Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
Rookie2conjure

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:06 pm

When doing a honey jar, I know you need to work it Monday's, Wednesday and Fridays. What do you guys mean by that "work it" do you mean change the candle- of course when the old has finished, or add more ingredients to the jar and to shake it?

I am making my very 1st honey jar tonight and need to asked these questions.
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Working a jar can mean dressing and lighting a new candle, and praying over it. If it's a sugar jar, it can include shaking it, to encourage movement. There are some variations where other actions are involved. You can add new items to a jar at any time; for example, if you got a hair from the target that you didn't have before. You don't have to add things every time you work the jar.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Thank you for making that clear.

Can I dress my candle with my menstruation and oil? Or it has to be one, or the other?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Whoa whoa-I have to interrupt here--there is no rule that says you have to work a honey jar on M/W/F-in fact, if you were doing a honey jar to sweeten up a boss at work I would recommend you work it on Thursday. If you were doing a honey jar for court case work I might recommend you burn a candle on it on Thursday or Friday, a honey jar for peaceful home work might only have a candle lit on it on Mondays. Some workers, like myself, start out by burning a candle on their honey jar every day for a week and then go to once, twice, or three times a week depending on the situation.

As far as what working a jar means--we talk to them, we pray over them, we light candles on them, if we are working a sugar jar to draw a lover or keep a lover we might rub it all over our body and give it extra love and attention and sweetness. I have taken honey jars to the cemetery before and worked them with the assistance of a spirit, I have warmed them up to heat up the situation that they represent-there are many ways of working with them. And yes, you can anoint a candle with both menstrual blood and oil.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:55 pm

--Magic girl,

I apologize; I gave you an incomplete answer.

Miss Bri, thank you very much for clarifying. That is wonderful advice.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Can I add a picture inside the honey jar? If so, where just sticking inside? or inside the paper?

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Thank you Miss Bri, and no worries Mister Hob.

Can I add a picture inside the honey jar? If so, where just sticking inside? or inside the paper?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:52 pm

You can use a picture. Either way would work. You could also write your petition on the picture.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:56 pm

If I want to add a signature paper and a business card of my target to the honey jar, can I do that? I started it last night. Should I just push it down in the jar Of honey? Thanks in advance!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Adding stuff to a honey jar is not a problem. Just add it in with a little prayer of purpose.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks! When I added the stuff I did not prayed, I only prayed, when I was dressing the candle. I hope I did not make a mistake.
Thanks again!

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Ok, so, the candle I dressed no too long ago, fell off from the honey jar, is that normal? What I did, I anointed again and did a little prayer and put back on top of the jar. Any thoughts?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 pm

My first thought is "fire safety" ;). You can light the candle, and drip wax from it onto the lid to act as a base, and then stick the lit candle to this. Personally, I use the inexpensive little stamped brass star candle holders for jars, and just about everythig else for that matter. You can find them here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html#holders
Two-Headed Doctor

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I was taught to slap the side of the jar while calling on the spirit of the person then stating my petition, I dress my candle and place it on the candle, light it then pray..thats me..I know ppl who do it differently. personally I love honey jars work great and for most love situations its all that may be needed, after all who doenst need a little sugar in their life ;)
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks ladies!

I did not know I had to call the spirit of the target? How do I do that? Just call it by name?

Thanks, again!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 pm

"Ladies"? I am, in fact, Mister Hob ;).

You don't have to call on the spirit. There are lots of ways to work sweet jars. It is an interesting idea, though, and one I had not heard before. It reminds me of waking up the dead by knocking on or shaking the headstone when doing graveyard work. Maybe that's why it appeals to me...
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

Thank you Mister Hob, and I apologize.

Is it normal practice to call on the dead for a newbie like me?

How can I work with my grandmother who have passed on?

Do I need special training for that?

Thanks again.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:18 pm

No worries ;)

You don't have to work with rhe dead; slapping the jar just reminded me of knocking on headstones. I do a lot of graveyard work, but it isn't a requirement, just a preference.

If you were close with your grandmother, and want to work with her, it isn't terribly difficult. If she is buried nearby, go and collect a bit of dirt from her grave. Pay for the dirt (3 dimes is a pretty standard payment), and leave her something as an offering, if you want. Whiskey, or water, are common, as are flowers. My father hated flowers, but loved Coca-Cola, so I take him one when I visit. Talk with her like you did when she was alive, and ask her if she is willing to work with you. At home, set up a little ancestor altar. Put out a picture of her, her graveyard dirt (if you can get it), and give her a glass of cool water, and light a candle for her, from time to time. This simple veneration can gain you powerful spirit allies. Nobody has your back like family!

There are other threads for ancestor altars, and buying graveyard dirt. Check them out, and decide if it's work you feel comfortable doing.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank you for this! I would love for her to work with me. She was very close to me. Do spirits mind if they come back and help us on a work?

She was not buried near by.... What to I do?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm

You can set up an ancestor altar with pictures of them, things they owned (if you have any), and things that remind you of them. If you ever have the opportunity to collect their grave dirt, you can add it later. Otherwise, offer them water and light, as I said above, and show them respect. Take time to welcome them into your home.
Two-Headed Doctor

Rookie2conjure

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:29 pm

Gotcha, thanks for the insight!

RedRedRoses

Unread post by RedRedRoses » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

So I had a complex situation and falling out with an ex. I posted a couple months ago when I started my Jar. The jar HAS worked and I'm so excited. We live far apart and I have been in his area 3 times since I started the jar. Each time we have met up and started speaking again. We fell out again twice in between where we completely stopped speaking but this last time he's forgiven me for my wrong, we were intimate, and he agreed to start over. Everything is looking up again and I'm still working the jar but I would like to know what my next step should be. We've reconciled and he's forgiven, and although we're still intimate he's let me know that he's still planning to move on. Which shows me he's not 100% there. He's also admitted that he wants to be with me but he's forcing himself not to. This was someone who is a strong force that I thought it would take forever to get to so now I know I need something else in addition to the jar. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi all I haven't posted in a while but i had a quick question. A guy that I've been seeing for a couple of months had a argument and he's not talking to me. I have done honey jars before and they have worked. I just want to know what oils do I need for this? Would it be reconciliation or something else because we weren't in a relationship? I have honey and I have pink candles. No herbs or oils. I have his picture but no hair, I do have bodily concerns. I just want us to talk again and for him to want to talk to me and be with me. i messed up and fussed him out. I feel bad. Anyone's help will be appreciated. Luv ♥

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 pm

A honey jar with a picture would work. You could top it with pink candles, dressed with Reconciliation. Reconciliation can be used to restore any kind of relationship, not just romantic ones. Depending on the nature of the personal concerns, you could write your petition on his picture, wrap it around the personal concern, and build your honey jar around that. I wouldn't add anything too...intimate, as, ideally, you should still be able to eat the honey. You could also add a pair of Balm of Gilead buds to the packet.

Good Luck.
Two-Headed Doctor

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 am

Ok thank you very much Mister Hub. I do have a picture of him. I talked to him yesterday some. I will buy some reconcilation oil from Lucky Mojo today.

natalieshop

Unread post by natalieshop » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I started a honey jar but forgot to feed it and it has been like a month maybe more, can I restart feeding it with candlees and continue burning candles or can I reuse the same jar for the same purpose emptying ingredients and redoing the ingredients and start burning candles? thanks

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Someone told me that I could dump the contents and use it for something different.

natalieshop

Unread post by natalieshop » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm

thank you for your advice :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 pm

You are asking if you can start using your honey jar again after months of not using it. If it is for the same purpose, certainly.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

princeian

Unread post by princeian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 am

ok, i just ordered my LM oils last night and boy did i go crazy. i went on to order 2 Q oils, 2 lavender love drops, van van, and triple strength mojo bag.I am not just waiting for it to arrive.

My questions is this... do i anoint with which oils, pink and red candles and put on top of honey jar?

i am a guy trying desperately to get things going with my co worker. for 2 months we have been seeing each other and suddenly it just stopped. he starts to ignore.. etc... he tries but not hard enough.. i want us together... i still light candles every night. i pray to st martha, st michael and santa muerte for help...

should i wait for the oils now and go crazy? help. thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 am

Hi princeian,

for now burn candles ''sans'' oil until the order gets there. If you want a lasting relationship, anoint your candles with lavender love drops. If you want easy sex, then anoint your candles with Q oil. If you need your luck to change, burn orange or yellow tapers with van van - but that do seperately rather than on the honey jar.

That said, like I've already posted below, given the complexity of the case (other boyfriends, their wives, etc.), a combination of banishing/break-up work and some mild coercion may be necessary - but to find out what needs to be done and what the outcome looks like, I'd suggest that you get a reading at this point. It's more intricate than simply Q & As on a Forum.

Many of the fine workers at AIRR would be well placed to help you. You can look through their bios here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers

Blessings and success to you in your work.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

princeian

Unread post by princeian » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 pm

thanks Aura for the speedy reply as always.

Right now, i just anoint the candles, pink or red with his name on it and say "love me" to have a more personal feel to it.
and a few drops of plain lavender while waiting for my order.
I dont really need, easy sex from other guys. just this one person that i am trying desperately to be with. for the past 9 weeks we have been great and amazing, suddenly i guess when i did my second honey jar it just changed slowly, were still okay but not as good as the first honey jar i made. i was in the middle of just closing my first honey jar and then suddenly i get an sms from him from his holiday in italy. clearly i was doing something right...

now i just wait for my oils. i ordered so much, 2 of each really. including john conqueror and separation oil. are there links to what else i can do? or links on step by step to use these spells after anointing or which goes with which..

i think my orders will be coming in a few weeks time. 2 weeks hopefully... :)

help for now... please, we see each other everyday at work, he tries but i resist because after work, i dont hear from him anymore... no sms, no nothing... he says hes busy looking for a place to buy at the moment that he doesnt have time to even see his family,,, etc... im just a bit tensed.. like every night, and day, i light candles on top of the honey jar.. almost 24 hours its lit...

Hope you can help..
I will get a reading in the next week or so..
Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Princeian,

let go and let God. If you don't have faith in the Divine that your work is done, you'll second guess it all to death. It's like being clingy in a relationship: ask someone every hour if they love you, and they're bound to end up snapping at you at some point unless they have the patience of the Virgin Mary - and even then!

What you're doing now is fine. Keep that up until you've had a reading and know how best to go about things. Once you have the John the Conqueror oil, use that as a daily anointment for yourself to overcome obstacles and let your Nature shine through.

Pray psalm 23 for success in your endeavours, invite him for coffee 1x per week no more, on Friday, Venus' day. Do not act disappointed if he says no. Other than that, let him do his thing. On your side, work the honey jar and also work your Life! Go hiking, enjoy the summer, join a sports team or a movie-goers group and make new friends. It's important that your life not go on hold because you have a love interest.

Patience and calm to you. Take a spiritual bath with Tranquility crystals and some King Solomon Wisdom or even a simple sea salt bath with a twist of lemon can do wonders.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 pm

You can simply use this same honey jar you put together even after months of not using it. But if you want to restart the jar then ritually dispose of the contents, and thoroughly cleanse on the jar.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Love miss bri's answer!

Lord SP
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lord SP » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 am

Question-I'm starting a sweetener jar tonight and I was wondering how far should I fill up the mason jar with sweetener? Should I fill it up to the top or halfway? If I use sugar instead of honey do I fill the entire jar with sugar and do I add water to it to give it that fluid effect? :D

dream181

Unread post by dream181 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi, I am very new to the forum but am so glad for all of the great advice!

I've made a honey jar with personal concerns (hair) from both me and target, added come to me oil and love me powder to name paper and have dressed the candle with oil and targets name, my petition and his name of birth. I did not write my petition on the paper but have prayed my intentions. will this affect the outome or is this enough to get things going? Thanks for any input!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:42 pm

@Lord Sp

You do not have to fill the jar entirely all the way. And if you add water it will ferment and explode, so ... no water, please!.

@dream181. I would have added a petition paper just to help direct the intentions of the work. However, if you are constantly praying the same intentions then you should be fine. I think adding a name paper further puts focus into the work.

dream181

Unread post by dream181 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

@starsinthesky7

Thanks so much for your reply...I added a namepaper with our names crossed, just did not write petition on it. I was going to open it again, but felt it would weaken the original energy I put into it. I also (embarrasingly) have kept it covered under a pair of my underpants which i rubbed in the oil lol! I will keep at it for a few weeks, see what happens. If nothing, will add the petition.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Lord SP wrote:Question-I'm starting a sweetener jar tonight and I was wondering how far should I fill up the mason jar with sweetener? Should I fill it up to the top or halfway? If I use sugar instead of honey do I fill the entire jar with sugar and do I add water to it to give it that fluid effect? :D
Adding water and sugar to a closed jar is a very,very bad idea. Its simple science; water and sugar will ferment, the yeast that causes fermentation is everywhere, fermentation causes a build up of gas and will break the jar. Even if it doesn't ferment sugar water rots very quickly and easily .
HRCC Student #1559

ImReady2012

Unread post by ImReady2012 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:24 am

I have just received my court case honey jar and the jar is smaller than I expected; and I have an 8 x 10 picture of the Judge involved, so my question is: Do I just rip the picture down to just show the Judges face or should I just fold the picture towards me until I can get it small enough to fit into the jar?

Thank you!
I am very strong in all of my endeavors and eager to learn. Thanks Luky Mojo!

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 pm

ImReady2012,
Folding the picture of the judge will suffice.
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

MS_LoKA_bLUe13

Unread post by MS_LoKA_bLUe13 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am

Hello everyone... i am new here...and i DID read thru some of the past posts so I dnt have to RE-ASK a question that might have been already answerd..
ANYWAY---> how/where do you store the honey jar you are working with? I made one for the relationship problems I am having with my husband...and i did burn a candle on it..but I am wondering if I am suppose to store it somewhere when I am not using it or leave it in the open.
as a native amer chick...i know lots of natives store our medicine bundles & eagle feathers away, usually in red material or scarves.. is this similar? i have NOSY azz kids, I dnt want them to mess with things i am doing..and I am wondering where I can put it while I am not burning candles on it..
thanks for all your help to everyone who can help me out with this :-)
Thank you St.Anthony, St.Jude,& Our B.V Mary. & Thank you to the Holy People as well.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:46 am

I think this is situational. My honey jar sits on my altar in a room no one enters daily.

thatgirl

Unread post by thatgirl » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 am

You could always just stash it in your underwear drawer or under your bed. The ones I'm not working with actively (which are just sitting there doing their own things) are actually covered with scarves in my closet. The ones that I work with actively or more regularly are out in plain view, but not in any main area of the house. It's fine to just tuck them away when necessary. Just as long as it's in a safe and convenient location.

As far as others seeing them, I just keep certain things out of plain view of anyone who isn't immediate family. My kids see them, but as inquisitive as they are, they never bother them.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:03 pm

I leave all of the honey jars I am currently working on top of the altar space I have for them.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Lord SP
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lord SP » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Thanks Stars,I appreciate your response.Lord SP

lsbbygrl
Newly Registered

Unread post by lsbbygrl » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi I'm very new to all this and I want to start my first honey jar. I have everything gathered except for the personal item. My boyfriend is out of the country for work and I feel us drifting and him acting distant with me. I don't have any of his hair and I feel that I should get started immediately so things don't get worse. The only thing I have of his is a shirt of his that he gave me when I was cold. This was a few months ago and I have washed it and worn it many times since then. I don't have handwriting as we mostly send email. I'm hoping maybe a button from the shirt would work. Thank you

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 am

Hi Isbbygrl,

honey jars are discussed extensively within this thread, the information will probably be useful for you if you're not familiar with making them. The thread on personal concerns as well as the HITAP page on the relative strength of different personal concerns can guid you as well. You'll find those here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/bodyfluids.html (look at the section ''SUBSTITUTES FOR BODY FLUIDS: THE MAGICAL LINK'')
personal-concerns-hair,-photo,-etc-ques ... t9215.html

once you have read this information, if you still have questions, please feel free to ask.

Hope this helps and success in your works.
Aura Laforest

CsLioness

Unread post by CsLioness » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

I did a honey jar on a man that I would like to be in a relationship with. We met online about 3 years ago and actually met in person about a year ago. We REALLY liked each other but...I was sorta in a relationship. He made it VERY clear to me that he really liked me, was upset that he hadnt met me first..he even stated once that he thought I was his wife in another life. I had already planned on leaving my relationship before we met, but meeting him definitely put a little fire under my butt!! He is AMAZING and makes me FEEL AMAZING! I love his energy and always want to be around him.

I was devistated when he said that he didn't want to see me anymore because I was in a relationship, but completely understood.

I am now out of the relationship and CANNOT stop thinkng about this man!

I ordered a cut and clear but it hasn't gotten to me yet. I had some "Come To Me" oil on hand and also "Commanding" and "Compelling" oils. I was too impatient to wait on the "Cut and Clear" or him, so I printed out a pic from his facebook page (I have no personals of his), wrote a petition on the back of it and put it and a little come to me oil in a honey jar. I think I may have put one of hairs in it.. I haven't been really burning it consistently because I wasn't sure about "making" him come to me, but he's been in the honey for about a week.

I did contact him once via text..it was a short conversation. Sat, I decided to burn it for 7 days straight and see what happens.

1. Yesterday while burning the candle I noticed something really strange. The flame got really wide and looked almost as if it were trying to seperate...almost like and arm was trying to reach out of it. I didn't watch it long enough to see if the flame completed seperated into two because I had to leave, but I'm wondering given the situation if that is a good sign?

2. Today, I watched as the candle went out and then I turned around and it re-lit!! It grew really tall, stayed lit for at least a good 2 mins and then died completely out. What could that mean??

3. Should I clean up all of the wax that is on top of the jar now before I place more candles on top?

4. Is the commanding oil too much??

Oh, and I am still contacting the target..I texted him today but it has been 6 days since the last time I texted him. I wasn't sure if I should be but was happy to read on the forums today that, that is encouraged. LOVED Miss Cat's lyrics! I haven't gotten any negative responses from me contacting him, but my goal is for him to initiate contact. I honestly would be happy to have this man just as a friend...he's just that great! But my ultimate goal is to claim him as mine.
Any other suggestions?

shakti

Unread post by shakti » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:09 am

I made one (used maple syrup) and now am thinking that perhaps I should not have...
partly because I don't particularly like what i wrote on the paper surrounding our names...
partly because it might accelerate something that should take a long time to materialize for the betterment of our relationship in the long run...

Any advice to stop the effects of the jar without stopping the natural growth of our relationship?
thanks!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 am

Disposing of the jar and ending your spell-work will not impede the growth of the relationship.
Joseph Magnuson

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 pm

I've made honey jars in the past to address several situations, and they've worked well for me. However, what often happens is that - as time passes - the situation I made the jar for begins to reappear and needs to be addressed yet again. By that time, I have disposed of the jar and have to start another one. My question is: is there a way I can keep a honey jar (without having it on my altar) so that I can begin to work the jar again if the situation shows signs of needing it? What would be a suitable way to keep such a jar? Can I store it away from my altar? I have very limited space and can't keep a lot of things on my altar (which is already pretty full of saints' statues, etc.). Can I store a jar that's worked well for me, get it out later and use it again?

Lord SP
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lord SP » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:09 pm

From my understanding a honey jar spell is an on-going spell.You've already consecrated the work and of course you can store it and use it for later if that is what the Spirit instructs of you.Get a little shoe box or something of that nature that you would keep just for such spells.In magick we can be creative.Hope this helps...

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 am

I would wrap the jar up in something nice (like a handkerchief or piece of fabric) along with some appropriate herbs and out it in my underwear drawer, or safely on a shelf. All of mine are on-going, so they stay worked and on my altars.
Joseph Magnuson

justbewitched

Unread post by justbewitched » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 pm

I started the jar yesterday using organic maple syrup and putting that into a baby food jar because the syrup came in a bottle and didn't have a metal lid. In the jar I wrote the man I want to sweeten's name 3 times in red ink and crossed it 7 times with my name written in black ink. I do not have any oils at this time to anoint my candles so I just burned them as is. It was rather an emergency situation, I believe.

In the petition I included a bit of a tshirt that had his dried semen on it and tied it with one of my hairs. I also included two rose petals. I took out the 3 spoonfuls, sealed the jar and burned a poor quality red candle on top. I have alot of leftover wax, but I figure its ok :) I couldn't finish burning the red candle so snuffed it out over half way down.

I continued the red candle this morning along with a pink birthday candle beside it. The pink candle burned bright, straight and left absolutely no residue and I am taking this as a good sign. The red candle seems to be burning better today and the flame was straight and tall.

I am ordering the necessary oils that I will need and a nation sack kit soon, but I am wondering if I have done enough in this jar as it is to make a start of it working? I will of course continue it when my supplies arrive, but I am wondering about adding an herb for courage and strength to my jar. He believes that he didn't deserve me and I need him to up his courage but still be dominated in some aspects of our relationship.

Am I doing ok so far? Any advice greatly appreciated :)
Working with gratitude, courage and faith.

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 pm

justbewitched wrote:I started the jar yesterday using organic maple syrup and putting that into a baby food jar because the syrup came in a bottle and didn't have a metal lid. In the jar I wrote the man I want to sweeten's name 3 times in red ink and crossed it 7 times with my name written in black ink. I do not have any oils at this time to anoint my candles so I just burned them as is. It was rather an emergency situation, I believe.

In the petition I included a bit of a tshirt that had his dried semen on it and tied it with one of my hairs. I also included two rose petals. I took out the 3 spoonfuls, sealed the jar and burned a poor quality red candle on top. I have alot of leftover wax, but I figure its ok :) I couldn't finish burning the red candle so snuffed it out over half way down.

I continued the red candle this morning along with a pink birthday candle beside it. The pink candle burned bright, straight and left absolutely no residue and I am taking this as a good sign. The red candle seems to be burning better today and the flame was straight and tall.

I am ordering the necessary oils that I will need and a nation sack kit soon, but I am wondering if I have done enough in this jar as it is to make a start of it working? I will of course continue it when my supplies arrive, but I am wondering about adding an herb for courage and strength to my jar. He believes that he didn't deserve me and I need him to up his courage but still be dominated in some aspects of our relationship.

Am I doing ok so far? Any advice greatly appreciated :)
I am a honey jar newb myself in a way, but I've had one going for almost 2 months ago that works great. The way you did it isn't the way usually instructed, but it doesn't mean it won't work for you. Here is the link to the way taught on this site: http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

If your jar is brand new, I don't think it would be a problem to make a few small changes if you want to, if you want to redo the petition the way stated on that link....also they usually say to match up personal concerns if you can, so since you had his semen on a shirt I think you would match it with your vaginal fluid maybe on a cloth. But, that is up to you, you could keep what you have now and if it works, it works. As for herbs with minimal hoodoo supply, I know rose petals are good, but if you can get other love herbs it would probably be stronger. Before I got better LM supplies, I started with my own rose petals, organic catnip from the pets dept. in a store, and sugar. Even just those worked great and later I added herbs sold purposely for hoodoo. So if you have access to those you could throw those in too!

Also, I have been doing courage work on my guy as well but I actually just use Crucible of Courage oil on my candles on top of the honey jar off and on (as someone recommended here), but someone else would have to answer if courage herbs in the actual jar was a good idea.

Another similarity, I originally started using very low grade candles from the dollar store which burned really messy. Birthday candles burn LESS messy, but my favorite are 4" chime candles. They only take up to 2 hours to burn out and they make minimal mess, if any. Good luck with your jar :)

oh, PS) remember whatever you put in your jar to pray over it! pray over everything stating out loud the intention you want the herb, etc. to have. Once I started doing that, I noticed more results (in all my work). Also, ending all your intentions (I do mine after all are added), say 'in the name of the Father, Son, & Holy ghost, amen". I used to NEVER say it then once I did, again I see more results. One more tip - I found actually reading psalms over the work really does help too! For the Love part, find parts you like from Songs of Solomon. For courage, Psalm 39 is my favorite. These are all the things that go along with hoodoo that I neglected in the beginning but had better success once I started :)

justbewitched

Unread post by justbewitched » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Thank you for the reply :) Except for the herbs and oils, which other instructions did I not follow? I read that semen is the most powerful concern so I figured I didn't need the hair, does that make sense? Also, my 16 year old son picked up my jar and looked into it, should I make a new one?
Working with gratitude, courage and faith.

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:26 am

Thank you both for answering my question. I've wrapped the jars in question and put them away in a safe place so that I can work them again if needed.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Good idea.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”