Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Thank you, Pele

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
eben74

Thank you, Pele

Unread post by eben74 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 am

Probably off topic as I am unsure how Hawaiian Goddess Pele and her elements fit with lucky mojo, but being a forum member for sometime, I didnt have anything to ask, but wanted to express gratitude toward her. So, moderators do what you will with this one. I just need to put it out there.

Usually, there is a stigma about a curse when taking stones from Maui. I found a few peculiar ones that I just could not take my eye off of and brought them home. Instead of said curse, I have actually received good fortune. Great discounts upon checking out of my hotel and a smooth flight back. As I was unaware of a curse at the time, I do owe Pele respect in these regards. In my gratitude for my good fortune, I will be offering up food for my local ducks that represent the ducks I saw playing around my breakfast area in Maui and burning a candle in your name, Pele, for love and peace. Thank you for all the great luck I have received.

avoiceanswered
Re: Thank you, Pele

Unread post by avoiceanswered » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm

I used to live in Hawaii a long time ago. If anyone asks for food, drink, or a cigarette, you best offer what you can because Pele likes those who are generous.

Thanks to Pele and her brother for keeping me safe in the ocean with my other spirits. I will remember you always.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:12 pm

A great incense for Pele (from Scott Cunningham) is:

2 parts Frankincense
1 parts Dragon's Blood
Sandalwood
Orange Peel
& Cinnamon
with a few drops of Clove Oil

*I've made and used this with good results.
I also have some lava rocks from Pele's sacred mountain. I have never been to Hawaii, but they were obtained for me by a friend. I made the incense in part as an offering to kind of "atone" for any taboo that was broken by me having these pieces.
Yeah.. this is way off the Hoodoo track, but since the subject came up I can't help but share as well.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

avoiceanswered

Unread post by avoiceanswered » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Interesting site about offerings to Pele.
http://www.kaahelehawaii.com/pages/pele.htm
http://www.kaahelehawaii.com/pages/culture_hookupu.htm

It says one's word is the appropiate offering.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”