Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
believingforthebest

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by believingforthebest » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:believingforthebest --

Are you saying there was no sheet of paper?
Yes Miss Cat there was no sheet of paper and I will for sure call the shop again tomorrow... Thank you again :)
Last edited by Papa Newt on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the code for the quote box.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:23 am

believingforthebest wrote: Yes Miss Cat there was no sheet of paper and I will for sure call the shop again tomorrow... Thank you again :)
Hello,

I attempted to call you, but I got the message, "Not accepting Calls"

Your instructions are going to be sent out via Postal Mail today. Sorry for any confusion.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 am

Tash,

Reconciliation Oil is good by itself, but if, in addition to having arguments, you are also physically separated, you would do well to add Return To Me Oil. You can use Peace Water as a room spray to keep tempers calm.

For promoting a Lesbian relationship, there are LGBT-oriented love oils which can be added to any of the other love oils -- Lavender Love Drops and Q [Queer] Oil are quite well known in this regard. Another oil i know to be reguarly purchased by my Lesbian customers is Queen Elizabeth Root in Oil, and among very butch women, John the Conquer Oil has found favour.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Tash

Unread post by Tash » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Cat,

Thank you for your reply.
I have added the return to me oil to my order and look forward to receiving everything so I can get started. How long do honey jars normally take to work? I had a reading done about a month ago and my reader said I had to tread carefully as my ex had a powerful ancestor protecting her from any coercive work, but if I kept at it, I had a good chance of getting her back. For this I am really nervous as I don't want any backclash. But I also have read that honey Jars take so long to manifest. We have had more arguments since my last reading and havent spoken since sunday which is quite long fpr peope that talk everyday, do you think I should have another one or just keep going ahead based on what I've already been told?

Thanks again.

sweet-12
Newly Registered

Unread post by sweet-12 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Can I make two honey/sugar/ sweet jars using the same name (person) to make the spell stronger?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Tash --

You say,"I also have read that honey Jars take so long to manifest."

I am not sure what you mean by that. HOW long have you heard that they take? Because i know they can work quickly or at a slower pace, but it is very important to not consider that NO ACTION is a sign that action will manifest LATER. I mean, NO ACTION is just that -- NO ACTION. Nine days should be enough to get you going exactly the way you want on a sugar jar or honey jar. That is the number of days recommended for a complete honey jar Court Case spell -- no less than nine days. So if you think or were told that they take six months or something like that -- well, that's just not true, in my experience.

sweet-12 --

No, that is a total waste of your time and energy. A spell jar is a TOOL. If you want to hammer a nail, you get one good hammer and learn how to use it. Trying to hammer a nail with two hammers will not make the work go faster, better, or stronger.
catherine yronwode

TWL142

Unread post by TWL142 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm planning on starting two honey jars, one to sweeten my in-laws and one to bring my husband back to me. I've heard blueberries have good protective qualities. I want to protect myself and my marriage from my husband's girlfriend. Would blueberry honey be a good idea or should I use regular honey?

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:54 pm

CAN we use Essence of bend over on the candle that we burn on top of the honey jar? To sweeten and command the one we love at the same time?

se7en
Newly Registered

Unread post by se7en » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi all ;) ,

I am wondering if someone could answer some questions i have regarding a Honey jar spell I started tonight for my ex boyfriend.
We broke up nearly a year ago (Jan `12), he called it off after 5 years...his reasons change on a daily basis for why he ended it. He doesn't think there is any point on us "trying to work it out" as he states he knows "it wont work"...

Yet,We still talk to each other (almost everyday sometimes, which he initiates.) Each and every time I "have enough" of this roller coaster ride he wont let me go, he will always reach out for me... We are still intimate/have sexual intercourse-which more or less occurs on a weekly basis...When we are in each others company he is extremely affectionate, he stares at me and i catch him doing it, wants to cuddle/spoon, has to touch me, he stays for hours afterwards... He states that he is not interested in anyone else, nor has he dated anyone else (I am not sure how true that is), he states he still loves me, and isn't happy about us not working out, yet he does not want to "work on us" which was and is upsetting for me as I do...but anyway, I digress :oops:

As the pink candle on top of my honey jar burned I took some notes and compared what happened with my candle to the LM notes on candles, which is also very helpful :D

The flame was quite long in length at times, but at the tip of it it appeared to be "flickering" or something to that effect.

At first the wick stuck out of the flame, as the candle burned the flame made a loop ( a slanted/italic "P" shape..his surname starts with a "P"-not sure if that means anything). I read what it meant and agree as what is going on between me and him does feel very intense, albeit stagnant!
But, because I was surprised to see this i decided to take a photo using my phone as I have not seen this. When I looked at my photo i noticed pink/magenta orbs/circles around my candle and jar. I decided to continue to take photos of this, and these pink coloured orbs remained in my photos. As the candle continued to burn instead of there being orb shapes there was a pink/magenta beam shining from above the candle all the way down the jar, no orbs..i am not sure how to interpret this, or what this could mean? :?

At first there were no drips, towards the end of the candle there was a drip, but it happened very quickly and left a "line of wax" no tear shapes
The flame then seemed to have a blue outline around it, again, i am not sure what this could mean, if it means anything at all

Towards the end of the burning there was a slight quiet hissing sound....again the flame was quite tall, a little over an inch in length. I heard one "pop" sound.

When the candle finished burning I was left with an "L" shape, his middle name starts with "L", I wasn't sure if it was linked to that or "L" for love..LOL, which thinking about it now, I think I am probably am just trying to look for obvious signs :oops:

If someone could offer me some guidance on my candle I would be very very grateful

Thank you in advance!!

:mrgreen:

chocl8

Unread post by chocl8 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 am

I have made a sugar jar to help sweeten an ex and to help him to communicate to me. After I had made it I realized my thoughts had shifted from what if to when. A couple days later I dream he came back with gifts of diamonds and one of them said love( any thoughts on this???). I had a reading done and I was told that he loves me but is confused by his infatuation for another woman. This pyschic was the one that suggested I do the sugar jar. She said communication will help him to realize how much he lOves me. She said that the sugar works slow but it will help. I was wondering is there some other work that could be done along side(complement) the sugar jar to give him more of a nudge?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 am

I'd get a red skull candle and dress it with Come To Me and Love Me oils. Put a picture of the man under the candle (careful that it doesn't burn up; these candles melt all over so don't leave it unattended when burning). Burn it a little each day especially while he might be asleep at night and talk to him as if he was right in front of you, saying "You will come back to me, you love only me, you forget all other women" or whatever is in your heart.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

chocl8

Unread post by chocl8 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks Mary Bee I think I will try that.

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

@FeelingaPerfect7 - Essence of Bend Over with a honey jar? Why would you want to do that? It doesn't even make sense to me. Like beating a puppy and then expecting it to be sweet to you. I wouldn't. There are much gentler oils that you can use to get the upper hand without commanding.
Donna

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

@d1angel

I was thinking it was be a good way to get him to pay attention while the honey
Sweetens him towards me? Idk... I mean I did sprinkle EOB on the 4 corners of his
Bedroom. Hopefully he is more willing? Idk... I was just trying to use something
To make him do what I want while sweetening him. Anything u recommend?

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Follow Me Boy, Come to Me, Stay with Me, Love Me, Chupparosa, maybe Compelling.

Essence of Bend Over is pretty cruel and degrading in its intent. Compelling doesn't have that degrading intention to it.

You can use them separately, like a carrot and a stick, but mixing together sweet things with mean-hearted things is sometimes confusing to the person you are trying to get through to, and not always effective.

Have you gotten a reading?
Donna

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am

@d1angel

Thank u:) I will look at those I dont have those except follow me boy powder
Which I use often, btw how about I dominate my man oil? Can that be used with the
Honey jar?

Yes I have had a reading with MS.Cat :) she said my work is good
But as far as me trying to change the way my target is its not going to
Work since he is very confused n stubborn there's more... but ya I guess
I should just not try to change him...

Queen Enchantress

Unread post by Queen Enchantress » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:17 am

I would take that dream as a good sign. One thing I like to do is anoint myself with psychic oil and think of a question I want to dream the answer to like “How is my spell work affecting so and so?” “Will so and so love me again?” etc. I usually end up dreaming something or end up waking with an intuitive feeling.

You could also add cinnamon and ginger powder to the candle to increase and heat up his passion, desire and love for you. Increasing his desire, passion and love for you might speed things up and add a boost to the sugar jar.

chocl8

Unread post by chocl8 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 am

Thank you Queen, I forgot about the cinnamon and I never thought about using Ginger. I really want to work the jar but I don't want to over do it. I somewhat have a fear of over thinking it or becoming obsessed with it. But I do have a feeling that everything is going to workout.

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 am

I think I Dominate My Man is too coercive to use with a honey jar, too. Not to say you can't use it, but I wouldn't use it with a honey jar. If you need to use it, use it with other spells.

Remember, the honey jar is to sweeten him. It's gentle! How do you act when you're with someone you want to sweeten? You're not in their faces telling them to do what you say, you're gentle, and sweet, and flattering. As we say in the South, "Butter wouldn't melt in your mouth." You can change him - but a honey jar isn't forceful. I see it as a way of leading him around to your point of view - but letting him think he's in charge. You're using a carrot, not a stick, to bring him around. That sort of thing takes time.

The more coercive, dominating oils and powders belong with other spells, IMHO. But check with Ms. Cat. She knows a lot more about your situation than I do. :-)

I had to laugh when I read the sugar spell for sweetening family members, where you do the spell with granulated sugar, make cookies with it, and bring the cookies to the people you want to sweeten. Heck, if someone's bringing me cookies every week, I'm going to be pretty dang sweet with them pretty quick, spell or no spell!
Donna

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello, I have been using the honey jar with the names written on a paper (followed the instruction) and lighting a red candle 3 times a week for the same person. Right now I am in need of a major help, would it help if I clean the old wax drips from the jar and remove the old paper and start fresh or add a new paper to the same jar and if you recommend to remove the wax from the jar, what should I do with it?

Please let me know if you know of a more effective spell. I do have hair from the person as well. Thank you so much.

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello, I have used the honey jar spell (the paper with the names and the red candle 3 times a week) for the past few months and it has been effective until recently I feel like I need a fresh start on the spell and I am in need of a major help, same person. Do you recommend that I start fresh with a new jar and note and everything or take out the old note and remove the old wax from the jar or leave everything and just add a new paper with our names.

If I should remove any of the old stuff, what should I do with them and if I should use the same of everything, do you have any recommendation for a very strong and effective spell. The person is in long distance but I do have hair.
I thank you for the help.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:56 pm

BTH wrote:Hello, I have used the honey jar spell (the paper with the names and the red candle 3 times a week) for the past few months and it has been effective until recently I feel like I need a fresh start on the spell and I am in need of a major help, same person. Do you recommend that I start fresh with a new jar and note and everything or take out the old note and remove the old wax from the jar or leave everything and just add a new paper with our names.

If I should remove any of the old stuff, what should I do with them and if I should use the same of everything, do you have any recommendation for a very strong and effective spell. The person is in long distance but I do have hair.
I thank you for the help.
Hello BTH,

In my opinion, if one direction isn't work, go another.

So the Honey Jar Sweeting Spell, is having mixed results. Try doing a Skull Candle Ritual.

Switch from the Theory of "Sweetening Him" to the more direct "Compelling his Thoughts"

Here are some Products to Start with:

CAN-FIG-SKRE
Skull Candle, Red
$5.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

OIL-HOO-BEWI
Bewitching Oil
$7.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HER-CAA-RTCH
Calamus Root Chips
$3.00

HER-ROS-PTLS
Rose Petals
$3.00

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Should I just keep the honey jar with the wax and the note somewhere for now?

Where do I find the instruction for the skull? I am looking for the most effective love spell. I really appreciate all the help. :)

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:28 pm

It depends on what you need "major help" with. Don't give up with the honey jar. If you have too much wax on your jar and it's becoming a fire hazard, remove it, wrap it in red cloth and tie it with thread andbury it in your front yard (I assume this is a love drawing spell? ).

you can use the rest of the hair for another working but we need a little more info on your case :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 pm

BTH wrote:Thanks so much for the suggestion. Should I just keep the honey jar with the wax and the note somewhere for now?

Where do I find the instruction for the skull? I am looking for the most effective love spell. I really appreciate all the help. :)
If you have an Altar, keep the Honey Jar there. So it can be used in the future if need be. If you decide you are completely done with it, you should ritually dispose of it at the Crossroads.

You can find all the information about Skull Candles here:

skull-candle-questions-and-answers-t15161.html

Or you can contact a Pracitioner, and have a Consultation, so they can give you a good Lesson how what Ritual to do.
AIRR Member

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks so much. I would love to give more information about this situation.
This relationship started with a lot of love and passion. There are times that he says he can not imagine his life without me and is very passionate about our relationship but sometimes he seems to be confused or cold especially recently. I really really love him and can not imagine my life without him. Please tell me what to do to get what we had back.

Thanks again so much!

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm

If it helps, I can give more details over the phone.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 pm

BTH wrote:If it helps, I can give more details over the phone.
We can't advise, in length, for this kind of work over the phone here at the Lucky Mojo Shop, but you can contact a Practitioner, and arrange to have a Consultation or Reading done with them over the phone.
AIRR Member

TWL142

Unread post by TWL142 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Please help!

I started two honey jars yesterday, one for my in-laws and one for my husband's friend. I was warming the honey jars over some tea lights and the honey has darkened. I've tasted it in my in-laws jar and it still tastes ok. The honey in my husband's friend's jar other is much darker and does taste a bit burnt. Should I re-do both honey jars, just my husband's friend's or is it ok to continue working them? The petition papers in them have darkened a bit too but aren't burnt.

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 am

Hello, The suggestions have been great and very helpful. I would love to talk to a consultant about this matter. Can I please have phone number?
Thanks so much for all the help and great ideas. Just knowing about these has already made me feel better.

BTH

Unread post by BTH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi Mary Bee, Is it possible to have your phone number so I can consult with you?
Thanks, :)

Fairywinkle

Unread post by Fairywinkle » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Hey, guys!

I've been told that you're supposed to use an odd number of ingredients in a honey jar. Does the honey count as an ingredient? Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question, but I've heard that odd number means "odd number including the honey" and I've heard that you're supposed to put an odd number of herbs in a paper before placing it in the honey.

Thanks to anyone who has the answer!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 am

Hi TWL142,
one alternative you may want to consider if you'll be heating your sweetening jars is to work with a thinner and more heat resistant sweetener such as pancake syrup. Now although burning the syrup is not the best of signs, given the petition papers themselves aren't burnt, you can keep working the same jars but stick to simply burning candles or tea lights on top of them rather than actively heating up the situations from below as well. If you really aren't certain as to the viability of the work, you could also get a quick yes/no 10 minute reading on the subject.

Hi Fairywinkle,
I've never counted the honey as an ingredient. Do keep in mind that ingredient ''counting'' is done differently by different people depending on how they were taught. Other conjures ignore this entirely and just put in what's necessary to do the job. An interesting thread on the subject you may want to read through is the following: question-on-number-of-herbs-to-be-used-t4353.html
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

TiredofTrouble

Unread post by TiredofTrouble » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello I have a question regarding honey jars...

I have inlaw troubles so I am trying to sweeten them with a honey jar. Can I add in the jar more than one personal intet paper as in one for each of the people I want to sweeten?

Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi TiredofTrouble,

no problem adding more than one name paper to the same jar in your case.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

kristilove
HRCC Student

Unread post by kristilove » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Hello, my husband has a ongoing workers comp case. I ordered a court case honey jar from LM sometime ago for the judge, and have been lighting candles on top of honey jar every Mon, Tues & Wed. I am also thinking of making a honey jar for my husband's lawyer so that he will help him more, and the workers comp doctors, so that they will write a report in favor of my husband. My question is.. which is the most appropriate honey jar spell for the lawyer and doctors...a court case, crown of success or the influence for a good purpose. Can I also do a honey jar for the oppossing attorney and the insurance claim adjustor authorizing all of my husband's medical treatment? The claim adjustor is a very difficult person to work with. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Fairywinkle

Unread post by Fairywinkle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 am

Does it matter if a corner or part of the petition paper sticks up out of the honey a little? I filled mine to the shoulder of the jar so there would be room for the paper. I did everything right, just not sure if that would make a difference. I've already started working the jar so I don't want to open it to add more honey.

Jaime Banks
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Jaime Banks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 am

FAIRYWINKLE:

Don't qet too overtechnical with it. You did fine. I fill mine up and sink my petition/photo paper and submerqe that sucker in there. As lonq as you can close the metal lid on the jar- your fine. Good Luck with your work.

-TBanks91
Thank You SO Much St.Jude
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #2043G

Angela2212

Unread post by Angela2212 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Hello
I have a question about a vinegar jar I started about 8 months ago to break up my ex and his new g/f. I worked the jar several times a week as often as I could and for as long as I could. After about 3 months I started to see results, they started to argue and fight like cat and dog. I continued to work the jar and they continued to fight, this went on for about 2 months. Things were happening in my life, I started a new job which was an important move for me and I guess I put the vinegar jar on the back burner for a while. I haven’t worked it at all now for about 3 months and my ex and his g/f have stopped their fighting and are getting on OK again. The jar is still where I left it, in a cupboard at the back of my lavatory. I want to start up the work to break them up again and my question is should I continue with the existing jar as I did see results from it or would it now have gone stale as I haven’t done anything with it for so long, should I dispose of it and start a fresh with a new jar?
Thanks in advance

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Angela: I would start working the jar you originally got great results from. The jar was not at fault, it was your neglect (for a reason, I understand) of the work. Try it again with the original jar. If you get some good signs then keep it up...if not then you may consider working a completely new jar. I hope you will keep us updated as these question's answers are always different from case to case. Best of luck.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello all It's been a while since I posted. Me and my ex are now friends and I have moved on some time ago now.

I have a new friend and wanted to do a honey jar on him. We got into a bad argument about two weeks ago but we still talk everyday. He feels uncomfortable around me and says he gets a negative vibe. So did I, but I don't feel that way anymore, just weird at times.

I've done honey jars a few times but wanted to know what oil or oils could I use for the honey jar.

He is someone I would like to be in a relationship with but we never got that fa, we are just talking.

I don't have any hair or pics. Can you help.

hello cat and conjure man. Happy holidays

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered already. Did not want to post under an old topic and not get noticed.

I have created a sweetening jar spell but I want to know if this will still work for me. My mother used to do magik in the dominican republic years ago, when she was a young woman, and she actually helped me with this. However, Im reading all of the different ways of making jar spells and I am a bit concerned if maybe mine won't work

Heres what I did on a full moon day: (today is day 2)
Used a baby food jar, did a petition on a piece of a brown paper bag with his name 3 x, turned 90 degree clockwise and wrote my name 3x and wrote my desire around it without picking up my pen (everything in red ink). Don't remember if I folded it clockwise or not, but i definitely folded it towards me. I then took a picture of him and I and folded it the same. I stuck a pin in both of these papers and put it in the jar. I then added syrup (he loves pancakes), honey, brown sugar, and regular sugar. I ate a bit of the mix and closed the lid. I then carved his name, birthdate, and my desire onto a white candle (pink/red was unavailable, but i just purchased some) and let it melt on top of the jar while i recited a prayer.

I believe that at the end of the day, your faith, prayers, and commitment will make the spell work, but is my method good, because there are so many variations out there…

thank you in advance

Edit: Also would like to know how many days should I light a candle? Ive read 7 days to charge it and then 3x a week (M, W, F) after. Yesterday was day 1 and I lit a white candle, today i lit a pink candle, tomorrow i will do white, and maybe red on Monday. I read somewhere to alternate between colors, is this a good idea? The man I am trying to sweeten up towards me did not "leave me" or "hate me", and he does have feelings for me but it was I that initiated the "break up". (just some background info). I am respecting him and allowing us to have space for i don't know how long.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 am

Mechii: Every time a forum user posts a new post in a thread it then pushes it up to the top of the Recent Posts page AND the general section it "lives" in permanently. This makes sure that there are no "old" posts as long as someone posts anything new into said thread. We have also just completed a multi-month clean-up of the entire forum. Thus, I am merging your query into the already very lively and vibrant conversation going on in this appropriate thread.
Joseph Magnuson

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Hello. You say you should only add a picture of the person being worked on, I created a jar and have included a picture of him and I together. I have no picture of him and this was a picture we took of eachother during a happy time. I figured we need to be nicer to eachother on general ... Your thoughts?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Mechii,

if it's a honey jar for love, then the picture of both of you together can work well. Keep in mind however that the jar will sweeten both of you rather than work only on him, if that's OK with you - leave it as is. Often if both partners have contributed mutually to the difficulties (which is often the case) it can actually help a lot to address both of you in the jar rather than only one of the members of the couple.

For your methodology, it sound good. There are a lot of variations on sweetening spells so just like in jazz, if you understand the principles there is some space for improvisation.

The only part that I personally wouldn't do would be the pinning of the papers together - for a love spell I would more likely tie them with string or thread or simply fold them: pins being reserved by me for either hurting or sectioning a candle to burn it over multiple days.

It's also more usual to work with a single type of sweetener rather than three different kinds, but there's no taboo against doing it the way you did so keep working that jar with faith, patience and confidence.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 am

aura wrote: ...just like in jazz, if you understand the principles there is some space for improvisation
Amen to that. Very well stated. Appropriate!
Joseph Magnuson

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Oh really, Aura? I had no idea the pin through the folded paper would mean "harm" rather then just "staying together forever", which is what my mother told me. I have heard about the pin through the candle, though. Either way, this does not worry me because i did it with "good" intentions as opposed to harm.

Also, I need guidance. I have done this before, but never had this happen to me. First off, i carve my intentions, his name and birthdate in all of my candles, pray, and meditate my intention and thoughts after

Friday, I burned a white candle--left a circular wax residue and burnt wick
Saturday, I burned pink--left the same circular wax residue next to the white, burnt wick
**Note, the residue was bumpy, so I couldn't wax another candle on top of it without having a hazard
Sunday, I burned red--I had to wax the candle on the side of the metal lid due to the other residue--left no residue, just a tip of the burnt wick
Monday, (today) did something different. Because I have no conditioning oils, i read that olive oil can be a substitute IF you charge it with your energy and intentions, which I did for as long as I felt. I continued with my regular carving, added the oil with my dominating hand from the base up, to draw him towards me, and I stuck the candle on the side again.

This time, the candle was flickering, i found that odd because my room's windows are closed.
I decided to take a nap towards the end and when I woke up, the candle was already done.

Not only did the pink candle melt all of the other residue cleaned, but the 3 remaining burnt wick formed the first letter of his name. ( T )

I am assuming that things are working? I put it all of my energy, focus, and faith everyday, religiously.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:22 am

Hi, Mechii --

I am like you; i often pin papers -- either photos or names -- together to keep people together. I was also taught to glue them together with honey. Another way i like to work is to pin them together with fish hooks in the four corners, because the barbs in the hooks ensure that they cannot separate. I also have used safety pins to pin the names of rebellious teens to the name of their mother and kept them in a sugar jar, to keep the teens "safe" from outside influences.

As for your request for help in divining the meaning of your candle burn -- well, that is not a honey jar question, really -- it is a candle divination question, and since you are new, let me point you to the long thread on candle divination, and to a web page i have written about the topic as well -- and, in a couple of months, my new book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" will be out and there will be candle divination information there too, as well. Here you go for now:

Candle Divination at "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Candle Divination at the Lucky Mojo Forum:
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... t8537.html
catherine yronwode

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 am

Thank you for the precision on the practice of pinning papers within the context of sweet work Miss Cat - it's greatly appreciated and will be remembered in future. The fish-hook trick in particular made me smile :)
Aura Laforest

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi can someone help me with my post above? Thank you Just wondering what oils can I use for my honey jar since I don't have any and I don't have pictures or hair.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi, cupcake -- Sorry your question got overlooked as we were replying to mechii.

Okay, first of all, if you have no personal concerns (such as a hair) and no picture, then you will have to work with the person's name. To increase the strength of a name, it is a common practice to write it out on paper and then burn it with Quassia chips (we sell them in the store for three dollars a packet) and pulverize the ashes and charcoal and spread them on a second sheet of paper, on which you have written the name -- and then burn that second copy of the name with more Quassia chips and pulverize the ashes and charcoal from that burning and spread them on a third paper on which you have written the name. This concentrates the power of the name.

Next, you will need an oil, and in your situation, where you don't know this person well enough to have their picture or personal concerns yet, you can start with an oil like Attraction, Look Me Over, or Come To Me -- or a blend of the three oils.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

kristilove
HRCC Student

Unread post by kristilove » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:26 am

Posted a question on 12/19 can someone pls try to respond to that so i know which honey jar to order? Thanks!

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Kristilove,

I'd use the court case honey jar. You can put everyone in the jar (sounds like the claims adjuster really needs some sweetening.)

However, I'm quite new to this, so if one of the moderators chimes in, they have more experience than I do. I depend on my intuition a lot, and that's just what jumped out at me.
Donna

n0namanis

Unread post by n0namanis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am

Good evening everyone,

I have started a honey jar around two weeks ago, the 20th of december. I've added his picture, both our sexual fluids, two clove buds, two pink rose petals, the petition paper with the spell on it, my hair and a loveletter from him. It's all in a glass jar with a tin lid and I think I did it right, because I followed the instructions on the honeyjar spell page and I searched this forums when I had a question. I have burned red and pink candles everyday since I started. I put some rose oil on them, and the candles burn nice and even, with a huge and steady flames, no wax residues, and if there is any residu, the new candles burn it all away. Everytime at the end of the burning the flame doubles and they grow back to each other again, it always ends with a larger flame when they join. I've read on the candlemagicdivination page that those are some very good signs.

Friday I had this tarotcard from my deck, also a good one, it was XIX, the world, I never had that card before so I think it's also a good sign, I don't know if it's appropriate to do so but I think it can't do harm.

I have a good feeling about this jar and this spell.

But, I still haven't heard from my target person yet. I know honeyjars take time to start working, but I was wondering how long it takes. Sometimes he texts me and I got mad, because I care for him so much and the fact that we broke up hurt me so much, I wanted to drive him away, hoping my love for him would go away too. Last time I heard from him was in November. But, because I couldn't forget about him I decided to make this honey jar. I am considering about contacting him, what time is appropriate to contact him? After three weeks of daily burning candles?

I am sorry if these questions are dumb, because it's my first jar.
And if I made some mistakes with grammar or spelling words, I am very sorry too, English is not my first language.

I hope you all have a nice day, and lots of thanks in advance!

kristilove
HRCC Student

Unread post by kristilove » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Donna,
Thank you for responding to my post. I do have the court case honey jar going for the judge. But I don't want to put the oppossing attorney & the claim adjustor in the same honey jar with the judge because I don't want to sweeten the judge to favor the enemies (oppossing attorney & claim adjustor). Instead, I put the judge, oppossing attorney, & the claim adjustor in the four thieves vinegar so that they will be sour with each other. I'll just do a separate honey jar for our lawyer and doctors so that they will help my husband more. I appreciate your input.

Cupcake

Unread post by Cupcake » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Cat! Thank you so much for answering my question. I had pictures of him on my phone but erased them. So don't burn the third paper? Thank you. You
are always very helpful.

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:06 pm

The first honey jar I did, I really like, it feels good to me, appears to be working (great movement already).

I started a 2nd jar on a different target, and used a smaller jar (baby food jar instead of a 1/2 pint Mason jar). With the curios and photos (I had some stick cinnamon in it) I couldn't get the petition paper to fold up small enough to fit in to the jar. I had to really cram the paper in, and the honey doesn't cover the paper. This new jar doesn't feel "right" to me, so I want to re-do it, and hopefully it will "feel" better.

Can I re-use the honey in the new jar (same target, same purpose) or is it better to dispose of it?

I'm planning to bury the petition papers in my back yard.

It's fine if I need to use new honey, I'm not trying to cut corners. It's just so bitterly cold here right now, I'd rather not be in the crossroads in sub-zero weather if I don't need to be.

I suppose I could just make a new one and dispose of the old one when the weather isn't so bitter.
Donna

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 pm

d1angel,

I am glad your first honey jar went toether well. Your second one showed lack of planning and insight.

The size of the petition paper should be proportional to the size of container. It can be as small as a Chinese fortune cookie fortune slip. Why you tried to put so much into the jar makes no sense to me. I can make a honey jar in a dram vial. It's a matter of scale.

Next you seem to think that crossroads disposal is important to this work. It is absolutely not essential, but is a popular option. You can dispose of the honey in natural running water or open the jar and bury it in your back yard for the ants. You need to learn more and focus on the totality of the tradition rather than trying to perform according to a rigid rule set.

I would remake the jar, or try a new type of variation, such as pouring the honey into sugar. There are so many ways to do this work! Deacon Millett's book on the subject will be out by May 2013 and will certainly be a help to everyone.

In the meantime, here is proof that a honey jar can be very small and work well. This is one of the kits we sell:

SPL-HON-INFL
Influence Another's Mind for Any Good Purpose Honey Spell
$18.00

catherine yronwode

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes, I know - I should have thought it through better. I wrapped up the stick cinnamon at the last minute.....Oh, well, not going to waste my time on "shoulda"s. I know very well that a small jar works fine - I have a very small vinegar jar that is working great. I'll re-do the jar and it will be fine. This is the first working I've ever done that felt off.

So far as the crossroads - temps here are well below 0*F, and most of our natural running water is frozen over, several inches thick. The ground is too hard to bury anything at the moment, unless you have a backhoe or a jackhammer. Just pouring out in the yard will leave a sticky mess - until June. The weather will remain like this until late March or later. Which is why I had decided on the crossroads - given the weather, it seemed the most logical and intelligent thing to do.

Maybe you're mistaking me working within my constraints for following a tight set of rules. Or maybe I wasn't very clear in my communication - sometimes I think faster than I can talk or type. I do appreciate all the work you do here, Ms Cat. This is an amazing community.
Donna

overflowingwithlove
Newly Registered

Unread post by overflowingwithlove » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:23 am

Good morning,

I am writing because I have been working a honey jar to sweeten an ex-boyfriend back to me (we split a month ago). I have been burning red and pink candles daily (that I have inscribed, blessed with oil, and prayed over), until this week, in which I will go to burning only on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Typically, the candle will burn into a puddle of wax, or will give a completely clean burn. The candle I burned last night had been specifically charged for seduction and love, as well as me charging and inscribing the candle myself. I always allow the candle to burn completely down and never put the candle out. This candle had an extremely high flame, and upon completely burning, had removed all of the other wax residue left from the other candles, leaving the top of my jar completely clean, leaving only the remaining wick. I am just curious if this is a good or a bad sign.

I have been speaking with my ex on a daily basis as of this week, and saw him for the first time in a month Sunday. Any help about what this could mean would be greatly appreciated, and I am happy to provide more details if needed.

Thanks in advance to all willing to help!!!

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”