Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Must We (and How Can We) Keep Rootwork Secret or Invisible?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Re: Must We (and How Can We) Keep Rootwork Secret or Invisible?

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:04 am

To hide your work on someone, put a bay leaf at each corner of the room. You can also do a "five spot" of Bay leaves around your actual work: think a star shape.

For attacking her emotions or mental states, I'd try a skull candle dressed with poppy and black mustard seeds, along with Confusion and Inflammatory Confusion oils. You may want to try working on the candle when she's sleeping, so as to influence her subconcious.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm

MaryBee, once again you come through with simple yet powerful ideas :)

My only suggestion is to dress those Bay Leaves of Invisibility with Law Keep Away, which brings privacy to many more things than just criminal enterprises.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Miss Michaele :) I got the idea of the Bay Leaves from the lovely ConjureMan Ali and Dr. E. :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:17 am

viennayeung --

Whoever told you that burning candles has to be done in secret is ignorant. VERY ignorant. 'Nuff said.

Lee and all, regarding NC: Sorry if i was unclear. When i travelled through NC, the word "hoodoo" was looked upon askance. Of course "spiritual work" and "helping yourself" were okay. The problem seemed to just be about the word "hoodoo."

Years (decades) later, a woman from NC whom i met in Santa Rosa, California, shushed me when i said the word. "Don't CALL it that!" was her annoyed comment. I asked her where she was from and she said, "I'm from North Carolina, and we DO NOT USE THAT WORD."

I have found the same thing more than once in student homework -- some folks from NC prefer to call it "conjure."

So that's been my experience.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

taramaria

Unread post by taramaria » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Personally, this ignorance transcends many spiritual elements. I am a Reader and I have had many clients tell me that they were told by other readers, that if they tell anyone anything about their reading, their predictions won't come true. Ignorant people, spreading BS. And, it is usually people who have no idea, or experience with such matters.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:59 pm

Interesting...and also its provides a level of control.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:36 am

Well, if you can keep quiet about it good. If you want to talk about it it seems to be fine too. Probably all depends on the individual. It is very possible to do conjure/some ritual outdoors with people looking at you as they pass by and the magic still manifests.

IamIsis

Unread post by IamIsis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:22 am

I live in a SMALL town in the midst of the Bible Belt, so everything I do - which is a hodgepodge - I keep to myself. My very best friend knows I do my "rituals", or voodoo, as I call it, but around here, you just cannot let anyone know what you are doing for fear of being branded a "witch" in league with the devil. People are extremely closed-minded here. I am trying to learn more about hoodoo and voodoo, but most of what I do comes by inspiration from my Irish, Scottish, and English blood. I don't know where the inspiration to do what I do comes from except from my venerated ancestors. I am eager to learn more, but I have to do it all in secret. (Although at times I will make a "joke" to a person that If someone aggravates me enough, I'm going to do my "voodoo" on them. I know that noone has yet taken those little comments seriously.)
Any help from ANYONE here in the forums would be MOST appreciated!! Blessings to all!!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 am

IamIsis--

I can sympathize; I've lived in the same little Bible Belt town for most of the last 25 years. When I was a teenager, I made cute comments about the stuff I was practicing, but as I've gotten older, I've learned to appreciate my privacy, both in my work, and in general.

If you're interested in traditional hoodoo, this is the place. Miss cat's free book, Hoodoo in Theory and Practice, covers a lot.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

If you don't have a copy of her print book, Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html

And, she also teaches a course in traditional hoodoo. You can find information about it here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Along with everything else, read through the forum, ask questions. There are professional workers, and amateur practitoners of all skill levels here. There is a lot to be learned, and a lot of good people to learn from.
Two-Headed Doctor

IamIsis

Unread post by IamIsis » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks for all the links!! I'm definitely going to be checking them out and bookmarking them. I do appreciate all help I can get.

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 am

Oh yes, you're absolutely correctly Miss Cat, here in North Carolina the word "hoodoo" is not common. And when it is used it almost always means "evil work".

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

Jerald White

Unread post by Jerald White » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:01 pm

:o OH no... she found out i'm working candles on her! :shock:

what does one do when my ex comes to me and even kicks me out of the friend zone because she finds out about my hoodoo work?

especially because i worked a clarity spell for her... do i backtrack and start working confusion?

I've never had a gf find out about my work, its always been secret.

-J

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 am

oh no...did she see the pics? Remember me telling you I hope she doesn't join any hoodoo websites...

Can you tell her they were healing candles to get through the pain of not having her around? :geek:

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Well, whichever way you decide to go -- when you resume your work, you might make a dollbaby on her just to blindfold it, so she can't see what you're doing.

Miss Michaele

heavenleigh

Unread post by heavenleigh » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:09 pm

My wish has been guessed two times already. Does it mean I should forget about it? Does it mean all spells relating to that wish will not work anymore? I am worrying because I am aware that I should not reveal my wish to anyone.

I would also like to recall a very short experience.
When I was desperately in need, I took a pen and a paper and while I was writing my wish, there was a rush of wind entering the room where I worked. It hit me and I felt like it entered my whole body. It enveloped me. I don't really know how to describe but a rush of wind came over me. Was it a good wind? Or a bad spirit perhaps?

After that, I developed a sense of fear in performing a spell. Why are there spells which need a circle to be cast and why there are those which need not? Is it really necessary to cast a circle?

Lastly, I have a lodestone. It is supposed to be a lucky charm to attract money. I wore it for one month without results so I just hang it beside the bed. Can I re-program it? I mean can I re-use it for another spell?

Thank you so much.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Your question about Lodestones is answered here (http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 pm

heavenleigh wrote:My wish has been guessed two times already. Does it mean I should forget about it? Does it mean all spells relating to that wish will not work anymore? I am worrying because I am aware that I should not reveal my wish to anyone.
This isn't a hard and fast rule in conjure -- which is the tradition this forum is based on. Of course you don't want to talk about putting a spell on someone if there's a chance your target will find out. But otherwise, talking about your spiritual work, especially with people who understand the work, could bring good advice about how to improve your work.

If your wish was "guessed" by people who had no idea you were doing spell work, and no idea you were wishing for anything -- these might have been omens that power was moving in your direction.

Do you do divination for yourself? Why not use it to answer your questions about your magical work?
I would also like to recall a very short experience.
When I was desperately in need, I took a pen and a paper and while I was writing my wish, there was a rush of wind entering the room where I worked. It hit me and I felt like it entered my whole body. It enveloped me. I don't really know how to describe but a rush of wind came over me. Was it a good wind? Or a bad spirit perhaps?
Did your spell bring the desired results?
After that, I developed a sense of fear in performing a spell.
You may need some cleansing and protection work, and to work with Crucible of Courage products.
Why are there spells which need a circle to be cast and why there are those which need not? Is it really necessary to cast a circle?
There's no circle-casting in conjure; that's a Wiccan tradition. This isn't a Wiccan forum, so you'll have to pose this question elsewhere.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

heavenleigh

Unread post by heavenleigh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Dear Miss Michaele,
Thank you so much for your kindest reply. I greatly appreciate it. Your message really helps erase all these clouds on my mind.
It was just that - any casual conversation I was into, there was always a point on which my personal wish was mentioned ( as if they guessed it right). But these people did not know that I was wishing for it so I feel good now. Thank you again.
I do not do divination.
I have launched 2 spells (one for a loadstone and one for a charm bag) without seeing nor feeling any favorable result . All I got was dreaming of dead, dried fishes. Tons of dead fishes, black smoke. Things like that. The loadstone is still with me while the charm bag I already buried.
You are right again, I am convinced that I need some cleansing and protection works. But is it before or after?
I would like to mention, once again, that when I try conjure, there is always a rush of wind getting its way in the room. Why?
One time while waiting for the bus, I recited a Psalm, I felt the rush of wind hitting all over me that I needed to stop.
Honestly, I hope I don't sound crazy, I feel like someone or something is preventing me from achieving my goal. I feel like “someone” is watching me.
And honestly, I would like that you can tell me, that all these are perfectly normal. And it is just on my mind. That I am just elaborating for nothing. So that I can move on educating myself to conjure works.
Thank you so much.

heavenleigh

Unread post by heavenleigh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Thank you jwmcclin, I got my answer already.

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 am

Hi, I am pretty new (just waiting for my first order of supplies, so I haven't done any of the work yet) - so forgive this newbie question! I am wondering, am I right that this work is always done entirely in secret and that you wouldn't tell anyone about it?? I am thinking of situations where I would like to do something to help someone, such as my friend who is suffering a divorce. Cat suggested the black walnut spell (in another thread), but I couldn't really ask him to go through that procedure (because he would think I was crazy, right?). So would I do the black walnut spell myself, but be thinking of him, so that it would apply to him? Or can you really only act an elaborate spell like that on your own behalf?

Another example: I would like to help my daughter find a boyfriend. But can I do a whole spell on her behalf (bathing before dawn, etc.), or does it have to be her that does it? Otherwise, I guess I can burn incense and dressed candles with intention, and no one would know . . . There must be many discreet and secret ways to enact helpful work for others - can you share any that you have done?

Thanks!
"there are no stupid questions" - challenge accepted!

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:24 am

The work is generally done in secret. I wouldn't do the black walnut spell unless YOU were looking to cut yourself off from your friend. You could make a doll baby out of plastic or get a doll that represents him that is washable and make a bath to bathe the dolly in. Instead of Black Walnut (which is a very personal bath)I'd use Separation and Healing products to encourage a peaceful divorce.

I'd encourage your daughter to do spells herself to find a boyfriend, although you lighting candles on her behaf for a nice man to show up wouldn't hurt :)

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi catherinejoan, your thread has been merged into the ongoing thread on spell-casting in secret that has some insights and experiences which may help.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:57 am

Great, thank you both for your good information!

cat ninja heroe

Unread post by cat ninja heroe » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 am

P.S. aura, this is a really good thread! thanks

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:43 am

Hi Dear Friends (New & Old),

So my tarqet and I live toqether, and I realize this may be a difficult question to answer, but my tarqet fount out I have been doinq work on him. He basically seen my Lavender Love Sachets, My Love Me Oils and etc of course. How would you quys influence someone to LET IT GO....everytime we qet into an altercation, he is the type of person to brinq up the past and reflect it upon me. If you all must know, I am tryinq to turn my friendship in to a relationship. So reflectinq on ethics of maqick, what would one do to STOP my tarqet from sayinq and holdinq a qrudqe aqainst "You Do Voodoo Maqick and I seen you hide my photos and blah blah blah". I really don't like him bashinq me like this. I do not want to keep feelinq as if he knows what I do- and because he does know what I do- he may try to either put his quard up or we may fall out so bad- we seperate from our apartment and qo our separate way.

He really sees me in a neqative liqht, and I want to remove that "voodoo" influence from his mind. He will not shut up about "what's luckymojo, I know youre doinq stuff and bad luck on me" and qets all worked up and I tried tellinq him "no" on many occasions, but i'm a bad liar....so He brinqs it up every time we qet in to a deep arque ment, and also he DOES NOT eat my cookinq, he does not sleep with me in the same bed no more, he does not trust me AS MUCH as he used to. Our friendship is veryyy close. This is a real hard situation. So it may be a bit harder to obtain a relationship with him. What would you all recommend? I need for him to drop it from his mind. Basically. I clearly wasn't careful enouqh to hide my lodestones and tricks. So what could I do to remove that from his brain?

-TBanks91
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 am

Hi TBanks91,

Your situation is a difficult one. Until you rebuild the trust that he lost and becomes comfortable with the way you are (since ultimately a relationship works best if he's aware of what you do and accepts that), you may want to back off on the love work and concentrate on mending the friendship.

Getting him to let go of your ''Voodoo Magick'' is probably going to take a while (particularly if his background is anti-magickal), and it will probably go more smoothly if you give him a bit of history on rootwork itself and show him that it is a well anchored practice of Christian African Americans and not related to the practice of Vodoun in any way. You could also explain to him that Vodoun is a widely practiced religion in Haiti and more and more outside of its native country as well, it is not the ''Voodoo Magick'' of bad B movies. Making it a scholarly dissertation and interesting conversation, may let him relax as most fears come from misinformation. As he slowly opens up (this could take a few months), consider showing him a simple lodestone money-drawing trick or teach him to grow/fix a thyme or basil plant to keep his money safe. Make the roots a sharing rather than a secret - it will help bring you closer rather than be an issue that drives you apart.

Product-wise, deploying a combination of the following sachet powders can also help limit the damage and increase the weight your words will have:
1 part Stop Gossip
1 part Influence
1 part King Solomon's Wisdom
1/4 part Crucible of Courage
pinch of John the Conqueror powder, or a drop of the oil

Once things have returned to their prior ease, or come to a more mutually satisfying new one, then slowly begin the love work again and keep it well hid.

Many Blessings and do keep us updated on what transpires.
Aura Laforest

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:59 am

Thank You for your qreat and COMFORTING words Aura- I understand this was a hard question to answer and I could not be more thankful.

That beinq said- I would deploy these supplies in our apartment? In our vehicle? Could I apply INFLUENCE to a Skull Candle workinq? My tarqet does sense that I am betrayinq him as his best friend and he is holdinq this horrible qrudqe by makinq smart remarks such as "You cursed me and I have bad luck" (not true) "And I fount photos of me and my qirl sent to some bitch" (my rootworker I have), and just everythinq. I am a very bad liar. He is very annalytical and wishy-washy (libra's), so this is very difficult and I will one aqain, do another reconciliation workinq.

If I were to teach this man my special conjure of Hoodoo, he would most utterly use it aqainst me, at least I would think OR he may try to play a qame of 20 questions of "what oils were that, what powdery stuff was that, why did you do the stuff you did to me, and etc."

There even may be a possibility he could RUN away from me and never look back. But you realize, like...when workinq on a specific tarqet- and they know what you do, and your tryinq to reach your qoal of your desire- if they were to know about what you are doinq, they would'nt be influenced as much...does that make sense? You would usually think- like:

"If I was beinq worked on, I would do stuff to keep me secure, safe and protected from havinq sex with a man/woman, eatinq his/her spaqhetti or home made qoods, I would instead- take my laundry to the dry cleaners, not have her do it, not sleep with her in any way, shape or form, and I would sleep on my sofa with one eye open." -if it were me or someone who understands what I am sayinq.

But I do think what you said was helpful indeed, and talkinq to him about this will be hard. Because he believes now- that I am a compulsive liar. I know he still loves me, and there may be a possibility of a love connection of course. I do lay tricks in my home, in his clothes, and in our bedroom, I mark my territory from my bath water from the stairs to our apartments- to our bed and sprinkle water and catnip on 4 corners of the bed. I do the most. Now I need him to come home. Because we haven't lived toqether in three months, but we talk and see each other on a reqular basis of course.

Issue #1: Removinq or "acceptinq" hoodoo to him, which is very hard and
Issue #2: Trustinq me and turninq my best friend in to my qay lover....

wow.

-TBanks91

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:36 am

TBanks91 wrote:Thank You for your qreat and COMFORTING words Aura- I understand this was a hard question to answer and I could not be more thankful.
Yes, Aura always gives good and thoughtful advice :)
That beinq said- I would deploy these supplies in our apartment? In our vehicle?
Yes indeed! If you were still living together, I would tell you to spike his grooming and laundry supplies.
Could I apply INFLUENCE to a Skull Candle workinq?
Since he's suspicious and has seen your supplies, farm that work out. If you haven't done so already, collect some of his personal concerns -- his foot track, at least -- and send them to a rootworker you can trust. Even though he's not living with you now, you want him to come back -- so don't have anything in the house that he could walk in on.
...You would usually think- like:

"If I was beinq worked on, I would do stuff to keep me secure, safe and protected from havinq sex with a man/woman, eatinq his/her spaqhetti or home made qoods, I would instead- take my laundry to the dry cleaners, not have her do it, not sleep with her in any way, shape or form, and I would sleep on my sofa with one eye open." -if it were me or someone who understands what I am sayinq.

I do lay tricks in my home, in his clothes, and in our bedroom, I mark my territory from my bath water from the stairs to our apartments- to our bed and sprinkle water and catnip on 4 corners of the bed. I do the most. Now I need him to come home.

Because we haven't lived toqether in three months, but we talk and see each other on a reqular basis of course.
It sounds like you're laying a trail from his front door to yours, correct? If not, that's what you need to do.
Issue #1: Removinq or "acceptinq" hoodoo to him, which is very hard
Best to make sure his eye just slides over your work. Bay leaves in each corner of your workspace and five-spot your "hoodoo closet" with Law Keep Away oil. Things like that.

And if he's really paranoid about hoodoo, he might even be jumpy that your prosperity lodestone altar might be a curse aimed at him. (sigh) I dunno if I could live with someone who freaks out every time I try to help myself.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Miss Michaele Girrl.... It is a hot mess.

So yesterday beinq that it was sunday- It was a coincidence that I moved back in to my apartment because I took sometime out the house to Live with my mom- that I Chinese Washed my home and it was heavenly , I also burned Blessing and Attraction incense to draw prosperous qood luck and Peace water into my home. All of a sudden.... He texts me- sayinq that he will be cominq home. I was low key ecstatic. This was our first niqht toqether in our apartment in three months- since we haven't stayed the niqht here. But there is one problem:

-We do not sleep toqether in the same bed like we used to
-We are not intimate no more, our last sexual act was the end of September '12
-Of course him and his qirlfriend are back toqether and I feel like she is ruininq everythinq.
-He sleeps on the floor or in the livinq room sofa
-He does not like it when I comment or ask him why he is not sleepinq next to me

Would anyone be so kind- to know "what can I do to draw him in to my bed"? I couldn't sleep the whole niqht. It was so uncomfortable & cold to see him not next to me.

Thanks
-TBanks91

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:08 am

Hi TBanks91,

From what you're describing, you have some very tangeable movement - don't lose that by trying to move too fast. Definitely lay Bewitching, Kiss Me Now and Q powders from where he sleeps to your bed. Definitely burn red penis candles on his name and collect his hair and other personal concerns to work with - a moving candle or lodestone spell comes to mind.

But don't talk the situation into a fight. Coming to terms with his own sexuality can take a while and you can best help him do that by spiking his body care products with a trio of King Solomon Wisdom, Clarity and Crucible of Courage.

Keep up the great work, you're getting some amazing results, just give things the time and respect they deserve.
Blessings, Success and Patience.
Aura Laforest

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:09 am

Ok- Aura, THAT'S what I wanted to hear. Your absolutely being very helpful. Before anybody says anything, lol, yes I have two scheduled readings, so OF COURSE I will get to the bottom of all this. I needed to hear what tips or tricks I can use to make this all happen.

Remember....he wont eat my cooking, cause of the "laying of tricks" or if he watches me cook it and help out in the kitchen.

He wont sleep with me, [because 1. his girlfriend knows about our past, and 2. he is scared i may sexually touch him and grab his semen....(he's a DEEP sleeper)]

And he is once again back with his girlfriend and he is having sex with her i'm sure. So I do need his fresh semen to tie his nature to me and have no desire for any other women [or man which I doubt] and tie the string and put it in my FOLLOW ME BOY 3X Hand.

-I think I know what I may have to do, with the 2 cents you gave me Aura & Ms. Michaele. TAHNKS ;)

TBanks91

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 am

TBanks91 wrote:Remember....he wont eat my cooking, cause of the "laying of tricks" or if he watches me cook it and help out in the kitchen.
I wonder if you could spike or dress the raw ingredients before he arrives. At least the packaging. And the pans and utensils and dishes, with your bathwater!

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

MoonSunStar

Unread post by MoonSunStar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:46 am

Hi,
Just wondering if it's ok to light a candle spell when others are around (without them knowing about the spell of course). I'm burning a candle in segments and I have to travel to another city with friends so I'm wondering if I could bring the candle along and light it there. (I'll be staying at a hotel with friends). Thanks!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:17 am

Hi MoonSunStar,

I've merged your post into the existant thread on keeping spell casting secret. It has different opinions, experiences and ideas which may be useful for you. For your candle work, as long as your friends don't know what you're doing, it shouldn't be a problem. You can always say you like it as ''mood lighting'' in the bath or to read ;)

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:12 am

Hi MoonSunStar, I'm sure that you will find plenty of information in this thread to answer your question. Personally, I have found that I have a hard time keeping quiet about my working around other people. If you were going to light a candle in your home around other people no one is really going to notice. There isn't anything odd about lighting a candle. But to take a candle to a hotel room to light is a little strange and your friends might start asking questions. So you need to determine if you can light the candle alone or not talk about what you are doing if your friends start to ask questions.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Colette
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Colette » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 am

If I were in your situation and I must work the candle - I'd tell my friends I'm taking a long bath and burn it in the privacy of the bathroom.

Realistically, though, you'd also have to work on concealing (i.e. wrapping up) your candle properly when others are around. You'd want to make sure you can do that.
HRCC Graduate (#1610G). Tarot reader. Practitioner of Hoodoo and Daoist magic.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:38 am

There is a long standing tradition of burning candles right in your living room and even when people are over, but without them knowing what is going on. Usually the candle holder is fixed before hand with candles burned right in them. I've usually seen this with women who are trying to keep romance alive in their home, but don't want their lovers knowing what the candles are for. This is akin to a name paper or packet placed at the bottom of a container of sugar that is left right out on the coffee table. The spell is right in view, but it just looks like sugar. Same with the candles, it is just candles, lots of people light candles in their homes. It's a way of doing work sneaky-like.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:34 pm

OK, so quick, vague question. Say you HAD to tell someone something about your spellwork. For instance, someone close to me has been urging me to confront an ex that I am trying to reconcile with. She made me promise on a date to talk to him but after getting a reading, I was told that around this time that he would come around. Now this person is holding me to this date, because I pushed back the last date, saying I spoke with a rootworker (I then vaguely explained him as a "psychic" - I didn't want her to get suspicious. To be clear I haven't told her I have been actively working on him) and was told that early/mid September he would contact me - I also told her if I pushed earlier than that, I could potentially push him away forever.

She tells me she has faith for my sake, but could her negative/pessimistic attitude be negatively affecting my work? If so, any suggestions to banish her negativity? I regularly cleanse my house with sage, especially after talking with her.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Good Evening, Purplehippie,
I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you've said.
Who knows about your spell work?
I personally, as a rule, don't tell anybody about my spell work. In fact, I tell nobody, under any circumstances. But some people do and the spell still works (although it's weakened). And, yes, she could be weakening your spell.
I believe we've talked before about double action candles. You might want to use one on her.
Also, Fiery Wall of Protection on you and around (but not touching) your spell work (use a a sachet powder in the room where your spell work is being performed). And I would also use the incense. www.luckymojo.com/fierywallofprotection.html
And for banishing negativity, try this page: www.luckymojo.com/banishing.html
Hang in there.
HRCC Graduate #1631

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks, Miss Aida!

What I am saying is this person (OK, it may or may not be my mother) keeps pushing me to talk to my ex, saying he owes me answers, etc. Just to get her off my back, I told her I would talk to him by mid August. After this agreement, I went on the radio show and had an excellent reading that suggested via geomancy that he would return during the second week of September (this week!)

When my mom bugged me about whether or not I had spoken to him, I told her that I was waiting a little while because I had consulted a psychic that told me not to push him and that mid September looked like a good time for a full on reconciliation. I did NOT tell her I was performing spells. She told me she would keep her fingers crossed, but I know she is skeptic. So my concern was whether her negative energy could be hurting the spellwork. I keep seeing little signs here and there, but so far no monumental movement that would suggest manifestation within the next few days.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Purplehippie,
OK, now I get it!
Sounds like your spell is fine.
Just please don't fret and worry over it. Although it's very easy for me to say this, try to stay calm.
Your Mother wants this man for you, obviously. So, it doesn't sound like her energy is negative toward reconciliation with. It sounds more like her energy is upsetting you.
So, maybe you might want to try some tranquility oil for yourself www.luckymojo.com/oil-tranquility.html
And, the Sage is very good. Keep that up!
Take care and may you get your man back very soon!
HRCC Graduate #1631

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks, Miss Aida - I really needed to hear that! And I will definitely look into tranquility oil!

Elyonai61

Unread post by Elyonai61 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:33 am

Basically, my question is this - I need to break up two people. They're roommates and cousins. One of them is a perpetual leach - I lived in the same apartment as them for awhile, and I honestly think she's spent so long using men that she's become a psychic "vampire" too. Now, I know a lot of people post stuff like this, and would justify this sort of post by saying, "But she's a bad person and he needs to get away from her!"

My case is a bit different because, a) I've had a reading done, and she is using him, and this is the course of action to pursue, and b) we moved to her place because the lease on our old apartment was up and we didn't want to stay, but hadn't found a new one. However, her constant moneyhungryness (is that a word?) and his reasoning that "Well, she's my family," are really, really starting to screw up my plans because everything he saves goes toward her outrageous bills. Now, I know PLENTY of ways to break them apart because she's a loony aging stripper (aka a nutcase). The work that I've done so far to break them apart always seems to implicate me a little bit. He will start getting snippy with me or we won't communicate as much, etc.

So, how can I turn them against each other, get him to move out, and get off clean?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:52 am

Elyonai61: May I ask if you are planning to do this work yourself or get another worker to do it away from the situation?
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Elyonai61

Unread post by Elyonai61 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:32 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Elyonai61: May I ask if you are planning to do this work yourself or get another worker to do it away from the situation?
I am most likely going to do it myself. I wouldn't be averse to having someone else do it, though.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Good Morning, Elyonai61,
You could have an AIRR member do it for you or a Hoodoo Psychic.
Here are the webpages: www.Hoodoopsychics.com
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Hope this helps!
Wishing you the best with your spell work
Take Care!!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Elyonai61 wrote:So, how can I turn them against each other, get him to move out, and get off clean?
Well, you've just answered your own question -- but this is straying from the subject of keeping your work private. You're going to have to take a cleansing bath and clean all the lingering spiritual funk out of your house after you do the work.

You can also mix some Tranquility and Peaceful Home into the laundry and cleaning supplies.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

prayerandwill

Unread post by prayerandwill » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:40 am

This is about a lot of things, but I wanted to address that first. For a while recently, any time I burn a candle on top of my honey jar for my friend-with-benefits, it flares high and flickers and then burns steadily, then repeats, etc.. I know that means that he is aware, on some level, of my work, and that he's likely resisting it. I figured I should just press on. But recently, he seems almost conscious of it when we're together. Today he actually made a sort of joke about a hex bag needing his DNA or something.

He doesn't live with me. He rarely sleeps here. My stuff is all hidden, save some oils, and I use oils for innumerable things, so that's not unusual. What do I do about this? If he knows and is resisting, how do I blind him to my work and crush/move around his resistance?

I'm at a point, unfortunately, where gentle rootwork like honey jars and love-oil-dressed red and pink candles don't feel effective enough. I almost feel like I'm having the opposite effect-- though we just had a fight, and I know I'm not thinking in an unbiased way. The honey jar has made him kinder to me, and, I think, happier with his life-- which is good. But I see him less now than I have for a while. And tonight we had another conversation like many past conversations-- the conversations where he tells me that he and I are friends and he cares about me as a friend, but he wants to see other women and he isn't in love with me.

This has been going on for a while. And the worst of it is that I know he wants to be in love. He was once, and I've seen things of his-- writings, drawings, etc. that he keeps tucked away that make it clear that he misses that feeling. It's described as the best feeling in the world, etc.. I know he wants it. But at the same time, he is desperately resisting it-- or maybe just resisting it with me.

I've been up and down this forum, and I know some of the things that may be suggested. I want to start by saying Cut and Clear or attracting a new lover aren't options I'm going to take, for a lot of reasons that would take too long to explain here. I won't use Love Me or Die spells, but short of that, I'm willing to do anything. Domination, love, commitment, all of it. Any of it. I want him to fall in love with and commit to me. Please, if you can, I do need help. I feel very lost and alone here-- and I have booked a reading soon; I would just like some advice and help in addition to it. Please.
Thank you, St. Jude, for all that you have done on my behalf and all that you have inspired me to do

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:21 am

Hi prayerandwill,

Since primarily what you're asking is how to keep the work secret from this person, I've merged your post into the existing thread on doing just that. You'll find lots of different techniques that are used to keep work hidden. There are even more ideas of that nature for you to consider in this thread: spell-casting-for-invisibility-from-ene ... 2e#p119188 (no he's not an enemy, but he is someone you are working on - a magical adversary in the loosest sense of the word).

And though I won't suggest what you don't want to hear (C&C for example), I will strongly suggest that you set yourself a firm time limit for how long you are willing to work on this person. Because although it is definitely Worth giving things a good hard try, there also comes a point at which you're just letting other opportunities slip away. So be it three months, a year or five years: be honest and specific about just how long you'll give this to blossom.
Aura Laforest

prayerandwill

Unread post by prayerandwill » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Thank you for your advice, Aura; I've got a set time limit on all the work I've been doing, and if there's no sincere progress after that point, I'll look at taking other steps. I was looking for advice on how to proceed with love/domination work that looks like it'll be more difficult than what I'm used to.
Thank you, St. Jude, for all that you have done on my behalf and all that you have inspired me to do

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi prayerandwill,

these threads have some great workings that are a bit more ''coercive'' in nature and may well be adaptable to your uses:

spells-to-force-coerce-dominate-control ... 30e4e8fd4c
spells-to-make-someone-desire-me-or-be- ... 30e4e8fd4c
skull-candle-questions-and-answers-t151 ... 30e4e8fd4c
Aura Laforest

NewBeginnings2014

Unread post by NewBeginnings2014 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 am

I live with my parents and I will be moving out in a couple of months.

I have done some spells before I even found luckymojo and I left some candles behind and she found them and threw them out. She USED TO FORCE to take baths and do all kind of stuff when I was younger, but a year ago or so she became a Christian. Well, now she thinks so high and above and talks crap when she finds my stuff and sees that I am still doing it. Shes always getting on my business, coming into my room and going through my stuff which at my age is insane.

Shes always talking about how I am still doing my "demonic" stuff. But anyways, I ordered the 13 herb bath, 7 and 9 herb baths as well(still waiting for them to get to me). What should I do when she sees me boiling the stuff?

I have a plan to do the baths when shes at work but I would need to wake up at dawn to throw it out at the crossroads. :roll:

I cannot wait to move out on my own because I WILL BE doing so muchhhhhh. :lol:

Ruth
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Ruth » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 am

Pretend you're making tea? Maybe hide the jar of water in your purse and leave with it without her knowing you even have it. If you're moving out soon, maybe just wait and do it when you're gone.

Ruth

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:08 pm

I think you are supposed to do the whole bath thing at dawn or right before. Is there only 1 bathroom in the house? Maybe you could do everything before your Mama gets up.

Also, hoodoo is Christian - not demonic. You are saying prayers and reading psalms for goodness sakes. Perhaps your Mama does not understand this?

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Sorry, forgot to add: when you are boiling it, tell her it is an herbal bath mixture for your health... which is true because it is for your spiritual health. Offer some to use in her bath if she seems interested.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

NewBeginnings2014, you can also boil some bay leaves and stir in some Stop Gossip and Law Keep Away bath crystals. Take a bath with them and add a little of the bathwater to the family laundry and cleaning products, and your own grooming products. This will allow you to slide under your mother's radar and keep her quiet.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 pm

I have never thought to hide my things from my girls. They are extremely proud of who I am. lol
They tell their friends that I cast spells.

When I have a spell going, I won't tell them exactly what I'm doing but a general idea of what it is. They have access to all my spiritual books and I actively encourage them.

Both my exes were non believers but they would accept me. They never really asked and never were negative, aside from a roll of the eyes. But My Love who I am working on right now actually supported me and my ways. I never really hid what I was doing even if they were general explanations I gave... This spell is for love, this spell is for peace, this spell is to banish, etc.

I count myself extremely lucky.

Mrs Black Indian
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mrs Black Indian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Shantilly Lace wrote:I have never thought to hide my things from my girls. They are extremely proud of who I am. lol
They tell their friends that I cast spells.

When I have a spell going, I won't tell them exactly what I'm doing but a general idea of what it is. They have access to all my spiritual books and I actively encourage them.

Both my exes were non believers but they would accept me. They never really asked and never were negative, aside from a roll of the eyes. But My Love who I am working on right now actually supported me and my ways. I never really hid what I was doing even if they were general explanations I gave... This spell is for love, this spell is for peace, this spell is to banish, etc.

I count myself extremely lucky.

Shantilly Lace that is so wonderful for you - you are BLESSED that you do not have to hide your works!!! :D
Blessings!
Thank You Saint Martha Dominator Lubana!!!

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you Mrs Black Indian. I am blessed.

ConjuringCat

Unread post by ConjuringCat » Tue May 20, 2014 9:31 am

I made the mistake of trying to explain to my roommate about my hoodoo practices but I feel like she just doesn't understand. I've explained to her time and time again that I only practice 'white
Magic' for the lack of a better term and its only used to draw good luck, and blessings etc. But shes convinced i'm going to summon demons or something!

Also a lot of what I do involves candle that are best left burning constantly, as an employee and a student i can't monitor it 24 hours a. Day so i put them in the oven. They are glass encased candles that have burned nearly half way down I tried to explain to her that this is safe (its a ventilated oven and its electric) and shes convinced im going to burn the apartment down!

Im at my wits end, she is my best friend but lately the relationship has been strained due to her getting a boyfriend and choosing to spend time with him even when we have made plans. The spells im working are supposed to help me come to terms with these feelings and draw new opportunities/relationship so that i don't constantly feel abandoned and lonely and I seriously feel like shes hindering this.

I don't want to damage a longterm and mostly good relationship over this but I cant continue the way ive been either.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”