Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Disposal of Ritual Remains Questions and Answers

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Absolutely. YOu can bury that all together.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Wildchild453

Unread post by Wildchild453 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 pm

I've been working a lodestone for about two months over a petition but due to Hurricane Sandy I wasn't able to feed it for two weeks so I want to cleanse and rework the spell. I'm planning on using a new petition and wonder what I should do with the old one. Do I bury it or what?

Thanks.

markx

Unread post by markx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am

Hi.

When I'm ment to dispose at the cross roads, do I throw the remains into the center or the side? It's a glass candle, so I can't really throw in the middle?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:39 am

markx --

Please just dispose of the spell remnants at the crossroads and recycle the glass. The earth will thank you.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

markx

Unread post by markx » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

Is it the center of the cross roads?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 pm

markx --

Most glass candles have no wax remains. You can dispose of the petition paper by burning it in the candle glass or throwing it into a crossroads.Do not throw glass into a crossroads! RECYCLE THE GLASS.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

bluebutterfly12

Unread post by bluebutterfly12 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am

Hello,

I wanted to know if its ok to place 5 different spell remains all for love in five spot pattern under my bed?

The 5 spells are different but was done all for one goal and target, I wanted to place the remains under my bed instead of burying them, cause I would like to have access to some of the ritual remains in case I wanted to redo the same spell at a later time, or cause I need to feed them.

thank you

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm

You can burn your petition or bury it in your front yard.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 am

I recently performed a crucible of courage/road opener/crown of success spell for someone to gain courage to do something and for the road blocks to be removed, and was wondering where one might dispose of the spell remains in this case?

I thought a cross roads would be appropriate, as this is my typical method of disposal. However I know different types of work require different methods of disposal. hotfooting in running water, breakup work in a graveyard, etc.

Am I correct in this assumption that a crossroads is a good place or is there a more appropriate method for this?

I apologize if this has been touched upon in a different thread.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 am

Since this spell has a road opening component, I think the crossroads burial is more than appropriate.

Peace,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Olivialeigh

Unread post by Olivialeigh » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks MaryBee!

babybaby

Unread post by babybaby » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello All.

Hope all is well and looking forward to christmas!!`

Sorry if this has been mentioned but i have searched for ages trying to find a answer, after my 13 herb bath can i throgh the water at a tree instead of the cross roads?

Thank you for your help.

babybaby
Thank You Saint Expedite for your Fast work!
Thank You Saint Jude for helping me find a solution for my home.

thatgirl

Unread post by thatgirl » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm not sure what the instructions may say, but *large* trees off your property are generally suitable for disposal. I've probably taken more things to trees than crossroads in my day for such things, but what's best IMO depends on the nature of what you're doing as a whole in your ritual. So, if you're following someone else's instructions, but are unfamiliar with this work, it's best to stick to all of the instructions.

Small trees are more susceptible to dying, and this is why you should pick a large sturdy one away from your home.

Know that, even though both may be suitable for disposal, the natures of these two places/methods are different.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:25 pm

babybaby --

Your question is being merged into the long thread of bath questions.

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains in the Hoodoo Tradition
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

In addition, these are the forum threads that deal with ritual disposals:

Disposal of Spell Kit Remains Questions and Answers
disposal-of-spell-kit-remains-questions ... 12316.html

Disposing of Bath Water and Floor Wash Remains
disposing-of-bath-water-and-floor-wash- ... ml#p120548

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains
candles-disposal-of-ritual-remains-t7525.html

Using Leftover Incense Ash in Rootwork
using-leftover-incense-ash-in-rootwork-t24073.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

babybaby

Unread post by babybaby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

enjoy your xmas. xx
Thank You Saint Expedite for your Fast work!
Thank You Saint Jude for helping me find a solution for my home.

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 am

My question is does the same "take to the crossroads disposal" rule apply to all baths? For instance, I know that the "drawing" baths: Love, Money, Success ect. and ridding yourself of something, Uncrossing, Cast Off Evil ect. require taking the water to the crossroads but what about baths like Crucible of Courage, Power, Master ect. which are neutral (not neccessarily "drawing" or "ridding" yourself of anything; at least in my opinion). Do you still have to take the water to the crossroads with these? Thanks in advance.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:46 am

Yes, you can take all baths to the crossroads. Doing so disperses the energy of your intentions to the 4 directions, making the intentions manifest in the world. However, you can throw a bath like Stay With Me or Come To Me in your back yard ( to get your love to stay at home) or front yard (to draw a new lover to your door). But you'd be safe with disposing of any water at the crossroads.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:04 am

Okay. Thanks Mary.

kaghazade

Unread post by kaghazade » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 am

I know there have been a lot of messages about disposal of reversal candles, but I have one more.
I burned two candles- one black over red and one double action green and black. I put each candle on a small new mirror. The black-over-red burned creepy. It created a red figure that looked like someone who is praying on one side and the black wax peeled and rolled back like a piece of torn wall paper, right next to the red figure. I wrapped the mirror with the black/red candle remains in an aluminum foil and broke with the hammer.

The black and green candle burned clean, but the black wax melted and painted over green wax. At the end, there was a green rim with a black veil below the burned candle. Some of the black wax was also on the mirror. I did the same thing as with the black/red candle.
Now the issue is disposing them. I drove around the neighborhood like a coo-coo bird looking for crossroads, but how do you bury something when you can be caught doing that? And there are no fast rivers around. If I do it at night, i have to take my 2 years daughter with me, which does not work either.
Can I bury the mirror/candle remains in the remote corner or my property or it will bring the bad luck back?

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm

You'd have to get a reading to see what the signs in the candle wax meant for sure, but the red one sounds like someone is praying to bring down your work. Other signs in candle wax are found here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

There has to be a crossroads somewhere in your town. An intersection is a crossroads. Drive to an intersection late at night, bring the child with you. Park the car and quickly walk to the corner where there's some dirt; bury the remains there, turn back to your car and drive away without looking back.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker

kaghazade

Unread post by kaghazade » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Thank you! I will try tonight. Although I was thinking to go to the graveyard, but not sure since it is by the church.

Are there any accredited physics in Atlanta Georgia? I am not quite sure how the reading over the phone works.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi, kaghazade --

I have merged your thread into the longer thread about disposing of candle remains. If you read this thread from the beginning you may get some further good ideas.

As for your second question, we cannot recommend any readers who are not members of AIRR, and there are no members of AIRR in Atlanta, unfortunately. However, getting a reading by phone or via skype is easy and pleasing to many folks, and i recommend you give it a try. Go to the AIRR web site and ook through the names and photos of the readers and pick one you like. You will be pleasantly surprised. The URL is

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 pm

With the Money Drawing Spell Kit, it says to throw it at a crossroads and not look back. Is this a crossroads that I'm not allowed to come back to? Because all the ones where I live I use often. If so, what would be a good substitute? Would throwing it in the front yard work just as well?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am

Luckbewithme876 wrote:With the Money Drawing Spell Kit, it says to throw it at a crossroads and not look back. Is this a crossroads that I'm not allowed to come back to? Because all the ones where I live I use often. If so, what would be a good substitute? Would throwing it in the front yard work just as well?
Of course you can go back to the crossroads. If using a given crossroads to dispose of something barred you from going back, most hoodoo's would be home bound. I would avoid the crossroads you used for that day.
HRCC Student #1559

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks. I just wondered because I've read that the purpose of the crossroads is to disperse it among passerbys, so I thought maybe it would be a bad idea to "pick up" whatever you washed off.

For this type of spell (drawing something positive), would it make a difference if I threw it in my front yard instead?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

N1reht

Unread post by N1reht » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Should I bury the glass (glass-encased), wax (votives) and petition paper after every candle has burned out? I'm doing healing work for my father and I thought I would finally bury it all when he comes home. Or is the very act of burying wax/glass very important in finalizing the work? I assume for healing spells I should bury remains in our backyard, or should it be the front yard? What about matches? I have been throwing the matches away.

I'm gonna have to find some blue cloth....

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm

I've never had any second thoughts about disposal in the river because a huge one originates in my town and runs all the way across the country and out to sea. It's perfect.

But tonight, after I dropped a small tied cloth of honey jar remains, I had the thought of what if it washed up and somehow, someone, managed to read the names written in ink? (I had pushed an herb into the jar Iater felt deeply I should have left out, so I thanked the days it had worked for me and went to release it, intending to make another properly.) I usually pay attention to these feelings, especially when they are uncharacteristic, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing or if I'm just needing a cleansing.

Is there any additional work I can do to ask for it to keep on trucking out of town? :)

Thanks so much,
queen2be

I should add that my town is not very big and the shore of the river is used throughout the warm seasons for sports and swimming.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:19 pm

Well, funny that you bring this up. Sometimes such works do indeed fetch up in the hands of the curious. See this link:

http://www.southern-spirits.com/blancha ... ghway.html
catherine yronwode

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Fascinating! And a little unnerving...

Though my remains were simply herbs and the honey-drenched petition papers wrapped in a tiny kerchief, no bottle. Maybe a fish with a sweet tooth will get a snack. :)

Isaacey
Newly Registered

Unread post by Isaacey » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 pm

1) What should I do with the remaining candle and the love oil if I decide not to reburn it?

2) Will the fact that I did not let it burn through to the end have any bad and/or negative impact on me and/or the person I want to attract?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 pm

Well, the question becomes why did you decide not to continue the burn? If you've changed your mind, and no longer want to do the work, you can dispose of the candle at a crossroads, or in running water, to help dissipate what's been started.

If it succeded before the work was done, then you can wrap it in a piece of red cloth and bury it in your back yard, or in a potted plant, if you are a city dweller and lack a yard.

Unless you just don't want to keep it around,for some reason, you can just hang onto the oil.

Now, if I failed to see the reason for your question, then I'll need a bit more data, in order to offer a satisfactory answer.
Two-Headed Doctor

suky2013gill
Newly Registered

Unread post by suky2013gill » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 pm

I don't have a front door step though! or a garden at either end as I live in a flat on the first floor! yet I do have a balcony! I did a throw a glamour ritual, and I threw the wax over my left shoulder, though not at a cross, just after the bend in the road!? is this ok to do? Also in the pastafter burning paper, I have flushed it away in the toilet, I've done this to stop others harming me? is flushing in the toilet any good for this kind of paper burning? :? thank you for anyone who can answer this, many blessings

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:02 am

Hi.
suky2013gill wrote:I did a throw a glamour ritual, and I threw the wax over my left shoulder, though not at a cross, just after the bend in the road!? is this ok to do?
No, a bend in a road doesn't have much going for it, you need to go t an actual crossroads.
suky2013gill wrote:? Also in the pastafter burning paper, I have flushed it away in the toilet, I've done this to stop others harming me? is flushing in the toilet any good for this kind of paper burning?
To my mind, no, you'd want to throw that in a running river or bury it in a graveyard.
HRCC Student #1559

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31 am

I would encourage you to really look through Miss Catherine Yronwood's online book Hoodoo in Theory and Practice as well as the page Real Magick: Basic Questions About Spell-Crafting.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

roguedeer

Unread post by roguedeer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Hello. I did a candle spell in an attempt to make someone feel terrible about having wronged me and apologize to me. What is the proper way to dispose of the remains of a spell like this?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:26 am

roguedeer wrote:Hello. I did a candle spell in an attempt to make someone feel terrible about having wronged me and apologize to me. What is the proper way to dispose of the remains of a spell like this?
Bury it on the targets property or some place they will walk over it.
HRCC Student #1559

CrystalClear

Unread post by CrystalClear » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi All,

I would like to ask IF I can place the candle remains from my honey jar (for love) in my window garden box? I do not have a backyard. I wondered if this is acceptable. Maybe I missed it but I couldn't find this in any threads.
Thank you!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes this is acceptable, though I personally prefer to leave it on the jar and let the wax accumulate over time.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Mira
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Mira » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 pm

I have just completed burning 2 LM vigil candles for love and protection work on my relationship and am about to dispose of the remains.

The work I did was to strengthen and protect an already good relationship from some meddlers (who aren't a huge problem, but they need to be shut out) - I did have a reading, and burning those candles was among their recommendations.

The candle burning was very positive, so now I get to disposal, and because I want to fix the influence, I was going to mix up a little of each of the candle remains (herb leftover in the glass) with some related powders, sprinkle that in the corners of his room, and put the other half the remains in the appropriate petition papers, fold and tape the papers up and fix those under the bed to create a quincunx. I am choosing his room because the meddlesome people come from his "side", we spend more time at his place than mine and we live in different cities, fixing the work in his area makes sense.

I've read a ton of cats writings including real magick, laying tricks, candle magic, I've read several other authors and historical references on hoodoo, and I've read a lot on the forum...so I'm very good at reading...but new at doing, so I just wanted to see if this sounded appropriate to the more experienced rootworkers here or if I've missed something.

Thank you!
Mir

viola72
Newly Registered

Unread post by viola72 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 am

Hi, forgive me if this is the wrong place, or if this is redundant. (I'm new).

I live in a large apartment building with a small courtyard but with no way to secretly bury anything in it, and this is a certainty!

With spells that require you bury the remains of either the candle or the ritual work in your front yard, and you have no front yard to work with, nor access to a private front stoop, or even any ground at all, what do you do, how can you properly dispose of the ritual items and used candles?
The only earth I have access to near my home is a very large public historic cemetery, and possibly a tiny patch of public garden on a pathway in my community which contains some small trees and shrubs to block a view, which is 3-4 city blocks from my home, directly to the east.
Thank you.

Also if the burial is called for in the back yard, please give alternatives to this as well.

Thank you for your attention!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 am

viola72,

Welcome to the forum.

Yours is a frequently-asked question and as such has been discussed here often -- and has its own thread, so i have merged your post here, and i think that if you go back through the thread and read from the beginning, you will find some answers to your questions. If you still have questions, just append them to this thread and we will be glad to reply.

For a set of general traditional guidelines regarding disposal of ritual remains of all kinds, please see my "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page "Laying Down Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Remains" from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 am

Luckbewithme876,

Yes, many people dispose of bathwater in the home yard. The practice dates back to the days of bathing outdoors in portable galvanized metal tubs.

In addition, these are the forum threads that deal with ritual disposals:

Disposal of Spell Kit Remains Questions and Answers
disposal-of-spell-kit-remains-questions ... 12316.html

Disposing of Bath Water and Floor Wash Remains
disposing-of-bath-water-and-floor-wash- ... ml#p120548

Candles: Disposal of Ritual Remains
candles-disposal-of-ritual-remains-t7525.html

Using Leftover Incense Ash in Rootwork
using-leftover-incense-ash-in-rootwork-t24073.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello again!

I've been practising for a few months and I've discovered I'm what may be considered as "lady hearted". I enjoy love, healing and protection work. I have however had to resort to enemy work which I don't like doing as when I did I was aware of a presence in my house at night time and I didn't like it at all. I don't like the idea of interfering with unknown spirits.

Anyway, when I did do my enemy work (vinegar jars and dolls) my idea of ritual disposal was to throw it in the trash cos that's how little I think of the people involved. It puts a smile on my face knowing there's a voodoo doll with their pic and concerns sitting on a stinking rotting pile of crap being eaten by maggots rats and vultures.

I kno its not traditional but do you think it could still work? I think I'm getting signs that its still working but because those losers tell a lot of lies I'm not sure what to believe coming from them anymore.
Last edited by Doctor Hob on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarity
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 am

PrincessTumbles --

I've had success disposing of things in the garbage, in similar circumstances. I will normally find a stinky, anonymous dumpster, somewhere, and drop things off with a few choice swear words. It falls into the same category as "toilet burial", I think.

If you're not sure of your results, get a reading, if you're not equipped to divine on it, yourself.
Two-Headed Doctor

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 am

Hello, PrincessTumbles,

This forum is for those interested in the tradition of hoodoo. In that tradition, deploying works of cursing is an important factor in the completion of the job. If you think you are the first newbie who decided that ritual deployment is not necessary, you have another think coming -- and i am perfectly willing to explain the matter to you.

First, you confused deployment -- setting the spell to work permanently in or from a set location -- with disposal -- getting rid of the elements used in the spell.

You disposed of the doll. You did not deploy it.

The problem with disposing of a cursed doll in your home trash and imagining that it is out somewhere rotting is this: you are IMAGINING that it is out there rotting.

You yourself did not deploy the curse!

You confused disposal with deployment and then you left the work in the hands of OTHER PEOPLE and you have no idea what became of it. You substituted an enjoyable FANTASY for the sure and certain knowledge of where that mess ended up.

When i put a doll in the graveyard, i KNOW what i did. I don't have to "pretend," like some little girl imagining that she is a "powerful witch." I did it myself, with my own hands.

So your statement, "I know it's not traditional but" sounds to me like you are saying, "I don't really care about the tens of thousands of elders and ancestors who came before me and preserved this precious African American cultural treasure into the days of the internet so that i could learn about it online instead of from my own community members and i want to tell you all about me because i have a way of working that is unique and special."

Well, good for you.

Next you ask, "Do you think it could still work?"

Honey, that question, "Do you think it could still work?" sounds to me like you are saying, "I have no community, no teacher, and no guide in this cultural tradition and i don't want one because i don't care about the tradition anyway and i'd like to make up my own special imaginary way of working, but i want praise and affirmation, so i'd like random strangers to vote on whether what i am doing is effective."

Okay, i'll vote:

If your non-traditional imaginary curse were working, you wouldn't have come here to ask us old traditional folks if it could work, now, would you?

'Nuff said.

To understand the vital magical difference between deployment and disposal, please see this web page from my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

catherine yronwode

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 am

Well like I said Catherine I am still learning, but thanks for the clarification of deploying and destroying.

And it sounds to me you have completely misinterpreted my post and have incorrectly taken it to mean that I'm trying to cr@p all over tradition. Not so. I'm trying to learn just like you had to when you started.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:22 pm

PrincessTumbles,

Ah, we still have a language problem. I'd like to work on that.

I did not attempt "the clarification of deploying and destroying." In fact, i never used the word "destroying" at all in that post.

What i was talking about was the difference between deployment and disposal.

And i shall be very clear here: Disposal is not destroying.

So we actually have FOUR ideas now, thanks to you, and i would like to define them and briefly explain them:

1) Deployment and Laying Tricks:

Deployment is a method of sending the work into the world to do your command. You have heard on the news how a nation "deploys troops" to a war or disaster zone. When you set a spell to working in a certain place, against a certain person or a certain condition you similarly deploy it. An old term for deployment of magical items in laying tricks. Think about laying land mines. Both deployment and laying tricks are terms that refer to the oppositional, conquering, or antagonistic (but not necessarily harmful; in fact, you may be winning someone over for love or for a job) side of folk-magic. You want something done and you basically send your magic into the world to get it done. Laying tricks refers primarily to African American foot track magic. Deployment is a more anthropological term. There are many ways to lay tricks and deploy ritual items, and you may read about them here:

2) Dispersal

Dispersal is a method of sending a spell out into the world in a genral and non-directional manner. Think of the way a dandelion head lets its seeds fly. Dispersal at a crossroads or in an Ants' nest are both common methods.

There are many ways to disperse spells, and some are described here:

3) Disposal

When a spell is finished, there may be left over items. If they are supplies it is wise to keep them on hand for future use. If they were material used in the performance of a spell, they may be disposed of. There are many ways to dispose of ritual items. Some of these ways involve extending the effect of the work (e.g. dispersal), while others limit the effect of the work (e.g. containment), and a third type simply mark the ending of the active phase of the work (e.g. closure).

A number of old-time favourite ways to dispose of ritual remains are logged here:

Laying Tricks and Disposing of Ritual Reains in the Hoodoo Tradition

4) Destruction

If a spell has been for one reason or another decided upon to be undone, it may be destroyed. In addition, there are spells in which an entity (a person or spirit, usually) is destroyed in effigy. Destruction may take place in fire, mire, or corrosive liquid.

I suggested that if you wish revenge on someone and go to the trouble of making a doll-baby on the person, that you should then deploy it, not dispose of it.
catherine yronwode

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for breaking it all down. I've actually taken a screenshot of it to keep for my notes.

Qadesh

Unread post by Qadesh » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 pm

This is a stupid question, but I just have to ask. Many of the love spells involve the marking of territory or spaces, the burying of items in your front yard, etc. I'm military and I often move every 2-3 years. Do those items need to be dug up upon my departure. Is there something special that needs to be done to the space that was dressed? I would really hate for that respective person to find his way to my door only to find that there is someone else there....HA! HA!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 am

Qadesh, this varies among workers. Some will dig up spells for drawing and bring them along while others will start anew at their new location.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Caedryn

Unread post by Caedryn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:46 am

Miss Bri wrote:For love workings it is fairly traditional to bury spell remains in the backyard for fidelity in the relationship. Some people will take the altar cloth on which they worked and on which the candle wax remains are, fold it towards them (to draw in the thing they want), turn it clockwise, fold it towards them again, sprinkle it with sachet powders for the appropriate condition and then bury it in the backyard. Others will do the same thing using a piece of paper, and I have known some who put the all of the remains in a brown paper sack, dress them with more oils and sachet powders and then bury them.

good luck,
Bri
If this has already been addressed, my apology. I am wondering why does a drawing working such as this have to be buried. What effect does the burying have? Why not keep it in the house?

johnny_gg

Unread post by johnny_gg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:24 am

sorry for reviving an old topic but im very new and have a similar question... my front garden in concrete... i have a love spell to dispose of yet ive no clue where to dispose of it

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Bury the remains in a potted plant, and keep it near your front door.
Two-Headed Doctor

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm

We are taking for granted that you want to keep it close to you?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

johnny_gg

Unread post by johnny_gg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:46 am

could I if i wished keep the remains in a safe place in my bedroom ? up on a shelf or in a cupboard in order to keep it close an pass it every day

orion

Unread post by orion » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I have no idea where to put this thread, so I do apologize if it is in the wrong place.
Moderator please move to appropriate section, thank you.

Some work calls for a running river or stream. The dilemma I have is that there are no rivers or streams nearby. However, I live right near the ocean.

Would the ocean be a good alternative?

Thank you.

Roxi_goes_hard
Newly Registered

Unread post by Roxi_goes_hard » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 pm

I am in the beginning stage of a divorce from a man who is narcissistic. So far all the work I have done to this point has been successful. His narcissistic rage has quelled and he is keeping his distance from me like I want, and there has been a measurable attitude change, in part because he is out to keep me. I even had immediate success in hot footing his borderline personality mother! However, I want him out of my life for good and his nastiness to follow him and all the spells that are perfect for my desires require disposal of the work by means of burial (off my property, in a graveyard, etc.).

My query is what can I do that would have the same effect? I live in an urban area where fooling around in graveyards and private property will get you arrested and/or outed at any hour of the day or night. Security cameras and private security surveillance is the norm. The mirror box work sounds fantastic but I have nowhere safe and private to bury it!

I have done spells that required burial, but they were smaller in scale and more sympathetic. I substituted with burning or just throwing the work in a dumpster, where it will eventually be buried. I got desired results however this is a spell I can't afford to be wasted due to not performing it correctly.

I appreciate any suggestions or alternatives.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Simply throw it away in a crossroads without looking back. This way it will be carried away from you. To me throwing something away in a dumpster is not a disposal method es not all trash is buried. It could have been recycled, and so on. So simply throw it in a crossroads, or put it in a flow source of water like a stream, river or ocean.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Roxi_goes_hard
Newly Registered

Unread post by Roxi_goes_hard » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks for your suggestions! Since I do live in an urban area, leaving a reasonably sized mirror box in a crossroad is not feasible. People report that kind of stuff to police. Also, recycling and trash are separate services and no one goes through trash looking for recyclables as they are already separated at pick up. In my city, trash is buried.

I guess I'm concerned about effect and privacy? Leaving my work in a city crossroads runs a strong risk of me being exposed (I'm solitary and practice in secret). I want the most bang for my efforts. I'm a bit of a perfectionist!

Also, I'm now considering a hot foot jar and a vinegar jar, in conjunction with a mirror box. My husband has emotionally blackmailed me, has been verbally abusive and manipulative, with me as his whipping girl. After 15 years of avoiding any spell work on him and taking the high road, it's time for the big guns (aka spells).

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:33 pm

If you are going to use the ocean to dispose of, disperse, or deploy a spell, I would highly advise you make sure it doesn't float or wash back upon the shore.

Release it as the tide ebbs, and prepare it in such a way that it sinks to the bottom as it drifts away from the shore.

The ocean is highly traditional for use in spell-work, particularly among African-American practitioners who live near the oceanic estuaries of the Del-Mar-Va and Pokomoke / Great Cypress Swamp areas.

catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”