• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Oracle Card Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Just out of curiosity, I ordered the Art Deco cards, and they arrived yesterday. I love the artwork (1920's and 30's style, similar to Lucky Mojo labels) and a handy playing card size.

The cards consist of are 52 modern images that are easier for most people to understand than the tarot. This deck will be a great divination tool.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: Art Deco fortune telling cards

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks Mama Micki...
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby CopperFox » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Ah, I love those cards too! I was born in the wrong era...
Those cards really are a lot of fun and can dig as deep into a situation as the reader will take them. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I have with mine!

As an aside...the other prevalent art style of the era just prior to the deco movement, Art Nouveau, is also greatly to my liking. LM sells a beautifully illustrated traditional tarot deck, titled (big surprise!) Tarot Art Nouveau. Beautiful artwork. Some criticize the desk for being superficial and "too pretty" but if one is familiar with the RWS symbolism the deck can easily be used in a likewise manner. The art is stunning.

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby Literarylioness » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 pm

I love these cards!

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 pm

In response to the overwhelming interest in the Tantric Dakini Oracle cards, which Deacon Millett of AIRR used during his guest appearance on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour (originally broadcast in October, and rebroadcast as our Christmas archive show), i am happy to say we have this amazing photo-collage deck and book set back in stock!

DIV-FOR-TANT
Tantric Dakini Oracle Cards/Book Douglas/Slinger
$35.00

There are 65 cards in this set (64 for the Dakinis and 1 for the Fool (Shiva), plus a 224-page book. The layout and reasoning between the number of cards in the set is loosely based on the Temple of the 64 Dakinis in Asia. The artwork is amazingly photo-collaged and provides beautiful, surrealistic, sexy, psychedelic, and insightful responses to sincere queries. (Originally published in 1979 as the Secret Dakini Oracle by Nik Douglas and Penny SLinger, now in print as the Tantric Dakini Oracle, with the same art and a more descriptive title.)
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Tantric Dakini Oracle Cards and Book Set

Unread postby DestinyAndFate1 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Wow, awesome! Thanks Miss Cat! :) Glad its back in stock!
DestinyAndFate1

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 am

Wow, now that's service! It's nice to hear that Lucky Mojo is carrying these cards again, as they caused quite a commotion on the show and in the chat. Very nice!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby deaconmillett » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:09 pm

This is great news! I will start telling my reading clients where they can get their own deck. :D

Deacon Millett
deaconmillett

Re: Oracle Card Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm

DIV-FOR-ARTD
Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards
$7.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Wildflower38 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Hello, I've had some form of tarot cards or runes for many years & have read for myself & those close to me. Recently I've become much more interested in divination and have been studying other methods.

1) I've been looking for some Oracle of Belline cards but haven't found any new ones. Are these cards still made?

2) If not I've always heard that you can't use someone else's cards, but I would think that it would be ok as long as they were properly cleansed of negative energy. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

Lauralee
Wildflower38

Unread postby Tristan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Lauralee. To answer your questions:

1) Lucky Mojo does not currently carry the Oracle Belline. It's not a relatively well-known deck outside of the Francophonie, the way that Mlle Lenormand's contribution to cartomancy has been. It is still being made but would need to be imported from France or Québec. Because this forum is an extension of the shop, we won't discuss where to purchase it from.

For those wondering what this deck is about, it was allegedly created by Jules Charles Ernest Billaudot (1829-1881), also known by the name Mage Edmond. In his time, he was a well-known seer, reading for contemporary celebrity figures such as Alexandre Dumas, Napoléon III, Empress Eugénie, and Victor Hugo. In fact, he successfully predicted Hugo's exile to Jersey. Some have speculated that Mage Edmond may have even been a student of Mlle Lenormand.

Fast-forward to the 20th century. Belline was a seer operating from the same street that Mage Edmond did in Paris, from the 1950s-1980s. Belline discovered Mage Edmond's 53-card deck, named it Oracle Belline, and published it through Grimaud in 1961. He also discovered the Grand Tarot Belline and that was published as well.

It is a very interesting deck and I really encourage people to check it out. The deck consists of 53 cards, each having the symbol of one of the seven sacred planets. Each card has a symbolic picture and a keyword. For example, Card 11 has the symbol for the Moon on it and shows a very angry black cat with the keyword "Betrayal". All the works published on reading with it, however, are in French. There was a deck published called the New Belline with updated artwork and keywords translated into English, Spanish, German, and Chinese alongside the original French.

2) Some people don't like others handling their decks, some do. Many people encourage their clients to shuffle and cut the deck during a reading. There is no inviolable rule that you can't use someone else's deck. If the owner of the deck gives you their permission then go for it.

For cleansing decks - whether your own, someone else's, or one that was gifted to you - you can waft them through the smoke of Lucky Mojo Van Van Incense.

PS: Apologies to the forum moderators, who may wish to relocate these posts to the Oracle Card Reading thread. You guys do such great work at keeping the forum organized! It is really appreciated. :D
Tristan

Re: Tarot, Tarocchi, Tarock Card Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi, Lauralee --

1) We do not carry the Oracle of Belline.

2) I work with previously owned cards all the time. I have never believed all that hooey about how you must never never never use them. Sure, if they feel bad or wrong to you when you get them, then smoke them in some Van Van incense to clear them -- but if they feel really "right," you may actually pick up the GOOD VIBES of the previous owner, who, for all you know, was a gifted psychic! There is no reason to assume the negative when you can assume the positive!

-----

Hey, Tristan --

Thanks for the replies -- and thanks for the reminder to relocate this thread to the Oracle cards thread! I have done so!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:57 pm

And, just in case anyone wonders what my own favourite oracle card decks are -- they would be the Art Deco deck cited above and the more traditional Lenormand style French Cartomancy set shown here:

DIV-LEN-FREN
French Cartomancy Lenormand Deck & Book Set
$15.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby stelz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:25 am

Ditto on the French Cartomancy Lenormand, it's been my purse deck since it came out. Don't leave home without it!

There's another version of the Belline by a guy named Medlindaf. I haven't made a study of it, but I'm told he spent 15 years on it, correcting mistakes (the Belline was taken from the work of Mage Edmond). The infamous 'eagle and toad' card was actually supposed to be a courbel - like a vulture, which it got updated to. And the frog was actually a salamander. It's called the Tarot d'Eltynne. The only drawback (and this is purely subjective) is the digital art...too slick and contemporary for my taste. But a lot of people seem to prefer it over the Belline.

If you get the French Cartomancy, you might forget all about it though. Lenormand is scary accurate. :)
stelz

Unread postby Tristan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Hey stelz,

thanks for mentioning the Tarot d’Eltynne. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for more information on it.

My favourite deck that Lucky Mojo Sells is the Jeu du Destin Antique. The personalities on the cards are really brought to life. David (King of Spades) really looks like King David, complete with his lyre. Alexandre (King of Clubs) is outfitted to look like an Ancient Greek hoplite. It’s a nice deck if you read with a piquet deck.
Tristan

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Le Jeu du Destin Antique:

DIV-LEN-ANTI
Antique Cards of Destiny, Lenormand Style
$7.50

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby stelz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:19 am

Tristan wrote:Hey stelz,

thanks for mentioning the Tarot d’Eltynne. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for more information on it.

My favourite deck that Lucky Mojo Sells is the Jeu du Destin Antique. The personalities on the cards are really brought to life. David (King of Spades) really looks like King David, complete with his lyre. Alexandre (King of Clubs) is outfitted to look like an Ancient Greek hoplite. It’s a nice deck if you read with a piquet deck.

Never a problem! And yes, the Jeu Du Destin Antique is awesome.
I haven't identified all the characters, but the ones I recognize are spot on. :)
stelz

Unread postby Coyote Prophet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:50 pm

What Are The Best Oracle Decks?

Especially for beginners that people can suggest? Thank you.

Coyote Prophet
Coyote Prophet

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Coyote Prophet --

If you look above your post in this thread you will see four firm favourites -- The Tantric Dakini Oracle, The Art Deco deack, the Angtique Cards of Destiny, and the French Cartomancy deck. To these i will add another favourite, one which has been a consistent seller in our shop for 15 years, the Piatnik Gipsy (with an "i") deck, also known as the "Piatnik Green Gipsy Zigeuner deck."

DIV-FOR-GIPS
Gipsy (Zigeuner, Green Box) Fortune Telling Cards
$7.50

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby moonfiery » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 pm

I am seeing this last deck you have linked of interest, i have nine decks between oracle and tarot. Will be checking this deck out. I use the decks i have frequently, switching up each time depending on which energies i feel is connected with situation. The Gaia deck and Animal messages are two favorite oracle decks i have. The fairy ring Oracle i tend to read when digging deep in question. That deck has this fierce energy to it going along with the deck being very unique.
moonfiery

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards