Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Evil Eye Protection Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
justv

Evil Eye Protection Amulets, Charms, Talismans, Jewelry

Unread post by justv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:32 am

I want to purchase a small charm of The Hamsa. Also, whats the best way to wear it -- on a chain or colored rope? Around my neck or wrist? Thank you!

V

Turnsteel

Re: Evil Eye Protection

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 am

LuckyMojo has a wide selection of charms for protection of the Evil eye. You can see there Amulets here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html, as for how to wear it, I have no idea if it matters. I've never had occasion to need a charm like that but I'm sure someone here will be able to tell the best way to wear it.

Hope that helps

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 pm

We sell many styles of hamsa hand charms, in everything from glass to stamped metal to filligree. There is no one way to wear such a charm -- although in my experience the most popular ways are as a necklace or on a key ring.

AMU-EGY-HAMK Amulet Egypt Filligree Metal Hamsa Hand Key Ring, Blue Cabochons, Anti-Evil Eye $6.00

AMU-EGY-HAMP Amulet Egypt Blue Stamped Metal Hamsa Hand Sm. Pendant, Anti-Evil Eye $4.00

AMU-EGY-HAMW Amulet Egypt Blue Stamped Metal Hamsa Hand Wall Hanger Anti-Evil Eye

AMU-EGY-PHHC Amulet Egypt Blue Ceramic Hamsa Anti-Evil Eye Wall Plaque $5.00

AMU-EGY-PHHL Amulet Egypt Blue Ceramic Large Hamsa Anti-Evil Eye Wall Plaque $9.00

AMU-ISR-HAML Amulet Israel Enamel Metal Hamsa Hand Wall Hanging with Blessing Prayer $18.00

AMU-ISR-HAMS Amulet Israel Enamel Metal Hamsa Hand Keychain, large $8.00

AMU-ISR-HAMT Amulet Israel Enamel Metal Hamsa Hand Keychain, small $6.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

justv

Unread post by justv » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Thank you! :D

V

tisha

Unread post by tisha » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 pm

i find it depends where you need the protection.
i keep a blue eye (traditional greek evil eye charm) glued to a small mirror hidden on the outside of my home and another from my rear view mirror.
a necklace would be good if you feel the need most at the office or walking around.
namaste.

justv

Unread post by justv » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:10 am

Thank you :D I'm going to place an order soon for a couple of the amulets at LM. I plan to wear one on a necklace, hang on from the mirror in my husband truck and my car and also put one outside the house. Thanks again for all the responses :)

V

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Check out some of the tiny eyes and eye in hand from Turkey (they're not Hamsa, but still evil eye protection) that can be sewn on clothes too, for your kids, V. I am going to get some of those for my whole family and to save a lot of sewing, I am going to get the bent tiny safty pins for buttons that you don't want to wash.

Astrophel

Evil Eye Amulets and Jewelry Questions and Answers

Unread post by Astrophel » Sun May 03, 2009 9:41 am

I got one of the evil eye protection bracelets from Lucky Mojo (the rainbow-colored one), and put it on my right wrist. I am certain of this. I had my reasons for putting it on that wrist. It's been on my wrist for about a week and it was on my right hand. I never took it off...I certainly would have remembered if I did because it was so hard to get on in the first place! (It took me about an hour.)

A few minutes ago, I looked down and it was on my left wrist. It had been on the right just a few minutes before; I remember because I was washing my hands. Suddenly it's on the left. I am really, really freaked out about this right now because there's no way in hell I took it off and put it back on. I was busy cleaning when I noticed it switched wrists. What on earth?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Extremely weird experience!

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 am

I don't know what to tell you. But you have an evil eye bracelet and they are used for protection, so whatever is happening, I would assume that it has to do with protecting you.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

loveliesbleeding

Unread post by loveliesbleeding » Sat May 16, 2009 5:16 pm

Wow, if i'm not mistaken these are the bracelets from turkey yes? Did your bracelet come with annointing oil or instructions or was it consecrated before being sent to you at LM?

Astrophel

Unread post by Astrophel » Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm honestly not sure if these are from Turkey or pre-consecrated.

Fay2

Evil eye charms

Unread post by Fay2 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 pm

I am curious about the use of evil eye charms. I am wondering if the use of one is to stop jealousy or just the effects of jealousy on you from jealous types. I was sort of under the impression that the "effect" was the evil eye issue not the jealous person themself so that would lead me to think the person is left alone, jealous feelings and all intact, and the wearer of the charm is just unaffected by their issues.

Could someone tell me if I have this right or correct me if I'm wrong?

Thanks,
Fay

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Evil eye charms

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 29, 2009 9:26 am

You are correct -- apotropaic charms against the evil eye are meant to turn aside, reflect, or bounce off the effects of jealousy. They are not curses against the jealous person, who may not be a bad person, just momentarily envious.
catherine yronwode

Fay2

Unread post by Fay2 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 pm

Thank you! I wanted to be sure. As aweful as it sounds sometimes a little jealousy can be a good thing in some situations.

lucky7clover

Unread post by lucky7clover » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:44 pm

I think that the focus should be on the symbolism of the different hands. Are you right handed or left handed? Also, you receive with your left hand and you give with your right. That is why during graduation ceremonies you receive the degree with your left and shake with your right. So the left hand is significant. Perhaps, you weren't getting the full effect from the bracelet on your right hand. And I'm pretty sure that they came directly from Turkey.

lmlvr

Unread post by lmlvr » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Let's say if I wanted to wear a different jewelry for a social occasion, can I still get the same protection if I kept it in my pocket..?

lmlvr

Unread post by lmlvr » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Also, if I have a photo of me with a mirror on the background, will it help to bounce off negative energies viewed by individuals?

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am

I've heard you always had to receive evil eye charms and bracelets as gifts.. you couldn't buy them for yourself.. is that true?

Silverpony

Unread post by Silverpony » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

On the same subject, I've always kind of wondered if people born with blue eyes have built-in protection against jealousy.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Silverpony wrote:On the same subject, I've always kind of wondered if people born with blue eyes have built-in protection against jealousy.

Hahaha no. Most of my family is blue-eyed in one shade or another and we're just as susceptible.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Silverpony wrote:On the same subject, I've always kind of wondered if people born with blue eyes have built-in protection against jealousy.
Actually I have read that in culture where blue eyes were not the norm blue eyed people were thught to inflict the evil eye on others, of course the books may have been off base but it makes scene to me.

Diolynn

Broken Evil Eye

Unread post by Diolynn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:11 am

Currently I am staying at my mothers house for the summer, and my mother has a large collection of Turkish evil eyes from her travels to the country. About a month ago, my boyfriend at the time knocked the an evil eye off of the entrance to our home and broke it. A few days later my boyfriend had serious doubts about our relationship and suddenly decided he wanted to leave me for someone else he just met the day before. My question is, can a broken evil eye have influence this type of event (our breaking up)? If so, what can I do to fix the situation of a broken evil eye and its implications on my life?

I will just say flat out the relationship i had with my now ex boyfriend was flawless. We never fought, we had good communication, and we had been together for sometime and planned to stay together. Like I said above, all of a sudden the next day after breaking the evil eye he wanted to leave with no earlier warning signs and the girl he ran off with he had just met the next day after breaking the eye. I see no reason for him to have run off so suddenly, thats why it's important for me to understand the implications of a broken evil eye on the situation.

Thanks for any input!

cabriellenil

Re: Broken Evil Eye

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:47 am

How did you guys dispose of the broken evil eye?

Have you considered talking to a good spiritual worker/reader about this? Which is what I'd do straight away if if I were you. It's too big and complex a situation for us folks here to 'guess', and you'd need some rather detailed insights from divination.

Diolynn

Unread post by Diolynn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 am

I haven't disposed of it yet because it's not mine to dispose of and it's my mothers favorite so despite my attempts she doesn't want to get rid of it. Which creates somewhat of an issue. Any specific disposal methods? I may be able to convince her to dispose of it. It's just my spiritual beliefs are different from hers adding to the situation. I am very new when it comes to this stuff, but I have been researching and trying to expand my knowledge.

I have made an appointment with a spiritual reader for this coming Friday. I have never spoken with a spiritual worker before, but I am hoping it will help.

I appreciate the feedback.

cabriellenil

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 am

I'd say wait till the consultation. I sent you a PM as well.

Diolynn

Unread post by Diolynn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:10 am

Thank you very much!

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Diolynn wrote:I haven't disposed of it yet because it's not mine to dispose of and it's my mothers favorite so despite my attempts she doesn't want to get rid of it. Which creates somewhat of an issue. Any specific disposal methods? I may be able to convince her to dispose of it. It's just my spiritual beliefs are different from hers adding to the situation. I am very new when it comes to this stuff, but I have been researching and trying to expand my knowledge.

I have made an appointment with a spiritual reader for this coming Friday. I have never spoken with a spiritual worker before, but I am hoping it will help.

I appreciate the feedback.
Since the Evil Eye was not yours, the boyfriend situation has nothing to do with it. Having a broken Evil Eye talisman is not helpful to have around though. If there are a collection of Evil Eye talisman around, a broken one will not be that problematic. I would keep the broken Evil Eye in a special container in a dark part of my closet.

Sounds like your boyfriend wanted out for a while and the breaking of the Evil Eye just accelerated it. The Evil Eye might have been keeping the relationship together.

Mary

sia81

Unread post by sia81 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 am

him breaking the evil eye by accident is a bad sign;i would pay attention to signs around you in general;they tell alot

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:44 pm

How do you select an anti-evil eye? color? religious association? cultural association?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:35 pm

jwmcclin wrote:How do you select an anti-evil eye? color? religious association? cultural association?
Yeah, those are all good. Keep in mind tho that most evil eye charms are meant to be worn openly where others can see so picking one that you think looks nice or that you feel drawn to is also valid.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Humph! Thanks Turnsteel, I was looking at the cats eyes. I am considering purchasing a cat's eye rosiery. Same result? I just don't know I am considering a lot of possibilities...should I wear it personally, leave in office, leave at home? Just considering right now.

spellyshelly

protection eye

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi sorry guys

I just have a question, I use an eye amulet (not too sure the proper name) to warn off any evil and protect me, it broke however I managed to superglue it back together will it still work?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: protection eye

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:30 am

I have always been taught that when an amulet to ward off the evil eye breaks, you do not glue it back together. It has taken a "hit" for you and should be disposed of in a ritually appropriate manner and a new amulet should be purchased.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

spellyshelly

Re: protection eye

Unread post by spellyshelly » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:46 am

thanks Bri shall I break it again then?

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Astrophel, i'm just curious - has anything else has happened?

dorothybaez

Blue Glasses

Unread post by dorothybaez » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Can anyone explain the significance of dark glasses with blue lenses as pertains to rootwork? I had never heard of it until recently.

Thanks!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Blue Glasses

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:38 pm

What is your synopsis?

dorothybaez

Unread post by dorothybaez » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:51 pm

SYNOPSIS?

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:50 pm

I believe jwmcclin was asking for more information, your post was rather vague. I haven't heard anything about blue glasses so I'm wondering the story behind this as well, also wondering what it has to do with luckymojo...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:53 pm

...that is what I am asking...thanks Turnsteel...

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

According to Conjure in African American Society by Jeffery E. Anderson, Hoodoo practitioners often dressed in a manner that cultivated an air of mystery and strangeness. Dr. Buzzard did so by wearing purple-shaded glasses. Others wore unusual clothing, jewelry, or hairstyles.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Mama Micki hit the nail on the head. According to some sources root doctors often wore purple or blue-tinted glasses as a sort of uniform or badge. They were known by certain distinctive signs. This was not always the case, but those who sought that persona certainly adhered to such mannerisms and dress. Haven't seen it in recent years really.

dorothybaez

Unread post by dorothybaez » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm

I read about the blue glasses in a book. Dr. Buzzard was mentioned in this book.... "Blue Roots," I think the name was. It made me wonder what the significance was, that's all.

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Honestly, I suspect the water and soap when you washed your hands pushed them and you didn't notice. that said, it's good to know about the properties of the bracelets and handedness.

Niobe

Need help with talisman or amulet for evil eye for my friend

Unread post by Niobe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm

my friend is going thur a divorce and is living in a shelter she is undocumented and now she has all his family against her and their trying to take her kids away for some reason nothing comes out her way she was just denied for a housing program and she doesnt quilify for anything else its like all her doors are being closed and this always happens after she sees or speaks to her mother in law for some reason things just sour for her now she is trying to legalize herself and I'm scared that things may not work out for her again
I'm convinced that their ill feelings and bad intents are doing this to her can any one suggest something for protection and evil eye i'm scared she may be deported and never see her kids again cause i know thats what they want

any help is welcomed

thank you in advance

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Need help with talisman or amulet for evil eye for my friend

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Has your friend or you had a reading done to see what the problem is?

Niobe

Unread post by Niobe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:24 pm

no we havent i'm telling her now that we should go see some one

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Have you reviewed LMs AIRR site? http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ootworkers

Here is a list for protection http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Here is a list of amulets/talismans http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html

In the meantime I would recommend a cleansing bath until you get more information...which can be as simple as a salt bath (sea salt, table salt, Epsom salt, kosher salt) read about the uses of salt here http://www.luckymojo.com/salt.html

of course there are more involved situations especially if the issue is long standing read more about cleansing here http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html#history

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Sun May 02, 2010 3:16 am

Firey wall of protection would also be helpful. You can do a vigil candle, annoit with the oil and spread some powder in the house and the kids rooms.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am

Please read the Luck W Amulet Archive page on the Evil Eye and other pages that come off of it, which contain links to the many different amulets we sell for protection from this sort of problem. The URL for the hub-page is

http://luckymojo.com/evileye.html

As stated above, the talismans are all for sale here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html

Good luck and best wishes for your friend.
catherine yronwode

chachathegoldfish

Red evil eye

Unread post by chachathegoldfish » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:45 pm

What does the red evil eye stand for? I have the blue evil eye braclet and I know it is for protection, can you please explain about the different colors for the evileye.

Thanks for your help

chachathegoldfish

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Red evileye

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:18 pm

cat's website site found here http://www.luckymojo.com/evileye.html discusses the evil eye in great detail.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Red evil eye

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:36 pm

On that Lucky W Amulet Archive page -- http://www.luckymojo.com/evileye.html -- you will find that the use of red items for protection against the evil eye derives from different cultures than the use of the blue eye -- and nowadays, for fashion reasons, people not only use blue and red, but also yellow, green, black, pink -- you name it.
catherine yronwode

Darth Rosa

Re: Red evil eye

Unread post by Darth Rosa » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Great question, I always thought the different colors were for fashion reasons.

CajunBarbie

Unread post by CajunBarbie » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 pm

I know you are likely long gone, but I felt the need to reply to this to let you know that you are not crazy. A similar thing happened to me with an evil eye bracelet. I wore it to work I know for a fact I wore it to work because a coworker commented on it. Anyway halfway through the day I noticed it was no longer on my hand...I remembered that the last place I recall actually seeing it on was on a coffee break at Starbucks. I went back to Starbucks to see if anyone found it. I was told no it was not turned in. I was pretty annoyed for the rest of the day because I liked having it but at the same time I know that if it breaks you're not supposed to put it back on because you were protected from an attack - but still I liked it and just felt a little naked without it for the rest of the day. I leave work as usual and go home and I'm relaxing on the sofa and I look down and right there between the coffee table and the sofa and there is the bracelet. The bracelet I wore to work that morning and lost was right there like it just found its way back. I was so freaked out I didn't even want to touch it. There is NO WAY the bracelet should/could have been on my floor. But yet it was....

Temont
Re: Extremely weird experience with evil eye bracelet!

Unread post by Temont » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Does LM still sell these? I bought a tibetan bracelet for my son but I was wondering if the evil eye bracelets are still for sale

theusurper

Re: Extremely weird experience with evil eye bracelet!

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:43 am

i have the tibetan bracelet for many years in my left hand and is working good but i have a question how we clean i mean how to reforce the power, what kind of oils and prayers to use.

puglet

Honey Jar to put an end to negativity or stop evil eye

Unread post by puglet » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 am

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with using a honey jar on someone that constantly thinks negative thoughts about you...

I was also wondering if a honey jar could be used on someone to stop the person from placing an "evil eye" curse on you unintentionally...

My mother and even lovers I've had can be jealous when I achieve success. Their thoughts can beat me up a bit. I've tried fiery wall of protection products, and uncrossing products but I'm trying to find a more permanent solution since many of these people I have to deal with on a regular basis.

Would honey jars work to sweeten their thoughts to me and direct them away from having malicious ones?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,
Puglet

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Honey Jar to put an end to negativity or stop evil eye

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, Honey Jars can be worked to make someone have a much sweeter opinion of you. The balance comes when you must decide if the Honey Jar work is just not strong enough to go up against the negative energy they are throwing at you. Then, as you said, Fiery Wall of Protection, Protection, or Reversing work would be much better suited to the situation.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Honey Jar to put an end to negativity or stop evil eye

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Honey jars tend to work best for sweetening social situations -- for enhancing love, for getting a job, for being granted a loan, for peace in a family, for a court case, for obtaining a scholarship.

They may bring an end to jealousy by replacing it with sweetness, but in and of themselves they are not designed to -- nor will they prove effective at -- stopping the evil eye, turning back the evil eye to the sender, or protecting against the effects of the evil eye.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”