Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
bluebutterfly12

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Thank you Joseph
I have a general idea of the answers to my questions were :)

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:43 am

hello,

I read the things about candle flames and stuff on the LM website, but I couldn't find this one. I had tried to snuff the female figure's flame out by spitting on my finger, and I had to do it three times because the flame would go out but relight again, and this happened three times. I was wondering of this was a good sign or bad sign? I am doing this candle for love.

Thank you so much, any answers would help =)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:50 am

Hello, bluebutterfly12 -- good question -- the one whose flame won't go out or is difficult to extinguish is interested in the work and most longing for it to continue and to bear fruit. If this only happens to one of two candles or to half of a two-person candle, then it applies to that person only.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:12 am

thank you Ms.Cat =)

actually to be honest, it happened to both flames at different times, I spit on my fingers,and I have been doing this for 7 days,and it has been hard to turn the flames off in both figures, the male one, I will snuff,but the flame will go out have way and light again, and the female does the same too, could it be that I am snuffing it wrong? both flames have been hard to snuff,the whole time i have been lighting it.I will snuff the flames between my fingers, it will snap, then the flame gets small, but relight again, I have to do it at least twice to extiungish the flame,and that goes for both persons

danielle7

Unread post by danielle7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:46 am

I recently did a candle spell to bring back my husband after a huge fight. I poured my heart out into that spell!

Anyway, for some reason I can not stop thinking about the flame. It's like the visual in embedded in my brain. It was so tall and had some blue in it. The candle burned so even and clean The wax didn't didn't even drip down the sides. It was strong from beginning to end. I felt really good about it.

However, my spouse continues to be unbelievably stubborn and cold.

I am concerned that I might be obsessing over a result and standing in the way of my work because I can't stop thinking about that candle! Any thoughts?

Also should I try a road opener to try to at least get some communication going again?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

danielle7 --

1) It is unclear to me what you are asking here:

A) If you want a reading on your candle flame, we cannot provide that here in the Lucky Mojo Forum, but you can read my candle divination page in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," here: http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

B) If you want a reading on your work, we cannot provide that here in the Lucky Mojo Forum, but if you ask, we can point you to many ways to get paid and free readings in our community of workers at AIRR and via he Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour Radio Show.

2) A Road Opener candle is not the first thing that comes to my mind.

I would burn a triangle of three vigil lights, with a happy-couple photo and some personal concerns and love, forgiveness, and sexual desire herbs in the middle of the triangle. The three vigil lights i would select would be Return To Me, Reconciliation, and Marriage (because he is your husband, not just a boyfriend).I would set three sets of those three lights, which will give you a continuous burn of 15 - 20 days, depending on room temperature and other variables.

If you need more coaching on how to perform such a spell, you can hire almost any of the rootworkers at AIRR to coach you through it -- a ten-minute consultation would be sufficient to teach it to you, and many of us charge ten dollars for a ten minute coaching session by phone.

Good Luck.

-----

I have merged your thread into the long and ongoing thread on candle divination and retitled it from "Tall candle flame, good sign?" to the canonical "Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains" -- which has 1,430 posts in it at the time i am writing. If you read the entire thread, you may find other answers to your specific question, and learn more about African American hoodoo folk magic in general.

Because this is such a large forum and has been in existence for so many years, we request that users locate and post in existing topic threads whenever possible, to save moderators from having to merge threads.

The Lucky Mojo Forum is comprised of four sub-forums --

General Information:
"General"
(information about our company and forum policies)

Products:
"How To Use Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure"
(how to cast spells with spiritual supplies made and sold by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.)

Conditions:
"Ask Us For Help With Hoodoo, Conjure, and Rootwork"
(how to select spiritual supplies and perform spells for various life situations)

Community
"Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Community"
(information about the hoodoo and rootworking community around the world)

Within each sub-forum there are hundreds of threaded posts.

Discussions of candle divination go in the sub-forum "How To Use Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure", and within that sub-forum, they go in the section "Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells." Within that section is the thread "Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains" -- where your post now resides -- and if you read all 1,430 posts in that thread, you will see many further detailed replies to the same, similar, and variant queries.

Thanks for understanding.
catherine yronwode

danielle7

Unread post by danielle7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Thank you

babymama2

Unread post by babymama2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:32 am

Hi there! I want to know are these signs..?? I got Miss Bri to set a devotional candle for me to return my lover: today i have been seeing things that pertain to him and this is only the 2nd day of the candle being burned! My lover has a bald head and whenever im angry with him i tend to call him Mr. Clean head..lol and today on facebook first thing i saw was a big pic of Mr. Clean plus his favorite comedian is Steve Harvey.. A steve harvey marathon has been on television ALL DAY!! What does all this mean?? Is it that my candle burning will work things out in my favor????

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:49 am

babymama2 --

If you have had Miss Bri set your light, you should be in consultation with her about signs from the candle wax and smoke; if you cannot contact her at once, please read through this entire thread into which i merged your stray post, which contains literally hundreds of conversations about candle signs, and also have a look at this web page of mine on candle divination:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
catherine yronwode

lme121384

Unread post by lme121384 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Its now taking an hour for my small birthday candles to burn down on my sugar jar. It was taking ten minutes. What can you tell me bout this and is it good?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I personally don't work with birthday candles because I have found the quality can be questionable and the burn is not always a spiritual sign. Give me a Black Cat Brand 4" Altar Candle and we are in business!

Though to answer your question that a slower burn than normal can be a bad sign. Sometimes resistance. You can read more about it here.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

lme121384

Unread post by lme121384 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 pm

@papa newt thank you. its a different kind/pack but i still dont think it should take that long. What do you recommend to counter the resistance?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Honestly I cannot say because there could be a certain number of unseen factors in play.

The best way to find out what is going on is to preform a divination or getting a reading from a reputable reader such as one of the members of the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Brother Elijah Mose
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Brother Elijah Mose » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:45 pm

On Wednesday I began a red lovers candle for a client/friend dressed in Dixie Love Oil, Kiss Me Now powder, and some love herbs.

I decided to burn this candle in three sections, including Friday and the following Monday.

Today my friend said he was going out, and I promised to burn his candle today at the planetary hour of Venus.

The female side burned faster than the male. At one point the male went out and I had the relight it. This happened twice, and I decided to snuff the female side and discontinue the work until later.

I consulted the Candle Divination page on LM but have found it difficult to search the threads lately.

What does the male side going out three times mean since the female seemed to be burning fast? Was I right to end the work til later?
HRCC Graduate #1765

Jude

Unread post by Jude » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:50 pm

On the 29th of November I started burning a candle to Santisima Muerte for her assistance in returning my lover to me. I used a Red and Black dual action candle. The red to draw his love back to me and the black to remove any and all negativie influence from our relationship for a fresh start. It has been two days and the candle has already burned more then half way down. My guestion is this: Today I noticed a red liquid dripping down the front of the candle starting a Satisima's waist and stopping at her feet. Keep in mind this is a glass encased candle and I used no oils. I looked for cracks in the glass that may have possibly caused wax to seep out and could find none. I have never experienced this before and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what might have caused this or what it could mean.

Thanks and many blessing.

Love Unlimited

Unread post by Love Unlimited » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Ok i've been doing the prayer of st helena for 3 days with the nail each time on The lower bottom of the candle.
When i removed the nail from the wax under it their was a shape of a heart. I can clearly see it!! Could this be that my prayers will be answer? I'm thinking YES!! MY GOD how often do one see a hart shape melted candle?

What do you guys think? Is it a message?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Sure looks like it. This is precisely the kind of thing we look for in reading candle wax.

You could always do another divination -- Tarot, pendulum, whatever system speaks truth to you -- to be sure.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Love Unlimited

Unread post by Love Unlimited » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:34 pm

MissMichaele wrote:Sure looks like it. This is precisely the kind of thing we look for in reading candle wax.

You could always do another divination -- Tarot, pendulum, whatever system speaks truth to you -- to be sure.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
Thank you Michaele.. Right now i DON'T wanna jinx it . At this moment i'm going to keep doing the prayer with the nails and wait for some result. That heart just gave me so much hope & faith that this man will be mine.

be_777

Unread post by be_777 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm currently performing a moving candle break-up spell on a couple and it's about halfway done.

I have two black figural candles, one male and one female.

The male candle tends to burn pretty high and clean for the most part. There is some candle popping but not a lot so I interpret that as a good sign.

The female's candle tends to be noisier and a polyp forms on the wick. However, just today, the female candle seemed to suddenly start falling apart with lots of wax dripping down the side and the front of the candle. One of the wax pieces broke off of the female candle and I saw what looked like a person lying face down with head in folded arms in the wax. It looked like a person sobbing.

I've heard noisy candles can indicate either strong opposition or strong power on my behalf by spirits.

Based on what I've said, what should I make of the female candle and the break-up spell in general?

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 am

be_777 wrote:I'm currently performing a moving candle break-up spell on a couple and it's about halfway done.

I have two black figural candles, one male and one female.

The male candle tends to burn pretty high and clean for the most part. There is some candle popping but not a lot so I interpret that as a good sign.

The female's candle tends to be noisier and a polyp forms on the wick. However, just today, the female candle seemed to suddenly start falling apart with lots of wax dripping down the side and the front of the candle. One of the wax pieces broke off of the female candle and I saw what looked like a person lying face down with head in folded arms in the wax. It looked like a person sobbing.

I've heard noisy candles can indicate either strong opposition or strong power on my behalf by spirits.

Based on what I've said, what should I make of the female candle and the break-up spell in general?
Hello be_777,

It sounds to me that this is a sign of a potent spell. Without knowing how the targets are reacting, it would seem to me that the woman is getting more of the effects. Possibly causing doubts in her mind, making her depressed about being with this man. The noise of the candles to me seems it would represent, "Noise in the Minds." Causing unsettling thoughts and uneasy emotions.

The figure appearing in the molten wax, would seem to me, that the outcome of this is the woman being distraught and hurt by the ending of this relationship.

This is just my opinion, if it is true, remains to be seen.

Keep faith, and believe in your work! The power is in the intention you put behind it.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

be_777

Unread post by be_777 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Apollo Dark, the female candle was a complete mess. She burned out today with wax galore on the side and in front. The flame also started to split her in half as if her heart was on fire. The male candle is not complete and isn't burning as fast. The flame is strong and steady on the male candle, but not a lot of "tears" have formed and the wax that has run has run down the male candle's back. My interpretation of this is for the female, the break-up will be explosive and emotionally devastating. For the male partner, I gather that he will look back on the situation with some sorrow, but will move on with a lot less emotional involvement. Does that sound right? Anyone else is free to give their opinion on the matter.

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Dear all,

I hope everyone is doing fine today.
I need some help in interpreting something that just happened although it might mean nothing.
I was working on a love spell. I anointed a pink candle with king solomon wisdom oil, carved my partner's name on the candle and decided to take an herkimer diamond and put it inside the candle holder then placed the candle on top of it then said my spell. I like to work with crystals so I also put some rose quartz all around the candle.
It was a clear burn but at the end my diamond popped out of the candle holder and broke in two then the candle lit off. There are 3 or 4 small dot like of wax on the table but no smoke just a little hissing before the herkimer popped out.
Anyone have an idea of what it could mean?

Thank you all for your reply
Sephy.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello Sephora,

First, not delving into the symbolism of this. It seems that the flame was too hot for the Crystal to handle. Causing it to split violently, much like taking Hot Glass and putting it into Cold Water. Some Crystal, much like Glass, are sensitive to temperature changes.

As far as a divination, resistance. The target may be more blocked than a little Candle ritual can handle. I suggest getting a Reading or Consultation with a Practitioner, and see what further steps might aid you to your goal.
AIRR Member

Sephora

Unread post by Sephora » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Hmmm, I think that you are right. Thank you Apollo dark.

more rainbows

Unread post by more rainbows » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi, Today I burned a red skull candle and it burned in about an hour. Burned so it is hollow. The top is gone, the right side is mostly gone. The face is still there. Back of the head is still there. Both sides of the neck are gone. I put may husband's picture underneath and added a sliver of his underwear on top. I burned it because we have separated for about a month and I want him to say something solid about reconciliation.., like a plan, be invested, etc. I have burned others glass encased candles, Come-to-me and Humming Bird. The Come-to-me burns dark on the 1/4 the rest clear. The Hummingbird burns a little white film on the glass. I added a Road Opener and it has the white film on the glass too. I always have one or both of the relationship candles burning since the separation. He visits our child (us) often. He is pretty darn nice when he is here and includes me in everything. I have noticed his better attitude and he is differential.
1) what do with this since it is not a puddle, but still a recognizable skull?
2) should I wait or burn another red skull asap?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi more rainbows,

sounds from your descriptions like you have some movement but that there are still some issues and obstacles in your way. If your red skull candle still has wick, clear out the wax in the way an burn it all the way through - if the wick is finished and what you describe is what's left - seriously consider getting some good photos of the set-up and then consulting with a member of AIRR and getting a full divination on the results of that and your Vigil light burns. The members of AIRR that also perform candle divination can be found here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

1) if the candle is finished with and you won't be getting a professional divination, then dispose of the ritual remains by burying them below your front steps or in your front yard (to bring him back, you can read more about that here: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#earth)
2) ideally, get a divination to elucidate the next steps to take. alternatively you can wait 3 days and see if you're getting signs and based on the signs decide if another red skull candle or just the vigil lights are necessary.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

BlessedOne

Unread post by BlessedOne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am

I have had the honey jar for my bf and myself for the last 7 months. I largely used candles anointed with love related LM oils. Due to the continual issues we have been having, I set a white candle anointed with Healing, Tranquility, Reconciliation, Special Oil 20 (for Blessing) and Peaceful home on the Honey Jar earlier this evening. Thereafter, I set a yellow candle anointed with Cast off Evil targeted at my bf to cast off behaviours that are destructive and negative towards me and the growth of our relationship.

When the yellow candle was about 1 inch tall (I use the 4 inch candle), I heard a pop which came from the white candle on the honey jar - the candle had burned down to nothing but there were 2 flames - smaller (about 1/4 inch) in front and a larger behind (about 1/2 inch), but the 2 flames were separated by a small distance. At the same time that this happened, the yellow candle flame was flickering strongly up and down. On the honey jar, the smaller flame burned out, and the larger flame went on for another few minutes more before burning out as well.

Would anyone be able to help advise what the above means at all? Also, am not sure if am posting this under the correct category - pardon me if not.

Thank you.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm

I'd advise you to get a reading to be sure. However, based on your description, the yellow candle looks like there's a larger issue between the two of you (large flame behind the two small flames) that is keeping your boyfriend from casting off his evil habits. Perhaps he can't over come his bad habits/addiction on his own, and it's looming behind your relationship.

TO be sure, get a reading on the burn.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

BlessedOne

Unread post by BlessedOne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Dear Mary

Thank you for your reply. The 2 flames were on the Honey Jar (white candle), not the Cast off Evil candle. The Cast off Evil candle flickered up and down strongly when the pop sound went off on the Honey Jar white candle and its the white candle that had burned down to nothing that became 2 flames with the bigger one behind the smaller one.

Mamabu

Unread post by Mamabu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Male genitals in blue candle wax for communication
I am working on reconcialiation betwen my ex and I . Im burning pink candles as well as blue ones to help us better communicate. Specifically to help him open up to me and easily share his feelings. Today I burned the last blue candle ( series of 3 weeks) and saw a penis shape in the wax. what do you think this means? I have looked at the 50 pages of candle divination but couldnt find my answer. thank you

Manknee
Newly Registered

Unread post by Manknee » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:21 am

I don't know if this is the right spot but... I burned 2 figure candles and the makes candle(my ex boyfriend) took longer to burn. His flame was always higher than the female(me). Neither candle burned completely out but the wicks are buried in the wax. The female candle had a good deal of run off dripping in the front of the candle but the wax running to the back and is jagged looking. The male candle had minimal wax run off and was smooth. The wax kind of pooled around him. I was wondering what that meant.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 am

Hi Mamabu & Manknee,

if you haven't been able to find explanations for your burns in the on-line information provided by Miss Cat here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html, then consider getting a reading from one of the AIRR worker how offers candle reading services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading
Aura Laforest

Ashley

Unread post by Ashley » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Hello, i have got a case that i cant really understand.
I am a female and was using a red marriage candle to work on my love case.
I dont know why the female of the candle went out, even i relighted it, it went out again, but the male part has a high flame, sometimes with a line of smoke.
Its nice if anyone is willing to share. Thanks.
Thank you so much LuckyMojo~ I learn so much from the forum. Thanks all~

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:36 am

Hi Ashley,

if you read through this thread you'll find similar situations you can refer to. There is also the HITAP page that Miss Cat has so graciously made available to all via the WWW here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html, your situation is addressed under the heading ''The candle burns unusually slowly or "won't go out"''. Perhaps some Clarity and King Solomon Wisdom work can also help.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:31 am

A taper candle I was burning for a "psychic vision" spell burnt quite clean and well for many hours, it was a clean and very still flame. In the early hours of the morning I heard the candle begin to sizzle and pop after being so silent for hours and so I stared at it. Very quickly and fluidly it shrunk straight down and went out entirely, leaving almost 3 inches of unused candle behind. The candle did burn below the words I inscribed into it but I've never seen that happen before, I definately got the feeling spirit was involved in that moment but I don't know if it was positive or not?

I read through the candle divination info Cat has suggested to others and I saw where the popping and cracking was spirit getting our attention but the parts that mentioned candles going out did not match mine, they seemed to refer to candles being snuffed out by those working the spell but this one just looked as though all the air was sucked out of the flame but the candle was in a room with no drafts and it had plenty of air to burn. Any thoughts on this?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:40 am

That is not a great sign...having a candle go completely out is out of the ordinary. As rote as it sounds for many who visit the forums on a regular basis, I would still suggest getting a specific and direct reading on the occurrence. Have you done any divination yourself to try and uncover the cause of this event?
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

TheBeard

Unread post by TheBeard » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:08 am

No I haven't done a reading yet but I will. I was concerned that it may be a bad sign. I beleive a wiccan high priest may be trying to block or bind my 3rd eye because it caught him cursing me in secret when he was supposed to be my friend. He wants to keep attacking me with my guard down. I suspect he is the culprit anyway but I will try to read for myself. I am waiting for my finances to improve so I can get a reading from a rootworker and some conjurework done on my behalf as this guy has no life and has a powerful desire to prove himself right and justify his evil so he isn't gonna quit unless he thinks he may be in danger and it is no longer worth it.

Breezy77
Newly Registered

Unread post by Breezy77 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:28 pm

I am relatively new to candle magic and spells and I'm a little confused. For months now I have been burning pink rose scented votive candles for my husband. We are separated but have been trying to work on things.

I have to admit that I burn the candles frequently, pretty much daily, when I am home and honestly I don't always light them with a lot of conscious intention. I burn the candle on my altar in front of a picture of us but I don't say a prayer or state my intention every time I light it.....so there is definite intention but I didn't really consider it a spell.....

I don't anoint the candles with anything or prepare them in any way, like I would with a vigil candle or spell for something specific. I guess I considered it more of a physical reminder of what is in my heart.....if that makes sense.....but I don't considered it a formal "spell".

I've been using a small glass holder and the candles burn pretty clean as long as I remember to take the sticker off the bottom.....but when I don't a little wax builds up and I eventually I just completely clean out all the wax and start over. Needless to say I haven't really been paying much attention or looking for any signs in them.

Then today I lit a new candle and there was some wax build up at the bottom of the holder, so I don't know if the candle was sitting crooked or if it was just that specific candle but the flame must have burned too close to the glass and it broke the side and top of the holder into pieces but no wax spilled and the candle burned it self out leaving a wall of wax on one side of the holder.

Now I don't know what to think......should I view that as an indication of something, because there was some intention in the burning or just something that's eventually going to happen when you burn a lot of candles.....

Any advice would be appreciated......

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Breezy77,

A broken candle holder is a bad sign if you are working for reconciliation. The "wall of wax" also sounds like a refusal.

I would suggest that you get a reading about the prospects of spell work in your case and then, if magical activity is called for, take these signs seriously and attempt to do some serious spell work to see what can be fixed.
catherine yronwode

N1reht

Unread post by N1reht » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

My HM candle is halfway through. The wick is very close now to the glass instead of the middle, it has burned some of the label and now the glass is cracking around (above the flame).

What could this possibly mean for an HM candle?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 pm

If you have read Lucky Mojo's candle divination page (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html), you know that '...candle breaking or cracking is never a good sign.' You could wait until the candle finishes to read the signs or do some damage control and move the wick to the middle of the candle before it breaks because from your description it may break.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm

N1reht wrote:My HM candle is halfway through. The wick is very close now to the glass instead of the middle, it has burned some of the label and now the glass is cracking around (above the flame).

What could this possibly mean for an HM candle?
Hello N1reht,

Sounds like it is hitting a blockage that is more than the Candle can handle. It may be time to consider more in-depth spell work. Either by you, or a Professional Practioner.

Here are some products you may consider:

BCR-HOO-HEAL
Healing Bath Crystals
$5.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-HOO-HEAL
Healing Oil
$7.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

SPD-HOO-HEAL
Healing Sachet Powder
$5.00

AMU-USA-HEYE
Anti-evil Eye Bead Bracelet, Turquoise & Green, Healing Protection from Jealousy, Hand Made
$20.00

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member

N1reht

Unread post by N1reht » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I placed some of the HM oil where his head and spine meet and sprinkled HM sachet powder in the four corners of the room and a lil on his gown.

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 am

Forgive me. I posted this as a continuation in the honey jar section, but have not been helped.

Also, I need guidance. I have done this before, but never had this happen to me. First off, i carve my intentions, his name and birthdate in all of my candles, pray, and meditate my intention and thoughts after

Friday, I burned a white candle, strong and tall flame--left a circular 1/2" wax residue and burnt wick
Saturday, I burned pink, strong and tall flame--left the same 1/2' circular wax residue next to the white, burnt wick
**Note, the residue was bumpy, so I couldn't wax another candle on top of it without having a hazard

Sunday, I burned red, strong and tall flame--I had to wax the candle on the side of the metal lid due to the other residue--left no residue, just a tip of the burnt wick

Monday, i burned a pink candle, and did something different. Because I have no conditioning oils, i read that olive oil can be a substitute IF you charge it with your energy and intentions, which I did for as long as I felt. I continued with my regular carving, added the oil with my dominating hand from the base up, to draw him towards me, and I stuck the candle on the side again.
This time, the candle was flickering, but not the entire time...i found that odd because my room's windows are closed.
I decided to take a nap towards the end and when I woke up, the candle was already done.

Not only did the pink candle melt all of the other residue cleaned, but the 3 remaining burnt wick formed the first letter of his name. ( T )

I am assuming that things are working? I put it all of my energy, focus, and faith everyday, religiously.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Mechii,

the pink candle burn from Monday in particular sounds very good. You can find details on what the flickering means as well as many other symbols for divination via the following link: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html.

If you want a detailed reading concerning your burns, take pictures and then send them to one of the AIRR worker that offers candle reading services: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Evening, it's me again!

I have read the candle divination page but I'm a bit confused as to what a "clean burn" is. The first 2 candles were the only ones that left 1/2 residue but that quickly was fixed on the 4th day as my pink candle melted everything.

Does a clean burn involve the wick as well? I find that my wicks obviously turn black and stay stuck on the lid, but no wax residue. Would this be a bad or good sign?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:07 am

Hi Mechii,

A clean burn usually refers to no wax residue. Usually there will be a small bit of wick left which can be used for divination should you so desire. When a candle burns through residue left from previous days' lightings, it often means that the obstacles are being worked through and that the work is taking effect - that said one should also look for real-world signs and movement of spell-work manifestation.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:29 am

3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months is how the signs happen, correct? Or does this vary? He does not contact me and I have alot of pride so I will not make the first move...

Tomorrow will be a full week since I've started my jar and candle burning. There is still much time left

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

Mechii wrote:3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months is how the signs happen, correct? Or does this vary?
It varies a goodly deal, three days, three weeks and three months is just a rule of thumb.
Mechii wrote:He does not contact me and I have alot of pride so I will not make the first move...
Just a word of advice, but if you really went him back you might have to swallow your pride and make the first move.
HRCC Student #1559

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Oh man, I have absolutely no idea how to get in contact with him without making myself seem "desperate" and unable to give space. I mean, it's been 3 weeks since we have spoken and it's unlikely that we will run into each other ….

I'm getting a reading tomorrow, hopefully this lady will be able to give me some news as to what my next step should be…

I figured I just let my jar do it's work and if it's truly working, they HE can too put his pride aside and contact me. I have always been the initiator.

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:32 pm

I finished the Firey Wall of Protection spell and the crucifix candle formed a skull! The cross arms burned and formed a skull in circular eyes when I was finished burning the candle. Also, the directions were not clear as how to dispose of the purple candle and crucifix wax since they were the saints working on my behalf. I think the directions should be revised to accurately reflect what to do with the purple candles (the saints) and the Archangel Michael crucifix candle. I went to the graveyard and threw the black candle, burned paper that included the name of the enemy "The Evil Ones" and the china at at grave head stone to give it to the spirit world. But I threw the purple wax and leftover incense ashes and to the setting sun or to the west at the crossroads. I did not have time to wash down my house with the bath salts yet, but will do so tomorrow. Let me know your thoughts on this please. Thank you in advance. I truly appreciate this forum!

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 pm

This should have been posted in "Fiery Wall of Protection." Sorry for posting in the wrong area!

workwonders

Unread post by workwonders » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello LM Forum:

Please read over what I done and give me some suggestions, I am a new worker.

Two weeks ago, I started my Lucky Mojo Follow Me Boy and Come to Me glass encased candles that were sent pre-dressed. I anointed the candles a little more with the Atrraction, Come to me, and Follow Me Boy oils. Then prayed over them , lit them, started the Songs of Solomon and called the target's name into the work three times a day as required.

I have went to the car door and did some of the three mentioned above in powder with some Magnetic Sand. I even made a goop of it for to step in with the oils and powder mix (mainly experimental there) on my part and called his name into the work and said part of the Psalms 23. I am asking that he come to me, talk me, etc.

Then a week ago, I went to the apartment door, dressed that and the key slot area, and the powders on the step banister and oil down and did the same requirements.

I have ran into the target three times and each has been with him in the car either in front of me, or parked at the gas station and he didn't get out. I even seen him at the gas station inside the store and he was talking to someone, as I was quite close nearby he didn't even glance (which he usually does). I wasn't sure a sign was even happening. So now I am moving into my third week for movement, and I started a Come to Me Spell w/lodestone on this past Friday in the evening and a Love Honey Jar with my hair, but not his.

I am sensing some resistance on his part

What concerns me is

1) Do I continue with the Love Honey Jar and Come to Me spell in the waning moon, or should I just move it to the morning/afternoon time? Do people still have success or movement during the waning moon time?

2) Have I overloaded too much work here?

Help! What should I do for success here?
Last edited by catherineyronwode on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Reformatted for clarity

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 am

Hi workwonders,

if you aren't getting signs and movement, it might be time to get a reading from a reliable worker like on the fine members of AIRR: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ootworkers. They can assess your chances of success as well as recommend measures should it be possible to bring about a relationship.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 am

Hi everyone

I just wanted to ask if anyone had any thoughts on this divination. I had a return to e vigil set for me at lm, and the following results were stated: The candle left black smoke and soot traces at the top but was clear at the bottom, am I right in thinking that the obstacles and/or resistance present via the soke will be overcome due to the candle burning clear towards the end? I am going to repeat the work however as recommended by one of the AIRR workers, however the candle burned steadily. I'd appreciate any thoughts of suggestions.

Best wishes to you all

workwonders

Unread post by workwonders » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Thank you Aura,

Aside from the movement issue --

Should honey jars be continued during the waning moon when attempted during the evening times, or should the work be done in the morning/afternoons regardless of moon or lunar phase?

I know some do different things, but the method of proven success is the one I would like to pursue.

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

Nobody has responded to my posts? Can someone please respond? Thank you in advance. :?: :roll:

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:25 am

Starcaster: Each time I have witnesses this spell being done the candles burned down all the way. If you had some left of your crucifix and purple candles that I would bury them by your front door, possibly even under the packet, if you chose to hang it outside of your home for protection of the home. Beneficial spellwork "left-overs" can always be buried on the property, typically front yard/back yard for different situations.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi all,

Quick question. What exactly is gray/black soot around a glass encased candle? Would "fog" be considered soot or would I know if it's soot? I have never seen soot so I am unsure of what I should be looking for as my 7 day candle burns.

I'm burning a St. Martha candle, not doing any work yet, just slowly building a relationship with her, but I do pray to her. The glass is pretty clear, no signs of black/grayness or discoloration anywhere, but I do notice that it is a bit "muggy" and "foggy"…but Im assuming this is from the flame itself.

Also, my flame has not been steady, does the melted wax puddle cause this?

Thanks

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 am

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Starcaster: Each time I have witnesses this spell being done the candles burned down all the way. If you had some left of your crucifix and purple candles that I would bury them by your front door, possibly even under the packet, if you chose to hang it outside of your home for protection of the home. Beneficial spellwork "left-overs" can always be buried on the property, typically front yard/back yard for different situations.
Thank you for your response. I called the store and they told me to throw the remains at the setting sun. Totally different answer than you have given to me. The spell seems very confusing since there are really two separate purposes to the spell; and the instructions are not clear. I would like Miss Cat to clarify would precisely should have been done in this instance since she is the creator of these products. I did not have any purple candles left and only the white crucifix candle left that had formed the skull shape with eyes formed from the crucifix candle arms.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”