Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Oil Lamps Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
maduro01

Re: Love Lamp, Money Lamp: Pictures

Unread post by maduro01 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:19 pm

J Simulcik wrote:My wife and I put together a love lamp for strengthening our marriage and keeping the love strong. Some visitors to the forum may not be familiar with lamps for work, and they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, so I'll attach a photo as well.

Nice oil lamps. This is my oil lamp.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6146/oillamp.jpg
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Miss Ida Lundin

Re: Oil Lamps Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:36 am

well that is a nice oil diffuser, but it is not really that kind of thing we work with when doing oillamps, as we use kerosene lamps as the picture J Simulcik posted. You are probably aware of the difference yourself. But since this forum is visited by many people, when we talk about an oil lamp we talk about a kerosene lamp that typically has the oil part filled with condition oil and curios in addition to the fuel and a petition paper that some attach to the wick.

emiley

Re: Today, I made a Money Lamp.

Unread post by emiley » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Oh!! Wow...!!! It was a great idea for me.Making a money lamp. I didn't have any idea about it earlier but now I shall also try for it. I really say thanks to you for imparting this idea. By the way how did you come across this plan? Well I shall look forward some more cool ideas from your side.

AlfaSaint18
Cough Up The Money Lamp Spell

Unread post by AlfaSaint18 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:08 pm

So, I know I'm new to the forums, but I thought I'd share a trick I used to force a former roommate to pay up the rent money he owed me and the rest of my roommates after he left our home.

Cough Up The Money Lamp

Ingredients:
16 oz, wide mouth Mason Jar
Cotton Bandaging
Small Wax Doll Baby
Copy of Rent/Utility Bill
Large paperclip
Castor Oil
Half bottle of LM PAY ME Oil (http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-pay-me.html)
Half bottle of LM COMMANDING OIL (http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-compelling.html)
Half Bottle of LM ESSENCE OF BEND OVER (http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-essence-of-bend-over.html)
Three Chili Peppers

On a Saturday night, when the moon was decreasing/waning, I sculpted a small wax figure of the former roommate with his full name written on the back and baptised it: "In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Repeating the formula three times and holding it in my hand long enough to become soft enough that I could twist the arms behind the back.

I then prepared a name paper with his name and "COUGH UP THE MONEY NOW" written across it and placed that at the bottom of the jar. On top of the name, paper made out of the bill and I placed the wax doll and three red peppers before slowly drizzing the LM PAY ME, COMMANDING, and BEND OVER oils over them. I then constructed the wick out of the cotton and using a bent paperclip made a holder so that it could be secured over the lip of the jar and burn safely. I then filled up the jar with castor oil.

I then opened my Bible to Psalm 35 which begins: "Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me." and focused on him coming back to the house to pay back the money he owed u while praying three Our Fathers. I followed this up every day for a week at the same time and renewed the castor oil fuel in the home-made lamp, repeating the prayer while making sure that one of our roommates would either call or text message him while I "went to my room to pray".

Notes:

The first two days he avoided our attempts to contact him. The third day he responded that he was waiting for his pay check to arrive and we would have to wait for another week. The week after that, he skimped on us, but a mutual friend informed me that he was experiencing really bad cramps and vomiting a bit. The day after that, I called and told him,"Cough up the money, so we can get over this sh***"." Two days later, while I was zoning out on the couch watching television, an envelope was slid under the door with a check in his name on it. When I went outside, he was already in his car driving away.

Notes of Thanks:

I would definitely like to thank D.H. Balthazar of Gnostic Conjure for inspiration on constructing magical lamps and using doll-babies in conjunction with that particular work. Thanks also to Cat for making her great products available and being a great teaching resource.

witchy_woman

Re: Cough Up The Money Lamp Spell

Unread post by witchy_woman » Wed May 11, 2011 8:11 am

Wow! That seems like it would also work great with dead beat dads, who refuse to pay child support! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you St. Jude, for answering all my prayers!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed May 11, 2011 8:15 am

Thanks for posting this spell.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

StaticSea

Unread post by StaticSea » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:57 pm

How could this be altered to have a debt collector send a letter to my human resource department?
I paid my debt in full and yet my check is being garnished because the debt collector is taking their time sending out the proper notification that the debt has been satisfied .

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Very nice work! Thanks for posting!
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Great I love this. I am going to add this to my notes. Thanks for this great posting.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Me too, thanks AlfaSaint18!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

nvme
Made my very first oil lamp! Now I could use some help!

Unread post by nvme » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi LM Family!
I made my very first oil lamp this afternoon and am very excited about it! I originally attempted to purchase the adorable green one from LMCC but unfortunately it was out of stock....
So I decided to make my own using some neat things I bought to fill up the well from LMCC, along with other fun things that mean quite a bit to me and my family. (specific to the cause at hand, naturally! ;) )
I feel like I'm off to a great start!

I understand that this flame is to stay on all of the time, and I have no problems with that aspect of it.

My problem... (you knew there had to be one, right? :oops: )

Well, my problem is that I know next to nothing about the maintenance of oil lamps!
And this might sound really lame, but how do I know when to advance the wick? I mean, does the flame slowly start dying out or something? Would that be my cue to advance the wick? I have never seen an actual oil lamp in action (besides in pictures) so I am pretty confused! I don't want to inadvertently screw up my first lamp by haphazardly fiddling around with this wick, or do something dangerous like accidentally set my house ablaze by not knowing how to work with this wick! LOL.

Other than that I am having a grand time with my new lamp- by following this thread I was able to put a lot of suggestions from previous posts to good use! (Thanks y'all!) But no one else seemed to have wick-issues! :lol:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :D
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Matthew 21:22

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Oil lamps take some getting used to. Simply watch and when the oil is low you can refill, when the flame is dying out you can raise the wick a bit, but the key is to do this with prayers and in spirit. If you'll work this oil lamp for a long time then tend to it properly, trim the wick, clean the chimney, and keep it fueled.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

nvme

Unread post by nvme » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Wow! Thank you so much ConjureMan Ali- I wasn't anticipating such a rapid response! You are a total rock star!!! :D
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Matthew 21:22

autumnalflower

Green Money Lamp

Unread post by autumnalflower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 am

I have in my order the Green Money Lamp along with the money house blessing and money stay with me oil. In the description, it says it's fixed for money drawing, but fixedd with what exactly? I'm wanting to prepare it as it says here:http://www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html. But I don't want to buy repeats right now, yes I could get the extras now but am on a tight budget so I have to do a little at a time. Also when and for how long would I burn the lamp? I'm wanting to know before I complete my order. Thanks for the help and blessings be at Gods speed to you.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Green Money Lamp

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

I keep my oil lamps burning 24/7 in most cases. I only put them out when I am going to be away from the house for 12+ hours.

The fixed lamps will have all the herbs/curios/minerals you need in them. You do not need to add anything to it. If you're on a tight budget I would recommend just working with the fixed lamp as is. If in the future - hopefully when you have more income - you wish to add to it, then you can. But no need to spend extra money you don't have on an item that is already properly prepared to work as-is.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 am

Thank you Devi Spring for that information, just out of curiosity do you use plain old clear lamp oil in yours to refill/fill it? And when you refill it is it ok to use the money house blessing and money stay with me, I mean can you use both together or should you use them individually?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:58 am

You can use both of those oils together - that's fine. Just use one or two drops of each when you refill the well.

I used to use the colored oil when I could find it, but if the glass of the well is colored you can use clear oil. I stopped using kerosene lamps awhile ago in favor of the vegetable oil kind. But both are equally effective. It's just a personal preference.

autumnalflower

Unread post by autumnalflower » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks again for your answers! Much obliged.

Tabbylove17

Re: Love Lamp, Money Lamp: Pictures

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm

You know I asked about the red oil lamp just a second ago and there is the answer sorry, disregard the question.

Tabbylove17

Littlestar

John Conqueror Root Love Lamp?

Unread post by Littlestar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm making a Love oil Lamp. I'm confused about John Conqueror Root. Right now I have a pair of lodestones, magnetic sand, the LM 9 love herb mix, Queen Elizabeth Root, and LM oils and personals. Does that sound good or should I change it? I need some healing and drawing back in both love and lust department in my relationship with bf.

Turnsteel

Re: John Conqueror Root Love Lamp?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

You could add it, name it for him and name the Queen Elisabeth root for yourself, those two roots, High John and Queen Elisabeth are often paired together in spells of love and fidelity.

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:57 pm

John the Conqueror Root is a good "male" root; if you name the Queen Elizabeth root for you, and John The Conqueror root for your boyfriend, each root can be the female and male energy of the lamp coming together for a passionate union. For lust, try adding some Lovage aka Bo'Hog Root to the lamp; it induces lust in both men and women :)

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Dr. E.

Unread post by Dr. E. » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 am

I concur with MaryBee's suggestions. I'd change it to Queen Elizabeth Root, Bo'Hog Root, the lodestones and magnetic sand, and I would add in some Balm of Gilead for reconciliation and maybe some damiana or cubeb berries for passion.

I'd also take a photo of you and a photo of him and put a tiny dab of honey on the mouth of your photo, then stick his photo to your photo so the mouths touch and that they are connected through the sweetness of kisses and sweet words. I'd even pin the two photos together so you stay connected and then place that under the lamp to continually bring light and warmth to your relationship.
Dr. E. - AIRR Member and Graduate of H.R.C.C. #1266G

Forest_Roots

Unread post by Forest_Roots » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 am

Thank you for the pictures and I enjoy reading everyone's posts! This isn't something I have personally done before, however, my grandpa always used them. When I would ask him why he used the lamp when the light was on (electric light) he would say things like "different lights do different things" etc.

I've recently thought about adding this practice to my own. Thanks for your posts everyone!
Reverend Josh
Head of the Temple of the Silver Circle
A Traditional Witchcraft Coven

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

nvme --

When the wick burns down too low, the flame will become low; you then turn the little dial, which will ratchet a tiny bit of wick upward and, if necessary, you trim the wick to a slightly convex or chamfered edge. You want it to burn brightly, without smoking, like this:

If the wick is not trimmed to a slightly convex or chamfered edge, or if the wick is turned up too high, the flame will smoke and will soot up your lamp chimney and make a mess, like this:

catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:52 pm

By the way, for those looking for good written material on oil lamps, there is a two-page flyer on the subject, written by Professor Porterfield, which is included in the Complete Lucky Mojo Flyers Set. The flyer is not available as a one-sheet, but comes in this highly useful compilation package:

BOO-GRI-LMCF
Lucky Mojo Flyers, Complete Set in Report Cover, Mailed Flat
$9.00

A complete set of all of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company's free spell flyers, PLUS copies of all flyers distributed through the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church Workshops, conveniently collected into one 3-hole punched report cover. Includes Candle Divination; Love Spells; How to Use Oils, Incense, Sachets, and Bath Crystals; Bottle Spells; Oil Lamps; Container Spells, Foot Washing; Astrology and Hoodoo; Doll Babies; Cooking with Magical Herbs; Spiritual Cleansing; Money Spells; Reading the Bones; Spiritual Perfumes and Incenses; Mojo Bags; Tea Leaf Reading; Gambling Spells; and more. Authors include catherine yronwode, Miss Bri, Lara Rivera, Ms. Robin, Dr. Dotson, Prof. Porterfield, Sister Robin Conjure, and others.

And this is the standard 12-inch oil lamp that we sell in our shop:

ALT-LIT-KERO
12" Kerosene Oil Lamp
$20.00

catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:43 pm

I have that particular flyer and it really is great. I am very fond of lamp-work often making home-made ones. Something I recommend along with lamps is to get the Rootworkers Special Oil with your favorite mix of oils which can then be used to add along with your fuel. I usually work these lamps nearly continuously and they pack a great punch.

Wild at Heart

Unread post by Wild at Heart » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:47 pm

What is the traditional way to go about extinguishing your lamps? Since it's on going work, do you have to remove the chimney (which could be really hot...) and pinch it out?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 am

Most kerosene lamps you would retract the wick slowly to extinguish it.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I have two ongoing lamps and when I need to extinguish them I either retract the wick as Devi stated, or place a wood block over the opening for about 10 seconds. This will force the fire to eat all available oxygen in the lamp and then go out. Be warned, this can blacken you lamp very quickly. Be cautious and remember to never leave anything you use to put out the flame on top of the "chimney." Please do not burn down your house.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Wild at Heart

Unread post by Wild at Heart » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 am

Thank you both. :)

almondworld

I want to make a crown of success oil lamp

Unread post by almondworld » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I am a big fan of crown of success product, and I would like to have a oil lamp.

Since Dearest Devi Spring mentioned her wonderful crown of success oil lamp, it always running through my head. :roll:

Sadly, I can't find yellow or golden oil lamp... :( (searched ebay,amazon,charity shop...everywhere) What could I do now...Really want to have it... :cry:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: I want to make a crown of success oil lamp

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm

You do not need yellow glass for your Crown of Success oil lamp. Use clear glass and ust put golden sparkly things in it, like Pyrite.
catherine yronwode

almondworld

Re: I want to make a crown of success oil lamp

Unread post by almondworld » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:39 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:You do not need yellow glass for your Crown of Success oil lamp. Use clear glass and ust put golden sparkly things in it, like Pyrite.
Recorded it on my notebook already, thanks miss cat for your quick respond. :lol:

almondworld

when is proper time to light crown of success oil lamp

Unread post by almondworld » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 am

First of all, I'd like to thanks Miss Cat inspirit me. I used herbs from crown of success kit, add a piece of Pyrite and sunflower oil into a clear glass oil lamp, made my first crown of success oil lamp today. I want to know when is proper time to light it? Thanks in advance. :D

GoodLuckNatalie

Unread post by GoodLuckNatalie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 am

This thread has been a great read. I've been on the look-out for some litte lamps. It seems like they were easy to find back in the nineties and not so much these days.

I find plenty of tiki torches. Anybody used a tiki torch for conjure purposes? :)
*Pisces Sun, Sag Moon, Gem Rising*
fan of show, CSL member, happy customer, hopeful future student

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:01 am

I have not heard of anyone using tiki torches for conjure. Not yet anyway!
Joseph Magnuson

SeleneAnna

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:58 pm

How do you suggest use of the mini lamps sold on the LM site? I ordered one for an upcoming court case, but since it would be almost impossible to burn these perpetually, I am unsure of how to properly employ it. Would you simply burn it while praying your intentions and then let the oil release the energy of the curios?

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:05 pm

SeleneAnna,

Pray your petition over the lamp before/as you light it, leave it burning as long as you can. Whenever you must extinguish it, you can slowly retract the wick until the flame goes out. Whenever you're able to light it again, repeat the petitioning process as when you started the lamp burning. Best of luck to you!
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

SeleneAnna

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Thank you Zolakathryn! I just love these little lamps! I can't wait to start work with it.

Pappa K

Unread post by Pappa K » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:44 pm

I set up a money drawing oil lamp and have been using it for a few months and it seems to be weaker than my candle spell. It seems to take longer to see results. Would like others thought on what I might be doing wrong?

My set up:

Oil lamp dressed with money drawing oil.

placed Lodestone with magnetic sand; pyrite; $1.00 worth of real silver dimes; High John the conqueror; dragons blood;cinnamon stick; green lamp oil.

petition from clients.

Psalms 23

This is no different from my normal spell with the exception of the lamp and oil.

Do you think because I'm not use to the lamp my focus isn't as clear or maybe my energy is drained from the lamp burning all the time?

If you need anymore information please ask.

Thank you all for any help or comments you provide.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:13 pm

My oil lamp spells bring me a lower level, but continued and fluid, amount of success.

The candle spells I do burn bright and quick and clean. Powerful and then out. That carries the petition out quickly and does it's job.

The lamp is more of a soft and continuous work, bringing in just enough to replace what went out and always keeping us above ground in this department.

This is just my personal experiences with oil lamps vs. candle work. Thought I would share.
Joseph Magnuson

Pappa K

Unread post by Pappa K » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:35 am

Thank you. This seems to be what mine is doing.

SeleneAnna

Money lamp placement question

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:19 pm

I am making a money lamp for my home to help with receiving child support. I would like to leave it burn all of the time. But I have a toddler and two curious kittens. The only place I can think to set it up safely is on the bathroom sink since its heat resistant and a room that I can close off. But I know in some traditions of thought it is unlucky to place anything regarding money in the bathroom or your finances will go down the drain so to speak. Do you think that I should avoid putting it there?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:40 pm

I love oil lamp work and find it strong and powerful. Spiritually, I find that lamp work builds slowly but grows and grows until its force is amazing. The power with lamp work comes from tinkering with the lamp, increasing its flame, continuously praying, adding oils from time to time, and tending to the lamp. Lamps are a combination of container spell and candle spell. The former gain power from being worked and this is the key to lamp work.

When it comes to long term work, I find lamp work is not only strong, but continuously and swiftly produces results.

If your work is slow you might consider adding elements of Road Opening to your work.

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Money lamp placement question

Unread post by aura » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 am

Hi SeleneAnna,

Hopefully a forum moderator with more experience can give you some more detailed insight than I. That said, during the day when you're around and watching, consider keeping the lamp in the kitchen in a high place (like above the fridge, if kitties can't get there that is).

During the day when you're gone or otherwise occupied, many people place lights in the bathtub without any ill effects to the spell. The main place to avoid in the bathroom is on the toilet bowl tank which is often used for crossing spells, particularly when the light will be put out prior to its natural burning life.

Another alternative you may not have considered which might solve the dilemma and bypass the bathroom altogether would be keeping the lamp (if it's small) in the oven on a cookie sheet. This is another place many will place candles and vigil lights for safe burning when they are out of the house. It has a door that keeps it away from prying pets and people as well.

Blessings and best of luck in your money drawing work.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:35 am

Put the lamp in a room where you can shut the door and keep the child and kittens out.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 am

I use a 3 inch lipped metal baking dish filled with rocks and glass marbles when I need to keep an oil lamp burning and cannot be at home with it. Good luck!
Joseph Magnuson

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:36 pm

Interesting. Could you close off the door to your bedroom, den etc? Are if all else fails burn it only when you are at home.

SeleneAnna

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:55 am

Unfortunately I live in a small apartment. I'd have to either shut the cats off to their litter box or my child off to his toys. I'd love to have a house with a designated room for work. Maybe if this gets the child support rolling in I'll be able to! The only door I can keep closed right now is the bathroom. I have a closet, but with as much as I have to store in it, it would be far too much of a fire hazard.

blanksean

what to do if your conjure lamp goes out?

Unread post by blanksean » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:22 pm

i made a conjure lamp but the flame burns low cause the wick is just a rolled cotten ball when it goes out am i supposed to pray my patition again and keep lighting it? do i keep it lit at all time?

Miss_Liz

Re: what to do if your conjure lamp goes out?

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when mine goes out, I re-light it and just pray over it again. I always put mine out at night/if I left the house for safety.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am

I do the same. In fact, I design my conjure lamps so they only have enough oil to burn about 4-8 hours -- it's summertime, dontcha know, and a dozen or more busy little flames can sure crank up the heat.

Candles of many different sizes have been and still are used in conjure work -- everything from the 2-hour chime candles to the 14-day giant candles (if you can find them). If expense, weather, lack of privacy or other factors prevent you from keeping a light going all the time, you can certainly light one for part of a day -- but do it each day for as long as the spell requires.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
Forum Moderator - Member of AIRR

whistler

Unread post by whistler » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 pm

just my two cents here. I have a money and employment related lamp that I light and say a prayer over while I am getting ready for work and then extinguish when I return home, everyday.

Interestingly enough, what happens for me is my day will go pretty good, for instance, and then suddenly something bad will happen, such as a costly mistake is made at work. When I get home, I will find that my lamp is out from running dry. What I do then is I dismantle the lamp, clean it out as the wick mechanism gets gunky from the burning oils and then reload it with lamp oil (i bough a large jug of liquid parafin wax from a catholic church supply shop), add my oils (prosperity, steady work, boss fix) and then prayer over it a couple times. I try to do that at night before going to bed, as the morning can be a bit too hectic.

If I forget to light it in the morning, the day becomes a comedy of errors.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Whistler, is that the only prosperity work you're doing? It sounds like your faithful lamp could use some reinforcements. How about a prosperity mojo that you could lay beside that lamp for seven days of blessing before you put it in your pocket?

Miss Michaele

whistler

Unread post by whistler » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Funny you should say that MissMichaelle, because after today's gongshow at work.. I think you just might be onto something.

Wild at Heart

Unread post by Wild at Heart » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:47 am

I'd add some blockbuster/uncrossing work to complement your lamp, if you're noticing your performance is dependent on it remaining lit. Also, have you looked at the smoke-less, scentless oils for burning? I have not encountered a gunk or build-up problem with them.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I agree with the posters, its always a good idea to back up work; you can also consider posting a prayer request at Crystal Silence League (http://crystalsilenceleague.org/prayerrequests.html)

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Oil lamp seems weaker than candle spells

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 pm

ConjureMan Ali wrote:I love oil lamp work and find it strong and powerful. Spiritually, I find that lamp work builds slowly but grows and grows until its force is amazing. The power with lamp work comes from tinkering with the lamp, increasing its flame, continuously praying, adding oils from time to time, and tending to the lamp. Lamps are a combination of container spell and candle spell. The former gain power from being worked and this is the key to lamp work.
Good to hear, Ali. Over the past month or so, I've switched from mostly candles to almost all homemade oil lamps. I certainly haven't noticed any increase in client complaints.
If your work is slow you might consider adding elements of Road Opening to your work.
Uncrossing might be called for, too.

Miss Michaele

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 am

I find no difference in strength between the two.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”