Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Rookie2conjure

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Rookie2conjure » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:01 pm

The wick on the Stop Gossip vigil got really close to the glass... What does that mean?
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 am

I like to keep vigils going on all of my altars, even when I am not doing any magical work, along with fresh flowers. I have one for the ancestors, several on my main space (where I keep vigils to the saints who have been helping me), and one in my bedroom that I refer to as my spiritual/love space. I clean all the candles with a Chinese Wash spritz first and the anoint them with a mix of olive oil, Special oil no. 20 and All Saint's Oil. And I make sure to poke long holes in them so the oils can permeate things.

Everything works fine, EXCEPT the one in my bedroom. It is plain white as I still do not know who is watching over me there. I have asked numerous saints but have not gotten any response that they are working with me. So I keep it neutral, though I have holy cards for St. Dymphna (I have candles burned at her national shrine in thanks for her constant help) and Mary Magdalene and Philomena, who I am drawn to, up on the mirror.

The white candle just doesn't burn well. It gutters and spits when I light it, sometimes I have to re light it a second time. And it burns slow and weak, drowning in wax and almost winking out. I know what those signs mean from Miss Cat's excellent explanation on candle divining, but this is just a general candle, not magical work!

I thought that corner of the room might have some unfriendlies around so I cleansed it extra hard and put down double camphor squares and herbs just as a precaution. And I have a bowl of water under the bed plus an egg taking hits for me, and a bowl of uncrossing/protection herbs nearby.

This is the third candle to do this in a row. All the others burn well, in fact they burn quickly and clean.

Any ideas of what's going on here?

Thanks.
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

Psychic Mimi

Unread post by Psychic Mimi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:50 pm

I don't want to assume anything, so I'm going to ask a couple of questions.

Are you using the same color candle from the same maker in other parts of your home to ensure it's not a quality issue?

Have you checked to make sure there is no possibility of a draft from a fan, window, or vent?

When you clean the candles, are you making sure there is no residue left behind?

Perhaps, and this is just a thought, the saints don't want to be in the bedroom? They might prefer a more prominent place in your home. ;)

Btw, why are you mixing the oils with olive oil????

psychic kitty

Unread post by psychic kitty » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Thanks Psychic Mimi,

In my magical tradition, olive oil is sacred and a drop is used to consecrate a candle. And no, no drafts or anything like that. The candles all come from the same place (my local monsignor generously gave me some!) and are the same color.

I suspect you are right, whoever this is wants to be where the action is. I need a bigger altar! But I wanted the softer more feminine saints to be in my place of peace, which is my bedroom.
It's a bittersweet symphony, this life...

parfait1

Unread post by parfait1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:11 am

I just dressed a new candle for a commitment from my boyfriend. He loves me but can be indesive and i am ready.

About a minute after I lite the candle the flame split in two. I checked the wick it did not break and there were no herbs that would burn in it. It burned with two flames for about 15 min. Then there was a spark, the flame jumped, and it started burning strongly as one. I have never seen anything like this and haven't found anything online that would make sense of it.

Has anyone seen this before?

Does it mean something special?

Psychic Mimi

Unread post by Psychic Mimi » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:12 am

It's difficult for me to say if what you described is a good omen or not, so I would get a reading if I were you, and visit the thread that addresses these types of questions.

candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... t8537.html

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 am

This is not too common, but those of us who burn many candles for clients have seen it often enough that we have a name for it --"twin flames." Sorry you could not find it online, so here is a link. You will find it here at the "Candle Magic Divination" page of my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... l#signsA10

There is a lot of other information on the page, particularly about the three "witnesses" to the light (the flame, the wax, and the smoke), and you would probably do best to read the entire page, not just the portion that relates to the twin flames" sign that you saw.

I am merging this thread into the long and already extent thread on candle signs and divination. You may also learn by reading the entirety of the thread, because many queries are repeated and re-answered on the forum.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

magictinkerbell

Unread post by magictinkerbell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:23 am

Hey Lovely LM people! (Gotta share this : )

Any one got any ideas here?

On a honey jar for my brother's work, I was burning a purple candle (for mastery / control / success in ambitions / to be in command / psychic insight to be ahead of the competition) all dressed with Lucky Mojo Oilss & Powders like Crown of Success / Magnet / etc.. It was an 8 hour candle and initially the flame was quite brilliant anyway, tall, vibrant etc. then after about 1 hour, it started really BLAZING, FIRING AND ROARING UP. It even threw out PIECES OF FLAMING CANDLE TO THE petition under the Jar and even further :shock:

It was like it was on a mission to get to the bottom. Really brilliant to watch .... (but I'm even more adamant that I'd never leave any candle unattended)

All finished nicely (i think) lots of wax on the petition, no way could that wax be burned considering how fast that candle was blazing.

Now I've seen this with a Road Opener Orange Candle, and the lovely moderators mentioned that blocks were breaking big style...
BUT this Purple Candle was the most powerful I've ever seen.

Any one have any ideas on what this could mean for a Purple Candle?

Does this mean the same as the Road Opener, that blocks are being broken :?

Thank you
Magic Tinkerbell
St. Martha shining light in the dark praise to you
Archangel Michael my warrior protector-thank you

Psychic Mimi

Unread post by Psychic Mimi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 am

The way the candle burns is independent of color in my estimation. If you want to see what signs your candle may have been giving you, you can go here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

All in all, though, if candle burning is something you are still new to, I don't think you should worry so much about anything aside from the end result and making absolutely sure you are taking greater steps at ensuring fire safety at all times. What happened with your candle may very well have been a suggestion of roadblocks being opened or something along those lines, but you really need to ensure you are not doing anything that might provoke a fire.

magictinkerbell

Unread post by magictinkerbell » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 am

Thank you Psychic Mimi.
Suppose kind of wanted anothers opinion, so much appreciate yours :)
St. Martha shining light in the dark praise to you
Archangel Michael my warrior protector-thank you

GypsyWitchBeth
Newly Registered
Honey Jar Spell stopped working - what next?

Unread post by GypsyWitchBeth » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 am

This is my first post, I'm a little nervous.

I was having some weird communication difficulties with my lover of 4 months, we had a misunderstanding and stopped talking for a week so I decided to do a honey jar spell. My lover had been a friend for a few years prior, more on an acquaintance level, not very close though.

I did a traditional honey jar spell following lucky mojo's directions.

I could not get any hairs because my lover is bald, so I used his semen which I obtained from a used condom. I have been alternating between red candles dressed in Follow Me Boy oil and pink candles dressed in Love Me oil.

I started the spell on Wed. August 15 and he contacted me the very night that I started the spell and he stayed in contact every day via text, email, phone for almost 3 weeks.

I missed burning a candle one day of the spell.

Sept. 3, Monday, we finally saw each other and he broke it off with me with no real explanation.

I can see via facebook that there is another girl constantly posting on his site, so I can conclude that there is someone else in the picture. I told him when I left that he would have to contact me, that I would not contact him, and we haven't had any communication since.

So do I continue with the honey jar spell and if so, for how long? Someone told me it is a slow moving spell, that it can take up to 3 months?

Or would you advice any other avenues to take at this point?

Thank you in advance!

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate
Re: Honey Jar Spell stopped working - what next?

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 am

First off i'd suggest a divination on the situation to see why the communication is weird and if there is this other woman.

A honey jar will sweeten a person -- and yours obviously sweetened him to get back in touch and stay in touch, but it will not drive off a rival. You might need to do some break up work to move her out and some reconciliation spells to get him back.

On a more mundane level, I'd suggest you break your "you call me first" rule. If you don't have any connection to him other than in the magical sphere then it's going to be an uphill battle. The other woman has an advantage of being mentally and/or physically present.

A red skull candle might be something you'd add to your work so that you are on his mind. Dress it with the oils you have. If you have any pictures of the two of you together make a copy of it, draw a heart around the two of you and write out a petition on the back. This can be tucked under either the skull or the honey jar. You may already have a petition in place, but it wasn't mentioned, so I put it out there.

Song of Solomon 7 & 8 are good to read with the ritual if you are so inclined.
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

lovinlife1976

Unread post by lovinlife1976 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:24 pm

I'm not sure if this link is clickable. you may have to copy and paste into the browser. Please tell me what you think of this burn..Thanks!!
I loaded it with personal concerns, knot weed, sulphur, vandal root, acefedita....Prayed over for three days for him not to be sexually attracted to a certain girl.

http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... ff20e9.jpg

lovinlife1976

Unread post by lovinlife1976 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:27 pm

oh and black arts oil by LM

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 am

Hi lovinlife1976,

the best place to look for information on the candle burn would be in Miss Cat's HITAP link on the subject: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html.

If you want a burn reading (since there is a lot going on in the image), you can consider having an AIRR member who offers the service provide one from that picture and any others you may have of the work. Workers who interpret candle burns can be found here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

Also watch in the coming days and weeks to see how results manifest. This can give you indicators for future reference when you work candles.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

withmyveil1
Newly Registered

Unread post by withmyveil1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Does anyone know what this means?...........I am burning a grey candle and about 3/8 in away from the wick.... turned black and sooty.
Does this mean anything or was it an old candle? picture this grey, then black then grey again. this happened the second day it was burning.
Last edited by Mary Bee on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: make subject line clearer

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Any dark soot on the glass of the candle can mean that the target of your work is blocking you in some way. A "grey candle" can mean many things: what were you burning it for?

Read about candle divination signs here.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

lita328

Unread post by lita328 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:26 pm

On the last blue moon, my mother in law and I decided to light candles and pray for my husband. The candles started off crystal clear. They looked beautiful as if the glass was cleaned with windex. So anyway, as my mother in law's candle was ending, it had no wax in it and it continued to burn. She didn't notice it at first, but she started smelling smoke and she thought it was from outside. It turned out that it was the candle. It didnt crack nor explode. Im not sure if she blew it out after that but it caused the glass to be completely black. She said that was the first time she experience that and 3 people told her that it was a good sign but I don't agree. Can you please tell me if a candle burns down clear but continues to burn with no wax, what would this mean? Oh and my candle eventually had smoke around the rim. We are both in two different homes. She used protection candle and i used fiery wall protection candle. Please help...

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 am

Hi lita328,

A black smoke-filled glass is most probably not a good sign as you surmised. If it's completely black, it can mean that there's far more serious obstacles than initially though or that there is enemy work. You can read through the page on candle divination which can give you some excellent direction: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html. About half-way down the page you'll find specific information on divination of glass-encased candles.

For your candle, the thickness of the smoke marks, they way they are disposed and the colour of the smoke all make a difference. If you so desire, you can take pictures from different angles and then consult with an AIRR rootworker who offers candle divination services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

lita328

Unread post by lita328 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:22 pm

I didnt see anything regarding no wax in candle and still burning which caused the glass to blacken... Can someone help me with this...

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:03 am

Hi lita328,

as mentioned below, you can consult with an AIRR rootworker who offers candle divination services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading.
Aura Laforest

lizcesdan

Unread post by lizcesdan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:50 pm

I recently purchased Essence of Bend-Over Oil and powder. My purpose was to use it in a guy I have been seeing for many years, but also to use at work.

I have literally 4 attorneys and another person who all think are the boss of me, very hectic and stressful situation, the bad thing is that two of them are partners and, wow, very complicated sitation. I do it all for these people. I just need to get control of them a little and calm them down and appreciate my work.

I got a purple glass 8 in. candle. I printed a picture of each of the attorneys, put a drop of Essence of Bend-Over Oil on each, folded them very tight and put each one in the candle.

I also put a drop of Essence of Bend-Over Oil for each on the candle itself.

I lit it last night, and it was fine during the night, could hear it crakling, was fine all day, and tonight got home and it got very very active, the flames were very bright and big and literally within a couple of minutes the glass broke off about 2 inches off the top, not half just the top, no oil or wax spilled, and there is a huge flame as wide as the candle maybe 2 in. diameter and right now the flame is about 3 in. high.

SOOOOOOOOOO my question, is does it mean I did it wrong, or will be harder than I thought to work these people?

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:10 pm

My honey jar that I've been doing has accumulated quite a bit of wax on the lid only. Well, last night after burning a pink candle, it trickled some tears I the side of the candle while burning, then after the candle burned out completely, the flame stayed on the wick and stayed lit and relit the other old wicks still attached to the honey jar. After that, the flame melted all the wax until every last bit was gone. Should I be worried or excited?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:13 pm

lizcesdan --

My first thought would be there is resistance taking place against your spell. Though I do have to ask, you said:
I lit purple candle (glass think 8 in.) I printed picture of each of the attorneys, put oil a drop of oil on each folded them very tight and put each one in the candle.
Did you put the actual folded photos into the wax itself or attached on the outside of the glass? If by chance the pictures where in with the wax this could be the cause of the breaking as the pictures burned making it to hot for the glass.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:59 am

I agree with Papa_Newt. They should go under the candle, or at the very least, taped to the outside. Never IN the actual candle.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

Dear lizcesdan and Papa Newt --

If a candle breaks under normal burn conditions -- one wick, very small amount of vegetable oil added -- this has significance.

Adding folded papers into a candle is like adding extra wicks. Sticking dried herb stems vertically into the candle wax is also like adding extra wicks.The papers or herb stems absorb oil and wax and they burn hot -- and that will break the glass.

In addition, you did not mention this, but i would like to add that dripping flammable liquids like alcohol based perfume intoto a glass-encased candle is like adding accelerants to a fire. The fire will burn very high and hot -- and that will break the glass.

So, if a person adds extra wicks and/or accelerants to the candle, the glass will break.

Returning, then, to your question, lizcesdan --

As i see it, this incident, in which you say that added a number of papers into the candle, may not be a sign about your work; rather it may be a sign that you are not experienced enough at candle work to be performing this sort of magic on your own yet, and that you should learn from an elder or a teacher rather than from the internet or a book.

In addition, it is my experience that heating up a candle with extra wicks or with added accelerants until the glass breaks can easily pose a fire hazard, so i would also like you to see the forum thread on fire safety for more information on this.

Fire Safety Issues with Candle Magic
fire-safety-issues-with-candle-magic-t1352.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

lita328

Unread post by lita328 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Is it hard to answer that question? I'm starting to wonder about things. I don't know if it's my name or if someone doesn't want me to know something because almost every time I ask a question, I get an incomplete response or a wrong answer. All I want to know is if I'm correct about the way the candle burned. If there was no wax left in the candle and the candle stayed lit and caused the glass to turn completely black, is that a negative or just a malfunction in the purchased candle? :o

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I read somewhere that if there are clumps on the wick it will almost always give out black soot. That's what I noticed on my wick, (herbs were kinda stuck to the wick) and it had caused a bit of black soot at the top only. Is this a spiritual sign, because I don't really feel it is. The flame is very high and dancing.

Hopefull

Unread post by Hopefull » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:10 am

I'm doing a honey jar. Two nights ago, I dressed a pink candle in return to me oil and some herbs and prayed over it. The candle not only burned all the way out with no trace of wax, it burned the old wax completely off the jar lid. I asked what it meant but have gotten no reply.
Tonight, though, I burned a red candle dressed in return to me oil and the same herbs, prayed and sure enough, the same thing happened again!
What does that mean?

lita328

Unread post by lita328 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:25 am

Hopefull, I'm in the same vote also. I have a honey jar that I will do a white candle on for work. The candle wax burned right off the top. I assumed it was the herbs and oil that did it. Last week, the wax just kept piling on top and dripping down the sides. My husband thinks its a very good sign but I'm just not positive...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:41 am

lita328 --

You wrote, "I didnt see anything [at the web site] regarding no wax in candle and still burning which caused the glass to blacken... Can someone help me with this..."

Sure, i can help.

First, you've gotta understand that many people would not see that last moment of the candle burn the way you were lucky enough to see it. They might be at work when the candle finished and come home to find the candle black and never see how it happened. I could tell you physically what happened (the wick burned without any wax and made smoke) but that's not the point of that web page -- the point of the web page is to provide interpretations of what the candle looks like.

Second, the interpretation would be the same, no matter what the cause -- a blackened candle is a bad sign. The reason it blackened, or whether there was wax in it or not when it blackened, or at what point in the burning process it blackened (beginning, middle, or end), is not as important as that it has become blackened.

You also wrote: "If there was no wax left in the candle and the candle stayed lit and caused the glass to turn completely black, is that a negative or just a malfunction in the purchased candle? "

I think now you understand that you were just in an unusual place and time to SEE it happen, which most people would never see -- but the result is the same as if it were not seen happening, namely, a smoke-blackened candle, which is a "negative" as you so rightly understood it.

You also wrote, "I'm starting to wonder about things. I don't know if it's my name or if someone doesn't want me to know something because almost every time I ask a question, I get an incomplete response or a wrong answer."

Aw, you're going off the deep end on that one, honey. No one here wants to give you incomplete or wrong answers! We're here to help! If you don't get a complete answer or you don't understand the answer, just ask again, but do me a favour and dont go all "suspicious" on me, okay? Thanks! :-)

Good luck to you and all the best in your work.
catherine yronwode

lita328

Unread post by lita328 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:31 am

Lol... Thanks Cat :P for a minute I was thinking someone jinxed me... I see your point and I'm so glad you confirmed my thoughts regarding the candle. Thank you so much!

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:24 pm

hello everyone,
I read the information on LM about what candle flames mean and what does the way the wax burns means but
I have a quick question, what does it mean when you light a white glass encased candle the first time, the flames separate then join as one afterwards? the candle is being lit to ask to for help in a certain love matter

thank you so much, any information is greatly appreciated =)

josie02

Unread post by josie02 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Do the flames mean anything at at all?

josie02

Unread post by josie02 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Does the way the wax burns mean anything? I am doing a honey jar for love to sweeten my husband to me? I have a pink and red candle burning. The pink one is burning clean but the red one is burning crazy. The wax start dripping looks like a tower of wax split from the candle after it burned and now it's like one big drip of wax hanging from the side of the jar. I wish I could show you a pic. Does any of this mean anything?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Yes, how candles burn mean something. It's hard for us to interpret signs just from descriptions. You may wish to take a picture and hire an AIRR worker to take a look at it for you to help you interpret the burn. You could buy a bit of magical coaching on the topic so you can read your own candles in the future!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Hayngirl808

Unread post by Hayngirl808 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 am

Well I finally got back my report, nothing real special was stated. I did he intranquil on MISC altars, just said the candle burned steadily, and the smoke was grey hazy traces in the glass, obstacles but good chance of success eventually. Idk what to do next honestly, I kinda don't know what it means.

felixsavaliearly
Newly Registered

Unread post by felixsavaliearly » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello everybody

Ok so i have this question about a candle i was burning on top of my honey jar. I've been doing my honey jar for about two weeks and last two imes i burned the candles i had a strange occurence. First the time before last the candle kept burning and ended up melting all of the wax of the tp of my honey jar so the top was left completly clear of all wax, there was only some wax left on the sides of the jar. And today i had an event where the candle formed a knot in its wick which then separated from the wick and caused a huge flame on top of the candle which then rapidly burned one side of the candle, then it fell of the candle and continued burning next to the candle and melted that side of the candle and ignited the wick from bellow. In the end the candle was almost fully melted on one side and on the other side there was a part of the candle left which fell over but got stuck on the side of the honey jar. So are these some sort of signs about how my work is going or was it just a defective candle. Thank for any help you guys can give me :) I mean should i light another candle today?

RosarioPrays

Unread post by RosarioPrays » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm

So I burnt a candle on my honey jar. A red birthday candle. It formed a knot. What I mean by knot is that the wick bent and made a knot. It wasn't tight, it looked more like a pretzel in shape..does that mean something?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 am

Hi RosarioPrays,
Ideally, when you're not sure of a divination sign (and yes your knot is significant), take a photograph of it and then book a quick 10 minute reading with an AIRR worker that offers candle divination services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading. Not seeing the set-up and configuration of what you're describing makes it almost impossible to accurately tell you what the sign means. That said, knots can refer to things being tied up, complicated; it can refer to someone feeling stuck or bound; it can also signal minor worries and problems that you're struggling to find a solution for.

Hi Hayngirl808,
from the sound of your candle reading, it sounds like you'll have to keep at it to get what you want. I'd burn another round of IS and add Return To Me / sweetening work to move him back toward you more quickly.
Aura Laforest

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 am

felixsavaliearly: I have merged your topic into the already-in-progress thread concerning candle divination.
Joseph Magnuson

Hayngirl808

Unread post by Hayngirl808 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello aura,

Thank you for that advice, i was looking for someone to tell me something like that for awhile, no one could really help me, but thank you for your advice. Im def gonna keep at it and hopefully i get movement soon, ive been getting signs like crazy but not that much movement.

CulebraGypsy

Unread post by CulebraGypsy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to the sure. I have a question about a Chuparosa candle I have been burning this past week to sweeten my relationship like it was a few months ago. The candle is not a Lucky Mojo brand so I know that you can't speak upon the quality of it.
The second day of the candle burning the wick had formed a huge ball and the flame was leaning towards me up against the glass. It had been up against it so ling that the glass cracked and a somewhat rounded triangular shape of the top part of the glass popped off completely. I then moved the wick back towards the center. The candle was burning fine and clean afterwards. All of a sudden today the flame started waving and the candle turned the inside of the glass black with about a quarter of the candle still left to go. The candle was prepared with herbs and oils and glitter which is piled up at the bottom close to what is left of the candle.

I guess my question is this a bad sign or should I take it as the construction of the candle and the herbs being burnt for it cracking and turning black. The relationship between myself and my significant other started to sweeten the first 2 days of burning it and has been the same as just before I started the work since then. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
CulebraGypsy

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:42 pm

When burning a candle I always make sure to tend to it, when needed. If you noticed that "... the wick had formed a huge ball and the flame was leaning towards me up against the glass. It had been up against it so ling that the glass cracked" it would have been of great help to you to have "nudged" the wick closer to the center. I recommend getting a quick 10 minute reading from someone at AIRR who will take the time to divine the outcome from your broken candle burn.

Association of Readers & Rootworkers: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers
Joseph Magnuson

CulebraGypsy

Unread post by CulebraGypsy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 am

Thank you Joseph. I will try to get a reading. Since I posted yesterday, the flame died down and is burning steady and clean again.

CulebraGypsy

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 am

You;re welcome. Good luck with the reading.
Joseph Magnuson

Princess Sa

Unread post by Princess Sa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 pm

i've been doing the 7 day prayer candles to work things out with an ex where things have been very back and forth lately.

i've done several candles that have burned all the way through clear. then last thursday i lit one and within minutes it cracked and a small piece at the top of the glass flew off and landed by my bible.

The candle was burning fine so i let it continue and it finished wednesday night.

After that i moved to another house where i started another one and it was burning fine with a little black at the top but not much. i've stayed in this new house 3 nights now and all three nights i wake up a 4 am for no apparent reason.

Well last night after i woke up i heard a loud crack and my new candle had cracked half way down, and completely broke the top half of the glass off

Also if it matters, the person i was lighting these candles for has been talking to me more often than before and has been nicer. i am also doing a honey jar for him.

Having the two candles glass crack worries me though.

Could someone please explain all of this to me?

i feel like the magic was working fine but now something may be wrong and i cant find the answers.

Please help

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Princess Sa --

First a broken candle glass usually means opposition to your work and that you may not achieve the goals you have set with that candle. The indication is one of stress. Please read the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on Candle Divination for more information.:

Candle Magic Divination

Second,your thread has been merged into the very long thread in which people discuss candle divination here in the forum. Broken glass is the topic on several occasions and you will find a number of experiences that are similar to yours.

I find it significant that the broken glass flew into your Bible.Do you by any chance recall which book and verse it landed on? That would be a sign of great importance to me, as a root doctor.
catherine yronwode

Princess Sa

Unread post by Princess Sa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:53 pm

my bible was open to the song of solomon and was around chapter 3 or 4
i hope that helps and you are able to give me more insight, im new at this...
catherineyronwode wrote:Princess Sa --

First a broken candle glass usually means opposition to your work and that you may not achieve the goals you have set with that candle. The indication is one of stress. Please read the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on Candle Divination for more information.:

Candle Magic Divination

Second,your thread has been merged into the very long thread in which people discuss candle divination here in the forum. Broken glass is the topic on several occasions and you will find a number of experiences that are similar to yours.

I find it significant that the broken glass flew into your Bible.Do you by any chance recall which book and verse it landed on? That would be a sign of great importance to me, as a root doctor.

Princess Sa

Unread post by Princess Sa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:19 pm

i cant open the link you sent :(

remyq

Unread post by remyq » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi there!

I just had a question about some divination. I'm doing some work on a friendship/attraction honey jar, and this is my second day into it. I'm using a pink 4" altar candle in a porcelain holder. Yesterday, it burned for approx. 100 minutes, and went out fine. Today, the candle itself burned out fairy quickly (approx. 80 min.) but for the past 20 minutes the wick has refused to go out. The wax is all melted down, and the wick is just hovering above the top of the holder. About five minutes ago it flamed up again, if that makes sense, (the flame got a lot bigger like it did was the candle itself was burning), but has now gone back to just kind of smoldering and refusing to extinguish.

I read that refusal to go out could be a negative sign, or a sign of dificulty, but I was wondering what that might mean combined with a candle that burned fairly quickly. I was planning on doing another candle tomorrow (yesterday, today, then tomorrow, then every Friday after), but I'm wondering if this is a sign to stop. I got a reading before I started any work, and my reader that my biggest difficulty in the working would be my own hesitation, but most signs pointed for go.

EDIT: Okay, so 20 minutes later, the flame finally went out. It also burned a good chunk of the top of the candle holder. I can post a picture if I need to. It's still usable, it's just a toasty brown color now. Part of me wants to just pass it off as having too long of a wick or something, but I just want to get a second (or third, or forth) opinion before I brush it aside. (Also, that's how I learn!)

Thank you!

Molly

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:31 am

Hi Molly,

ideally, consider getting a reading from an AIRR worker that offers candle divination services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading. That said, what happenned to your candle holder is not generally a good sign. That said, 2 days into the work is not much so I'd keep at it for at least a week and see how the burns evolve.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:28 am

Princess Sa wrote:i cant open the link you sent :(
In a search engine, type: Lucky Mojo Candle Divination. That will bring up the page to select and you should be able t o see it. If not there may be some challenges with the current browser you are using. Best of luck.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:13 am

Princess Sa: Here, try this link: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Joseph Magnuson

Breetastic

Unread post by Breetastic » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:30 am

I don't need reassurance in a sense, because I know my desire is strong enough that so long as I kept to the guidelines it'll work, but I just maybe wanna share my experience and see if anyone has any suggestions to make it work faster/stronger/whatever. =) If this is in the wrong place, again, my apologies and I hope it can be moved to the correct area.

So. As I'm new to hoodoo and all, I've been looking at all the different techniques, candles, baths and all. And I found that for my current living situation (sharing a room with a kid sister, 5 other people in the house, mom not approving of magick and that's putting it lightly), I found that candlework would be perfect. There's this one guy that I've been recently involved with, very handsome and very intelligent, and has a lot going in his life for him. Perfect for me. The thing is, because he's always working and all, he never really has time for me... Which isn't good in my book.

I got a reading done by my personal reader and best friend, and she said that a relationship is very much possible as he IS interested in me, but he doesn't feel I'm accepting of the fact that he's overwhelmed with all the things in his life. I'm accepting... just not happy about it. She said that a relationship is possible, just not any time soon as he's busy. Okay, fine by me. Nothing I can't fix.

Now, I have a cute red candlestick that would have been perfect for this type of thing, but alas I have no candlestick holder. (When I get some more cash, I'm going to have to attack LM's storepage and buy all types of supplies.) But, I do have little white tealights. And from what I read, while red is the perfect color for dealings with love/sex, white is a good color for all purpose things and prayer.

So, I snatch up one of those from my linen closet, and carve his name into it clockwise. Then, I write my petition (for him to get into contact with me to see me ASAP) on a piece of paper, fold it towards me, turn it to the right and fold it towards me again, all the while thinking about him to contact me and come see me. I then dress the candle clockwise (I figured clockwise was best cause I want him to contact me soon, it'll be like rolling the clock forward so that happens sooner) in LM's Come to Me oil (which just smells very alluring, I loooove it) and repeat my petition again as I light the candle, and put it in my little candle chamber with the written petition underneath.

I've been watching it burn for a little while now, and it seems to be moving quite fast. Can't tell if that's positive or not, but I'll be sure to do some more research on the site about it. So, thoughts, suggestions, whatever. I'm open to hearing what you think. And I'll be sure to post results. :D
The Universe is the center of all.
Praise to Saint Expedite. Thank you.

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:52 am

What does it mean when I was burning a Buddhist candle and there was a clear colored aura around the candle?

beekie

Unread post by beekie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello again!

Ok so i started my honey jar on wednesday night (geared towards a certain some one for romance). The first candle I burned was a 4 inch, it was the only red candle I had. I dressed it, and it burned long and clean. All that was left was a teenie bit of wick. I had bought some pink birthday candles to carry on for the rest of how long I may be working the spell. So tonight was the 2nd candle burning. Now this was kind of strange, and I couldn't find any others whose candles burned like this. I light the birthday candle, and as im watching it, the wax is going down (another clean burn) but the wick remains long, and actually starts to loop back around into the flame, forming a circle. I didn't see a 2nd flame form as the older part of the wick was quite charred and wouldn't re-light.

Now that its burned out (and I could be looking WAY too into this) there are 2 wicks on top of the jar, side by side and it almost looks like writing. The first wick is straight forming an 'l' shape. The 2nd wick forms what looks like the letter 'P' or 'b' depending on which way you look at it.

So... 2 candles that burned clean, with what looks like a message may appear through the wicks and not any wax. Is that... normal?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm sorry, but candle divination is so complex that trying to reply to everyone who wants a private candle reading is impossible. However, to help my customers and clients i have posted many, many candle divination interpretations here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

and they will also be included in my forthcoming book. I hope you find what you are looking for there, or perhaps by reading the long thread on candle divination to which your query has been appended --or maybe one of the other moderators will pup in which some specifics for you.

Best of luck to you.
catherine yronwode

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:52 am

hello,

tonight, I lit a pink couples candle,and at first the flame on the female figure was higher than the male figures, I should mention I did anoint the candle with LM oils, but then suddenly the top of the female figure's wax was I guess hallow and the flame flickered,and died out,I had to relight it. I am lighting for candle for reconciliation for a love one, my question is

what did that mean, if it meant any thing, and should I worry, is it a bad sign or good sign?

Thank you in advance any answers will help =)

p.s. now the male figure's flame and candle is bigger than the female figure, but the female figure's flame keeps jumping and just got fairly large right now

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm

bluebutterfly12: Unfortunately, I am going to have to refer you to Miss cat's post directly above yours, as it pertains to your query as well.
Joseph Magnuson

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”