Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by aura » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

Hi Mechii,
Gray black soot around a glass-encased candle is a full or partial ring around the inside of the glass of a dark black or grey colour. ''Fog'' or ''spirit marks'' are usually more on the white side than soot which is much darker, and sound more like what you are describing.
The flame can have problems if the wax is puddling too much and the wick is trimmed quite low, the candle can be ''nursed'' to health by removing some of the excess wax or - if the wick has drowned, by splinting the wick.
On the up-side, these problems are much rarer when working with the LM line of Vigil lights.
Blessings and Success in your work.

Spellyshelly,
your assessment of the reading obtained seems sound to me. Ultimately, I'd keep the work going steadily until the candles start burning completely clean.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks aura :)

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Fiery Wall of Protection Spell:

So, I just called the store again and got a third answer to my question relating to disposing of the purple and white candle remains...the girl at the store said to throw all remains at the graveyard headstone too. This is very confusing to me and would love to have Ms. Cat respond to my question. I purchase a lot of products from Luckymojo and expect better support other than having to pay for a phone call with Ms. Cat. She told me the only way to find out from Ms. Cat was to pay for a phone call with her. Can someone please tell me what they would do??? Thank you!

Starcaster

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Starcaster wrote:Fiery Wall of Protection Spell:

So, I just called the store again and got a third answer to my question relating to disposing of the purple and white candle remains...the girl at the store said to throw all remains at the graveyard headstone too. This is very confusing to me and would love to have Ms. Cat respond to my question. I purchase a lot of products from Luckymojo and expect better support other than having to pay for a phone call with Ms. Cat. She told me the only way to find out from Ms. Cat was to pay for a phone call with her. Can someone please tell me what they would do??? Thank you!

Starcaster
Well yeah, your bound to get different answers from different people, different people work in different ways. I personally would bury the wax from the purple candles around your property. But throwing them to the crossroads isn't wrong either. If you want an answer from on high that there is one and only one right way to do a spell, you're going to be waiting a long time. Hoodoo is a living tradition of magic, a certain way of looking at the world,within the traditional ways of working you have a lot of different ways of doing things.
HRCC Student #1559

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi Turnsteel:

I see...and really appreciate your responding to my post so rapidly. I posted this question back on January 3, 2013 and nobody responded to me. These spells do work for me and I was just wondering if I had to redo the spell again. Thank you very much! God bless you!

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

I thought we are not supposed to bury leftover candle wax ect. from negative spells at our own property?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Starcaster wrote:I thought we are not supposed to bury leftover candle wax ect. from negative spells at our own property?
A Fiery Wall of Protection spell is hardly negative. I'd bury the wax from the purple candles around your property, those are made to represent guardians set about you and yours to protect you.
HRCC Student #1559

Mechii

Unread post by Mechii » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Hey.
I just begun my 9 Tuesdays with saint Martha. I have a 5 inch candle that has been steadily swaying, dancing, tall and flaring up. My room is really cold, so I figured maybe the air ", though I have no open windows or doors, probably was causing all of this movement, then I remembered my white non specific candle that I usually light to see if there's a draft. Well, surely enough, the white candle flame did not move at all, and and I was holding it. The red candle continued to sway and flare up. I know this is a silly question, and I have read the candle divination page, but it wasn't flaring up alot when the candle was still full, now that it has about 2-3 inches left, it flare up every minute or so , is this normal??? I did put oil but it was very little and did not drench it.

Friend of Oshun

Unread post by Friend of Oshun » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am

I just burned 4 white candles on a cross made of 7 nickels. Can you give me some ideas on what to do with the remaining wax? I have buried it in my front yard before but this time I was thinking about taking it to that bank where I bank and burying it in the flowerbed. The bank where I bank has the beautiful pink camellia flowers, I was going to pick a couple of them and add them to my bath water to get the energy from them. I want it to symbolize me making deposits and then living in luxury afterwards. Does this seem valid?

lostnewbie

Unread post by lostnewbie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

Hi, all. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this as I am doing both a break-up and return to me spell, but I have a few questions in regards to this. I have just started the spell today with the "other" woman's candle as black and is back to back with a red male candle representing my ex-lover and a female candle representing myself at the other end. At first, her candle was very high and strong (more so than mine and his), then it started to go down to half the flame size. When I started to recite psalms, my flame got higher and stronger and has remained steady. The male candle occasionally "competes" with the size of mine. While I was reciting my psalms, I noticed that the other female candle started having moments of noticeably running wax and her flame is popping a lot but it is considerably smaller than mine and his candle. His candle does not have wax running and I checked mine and it just has a streak of wax running down it (it wasn't even noticeable. I just checked it because I noticed hers was really running! Not constantly though, but for a few seconds which drew my eye to it because it was such a big movement). What do you think? Thank you for all of your help!

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 am

Burying a money based candle spell at your bank is a great idea. You can also bury it at a crossroads to take the energy into the world.

Camellia is not used in Hoodoo, so that's your choice if you want to bathe in the flowers, but they aren't used in hoodoo as far as I know. Jasmine is a good nice smelling alternative., or rose petals.

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:11 am

I'm working on a money drawing spell. I'm using a zodiac sign candle to represent me. The money drawing candle is burning very well but the zodiac candle has a low flame and is burning very slow. Does this make a difference? Should I relight the candle? I'm very new to this and I really believe this will work but I want to just be sure that I'm doing things right.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Luckystr25 wrote:I'm working on a money drawing spell. I'm using a zodiac sign candle to represent me. The money drawing candle is burning very well but the zodiac candle has a low flame and is burning very slow. Does this make a difference? Should I relight the candle? I'm very new to this and I really believe this will work but I want to just be sure that I'm doing things right.
Reading Candles while they are burning can be a frustrating process. Because of difference in wax purity and other environmental aspects, candles can be strange while burning.

I practice under the theory that Candle Spells are left to burn without worry and the candle glass is read after the candle is finished.

Though if anything I would say your Zodiac Candle burning low and slow is saying that you need to put more faith in your work, and less worry.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

aura
Forum Moderator
Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by aura » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi workwonders,

There are different schools of thought on the subject and none is the ''proven method of success''. I'd continue working your honey jar regardless of the moon phase. But that's my opinion, not a hard and fast fact.

Personally, I prefer working by the hands of the clock and the days of the week than by moon phases, although I'll take advantage of the phases if I can.

Consider reading the different threads about spell timing and then making your decision:

spell-timing-moon-phases,-moon-signs,-m ... -t442.html
spell-timing-dates-of-month-numerically ... t8110.html
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-cloc ... 11842.html
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html
Aura Laforest

be_777

Unread post by be_777 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:20 pm

I had some herbs stuck on the rear glass of my Come To Me candle. What do stuck herbs typically mean?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Read about the meanings of candle glass signs ere:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

workwonders

A shy target on honey jar

Unread post by workwonders » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:14 am

Hello,

I have a love-enhancing honey jar going, but my target is shy... Any suggestions on what I can do,
or is this a barrier of resistance? Thanks

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 am

So I currently have a love spell candle burning and while talking on the phone to a friend we started to remember a sad event in my life. I looked at my candle and saw it was running "tears" down the side. I immidiately stopped thinking about my sadness and my candle stopped running tears right before my eyes and it hasn't done it again since. Is that supposed to happen and will it interfere with my love spell?
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

nutter

Unread post by nutter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,
I saw the most beautiful thing last night while working my honey jar. It was extremely noisy and colorful. Blue and white sparks popping everywhere. The flame rose and fell. Then when the wax burned away and the wick was laying horizontal on the top of the jar it made two flames that burned separately for a little while, then cascaded back up into a tall single flame which reached a very high peak and then gradually burned itself out.

It was a reconciliation honey jar with a red candle (love on fridays) and love me oil.

Just thought I'd share and ask everyone's opinions. Any thoughts?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 am

PrincessTumbles: Sometimes we form quite a close connection or connectedness with the work we do, and especially the imprintable "wax" candles we work with. Your emotions were affecting the candles burn and you saw the proof of this when it stopped entirely once you stabilized your thoughts. This is why I will not allow a TV to be on, or use a cell phone, or ANYTHING of that distracting nature while I am working ANYTHING. I do not believe that this small side-effect has completely interfered with your intentions for the candle, but only time will tell for sure.

nutter: I have had this happen many times with honey jars that I have worked in the past. This is a great sign and I congratulate you on your continued good work.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

nutter

Unread post by nutter » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you! I've been having a rough time of it because I have to hide it from my 3 roomates. I'm constantly locking myself in the bathroom and making up excuses why I scurry about with various herbs and things. It's just nice that all this secrecy and work is paying off!

Kia1OLY

Unread post by Kia1OLY » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 am

Hi, I was having a hard time getting a job at the hospital I volunteer at. I burned a steady work candle that burned clear and I was sleep but I heard a loud pop and then the sound of the crack and that woke me up. I figured I may have to buy another one. I also have a uncrossing candle burning right now too. I started burning this during the full moon, yesterday. (Sunday) My question is, can there be a possibility that since the candle burned clear the crack could indicate a breakthrough in a positive way?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:33 am

Hi Kia1OLY. I went ahead and moved your post because your question was more about Candle Divination. Which I do invite you to click the link to read up more about this form of divination.

Generally, when the glass cracks or breaks, especially on a candle for gain, is usually not a good sign. I would do a divination on the candle to gain more insight and one of the easier ways to do this is working with a pendulum. Also, do keep your eye on the Uncrossing Candle.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: A shy target on honey jar

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 am

You could add a new petition with Crucible of Courage and deer tongue leaves to get him or her to vocalize his or her feelings.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

LADIVA6

Unread post by LADIVA6 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

I am doing a honey jar on my boyfriend. When we are at our home he is loving and kind and everything is great.

When he goes to his mothers house, he turns into another person. I am currently doing an uncrossing for this situation.

1) I don't want my honey jar work to be undone. Can I still light my MWF candles on my Honey Jar while this Uncrossing candle is burning?

2) Does it matter what size candle I light on the top of my honey jar?

3) I have a lot of wax build up, can I take that off or leave it on?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Ladiva6 --

1) Your honey jar work will not be "undone" if you set an Uncrossing light on the man's relationship with his mother.

2) No, the size of the candle does not matterm, but Lucky Mojo honey jars come with a 4" candle and a star holder and we do recommend that you continue to use 4" candles, as they are very convenient. We sell them by the dozen, for a low price and suggest that when folks purchase the honey jar, they also purchase more candles.

SPL-HON-LOVE
Love, Romance, Friendship, Sexuality, Fertility Honey Spell
$20.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

CAN-412-REDD
4" Altar Candles, Dozen Red
$4.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

3) Yes, you can break the wax off if you want. Many people do not. It's up to you.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks Joseph, I am a very emotional person by nature. I'm not an unbalanced wreck but I feel a lot of things so it doesn't surprise me that my candle picked this up. I will take your advice and turn my phone and tv off next time.
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

Lightness

Unread post by Lightness » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 am

Hello,
I searched high and low and of course have read the http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html page several times but could not find the answer to my question. I know wax residue is bad for a spell, when doing for instance love work to draw someone to yourself, but what does it mean, when doing for instance break up work on someone else and there is wax remnants? Or when doing a Road Opener with a black candle to remove obstacles? The latter gave me some wax residue.
Hope someone can help me.
Thank you :)

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:18 am

Hi Lightness,

Although to be certain you'd need to get an actual candle divination, it generally means that there are obstacles to the work. It is may be wise to repeat the work until you get a clean burn.
Aura Laforest

spogelse
Newly Registered

Unread post by spogelse » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:56 am

Hi everyone!

I just did a candle burning over four spell jars for general protection (one for each room of my place). All of the candles burned cleanly except one, which formed "tears" running down the side:

http://i.imgur.com/fteOZSw.jpg

I read in Miss Cat's candle divination page that "tears" like that mean that someone's going to cry before the working's over, but I'm not sure how that applies to this. What does it mean? Does that mean someone's trying to do some work against me and I caught it while doing this already or something like that?

Thank you very much!

n0namanis

Unread post by n0namanis » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 am

Hi everyone

I am doing a honeyjar spell, and I have something I couldn't find in the divination page. The flames on my candles are almost 3 inches high most of the time, very big. But the candles burn very very slow. I think it's a good sign, I interpret this as if the spell will take a long time to manifest, but when it does, it will be very good. Most of the time, candle burns clear, and if not, most of the wax will be removed by the next candle. I would appreciate a view on this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Has anyone ever seen a wick loop around with lots of herbs stuck in the center of the loop? Kind of like a lasso ...hum, I may have just answered my own question! :D A lasso captures things, hold them, and then brings them to you. Okay, I have another then...on this same candle, which I have no idea how this happened but some kind of way, some of the herbs got to the side of the candle, near the bottom - stuck on the inside between the glass and the wax candle. The candle has only burned 2-3 inches. Thanks!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

NativeGoddess

Unread post by NativeGoddess » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:18 am

I lit two separate candles to for two separate people and one of them melts down almost completely while the other leaves a big pile of wax or doesn't burn down all the way, leaving a lot of wax behind. These candles are being burned on top of honey jars...What should I make of this?
Stay Blessed, NativeGoddess

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:28 am

Hi NativeGoddess:

these are pretty typical divination signs that Miss Cat has covered in her page on candle divination here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

You'll also find a lot of other info on that page that can be useful to you.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:35 am

Hi n0namanis,
Your interpretation is a sound one insolong as the high flame isn't simply a product of an untrimmed wick.

Hi Priestess Divine,
For your wick, you answered yourself! That said, if it doesn't eventually shorten, you may need to trim to avoid the burn becoming a fire hazard which is not a good sign by any stretch of the imagination! For the herb that found its way down, sometimes when the candles are poured there can be small voids between the wax and glass and a combination of location and timing led the herb to play Plinko down the casing. With regards to the meaning, look at the type of herb and its symbolism. It's trying to move forward more quickly than the burn: why?
Aura Laforest

lilflywitchboy

Unread post by lilflywitchboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 am

Hello Everyone,

I had a reading with Khi Armand and he had told me that I had something similar to what someone would call a ancestral love jinx going on. There has been an ongoing pattern in my family for about 3 generations where there is nothing but unhappy and failed relationships. My mother told me a story of a women who was jealous of my great grandmother and her new marriage back years ago in italy and this women had spat art the ground near my great grandmother and told her that she and all her future children will be unhappy and will never find love. Once my mother told me this it confirmed what Khi had said. Khi had told me he sensed this pattern had started years ago, he even said probably around 3 generations ago! Well anyway I burned a reversing candle to reverse the jinx back to where it came from and to attract my right to love back towards me! Any way the candle started to burn and I have pictures of how it looks so far, I dont know much about candle wax divination but perhaps some of you can help me. The first picture was last night while the black part was still burning and the red wax dripped through the black part and ran down the candle and collected at the bottom, eventually the candle started to burn even. The second picture I took was today. The candle has burnt past the black part and is now well into the red part, wax drippings around the entire candle. Right before I took the second picture the candle started to hiss and make a noise that lasted a minute or two.. Thanks all replies will be appreciated greatly! I wanted to post the images so that everyone can see but I cannot figure out how to!

lilflywitchboy

Unread post by lilflywitchboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

If any one would like to help, I can show the pictures! I do not know how to post them but I can message them to you..

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm

lilflywitchboy wrote:If any one would like to help, I can show the pictures! I do not know how to post them but I can message them to you..
I have moved your post to this Thread. Where it is better suited for your needs.
AIRR Member

lilflywitchboy

Unread post by lilflywitchboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Thank you, but I dont know if any one will see it here..

Miriam17

Unread post by Miriam17 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am

I'm currently burning a candle on my honey jar (all be it larger than I would normally use) that has unfurled on one side to the point it now reaches my alter while remaining attached to the candle. I have tried looking up possible meanings and interpretations but come up blank. I have had candles form lips or petals before but not to this extent. Anyone experienced this?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:43 am

Hi lilflywitchboy,
If you're already working with Khi, consider having him do a divination of the Candle remains/burn since he's already intimately familiar with your case. A number of other AIRR readers also offer candle divination services and can be found here: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading

Hi Miriam17,
Consider taking photos of the burn and getting a candle reading from one of the AIRR members via the link provided above.
Aura Laforest

CristinaK

Unread post by CristinaK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 pm

So, a little earlier, I had lit a pink candle on my honey jar I've been working to promote reconciliation and healing for my ex and I. I was watching the candle burn the entire time, a good strong and steady flame, nothing out of the ordinary. A little into the burning, I felt the urge to recited a prayer to St. Anthony, asking him to help my ex find his way back to me. As soon as I finished the prayer, the smallest ember imaginable appeared on the wick, and shot one little spark up into the air, which vanished.

I've heard from others that sparks signify a message being sent. I can't say for sure, it could be anything or nothing, but, I'm going to take that as a good sign, all things considered.:)

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Was wondering some questions. On general candle magick (with a basic candle with carvings, pink), was curious if anyone has some insight (I have asked the person I am an apprentice to, but it is ok for me to ask others of course too..just more curious than anything). Nothing was added to the candles to be more flammable... and its more a custom spell I do (nothing copied from online). Was curious though. 1: What is the meaning behind a unusually high flame - between 2-3 inches high...and the wick is a third that size, and 2: tonight was something new that I hadnt noticed before, I noticed not really sparks in the flame, but flashes. If that is the best way to explain it. Just wanted to get some opinion. Thanks

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi TheMatManiac. I went ahead and moved your post to an ongoing thread in the topic of Candle Divination.

As for a high flame, it can indicate that the work you are doing on the target (person or situation) is being affected by the work quite a bit. I do encourage you to check out the page HOW TO READ DIVINATION SIGNS FROM CANDLE-BURNING: CEROMANCY IN HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC. Best of luck
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Thank you Papa Newt. Sorry I was looking for this thread to post it in but couldnt find it.

GirlOnFire

Unread post by GirlOnFire » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Just thought I'd share. I work a lot with St Martha. I've been working with her petitioning her to help bring in business, wealth and prosperity and also working with her on a matter with my friend. I've been doing this every Tues and have for quite a long time.

Well today I burnt a free standing green fixed FEMALE candle for wealth and new clients. I had it burn in a pie pan. Afterwards it melted down...it totally looked like a green dragon wrapping itself around the base of the nub of what was left of the candle. (I also saw a jalapeno or bell pepper or something in the candle remains further off on the candle--lol) Anyway, I was racking my brain trying to think of what a dragon could mean. Dragons are lucky? Dragon treasure? Then finally it hit me an hour later.. ST MARTHA! I'm taking this as a sign to continue to work with St. Martha and that she is listening. :)

I'm still not sure what the green pepper might mean. :)

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

While that was a good read (and with you answering about the high flame as well). I still have yet to get visions or images in the flame per say while I am trying to focus on the end result. The only thing I have not been able to find anyway is flashes in the candle. Not like sparks per say, those are distinct when I see those, but this is like a flash going off within the flame, sometimes near the wick, somethings in the flame itself...or the whole flame has a brief flash. Just curious as this is something new I have not seen before.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:06 pm

TheMatManiac wrote:While that was a good read (and with you answering about the high flame as well). I still have yet to get visions or images in the flame per say while I am trying to focus on the end result. The only thing I have not been able to find anyway is flashes in the candle. Not like sparks per say, those are distinct when I see those, but this is like a flash going off within the flame, sometimes near the wick, somethings in the flame itself...or the whole flame has a brief flash. Just curious as this is something new I have not seen before.
The process of combustion, that produces the flame, can change in how efficently it burns quite rapidly. This can result in the brightening or sudden flash in the flame.

In a divination view it could mean that it is hitting little notes of progress. Making headway to your cause.

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member

Serenity

Unread post by Serenity » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey all, just a bit of background:

I have begun working with St Anthony in part to help with issues I'm having with my estranged husband and in part just because I like him. I have been working with him (St Anthony, not my husband) for a few weeks now, but I only recently received my LM order containing my bottle of St Anthony oil so I thought that besides burning brown candles for St Anthony on Tuesdays, I would also spend this week just lighting white tea lights anointed with his oil as kind of an offering.

The tea lights I have always leave a bit of wax at the bottom which I figure is no big deal since that's how they ALWAYS burn. This morning though I noticed that a little winged bug managed to get itself stuck in the little puddle of wax last night and (as you probably guessed) has passed on as a result.

Now, I did a search for "bugs candle remains" and came up with just the one hit, and the querent was told the bug may have taken the hit from a curse for her. I really don't think there is any kind of cursing going on here in my situation, though there are some hurt feelings between myself and my husband.

Whew! So I've given you all this Reeeeeeaaaaaaly Loooooooong Story just to ask the question: Is there any significance to bugs getting caught and dying in leftover candle remains?

Thank yo muchly,

Jessica (Serenity)

finding_a_mystery

Unread post by finding_a_mystery » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am

I'm burning a candle for prosperity and abundance. The candle is burning quickly with a high flame. There is some black soot forming, but it has already cleared out.

What is inusual, at least to me, is that the black soot only formed on one side of the glass. Toward the back. The front of the candle is clear.

Any thoughts on this?

d1angel

Unread post by d1angel » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm doing work for my boss and his brother - Brother is slandering me and trying to seize and destroy our business. (I talked about it on the radio show.) I've had a honey jar for Boss for about three months or so. With the drama Brother is creating, I've started working that honey jar again. So I used a 4" red candle, dressed it in Follow Me Boy, Love Me, and Stay with Me, and burned it on the honey jar yesterday. Boss called me to give me an update on what was being said while the candle was burning.

While we were talking, the wax from the candle spread out over the whole lid of the honey jar and caught fire. I was watching it carefully to make sure it wasn't a fire hazard, but it left the entire star candle holder black. It looked like the whole lid was on fire. I wasn't alarmed but I was surprised.

I used a pink candle today, and got a clean burn.

I did a tarot spread and the reading looks very hopeful, like this is just a little bump, but that things will turn out well.

My gut feeling at the time was "Wow, I guess I needed to put a lot of heat on that situation" and that I was burning through the obstacles. Does that seem reasonable, or am I way off base? And can I clean the soot off my candle holder? It makes sense to me that there is a lot of resistance there at least at the moment.
Donna

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Ok...this is the first I have ever seen of this. I noticed the candle was tall on one side with the flame...and the other side..wasnt (almost an L shape), so I got closer and noticed the wick (that is all wick you see in it...nothing ON it..just the wick)...and was able to get a picture of it. This was one of the normal spells I have been doing (best way is a spell to help get someone away from an evil/dark person, and bring them back). These are the ones I usually do (usually a pink, white, or red candle I use...this one is a white...sometimes a black one)...with names carved in the candle (an key words also on the candle)...sometimes something personal added to it (not on all of them)... these are the same ones that I get the 3 inch flames on this particular one, or flashes in the candle (this particular spell..not ALL of them).. these are also custom spells, I have been doing myself. THIS one I had to get pictures of, and curious as to input on it. Im not good on seeing things, or interpreting things, as I am still relatively new, but curious as to others thoughts

http://s263.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... 8.jpg.html
http://s263.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... 2.jpg.html
http://s263.beta.photobucket.com/user/T ... 1.jpg.html

infinite_joy

Unread post by infinite_joy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

Im at this time burning a red candle with cubeb berries, dill seeds and follow me boy oil, I had a high clear flame, not many berries popped then all of a sudden a face appeared on the side of the candle, (would love to post a pic of it)...Any advice on what that may mean

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm

TheMatManiac: Go here ( http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html ) and search for the specific term "knot." You will find 13 separate entries of the word "knot" and an entire section titled "The candle wick forms a "knot" or forms "twin flames." I advise you ti read the entire page.
Joseph Magnuson

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Ugh...never thought to consider it a knot... forgive me.. I blame lack of energy and candy personally

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm

TheMatManiac: That is quite all right. I just wanted to make sure you saw that page...with so much information here a person can easily skip over things. Sometimes it is hard to suggest further reading without coming off as rude. Best of luck to you.
Joseph Magnuson

TheMatManiac

Unread post by TheMatManiac » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Oh no, not at all. every time it seems I get a different candle reaction, usually with the same thing. That one was something totally different, and got me curious. Even after reading, I have little understanding still. I hate being a newb at times..lol

n0namanis

Unread post by n0namanis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 am

Hi,

I have been burning candles since a while, and I made a post about it a few weeks ago. My candle is still burning very slow, but with incredibly high flames. Last time I posted here with a question about a high flame (around 7 cm or taller) the target person contacted me. This week, the flame again reached that height and was spiralling again, everyday a few times, but no contact from the target person. So does it mean the person is heavily affected by the spell, but not making fysical contact? All the message I get from the spell is "patience" so I will go with that. Also, the high flame isn't a result of an untrimmed wick, I try different brands and colors of candles, and they all have this, I've tried trimming the wick but still same results. Flame is always around 6 cm. I must say I get more succes and have a better feeling with the deepred candle so I will go with that. I hope someone can give me a view on my situation. Thanks alot in advance, have a nice weekend :)

Sami
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sami » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:42 am

Hello Everyone,

I have am working on 2 honey jars for myself, one is for my romantic situation and one for the Universe to help me with job and other affiliated matters.
For my romance and job situation is tied together - I am trying to move to a different country for myself, but also hoping circumstances would align to let me rekindle my romance with someone I was with in that country.
The honey jar for job/universe was burning really well - strong flames and not really a whole lot of residue. Until the last two days when my mom came in and saw me burning candles she was going to extinguish them so I did it myself with my fingers. That was the first time it left just a bit of residue build up of wax. Then when I burnt it today - flames were high and steady for most parts but towards the half way point on the 4 inch candle - it was flickering occassionally and giving off puffs of smoke. When it had reached 1/2 inch left - i noticed there were 2 streams of wax that poured down the candle side...creating a 2 small puddles of wax. Not sure if it has any meaning...

For my romance candle - my aim is to keep my ex's interest and good feelings for me (we never had any bad feelings, just the distance was too great when I had to return to my own country) in hopes for future romance. At the half way point, the candle formed a large stream of wax down the side, making pools of wax on top of each other at the bottom. Then stopped. after about 10 minutes, it formed a second smaller stream of wax about 1.5 cm away from it. Stopped, then eventually another stream of wax (3rd one now) right next to it formed and it joined the second smaller stream from before. About 1 minute after, a small (4th) stream formed half way between the first 2 streams, as it poured and hit the bottom to create a puddle, it touched the puddle of the first stream. I am wondering if it means anything.
Also the love candle has burnt quite steady in the last week (my first week since starting) - flickers now and then, leaving small puddles of wax that I don't have the abilities to divine meaning - I did see a very clear heart once. Then I switched at the end of last week to a red candle. The second red candle I used cleared off all the previous wax remains. Today's burning ( I skipped a day, since my mom was watching my room like a hawk) - I used a 6 inch instead of the usual 4 inch pink candle, and the flame has been decent in strength but flickering quite often producing puffs of black smoke. I think it may be due to him talking to his Ex yesterday (they will soon be spending every day together for a project, for a month). :S

I am wondering if anyone has any idea what the streams pouring down the side of the candle may mean anything - someone told me it could represent me and him and if the streams never rejoined then it might not work...so in what I observed today, does it have any significance?

Thanks in advance

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Sami. Please see this link to assist you with candle divination:

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

And seek out a member of AIRR:
http://readersandrootworkers.org

Hooray for you for not "blowing out lights", for snuffing them out with your fingers or with a candle snuffer (also available at Lucky Mojo)
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=can ... &FORM=IGRE

Be Blessed!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”