Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Payment Methods, Billing Statements Questions and Answers

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
basilthyme

Payment Methods, Billing Statements Questions and Answers

Unread post by basilthyme » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 am

Hello,

Can i possibly pay through paypal?

Regards,

Basilthyme

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Payment of LM Orders Via Paypal?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:10 pm

You do know that you can just order online, right?
Lucky Mojo has a shopping cart system and check out, it is super easy.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:47 pm

LMCCo does not accept Paypal.

1) The rates are much higher than our credit card service charges and we see no reason to pay for a service we do not really need. Folks ordering from overseas can either get a credit card (they are accepted world-wide, of course) or they can pay with cash or a wire transfer. To arrange a wire transfer is complex and we will only do it if the amount if in excess of $250.00.

2) Several years ago Paypal stopped allowing us to use their service because we sell TOBACCO and they found out. They reserve the right to refuse to handle the accounts of anyone selling Tobacco, although they are highly inconsistent and arbitrary in their application of this rule. They told us that even if we stopped carrying Tobacco, they would not reinstate our service, but that we could change the name of our company and "try again." We walked away and have not regretted it. We still carry Black Candle Tobacco and use it in certain hoodoo oils, mojo bags, etc.

See ordering information here:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html

Cordially,
catherine yronwode

basilthyme

Unread post by basilthyme » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

Dear Bri and cat,

Thank you so much.

Regards

Basilthyme

Rukia Fae

Unread post by Rukia Fae » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm

basilthyme wrote:Hello,

Can i possibly pay through paypal?

Regards,

Basilthyme

If you have a business account with paypal, you can get the paypal debit card- which takes the money for transactions from your paypal account balance. You also get a small percentage back when you use the card without a PIN number. Its not big, but its something. I use my card for everything from utility bills, to groceries. I actually do not use it for LM/magick supplies, as I have a separate account for that (keeps my spending in control! lol)

You do not have to be a 'real' business to have a business account, but you do pay a higher fee (as cat mentioned) on payments you receive.

XBlodeuweddX

Acceptable Payment Methods Questions and Answers

Unread post by XBlodeuweddX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:10 am

Do disposable debit cards work? Like the Visa cards you refill? I'd like to place an order but only have paypal and you guys don't take it.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Disposable/reusable debit cards for purchasing?

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:46 am

VISA gift cards should work at any location that accepts VISA, which LM does.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

XBlodeuweddX

Re: Disposable/reusable debit cards for purchasing?

Unread post by XBlodeuweddX » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:48 am

Thank you very much!

zSar777

PayPal payment

Unread post by zSar777 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 am

Will LM accept PayPal payment? I wanted to pay by PayPal and don't see any options and wondering if LM will accept PayPal as payment for my orders. Thx...

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: PayPal payment

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:07 am

No they don't.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

janeymack

Unread post by janeymack » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:57 am

Its a bit of a shame tho, since millions of people across the world use paypal all the time and people do love the convenience of it. I am not an employee of theirs btw :D

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:06 am

PayPal has been getting REALLY harsh lately - holding payments for like 30 days and such with some vendors that are newer. Plus back when it was newer I think I remember Cat saying they tried it and it was a big disaster. So I seriously doubt LM will be allowing PayPal payments anytime soon. You'll just have to suck it up and put it straight on your credit card. It LM - it's worth it!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

bellaisa

Unread post by bellaisa » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:33 pm

OHHH YES, I also would like to order from Germany!
PLEASE offer PayPal....if you are able to!!!!! :)

Tabbylove17

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:27 pm

They use to a long time ago I believe the notice is still someplace on the forum telling people why they don't have it anymore. If you have time give it a look over.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

scotty10

How to buy lucky mojo products!

Unread post by scotty10 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Do you take pay pal payments?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: How to buy lucky mojo products!

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm

We accept Visa, American Express, Mastercard, US Postal Service Money Orders, Bank Cashier's Checks, Personal Checks, Store Money Orders, and U.S. Cash Money.

Personal checks are held 3 weeks to make sure they clear. Others are treated as cash.

No Paypal. No Western Union. No Discover.

U.S. Funds Only.

Thanks!
catherine yronwode

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 pm

A suggestion to people... go to a nearby discount store and buy a prepaid Visa. If you don't have a credit card or can't get one for whatever reason, problem solved. If you're worried about your credit card info being stolen (not by LM, of course, but by hackers - I'm sure LM takes every precaution they can, but if banks can get hacked into for credit card info, I'm sure LM can too), problem solved. You will have to pay a fee for the card, but if it's your only option, it's worth it.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Nblackqueen

Unread post by Nblackqueen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:44 pm

I came to read this post hoping I will find something suitable for me but alas..I am stuck then.All payments options don' t fit me. Can you not try IDEAL also? I am in Netherlands

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 pm

You can send US Cash Money from the Netherlands. We often receive payments in this form, without problems.

To reiterate:

We accept Visa, American Express, Mastercard, US Postal Service Money Orders, Bank Cashier's Checks, Personal Checks, Store Money Orders, and U.S. Cash Money.

Personal checks are held 3 weeks to make sure they clear. Others are treated as cash.

No Paypal. No Western Union. No Discover.

U.S. Funds Only.

Thanks!
catherine yronwode

snowwhite
Forum Member

payments via paypal

Unread post by snowwhite » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:57 am

is paypal accepted for payment for LM orders :?:

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: payments via paypal

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 am

No, i am sorry, but Paypal does not allow us to use their services because Lucky Mojo sells ritual tobacco and they ban businesses that sell tobacco in any form.
catherine yronwode

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:27 am

No.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 pm

snowwhite, you can call the shop and place an order if you are concerned about secured transaction over the internet.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm

snowwhite, we accept US cash, money orders, and credit cards. You are in or near Pretoria, South Africa -- which happens to be the one African nation that we do ship to.
catherine yronwode

beautiful
Forum Member

Unread post by beautiful » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 am

If you have a PayPal account, you can get a free PayPal debit card. It takes about 2 weeks to receive in the mail. Then you can just use your PayPal Mastercard to purchase stuff here and the funds gets taken out from your PayPal. Easy.
[color=#8040FF][i]you are beautiful no matter what they say...[/i][/color]

route95
Forum Member

Unread post by route95 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I believe this debit card is only for people with verified and business accounts. I have tried to get a Paypal debit to have a card in my name (seems increasingly needed where I live in this day and age, but I cant due to unemployment and bad credit), but it has been very difficult.

trish76
Forum Member

Unread post by trish76 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Route95,

You don't have to have a business account to get the PayPal debit card...I think that was how it was initially offered when it first came out, but it has since been offered to everyone with a PayPal account. It isn't credit based either...you must be thinking of the Paypal credit card (they offer both), and this is not the same as the debit card. It uses the funds from your PayPal account so it isn't credit based, and additionally if you have back up funding on your account, it will use that also to cover your purchases. If the money isn't there, the purchase will be declined. You can also buy those GreenDot Money Pak cards...and add the funds directly to your Paypal account, for instant posting. It is a MasterCard debit card, so provided funding is available in your account, and pending any debit/credit card verification by Lucky Mojo, it should work fine. I have the card myself and I use it at gas stations and chain stores, and I didn't have to verify my business at all. I had planned to use my Paypal account to start a readings service but wasn't ready to charge. We can't post outside links here I don't think, but you can simply google "paypal debit card".
"Don't allow your wounds to transform you into someone you are not". ~ Paulo Coelho ~ ♥

eben74
Forum Member

Re: Acceptable Payment Methods Questions and Answers

Unread post by eben74 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 pm

I wont ask about paypal :) What I will request is if it would be possible to keep the card on file for future use in my LM online account. This way, it is just there when I want to order. I dont have to pull out my wallet if I want to order. Yep, its lazy, but kinda valid... In my mind. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 pm

eben74 -- Keeping the card on file has become against the law in many places due to credit card fraud. If you register an account with our secure shopping system, it will keep the card information on fine at the secure site and you just have to okay it. Give it a try and if you have any problems, post ehre, okay? Thanks!
catherine yronwode

eben74
Forum Member

Unread post by eben74 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Sounds good. Thank you.

bfly30
Forum Member

Unread post by bfly30 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm

I just realize you don't accept paypal :( I have something call smart connect which I got through paypal, just like a credit card I have available credit but there's no I CVV2 number have to be directed to paypal to choose payment method then proceed with checkout...This sucks :(

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Sorry. It's not that we won't accept Paypal -- it's that Paypal deleted the Lucky Mojo account YEARS AGO because we sell ritual sacred tobacco. They forbid merchants who sell tobacco. Talk to Paypal about it, not to us. You can always buy a gift card and use it as a debit card. Your options are more open than you think!
catherine yronwode

bfly30
Forum Member

Unread post by bfly30 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Makes no sense that they deleted LM account since that's not all you sell while other companies do but it makes no sense talking to them won't make a difference I'll order another way it was just the only place I cash at the moment :) & I had to leave my stuff in my cart i'll find another way thanks

lulakalani
Forum Member

billing statement privacy?

Unread post by lulakalani » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Hi--quick question regarding privacy---I share a credit card with my SO. How is LM referred to on billing statement? Thanks!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: billing statement privacy?

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:08 am

On our bank statements it is most commonly listed as Lucky Mojo Curio Co. It may be different for each institution.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Turnsteel

Re: billing statement privacy?

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:04 am

lulakalani wrote:Hi--quick question regarding privacy---I share a credit card with my SO. How is LM referred to on billing statement? Thanks!
If you are worried about the charge to your card you can buy a disposable credit card use it up and toss it, no statement for your SO to read that way :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Payment Methods, Billing Statements Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

If not having our company name on a credit card or debit card billing statement is important to you, you can, in addition to purchasing a gift card, also pay with cash or a money order.

catherine yronwode

Ekaterina

Unread post by Ekaterina » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi, I realize this isn't customer service, but I can't seem to get help with my problem by calling the store or by e-mail. Who can I contact to get a refund for a reading I paid for on the old system but did not receive? The store people keep telling me to schedule a new reading, but the problem is, you guys already have my 60 bucks. I can't schedule a new reading without paying for it again. I don't want to pay twice for only one reading. I can't seem to get the person at the store to understand that. Is there an e-mail or number I can call to get someone to help me with my problem? I e-mailed the address given for readings but have not received any acknowledgement or response.

Again I know the forum is not considered the place for this but I was not able to get assistance any other way. I figure you would rather find out about the problem than have this issue go unresolved.

Ekaterina

Unread post by Ekaterina » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:43 am

So, no reply to e-mail, phone calls, or forum post.

For the record I am very unhappy that you are keeping my money and I am surprised that a spirtituality based business would be willing to take money from someone this manner. Karma. You can delete my forum account.

wanting2develop
Forum Member

Unread post by wanting2develop » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:01 pm

I want to pay for oils online through the card system. however, I also know that the more you order, the more the product might be delayed .

Someone said that by money order, you could send something over with a note stating that you want the products to be shipped in as they are finished rather than waiting for all to be completed. is there a way to do that with a debit card payment?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm

wanting2develop- First I must ask you to not double post the same question in a different part of the forum when you have already asked it here. I went ahead and deleted the other post.

With that said. The amount of time it takes to receive your order can vary. Now I do not work for Lucky Mojo, but I do know that they work hard to get orders filled. Some factors that can vary the time to receive an order can rely on how many orders were placed before yours, and if the item(s) is in-stock. If the item(s) is not in-stock then the wait is for when they cycle through the products that need to be made. Be it if you pay by credit card or mail a money order, the process as far as I know is the same.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

wanting2develop
Forum Member

Unread post by wanting2develop » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Oh I'm so sorry Papa Newt. I didn't mean to. I said on the other post that I thought it didn't go through because everytime I tried to check to see if anyone replied, it kept saying that no page exists that matches my request URI. So I assumed it went wrong. Won't happen again.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Not a problem at all!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Addi123
Forum Member

Changing bank card to pay for order

Unread post by Addi123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:46 am

I recently received an email saying that my bank has declined payment for a recent order (ready for shipping) and that its in storage until I can update information.
I have a different card to use, how do I update for the order?

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student
Re: Changing bank card to pay for order

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 am

Addi123

Call the store at (707) 887- 1521 make sure you have your order #. They will be happy to assist you!
TawanaNicole

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:33 pm

What Satinice1 said -- or, if you prefer, reply to the email from the shop with your new credit card number in the email.
catherine yronwode

Addi123
Forum Member

Unread post by Addi123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Thankyou, I will send the details now

ColdCoffee
Forum Member

What does the credit card invoice say?

Unread post by ColdCoffee » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi, I'm curious what the credit card invoice says for Lucky Mojo?

What does the credit card say for the petition candles? Does the petition show up? Does it say anything about what was purchased?

WhiteEagle
Forum Member
Re: What does the credit card invoice say?

Unread post by WhiteEagle » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:55 pm

I recently ordered my credit statement just lists -Lucky Mojo Curio Company- & the amount. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: What does the credit card invoice say?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Candles puchased at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church are billed through PAYPAL, not a credit card. Therefore it will say Missionary Independent Spiritual Churh at Paypal. The petition is not included.
catherine yronwode

LoneArcher
HRCC Student

Questions about ordering and disposal

Unread post by LoneArcher » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:03 pm

Hello All

1.Does Lucky Mojo accept bank issued debit cards, Are the oils alone good or do i need to buy the sachet powder ?
2. I live in an apartment so I can't bury anything how would I dispose of the material and finally does lucky mojo charge the card the date that the order is placed?

Thanks
Lone
HRCC Student #1227

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Questions about ordering and disposal

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 pm

lone,

They take bank cards as well ad credit cards. Oils are great the powders are great. Great for what or good enough for what depends on what you are doing and the conditions you are using them for. Get a house plant and bury them their, bury them in the court yard of the appartment, bury them closest to the appartment. I am not sure when they charge call the shop and ask.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

LoneArcher
HRCC Student

Re: Questions about ordering and disposal

Unread post by LoneArcher » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks j82 its a candle spell I want to start with my parents used to go and pay workers to do spells,I want to learn how to work for myself I have items in my cart waiting for purchase.
HRCC Student #1227

snowwhite
Forum Member

Unread post by snowwhite » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:57 pm

HI
I hope I can post this here!
I have recently purchased some items using my husband 's credit card which is linked to a joint account.
But the shop(leslie) says they need to speak to my husband or they need to ship using his name and shipping details, due to fraud and also because I was not known to them. I chose the later, I have since provided the shipping address but I have not received any update/feedback regarding my order.

I have previously used the same credit card (now renewed) to purchase from LM without any verification.

I still wish that LM will one day accept paypal. They call me personally just to verify transactions and they know I have a joint account with my husband. It is easier with them.

Pls can I get some advice on this issues
Thanks
Snowwhite

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello, Snowwhite,

Unfortunately, there's nothing that the Moderators can do about this. We are not in California and do not work in the shop.

PLEASE Call the store at (707) 887- 1521 or e-mail them at: order@luckymojo.com

Sorry that we cannot be of further help with your issues here on the forum

Take care

snowwhite
Forum Member

Unread post by snowwhite » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:48 am

Who is the manager of the shop?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:43 am

I can help a little -- i am the owner of the shop.

The office, where orders are taken and problems like yours are handled, is under the direction of Leslie. The person most responsible for order entry and customer service staff is Nikki, assisted on the weekends by Coral, who works part time in the office and part time in the lab.

You asked about the shop manager, and this is Heidi, but she does not handle accounts; she handles raw materials supplies, shop appearance for walk-in customers, does oversight on the lab, makes sure that all inventory items have SKU numbers and are regularly re-ordered, and so forth. She also makes mojo hands, jack balls, and doll babies, especially the custom items with personal concerns in them, and she will jump in and make oils and other products when we have a crunch of orders.

The lab manager is Yosé and she also manages the book department and oversees product making, along with Coral, who doubles in the lab and is "the keeper of the grid," our workflow chart. Other lab workers, the people who make the Lucky Mojo products, are Dave, Angela, Brian, Margee, Evan, Michael, Jenne, and me. Dave also runs our garden train layout on Saturdays and Sundays for the enjoyment of customers. As is the nature of a shop like ours, at any given time, about half of the lab folks are short-term workers, part time weekend workers, or students of mine who are working for the summer or as a form of training, and will be leaving us eventually.

Yosé and Dave both double in shipping on the weekend or as needed, but the actual shipping department manager is Eileen. She has worked in the lab in the past, too, so she can also handle office management and lab management tasks if someone from those areas is out sick or has vacation time. Elvyra, better known as a reader at MISC and AIRR, works one day a week at LMCCo, keeping our Amazon accounts, which means that she is responsible for pulling the books we publish that are ordered for shipment to Amazon and turning them over to Eileen for packing.

Nagasiva, my husband and the shop's co-owner, manages our web site, facilitates logistics and workflow, oversees the database, oversees utility services such as telephones and internet connectivity, assists Leslie with accountacy, is the chief engineer of the LMC Radio Network, and is in charge of maintenance of all things electrical and electronic. (We have a motto for folks who have to report a problem: "If it's about things, see cat; if it's about electrons, see nagasiva.") Ernie assists nagasiva in handling structural design updates to the LMCCo websites and database. He is also in charge of our Facebook Fridays free giveaway program and he works part time at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church as a candle reader. LeslieAnne, who until a couple of days ago worked in the LMCCo accounts office and doubled in the lab, recently decided to move over to MISC, entering orders and handling customer service for candle lighting, but since the two buildings are only yards apart, she has come in when customers are numerous in the shop to help Coral enter walk-in orders.

So that's where we are right now in terms of shop staff.
catherine yronwode

snowwhite
Forum Member

Unread post by snowwhite » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 pm

HI Ms Cat,
Thanks for this information and its good to hear from you again!

I have contacted the shop and leslie tried to help and she told me that she encountered problem trying to 'run' the card. My last resort is to consult my bank about the billing details and see if they can help

I have always used this card to purchsse from your shop . the only time Ms Angela ie your former manager encountered problem with the card was when I renewed the card and she was going to refund me due to non receipt of the order because it was returned back to LM Shop and so she had to offer me store credits otherwise I have previously made at least 2 purchases with this card without any problem.

I am hoping this issue will be resolved on time so I can buy some books. sometimes I search ebay, esty, bonanza for your items, its hard to find.

Thanks again for your response! I will keep contacting leslie until we resolve the issue

Regrds
Snow

snowwhite
Forum Member

Unread post by snowwhite » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 am

Hello

They are so busy and i am kept on the phone for too long and they not replying emails.

My bank is warning against revealing too much information to your shop assistants especially since the credit card transaction went through.

It is not clear to me what the problem is.
Initially it was that they will not accept and charge a card that does not belong to me.
and then it was the biling address discrepancy. On sunday i was told that they couldnt process my order through your system.

I dont understand because the order was completed without any problem.

Ms Cat pls i think you should step in and help here. I am not sure i understand what is going on anymore.

Snow

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”