Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Greetings all!

AJ_Jameson

Greetings all!

Unread post by AJ_Jameson » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 pm

I just wanted to post a little note to say Hello to everyone on the forums. I've been browsing for a while and thought it time for me to join. I've dabbled for a number of years in various practices and read volumes searching for what "felt" right for me and I keep coming back to hoodoo. I look forward to becoming part of the community! Thank you all in advance for your fellowship and guidance!

AJ

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Greetings all!

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome to The Lucky Mojo Forum!!!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forum. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Two-Headed Doctor

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 am

Welcome, AJ!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:15 am

Hi AJ and welcome! Feel free to ask any questions about the work since the answers help not only you but the community at large as well ;)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi, AJ! If we can help you, don't hesitate to ask.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

AJ_Jameson

Unread post by AJ_Jameson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Well, the most immediate question I have is.. And I'm a little embarrassed to even ask it is... Where do i even begin? I've listened to hoodoo podcasts, I've tracked down and read Zora Neale Hurston books, the Golden Bough, Candle Magic books etc, all of which have been recommended by practitioners of the work. I understand there is a world of spells and explanations at my fingertips, mostly due to Miss Cat, whom I've grown to have a certain reverence for. But in the sea of information out there, I just don't know where to start. I can't find the logical place to begin delving into the world of hoodoo. Is it simple protections and conjures for peace, happiness and protection? Lord knows I'd love to hot foot my neighbor but i know I'm not equipped to battle the negative forces that may be stirred up. What is the logical transition from "I understand the basics of hoodoo" to the more complicated protection and dispelling conjures.

I'm a funeral director who lives in SouthWest Wisconsin. I don't have access to hoodoo practitioners. I plan on taking Cat's course once she gets to know me and feels I'm ready to start but in the meantime I'd like to make some progress and start practicing. What advice do you have for me?

Thank you in advance for your replies. I have been reading through past posts and just can't find what I'm looking for.

AJ

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:55 pm

It sounds like you've covered some ground. If you've not read Miss cat's books, particularly Hoodoo in Theory and Practice (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html) and Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html), then I would suggest you start there.

These books not only lay out the fundamental practices, but provide a number of works that you can start out with. Hoodoo is capable of just about anything that is justified. Start simple. Test the waters with a honey jar, or a money drawing spell.

Or, hell, hot foot your neighbor, if the work is justified. It's not normally the kind of work I'd suggest somebody start with, but some of us test the waters by jumping in, and then finding out if we can swim.

Lucky Mojo has a great variety of spell kits, that can help you get started. Read through the material, get solid on your basics, and then take a swing at the work.
Two-Headed Doctor

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2013 Public Forum Introductions”