• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Re: ink smudges on parchment requests

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi, libbinbelle --

1) Sharpie markers are really runny, as are water-based markers. That's just their nature. Back in the day the old ladies told me to write out petitions with pencils -- no smudging, no running.

2) I don't know. I stopped using "runny" or "bleeding" pens and markers a long, long time ago.

3) Burning them sounds perfect!

Hope that helps!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby libbinbelle » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Everyone,

So that's it - I'd much rather have the paper from LM, I'm also glad I haven't burnt any for a while.
You are all such a great help.
Thank you very much,

LibbinBelle
libbinbelle

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Glad to be of help. Good luck to you in your work.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:28 am

libbinbelle,

Thank you for being so gracious and not taking offense to my post! Sometimes it's had to try and help someone without being able to use inflection! Good luck to you.
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Names and Petitions: Writing Tools and Techniques

Unread postby Cheshanna » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find anything about it.

As its almost impossible to find brown paper bags here is it ok to use parchment paper or tea stained ordinary white paper?
Thanks.
Cheshanna

Unread postby Emjae » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 am

Parchment paper is fine. Not sure about the tea stained white paper because I would think it would be possible for the herbs in the tea to interfere or not mesh with the herbs you are using in your conjure.
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!
Emjae

Name Paper or Parchment paper

Unread postby ElectroKid » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

Hello

I Am Doing a Love Candle and I can not decide what to use name paper or parchment paper ? Also Dont know what oils to use there are so many
i just want her to fall in love with me be interested in me and stay with me also should I light a female candle and place me and her picture underneath it

Thanks
ElectroKid

Re: Name Paper or Parchment paper

Unread postby MaryBee » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Hi ElectroKid:

You can make a name paper *out* of "parchment paper". Or you can use whatever type of paper you have available. Traditionally, Hoodoo workers wrote out petitions on pieces of paper that matched the skin color of the person they were working on: white paper for a white person, brown grocery bag for an African American person or Hispanic person, etc.

If you want this particular lady to fall in love with you and notice you, and stay with you: have you considered a spell kit? It has all the materials needed for a working: bath crystals, oils, candles, incense, and so on.
To draw love from a person you would want Come To Me or Attractionproducts. Those kits have mojo bags that you dress as part of the work and then carry on your person; those are great especially when you're around your beloved :)
You could also use a Lodestone kit to "draw" her to you.

Those are some ways to start, good luck! And keep asking questions and let us know how it goes!

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ElectroKid » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:53 am

Thank You Mary :) x
ElectroKid

Unread postby MsHooDooPrincess » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Could I use tooth picks or safety pins,something I can throw away and use a brand new one on each candle...when carving names into candles?

With petitions, could I just write them with any pen or pencil onto a sheet of paper?

Thanks
MsHooDooPrincess

Re: Circular Petition vs Wrote out normally

Unread postby Algiers_D » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:50 am

Putting together my first honey jar - I was honestly surprised (humbled) by how challenging I found it to get a petition paper that seemed to work. How perfectionist do folks get? My sense was that, when I got the circle to loop together smoothly, it worked. I went through most of a paper bag (a pile of imperfect papers), but eventually got one I liked.

But I was surprised how challenging I found constructing the names - keeping the right kind of attention. I'm curious how others do with this - is this a standard lesson for beginners?
Algiers_D

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:27 am

Algiers_D wrote:Putting together my first honey jar - I was honestly surprised (humbled) by how challenging I found it to get a petition paper that seemed to work. How perfectionist do folks get?

My impression is that perfectionists tend to be attracted to spiritual work :mrgreen:

My sense was that, when I got the circle to loop together smoothly, it worked. I went through most of a paper bag (a pile of imperfect papers), but eventually got one I liked.

I favor a square rather than a circle, myself, but I do like the last word to sync smoothly into the first.

But I was surprised how challenging I found constructing the names - keeping the right kind of attention. I'm curious how others do with this - is this a standard lesson for beginners?

Mostly, I follow one of the simpler methods Miss Cat describes above -- the target's name covered with a command, then crossed with the client's name. It flows easier, sometimes rushing out of the heart or the depths of the spirit.

But sometimes a square of words around the edge feels more appropriate.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
For a reasonably priced, honest psychic reading RIGHT NOW, call HOODOO PSYCHICS at
1-888-4-HOODOO

http://forum.luckymojo.com/hoodoopsychics-com-instant-readings-from-members-of-airr-t16224.html
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Re: Name Papers for Unknown People

Unread postby maduro01 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Literarylioness wrote:I would word it "I banish whoever, or whatever comes between me and (name of target)." That covers anyone who gets in the way.

Mary

Just seeing this, and loving that petition as I am about to burn a black skull candle so that no one stands in the way of me and my target.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

How to write a proper petition to attract new love

Unread postby cccoralee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 am

I have bought the oils and candls for attracting a new lover but I'm STUMPED on how to write a petition for it. :shock:

I know that if you are working on a specific person you do the whole thing where you write his name and then your name.

But how do I write a petition to attract new love, from unknown person? I also want to encorporate physical and non physical characteristics that I look for in a mate, they are deal-breakers.
I'm not trying to be picky but certain things like my parent's approving IS important to me and him being a decent person IS important. So yes, I really do want to list things that I am looking for in a guy.
How do I do this in a petition? Do I write down ALL I'm looking for then cross the list entirely with my name by writing my name over the list turned 90degrees repeatidly writing my name until the list is covered?
I have no clue what to do..... :roll:

Now this may seem very very very vain :oops: but I did see a photo of a guy (he's not a model just a guy that runs a blog that I like) and I nearly lost my breath because I was just describing (the looks) of my dream guy to a friend and I clicked on his blog and BAMM there was this photo of this guy that looked EXACTLY like I was describing....it was so odd. Can I print out his picture and use it in the petition or will the work think I am trying attract him (which I'm not) even though I just want someone that looks kind like that. I don't want to attract someone just like him but...you know...he just looks so much like the dream guy I picture in my head.

I know there is no such thing as a "dream guy" but.......I am still looking for someone that comes close, atleast 85%-95% my ideal dream guy :?

Also, is it bad to put more than one petition under the same candle......Or to combine to different situations onto the same petition paper?

Thanks so much!
cccoralee

Re: How to write a proper petition to attract new love

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:04 am

cccoralee, your question is answered here (petition-paper-for-new-love-t10034.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Petition Paper For New Love

Unread postby Wild Child » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Would you recommend the list of qualities for your new love and your name be written in red ink, or does the colour matter not in this particular situation? :shock:
Wild Child

Unread postby MaryBee » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi Wild Child:
Red ink is a color associated with love and passion, so you can write your love petition out that way. But back when Hoodoo started, people didn't have ink pens, or they made their own ink from soot (which would be black) or the down-home people couldn't make their own magical inks because of the expense, so they used a pencil :)

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Here is a little background reading on inks in magical writing (http://www.luckymojo.com/inks.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Which way to include a petition on a break-up candle spell

Unread postby lovingblueeyes » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi everyone,
Im fairly new to the site and I am trying to get as much information as I can in order to cast a successful LM Break up spell by using black figural candles. I've been searching the site, and have learned soooo much! Thank you! What I don't get or should I say can't really find or confirm in the site is the following:

After dressing my figural candles, do I pin my my petition on each figure?
If so, are they pinned in the front or the back of the figure and does it matter where on the body of the candle it's pinned?
Any feedback would be extremely helpful as I need this last bit of detail before I place my order.
I don't have much privacy, so Im really trying to make sure I have all the info I need to make sure I do my work thoroughly and of course with much success.

Thank you!
lovingblueeyes

Re: Which is the correct way of including a petition on a break

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:54 pm

On an image candle, I would place the petition under it or write the petition on the candle.

Here is the website for the Break Up Spiritual Supplies (http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html)
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Which way to include a petition on a break-up candle spell

Unread postby lovingblueeyes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:38 am

Thank you for the clarification ;)

Enjoy your weekend.
lovingblueeyes

Name writing on petition

Unread postby andy598 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:01 am

I have received my peaceful home honey jar. The questions I have are, how do I write the names of all who go in the honey jar? Do I write each name 3 times and do I write the names underneath the other? Then do I write the petetion around all the names or do I write the petition across all the names? Lastly, I should put a picture of each person and a personal item inside the jar? Do I wrap the personal item inside the petion paper? What happens if personal item does not fit? Thanks in advance.
andy598

Re: Name writing on petition

Unread postby Papa Newt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:12 am

Miss Cat has made some great suggestions on the Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers on page 19. You could write out one petition that you fold around a series of small name papers of those you are working on. The main petition paper could be the address of home wrote out three times and turned and covered with "tranquility" or whatever you want to cover the home with. Write in an unbroken circle the specific wish you would like such as "Peace Love". Hope this gives you some ideas and I look forward to what others may suggest. :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Re: Name writing on petition

Unread postby AmaSarah » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:27 am

You can also add this thread to your reading: names-and-petitions-writing-tools-and-techniques-t491s30.html

best of luck
AmaSarah

Is this a talisman ??

Unread postby BLESSING1014 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:43 am

On parchment paper i have writtten my petition added herbs & personal concerns, I then dressed it with appropiate oils folded it towards me & then wraped it up with thread to keep it from opening up & i am carrying it with me. I have a prayer box locket that i was thinking of putting it in so i could wear around my neck daily.

but is this a talisman & if not what exactly is. I have read many threads & it seems to fall under the mojo, jack bll catergory but im not really clear.

Thx!
BLESSING1014

Re: Is this a talisman ??

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 am

Yes it could be considered a talisman.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BLESSING1014 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:09 am

thanks.
how often do annoint them and pray over them?
weekly,daily or when you feel the need?

thanks again!
BLESSING1014

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 am

I'd feed it and pray over it once a week.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re: talisman ??

Unread postby BLESSING1014 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:40 am

BLESSING1014 wrote:On parchment paper i have writtten my petition added herbs & personal concerns, I then dressed it with appropiate oils folded it towards me & then wraped it up with thread to keep it from opening up & i am carrying it with me.

Devi Spring wrote:I'd feed it and pray over it once a week.

Thx Devi, i will do exactly that. just to clarify feeding it means praying & applying oils, correct?

this talisman is specifically for communication between my spouse & I he's not a talker. how long do i continue to carry it and feed before i expect results. does it get stonger over time?

I must admit we had the best conversation we have had in a long time the day after i made it.
i prayed intently & was very focused while making it but i did not do any candle burning. was tht wrong??
and if it was wrong what am i to do now?

ThankS all for your help!
BLESSING1014

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:02 am

Yes feeding a talisman, mojo, etc is once a week with appropriate oils, waters, personal concerns etc etc. You carry it continuously and ask it to work for you in said manner. Traditional timing references 3 days for signs/3 weeks for movement/3 months for completion. Continue to pray for what you want and focus on your desired goal.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Fullmoondiva » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 pm

After you write their name and cross it with your name on the back of the target's picture, can you also include the date of birth under the target's name?
Fullmoondiva

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Yes you can do that fullmoondiva.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Fullmoondiva » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks again Star.
Fullmoondiva

Unread postby Ailey » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:08 am

If you have a simple request, let's say...a teenager who wishes to go out more and stay out later, would it be possible to use a petition? Is it powerful enough, to make simple yet important changes in one's life? I'm kinda doubting, I've tried name papers but haven't seen the results I'm looking for yet,...What's the difference between real change and wishful thinking
Ailey

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:32 am

Well petition papers are very very rarely just used on their own - they are part of a larger work of conjure that will utilize herbs, oils, candles, incense and other things along with prayer and directed focus. Just writing a wish down on a piece of paper without any prayer or ritual is certainly not likely to have any kind of magical effect.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 pm

I think petition and name papers do have a magical effect. As Devi said, it should be incorporated into a ritual or spell. For example, you can dominate someone by simply creating a name paper, and putting it in your shoe. This means you are walking over them, and they will be dominated by you so you get what you want. It is a simple trick, but it can yield results.

I do think that writing something down begins to set things in motion, but adding oils, herbs, candles, etc to it further helps your intention manifest.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ailey » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:56 am

thanks for the help! :)
Ailey

Re: PETITION WRITING

Unread postby Fullmoondiva » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

When writing your name on the petition paper going up and down for the Come To Me Spell Kit, do you also write your target's name going up and down as well? Do you write the names or print it?
Fullmoondiva

Hot Sex Petition Paper for Candle

Unread postby maduro01 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Is it possible to acquire sex by crossing my name on a red pull-out candle with the words HOT SEX?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Re: Hot Sex Petition Paper for Candle

Unread postby aura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:45 am

That or placing that same petition paper under an LM red penis or vulva candle (depending on what gender you're looking for) or Fast Luck vigil light. Dress your candle with your sexual fluids and a suitable oil like Fast Luck, Attraction, Follow Me Boy or Follow Me Girl, or a combination thereof.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

How do I write a Petition

Unread postby lbcamera » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 am

Hi being new to all this I was wondering when I write a Petition for setting alter candles what am I suppose to write?

Do I explain the situation and then state the outcome I am hoping for?

I have so many questions all over these forums so much to learn!

Thank you all so much for your help
LB
Thank You Saint Anthony
lbcamera

Re: How do I write a Petition

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 am

There are many ways to write a petition, from a simple statement to a patterned way of repeating the words or adding sigils or drawings.

For some useful samples of petition papers, see my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic."

But also see this picture as well, at my Southern-Spirits web site archive:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/blancha ... ghway.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Hoodoo style petition (name ) paper

Unread postby jazzie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:
2) True, and the difference seems to rest on what they consider the power dynamic: the dominating force goes on top.

Good luck.

cat, would you please elaborate on this?
as a non-native english speaker, i got lost with 'dominating force'
this is the first time i read of a name paper
where the target's name/wish/desire goes on top of your name...
when would this method be applicable?
jazzie

Re: Hoodoo style petition (name) paper

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:36 pm

I am not cat, but from the way I understand it is comes down to different styles among families. Some people write their name and cover and cross with their desire. I was taught to do it the other way around. You write what you want, say, "money" and cover and cross that with my name so I am *on top* of the money--having power over it.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Re: Hoodoo style petition (name) paper

Unread postby jazzie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

understood.
jazzie

Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Unread postby jazzie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 am

1. how do you write a name paper for a road opener candle (if there is any such thing for road opener, ive only seen petition papers). the dynamics are different for me.
i have cat's book and i saw a name paper where two names are linked in the form of an x and the petition goes around in a circle, is this appropriate for this type of candle?

2. is there a particular difference between the x name paper vs. your name 7 times over target's 7 times?

3. "road opener removes blockages." does this mean that the petition paper is folded counterclockwise?

4. can you use the picture of that you wish to attract/happen as the petition paper ?this sounds counter-intuitive to me, but, ive read some members mentioning using the wish/desire as a petition paper. the reason it seems odd is because road opener does not draw but removes.
jazzie

Re: Petition Papers and Name Papers Questions and Answers

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm

jazzie,

1) I personally would list out the things you see as blocking your path, along with a request that all unknown things that are hindering you be removed, I would phrase it as a letter to God.

2) Yes, they are used in different spells for different aims, but I wouldn't use either for a road opener spell.

3) That is definitely one way you could do it.

4) I would not use a picture of what you want to draw to you, or a picture of your goal in a spell meant to remove blocks from you.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jazzie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 pm

thanks turnsteel

that is exactly what i thought.
something along the lines of a letter
however, since it is for a particular goal
i would still mention the wish/desire in this way

for example, "remove all obstacles that prevent x from obtaining/attracting y(the wish/desire)...."
jazzie

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:24 pm

jazzie,

1) If you have my book you will notice at least three other forms of petition paper in the book than the one you mention -- and there are dozens more ways to do it.

2) Yes, in my book, the example with the circle bounds the two people in. The example with the square does too, and adds stability. Covering and crossing a name has its own meaning.

3) Clockwise moves us forward (as a clock dial, as time). Counterclockwise undoes things; it moves them backwards. To remove an obstacle is not to undo something or to move us backward. It is to clear the way as we move forward.

4) Road Opener does not create a void, you know. it opens the road. The road it opens leads to SOMEWHERE. If you can picture that SOMEWHERE, you can use a picture of it as the goal at the end of your now-open road.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby jazzie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:06 pm

thanks cat
this helped a lot

i think that there are so many different methods to do things
that i get stuck because i want to do it the right way, thinking there is a one way to do things
jazzie

Unread postby SugarMagnolia4333 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:32 pm

My mother just called it hexing. She said all you need to is write there name really pretty, and you can lift up your pen. But, the only part you dont lift up for is when your draw your star over and through thier name. You can the draw a cirlce round it, and write your "petition" going all the way around it til you've said your peace.
SugarMagnolia4333

Unread postby Star_princess » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I tried using parchment paper no matter what pen I used, it wouldn't write, so they told me at the LM shop to use paper from a brown paper bag. But then again the parchment paper that I used, was commerical parchment paper. Does that make a difference?
Star_princess

Unread postby cherish » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:48 am

Hello,

I would like to know, how can I combine my target's DOB with my petition or name paper?

Ex. 1. I want John Doe to lust for me.
Ex. 2. John Doe
John Doe
John Doe

Where would the DOB GO?

Thank you.
cherish

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:55 am

I would write it right next to the name.

Ex1. I want John doe (3/10/1985) to lust for me.
ex 2. John doe (3/10/1985)
John doe (3/10/1985)
John doe (3/10/1985)
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cherish » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 am

Ok. I didn't know that the DOB can be written in numbers. Good to know.

Thank you.
cherish

Unread postby Starbright » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:00 pm

I know when my target's birthday is, but not the year he was born, so would it still work?
Starbright

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

Use what info you do have.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Starbright » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 am

Thanks Devi.
Starbright

Unread postby ElectroKid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 am

its better to use Sheepskin Parchment Paper or any white parchment paper and use some lucky mojo ink. they sell doves blood for love work, bats blood for enemy work ,also dragons blood for luck wish etc. you could buy a quill or a mental quill.if you hate using normal quills i have done spells before
Last edited by starsinthesky7 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited for mention another competitors name
ElectroKid

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 am

Real parchment is made from skin and in the older practices it was common to offer the animal to a deity before preparing and using the skin to write on. Parchment Paper is not make of skin but a nice material to write on.
Some are pecky when it comes to their paper, some are not.
Some are real pecky when it comes it their inks, pens, pencils, type of bird for quill feathers, colour of quills and so on.
It is an art in itself.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html#parchment

Doves Blood ink would be the choice for a name paper for love. http://www.luckymojo.com/ink-doves-blood.html
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirituality, Psychism, Divination, Magic, Ethics