Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
ozmalicious
Re: General Questions About Lucky Mojo Conjure Oils

Unread post by ozmalicious » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:18 am

Cat,
That totally helped! I have always wondered about how to use prayer, and part of me has always wanted to sing them (It's the siren in me, I guess,lol), but then sometimes I felt it should be a solemn process. The more I look at this board, and all the amazing info provided, I feel I should go with my gut instinct.

I greatly appreciate the help!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Many of us pray the Psalms, which were originally songs, so go ahead, oxmalicious!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 am

Like a lot of people who have gleaned information from the internet, my knowledge on the subject of oils is deep in some areas and very shallow in others. Also, and for the same reason, I've probably acquired some misinformation along the way. I'm familiar with the meanings of all the herbs in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, and have experimented a good bit with making my own condition oils, with good outcomes. My question is this: I've often seen references to naming a condition oil for the person you intend to use it on. Can someone tell me if this is at all a common practice and, if so, how is it done and what is the theory behind it? I understand baptizing (that is, naming) items such as dollies or candles that stand in for a person, but it doesn't make sense to me to do this to oil - which doesn't represent a person but is instead intended to convey an effect. Can someone clarify this for me?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

It's not a practice I'm familiar with. I agree that it doesn't seem very useful. Like you said, the oil is keyed to a condition, and other items will represent the target.
Two-Headed Doctor

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 pm

I would consider making a doll with personal concerns and dressing the doll with appropriate Lucky Mojo herbs, roots, etc.

Good luck and Be Blessed!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Clarabella

Unread post by Clarabella » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 am

Thanks to Doctor Hob and Miss Tammie Lee for answering this question. I'm one of those people who can only do things if I understand the theory behind them. :geek:

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 am

Lucky Mojo sells a wide variety of oils with people's names on them -- but they're all the names of spirits and deities whose power you wish to call on.
Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

C510908
Newly Registered

Unread post by C510908 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:39 am

Hello. I have a boss who have lots of favoratism and is strict to me. I have a hard time dealing with him. He is out for vacation for a month and I can feel the peace in myself and the departent. He just uses too much of his power. I want to know what is the best thing to be done for him not to come back in our department or move out. I cant use the hot foot cause he is not here.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:25 am

Hi C510908,

Working with Banishing and Run Devil Run can be a good combo. If he does come back then step it up to Hot Foot to get rid of him and consider using Boss Fix to help him come around and treat you and the others better.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

abadd1

Unread post by abadd1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 pm

hello I recently received prosperity oil, wealthy way and money drawing oils.

1. whats the best way to use them?

2. do i wear the oils like a scent or what?

3. how do i bring in the wealth and prosperity using these oils?

4. i like to burn candles; can i write a petition for wealth and prosperity and burn a candles dressed in these oils?

thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

abadd1,

1. There are many ways to use oils. No one way is "best."

Here is a free online article, from my book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," that tells you how to use oils:

http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

For a complete book on how to use specific popular hoodoo oils, i recommend the book "Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils" by Anna Riva:

BOO-GRI-GOSE
Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils by Anna Riva
$8.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

2. You may wear the oils, add them to body-care products, add them to bath or scrub water, or even add them to furniture polish.

3. You may use them directly, or in any spell for money-drawing, such as those found at the Lucky Mojo Free Spells Archive, here:

http://luckymojo.com/moneyspells.html

4. You may dress candles with them; in fact, this is one of their most common uses. For more on dressing candles with oils, see my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic"

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

SilverDaniels

Unread post by SilverDaniels » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Clarabella

Naming an oil for a person is a particular practice that I am indeed familiar with, and use quite frequently. Whenever, I make an oil, herbal mixture, tincture, etc. I do a "naming" ritual which is similar to the "breathing life" into a mojo bag to activate its Spirit and energies for the work.

When we create a mojo bag, we are gathering a variety of ingredients to work in concert towards a single purpose or intent. Most practitioners, myself included, will spend a few moments working with each ingredient to awaken its potentiality, and to lend its virtues to the overall goal. I like to think of it as a football huddle, where I'm the coach and each ingredient is a player on my team. I gather my team players to bring their strengths to the field, and go over the "play". Then, HUT!! Lol!!

I apply this same theory and practice to all my concoctions, including condition oils. I speak aloud the purpose or "strengths" I need from each ingredient as I add them to the bottle. When the mixture is complete, I pray, chant, and/or breathe over it to unify it all towards the same purpose.

Working in this way, make me more intimate with the working. What I enjoy most about Hoodoo, and why I believe it to be so damn effective is because it's so tactile. I mean, the techniques in Hoodoo put in direct contact with the forces and energies you are working with. That amount of intimacy really brings about great results, and creates a strong connection between the worker and the work.

I hope this lends some clarity to your questions and concerns.

Good Luck & Blessed Be!
Happy Conjuring ^_^

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:21 pm

SilverDaniels and Clarabella,

Speaking to the spirits of roots or herbs is not the same as "naming an oil for a person."

First, let's talk about what SilverDaniels mentioned:

There are many ways to pray over an oil, and this concept of "awakening" the herbs seems common and harmless enough -- but i will tell you true: NO ONE i ever studied under told me to do this. No one.

Some people said i should "talk to" the herb ("Sage, you bring wisdom"), but NO ONE ever told me to "wake them up."

I first heard this "wake them up" concept from Wiccans, Neo-Pagans, and New Age practitioners in the past five years. I assume it has some basis in old or new European folk-magic, but it ain't old-school hoodoo that i know of. It's not a "wrong" idea, but i consider it an irrelevant idea to working with herbs. The oils are made and PRAYED OVER. It's the praying, the Christian and other extemporaneous prayers, that make hoodoo oils effective.

A mojo bag is something else, because it is a spell. An oil, however is not a spell -- it is a tool of the spell-caster.

Clarabella, next i'd like to address your question about naming oils for people.

Within the hoodoo community, and according to our way of working (which may differ greatly from other forms of folk magic), oils are made for purposes. For this reason, we often call them "condition oils" because they address certain conditions in life.

I have never heard or seen a hoodoo practitioner who made an oil called, say, "John Brown" oil unless they wished to work with the spirit of John Brown himself and included some of his personal concerns in it if he were alive, or his graveyard dirt if he were dead.

We do use several oils in hoodoo named after beings who once lived or who are the spirits of plants or roots or who may be presumed to be. These are a few of them:

Moses Oil (after the person)
Abramelin Oil (after the person)
King Solomon Wisdom Oil (after the person)
Queen Elizabeth Root Oil (after the plant, not the monarchs)
John the Conqueror Root Oil (after the root, not a person)
Black Cat Oil (after the species and specific colouration of members of that species)
Indian Spirit Guide Oil (after the cohort of deceased persons, addressed as spirits)

Among our colleagues, we know that these few oils named after entities have names different than those of other condition oils, like Love Me oil or Money-drawing oil, but we are so familiar with these entities -- whether they are plants with human-sounding names or famous personages of the Bible -- that we know for which conditions they will be helpful.

For instance, since every Jew and Christian has heard that "King Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived" (or some variant of that statement), and since the oil is not only named for him, but also for his WISDOM, we know that the oil named for him is to help us address the condition of seeking understanding and wisdom.

There are also numerous saint and deity oils, named after those personages -- but they come to us primarily from folk-Catholic practitioners and form a minor thread in hoodoo. However, the same principle applies as with King Solomon: we know (or can find out from our Catholic friends) that Saint Dymphna, for instance, is the patron saint of the mentally ill, so we can assume (and rightly so) that the oil named for her is to be used in the treatment of the condition of mental illness.

I hope i have clarified this issue for you both, and if you have any more questions about Lucky Mojo oils, please ask!
catherine yronwode

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:33 am

I thought I read somewhere on the site that it's possible to get special condition oils made that LM doesn't carry -- if 12 people commit to buying the blend. For example, I think there was this case with St. Sebastian oil a few years go. Is this the case? If so, is there a general policy around it? Thanks!
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Only Miss Cat will be able to answer this one for us.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:34 am

Hi, new here, delving into the course! One issue that I've come across so far is a bank teller questioned the very slight dressing oil marks, and stated banks might refuse to accept for deposit cash that had been altered in suh a way. This got me to thinking also about dressing letters, etc with powders, etc. is there a way to address this and still be able to properly dress money, etc.? Sorry if this has already been covered or if I'm not doing it right, i searched the forum and read resource pages but wasn't able to gain insight. It is interesting to me that in a much more hyper vigilant society this is something to definitely consider not only for my own use but for advising clients. Thanks for any and all help.

Mary Thomson
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:28 am

You can use powder instead and brush off the excess, so it not visible. You can also lightly touch the edges or corners of the bill with oil. Another possibility is smoking the bill with incense.

Naught1usMax1mus
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Naught1usMax1mus » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Thank you!
HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1398

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

I use my crown of success oil every days by put it in my head with my styling gel on my air.Last week i get a bad surprise when i going to the barbershop,i discovered that my head skin is allergic to this oil,i wanna know if there is another way to use this oil,or if i need to choose another crown of success product like the encens,bath or powder.Let me know please.

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 pm

So first, I just ordered the candle and honey jar books, my first OFFICIAL lucky mojo purchase, so jazzed and can't wait for them to come.

I was just curious though, I would love to get some oil soon, but don't need any for specific ones for any specific workings at this time, and as my budget is very limited, I could only probablly get 1 or 2 at a time (I totally understand the pricing, with all the work that goes into them, especially since i've seen fake oils sold for more!)

I was wondering if Lucky Mojo offers like a sampler set, or if perhaps you would consider doing so in the future. Perhaps one for money, one for love, for protection, etc.. or perhaps samplers that include several for one purpose.

Just a thought :)

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:47 am

Hi ozmalicious,

Checking the Complete Inventory List and I did not see that Lucky Mojo carries any oil sampler sets.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:22 am

You could order Special Oil #20, which can be used for any positive purpose. It comes in a four ounce bottle, so it lasts a long time.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:53 am

Excellent suggestion Mama Micki.

OIL-SPE-SO20
Special Oil No. 20
$12.00

You can click the 'Add To Cart' Button to order this oil.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

ozmalicious

Unread post by ozmalicious » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Sounds like a plan! Thanks again :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:55 pm

No, Lucky Mojo does not carry sample sizes unless you count the smaller bottles included with spell kits. What Sara and I did was start small and add to it each month or every other month, if we could. Now we have a shelf of various Lucky Mojo oils. Took a good while but was well worth it. Certain situations pop up and we are READY!
Joseph Magnuson

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:34 pm

My experience was similar to Joseph's. Although after a short time, I started ordering spellkits. Hindsight, I would have ordered all spell-kits and built from there. I love having everything available. But ms. cat is steadily growing and she tends to have the perfect items no matter what.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Well, I believe everybody should have King Solomon Wisdom products, because we all need wisdom all the time.

Beyond that, Attraction, Protection and Fast Luck should cover just about everything. Steady Work is a good choice, too.

Miss Michaele

gret1970

Unread post by gret1970 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Hey, guys I have a general question about which type of conjure oil to choose. I am in a nasty custody battle with my ex. husband over our daughter. It seems that he has had people lie about serving court papers and now he is avoiding coming back to court. I need advice on what to use to expose him and the lies he has told. I got court case oil, but we don't have a date yet. There is a sugar jar working on the judge. I have confusion candles working on his lawyers but what do I use to expose my ex..and those that are lying for him.

I welcome any and all advice!!! :D

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 am

Hello all!

I have my Follow Me Girl oil that I'm using on my ex who is also my roommate. I'm also sprinkling powders. I want her to start spending a lot of time with me again and be on the path to reconciliation.

I put them on things that I'm sure she would touch, like the doorknob, her sheets, etc. I'm not getting much results yet (though there's a very very VERY slight positive change in her behavior that I am hoping will improve more over time).

I'm wondering though how often the application should be. Should I re-oil and re-powder everything every day? Or should once or a few times a week be enough?

And I guess another question is that the supplier I got it from seems to have old stock because the label I have on the bottle is the old Lucky Mojo label instead of the new label with the illustration of a man. So given that, how old would this oil probably be? It still smells fine though, so I'm guessing it's still good and that the potency is still there, right?

I've read around the forum and seen testimonies where some people have gotten almost instant results where the other person is suddenly more attentive. I'm hoping the age of my bottle of oil isn't affecting its ability to get me results :(

Thank you very much!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri May 10, 2013 7:03 am

My experience is that Lucky Mojo oils are still good for quite a while. If the oil still smells OK, go ahead and use it. How often is up to you, but I would say at least once a week. Friday would be a good day to do this work.

I would suggest adding Reconciliation, Love Me, and/or Lavender Love.

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 am

Thank you, Mama Micki! I do have the Lavender Love Drops bath crystals, which I will be putting in the laundry rinse. I will take your advice and procure some Reconciliation products as well.

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 am

By the way, I was wondering as well. The description for the Love Me oil was "Love Me spiritual supplies are designed to draw a person of the opposite sex closer and cause him or her to openly declare feelings of love. "

Does that mean that this isn't suitable for a lesbian relationship?

SilverDaniels

Unread post by SilverDaniels » Mon May 13, 2013 9:07 pm

gret1970 wrote:Hey, guys I have a general question about which type of conjure oil to choose. I am in a nasty custody battle with my ex. husband over our daughter. It seems that he has had people lie about serving court papers and now he is avoiding coming back to court. I need advice on what to use to expose him and the lies he has told. I got court case oil, but we don't have a date yet. There is a sugar jar working on the judge. I have confusion candles working on his lawyers but what do I use to expose my ex..and those that are lying for him.

I welcome any and all advice!!! :D
I second this question. My sister is in a similar situation (almost eerily identical). Would Clarity oil be appropriate here "to put an end to confusion and unknowing; for insight and true vision"?

Ooh...I'm getting inspired here!! What if you load his personal concerns into the bottom of a male white image candle, carve his name into the wax, and dress him all over with Clarity oil while calling his name, and assuring him that "everything he keeps in the dark, will be brought out into the light" (my Granny used to tell us this as kids to discourage and caution us from telling lies). Sprinkle a counter-clockwise circle of Sage around the base of the candle to "reverse the evil" of his lies (maybe). Then LIGHT THAT SUCKER UP!!

I'm not sure what Psalms to incorporate with this. But, it sounds good to me. I love it when the electricity of Spirit starts running through me!

Any input, you guys? ^_^
Happy Conjuring ^_^

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

SilverDaniels

Unread post by SilverDaniels » Mon May 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks Mama Micki!!

Also, gret1970 -- I did some more diggin' (the electricity is still flow'n), and I found this thread of great tips and tricks that you might find useful. I sure did!

Conjure Help with Liars, Thieves, Fraud, & Swindlers
ask-us-for-conjure-help-with-liars,-thi ... 80326be920

Happy Conjuring!! ^_^
Happy Conjuring ^_^

newbie2012

Unread post by newbie2012 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:24 am

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried using the cleaned and empty container of a room fragrance Plugin and fill it with the FWP or Van Van oil instead, then plug it into the wall?

If so, does it work longer and efficient than burning a FWP candle every week?

Please let me know. Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 pm

newbie2012,

Like releasing oil fragrances by placing the scented oil in an oil-warmer dish over a tea light candle or on a light bulb, the use of an electric room-scent device such as as the wall-socket plug-in that you mentioned is common and has been done by many.

Does it "work longer"?

Well, yes, it is in continual use for an extended period of time, obviously.

Is it "more efficient"?

Magic is not given efficiency-ratings. You cannot think of magic as a device like a car engine that gets so many miles per gallon.

Perhaps for the word "efficient" you meant "effective." In that case (and i am just guessing that this is what you meant), the answer is --

Not necessarily. A candle that you focus upon may be more effective, magically speaking, than a device that you merely plug in and then forget. However, if, every time you smell the scent from the electrical device you are reminded of your intention and speak a magical prayer, then it will be quite effective, because it will keep the spell-work in your mind. So it's up to the individual practitioner, you see, if they just forget the work or use the work as a stimulus to renewed intensity of purpose.
catherine yronwode

totsrus33

Unread post by totsrus33 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Even thought, I signed up to Lucky Mojo a while back, I have never really post anything, as a matter of fact, I do not even know if I am posting in the right forum.
I like to know what I oils or candles or whatever can I blend to bring harmony to my house(since my two nieces moved in a year ago, my house has been crazy, arguments, kids hating on each other, emotional distress, lack of energy, depression, just bad energy all around, etc.), attracts new friends(I am married and just moved to a new city, so a diverse group e.i. couples), bring success to the kids and husband(working on his masters) studies, bring motivation and energy to me, tranquility to my house, body and soul for me and everyone and whatever else that can bring harmony, peace, success, tranquility to my family and home.
I am desperate, my 15 yr old niece is emotionally draining me, her sister and everyone in the family out. Her energy is very strong but not in a positive way.
I have tried doctors, psychologists, etc., and now I am resourcing to you for help.

So, please tell me what I need to do and I will do it. :(

totsrus33

Unread post by totsrus33 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

I made a post for some reason it did not post and I am in urgency to find out what I need to do.

I am not sure if this would be the right forum, but I need to know what I can put together to bring tranquility, peace, harmony, calmness into our house that will help with our current situation.

Something to help with stress, studies, happy thoughts, concentration among the kids, husband and myself.

to bring friendships(we are new to the city), bring people to us(positive people) for me and my husband.

give us success, prosperity, luck, etc..

I feel that a good blend of something can bring all this things but where do I start? PLease Help :(

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:45 am

totsrus33: I would first look into the following products as a start:

Lucky Mojo Peace Water: http://www.luckymojo.com/peacewater.html

Lucky Mojo House Blessing page: http://www.luckymojo.com/houseblessing.html
Joseph Magnuson

totsrus33

Unread post by totsrus33 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 am

After I do the Chinese wash and peace water, is there an oil or oils that can be used too for ourselves base on my previous post. Thank you.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 am

totsrus,

To attract new friends, folks often use Attraction Oil: http://luckymojo.com/attraction.html
catherine yronwode

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:28 am

I had wanted to do a spell to attract a certain female. But I ordered the wrong oil by mistake. Instead of ordering Kiss Me Now and Follow Me Girl, I ordered Kiss Me Now and Follow Me Boy! :o I dressed a candle with it but I did not realize my mistake until after.

It's completely the wrong oil for my needs. That's a understatement. And I don't think I will ever have to use it. I hope not as I am a straight male lol. :lol:

But I do not want this type of oil in my home because it might get on something and cause problems lol.

So is their any type of special way that I am supposed to get rid of a slightly used bottle of Follow me boy oil?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:35 am

Two choices:

Carefully top up the bottle with clean cooking oil so it looks full. Then either --

A. Give the bottle of oil as a present to either a gay male friend or to a lonely female friend for their use

or

B. Hand the bottle of oil to the female you like, let her read the label, look her in the eye, smile, tip your head just a little the way that you do, and say, "Honey, would you like me to be your man?"

LOL!
catherine yronwode

Primal_The_Learner

Unread post by Primal_The_Learner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Two choices:

Carefully top up the bottle with clean cooking oil so it looks full. Then either --

A. Give the bottle of oil as a present to either a gay male friend or to a lonely female friend for their use

or

B. Hand the bottle of oil to the female you like, let her read the label, look her in the eye, smile, tip your head just a little the way that you do, and say, "Honey, would you like me to be your man?"

LOL!
LOL good one!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:56 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:B. Hand the bottle of oil to the female you like, let her read the label, look her in the eye, smile, tip your head just a little the way that you do, and say, "Honey, would you like me to be your man?"
Now, you wouldn't even need a gift for conjure to make it work for you! :lol:

Miss Michaele

Madame Pamita
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Madame Pamita » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Primal_The_Learner wrote: But I do not want this type of oil in my home because it might get on something and cause problems lol.
If you're not working with the oil to find a man, it's not going to bring in any strays off the street!

I would say if you worked with Follow Me Boy and your intention was Follow Me Girl, there are herbs in there that would work for either gender and special herbs just to attract a man. It wouldn't bring a man to you but would be a weaker way of bringing in a woman, whereas Follow Me GIRL would have the powerful herbs for bringing in a woman.

Don't fret about having it in your house or on something. If just having an oil in your house brought in the condition that you wanted I would have them lining up outside the door! :D
With love and light -
Madame Pamita, AIRR Member and HRCC Graduate and Apprentice #1704

fire_and_ice

Unread post by fire_and_ice » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:23 am

This is perhaps a silly question, but I didn’t see this specific topic addressed. My apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere in the forum, and I missed it. This question is about the oils used in magic, sold at Lucky Mojo Curio Co., in general.

Should you shake the bottle of oil before using; or does it depend on the specific oil?

Thanks for your attention.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am

You know, I usually do shake my bottles while saying a little prayer before using the oil, but that's just me.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

badgermama1977

Unread post by badgermama1977 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:28 pm

No, Papa Newt, not just you. I do the same thing. However, I do it sort of to stir up the herbs and all that's in the bottle.
~Badgermama

fire_and_ice

Unread post by fire_and_ice » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Thank you to Papa Newt and to badgermama1977 for your replies. I guess it couldn't hurt to shake the bottles before using the oils.

poeticone

Unread post by poeticone » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Chuparrosa is one of the oils that my AIRR reader recommended I use.

I put some on today because I knew I was going to see the man I adore in a business setting. I knew I would probably get the opportunity to shake his hand so I focused on my hands.

I did get to shake his hand and speak with him briefly. It seemed he grinned a little wider than usual; for the first time since knowing him (about 18 months now) I could see that he has a slight gap between his teeth...it was cute and I felt over the moon!

However, it was about 2 hours after I put the oil on my hands/body.

How long is "too long" when using anointing oils for this purpose?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:34 am

If you don't actively wash that oil off of you it should last for quite some time. I have had conditions change the night of anointing myself with an oil or power that morning. Glad to hear of your good luck!
Joseph Magnuson

Ochani Lele

Unread post by Ochani Lele » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:52 am

Hello Everyone:

I hope this message finds everyone in good health and prosperity!

I have a question regarding the use of Lucky Mojo conjure oils, and this question is about Cat Yronwode's "Lavender Love Drops" formula, although, truly, this question could apply to the use of any of her conjure oils.

I am addicted to the scent of Lavender, and this conjure oil is phenomenal. I've been doing a lot of foot washing (on myself -- I have no one to wash my feet for me!), and after giving myself this type of cleansing I have been anointing my feet with Lavender Love oil. Why? Because if you remove something bad, I feel you should add something good to take its place so the "bad" has nowhere to jump back in! But the problem is this: I can't stop with my feet! I rub it into my legs, and I rub it up my body and on my arms. I even lightly rub it into my neck, and, yes, I've used it very lightly on my face. The oil is heavy but soaks into my skin quickly, and it's better than any moisturizer I've ever used. And being a few moon shy of my 50th birthday with no wrinkles or sagging skin . . . let me tell you . . . I know my moisturizers!

But by the time I've used that tiny bottle as a body moisturizer, I've used a lot. And although I could sleep in mattress made of lavender (I love the smell -- it's awesome) others around me find the scent overpowering.

So my question is this: is there an appropriate oil that Lavender Love can be mixed with so I can use it as an all-over body oil, taking the "power" of the scent down a bit without losing that wonderful smell altogether? I tried cutting it with a bit of olive oil, and the smell of olives ruined the pure scent of lavender. I tried sunflower oil, and the smell of sunflower changed the overall scent again. I tried a bit of lard (to use as an ointment on my feet at least), and that was just too much for daily use (my feet felt too slippery). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if anyone has had any experience with this, what is the ration of conjure oil to "other oil" that you use to make it into a subtle-scented moisturizer? Remember that although I'm not working actively as a nurse now, I do visit (on a volunteer basis) my old patients and residents and heavy scents can irritate someone who is ill. So I'd like it to be subtle, noticeable, but not overpowering.

I'm thinking almond oil . . . but maybe someone else has already had experience with this?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Ócháni

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Ochani Lele --

You have a couple of choices:

1) You could buy your Lavender Love Drops by the 4 ounce Rootworkers and Church Special, which is significantly less expensive than the 1/2 ounce bottle,

2) You could use a massage oil, such as Almond Oil or Apricot Kernel Oil, to dilute it. The ratio would have to be something you choose yourself, based on your own scent-sensitivities and preferences.

Combining both of these choices would give you the most economical form of massage oil.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

Ochani Lele

Unread post by Ochani Lele » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Dear Mrs. Yronwode:

I love both suggestions! I "thought" using Almond Oil might have been a better choice, but I had none on hand and after the other unsuccessful attempts, I thought it better to ask than to think on my own.

Time to stock up on the rootworker special! I'm absolutely addicted to your Lavender Love Drops. I've bought quite a few of your oils the past few weeks, but my love of all things lavender makes that one my absolute favorite so far.

I do have one more question, but I'll understand if you don't want to answer this one: are there any other useful conjure oils that incorporate lavender in their mix? I almost don't want to ask this question because it involves your private recipes, but I like wearing oils when I'm doing work, and for some reason any scent that incorporates lavender just smells "like me." You're an oil maker, and a woman, so I'm sure you can understand that certain scents are personal and work better on some people than others. Anything with lavender in it just smells . . . like me. Of course I understand that lavender can't work for everything, but I'd like to work with oils that have it in them (when such a thing is possible).

Thanks for taking the time to answer my previous question, and I'll understand if you can't answer this one.

Ócháni.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:28 pm

Ochani Lele --

Our Lavender Essential Oil (cut to skin-safe levels with Almond Oil) contains Lavender. :-)

Beyond that, my lips are sealed.
catherine yronwode

Ochani Lele

Unread post by Ochani Lele » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:48 am

Dear Mrs. Yronwode:

I understand, and will never take such a liberty again. I suppose I will have to experiment with ALL your oils and see if any of them have a slight lavender aroma. I do, however, appreciate you taking the time to let me know you're not comfortable answering.

Just now I did order the rootworker's special for the Lavender Love Drops oil. You have made me an addict for that one, so you'd better play nice and NEVER cut me off! You know how addicts can be! LoL!

And just so you know, I've always used dressing/anointing oils in my work, but in my thirty-eight magickal years (I've been at this since I was 11 years old -- from a pagan perspective and then from the perspective of Espiritualismo and then Lucumi) I've never worked with oils that are as delicious as yours. Ordering things like this by mail-order is new to me. I'm used to walking into a store and smelling the oils. But I've not been disappointed by any of your formulas so far, and I've ordered a moderate selection of them to date. Their scents are strong (when I work with them, everyone who comes to my house knows I've been working); and even though I'm preferential to the lavender oil, they're all wonderful.

You've both spoiled and ruined me for any other type of anointing/dressing oils. I went through my other oils . . . and gave them away to my godchildren. I can't bear to use them anymore. Of course my godchildren were delighted to have them, but they've been busy smelling my new stock that I've begun to build up and I have a feeling . . . they're going to be ordering their new stuff from you soon.

Again, thank you for taking time to answer my questions. As time goes by I'm sure I will have more and more -- but I'll try to keep my questioning, probing, and posting to a minimum. I know you're busy -- and I know if I spent more time reading this forum and the Lucky Mojo archives, in time most of my questions will be answered with a lot of personal research.

By the way: your archives are very valuable and having been the webmaster/owner of the internet's oldest site for writers and writing (a site I sold for 5 figures about 4 years ago) I know how expensive bandwidth can be. I never made money off the site except for the sale, and keeping it up for the benefit of the writing community was a huge drain on my personal resources. It must be the same for you. Do you take donations (like I did) to keep that part of the site up and running? My old site is now owned by a corporation, but I'm getting so much from your free work I'd like to make a small contribution from time to time to help you keep it up. This historical value of your work is amazing. You, in your field, have surpassed what I've done in mine. I saw "somewhere" that you do take donations but I can't find the link to it anymore. Can you point me in the right direction? Next month I'd like to send you something to repay you for the extensive, free education I've been getting from your work. I probably spend 2 hours a day reading your free archives, studying the material, and taking extensive notes. And I want to help (at least in a small way) keep this material up for other people. Folklore demands preservation! And you are an excellent folklorist/ethnographer, by the way. I have three books that you've authored/co-authored, and as an author myself I'd like to encourage you to keep writing. Your style is informative, concise, and very professional. And the work you've done in your field needs to be preserved for future generations. This, by the way, is why I write. As time goes by more and more traditional folklore and forms of African based spirituality are getting watered down and lost, even among those who practice these spiritual systems. Your work, my work, our work . . . it's very necessary.

Thanks again! You've been a huge help.

Ócháni Lele

PS: I hope you weren't offended by my question regarding other formulas. I know these are your proprietary recipes, and I will reign myself in from such questions in the future. I hope I didn't offend you? I really am overwhelmed by your work -- it's amazing! I can't say it enough: I've never used any oil from any supplier that has such rich aromas, and I wish I'd tried your products decades ago! It's enthusiasm for your products that led me to ask the question -- not the desire to obtain "secrets." I respect the boundaries you've set.

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

goldentouch97 wrote:I use my crown of success oil every days by put it in my head with my styling gel on my air.Last week i get a bad surprise when i going to the barbershop,i discovered that my head skin is allergic to this oil,i wanna know if there is another way to use this oil,or if i need to choose another crown of success product like the encens,bath or powder.Let me know please.
Goldentouch97, you can choose to use another Crown of Success product to dress yourself, or you can use the Crown of Success oil on parts of your body that are less sensitive than your scalp. Depending on the situation, I've applied various condition oils to my fingers, hands, wrists, the nape of my neck, etc...if you have sensitive skin overall, do a small patch test to make sure that the oil won't cause the same reaction on the rest of your body.

In service
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm

i gonna follow ur advices,thanks a lots.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”