Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking

Maljen
Re: Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking

Unread post by Maljen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 am

Devi Spring wrote:When working on a situation that is particularly worrisome for me, I will generally come up with an affirmation (a prayer could work as well) to go along with that work that supports it at the outset so that I'll have it ready when it's needed. Then, whenever I find myself thinking negatively or worrying or doubting, I catch myself and repeat the affirmation to myself a few times putting all my spirit into it until I feel filled with the power of it and have taken my mind off the negative track it was on. That has worked well for me.
Thank you, Devi. I will definitely give that a try. Not sure why I didn't think of it myself, as affirmations are something I used to use a lot in the past in life in general. I'll chalk that up as my blonde moment for the day ;)

And Ama, I'll look up the thread. I know I posted about some of it somewhere in there, so it should be easy for me to search for. Thanks as well!
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

luckycharms13

Unread post by luckycharms13 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:14 am

I'm new to hoodoo and was dealing with this too when I first started. I've been working on Reconciliation with my ex and it has been very painful and frustrating for me because it's taking a long time. What helped me most is getting a reading and doing my own readings from time to time to make sure I'm on the right track. When my mind starts to slip into negativity, I focus on the cards in my mind to remind myself that the situation is a lot better than what I'm thinking. I'm finally starting to see movement now, so that has changed my whole outlook and I'm a lot happier and more positive, but until you start to see your work manifest, you just have to keep putting all your energy into it, be patient, and have faith. I didn't even completely believe there was a chance we'd get back together, but I can see now that there is, and if I let my doubts and negativity destroy everything that I've worked and waited for, then there is no point and I should never have started in the first place. Also, in cases like this, if you don't work on healing yourself and making yourself strong and confident, that's counteractive because who wants to be with a miserable, insecure person who relies on someone else to make them happy and just lights a few candles to have what they want "magically" appear? Focus on yourself, because you have the power to change the situation with your thoughts and actions as well as your spellwork. That's just what I've learned so far...

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 am

Lucky, I totally agree, and while it's hard, I gave up a lot of my identity when I got married and never really found my new one as a wife, I am working to get that back. Not even for the reconciliation, but because I personally need it for me. I'm actually thinking of working up a 'me' spell or altar. Pictures of my former life when I was healthier & happier, friends I lost touch with but am slowly getting back, the school I want to go back to to finish by degree, etc. etc. I'd probably use Road Opener, Healing, C of S, and a few other products for it, but just some gentle steady work to help me regain 'me'.

But back to the original topic.....for a control freak like myself, learning to let go and not obsess and second guess my own work is extremely tough. But I'm taking this as a lesson I'm meant to learn and Hoodoo is meant to help teach me. :)
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:05 am

Maljen wrote:I gave up a lot of my identity when I got married and never really found my new one as a wife
OMG Exactly! I also have some mental illness issues my ex seems to go out of his way to make worse which hinders my current relationship with a guy who goes out of his way to try and undo what my ex did/does but sometimes my ex just strikes a nerve and off I go. Anyway I did just order a bunch of uncrossing and protection products plus 2 CofS vigils (one for me and one for the fiance so he can get that promotion finally so I won't feel so bad about using the bewitching oil on him) so I think once I do those things will start to get better in regards to keeping out the negativity. Next order is going to be for C&C and a self honey jar as was recommended somewhere else on the board.
I really like the affirmations idea, I have a couple of them for daily life and don't know why it didn't occur to move it into my spell work.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 am

Affirmations are great psychological tricks and something that when I first started working conjure for personal aims I used myself. It becomes a personal prayer and link to a better state of mind.

Another trick is to go about your work as if you've already been successful. Take a moment and visualize how everything would be if you succeeded, how you would feel, what thoughts would be going on in your mind. Literally memorize that moment and feeling. Then whenever you have doubt recall that moment and try to go back to feeling like you've already acheived what you wanted.

The third thing that has helped clients of mine is visual aids. Some of my rootwork includes Tarot cards layed out in the altar or as visual aids. Whenever they doubt I have them recall the tarot card(s) associated with the conjure. This helps to remind them of their objective and acts as a reminder of success. An example of this would be focusing on the 2 of Cups whenever you have doubts about love or reconciliation work.

Now mind you this isn't strictly hoodoo, but they are little tricks of the mind that help.

In additions to the mental tricks please follow up with products mentioned--they actually help a lot. Taking a Mastery and Power bath before and after baths can literally leave you feeling like the situation is completely in your control.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Master or Master Key?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Both can be used. Master products aid you in mastering yourself, situations, and other people and can help increase control over your own thoughts and emotions.

Master Key works to bring about spiritual mastery.

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, CM! I'll add the Mastery and Power bath crystals to my latest order. And I love the tip about the Tarot card. I've gotten a couple of readings from Dr. E regarding my situation and there's been one card that in Dr. E's words 'screams out of those readings'....so I think I'll start having that card next to me while I work so I can focus on it and what it means while I work. Thank you again!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:00 pm

The third thing that has helped clients of mine is visual aids. Some of my rootwork includes Tarot cards layed out in the altar or as visual aids. Whenever they doubt I have them recall the tarot card(s) associated with the conjure. This helps to remind them of their objective and acts as a reminder of success.
Interesting that you do this too! Sometimes I will scan a particular card for a client and tell them to print it out and put it around their house as a reminder and affirmation. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm

I actually started doing this recently. I am a fan of the Tarot among other things and in one post Miss cat suggested using a card as a focus. And for some reason it clicked that it can really help out clients.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 am

I have used elements of the book tarot spells by janina renee. It does help you focus, and it helps add a different element into the spell work. I really like the "gipsy fortune telling cards" because they are very literal, and small. I have found them to be helpful for divination and spell work.

NOT overthinking...is really a hard skill to master. I can telly from my own personal experience it is damn hard to stop thinking about something that you want SO bad. Facebook, myspace, twitter, and etc kills the situation. Especially when they dont even update or haven't updated their pages in like a year or a month.From my own experience, it would really make me mad to hear my reader telling me "oh they are not doing well" but facebook saying another. This had drawn me to light candle after candle thinking if I put more force behind it...things would happen faster, and harder. To me, this is another form of obsession/overthinking that i see quite often on this forum. People want to do something "harder" or faster for their targets when they are already having 10 candles ablaze in their space. Not good...it is just draining your energy, and your pocket book.

It is impossible to stop ALL negative thoughts, or doubt. Doubt comes into my mind all the time about spellwork, and this does not kill it. But constantly thinking negative, forcing yourself on a target by stalking them (whether they know or not), calling and hanging up, constantly emailing your rootworker (has it worked yet, or I dont see results),....i could go on and on. Just does not help the work.

Besides things I have already mentioned in other threads for helping, and what Devi, and conjureman have said, I would advise a person to hand the situation off to a professional especially if you have been working it for a long time, or just step back from your situation in general. If all you think about is your spellwork, and are stopping your life because it...that is a problem. Life should not revolve around getting someone back to the point where we forget to stop living, and trying to be happy. In addition, the best thing to do is get a reading.
Readings are not set in stone, but they can save you so much time. Some people go against what the reading says to only lead to more frustration, and heartbreak. Sometimes the universe's answer to things is just no...that can be a hard pill to swallow. But by continuing to work something that is done...someone is stop themselves from having other good things come into their life.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:51 am

I can telly from my own personal experience it is damn hard to stop thinking about something that you want SO bad. Facebook, myspace, twitter, and etc kills the situation. Especially when they dont even update or haven't updated their pages in like a year or a month.From my own experience, it would really make me mad to hear my reader telling me "oh they are not doing well" but facebook saying another. This had drawn me to light candle after candle thinking if I put more force behind it...things would happen faster, and harder. To me, this is another form of obsession/overthinking that i see quite often on this forum.
This is so me, unfortunately. For me it's very hard not to check FB and his email and the phone logs, because he's so far away and I have no one near him to pass any gossip on. All I see is communication between them, but I have no clue if they're fighting or getting bored with one another, etc. etc. I know she's eventually going to be sent somewhere else he can't follow due to her orders, but I want her gone NOW! *lol* It's that patience things I'm trying to learn, but it is hard.

I think I'm going to have to start mediating on the card that came up both times in readings regarding him and visualize that card already coming to pass in his life and what that means for him and then use one of the cards that's come up for me and visualize that card already coming to pass in my life and what that will mean for me.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:39 pm

what does constantly checking their facebooks, phone logs, and email do for you? Probably nothing except cause more anxiety. I understand thats your only way of "monitoring" and seeing if things worked, but I promise you if you stop checking for like 2 months and just do your spellwork, the work will probably start manifesting.

Miss_Liz

Unread post by Miss_Liz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

No kidding, I have to force myself to not check things or "cyber stalk" (..ok might be a tad guilty there) But I have been good for a few weeks. I decided the only thing checking things all the time would do is upset me, so why do it?

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:51 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:what does constantly checking their facebooks, phone logs, and email do for you? Probably nothing except cause more anxiety. I understand thats your only way of "monitoring" and seeing if things worked, but I promise you if you stop checking for like 2 months and just do your spellwork, the work will probably start manifesting.
Actually, being able to log into his FB and check hers brought me some peace. She's got orders 3000 miles away from him, and since he apparently (thanks to phone logs) really is having problems with his bad knee again, and may need surgery. He's looking at having to go through surgery, rehab, and the long months of LIMDU by himself, without her, most certainly without me, and without his friends on his crew as they deploy in the fall for the Gulf of Aden until late spring/early summer of next year. And it helps me keeping tabs on what he's doing mundanely as I still have to rely on him for about 60% of my income (and yes, I'm working on changing that as fast as possible).

At this point, because I know she is going somewhere he can't follow, I know they will break up very soon. Now my work is focusing on making that as harsh as possible and reversing everything they've ever done to hurt anyone back to them. I wouldn't have that level of confidence without having been able to see her orders through my 'stalking'. :)

((and how freakin' happy am I the forums are back!!!!))

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:59 pm

The key word in what I said was "constantly." Lucky for you...you were able to find what you were looking for to validate your work. But if you were checking it all the time and being consumed by it, and driven up the walls about it, then I feel like it would just be not so good. Then again you might find something from the facebook that you might not like. I just feel like its a fine line, and I know personally for myself, it just drove me bananas with the facebook.

I agree im happy the forum is back as well. :)

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:19 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:The key word in what I said was "constantly." Lucky for you...you were able to find what you were looking for to validate your work. But if you were checking it all the time and being consumed by it, and driven up the walls about it, then I feel like it would just be not so good. Then again you might find something from the facebook that you might not like. I just feel like its a fine line, and I know personally for myself, it just drove me bananas with the facebook.

I agree im happy the forum is back as well. :)
Oh I still check both his FB and his email (he's never changed his passwords). I've also gotten evidence of his infidelity that way should I need to turn it over to both their commands. What they are doing violates the Code of Military Justice and could and the very least get them both busted in rank, their pay cut for several months, and have them placed in restriction. It could also get them both kicked out, without benefits. It would all be up to their respective commands and how harsh they want to be with them, so while I want to so see 'OMG SHE BROKE UP WITH MEEEEEE!' on his FB, I'm also using it to gather ammo on the mundane level should I need it. It also got me photos of her and her DOB, so my links to her are stronger for working her. But I agree, it is a double-edged sword, and unless there is a legitimate reason to check up on someone, it shouldn't be done while working them or the situation if at all possible.

As for finding something I don't like on FB, it could never match the kick to the gut I got when I found the texts, and pictures, confirming my suspicions, on his phone when he was home on leave.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 pm

It's not that it shouldn't be done...its the level of excessiveness, and obsessiveness. I am not referring to your situation, but some people feel like every spill their whole lives on facebook, twitter, email, and whatever else. The point I am making that you should not drive yourself crazy checking this stuff, and not to mention it should not gauge whether the spell work is working or not. I find that some people are using it as a way to "monitor" if the couple is broken up or not, and monitoring I mean checking all day every day. Checking once a month okay...fine. But freaking out because they said I love you, and watching it like a pot of water is just not helpful.

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 pm

I hear you, and I do check daily, but again, at this point it's more to monitor the things he's not telling me (his medical situation) in a timely manner, and to gather mundane evidence. They've actually not posted to each other's FBs, but what I've gotten out of his email that he's forwarded from his phone, picture wise is more than damning enough.

I will admit to 'stalking' at first, which is how I found out his passwords weren't changed and how I know she's got a track record of dumping guys when they're out of the geographical area. I could see where it would drive people crazy, especially if they're targets have enough common sense to keep their FBs, MySs and whatnot 'friends only'. But in the couple of months since all this hit the fan and he went back to his duty station, I have gotten better about what I check and how often. And I've gotten more confident about where I am and where I'm headed personally, so I'm less obsessed with every little hiccup in his behaviour.

JasmineTalula

Unread post by JasmineTalula » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Now your probably wondering what am I on about but can certain spirtual items cause people around you or that live in your fincinity to become more introvrted? Because I notice If I remove certain items like spirtual books etc it feel like something has been lifted and everyone acts more lighter and if there in the house I act more supressed and others do also, Im not too sure what it is, but the more spirtual items or what ever it is I just feel more heavy in my aura I dont no what it is. Id like to be ehlighted on this?
So in easier words the more spiritual items I collect the more heavy the precence around me and others.

Rosette

Unread post by Rosette » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 pm

As my topic says, I am afflicted with OCD & ADHD. Aside from the usual hassles accompanying these maladies I find it EXTREMELY difficult at times to pray/speak with any entity or concentrate on petitions & the like. I start having near uncontrollable thoughts of my workings failing and a voice, almost like it's another persons, but pretending to be me starts saying very negative things about whatever/whoever I am trying to petition to/communicate with. Since these are deep, dark fears of mine I guess my mind is just making them manifest, but it's so very frustrating & depressing. I thought it might be wirth a shot to ask if any of you face the same or similar challenges and if you might have any tips for me? Thank you all for your time.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:03 pm

If you have ADHD and OCD, then you need to seek therapy along with medication. I mean we all have a certain level of this negative talk and some find it hard to concentrate for long periods of time, or concentrate when they are sleepy or sick. But if you truly are afflicted with these thoughts, then I would highly suggest that you seek some therapy. I think what you will learn in therapy will help your overall well being, and your magical work as well.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 pm

I agree with Stars -- we cannot help with neurological and biochemical issues such as OCD and ADHD. Seek therapeuritc help from someone who uses up-to-date and effective methods, and your life will improve in many areas, not just in the area of spell-casting.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Marnie

Unread post by Marnie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 pm

I heard and read very often that you normaly feel warmth in your hands or your body while you perform any kind of magic or rituals.
I never had that.while I do stuff like that my hands or my body gets extremly cold no matter how warm the room is.
Is that normal?Or do I make a mistake?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:48 pm

That happens to me when I am using my own energy, as opposed to drawing from other sources (such as the Divine).

I don't know if that's happening with you or not, but I do know that if you are pulling on your own personal energy stores it will be easier for you to exhaust yourself and diminish your healthy energetic stores leaving you more susceptible to getting imbalanced or ill.

But it could just be that you are wired differently than most other people, too.

However, this topic does not have anything to do with Lucky Mojo products or services, and so I will be locking the thread as it is off-topic on this forum.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Addi123

Unread post by Addi123 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 am

I have similar issues. I do agree that seeing a therapist and/or doctor can be extremely helpful.

All I can suggest additionally is meditation. This is hard at first but it should be very beneficial in many ways.
Incense is something I use in meditation (although some people don't like or cannot use it),

Lucky Mojo sells many brands of Indian stick and cone incense which is widely used in meditation, and the Tranquility line of products is also useful.

prayer10

Unread post by prayer10 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:20 am

I've read through threads to see how it is possible to sabotage your energy in regards to your rootwork by constantly thinking of when everything will manifest.

Does thinking about the target fall into that category as well?

For example: I do a spell to influence their thoughts. During the process & after the rootwork is complete, I am thinking about how target is being affected, the thoughts going through their mind, what they are going to tell me & thinking about the target itself.

Does all of that fall into the category of "not letting it go"?

If those thoughts do cross my mind, as long as I do not acknowledge nor dwell on them, I will not be sabotaging the energy surrounding the work correct?

Thank you.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:34 pm

It depends how often you are doing it. It is impossible to completely NOT think about your target. However if you are frantically, obsessively thinking about how when why and how things are going to happen then it falls into the category of OBSESSING, and OVERTHINKING.

As long as you are confident about your work, and not doubting or obsessing, then you are okay.

stelz

Unread post by stelz » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:15 am

Wasn't sure where to post this, so if this is the wrong place, apologies in advance.

I sometimes feel tired after spellwork...not in a debilitating way, just enough that I end up napping, if possible. Odd, since the process isn't physically taxing, and I'm not sure what this means, if anything? Is it a positive sign, showing that I've "put myself into it" (for lack of better words) or something to try to avoid?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Not physically taxing, you say, but is it mentally tiring when you do your work? Sometimes I am exhausted after a heavy time at it. This will be different with each practitioner.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:46 am

Just my 2c here: but I've found that a solid round of grounding and centering before and after working helps reduce significantly on the tiredness and exhaustion. Regular exercise that keeps one in contact with the ground (yoga and forest hiking are particularly effective for me) also helps secure a rooted connection that reduces ''brain-drain''.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

stelz

Unread post by stelz » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:00 pm

The ones with a lot of little details to keep straight do seem a little more tiring, Joseph, that probably has a lot to do with it.

And Aura, hiking and yoga are good for everything! I can't wait for it to cool off here so I can step it up. :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:07 pm

For me it is when it is very personal and I put a lot of myself into the work. Hours of meditation and prayer over flame can make me feel calm and ecstatic...or tired and drained.
Joseph Magnuson

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 am

It is perfectly natural to be tired after conjuring. It is not a fault, disease, curse, mistake in the spell or having attracted bad spirits who suck you dry. It is different from getting depressed, experience sudden negative changes in the condition of you mind and alike - which requires removing and cleansing.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:52 pm

First of all I would like to ask, in order to practice hoodoo using something simple as a honey jar, do I need to be experienced? Do I need to have some kind of psychic background- maybe I am calling spirits unknown... i would not even know how to contact a spirit.

I have been feeling presences, and also been feeling attacks, especially while I am at sleep when I would work a honey jar. Which is why I stopped.

What can I do to protect my house, family and while I am sleeping from spirits?

Don't get me wrong, with proper education, I would like to work with spirits, but I am barely a newbie. I am just unsure of what is going on, is it something I did?

I just worked a honey jar, not even for the whole 7 days!

It's crazy!

I know, I have asked so many question, but I do ask to get insights of other that have had the same issues. Please bare with me. :?

Thanks!
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:56 pm

A honey jar is a sweetening spell. It will not attract evil spirits. If you feel under spiritual attack, there is something else going on.

Since you are new to conjure, i would like you to read the long page on "real magic" which is here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

It answers the following common questions from newbies:

HOW DO REAL MAGICK SPELLS ACTUALLY WORK?
DO MAGICK SPELLS ALWAYS WORK?
ARE MAGICK SPELLS GUARANTEED TO WORK?
IS MAGICK WORTH TRYING IF IT IS NOT GUARANTEED?
IS MAGICK REAL OR ARE THE RESULTS JUST COINCIDENCE?
IF MAGICK SPELLS ARE REAL, WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE USE THEM?
I'M A NEWBIE: HOW DIFFICULT ARE MAGIC SPELLS TO DO?
WHICH MAGICK SPELLS ARE THE STRONGEST OR MOST EFFECTIVE?
IF I CAST TOO MANY SPELLS WILL I GET "SPELL OVERLOAD"?
IF I CAST SPELLS INCORRECTLY WILL THEY "BACKFIRE" ON ME?
HOW LONG SHALL I WAIT FOR MAGICK SPELLS TO WORK?
DO YOU HAVE TO BE A CERTAIN RELIGION TO PRACTICE REAL MAGICK?
WHY ARE HOODOO SPELLS DONE WITH PSALMS OR IN JESUS' NAME?
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT REAL MAGICK?

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks Ms. Cat!

I will go ahead and read that.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 am

Hi Rookie,

in addition to Miss Cat's excellent advice, do consider getting a reading if you are feeling ''under attack''. It will be able to ascertain what's going on in the mundane and not so mundane worlds that may be bothering you.

If the attacks are at night, sleep with a glass of water beside the bed or beneath the bed, which you do NOT drink and you change every day. A square of camphor in each corner of your room may also help.

That said it is also worth getting a full medical check-up, particularly if the feeling persists, in addition to any magickal work you undertake. Taking care of all aspects of your mind, body and soul is extremely important in both life and conjure.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 am

Thank you, I will check on that!

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Once you have a negative thought, is all lost? I get so sad sometimes when I think about how hard it will be to turn my situations round because it's basically changing someone's mind about me when it's already made up. Without magic there would be no way.... Once in a while a negative thought pops into my head. Is it okay to shake it off and keep moving forward?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:59 pm

You do not state what kinds of "spiritual books" are causing this "introverted" and "suppressed" and "heavy" feeling in your aura. The Bible? The Tanakh? The Quran? The Book of the Law? The Satanic Bible? The Ramayana? The Zend Avesta? The Spiritualist Manual? Secrets of the Psalms? The Book of Common Prayer? The Tao de Ching? The Dhammapada? The Book of Mormon? Oaspe? The Aquarian Gospel?

We can neither analyze your unnamed "spiritual books" nor comment with certainty on the personal fear and anxiety that you may associate with them, but we can and will help you select, purchase, and effectively use Lucky Mojo products.
catherine yronwode

Ommeraigne
Newly Registered

Unread post by Ommeraigne » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

I am new to Wicca and spellwork, and I have had some success with spells. Sometimes I freak when things happen that I did or did not expect. In the process of releasing the spirits I called at the end of my ritual, it just went black, and I felt a heavy threatening presence. I am still trying to figure out whether it was a negative, opportunist energy that invaded my space, or if it was one of the spirits trying to manifest itself. Can anyone help?
Ommeraigne
Last edited by Mama Micki on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 am

While we welcome people of any spiritual backround or religion here, this is a hoodoo forum, not a Wiccan one.

I suggest you cleanse your space with Archangel Michael and/or Uncrossing incense and vigil candle(s), or a white candle dressed with the oils. Pray Psalm 91.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Love Unlimited

Unread post by Love Unlimited » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am

For the last 2 months i've been waking up with this nervous & uneasy feeling all over my body. As if someone is doing something to me to make me bail out of my relationship . What can i do to remove this feeling and revert what's being done to me BACK to them?

Queen-e
HRCC Student

Unread post by Queen-e » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:47 pm

How does one dress an Archangel Michael candle?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Queen-e --

Please do not change the topic of a thread. This thread is about "Over-Thinking, OCD, Negative Thoughts While Rootworking" -- but if you go to this OTHER thread, on the Archangel Michael, you will get some good advice, i am sure.

Archangel Michael Spiritual Supplies Questions and Answers
archangel-michael-spiritual-supplies-qu ... t1071.html
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:29 pm

I would get a reading to see what is causing this -- it may be something connected to your love life or it may be a restless spirit or it may be a medical or mental condition.
catherine yronwode

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm

marking this great thread to read later (is this okay to do? If it's bad let me know, thanks.)
;)
"there are no stupid questions" - challenge accepted!

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

I had some lights set for me. Since then I have been crying, irritable, and running wild with emotions. I'm feeling stronger but Im not sure what's happening. I'm having nightmares also. Has this happened to anyone or can this be a sign? If someone has any input please respond to this post. Thanks so much

Roxstar2013

Unread post by Roxstar2013 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Not only am I new to the forum board, I'm new to the world of hoodoo and conjure and it's been a very fascinating ride!

My question is reconciliation work. Anyway, I've noticed that even just doing candle rituals (at home) can leave me exhausted. From reading the posts on this site, that's not an unusual side effect (I'm not dabbling in any of the dark stuff).

What I'm wondering if I'm feeling this drained does this mean my target is feeling the work?

Does he also feel drained?

Is it because in reconciliation work the target can resist the work and that is why I feel drained?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi Roxstar2013 and welcome to the Forum :)

Fatigue can be a side effect for some from any type of work, not good specifically, not bad specifically, just work in general. It takes focus, concentration and energy to do the work so it can leave you tired the same way exercising or learning or doing a job can sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean that your target is feeling the work more or less either. If this is due to resistance, there should also be other signs in the work indicating resistance such as problematic candle burns or omens denoting his fighting back in some way. Chances are, the ''drain'' is more likely relative to your own input in the work.

Although the ways of dealing with this are different for all, personally I've found that when I work with prayer and ask for Divine Help in my work, when I ask my family to help me, and when I ''set it and let it'' - the work doesn't tire me as much as well as being much more effective. No doubt other more experienced workers can also give you some great input on the subject.

Blessings and success in your works.
Aura Laforest

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Luckystr25 --

Having negative thoughts or nightmares as a result of undertaking rootwork is not common.

It may, however, happen if one is undertaking insistent, coercive, or cursing work against someone who has protective and reversing spells in place -- in other words, all the insistent, coercive, or cursing emotions that you wished on them may come flying back at you.

However, if your prayers were for blessings, peace, abundance, and happiness, then it would be extremely unlikely that you would be given nightmares as a result of those prayers -- unless in the form of a warning, say, for instance if you sought the love of someone who was really a bad person and the nightmares were a message from Spirit to tell you to drop the case.

A reading with a good psychic -- even a ten minute reading or a free consultation on our radio show -- should help set you clear on this matter.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Roxstar2013

Unread post by Roxstar2013 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks Aura! That's very useful info. I have been working with prayer but perhaps I need to begin my work with an ask to the Divine for protection and guidance over me.
I do feel a certain peace when doing the work but the day after it feels a little like a hangover! :D The candles are burning clear (yea!), but whoa are my dreams vivid. Yes, the dreams are sexual in nature that include my target and boy howdy do the dreams seem real. My last dream was so intense I was convinced there was no way he too wasn't feeling this :oops:

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks cat for your help. Im not hurting anyone but in the dream I did feel that a lot of issues in my walking life had been addressed. Someone very close to me died though. In the reading can my dream be interpreted. I will definitely be taking your Advice. Can it be done by email and how can I book one?

Wandering_Jew

Unread post by Wandering_Jew » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

I've been doing money drawing work for months (mostly from the 'free money spells' archive and a couple from a book LM sells, the 'Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells'), with zero effect. Literally.

In the same period of time (about 6 months), a lot of work I planned to do became unnecessary because, in the time I was learning exactly what to do and getting supplies, the desired result had already happened.

First, I was feeling very stuck and was planning to do a Road Opener spell. I was preparing to do the work, had run the spell through in my head a couple of times, had some small offerings sitting around to be used... and out of the blue, got a chance to go on a really amazing overseas trip on short notice, which got me completely 'un-stuck'.

Second, I'd been thinking of doing some Love Drawing work, but after reading a hundred odd spells I decided I needed to concentrate on other things (mostly money-drawing work ;) ) and put my time and energy into that instead. Except one night, I was exceptionally lonely and, er, frustrated, and tried a little experimental kitchen-witchery... which I then promptly almost-forgot, because, well, embarrassing. A few days later, I met someone who is such a perfect match for me, it's completely uncanny. (We're still together and very happy. :D )

Third, I had the whole Fiery Wall of Protection spell kit in my shopping cart on the Lucky Mojo site, because I'd been feeling a little 'messed with' for a while -- not under attack, but like outside interference was causing outcomes in a whole range of situations that weren't always great for me. Before I could place the order, I figured out the issue (something a friend and fellow worker had done, trying to help me, but it hadn't gone quite as planned) and the problem seems to be mostly resolved now.

Fourth, I've also noticed that in my regular protective work, if I just casually dress some tea lights with protective herbs (basil, rosemary & rue is my favorite recipe now -- thanks!) and let them burn, I have no problems... whereas if I go to a lot of trouble and really try to 'work' things, they don't work nearly as well.

So... can any more experienced workers tell me, does this sound like a problem with trying too hard? Or is it more likely that something else is causing all my money-drawing work to fail? (I have some ideas about what it might be, although I guess it would be more appropriate to post in the area about money-drawing work?)

Or am I simply asking too much, asking for money in this economy?

I'd really appreciate any insights into what the issue might be!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm

MsSyd,

There's another option you did not place on your list: Some folks are just no good at certain kinds of work, whether that be money work, love work, or whatever.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:32 pm

I agree with the above statement. There are some things that I cannot work at all. There are others I am more successful with. I stick with working those... and have others do the work that I am less successful with for me.
Joseph Magnuson

Wandering_Jew

Unread post by Wandering_Jew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 am

Thank you both for responding, and I completely see your point; maybe money-drawing just isn't my thing.

I'm not ready to give up quite yet -- once I 'let it go' and wasn't trying any more, I got a strong sense that there's some interference going on (to do with the ex-husband who preferred me to be financially dependent on him) and that I need to do a Cut and Clear or something similar to shift that energy before I try any more money drawing work -- but it will be in the back of my mind now that if money-drawing work just isn't my strength, that's OK and even experienced practitioners sometimes get help with the things that aren't their forte.

yellowstars

Unread post by yellowstars » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

For some reason I feel like if I ignore or don't focus on my work 24-7 that I'll just dissipate and lose it's effect. I know everyone on here says to cast your spell then move on to something else and don't obsess but I have such a hard time doing that! It's like if I'm not constantly thinking about it I'm afraid it'll stop working. Any advice or testimonials on this to help me let my spells do their thing? I don't want to hinder myself by obsessing!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 pm

This kind of thinking is rooted firmly in self-doubt, and it can butcher your spellwork. You need to get yourself right, if you ever expect to see results from the work you do. I'd look at Crucible of Courage products, and maybe some High John the Conquerer, to help you realize your power, and maybe some Tranquility, or Cast Off Evil, could help settle your worries.

Another question that comes to mind: do you have these sorts of constant worries about other things in your life? If so, you might want to look into some medical help, in case there's an undiagnosed condition at work.
Two-Headed Doctor

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”