Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
stillsosola

Re: General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

Unread post by stillsosola » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:54 am

I am interested in purchasing the fiery wall of protection spell kit my question is I am pregnant and read that rue could be used in the fiery wall of protection oils and products if I annoint it on my skin could it possibly be contrandicted or are lucky mojo oils in other carrier oils? Sorry I keep asking about oils, and I was wondering since I had to give up my usual ruta water I use in limpias and wasn't sure if the oils were pure essential oils or blended sorry again for all the questions.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 am

Lucky Mojo ues 100% essential oils when those oils and real herbs. Some flowers don't produce a pure essential oil and in that case, LM uses blended essential oils and fragrance oils along with the dried flower petals. No Lucky Mjo Oils are guaranteed to be hypo-allergenic or safe during pregnancy, and if you are concerned about the use of herbal ingredients during pregnancy, you ought to discontinue the use of herb-based spiritual oils.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 am

stillsosola --

I understand. Well, to "bless" something is to bestow a blessing upon it but it is not the same as a "consecration," which is to set it apart as sacralized, generally under authority of a licensed priestcraft.

Anyone can bless someone -- we do it all the time in a formulaic when we say "God bless you!" if someone sneezes. But we do not "consecrate" the person who sneezed.

Likewise, we "bless" our food and drink by saying grace or a blessing of the food before we eat, but we do not "consecrate" that food because to "consecrate" holy wafers or holy wine is the job of a priest who then sets that food and drink aside for exclusive use in a religious ceremony.

Words are fun (and funny) things....

Each of our product lines has its own information page, and many of them have individual product threads at this forum -- but the first place for you to start learning will be at the information page about oils from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" and in the Lucky Mojo Forum thread where folks come to ask questions about hoodoo oils and receive answers from other Forum members and from our moderators.

Here are the links for you to follow, which will be of help to anyone who want to learn about the ways that anointing and dressing oils, also called conjure oils or hoodoo oils, are used in African American folk-magic.

How to Use Anointing and Dressing Oils from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice"
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils General Usage Questions and Answers
http://http://forum.luckymojo.com/lucky ... t1326.html <-- This is the thread you are in right now!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:47 am

This is a forum for customers of Lucky Mojo Curio Company. If your clients need help with oils:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oils.html
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi everyone-A computer I use regularly for my job has a glitch, and the techs can't figure it out. I thought I would try an orange candle anointed with Mercury oil at home (I cannot get to the computer to dab it with oil.) Are there any other oils I might try? Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 pm

I like to anoint my equipment with protection, safe travel, stay with me, blessing conjure as soon as I get them. I wash them down with Chinese Wash first.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:44 am

Stay With Me is an awesome idea jwmcclin: thanks! I'll definitely be using that one in future :)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:01 am

Some petition Archangel Michael to repair computers and other electronic devices.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:17 am

Even a Money Stay With Me would be a good idea.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks everyone!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

You are very welcome emdeluxe. Remember, use a very small amount of oil! Don't want to make it obvious since it is work computer. Look for a inconspicuous place you can anoint as you say a little prayer for the computer's "health". Best of luck.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

swtcls

Unread post by swtcls » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi,

I have bought several love oils from LM, and each morning I put a little bit of Come To Me and Look Me Over on my breasts and the back of my ears. I would switch it up with Bewitching and Fire of Love or Follow me Boy also. I normally would say a little prayer like may I be blessed to attract men or something like that but So far I don't think I have got as much attention that I expect in men. I am using these oils to attract love. I also use attraction powder and Chupparosa.

Does it matter how much oil you put on your body? I just put a little bit on it and I blended in with my lotion too sometimes, so the smell of the lotion might be stronger than the oil. Do I have to put more so guys can smell it or it doesn't matter as long as you put it on?

Thank you!

rheacybele

Unread post by rheacybele » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm

It is supposed to work as long as you put it on. The two things I have learnt in Hoodoo is that things take time to manifest in the real world and that patience is key. Also, not everything that worked for some people will work for a another. Perhaps lighting some candles with your petition and doing some Come to Me work might do the trick together with wearing the oils. Blessings and Good luck!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Smell is part of it, but by no means all. This is magic, after all :) And people have been using oils on candles burned far away from their target for generations.

You may need to do a little cleansing and/or uncrossing work to free up the power of your love work. Reinforcing the oils with a candle might help, too.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

path740

Unread post by path740 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello
My question is...... I love burning fragrance oils. I have a fragrance oil burner, small sits on the counter and I would like to know if the lucky mojo oil are okay to burn this way will.

Thank you
Each day is a new opportunity
Yesterday is over and done.
Today is the first day of my future.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Do you mean setting the oils aflame, or warming them over a flame or other heat source to quickly release their scents?

The former can be done with Lucky Mojo oils -- which are in a base of almond oil -- as long as you undertstand that the flash-points of the different essential oils included in our various recipes vary greatly, and some oils are more likely to flare up than others.

The latter is a traditional method, and can be used by anyone, at any time, with no hesitation.
catherine yronwode

path740

Unread post by path740 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Great, Thank you. I love the smell of your oils and will use the latter suggestion.

P.S. Thank You so much for you help.
Last edited by Papa Newt on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link. Adjusted comment due to the link removed.

path740

Unread post by path740 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Sorry, Thank you

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 pm

It's quite alright path740. In my early posts I was so excited about spray mops with the chamber you add your own water & cleaner or Bath Crystals in this case and mentioned the name brands with out realizing the Forum Rules. :D
Thank you, St. Expedite!

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:35 pm

when u said " just use it as you would a personal scent " does it means you don't need to wear your personnal scent in the same time ?

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

when them said about oils " just use it as you would a personal scent " does it means you don't need to wear your personnal scent in the same time ?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

goldentouch97 wrote:when them said about oils " just use it as you would a personal scent " does it means you don't need to wear your personnal scent in the same time ?

You can most certainly feel free to do so if you so choose. Wearing one with the other will not negate your magical workings.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:03 pm

You have now asked this question in two separate threads. This is generally frowned upon in the forum. Please try to be patient with us getting your answers to you. As I have already stated, you may wear both at once if you desire, it will not negate any work you are doing with the magical oils.
Joseph Magnuson

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 am

Thanks a lots and sorry for the double post.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:39 am

You are welcome and do not worry too much about the double-posting...it has happened to all of us from time to time.
Joseph Magnuson

dancat

Unread post by dancat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 am

I apologize as I posted this in another post, but realized this is the general post to reply in...

im planning to try

Return To Me, Reconciliation and Peaceful Home
Return To Me, Stay At Home, and Stay With Me
Return To Me, Love Me, and Marriage

I would like to try these 3 oils,

does it have any affect even if I dont have contact with the person? My ex and I dont have contact:( but strong feelings when we broke up.

I plan to use it for my jar, but if dressing it on myself, i wasnt sure if he had to be close to me

thanks

sailor5

Unread post by sailor5 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

as a gay male,may i use bewitching oil and follow me boy oil to make a guy want me?thanks.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi sailor5, I moved your post because it was about Oils and not about Bewitching Incense. Also, you have asked a number of times about using oils to attract men in the Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Intersex Love Spells thread which have been answered more than once. I do encourage you to check that thread out for the answers that have been given to you.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

sailor5: Again, yes...yes you can.
Joseph Magnuson

dancat

Unread post by dancat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

as id like to have my ex return to me, and love me
id like to try the oils blended,

what do I do if we dont have contact?

CarolinaColorado
Newly Registered

Unread post by CarolinaColorado » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 am

Hi There,

I was wondering if I could combine my own money drawing herbs in the oil with Lucky Mojo's money drawing oil? I'm in the process of really learning about the herbs and roots used in specific blends and am attempting to blend my own with the Lucky Mojo line. I am finding a great deal of information about Money conjure oils that appear to be really all over the place when it comes to ingredients. For example, I've noticed that there are very few recipes that incorporate chamomile and alfalfa which have such a rich history in ritual tradition and folklore. Miss Cat covers all of this in her book. Here is the blend I am working with:

Chamomile: (In Egyptian Culture, it is associated to the sun God Ra. The name Ra has been linked to meaning "Creative Power", One of the Anglo Saxon's nine sacred herbs & in the Middle Ages it was planted along walkways. Stepping on it was believed to cause things to flourish.)

Allspice (Used by Mayans for embalming, discovered by c. Columbus, Russians used it to be in their boots during the boots during war the Napoleonic wars.

Cinnamon (Sacred plant of Dionysus, Historically used for embalming and served as currency, Was believed to be one the the three herbs that was used in the fire in which the Phoenix was reborn, In the Victorian language of flowers, cinnamon means "my fortune is yours")

High John the Conquerer (Associated to Eshu- Elegba, the trickster and Door Opener)

Alfalfa (Long associated to prosperity due to its nutritional value as it would keep livestock in good health during the winter)

Bayberry (Colonists discovered it's ability to produce longer lasting wax. Was used on special occasions and was believed if you burned during Christmas, you would receive good fortune and abundance)

Pine (Long history of use , used by early farmers to make into brooms to sweep their barns for prosperity. Pine trees were believed to be a "vital" tree as they always stayed green)

Vetiver (From India, has been associated with Royalty and it's roots were once used to turn foul smelling wells into clean and sweet smelling ones)

I know the Money drawing oils often have a woody scent. This particular mix really has a stroooong Bayberry smell. Would it be more beneficial to use this oil in conjunction with Luck Mojo's Money Drawing Incense? Or, is this simply overkill and do I need to go back to the drawing board? :)

Thanks!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi CarolinaColorado,

To be very honest with you, unless making a conjure oil to measure for a client's specific needs, I usually just work with LM products and leave them as they are since they already have the roots and herbs they need directly in the bottle. In blending your own you could add some of the oil should you so desire, but you'll find that most practitioners don't go to that trouble and simply buy them from a reputable supplier such as Lucky Mojo.

With respect to your own line of oils, there are a number of ways to go about creating them but to get some experience and instruction, do consider enrolling in the Hoodoo Rootwork and Correspondence Course. Your study already shows an aptitude that you could further develop.

Finally, keep in mind that although the ethno-magical information on each of the herbs you are considering is extremely interesting, it mostly isn't hoodoo (although many of those same herbs are more or less significant with respect to $$$ in rootwork as well). Some of those herbs are already in the bottles of one or many of the varied money oil line including Money Drawing, Money Stay With Me, Wealthy Way, etc.

Blessings and good luck in your work.
Aura Laforest

CarolinaColorado
Newly Registered

Unread post by CarolinaColorado » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi Aura,

Thanks so much for your reply. I am indeed interested in the correspondence course and you are definitely right that you do not necessarily need to make your own conjure oils....I just like to:) Doesn't mean they are going to work, however!

Best,

Carolyn

ShivneelSingh

Unread post by ShivneelSingh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

I've been anointing my body with Follow Me Girl, Kiss Me Now, Come to Me, John the Conqueror but haven't had ANY results.
I've been saying many different petitions and they are very specific, but still no results.

What could I do to make the oils successful?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Are you burning candles? Dressing your shoes with the oils so you track them where your target will walk? Handing him or her little dressed gifts? Preparing and wearing a mojo bag? Working with paired lodestones?

You've got a nice little bottle of syrup -- now you need to make some pancakes and serve breakfast.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

ShivneelSingh

Unread post by ShivneelSingh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes, I am dressing candles everyday and burning them. I have not tried dressing my shoes... yet. I've handed her gifts with oils, and I've put oil on her skin and hair while stating my petition.

I'm going to dress my shoes with the oils right now.
I've ordered a spell kit w/paired loadstones a couple weeks ago, and should be receiving it sometime next week.

I might order a mojo bag on Friday.

Thanks for the reply. :)

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Would it be a safe idea to use that idea of dressing my own shoes with something less than pleasant, say Break up powder or Hot Foot, in a case when I want to lay these down but having trouble doing so where I won't be witnessed doing it?

Unread post by Newbie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 pm

ShivneelSingh,
How long have you used them? I heard you on the radio show 2 weeks back in which you mentioned
1) you are unable to get the girls to do the deed.....*girls* n not one particular girl..
2) another girl you are serious about but your friends do not like.

So are you clear about your intent while doing the work?

Miss Michaele,
Do you mean getting your target in contact with spell powders or oils is a MUST?

ShivneelSingh

Unread post by ShivneelSingh » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Newbie,
1) It's just one girl that I'm working on. She's not responding to at all... Also, I've tried to state a petition to the "general public" to attract any woman, but it hasn't been working. I've been trying for over a week. Maybe I'll start to see results in three weeks.
2) There isn't another girl, it's the same girl that my friends don't like.

I'm very clear about my intent.

By the way, my target is in contact with the oils. And I might drop a little bit in her shampoo and body lotion this weekend. I'll let you guys know.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm

This post is confusing as all get out! Newbie do you have (2) Forum names?
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Unread post by Newbie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Miss TammieLee,
No I do not.
You can verify.

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:09 pm

*I just want to clarify my previous question that followed the OP's question.... that I intended to ask if that was a safe method of deployment for a situation that is never private and not that I am confused about Hot Footing myself. After reading my question it looked like I might appear confused.

new2hoodoo

Unread post by new2hoodoo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 am

What is some good oils to use. Im trying to make my target really want me and to to stay thinking of me and to find me very irresistible..

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am

Hi new2hoodoo,

Follow Me Boy is a good choice, particularly combined with some Bewitching. Since your man leaves and comes back if I'm to take it to be the same one as in the menstrual blood thread, then Return to Me is also an excellent addition to the blend.

You could even have the three oils pre-blended into a 4oz Rootworker's special which gives you more oil for the $ as well as much larger pieces of roots, herbs and curios in the bottle.
Aura Laforest

new2hoodoo

Unread post by new2hoodoo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 pm

How do i get that made that way?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm

--new2hoodoo,
You can order the Rootworker's Special by clicking the button, bellow. Just list the oils you want included in the message area.

OIL-SPE-4RTW
4 oz. Rootworkers & Churches Special Oil, Retail
$36.00

Two-Headed Doctor

new2hoodoo

Unread post by new2hoodoo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:59 pm

And how do i use it again?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 pm

new2hoodoo- Check out How To Use Conjure Oils.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Jasper
Newly Registered

Unread post by Jasper » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:26 pm

I received my first Lucky Mojo purchase about two weeks ago.

One of my purchases was 4 oz. Rootworkers & Churches Special Oil containing John the Conqueror, Nature, Power, and Follow Me Girl. I anointed myself with it every day that first week and quickly became a believer.

It’s been about a week since I stopped using it as I decided to take a break to plan out the use of the uncrossing spell kit that I received as well. The plan is to clean things up a bit before applying more of the oil.

Today’s commute into Manhattan from Brooklyn has kept me thinking the whole day. During that forty minute ride there were two different women that I caught staring at me. It was odd and not normal. “Staring” might not be the right word. It was like they were in a trance, hypnotized, and they didn’t break eye contact immediately when I looked directly back. Our eyes were locked for sometime, not something that women normally allow with a stranger on a NY City subway. When they did finally look away , they kept looking back but it seemed as if they were confused by their own behavior. It was weird. Weirder still because it happened twice on the same ride.

Could it have been the oil from a week ago? Is that possible? I know a candle spell might take time to manifest but I thought oil applied to oneself was more of an enhancement for the day it was used. I should add that I put a few of my nail clippings into the bottle the day I first used it, reading somewhere on this forum that it would tie the oil’s work to me. Could the oil be still working due to that? Or, am I simply reading into things too much. Could there be no connection between the oil and what happened this morning?

I appreciate any and all insights.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Jasper: You did the work on yourself that the oil helped facilitate. That sets things in motion. Sometimes people have movement a week before their mojo bags arrive, some people have great success weeks after the work is completed!
Joseph Magnuson

Jasper
Newly Registered

Unread post by Jasper » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 am

Joseph, not the response I was expecting, which makes it the response that I needed.

Your post has me considering conjure in a different light. I like that! Joseph, thanks.

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 am

First I have to say that knowing LM's oil's come pre-measured for easy bleanding makes me giddy, as I have always stayed away from blending in fear I was gonna mess it up somehow.

Now to my question, I have made a couplde of personal oils from a base of olive oil with a few herbs added, but the majority of my work uses oils that were previously manufactured. Now I have always been told when you get an oil, you must "charge it" for it to be properly useful. I'm just curious if there are specific ways...

perhaps a verbal chant... fill it with your own energy... maybe charge it by the light of the full moon?

Do you all do this, and if so what are your methods?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:30 am

Lucky Mojo oils are prayed over, so there is no need to "charge" them. Chanting and charging are more Wiccan practices than hoodoo.

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:27 pm

ozmalicious --

Each of our product lines has its own information page, and many of them have individual product threads at this forum -- but the first place for you to start learning will be at the information page about oils from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" and in the Lucky Mojo Forum thread where folks come to ask questions about hoodoo oils and receive answers from other Forum members and from our moderators.

Here are the links for you to follow, which will be of help to anyone who want to learn about the ways that anointing and dressing oils, also called conjure oils or hoodoo oils, are used in African American folk-magic.

How to Use Anointing and Dressing Oils from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice"
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils General Usage Questions and Answers
http://http://forum.luckymojo.com/lucky ... t1326.html <-- This is the thread you are in right now!

Here at Lucky Mojo, we work in the hoodoo tradition, as Mama Micki explained, and that means that when we make the oils, we pray over the oils for the success of all who use them. You can add your own additional and specific prayers, should you wish (praying is always a good idea!).

Here is a sample of how folks pray in the culture from which hoodoo developed:

Deacon Gillings Prayer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Xu2z6lqXI

If you can carry a tune and whoop a little, and carry it on for 10 to 15 minutes (and most deacons can!) then you can study and learn to pray like this:

Deacon Praying Pt1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEQwPKs5GU

Deacon Praying pt2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6GLjbX_CAQ

And that's church.
catherine yronwode

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am

Cat,
That totally helped! I have always wondered about how to use prayer, and part of me has always wanted to sing them (It's the siren in me, I guess,lol), but then sometimes I felt it should be a solemn process. The more I look at this board, and all the amazing info provided, I feel I should go with my gut instinct.

I greatly appreciate the help!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Many of us pray the Psalms, which were originally songs, so go ahead, oxmalicious!

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 am

Like a lot of people who have gleaned information from the internet, my knowledge on the subject of oils is deep in some areas and very shallow in others. Also, and for the same reason, I've probably acquired some misinformation along the way. I'm familiar with the meanings of all the herbs in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, and have experimented a good bit with making my own condition oils, with good outcomes. My question is this: I've often seen references to naming a condition oil for the person you intend to use it on. Can someone tell me if this is at all a common practice and, if so, how is it done and what is the theory behind it? I understand baptizing (that is, naming) items such as dollies or candles that stand in for a person, but it doesn't make sense to me to do this to oil - which doesn't represent a person but is instead intended to convey an effect. Can someone clarify this for me?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

It's not a practice I'm familiar with. I agree that it doesn't seem very useful. Like you said, the oil is keyed to a condition, and other items will represent the target.
Two-Headed Doctor

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 pm

I would consider making a doll with personal concerns and dressing the doll with appropriate Lucky Mojo herbs, roots, etc.

Good luck and Be Blessed!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”