Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Broom Straws Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Guided09

Broom Straws Questions and Answers

Unread post by Guided09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:40 pm

Can someone please tell me how to use broom straws?

I've been "hag riden" and the description on the package mentions it helps to prevent this.
Can someone please tell me if I have to use, do, or say anything in conjuntion with the straws?

Thanks much!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Broom Straws Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:02 pm

For Protection while Sleeping, lay nine BROOM STRAWS under your pillow to prevent evil dreams. If you have been hag-ridden during sleep, a BROOM placed at the foot of the bed will keep the hag off.

LM... http://herb-magic.com/broom-straw.html...

HER-BRM-WHST
Broom Straws, 3 inches long
$3.50

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 am

Thank you for the reply.

I bought two packs of the broom straws, and as mentioned above I have read the product description, I was just wondering if there is anything else that I can do or have to do.

For instance lay a broom at the foot of the bed, do I just lay the entire bundle of straws at the foot of my bed, or do i have to make an actual mini broom out of the straws.

Is there are a psalm that I can read? oils to use etc... Or just simply use as is.

I've layed nine straws under my pillow but still had nightmares, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks everyone.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:23 am

Well, many spells that call for broom straws that I have read actually tell you to pluck straws out of a broom. So you're using a broom really. If it says lay a broom at the foot of your bed, that's what you do. You're not making a mini-broom, you're using a regular broom (though today so many are made from plastic, so you'd want a more traditional straw broom). Although there's nothing stopping you from making a little broom our of those straws that you ordered if you're feeling crafty.

Also, when you do things like put straws under your pillow, it is not just a mechanical thing. You place them there with fervant prayer for your intent. You have to inject yourself and your energy and prayer into something to make it powerful - otherwise you're just putting some plants in your bed.
Another thing is taking the time to learn WHY an action is being take - what is the magical theory behind using broom straws in that way. That way you know exactly WHAT effect you are trying to put into place by taking an action.

Magic isn't quite like baking, where as long as you follow the recipe you'll get a good result. You have to put a little extra understanding, power, and prayer into things to get them to work.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Milo V

Unread post by Milo V » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Try also anointing bed with "Fiery wall of protection" oil.

An old European folk custom in cases like Yours would be to place an opened scizors under Your pillow, sharp part pointing towards the head.
( I think this method can be found in Hyatt's account too )

Also try burning a Holy candle ( aka Church or beeswax candle ) anointed with Fly Dev*l oil . Basic recipe is red paper flakes in olive oil but many practitioners that sell this oil will tend to add so many other ingredients like cinamon, ginger, red sandalwood powder and alike making it resemble more Fiery wall of protection than this, simple, tradicional formula.

As for Psalms You might Use the 91st or 10th ( protection Psalms ), If You would keep Your Psalm book near 70th is good in cases of great nead and 11th good "in cases of panic and to drive demons away".

Just some of my sugestions, Blessed be, and good luck. :)

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 pm

I'd be careful about putting scissors under your pillow, you might cut yourself if you toss about, or if you adjust your pillow at night. Another option is to hold upon a Bible to one of the Psalms mentioned with those scissors on a night stand.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Thank you very much for your recommendations and suggestions! You have no idea how much your help is appreciated. THANK YOU!

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:19 am

Hello,
I have used Broom Straws for 2 break up spells with success. I wonder, can I use Broom Straws for a love spell?
One representing him, one representing me, Pray over it, douse it with the appropriate sachet, and/or oil, bury it in the front yard (to attract)? or something similiar?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
FireAnt

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:46 am

I remember reading in cat's book (Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic ((http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html)) that broom straws are used to represent people but not for love FireAnt.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 am

Oh alright, Thanks. I have the book and I have read online too. It was just an idea.
Thanks for the quick reply, jwmcclin.
FireAnt

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:50 pm

The magical qualities of this product are described in this book, with folkloric hoodoo spells for use in practical conjure,

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic Paperback by catherine yronwode
$14.95

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks Miss Cat. I have broom straws from Luckymojo. Actually I have ordered alot! And I plan on applying for your class in the fall.
Thank You,
FireAnt

Serenity

Unread post by Serenity » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Hey all! I found a Separation Spell somewhere on here by Miss Cat that uses Broom Straws to represent the individuals being separated. Just so happens I have two large straw bales sitting in my garage, though what kind of straw I don't know. Is it so important the straw be broom, or would a wheat or barley straw work as well?

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Broom Straws shouldn't be that hard to find...you can get them from Lucky Mojo or from a 100% corn brom
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

Serenity

Unread post by Serenity » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Yeah, it's not that I can't find Broom Straw, it's just that I already have something that I thought might work in it's place.

I'm just wondering if it's the type of straw that's important, or merely the fact that it's straw.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:39 pm

It is BOTH. It is not the seed of the broom (e.g. sorghum or milo) and it is not the straw of another plant (e.g.wheat or barley).

There is a reason for that. Brooms are made of broom straw, not barley straw, and brooms are extensively used in African American hoodoo folk magic. Hence the straws of a broom are also used in African American folk magic.

Barley is not much grown or eaten in the United States South as it is a northern crop. Hence Barley straw would be not something easy to locate or to use.

Why someone would want to "substitute" something as common in America as the straws of a broom for something as obscure, European, and non-traditional as barley is beyond me.

I notice from your IP address that you are posting from somewhere around Sacramento, California.I suggest that if you do not have a broom in your home, and you don't want to order broom straws from Lucky Mojo, that you go to a hardware store and purchase a broom. You will find many other uses for it in hoodoo folk magic as you continue to study and learn... trust me!

HER-BRM-WHST
Broom Straws, 3 inches long
$3.50

catherine yronwode

Serenity

Unread post by Serenity » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

Thank you! I don't actually know what kind of straw bales I have in my garage, as far as using barley straw specifically, well I was just throwing out words I found on the internet. I've already ordered broom straws from Lucky Mojo, but I was only curious about the possibility of substitutions.

Thank you again!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:22 pm

This product qualifies to be included in the Lucky Mojo 6 Herb and Root Special.

When you order SIX of our regularly-priced herbs or roots, you only pay for FIVE and, as a BONUS GIFT -- we will also send you a FREE Red Flannel Bag that you can use to make your own mojo hand. Just order the Special, and be sure to list your SIX herbs and roots in the message area of your order.

HER-ZSP-6HRB
6 Herb and Root Special (6 Herbs + Red Bag)
$17.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

For more information, see:
http://www.herbmagic.com/six-herb-special.html
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”