Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Online Shopping Cart Questions and Answers

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
Simcha

Unread post by Simcha » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I was about to place my order but didn't see any encrytion or verisign seals..I may have missed it.
What steps are in place to ensure the safety of customers when placing credit card orders?

Sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, but I looked an was unable to find it in topics.

Thanks!
Simcha

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Secure Ordering

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:00 pm

We use a shopping cart called Shopsite. Shopsite runs a secure site -- and it purges your CVV2 number after one viewing. However, we do not automatically process your card from the shopping cart in the way that, for instance, amazon does, in real-time. Instead, we transfer the data to our database, after which the CVV2 is purged and we cannot regain it, then we hand-run the card through our merchant services provider. If we have trouble with the card, we will telephone you. If we are out of certain items and want to suggest substitutions, we will telephone you. In short, the shopping cart is, at the present time, being used as a hybrid.
catherine yronwode

Simcha

Re: Secure Ordering

Unread post by Simcha » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Thanks so much for the information!!

supper
Forum Member

I am Blocked

Unread post by supper » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Hello
I just need to say that I am so happy this website exist.
So I am ready to place an order with LMC and I am also
a member when it comes to placing a order. As I was ready
to "Check out" as I was logging in, my password is "Locked out".
Can someone help me with this? I do not want to start a new account
with a differ email.
Thank you
supper

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: I am Blocked

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:05 pm

I am not sure what you mean, because we do not have "members" or "accounts" for placing orders. You just use the shopping cart, enter in your information, and the order is held at our shopping cart site until we download it. We do not charge your card automatically, but only after we enter the order into our system.
catherine yronwode

robynrawr
Forum Member
Ordering by Phone, Email, or Postal Mail vs. Shopping Cart?

Unread post by robynrawr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi, since I don't have a credit card, I have to send in my orders by mail. I sent in one earlier this month with a money order, and I was wondering, if I called the shop, could I verify whether or not they have received my order and/or give me an order number?
Thanks!

Chagrinedgirl
Forum Member
Re: Mail Orders

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:23 pm

The shop can absolutely do both. Their customer service is excellent, and they have always answered any questions I had. Also, orders that require handmade items, and bigger orders, are taking about a month.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

supper
Forum Member

Unread post by supper » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Thank You for your reply. Sorry if my posting did not seem clear.
But this is what happen. As I am adding your products to my cart
and I am was ready to 'check out' it is needing for my email and password,
well I have one because I have order from you before, but I had forgotten it. As I clicked
on 'forgot my password' I went back to my email to retrieve my password it has said: 'Sorry, your account is locked'
So I do not know why as I open my email to get my password is had said 'Sorry, your account is locked'
Do I owe money or did I do something wrong?

Thank you,
supper

supper
Forum Member

Unread post by supper » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:02 am

Hello
can anyone help me out?

Thank You,
supper

supper
Forum Member

Unread post by supper » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:51 am

I guess I am not allowed to place an order by the website
but might have to fax it over.....

Thanks
supper

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 pm

supper wrote:Hello
can anyone help me out?

Thank You,
supper
HI Supper,
I don't work at Lucky Mojo, but I suspect that what happened has more to do with the shopping cart program they use than any store policy. I bet you that what happened was after you tried to log in incorrectly a certain number of times your account was automatically blocked. You may need to give it a few days before it unlocks you, its a security measure that a lot of online ordering systems have in place for the protection of your personal information.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Or you could try calling the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. voice line and asking about your order (or that you would like to place an order). I'm fairly sure the online shopping cart is not the only way to order, especially since the phone number is so prominent on the main website.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

supper
Forum Member

Unread post by supper » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 am

You so much Bri and Art. I will place my order by phone
What I believe is that if there is a will there is a way.

Thank you so much,
supper

Loved
Forum Member
Question about Ordering via Postal (Snail) Mail

Unread post by Loved » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:42 am

Hi,
I am wondering if I can send in my entire order (payment, petition, photos) via snail mail for light setting, because I would like to send in photos with the order at the same time. If I pay online, how will the photos be able to be added to the order/requests?
Also with the lights, is it better to focus on one type? Because I chose five different that I would like to have set - all for reconciliation and bringing back a boyfriend. Is this too much.

Sorry one more thing, I located a rootworker nearby that says they completed the Lucky Mojo Course. Is it too much to have them do spell work for me and also have the lights set at your church at the time?

SAND

Unread post by SAND » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:06 am

When I am trying to process my order on line , the website ask me to write a shipping address and then press edit ,but I can't see where to press ,all the pics on the form are blank, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

NotDorianGray

Re: order form is blank

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Refresh the page.

If that fails, reload each image one by one.

If you have other programs/tabs open, close them to make more space.

If it still doesn't work, try again in half an hour.

Still no luck? Reboot.

Again, no luck? Borrow a friend's computer.

Otherwise, it's DOWN.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Question about Ordering

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:55 am

Yes, you can send everything by snail mail. No problem.

Yes, you can have a local rootworker helping you on your case and have the work backed up by havinbg Brother Ian set lights for you at the church.

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode

Loved
Forum Member
Re: Question about Ordering

Unread post by Loved » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:18 am

Thank you :)
And thank you for organizing and maintaining such a wonderful site. Visiting this site really gives me a sense of peace. I ordered your book on Hoodoo (Materia Magica) last week. I can't wait for it arrive! :D

Turnsteel

Ordering by Phone, Email, or Postal Mail vs. Shopping Cart?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I went to place an order with the shop over the phone, I was told that I should wait until I had internet access and order online. This is a problem for me, my internet access is sporadic at best and never on a secured network, so I can not use my credit card for fear of it getting hacked. I hope this is a temporary thing as I am sure I am not the only one that ,for whatever reasons, cannot order online. So was this temporary or is this now store policy?

pink_sockies

Well humph...Payment page issues

Unread post by pink_sockies » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:27 am

I'm slowly making my way,but I'm having account troubles,for one,I can't get my payment page to work,it's all blank..it'd be nice to be able to buy the things I've been trying to >.<

Basically...Can anyone help me figure out how to use this site?As everything seems to be running around in a circle,had to make this account twice,which though a bit annoying,isn't really a big deal to me...but I'd like to know what I seem to be doing wrong when it comes to trying to get my payment page to work>.<tells me to pick a way to pay...then a blank square...followed by a line saying how I can change how I pay..great and dandy if it'd ever even become unblank and gimme something to click:P

-Thanks in advance

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Well humph...Payment page issues

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:17 am

This sounds like you are having a browser issue with our shopping cart system. Dozens of people use the Lucky Mojo shopping cart to place orders every day, so we know it is working. If you have an outdated browser, it may not work for you. You can telephone the shop to place an order by credit card or mail the order in with a money order.
catherine yronwode

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 am

I placed my order by phone and the lady that took my order was super nice and it went very smoothly. Now I am just excitedly awaiting my first order! After reading all the product reviews I can't wait to get started using them..

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 am

You will love your products when you get them and appreciate the personal time and energies involved.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: No longer taking orders by phone?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:14 pm

HD, I do not work for Lucky Mojo but I know for a fact that they have customers who have NO internet access and have placed orders there for a long time. I'd say to call them back and tell them your situation and make sure to mention if you are a student (present or former) of cat's.
good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:16 pm

We certainly do take retail orders by snail-mail, by phone, by email, and through the internet shopping cart at our web site.

We do not take wholesale orders by phone as they are too long and complicated, and work better by shopping cart.
catherine yronwode

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Yeah, I think maybe you guys might have just been over run with orders that day,lol. I've since called in orders many times and gotten the same helpful and kind service I've come to know from LuckyMojo :D

Nblackqueen

Do I have to be registered to order?

Unread post by Nblackqueen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm

I tried to order something today and at the checkout I was asked to register to able to order. Do I have to be a registered member to be able to order or that only applies to certain staff only?

Turnsteel

Re: Do I have to be registered to order?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:46 pm

As far as I know if you order over the internet you do need to register an account. However it isn't hard to do and you only have to do it once.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Do I have to be registered to order?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Registration means that we retain a copy of your name and address, so the next time you order, you don't have to fill everything out again. Most shopping cart sites work this way.
catherine yronwode

RM

Difficulty in editing my address to make an order

Unread post by RM » Wed May 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I tried to write my address on the page
"Ship To - Select the ship to address below and click Edit to view or change your shipping information"
But I don’t see any indication of where to add my address details
I actually cant see any picture on this page, why?

RM/Noa

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Difficulty in editing my address to make an order

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi RM / Noa-
This is not customer service for Lucky Mojo. You'll need to contact the shop directly.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

justa
Forum Member

Can We Order via Email or Snail Mai, not via Shopping Cart?

Unread post by justa » Thu May 06, 2010 3:40 am

Hello,

On ordering a series of three candles to be set by the MISC I saw that LM does not accept pictures for petition by email. However, I just saw a post from Miss Cat, sent in April of this year, that stated you can email a photograph to MISC. I am a little confused! Last candle set for me, I sent pictures through the post. This time is more urgent so I decided that I would forgo the wait for the photograph to arrive in Forestville from my home in England and have the firsr candle lit at once. Can we or can't we email pictures for our petitions?
Thank You x

freegirl

Re: Email or Snail Mail

Unread post by freegirl » Thu May 06, 2010 5:15 am

They will do email photos for regular customers. Call the shop and make sure. LM does not accept email photos for MISC candle serviee clients, the photos have to go to MISC.

gbenson
Forum Member

Unread post by gbenson » Thu May 06, 2010 5:19 am

I remember reading the post about accepting email photographs, would be nice to know if there is an added amount that can be added to the total to cover the cost of the printing, I'd like to pay more because it saves money on the postage and the time it takes to arrive there.

cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 am

Yes you can. You need to put 'photo and petition for order number xxxxx' in the subject of your email.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 06, 2010 6:55 am

Cat has said a few times on the Hoodoo Rootwork Hour that they now (a while ago) can accept pictures as email attachments, and now that most people have access to the internet it helps get a good picture to MISC for candles to be loaded/set. However, the people at LM do not have time to print out MISC photos.Send the photos to MISC.

Good luck!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Fri May 07, 2010 1:15 am

If I recall correctly, she said that that it was OK to send photographs to MISC, with the logic being that the people who post on the forums are more likely to know how to send a photograph of the proper resolution and size.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Difficulty in editing my address to make an order

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon May 10, 2010 7:18 pm

This would seem to be a problem with the type or version of the browser you are using. Try another browser. It's working for other folks -- we are receiving orders daily with addresses that differ in shipping and billing fields -- so it's probably your browser. Try calling the shop and speaking to Oran, Angela, or nagasiva, and having them walk you through the process.
catherine yronwode

Addi123
Forum Member

Is sending card details via email safe?

Unread post by Addi123 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

I made an order and was sent an email by Angela saying the credit card has been rejected. I asked how to pay with a different card and she replied saying I can send the details via email.

I am borrowing the card/money from somebody else and they are worrying that it is an unsafe method of sending details and think its safer if there was a way to change them on the site where they know it is secure.

If it is fine to send the details via email which details do I send?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Is sending card details via email safe?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:36 pm

You ask "which details do I send?" -- well, the card number, expiration date, security number, name of card-holder, billing address for card.

BUT -- you cannot use someone else's card to order from us unless you can get them on the telephone to speak with us.

We have had way too much fraud with "borrowed" cards that the person legitimately borrowed, then there was a falling out between loaner and borrower, and to get revenge, the loaner claimed it was an unauthorized charge -- and WE got stuck with the chargeback. So that's a total no-no. No borrowed credit cards without us speaking to the card-holder first.

I recommend that you and your loaner telephone the shop and talk to Angela, the office manager. She is off Sunday and Monday and will be back in on Tuesday. Or you could ask for Della or Heidi to help you, as they will be in on Sunday and Monday, i think.

As far as how safe it is to send card number by email -- i've done it for years with no trouble. Some folks are more concerned about security and they break the card number up into two messages. But, as i said above, because you are using a loaner card, we need to speak to the owner of the card.
catherine yronwode

Addi123
Forum Member

Re: Is sending card details via email safe?

Unread post by Addi123 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Ok, I am unsure what time they can call as we live in the UK and wouldn't want to call at an innapropriate time (i.e, midnight)
I will talk with them later (they are asleep at the moment)

Thankyou for helping.

angelindisguise
Forum Member

Unread post by angelindisguise » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi.

I am trying to make an order to ship so I can get it asap, but when I go to "ship to" in my account and try to edit my shipping address, it pops up with a "no selection" and I tried calling, but the line is busy. :(

Can anyone help guide me through this? Thanks.
Magickal Blessing,
Angel

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Can someone help me out with checkout at LM store?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Just keep calling - the line won't be busy forever.

angelindisguise
Forum Member

Unread post by angelindisguise » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Yes, I got through. Thanks Devi. :)
Magickal Blessing,
Angel

angelindisguise
Forum Member

Unread post by angelindisguise » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:53 am

Do they notify you when they ship?
Magickal Blessing,
Angel

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 am

Yes, shipping notices are emailed for UPS shipments, but not yet for USPS (postal) shipments.

Aariadne
Forum Member
Can I Write My orders & Mail with M/O

Unread post by Aariadne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 am

I couldn't find this topic on the forum when I did a search so I'll ask.

I want to order things from the company but I have no credit card and to the best of my knowledge Lucky Mojo has discontinued the mailorder catalogue. I'm wondering if I went throught he online order forms and wrote them all down (or printed them and mailed them with a USD money order) if that could work. What address could I send the order to? Thanks.
Sacred Heart of Jesus may all tabernacles adore you. May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be worshipped and adored everywhere.
Thank you Saint Nicholas for your constant patronage and protection.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Can I Write My orders & Mail with M/O

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 pm

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html

Please read the above link.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Can I Write My orders & Mail with M/O

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 am

Yes, you can order with cash or a money order -- be sure to include all information and enough money for postage. We also accept Visa Gift Cards, which you can purchase at many stores and then use just like a debit card.
catherine yronwode

ariela
Forum Member

credit card stolen, need to make a payment

Unread post by ariela » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi I recently ordered two things from LMCC. The first one processed through my credit card fine. But I ordered something for $17 and unfortunately my credit card was stolen/lost this weekend, and someone spent $10 of it to buy something at a vending machine. I had $20 left before I was using to make the $17 payment, but it's coming up declined. I emailed the order@luckymojo but haven't heard back. I didn't cancel my card partly because the other purchase was "pending" so I didn't want to mess that up. So sorry about this.......I really want to straighten this out and it certainly wasn't intentional. What should I do? Can I call the shop on weekends? The other thing I can do is pay with paypal and money pak .....til I get my card replacement.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: credit card stolen, need to make a payment

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Yes, the shop is open 7 Days a Week, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time; Lucky Mojo doesn't accept Paypal.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

While it's true LM doesn't accept Paypal, you can get a PP debit card linked to your PP account and use it to make LM purchases lickety-split!
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

ariela
Forum Member

Unread post by ariela » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 pm

ok I'll call the shop.....I had to cancel that card. I have another one. maybe I should just start over? I will ask. sorry about this

ariela
Forum Member

privacy, spells, buying online

Unread post by ariela » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:17 am

This covers a couple topics not sure where to post. First of all, every time I buy something online with my credit card there is software that automatically posts all my sensitive information online. This concerns everybody who uses a credit card. I definitely want to keep buying from you guys, but.....? I will have to use gift cards or something like that in the future. Anyway, I'm just warning people this does happen. I am livid about this, which leads me to my topic: I would like to do a spell to protect my privacy. Should I use Fiery Wall Protection.....with.....on the the black candle write "privacy invaders" something like that....../graveyard dirt dunno sounds funny but I really need to do something. On the legal level I have to spend hours writing sites like spokeo people finders, which I personally have a very low opinion of, requesting to have my information removed. There is software that allegedly keeps information of yours from going on these sites, but people have said it's not reliable so.....anyway......wondering what you guys recommend. Are there psalms I should use to address this? What about certain saints? Or should I petition ancestors.......look at possibilitiesThanks again

Thank you St. Jude, St. Expedite, St. Anthony, St. Dymphna

Thank you ancestors Dan, Donna, John, Marie, Henry, Carl Christian, Danny I love you all

karina

Re: privacy, spells, buying online

Unread post by karina » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:51 pm

What software is this? Are you saying it is being published so that everybody can see it, or just your credit card vendor? Any reputable website has encryptions in place which PROTECT your private information, not broadcast it. If your private information is being broadcast to random websites, you probably have a virus or other malware on your computer, because this is not a common occurrence.

ariela
Forum Member

Re: privacy, spells, buying online

Unread post by ariela » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:21 pm

you could very well be right. but it's a recurring thing. thing is, this is a school computer guess that was a bad idea. even though I always clear history and so on. I'll tell the administrators.

thanks for keeping up protection though.

so there's the technical side and the spiritual as well.....

holly2004
Forum Member

account locked?

Unread post by holly2004 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm

I wanted to order a candle on the lucky mojo site, as i have done before, and i loved their stuff. the thing is, i cant get into my account as i cant remember my password, i have tried resetting it, but a message came up saying my account has been locked, i am very upset about this, i just want to purchase somthing from the Lucky Mojo site
will you be able to help me? I would be so grateful
thanks
Holly

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: account locked?

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Call or email the shop. You can order by phone too.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: account locked?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:50 pm

The only thing the shopsite account does is memorize your address and telephone data so you don't need to type it out every time. If you do make an account and it gets messed up -- usually because you've changed browser software or changed your service provider -- you can just start a new account.
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Ordering by Phone, Email, or Postal Mail vs. Shopping Cart?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm

BIG CHANGES AS OF TODAY!

As of April 16th, 2012, we have decided to no longer accept text-based EMAIL orders or FAX orders.

Why:

Our ONLINE SHOPPING CART has been online for many years now, and the system is reliable and secure, yet we still receive two to four email and fax orders per day. However, each of these requires an office person to cut-and-and-paste or actually type in the order -- a complete waste of time. Online ordering is the norm now, and if people have internet access, they can order online. End of story.

HOWEVER --

We recognize that many of our older clients and those who do not have reliable internet access cannot order online.

Therefore:

For them, and for all who require a high level for secrecy, we will continue to accept POSTAL MAIL orders, if accompanied by cash, a money order, or a personal check. (Checks are held for 3 weeks to verify clearing).

For full details, pelase see:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”