Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

kyanite

Re: Deities, Angels, Spirits, Saints: Questions about Techniques

Unread post by kyanite » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Wow such awesome information. I thought St Peter was only for opening doors but I learn such awesome new things on this site through wise people. Thank you,I am asking the saints and waiting on my answers,although I know I dont think I have to wait on an answer from Jesus. Thank you and blessings to all of who are sharing their advice!

Cheshanna

Unread post by Cheshanna » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello. I've tried searching but didn't come up with an answer to my query.

Do you inscribe the candles you use when working with saints and, if so, what do you write on the candle - is it the name of your target (I'd doing reconciliation/love work)?

Thanks

Anna

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:10 pm

I personally don't. I usually write a petition stating somethin glike "Please help me get a new job" or "Please dominate my boss to give me more hours" then I put that petition under the candle. But if you are using a regular candle (not a vigil light) then you can carve your target's name and what you are asking for such as "please bring him back to me" I think its definitely okay to do that.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

melimel

Unread post by melimel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:31 pm

But here is a question..
Can you light a candle for each saint with their figure on the candles and petition them all at the same time for the same thing?

Example Im trying to get employment can I petition St Jude, St Joseph, St Anthony, St Expedite all to help me get the same goal? I would say a prayer for each of them as needed (their specific prayers) but light their candles on the same day rather than different days.
St jude I read was Sunday, St Anthony is Tuesday, St Expedite is Wednesday and I havent found the day yet for St Joseph or his specific prayer...
Would it be okay to light all 4 candles on a Sunday?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:12 pm

I would get some kind of divination first to see if they are all willing to help you on what you want to petition for.

And if they are all wiling to help then yeah you could petition all of them for the same thing.

st joseph day would be sunday.

I mean you could call upon them anytime, but I make sure to light their candles on their individual days.

melimel

Unread post by melimel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:57 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:I would get some kind of divination first to see if they are all willing to help you on what you want to petition for.

And if they are all wiling to help then yeah you could petition all of them for the same thing.

st joseph day would be sunday.

I mean you could call upon them anytime, but I make sure to light their candles on their individual days.
Is there a specific or special prayer used for st Joseph? I cant seem to find one on here.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:10 am

Flora
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Flora » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:51 am

I have two Saints that I love working with and I use all types of colored candles depending on my request. I do write the name of the Saint on the candle along with my name. I like to hold my candle and a petition card in my hands while I say my prayer for whatever I am asking help with. I place the card under my candle holder then when I light my candle I tell the Saint I am petitioning "This light is love to you for all your help thank you."
Certified Graduate #1658
"A wise woman will make more opportunities than she finds."

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I use petition papers under candles, whether vigil light or taper (the tapers being in candlesticks, of course).

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm

What's the best way to work with St. Dymphna? Today I ordered a SD card and candle, so how should I prepare my altar to work with her and what Psalm or Bible verse would work best with it? Specifically I'm dealing with depression and PTSD right now.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:12 am

Hi Luckbewithme876,

the following forum thread has some excellent advice on how to work with St-Dymphna: working-with-saint-dymphna-t4448s30.html; it has a prayer to St-Dymphna (post by Literary Lioness) that is quite beautiful.

Blessings to you.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:27 am

Thanks for the help. :)

EDIT: Actually the link didn't work for me. Could you post the information here?

Blessings to you too.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:47 am

Hi,

here's the post I was referring to:
Literarylioness wrote:Take a good salty bath with baking soda. If you have any bay leaves, put one in the tub with you. This will begin the cleaning process. As you are bathing, read Psalms 23 and 35. After you have soaked, take a white egg and run it DOWN your body, NOT up. As you leave the bath, walk between two white candles. If you have some olive oil, anoint the candles with olive oil. Even if they are just white birthday candles on the tub rim.

Take the some of the bath water, the bay leaf, and the egg to a tree off your property and throw them at the tree. Throw the egg REALLY hard against the tree and imagine all your problems going away. Do this before dawn and walk away without looking back.

To get help from St. Dymphna, get a white vigil candle and for 9 days straight say the following prayer:
Prayer to St. Dymphna
Lord, my God, you chose St. Dymphna as heavenly patron
of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders.
Through her prayers grant in your loving kindness
relief and consolation to all who are emotionally disturbed,
and especially for (your petition here)
Through the merits of St. Dymphana, Virgin and Martyr,
graciously accord to those for whom we pray patience
in suffering and resignation to your divine will.
Fill them with the gifts of your Holy Spirit,
and obtain for them health in mind and body.
We ask this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen

After your 9 continuous days of prayer, find a charity in her name and give an offering of whatever you can.

Take care,

Mary
Aura Laforest

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks for the help. :)

melimel

Unread post by melimel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 am

Thank you stars
One more question what does one pay to st joseph if he answers the prayers?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 am

Melimel,

It is a common practice to offer charity to the poor in the name of Saint Joseph, or to donate to any charity, hospital, or church which bears his name.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

melimel

Unread post by melimel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:59 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Melimel,

It is a common practice to offer charity to the poor in the name of Saint Joseph, or to donate to any charity, hospital, or church which bears his name.
Ahh thank you so much Cat for the quick response!
I recently found a page where Bri had made a link to all the saints and what they cant be petitioned for. However is there such a page that has a list of what to pay them? I go to their specific pages you have on here but sometimes Do not see the specifics of what to pay them, candle color or day to light them.

Is there a page somewhere here on LM that lists the specifics to this or should I just continue to do google searches when neeed? The thing I hate about the google searches is sites always give different days/prayers or candle colors. I like to come here for everything ;-)

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Is it okay to petition a Saint on a day not designated as "their day"? St Joseph or St Expedite or St Jude. Thanks
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:39 am

Hi BestofLife,

Saints will listen any day of the week. If you can wait until their day, great - even better - but work when the need is there. As long as you thank them properly (like a good friend!), they'll be there all the time (like a good friend ;) )
Aura Laforest

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 am

Thanks Aura! Was thinking that but wasn't sure. My work with Saints is limited. I may get that book everyone keeps talking about.

Great notion of the good friend.
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

What's the best way to work with St. Lazarus. I have some scars to get rid of.

Also I know St. Expedite likes pound cake and flowers as his offering. But how do I actually make the offering? Should I place it on the altar when petitioning him and then bury it in my front yard?

Forest_Roots

Unread post by Forest_Roots » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Well I would point out firstly that "djinn" is arabic and in the most common tongue just means spirit. They can be good or bad. I would advise you to get rid of it, no spirit should think it can just wander up to you. It is however your life and should you choose to not send it off, which I still advise, you will have to learn it's name. Make it know you are the boss and so on. It cannot be permitted to do whatever it chooses, that could get....well, complicated.

Either way good luck
Reverend Josh
Head of the Temple of the Silver Circle
A Traditional Witchcraft Coven

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Jinji
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jinji » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks to both of you,

It has been many months now and I have not felt the presence as strongly as before, but I do in fact think it is still here. Miss Tammie Lee you are correct, I should get a reading. I will do so and update this thread in the future. Thanks again for your replies.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Please don't go around trying to boss djinn. It is the quickest way to get your ass handed to you. Modern man's ego really is something. Unless you truly have spiritual authority either through a form of spiritual intiation, or through your connection to spirit, going around trying to boss spirits around or trying to exert a false authority will land you in trouble quite quickly.

Thank you to TammieLee for finding those links. In the link provided I give practical advice on how to handle djinn for the person who noticed a difference immediately after employing my advice.

If the djinn is dangerous you can use what is written there, if not then trying to drive it off is making an enemy for no reason.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Jinji
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jinji » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Conjure Man Ali,

Thanks for your post. I've actually been to your site a few times looking to see if you are offering a course on this type of being. But I will say that before going there, I will get a reading. I am sensing something and the fact is that I didn't really "consciously" think of a djinn until last fall. And I mean, prior to this I never even considered their existence one way or the other. I'm certainly not the type to boss people and I loved your post. Even if there were some spiritual authority/initiation here, I would not think to harness it to try and drive away this being. All I get is the vibe of wanting to help.

I am planning on attending the workshop in May, but am also looking forward to any course that you might offer in this arena.

bedatcheeky80

Unread post by bedatcheeky80 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:42 am

Hi, I need some direction.

A few years back (probably about 8 years) I heard of contacting your Spirit Guides through meditation but when I began to meditate, I started to see horrible demonic images. I could for the life of me understand why it happened and because no one could help me, I stopped meditating. I'm a Charismatic Catholic and was told that spirit guides are unreliable and unholy. I couldn't continue with the technique anymore.

Is there a reason why I'm seeing these images when I'm meditating? Although I've read about Spirit Guides I need first hand knowledge from true practitioners who can assist me. I am writing here because I know I can get authentic answers from true practitioners who know what they are talking about.

I have read a bit about spirit guides, but I need someone who can give me an account of their experiences with them. I need to know if you can choose your Spirit guides and is there any way you can discern if they are good or bad spirits.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:34 am

The term Spirit Guides generally is used by members of Spiritualist churches, although it has been borrowed for use in more secular systems of practice as well.

To learn more about Spirit Guides, i suggest that you first read up on the history and practice of Spiritualism. We have some pages on this religion (of which i myself am a member) at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers site. If you click on these links and read the articles you may see where Spiritualism is coming from.

Category:Working Within the Spiritualist Tradition
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _Tradition

Category:Mediumship
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Mediumship

Category:Spirits and Spirit Guides
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... rit_Guides

List of Spiritualist Organizations
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/L ... anizations

Lucky mojo makes three lines of products specifically aimed toward enhancing spiritual practice in a Spiritualistic or Spiritistic context, lthough they are completely secular in presentation and my be used by anyone, regardless of denominational adherence. . They are as follows:

OIL-HOO-INDI
Indian Spirit Guide Oil
$6.00

OIL-HOO-SPIR
Spirit Guide Oil
$6.00

OIL-HOO-PSYC
Psychic Vision Oil

$6.00

However, this is a religious matter, so it is essentially off-topic for discussion here.

Religious beliefs are personal, familial, and/or cultural and are not universally shared, even among all professing adherents of any given religion. We do not discuss people's religious beliefs in this forum because this is a forum for the study and practice of folk-magic.

Thanks for understanding.
catherine yronwode

bedatcheeky80

Unread post by bedatcheeky80 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 am

Thank you so very much Miss Cat. I'm definitely taking my time to familiarize myself with the information you have given me. Though it is something I believe I am still 'not ready' for, at least I'm not kidding myself and throwing caution to the wind and jumping head on to something that needs considerable preparation on my part. :D

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:15 am

Sounds like you have a workable plan bedatcheeky80.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

bedatcheeky80

Unread post by bedatcheeky80 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:41 am

Thank you jwmcclin. :) I truly believe it is a responsible thing to do, I do not want to delve into spiritualism without first knowing I have the capacity to do so. To me, this isn't 'hocus pocus', CM Ali in his reading for me told me that due to my spiritual gifts, there's a natural tendency for spirits to be drawn to me but I first need to establish a protective ground than make way to practice my gift. I'm just following his advice :D Thanks for the support everyone, it always helps. :D :D

dance

Unread post by dance » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi

I am in Terrible need!!!

My ex husband is involved with a Morricain sorceress witch gypsy!!!

She wants my destruction!!!

She wants to kill my Son for money after my Exs death!

She holds all money (millions)!!

She has cursed me with Islamic curses Jinn demons!

No one can Help!!

Can you help!!

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 pm

I would suggest contacting ConjureMan Ali at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ureMan_Ali

He is known for dealing with Djinns and Middle Eastern sorcery.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

dance

Unread post by dance » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank you for your suggestions!

I Need One -On - One personal cleansing
who out there Does exorscise djin, evil spirits

all of on going Ritual work from Morrocain Gypsy
her ppint is my Death so I cannot sustain all these curses and spirit tortureing

I don't need a candle to Uncross me but Trap all involved!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!

bedatcheeky80

Unread post by bedatcheeky80 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Mary is right. Consult CM Ali.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 am

I agree with the recommendation of CM Ali. If you can I would get some fiery wall of protection going for you and your son going. You can have a candle lit by the Missionary Independent Spiritual Church (MISC).

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html

dance

Unread post by dance » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I have been cursed by my ex husbands morrocain sorrcess. she got him. we divorced. She stole my only son away from me for 7 years.

She controls all my sons trust money. her name [DELETED -- BOARD MODERATOR]. so now that I am cursed and destitute I have the further burden to find Money to get Help to free me of all the curses !! How do you do this!! Find the money to be free? Loose everything once again to be free from the torment?

Do I sell my soul ..for some elses easier to destroy me? What is the way out without money!!!! Or do you die under the curse?

kyleskonjure

Unread post by kyleskonjure » Sat May 12, 2012 7:20 am

I've never worked with spirits, saints, or anything, but I'm very interested in working with angels, how would I go about getting started in this area?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 am

Prayer - just starting praying to the angels you wish to work with. If you wish, you could also get a dressed candle dedicated to them, and make a small altar space devoted to them. But really all you need is prayer.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:38 pm

I have posted a novena to the thirteen blessed souls that I had used twice with great success, though 8 months apart. The first time I used it, I had results even before the novena was completed. The second time, it took about 2 to 3 weeks before I saw the result. I am contemplating attempting it once more for a matter that is completely different from the first two.

The question I have is would attempting it now be concidered rude, seeing as how my second evocation just completed not too long ago? I like this novena because it worked. But I don't want to annoy the Saints by making myself seem overly needy, however I do need help. Could I employ it once more, or should I ask for help from another Saint?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 am

I really don't see how you could "annoy" saints with a novena. It even says in the Bible, through a parable of Jesus, that the more you ask of God the more He will be inclined to give it to you. I'm referring to the parable of the widow who kept bugging the judge to settle her case, and he got so tired of her (he was not a nice guy) that he settled it in her favor. Jesus then said "How much more will your Father in heaven give to you if you ask it?"

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:54 pm

The 13 blessed do no have to answer each and every request. This goes for other saints as well. In addition, it may take longer for them to work on your situation as well. So the best thing to do is perhaps get a check up reading to see if they want to work with you on this particular manner, and perhaps there may be something else they want you to do.

www.readersandrootworkers.com

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:45 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote: perhaps there may be something else they want you to do.
A reading can tell you that..?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 am

The parable about the persistant widow is found in Luke 18:1-8.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun May 20, 2012 11:05 am

A reading can tell you that..?
Divination, devotion, and prayer can, yes.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:19 pm

strange, why was my second post edited?

Anyway, I am 7 days into this novena. weird things are going on, so i might just get that reading.

Cheers, everyone

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:39 am

You're post was probably edited because you went against the board rules, or for clarity reasons. In any case, I hope everything works out for you.

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:16 pm

How would one work with Saints in conjunction with their spells?

For example, last night I lit a red candle next to my st.expedite framed photo and a glass of water, then proceeded to my skull candle ritual, when I was done with that I turned back to St.Expedite and prayed to him to help expedite what I just tried to get from my skull candle.

Would that be correct?
Do I pray to the saints before , during or after my rituals?

Is praying to a saint candle magic all in itself?

Do you think the saints you have on your alter see you doing your rituals and already know what you are asking from them or do you need to repeat what you want when directly praying to them?

Let's say I wanted to ask two saints for help, would I light a candle for both saints and then proceed to my skull candle?

And finally which Saint would be most helpful for bringing back my friend who is angry with me? I need a miracle lol. All I'm asking is for a accidental run in with him so we can talk.

And yes, I'm waiting for my email response regarding this matter from an Airr reader that I should get this weekend :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I would petition Saint Anthony ( http://www.luckymojo.com/saintanthony.html )

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Ditto jwmcclin, Saint Anthony.

I ask Saint Anthony openly for help. Saint Anthony is one of the Saints I work with on a daily basis. At any given time, I am giving thanks to Saint Anthony, All three Saints and Arch Angels Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel, Saint Cyprian, Saint Jude and the list goes on and on. When you are working with the Saint, you can feel the Saint. Saint Anthony is gentle and you can feel the interaction when you are working.

http://www.luckymojo.com/saintanthony.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatstatuary.html

Good luck and take care!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks for helping me decifer which saint woud be best to work with :) Now that my skull candle burned down should I still continue to pray to the saints?

Any insight on my other questions? :? Was the way I went about my prayers okay? I have been working my skull candle and praying to the saint I chose after???

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Its your choice in terms of in what order... although some Saints may take offense. Saint Anthony is very approachable, so working after is fine, if you feel the need to continue the prayer... follow your intuition.
We all know the power of prayer, for additional support in your prayers; post a prayer at the Crystal Silence League for the return of your friend. http://crystalsilenceleague.org/prayerrequests.html

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 pm

[quote="phonehappy"]How would one work with Saints in conjunction with their spells?

I simply do as you did below with st.expedite. I will write them a simple petition and ask them to help me in what I need their help on. So for example, if I am doing money work and want additional help from St. Expedite, I write him a petition to help bring it to me quickly. You can put that work before the saint you choose to work with.

For example, last night I lit a red candle next to my st.expedite framed photo and a glass of water, then proceeded to my skull candle ritual, when I was done with that I turned back to St.Expedite and prayed to him to help expedite what I just tried to get from my skull candle.

Would that be correct? That is fine.
Do I pray to the saints before , during or after my rituals? This is a matter of preference. You can do it on their particular day, which in saint expedite case is Wednesday (some say Thursday). Or you can pray to them as long as you are working on the work OR you can continue to pray to them even after you complete the work. It is up to you.

Is praying to a saint candle magic all in itself? Yes. I know some people who work with saints alone to get movement in their situation. I know I have especially when it comes to protection.

Do you think the saints you have on your alter see you doing your rituals and already know what you are asking from them or do you need to repeat what you want when directly praying to them? I write a petition to them. I have them working on all sorts of things and for all kinds of clients. But in your case, I would take the time to write them a petition and ask them to aid you in your work.

Let's say I wanted to ask two saints for help, would I light a candle for both saints and then proceed to my skull candle? You can see above. Before working with saints you need to see if they want to aid you, and you need to build a relationship with them. And make sure you are properly petitioning them and thanking them.

And finally which Saint would be most helpful for bringing back my friend who is angry with me? I need a miracle lol. All I'm asking is for a accidental run in with him so we can talk.

You need to get a reading to see if any saint wants to aid you in this situation. I would go with Saint Anthony as well in this case.

phonehappy

Unread post by phonehappy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the info Stars! I can always count on you for a great answer :)

Jwmcclin- Thanks so much for telling me about the Crystal silence League, I went there and asked for prayers. Not about this situation but another situation and I have been getting emails telling me that people are praying for me. I honestly think It's helping me feel better :)

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to answer

silverspoon22

Unread post by silverspoon22 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi, am still a little confused, some one please answer this question when offering a gift to saint Anthony do i do it during the work or after the request has been granted? and is the coffee offered in liquid form as a drink or placed as with the use of tobacco in court cases?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Usually the gifts are given after the spirit has come through for you (especially if that is the payment you promised once the work is done) and use liquid coffee. Just a regular mug full will do.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Awarewolf

Unread post by Awarewolf » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

I've been dealing with depression issues for most of my life. While I am in no danger of harming myself or others, I recently had a revelation of sorts. It's the type of feeling that I can only equate with what must feel like a spiritual awakening or "call" to others of the more Western Southern Baptist faith (in which I was raised, but it terrified me).

I now carry a self-made gris-gris and have felt and seen the benefits to a large extent. Others have also noted the change, saying that the "old/real me" is back. This is also coming at a time during my life in which my marriage is somewhat "on the rocks", largely due to a new-found sense of confidence.

In researching the hoodoo traditions, I came across a latter-day loa known as Dr. John or Father John, who is known for his ability to heal. This loa calls to me and, while this is a time of great spiritual re-awakening for me, it feels good and right in a way that I haven't felt for years.

I've been unable, however, to find any sigil or graphical representation of this loa. I'd like to pay tribute, but want to know more about this guiding force.

Might anyone be able to help? Has anyone had a similar experience?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry, this forum is about hoodoo, not Voodoo loas.

You may have us confused with another forum or another tradition. There have been several root workers called Doctor John. One lived in New Orleans. But root doctors don't have "sigils."

I think either you are unfamiliar with African American folk magic or you have been reading fantasy-magic on the internet. I wish i could help, but the best i can do is to recommend that you stop reading web sites for a while and if hoodoo attracts you, you can read some books on the actual folklore of Black Americans that were written before the internet existed. For starters, try "Folk Beliefs of the Southern Negro" by Newbell Niles Puckket. Also, try listening to older blues music about conjure. I have a whole pile of such material at my Blues Lyrics and Hoodoo web site, along with mp3s for some of the public domain material, here:

http://luckymojo.com/blues.html

On the other hand, you might actually think you are being called to hoodoo but are really being called to Haitian Voodoo -- in fact, your Baron Samedi avatar and your mention of loas with sigils (called veves in Voodoo) seems to point in that direction.. In that case, do a web search for the old-time material on Voodoo from before the internet fantastists got into it, like, for instance the book "Secrets of Voodoo" by Milo Rigaud, or films like "Divine Horsemen - Voodoo Gods of Haiti" by Maya Deren (portions are on youtube for free). After you get deeply enough into those, you will be better educated and will also be immune to internet fantasies of faux Voodoo and "latter day loas", and most particularly the false belief that either the Voodoo of Benin, Africa, or the Voodoo of Haiti has a direct impact upon the folk magic of African American people, which is called hoodoo, conjure, rootwork, tricking, witchcraft, and other similar terms.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

MidsouthGuy

Unread post by MidsouthGuy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:33 pm

I'm beginning to explore Haitian Vodou, and would like some advice on how I should approach "hot" spirits, particularly Met Kalfou and Baron Kriminel. I know they aren't spirits to be approached lightly or on a whim, but I would like to know what to do should I ever have cause to seek them out, or if they approach me.

Thank you in advance to anyone and everyone who responds!

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:00 pm

This is a forum for the use of Lucky Mojo products in hoodoo. Hoodoo is a magical practice based in Afro American Protestant Christianity. It has nothing to do with Haitian Vodou. I would suggest that you go to a Houngan (priest) or Mambo (priestess) for a reading as to which lwa walk with you, and learn how to serve them that way.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”