Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Greetings from NYC - any locals here?

Jeannie M.

Greetings from NYC - any locals here?

Unread post by Jeannie M. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi, I'm Jeannie. Live in lower Manhattan. Found this site through the Conjure group at Yahoo. Just a beginner at Hoodoo, but have been doing a little spellcasting for years - in fact, my first spell was from Hurston's Mules and Men. I've found it an effective way to improve my life and myself. Glad to be here and hope to get to know all of you.

Jeannie M.

Jeannie M.

Re: Greetings from NYC - any locals here?

Unread post by Jeannie M. » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey, I just noticed my gender is listed as male. It ain't. :)

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey I'm in NYC and new to hoodoo also. So far am loving it, relating to it more than to wicca, though I occasionally pick stuff up at enchantments. waiting for my latest lucky mojo package to arrive...

Isis

Unread post by Isis » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Ladies!

I'm a fellow new yorker as well! Happy to know i have neighbors!
Welcome to Hoodoo :-)

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 am

Jeannie M. wrote:Hey, I just noticed my gender is listed as male. It ain't. :)

No, it's actually listed as unstated. Look a bit closer. You have the "artist formerly known as Prince" symbol next to your gender.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

phoenixrising

Unread post by phoenixrising » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:16 am

Hi All,

I'm a fellow New Yorker too. I live in Brooklyn. I'm pretty new to hoodoo too. I'm expecting my second LM order by the end of the week. I absolutely love their products.

Phoenix

Hoodoo Girl

Unread post by Hoodoo Girl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Hello All!

I am from the Bronx...home of "the spiritual shops". There is litteraly one on every corner! I love this forum! It is nice to know that there are neighbors online! :D

phoenixrising

Unread post by phoenixrising » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Hoodoo Girl,

It's great to see there are so many New Yorkers on the forum. I love this forum and the LM products too. I've learned so much on this forum and the LM site. It's a great place for "newbies" like me to really learn some good stuff.

Peace and Blessings,

Phoenix

freegirl

Unread post by freegirl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:36 pm

I like Magickal Realms in the Bronx, but the Bronx is a hike for me (I'm in NJ but work in the city). That would be a good way to get herbs to supplement the hoodoo form LM (and to get it faster). But all of the shops in our area to my knowledge are pretty wiccan, nobody would do a break up spell, the closest would be love uncrossing, for example. Or a boss fix etc. I am loving hoodoo! It's good to see some neighbors, maybe there's a way we can help each other.

Hoodoo Girl

Unread post by Hoodoo Girl » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey there Phoenixrising and freegirl...others too :D .

I have not been practicing hoodoo for a long time but I have always had the interest and I have also be told that I have the power to do this work. I had to work on my concentration and calm my nerves.

I had been looking in from the outside for some time and finally joined in October and I find the forum and community WONDERFUL. I have made great online friends and I have learned a lot. My personal spell book is growing and growing and I am starting to get really good.

CopperFox

Unread post by CopperFox » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi ladies!

Don't want to rock your boats in the least, but I figured I'd step in with my diplomatic skills here...

Please remember this forum is hosted by Lucky Mojo...as a service to our community. Discussing other vendors and their products is off-topic as per the forum rules; however, your private discussions via PM are entirely your own concern. So...as a gesture of respect to the lovely Ms. Cat and the fine folks at LM, take a moment to review the posting rules. Although you are not obligated to do so, it would certainly be polite (and politic) to edit your posts to delete the names of outside vendors.

You can get it cheaper (maybe), you can get it faster (like McDonald's, eww!), but you can't get it any better than what you get at Lucky Mojo!

Happy hoodooing, City Girls!

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

phoenixrising

Unread post by phoenixrising » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:33 am

Thank you so much for your input Copperfox. I totally agree with you...I am completely amazed at the results I've gotten from LM products and I've never gotten that kind of results from any other products.

Also, IF I ever did purchase from another vendor again, it would be to use in conjunction with LM products not as a replacement....besides, I'm not going to have the money to purchase from anyone else even if I wanted to...I'm busy putting together my shoppping list for my next LM order even before my current order has arrived. :D

Anyway, I will edit my post. Didn't mean to offend anyone or break any rules.

Happy Hoodooing to all!

Phoenix

Hoodoo Girl

Unread post by Hoodoo Girl » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 am

Copperfox, so true. I like your quote, and I agree whole heartedly. I really enjoy LM products and the service is superior, that's why I am here! :D

CopperFox

Unread post by CopperFox » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 am

Glad to know you took my suggestion in the neighborly way that it was intended! As a true occult supply snob, I can say without reservation that Lucky Mojo products trump all others in efficacy and authenticity.

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

vita21

Unread post by vita21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 am

Hello all I am from NYC currently living in New Jersey. I am so excited to be here and learn about all things hoodoo. I am extremely new to this and I look forward to using this site to explore different ideas and learn tips to doing it. I have always felt a calling to this and I am trilled to now meet people who share my same interests.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “2010 Introductions”