Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Skull Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Skull Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:12 am

You can add the concerns to the jar the worker made.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks for that Starsinthesky...but it is the "passed down from generation" that matters. Those are not just made up...that is called tradition. If someone posts here is a spell that I just made up...I am not interested in that.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

SweetLady, hoodoo is not a collection of spells. It is a traditional way of working that has adapted and evolved over the years. Heck, the mere fact that you are posting about using a skull candle is proof of that. Candles weren't adopted into conjure until the mid 20th Century and were not used as prevelantly as they are today until the 1960s or 70s. So you are quite literally working with a method that was "made up" by someone at some point.

Conjure is a set of traditions regarding root, stick, and bone that have been passed down for generations. How those spirits are worked has evolved with the culture itself which has elements of rural south, urban north, and commerical shop all rolled into it. Some elements of conjure are quite new and some very old.

So what Starsinthesky has provided is an excellent example of conjure and hoodoo. She's taken earth, stick, and bone and adapted it to the relatively modern method of using skull candles--something that is very much traditional and very much in line with the spirit of authentic hoodoo.

In the end that is what hoodoo is about--not a collection of spells written in a dusty grimoires, but a spiritual tradition and methodology.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:02 am

Thank you for restating what starsinthesky said, Conjureman...but, with all do respect, I reserve the right to practice as I choose, my preferences are my preferences. I am sorry if what I prefer does not fit what you feel it should fit according to the way that you practice/view hoodoo. Also, I never said hoodoo was a collection of spells or anything about grimoires or things of that nature. I don't know why you assume so. Furthermore, I don't agree that certain aspects of magic are "just made up". And, there are um-teen responses throughout the forums and the LM site that reference collections of spells (Hyatt for example). Also, there is the doctrine of signatures, and other sources of information that I wouldn't call "made up". Also, I was unaware that I was referring to any person's spell posting in particular. I am sorry if it seemed that way. I am only looking for more information on use of skull candles. Not skulls in general, or candles in general, and I could not seem to find it. You have provided some interesting history/background on use of candles and other articles, and I thank you for that. What I am looking for is what you called "spiritual tradition and methodology" ...specific to skull candles. If someone could please show me where to find more history and information about the skull candle in hoodoo, that would be wonderful :) Thanks for trying to help me. And I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. ~Blessings! SweetLady

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:52 pm

You certainly are allowed to practice what you desire, but when you come to *this* forum expect a lesson or two on the history and tradition of conjure. You have been provided thus as you've demonstrated that your knowledge in the field is a bit lacking given your question and then your response. However that is ok, that is why we are here--to provide education for those new to the tradition.

You actually did not understand the point of my post at all. What you failed to graps is that this entire 21 page thread reveals the way skull candles are worked with traditionally. So go ahead and look through the 21 pages of posts, many of which include posts from skilled practitioners like Starsinthesky. You'll also find what you deem a "made up spell" which will further reveal the spiritual methodology employing skull candles. The spell that you view as "made up" is very much in line for your request for a "hoodoo-based" spell using a skull candle to influence a love target's mind.

Furthermore given that candle work did not become popular until *relatively* recently in the general history of hoodoo you aren't going to find any "spells" that have been passed down for generations on how to work with them.

star11

Unread post by star11 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:36 am

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me ? about a week ago i started to do a skull and penis spell as i was loading the skull a strange fealing came over me not to do this . i tryed to finish but as i was writeing on the skull the fealing was stronger so i stoped i put both candles in a black bag and put them away . with the full moon coming i would like to try one or both candles againg but i dont know what to do with the ones in the bag . should i just put them in the trash ? i some times get overwelmimg fealings and have learned to trust them something was just not right and i am glad i did not follow through with this ... thank you

Joann Lee
HRCC Student

Unread post by Joann Lee » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:33 am

You sound like a person who is psychically sensitive. That is a double-edged sword. It means you will likely get the job done, but you will feel it every step of the way. If you keep doing this work, your energy body will toughen up and develop the ability to persevere.

Your target is probably "fighting" you. That is often the case for me when I drop the oil, drop the pencil, the pencil breaks, I accidentally lift the pencil from the petition when I'm not supposed to, the candle falls over, etc. I can *feel* my target resisting.

I take solace in the fact that I have already done a card reading, have consulted with the powers, especially Jesus, and everyone is on board for the project. Jesus is my ultimate touchstone--he guides me in how far to go, how hard to push, etc. And my value system for what the target is up to guides me. No one likes to take their medicine.

You might try taking a cleansing bath and praying Psalm 51 several times. Then sit down and focus your *entire attention* with great intensity on the task and get it done. This may take some practice. Don't give up! Just keep going and eventually it will all come together.

Watch what happens when the candle burns. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an interesting burn from it. The wax might turn to muck, it might take interesting shapes, the candle might split and various parts of it be on fire. This will tell you what is up.

While you are watching it burn, the person's soul might be in the candle telling you how they are responding to it. Just keep going. When it is done, dispose of the wax and spell remains properly. If the wax is left sitting around, the energies will affect the house, which will affect you. Get out your shovel!

After it is all done, take a cleansing bath and mop down your entire house with Chinese Wash or something similar. Then dab an appropriate condition oil on yourself and in the corners of each room, door, and window, praying the whole time.

Good luck! Don't give up because the target resists.
HRCC Student #1730

star11

Unread post by star11 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 am

Thank you , for your help i have been doing this for about 2 years now and i am getting pretty good on picking up the signs . yes i am an inpass for those around me near or far thats not what i was feeling their was no fighting on their part it was myself telling to me to let it be sorry i really cant explain it . anyway your advice is well recived thank you for taking the time to explain to me but what do i do with the un burned candles .. i would like them out of my home since i stopped all work with them ...

onyxorchid

Unread post by onyxorchid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

I've ordered a skull candle and I've been reading through this topic to learn what to do with it. :)

My question is, do you carve the target's name on the candle? For example, do you write it as "I, Target Name, (insert what you want them to think here).

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks so much for that Conjureman: I was asking for help on history, and you gave me a bit. Although, you seem to take offense at ,my asking for it. I don't understand just why.
And, just FYI, the poster of that spell is the individual who said that thier spell was "made up" If you read it, it says "here is a spell I made up." That is why I called it made up. But thanks for your help. I am sure you are busy answering posts on the forums and it is probably very easy to overlook small things like that. I was asking for history and information, so thanks for that. Also, I read the thread before I posted, I didn't see too much along the lines of history and tradition, nor is there an LM page about the history or use of skull candles specifically...just skulls in general and then candles in general. So I was looking for more information on the history and tradition and use of the skull candle. Unfortunately I didn't really find any in the thread either. That was the reason for my post and the questions. Thanks for helping provide a bit of info and history on them and thier use. It would be very nice to have a detailed history and information on tradition and use, but I am a hopeless geek who loves information and learning! :) So, thanks again and have a nice day! ~ SweetLady

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

My pleasure SweetLady and no offense was taken. My posts are almost always dispassionate with the occassional bit of amusement thrown in ;-)

Brooke

Unread post by Brooke » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:26 am

Hello
I have read through and see there are different ways to talk to the skull what I am wondering if you are burning it over 7 or 9 nights do you have to repeat the exact same words everynight?.

What I would like to do is get the message through to to target how I feel about him while at the same time give him instructions on what I want him to do so wondering if this could be done sucessfully or not?.

For example one night tell the skull he will come to me with love and committment and the next night Pouring my feelings of love out to him so he gets it into his head how I feel about him?.
If it is not likely to be successful this way could those two messages be giving everynight together? such as I love you and you will love me. You will commit to me like I want to committ to you.

Wild at Heart

Unread post by Wild at Heart » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

SweetLady
Please don't take offense to this, but perhaps you're looking at this the wrong way. It sounds as if you'd take more comfort in a skull specific spell that has been used for generations because in that respect it seems more guaranteed. However, I feel that is actually the less important aspect, the time it's been in use, that is- as if the time used is in direct proportion to effectiveness (which aren't mutually exclusive concepts I know, but I digress). What's important in the spells is that the methods, tools, and ingredients are in line with the purpose- that's the tradition and effectiveness you're looking for. Deer's Tongue to open communication, that's traditional; using a red candle for passion, that's traditional. Being able to look at each step of the spell and then reference where it comes from in the tradition- that's important. Knowing there are several techniques (detailed in this thread) on how you load your candle- an action which falls into tradition- is useful, you'll have a variety of options and be able to choose whichever is in line with how you like to work. If ever you see a spell on here and you are in doubt, you can simply look up the ingredients and then see what they're used for, it's the ingredients and how they're brought together that is part of the tradition. The love work stays with the love work, the clarity and wisdom work stays with the clarity and wisdom.

Also note-worthy is that if and when any spell and methods are posted that are not in line with hoodoo tradition, they are pointed out and corrected accordingly. There are a few of those in this very thread, and plenty all over the forum. :)

scooty12

Unread post by scooty12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Would love thoughts on my two questions:)

1) Have been working a skull candle on my ex. He told me the other day that he has been having terrible nightmares the last few days (I am not in them) could this be related?

2) If I was to miss a day or two of working my skull candle is that a problem? Should I start over, or just pick up where I left off?
on a new journey just finding my way, and figuring out what it all means....

onyxorchid

Unread post by onyxorchid » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 pm

How far down can I burn a skull candle safely? I've been working one for awhile, and I had hollowed out the bottom and added a copy of a picture of my target, a name paper, and herbs. I'm worried about all the added items catching fire, are they supposed to burn or should I stop burning it (and properly dispose of the remains) before it burns down that far?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:36 pm

onyxorchid

Let it burn down, if you're using good safety i.e burning the candles on something flame proof that won't shatter from the heat, and away from anything that might catch fire, you should be fine.
HRCC Student #1559

MoonChild69
Newly Registered

Unread post by MoonChild69 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:40 pm

I purchased a Red Skull candle to reconcile with an ex lover. I have the necessary herbs and oils. This is the order in which I plan to carry out my skull candle spell. Tell me if this sounds about right:

1. Cleanse the red skull candle and all my materials prior to beginning the spell.
2. Horizontally Carve the Target's name and my intent into the back of the skull. (Ex. John Doe Contact me, forgive me).
3.Anoint the candle with appropriate oils. (Should I anoint the candle towards me, starting from the middle to the ends like a regular 4" candle? Or direction doesn't matter?)
4.Hallow out the bottom of the skull and insert his hair and herbs folded neatly in paper with his picture on it. Then melt the wax so it seals the hole.

5. Place my petition underneath the saucer. (Should the petition be similar to the honey jar? For instance, write the target's name 9 times, then turn it 90 degrees and write my name over it 9 times. Then without lifting the pen encircle our names with short phrases like "contact me, forgive me".

6. Pray over the candle and state my petition out loud, then light the wick.

*I heard that some people burn the skull candle for 7 days, however, I also heard that others burn it for 9 days. From my knowledge 9 is a powerful number that is commonly used in influencing and dominating work. So could I do it for 9 days instead?

weblook
Newly Registered

Unread post by weblook » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:11 am

When I attempted to hollow out the bottom of my red skull candle, I placed the 1st mark in it to carve it, the back of the candle cracked, all the way up to the bottom, back part of the skull, and broke in half. I can place it back together by sitting it in place and not moving it, but will this still make the candle effective? Or, do I need to start over with a new one? Thanks so much in advance.

Mezan

Unread post by Mezan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:12 pm

What's the best way to prepare a skull candle that didn't burn all the way for disposal? It's rather bulky.
Thank you for always taking care of me, San Judas.

Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Mezan, please read about disposal here, as part of my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice."

http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

The book is online free and you should bookmark the Table of Contents and consult it for information that then need not be asked about in the Forum.

The Table of Contents is here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

CAN-FIG-SKRE
Skull Candle, Red
$5.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

tay123

Unread post by tay123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 pm

White skull candle appropriate for getting a teacher to pass you. She's really stubborn and hard no matter how we study none of us pass her test

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 am

If literally no one is passing the tests, you can make a complaint to the administration. That's just not right.

You may want to look at the Boss Fix honey jar, which will work to sweeten the teacher to you.

You could also work a skull candle on her if you'd like, using Influence and Boss Fix products.

blonde_gurl

Unread post by blonde_gurl » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello Forum. i wanted to get a red skull candle for my boyfriend. i want him to love me more and want to be around me more. I was thinking of using love me oil and follow me boy oil. Would I have to add domination oil, commanding oi,l do as i say oil, or i dominate my man oil to the mix??

thanks
thank you all <3

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:48 am

Just start with the Love Me and Follow Me Boy. I wouldn't add any of the others at first - the Follow Me Boy already has dominating elements in it. No need to get super heavy-handed right off the bat.

RhiannonWyt

Unread post by RhiannonWyt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am

I just completed a moving figure candle spell last Wednesday. I was thinking I would start a skull candle on my Beloved this week with the New Moon. But I wonder if this is too soon? He would definitely fall into the stubborn category and I AM working against a doll baby that his current girlfriend has on him and has had for some time. Should I let the magic of the moving candle spell "sit" for awhile and do its work or should I go ahead and take advantage of the New Moon and begin with a white skull candle spell to go ahead and get into his head and begin some reconciliation work? I'm waiting on a reconciliation honey jar kit from LM.
Rhiannon Wyt

Siedan15

Unread post by Siedan15 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm letting four alter do my red skull candle. I had no picture would it still work only have picture of me.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 pm

It would be best if you had some kind of personal concern from the other person. But as long as you at least include their name, then it may affect them but it depends on your circumstances. It may take repeating the candle work, or keeping heat on it with a vigil light before you see any movement.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Read all about the new Influence Oil labels, and how Influence Oil is used on Skull Candles, plus helpful information on how to use all of our Lucky Mojo Influence products, here:

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs00 ... 57354.html
catherine yronwode

hoodoogirl5

Unread post by hoodoogirl5 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:07 pm

So I want to try the red skull candle ritual to bring someone I have this strong emotional link to, to me.

Can I use
mandrake oil
van van oil
attraction oil
to anoint the candle

then dress it with these herbs
Rosemary
rose petals
catnip
deers tongue (for the mouth)
juniper berries

also what can I use for the eyes?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:30 pm

I would use some Attraction oil to draw this person to you, and if you have any personal concerns of theirs (hair, a picture, their signature) you can put that under the candle. The herbs sound pretty good; I'd also throw in a pinch of ginger, to heat things up :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm

I would include a photo of your target and you facing each other; fold toward you and place under the candle; and write your target's name on the bottom of the candle. So you are wanting to draw your target to you, not influence thoughts?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

hoodoogirl5

Unread post by hoodoogirl5 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:10 pm

You can say that, I want to influence his thoughts to draw him to me, if that makes sense lol

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

It does I may not have made my statement clearly.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I am planning on doing a skull candle spell, but my personal concern for the target is on a tissue, how can I incorporate this? and it is a very small quantity that was wiped from a bed will this be sufficient?

weblook
Newly Registered

Unread post by weblook » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 am

I burned my first skull candle last night, and am questioning if this is a good sign? I used a red skull candle, added a picture of my target, a petition paper, my love oils and menstrual blood inside the skull and sealed it with the wax. Then, carved the targets name and petition on the candle, dressed it again with love oils and proper herbs and sachet powder. I spoke to my target through incense smoke what I wanted him to think and do, and then left it burn for approx 1 hour. When I returned to check on it, the candle was almost burned all the way through, and wax was pooled around the heat plate dish it was sitting on, but the frame of the candle is still intact. I had wanted to burn it for 7-9 days, so I snuffed it out so it didn't burn all the way down. Is this a sign that the target was receiving my messages, or did I put too much oil and herbs on it, and it burned through too fast? I was thinking of finishing this one tonight, and starting a new one, to work with for 7-9 more days. Any thoughts? Thank You.

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Ηello all, I want to help my best friend with her daughter. She has never used hoodoo before so she is a little confused. She has had problems with her daughter all her life. The daughter does exactly the opposite of what she should-she ignores her kids and her home (so her mother will do the work),she eats and has gained over 80lbs just to rub it into her mother's face that she is different than her. My friend has tried many things but nothing seems to work. I suggested starting a honey jar between the two of them to sweeten the atmosphere,add a skull candle burned on top of the honey jar and follow thru with a doll baby. Now I am putting her order in for supplies but I am a bit weary on what oils and herbs to use. Any suggestions appreciated. The situation has gotten out of hand with the daughter totally ignoring the kids,when she feeds them its only fast food ,never cleans etc so we really have to step in IMMEDIATELY,before the kids are affected even more. All she wants is the daughter to respect and take care of herself and her children. Please help us.

be_777

Unread post by be_777 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

I want to talk to two people with two skull candles. On one of them, I want to talk to the person and implant good memories of me into the mind. On the other one, I want to the person to be confused with unclear thinking and also agitated. What are the right color candles, how do you work skull candles, and what candle dressings do I need? Thanks.

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 pm

maverick96 wrote:I have a few questions...Is there a particular psalm that would be good to say at the beginning of a skull candle ritual for love? Do psalms even play a roll in these particular rituals? Also, when writing the petition paper & crossing the person's name w/yours, how many times do you write each name? In other rituals, I've seen some say 3 & some say 9, but since LM's skull candles don't really come with instructions the way the kits do, I'm a little unsure about just how to go about doing the ritual from start to finish. I've been reading through this entire thread (took me a while, lol) & I'm trying to put together bits & pieces of advice & info into 1 full ritual, but I just don't feel like I really get a clear picture of how to do it. I have a red skull candle & all the suggested herbs/oils & but if someone could be so kind as to share how they go about doing the entire ritual. I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Thank you so much :)
starsinthesky7 wrote:Maverick I am going to PM you..
Was there any good info that was shared here? :x I would love some answers to mavericks questions as well. I have been doing the same thing he was doing..picking up little bits and pieces but would really love a start to finish if that's possible.. :) also, was there a particular psalms to read? Can I also pray to st. Expedite? I just found out I only have two months for movement.. I could cry

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes that will be sufficient. Take the part with the concern on it, and put it inside the name paper so that you can reuse the personal concern.

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 am

Last night I made my own version of a skull candle spell.. I didn't exactly use a skull candle but I read here that I could print out a picture of a skull and use that so I did. I got everything that I had at the time ready, My 3 herbs, my come to me oil, a picture of the person I wanted to influence, the skull picture and a 4 inch taper candle. I also made a petition paper stating what i wanted.
I wrote on the skull from my targets point of view what I wanted.. I put my petition paper that included the photo herbs and oil under the skull picture. I took my taper candle and inscribed his name and what I wanted and also annoited that with my come to me oil. I burned that taper candle on the forhead of the skull picture and waited until it burned completely.

I hope I did this right as I have also read that you can make up your own versions to things as long as the energy is behind it..and I think it was...

So besides all that my question is... What do I do tonight? Do I simply dress another candle and put it on the same picture with my "carvings" on it and use the same petition paper as last night? Or do I start all over?
I know it's not going to happen over night but I was kind of hoping it would have :/ I will just keep working but I need to know what I do tonight. Thanks in advance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:18 pm

You can just keep burning candles on top of it. You do not have to start all over

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks stars!

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

yoragoddess wrote:Ηello all, I want to help my best friend with her daughter. She has never used hoodoo before so she is a little confused. She has had problems with her daughter all her life. The daughter does exactly the opposite of what she should-she ignores her kids and her home (so her mother will do the work),she eats and has gained over 80lbs just to rub it into her mother's face that she is different than her. My friend has tried many things but nothing seems to work. I suggested starting a honey jar between the two of them to sweeten the atmosphere,add a skull candle burned on top of the honey jar and follow thru with a doll baby. Now I am putting her order in for supplies but I am a bit weary on what oils and herbs to use. Any suggestions appreciated. The situation has gotten out of hand with the daughter totally ignoring the kids,when she feeds them its only fast food ,never cleans etc so we really have to step in IMMEDIATELY,before the kids are affected even more. All she wants is the daughter to respect and take care of herself and her children. Please help us.
Ηι all,its been several days since I posted but I still haven't got any answers. I have Miss Cat's book and I have been reading it but I am still not sure. Any help will be appreciated. I have looked thru the parents-children thread but haven't found an exact answer,just bits here and there. I really want to help this woman since she has done so much for me.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:06 am

@yoragoddess

Well, someone not taking care of their kids, I would tell your best friend to call CPS and try to file custody for them. Children should not suffer EVER. And to me it would take someone slightly off to use their kids just to piss off their mother.

I would get a reading on this matter to: A) make sure this woman does not suffer from any mental illness. Something just SCREAMS off to me. B) there could be some more underlying issues here

But I would work some Clarity and king solomon wisdom so that she can clearly see how she is acting AND make some better decisions when it comes to her and her children. You can work this with a white skull candle

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-clarity.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-king- ... isdom.html

Next, I would some reconciliation work between your friend and the daughter. I would do some get a reconcilaiton honey jar, and add some pennyroyal and blood root chips.

http://www.herb-magic.com/blood-root.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/reconciliation.html
http://www.herb-magic.com/pennyroyal.html

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 am

Thank you so much Stars. Unfortunately,she doesn't live in the US,and the laws there are very different for such things. She already started a honey jar and since lacking in herbs until I send her,she is using basil,lavender and white rose petals(peaceful and calming). Of course honey jars take a while to kick in so she is being patient and trying to keep peace as much as possible.

As for mental illness,the only illness there is,is great jealousy and hate towards the mother. She acts normal with everyone around her but it also seems the husband is no innocent in this story. He seems to influence her for 'his' reasons,which we still haven't figured out.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 am

I would get a reading on this matter. Something isn't right. And you both need to figure out what role the husband plays in this story.

www.readersandrootworkers.com

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Tue May 08, 2012 2:56 pm

You are absolutely right,normally I would read her. Unfortunately for whatever reason I have lost my ability to see lately,actually since I got pregnant. I'll have her set up a reading. Thanks again.

prayer10

Unread post by prayer10 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 pm

This was brought up in another thread...hoping to get a response/confirmation. With Venus turning, or in retrograde currently, It would NOT be a good time to start a red skull candle to draw someone back to me at this time. Correct?

Even with the moon in Its waxing phase, I should wait until after this retrograde phase is over, then proceed accordingly. Yes?

Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Retrogrades are traditionally not times to start new work, although they can be fine for continuing work that was previously started.

CAN-FIG-SKBK
Skull Candle, Black
$5.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

prayer10

Unread post by prayer10 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Thank you for the insight Miss Cat.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:23 pm

I have learned that as long as you are confident in what you are doing you can make things work with what you got. I say keep it and reuse it, but only for that person.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:51 am

Kittyluver wrote:I hope I did this right as I have also read that you can make up your own versions to things as long as the energy is behind it..and I think it was...
Well, up to a point. Replacing a skull candle with a skull picture (or, hey, a skull-shaped bottle!) makes good hoodoo sense. But i think it wouldn't hurt to play to the audience a little, and lay down some basic principles.

When you're substituting one thing for another, you can shoot yourself in the foot if you don't know what you're doing.

To say, "I don't like the idea of graveyard dirt; I'm going to use mullein instead, and call it graveyard dirt" -- well, that's just wrenching a live, deep-rooted tradition out of shape to suit your fears and prejudices. And, in this case, you miss out on the power of the dead in your work.

To say, "It's all in the mind, so I'm just gonna sell colored mineral oil and call that Fast Luck, Stop Gossip, or whatever the clients want" -- well, that's just plain DISHONEST, and I righteously spit on anyone who chooses to do it. Won't you join me? :twisted:

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 am

I'm with you, Miss Michaele.
Two-Headed Doctor

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh okay lol... I think you are right. I didn't see your response till now and since this posting I have received a skull candle and I'm going to do it again. There has been no movement or contact in over a month since I did it so who knows..I told my target that they wanted to call me.. I was planning on doing it again on Sunday :)

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am

I wanted to do a skull candle on my targets child. I figured her mind is probably pretty vulnerable and she might be much more susceptible to my skull candle trick than her father is :)

Obviously I do not want to cause this child any harm I simply want to suggest a place I would like her father to take her in hopes of running into him. I haven't thought of a place yet but maybe iwill put it into her head that she wants to go to a specific park in our area or a certain restaurant to eat...

If I wanted her to go on a specific day like Saturday for example since we are all off work and school would I do it Friday night or maybe a few days earlier to give it time to manifest?

What products would i use with the candle?

oh I realize this might sound a little shady but I reasure you I am a female and this child would never be without adult supervision LOL and I do not drive a big van asking children if they want candy if you know what I mean :)
Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 am

phonehappy --

This is an ethical question, certainly.

As a spiritual person i find this a "shady" way to work, just as you said -- but as a documentarian of conjure practices past and present, i know that you are not the first person to have thought of it or worked this way. It is the custom to work on children to force their parents to pay bills owed, and even (horrible as it is) to sicken children in attempt to drive parents away. The same kinds of work, in abundant multiplicity of motivations, is also performed using pets as a vector to reach their owners

Because you have selected a skull candle to do the work, i am merging your question and my reply into the long thread on using skull candles to influence peoples' thoughts.

In your case, since all you want to do is attract the child to a certain place, a blend of Attraction (or Magnet, or Lodestone) Oil plus Influence Oil would be appropriately traditional on the candle. Load the candle from below with a picture of the place and a picture of the child and parent. (If you don't know what it means to "load" the skull candle, go back and start reading this thread from the beginning.)

You might also wish to check out the long thread on ethics as well --

Ethics, "Black Magic," Karma, Moral Justification Questions
ethics,-%22black-magic,%22-karma,-moral ... 13051.html

CAN-FIG-SKRE
Skull Candle, Red
$5.50

catherine yronwode

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 am

Well I don't want to be unethical..well at least when it comes to a child lol.. That's why I thought i'd ask.. I would never sicken a child..omg who would? I hope no one!

I just figured whats the harm, she would get a fun time at the park and I could possibly finally talk to her dad to try and make amends...

It was just a thought, oh well. Thanks for answering and merging.

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Actually, I change my mind and I am going to at least give it a go.. What's the harm in a day of fun at the park if it works.

What color candle would I use for this? White?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:21 pm

As the color options of skull candles are more limited, and your intentions are largely benign, I would say that white is the way to go.
Two-Headed Doctor

AKissForMe

Unread post by AKissForMe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:31 am

Hello all...

I am doing some lessons with a local witch who has taken me under her wing..

I said to her that I want to learn how to do the red skull candle spell so that my target thinks of me and not another person -- and this was my plan of action :-

Carve his name in the candle and my name on the forehead (so i am on his mind)
Carve that I want him to think of me only
Dress it with LM love oil, bewitching etc
Light it and say my intent e.g. think of me, its me you think of, you cannot get me out your mind... and so forth

Anyway she said no - this is not the way to do things

She said by all means use the red skull candle and carve in it (but not necessary) and use confusion oil and say things to the skull candle like:
Do you really trust her?
Is she really being faithful to you?
Does she really love you..?
Would she do anything for you?
Does she 'really' respect you'
and say those things to put doubt in his mind about the other woman.

She said this will then be his decision to end things with her, so he is free and he hasn't been forced to end it as he has made the choice.

She also said to this kind of work at night over 7 days.

Which is right? Thoughts? Any input greatfully received.

Thank you

x F x

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”