Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

simplydevine

Re: Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Unread post by simplydevine » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 am

ConjureMan Ali wrote:YOu don't have to get your hair wet for baths. You can pour from neck down to get what you desire.

If you've had some success in the past, but are having trouble now try to revist what you've done in the past to get success and check it against now. Are you as focused as you were then? Do you feel as strongly justified as you did then? Were was your confidence at in the past?

All these things can contribute to blocks in your power and confidence. Take a nice cleansing bath. Take some time to really examine your current works and approach them again with a new sense of confidence.

Power products and Mastery Key products can really help bolster your abilities. I'd recommend taking a look at them.

Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali wrote:YOu don't have to get your hair wet for baths. You can pour from neck down to get what you desire.
If you've had some success in the past, but are having trouble now try to revist what you've done in the past to get success and check it against now. Are you as focused as you were then? Do you feel as strongly justified as you did then? Were was your confidence at in the past?
All these things can contribute to blocks in your power and confidence. Take a nice cleansing bath. Take some time to really examine your current works and approach them again with a new sense of confidence.
Power products and Mastery Key products can really help bolster your abilities. I'd recommend taking a look at them.
Good luck.
Hi ConjureMan Ali!

<<Power products and Mastery Key products can really help bolster your abilities.>>>
One day, ONE DAY, I will really learn to heed my intuition. Do you know I considered these products when I came across them in the catalog. But since they had not been recommended and I had not heard of them before, I decided not to purchase them. Sigh... Now they will have to wait until I place my next order.

<<Are you as focused as you were then? >>
Most of the time, but not as much when I'm working with the DB. But I am focused when I put my oils on and use the bath crystals.
<<<Do you feel as strongly justified as you did then? >>>
Definitely yes.

<<<Were was your confidence at in the past? >>>
Ummm. I think I was more confident in the work I was doing in the past, then I am with the work I'm doing now. I think it's because I've never worked with oils and DB's and bath crystals before, so I'm not very confident in how well they'll work for me? But when I think about it, I had never worked with the other stuff in the past either, until I started working with it. You know what I mean? But I think that the major difference in my confidence level between then versus now, is that it was higher then, due to the fact that I started out seeing results from the get-go. Because I actually saw results manifesting, I was confident that I would recieve results with the work... does that make sense?

I'm really hoping that the cleansing baths will help. I plan to renew the work with a new level of confidence after the baths.

Eric1974

Unread post by Eric1974 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 am

hello all,

is sorcery (spells, psychic readings, etc.) real or just a curio?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:39 pm

It's real to me, that's for sure! :)

I would start reading here: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

I think the multitude of testimonials on this very forum would attest to the true power of the conjure. Not sure what you are referring to when you generalize and ask about sorcery, spells, and psychic readings though...there are many different kinds of people in the world, many different practitioners. Find the real!

This forum is solely used for questions regarding the use of Lucky Mojo products and southern style old time conjure. Please respect it as such.

Good luck!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Eric1974

Unread post by Eric1974 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:56 pm

thanks joseph

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:57 pm

I agree Joseph and am working on a compilation of threads for hays12, and most importantly, if you have to ask that question hays12, however vauge it is, you really need to ask yourself "is this for you".
If you are referring to the "sold as a curio only", to the best of my knowledge, it is referring to a disclosure required by law.
Also a curio is a tangable object, a reading is intangeable.
Here are some threads for enlightenment:
male-spirit,-broken-relationships,-what ... 10809.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/blackgypsies.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattestimonials.html
thank-you,-lucky-mojoǃ-t1311.html
looking-for-a-testimonial-t11668.html
Read these, familiarize yourself with the site. Definately look at the link Joseph kindly provided. Order some products that pertain to whatever your situation is, have a reading from a Professional member of AIRR, gain knowledge about what you may "work" on, and if you do proceed, belive and have faith in your work. Your work is only as good as what you put into it. Want a new job? Need more Money? Want a new relationship? You have to work on your work and work "at it". You can't just sit there like a bump on a log and have money growing on trees, it does not work that way.
Good luck!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:16 am

Here is an article cat has written as an answer to questions just like yours

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

Good Luck on your reading.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Also, if you are considering hiring a spell-caster or a psychic reader, please read these pages:

* Questions to Ask Your Psychic Reader, Hoodoo Rootworker, or Conjure Doctor
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... ure_Doctor

* Don't Get Ripped Off by Fake Psychics or Phoney Spell Casters
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... e_Psychics

* The AIRR Code of Ethics and the AIRR Code of Conduct
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... _of_Ethics

* Suggestions For Clients: How to Select, Interact With, and Maintain a Relationship With Your AIRR Psychic Reader or Hoodoo Rootworker
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... or_Clients

* Spiritual Consultation and Rootwork Advice
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... ork_Advice

* Magical Coaching
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... l_Coaching
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

svarthyndan wrote:Here is an article cat has written as an answer to questions just like yours

Good Luck on your reading.

I LOVE that page! Thanks for the link Svarthyndan! That was some quick thinking and quick linking! Very appropriate!

-Joseph M
Joseph Magnuson

Eric1974

Unread post by Eric1974 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:07 am

thanks all. i appreciate it. yes this is for me.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Great! Look forward to seeing you! :)

jennamc

Unread post by jennamc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:45 am

The details are a little cheesy, and it's less about the specifics than a general question, but is it possible to ask for too much through spells? Are there consequences for being kind of greedy?

I am trying to pursue a dream I've had since I was a child, but considering my current situation, it becomes less and less likely every day. Right now I have to be too responsible to take more than tiny steps in the right direction because money is a huge factor. I need something major to happen to set me on the right path, and the chances of that major thing happening are all but zero. I've done work with Road Opener and Crown of Success and Look Me Over/Love Me and I've seen results, but they haven't really opened any real doors for me yet and the momentum I get from them runs out. Should I continue to work with small goals, or would it be helpful to do a spell with my end goal in mind? Or will asking for something so unrealistic and unlikely be wasting my time?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 am

First id get a reading to see if this goal of yours is possible and how magic can help with the cause. Secondly, if you allready second guess it and think its impossible, then what are the chances that God will hear your prayer and answer favorably? To answer your question you should do both, focus on the end result but do other worknigs that help you get there. If money is a factor to getting this goal then while working on this goal do a money drawing spell to bring the needed funds to reach this goal. As for this goal which I dont know what it is, but personally anything can be attainable first however you need to beleive it and feel you deserve it.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Magic works within the realm of possibility, most people have a hard time accepting this. While it can do amazing things in even the toughest situations, the expectation should be that magic is meant to help, not solve all our problems.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Duin1

Unread post by Duin1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 am

hi

One of the things that has come up recently while I have been analysing why my readings havent necessarily worked out as I expected is the idea of readings tell you a probable outcome but at the end of the day destiny of God totally can overrule this if that is his wish.

Its a concept I guess that is beginning to make sense to me but I still dont quite understand

Just wanted to know if this makes sense to others and how i guess the process works - is it simply that what God wants overrules all other possible outcomes whatever spiritually is done to move the universe to get you where you want?

All thoughts appreciated

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 am

Thats a complex question and the answer can change based on your religious beliefs. Example a Calivinist would feel that its predetermined and nothing is the will of a person, others believe that the Gods role in the world is like a clock maker and once he set it into motion he sits back and watches how each event inflences the next. Others believe that we have free will but God knows what will happen. Hard concept to grasp but basically time is a earthly concept. Also in my experience when praying to God and reaching out to him iv noticed things I wanted badly, I didnt get, only to see later on how much worst id been had God answered that prayer... Often when ppl complain that something didnt workout they say God didnt answer my prayer, thats not true, NO is also an answer. Keep in mind their are many factors in life other then you, example: lets say you want an ex back you pray for it get a reading it says its possible...mean while, the ex is praying to get over you and meet someone knew while she is off at college. So God is dealing with two ppl with two different prayers on the same issue.

As your question of probable outcome or destiny of God wouldnt destiny be the probable outcome.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Concepts of destiny are going to vary based on your personal beliefs. How I see readings is the ability to examine the spiritual ebb and flow of reality which reveals the underyling forces at work along with the most likely outcome.

CopperFox
HRCC Student

Unread post by CopperFox » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 pm

I personally believe in a God who hears prayers and intervenes as He wishes. There is nothing I can do that trumps the will of the Lord. But I have learned the one prayer that is answered every time...wanna hear it? Thy will be done, Lord. Amen. Works every time. *wink, wink*

The Appalachian culture that I am part of is an odd mix of fatalism/Calvinistic plus belief in an interventionist God. So while I do see some events as fated, I still have faith in my interventionist God to hear my prayers and intercede on my behalf. It gets to be a tricky thing, these matters of faith and spirit, and each of us have to work that out for ourselves in the end.

If you are continually getting readings that run counter to what is happening out in the real world, though, you might want to reevaluate how you are interpreting your results, especially if the issue is one you can't remove yourself from enough to gain some objectivity. Even the most talented readers sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees if they themselves are the ones lost in the forest and that is when it is appropriate to seek an outside reading.

Good luck.
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121

channyway9192

Unread post by channyway9192 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Hey guys long time no see.....hope everyone is doing well.....so I burned a crossing and black penis candle back in October, had NO contact w/ my target till this past Sunday, nd it seems like all i did had an oppoite affect, he is seeing/screwin sumone, nothing is going wrong in his life so he says, outside of his car (which I crossed too)......I am a little irked, bc he DESERVES nothing but to be miserable for the rest of his days......I know its not up 2 me to decide his fate, but it damn sure wulda been nice to see him suffer......I wanna do it again, SOOOO BAD but will get a reading first b4 i spend any more $$$ well it has been only 2months.......any thoughts???

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 pm

No guarantees in any magical work. You may not have the skill. He may be protected. He may be lying to you or it just hasn't happened yet. My suggestion is to Cut and Clear him and move on.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

channyway9192

Unread post by channyway9192 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:37 am

Thanx for ur feedback, Mama Micki, now i can agree w/ 1, 3, 4, 5 of wht u said, but I do know I have the skill.......im confident in what i do, did, done over the years and have had success, more than failuers......I dont think i need a cut n clear, and i am moving on slowly but surely am moving on.....i just need him to git what he deserves and thats to NOT be happy, have any forutnes, NOTHING!!!! but again thnx 4 ur feedack!!!!!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:42 am

Often, practitioners are skilled at certain types of work, but not others. Same as the mundane world, where we all have different strengths and weaknesses.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Mama Micki is right, there is no guarantees in spiritual work. It may be that he's protected, or you didn't have a strong enough link on him, or you weren't able to make your work "stick" in the sense that you didn't have the spiritual power needed to carry out the curse. I've seen some people light one candle and expect a change and all it did was create a blip in the person's life, then they carried on as if nothing happened. Of course I've also seen really talented people light a single candle and do amazing things.

In addition to all of this, bear in mind that what goes on superficially may not be what's going on behind the scenes. For all you know he's got an STD, has to take ED pills to have sex, and all his happiness is due to being heavily medicated. Just a thought.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 pm

I am certainly not opposed to doing cursing work in certain cases, but ending a relationship in itself is not something that I believe is a major offense. You are probably young and would have no problems finding another boyfriend. Let him go. Stop worrying about his life and get on with yours. Cut and Clear now and find someone you can be happy with.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am

You are not saying what ingredients you used or how you formulated your prayer. Just that you burned a candle on him.
For all you know this new woman can be a real curse to him in the future.
It should be added to any prayer of this sort that YOU want to see the person suffering. In 9 of of 10 cases you should also add the the target should know that YOU did this to him/her. Then once you get that result you should cleanse, protect and move on.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

divineandsirene

Unread post by divineandsirene » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Thank you all for your wise responses and advice! I feel so blessed to have such an outpouring of love. Life is good and a blessing and I have no doubt that the type of person I want (see I'm not focused on a specific person, but a specific type) will come into my life, until then I will enjoy the adventure! I have noted and will take all tips given to heart!! : )

Peace & Blessings

P.S. Thank you St. Expedite for working in such an expeditious manner!!
Dignity is underrated and love is underused...

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

I agree with Devi's above post. I am gifted for somethings and just barely starting out on others. Love work, as I have done little of it for myself and friends, is an area that I will be studying a lot closer in the coming year. Though I am thankful to be very happily married (and that I have never had to use any love magic in my life) I do understand the loss I am at for clients and friends who do need this work.

Good luck to you divineandsirene!
Joseph Magnuson

QematetSau

Unread post by QematetSau » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:41 pm

He could very well be lying out his arse because he wants you to think that life is good for him. I used to be around a lot hate-filled, jealous people. Every time they asked me how I was doing and the like I always said I was doing great and life was good. That always pissed them off! I can just imagine them pulling on their hairs trying to figure out why things weren't going f up for me. I surely enjoyed those conversations. I'm great at reading body language! Anyway, I'm telling you this so you can get a feel for what he may be doing.

Alternatively, the work may be taking some time before it fully hits. Of, you need to approach the situation from a different angle.

If I were you, I'd get a reading to see how things are going for him and also so that a reader can find out the best way to attack him if you need to do some more work.

rrinsand

Unread post by rrinsand » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:36 am

When I had a reading, the root worker described a process of doing the work once and the work would continue to reset itself periodically, like once every month etc.

I was wondering how to do this type of request, and, if it matters, I intend to specifically use it in money and finance work.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:44 am

I am not what this rootworker meant by the work "resetting" itself.

I have never heard of this actually. If you want to do general money work then I would get a money drawing spell kit. Then once you are done performing it, you may want to back up the work every now and then to reinforce the work and put more energy behind the work.

www.luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:51 am

I've come across methods of charging and tying work so that it is self-sustaining in Hermetics, but never in hoodoo. This may have been an instance of advice that crossed multiple methods of working.
Two-Headed Doctor

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Self-sustaining aka being constant is different from resetting itself. I think you mean keeping constant energy on the work after it has perhaps died off, or lack of energy. In this case, you can either light a vigil light and/or repeat the work or if you are doing a container spell begin to shake and/or burn candles on top of it again.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm comfortably familiar with the hoodoo methods of keeping work going. I think where I went with that was a spell structured to work in cycles, empowered to do its work, and then restart the cycle again. I took the word "reset" where it didn't need to go :). Thanks for the nudge back into line.
Two-Headed Doctor

rrinsand

Unread post by rrinsand » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Mister Hob, I believe you correctly understood what I was told with the resetting itself, self perpetuating. It perhaps was a reference to crossing over into other types of works other than Hoodoo. It was discussed about a Brujeria witch who did work against an individual and the work was meant to reset itself perpetually. I wondered how to do this work for good such as for money and finances. If Hermetics or other types of work uses a method, could you give me an idea of how or what is done to do this.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Your best bet would be to follow starsinthesky7's method, explained above. Within hoodoo, work can be started and then refreshed as time passes. A good, reliable type of work for money is to work with lodestones. You can find some information about them here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/lodestone.html

Good Luck.
Two-Headed Doctor

Osuntoo

Unread post by Osuntoo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:10 pm

This is a three fold question.

Based upon a good reading I was told that my ex friend may contact me late summer as he had gone through a traumatic time, and I need to wait to hear from him. I have sent a positive text once a month but nothing more. I have done a honey jar and a few love drawing candles. I even did a love drawing bag, with no contact.

However, it appears when I am not actively working on the reconciliation of this friendship I dont think so much about it or obsess about it. But when I do anything -- i.e., last week, when I lit a Return To Me candle -- *I* felt love, I felt that I missed him, I felt many different emotions. Clearly, MY emotions are different when I do work.

This guy doesnt believe in anything so I doubt he felt it and sent it back.

1) How do love spells affect the person who cast them, if they are working for themselves?

2) When I lit the candle, did I hit my target or did it just effect ME?

3) Is this a sign it is working on him as well?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:46 am

I think you answered your own question.

Sometimes when doing love work you start to feel it too, typical if you mix your concerns with theirs in a spell, like a honey jar. Also the work could bring out your subconcious wants and needs with this person and when working towards that goal its harder to contain or ignore them.

Probably why most workers dont feel it, is they do work for others.

Signs are very personal to each person. I often have dreams with signs but do not get many physical ones, others get physical signs, really depends. If you had a oh shit its a sign moment then it probably was. If you are fishing to make it work then its prolly nothing just obsessing.

Rather then obsess all day why dont you set a 10 min obsessing period a day, and thats the only time you are allowed to obsess over the reading. sit quietly in front of a mirror and speak the obsessing outloud. Rest of the day when you start to remind your self you have a specific period. Over time you will a) stop obsessing during the day and b) realize how silly the obsessing is. Obsessing does not make it happen any quicker, nor does it change a thing, so why are you doing it?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Ditto j82.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Osuntoo

Unread post by Osuntoo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Thank you so much for the info and tips about obsessing, As a busy business owner, I obsess a little through out the day but I dont like it. I will give myself only a 10 min period daily..thanks again

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Osuntoo; good luck on your path.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

vittoriablu

Unread post by vittoriablu » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for quite sometime!! Words can not express how blessed I am to have found Lucky Mojo and this awesome, open-minded, spiritually aware community. I have a lot to say, so I pray your eyes and mind are ready to read and receive.

Before I share my situation, let me say that I have NOT yet had a reading through AIRR; I do plan on it next pay cycle. However, I have had readings from way too many psychic advisors at other well known websites. Some were great, others were clearly cut & paste scripts. Only about 3 readers told me what I felt to be true. But I am even more confused. Some say my situation has hope, some say soulmates, others say no chance in hell. I always wondered why different visions.

Then I heard that our future is not set in stone and that a psychic can only tell you which paths you can take, based on what they see, and its up to you what to do from there. But....then I had one psychic tell me that I should give up, its hopeless, and nothing will change. See how I'm uncertain? If nothing is set in stone, doesn't that mean that things could change? Why give up if that possibility exists?

Anyway, before I do any type of work, I will get a reading. I know how I am, and I do need guidance from someone who will work with me continuously; I am a bit overwhelmed and my circumstance doesn't help. So, if a reading isn't positive now, does that mean it can't change?

Thank you for reading!!!!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 am

Hello there, vittoriablu, and welcome to the forums!
Joseph Magnuson

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

No one is all-knowing; that quality belongs to God. A good psychic will tell you what the situation is now and what is likely to happen if the present course of events is not altered. I believe that life consists of both fate and free will, with some random chance thrown in to make things more interesting.

Reconciliation work can be difficult and many workers won't do it:

why-many-rootworkers-wonʹt-do-reconcili ... 20324.html

vittoriablu

Unread post by vittoriablu » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi there Joseph and thank you for the welcome!

Hi Mama and thank you for your reply! I agree with you and I believe we can change things we don't want or like. Otherwise, we might as well not aspire for much or go to school or do anything to better ourselves if its already planned out. I like having faith AND options ;-)

BrianKennedy

Unread post by BrianKennedy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:07 pm

While reading through Hurston's book Mules and Men and Haskin's book Voodoo and Hoodoo, I got to wondering about how folks in the first half of the 20th century thought that hoodoo worked. In other words what mechanism allowed hoodoo doctors to change situations? The one thing I did see in those two books was that most hoodoo folks were, on some level, Protestants. And as part of this they thought that you could not change the will of God, God had to approve of or allow any change that a hoodoo spell was going to bring.

The only thing I can remember from my youth in Florida was hearing people talk in vague terms about how hoodoo relied on "a power", a kind of "life force" or elan vital that could disrupt other people's "power". The only other theory I heard---but this from whites who were not believers in hoodoo--was a kind of Faust story, that a hoodoo doctor sold his soul to the Devil and the Devil gave him power, for a time, on this earth. I realize that the phrase "the Devil" can mean either the fallen angel who will war against God in the final days or it can mean some lesser creature who acts as a trickster.

Does anyone know what hoodoo believers of the 1900's would have thought about why hoodoo can work? (I guess too I might expand the question to ask what modern hoodoo doctors think the mechanism is).

I appreciate any insights.
take care,
Brian

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

There s no monolithic theology or cosmology behind hoodoo. It is certainly not a random and chaotic assemblage of beliefs, but it is also quite regional in style and individualistic in practice.

Your ideas are both valid. There is a third idea you have not touched upon -- the power of plant and root and animal and mineral spirits to help. In modern urban conjure we hear less of this than we once did, but the Bible verses usually quoted are:

Ezekiel 47:12 "And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine."

Revelation 22:2 "In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
catherine yronwode

BrianKennedy

Unread post by BrianKennedy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:34 pm

I had forgotten that, but as soon as I read your post I remembered hearing folks say things like "oh, the herbs and roots are in the Bible". Thanks much for reminding me of that and for the actual Bible verses.

take care,
Brian

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Fantastic thread.
Joseph Magnuson

SHAKUR1971

Unread post by SHAKUR1971 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am

Hello All,

I had a reading done and I found out that I will not get an apartment until 1-3 years
from today. I asked when do the AIRR worker see me getting an apartment, and
the answer was 1-3 years. I have been crying and not able to sleep
because of this. That is terrible for me because I currently live with family members and my
sister told all of us that she is giving up this apartment next month and that she is
only letting her kids live with her. I do not have anyone else to live with & I want my
own apartment, so my question is, can rootwork chànge someone future? I dont have
1-3 years.

Thanks!
The Strongest Cards I Have, Are The One's I Haven't Played!

Brother_Silence

Unread post by Brother_Silence » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Yes. Rootwork IS about changing and transforming the future.
I see very often, in my own practice, things turn around and change for clients.
The future is not set in stone. It is clay that we shape through the work.

Fortune + Grace,
Jeffrey

LibraGoddess

Unread post by LibraGoddess » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Jeffrey Vanderson wrote: The future is not set in stone. It is clay that we shape through the work.
I like that! :D

SHAKUR1971

Unread post by SHAKUR1971 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks so much, Jeffrey for this information!

Jeffrey Vanderson wrote:Yes. Rootwork IS about changing and transforming the future.
I see very often, in my own practice, things turn around and change for clients.
The future is not set in stone. It is clay that we shape through the work.

Fortune + Grace,
Jeffrey
The Strongest Cards I Have, Are The One's I Haven't Played!

Brother_Silence

Unread post by Brother_Silence » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:09 pm

@LibraGodess :-)

@SHAKUR1971 You are welcome.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm

"Can rootwork change this situation?" I ALWAYS ask this question during a reading. I also ask "Am *I* the person to do this work?" If the Spirit answers both questions YES, I'm on it!

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:07 pm

I got "called to the the carpet", this past week. I told the person, "You have choices". But headed down the path--"it is what it is" (Tamism)

We can change outcome-- but clients have to listen.

There is some good advice given above.

That's all.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 pm

MissMichaele wrote:"Can rootwork change this situation?" I ALWAYS ask this question during a reading. I also ask "Am *I* the person to do this work?" If the Spirit answers both questions YES, I'm on it!

Miss Michaele
I do this, too.
Two-Headed Doctor

Owlsee

Unread post by Owlsee » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

I've read a few comments in the forum. Came across a few that said that their work did not give them what they wanted. The answer that's given is that maybe that job or relationship was not meant to be.

My question is: Does hoodoo only speed up what is already going to happen? Such as in a lover return spell. If it works for the person, does that mean the lover would've returned anyway but maybe years ater? Or does the work influence the person somehow? Whats the difference in when it works and when it doesn't?

I thought hoodoo is supposed to be added power to your prayers. Making the possibility of manifesting more likely.

I'm asking because my life fell apart while dedicated in the church. Been looking for 'what actually works'. I'm cool with having faith but I now need to start getting tangible evidence. I'm in need of rebuilding. Just another belief without results is not what I need. I'm not knocking the church though, I have friends whose life is great. It just didn't work for me which I still have not understood but just accepting reality after leaving and my life was abundant. Went back and lost what I built. Now rebuilding but need a solid strong producing practice.

Clearly I'm extremely new to hoodoo.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:38 am

Owlsee wrote:I've read a few comments in the forum. Came across a few that said that their work did not give them what they wanted. The answer that's given is that maybe that job or relationship was not meant to be.
What a lot of people forget (or do not want to ever hear) is that not everyone can do this successfully. Sometimes people's works do not work because they cannot fully commit to the work, fully complete the spell, contact spirit, work properly and with respect to the tradition, etc.

I have personally seen hoodoo workings manifest things that would have been near impossible, and extremely fast.

Does it only help things happen that would already happen? No, it does so much more. If it was something that would be naturally occurring anyway, sans hoodoo, I believe it will only intensify and speed up those occurrences, events, and happenings.
Joseph Magnuson

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Even if the belief that the path we are on is pre-destined is true. Does not mean the choices and actions we make have no purpose. It is important to try, if that is to fail or succeed.

I would rather fail while trying then fail because I didn't try.

Hoodoo can be that attempt to change things to our liking and thusly is an important part of life for those that practice it.

Also there is the saying, "If at first you don't succeed. Try and try again."
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Owlsee --

Read this page for answers to your question:

How do real magick spells actually work?
Do magick spells always work?
Are powerful magick spells guaranteed to work?
Is magick spell-casting worth trying if it is not guaranteed?
Are magick spells real or are the results just coincidence?
If magick spells are real, why doesn't everyone use them?
I'm a newbie: How difficult are magic spells to do?
Which magick spells are the strongest and most powerful?
If i cast too many magick spells will i get "spell overload"?
If i cast powerful spells incorrectly will they "backfire" on me?
How long shall i wait for magick spells to work?
Do you have to be a certain religion to practice real magick?
Why are hoodoo spells done with psalms or in jesus' name?
Where can i learn more about real powerful magick spells?
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:01 am

I always forget that this page exists and clumsily try to explain the information that is contained on said page/s. Thank you for posting that link and for the reminder, Miss Cat. I need to add it to my Very Important Links List.
Joseph Magnuson

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”