Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Owlsee

Re: Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Unread post by Owlsee » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 am

Thanks for the feedback. I'm ready to make some positive changes in my life. Really am attracted to the idea of not being a victim in my life but a manifester instead.

tboy1977

Unread post by tboy1977 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am

I know it's crazy, but I am amazed time and time again that these candles, oils, jars, and spells WORK!! Before I met Lucky Mojo, I spent thousands on phony "services" that did nothing except subtract from my paycheck.

But the mystery is WHY do they work? What makes sage or lavender so effective in casting a spell or making a honey jar? Why does black repel? Why does green work to draw money?

Flora
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Flora » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm

You should take Cat's Rootwork Correspondence Course if you want to undersand what sets LM & AIRR in a space way above the rest. ~ Flora
Certified Graduate #1658
"A wise woman will make more opportunities than she finds."

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm

tboy1977 wrote:I know it's crazy, but I am amazed time and time again that these candles, oils, jars, and spells WORK!! Before I met Lucky Mojo, I spent thousands on phony "services" that did nothing except subtract from my paycheck.

But the mystery is WHY do they work? What makes sage or lavender so effective in casting a spell or making a honey jar? Why does black repel? Why does green work to draw money?
Your answers may be found here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:35 am

I seen these people online who "claim" to be professional spell casters that can guarantee their love spells are so strong your lover will return to you within 3 days no more and will stay with you forever and ever till death do us part. Like this guy kept emailing me and saying if I do as he says he can guarantee that his love spells can return my ex to me and make him stay with me forever because his spell is so strong that his "Gods" are always on his side helping him reunite people. So when I asked him for a website he said his website was not available. I called him a scam and never spoke to the man again. Why do some people say spells for love can be guaranteed if I thought love spells were not guaranteed to work?

I mean ever since the day I have discovered lucky mojo I have been grateful for such positive reviews and people all over the web praising this site for their hard work and dedication. See I did my readings and spoke with my worker (who is from here on Lucky Mojo) and have been buying all sorts of love spell kits from here and not one of them has helped return my lover at all so this has become frustrating for me. I did a love spell a while back which was a simple candle spell she told me to do and it returned my ex for just a week before he left again saying he was not ready for commitment to anyone. Yet ever since then he has been hitting up all these people saying he wants to be with them even though he insists to me that he is not ready for any relationship and no matter what love spell I do no amount of money is bringing him back to me.

When 3 or 4 months of love spell work goes by and I see no movement or anything yet I am seeing what I think to be signs left and right then I know something is not right. Then I go back to the caster (who is certified here on Lucky Mojo) and she does another reading for me and gives me more work to do. I do the work just exactly as she tells me to do it using the kits I get from lucky mojo and then the cycle of him still not coming to me returns. A friend of mine said if I ever do a love spell I am wasting my time because they do not work but after reading so many positive reviews online I just cannot give up in my mind I know I can get him back question is how come every single love spell I do is not working for me?

When I started the work the spell brought him to me for a week so I know love spells work but ever since then it has been months and no movement has come my way no matter what readings I have done and what work I have applied with spells and such. I have spent hundreds of dollars and man hours invested in love spell work just to show you how dedicated I am to get this man back. I know people will say you need to move on which is true but if I cannot even get my stubborn ex to return to me through the use of a whole bunch of love spells then how can love ever find me with a love spell if none of them have ever worked for me in the first place?

whistler2

Unread post by whistler2 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am

The only guarentee in life are as follows.. Life, taxes and death.

I don't know what other spells you have done, like honey jars or what not. But you said you did a simple candle spell and he returned for a week. While you might have wanted more from it, that is actually a successful casting. He did return to you. So you were able to cast a love spell successfully. That's a positive. Perhaps this is all you were supposed to get from that fellow.

Give yourself a deadline for your work. If you see nothing after XXX amount of time than perhaps it really is time to move on. Cut and clear to make way for new love.

A suggestion though, when you feel a harsh wave of negativity coming on; clean yourself and your home. Smudge it with sage, burn camphor, light up some van-van oil.. But don't give into the "this will never work for me" stuff, because you have had success.

Chin up, buttercup :)

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:06 pm

whistler wrote:The only guarentee in life are as follows.. Life, taxes and death.

Chin up, buttercup :)
I don't think you honestly understand. There is no wave of negativity here. I am positive. Even when my spell caster said to move on and forget the man cause this might not even work I told her to stop saying that. I said if she were to ever tell me my man could not return to me I would stop seeing her because I am positive I can get the man back. Even when I do all the work and she "claims" it backfired on me and that I think I am seeing signs when they are really not signs I remained more positive then ever. I pray at night until I practically fall asleep praying over him.

I literally just do everything exactly as I am told and when people put me down and tell me to let it go I say no because I can get him back even if you want to tell me something negative like us never coming back together (that is what I say to them) so I doubt negativity is the issue when I always have a smile on and each day when I get up in the morning I say today is a better day then yesterday and will be better then ever. I don't think this is about cutting clear and moving on. I think the issue is I could be permanently cursed. Why? Because he is not the only person I have done a love spell on.

I have done many love spells on many people only to find each and every spell I ever did in my entire life failed no matter how positive it is. You say I could cut clear and find someone else but how? Just HOW do I do that? I am telling you no matter what love spells I have tried I start fresh and tell myself only positive thinking this is the one that is going to work and then months later I look back and say hey wait a minute I told myself this was the spell that would work to find me true love or to reunite me with so and so and it never worked no matter what I did and how positive I was about this person.

So I move on to someone else and when that one fails I move on to someone else and someone else and not once have I been able to successfully cast a spell that can actually keep a person with me for a really long time. The spell I did made him stay for one week that was it. That may have worked for a short time but not for long. I want someone who is going to stay with me forever and ever and tell me they love me. A man whose biggest fear is me leaving them and that they would do anything just to have me forever and marry me someday. But if I have to keep doing love spells that are not working then what is the use in that?

I have done anything from baths, to honey jars, to reconciliation kits, to even hot foots to get rid of exes and boyfriends and girlfriends that have been in the way of any lover I did my spells on and I never do work on more then one person at a time. I do work on one person and if it fails after a few months I go on to someone else. But the repeating cycle of me continuing to not get anywhere even though I am positive is just frustrating. I hope you understand my concern. But I appreciate your response to me. Means a lot.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi.

johnnyr860 wrote:
I don't think you honestly understand. There is no wave of negativity here. I am positive. Even when my spell caster said to move on and forget the man cause this might not even work I told her to stop saying that. I said if she were to ever tell me my man could not return to me I would stop seeing her because I am positive I can get the man back. Even when I do all the work and she "claims" it backfired on me and that I think I am seeing signs when they are really not signs I remained more positive then ever. I pray at night until I practically fall asleep praying over him.
That;s not very healthy. The best thing you can do when you are doing love work is set a time limit and stick to it, and listen to your reader. Because you don't get everything you want simply because you want it, sometimes the answer is no, sometimes the answer is Hell No. So working with out a time limit is a great way to waste your time when you could be finding someone more suited to you.
johnnyr860 wrote: I don't think this is about cutting clear and moving on. I think the issue is I could be permanently cursed. Why? Because he is not the only person I have done a love spell on.

I have done many love spells on many people only to find each and every spell I ever did in my entire life failed no matter how positive it is. You say I could cut clear and find someone else but how? Just HOW do I do that? I am telling you no matter what love spells I have tried I start fresh and tell myself only positive thinking this is the one that is going to work and then months later I look back and say hey wait a minute I told myself this was the spell that would work to find me true love or to reunite me with so and so and it never worked no matter what I did and how positive I was about this person.
It doesn't sound like your cursed. It sounds like either you lack the talent/ability to do magic in general or love spells in particular, not everyone can work effective magic, not everyone can work every form of magic effectively. It is not enough to simply want something, believe in yourself and stay positive, you have to have the talent and skill to do the work.
johnnyr860 wrote:So I move on to someone else and when that one fails I move on to someone else and someone else and not once have I been able to successfully cast a spell that can actually keep a person with me for a really long time. The spell I did made him stay for one week that was it. That may have worked for a short time but not for long. I want someone who is going to stay with me forever and ever and tell me they love me. A man whose biggest fear is me leaving them and that they would do anything just to have me forever and marry me someday. But if I have to keep doing love spells that are not working then what is the use in that?
I suggest you get a through reading, a natal chart reading by one of the astrologers at AIRR would be good. And listen to your reader, don't shut them out just because you don't like what they say.
HRCC Student #1559

Witchyone

Unread post by Witchyone » Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

I hope that this is being posted without having been asked by another. If so, then moderators, feel free to merge.

I have a general question about love work in conjure. There are many spells in the love category that work for some and not others, depending on what one wishes to accomplish. But let's say that a particular spell (such as a honey jar/sweet jar) is used and produces favorable signs as well as movement. Is it safe to say that the signs and movement are due to the practitioner's gift of conjure, or the fact that their target does already feel something for them, which allows the container spell to work in the first place? In other words, does the rate of success with signs and movement with any particular love work depend on any feelings already existing within the target (for the practitioner)?

I do understand that having the right ingredients and components to the spell actually helps, but assuming that everything that goes with the honey jar or sweet jar has been constructed properly...does the appearance of positive signs and movement take place because of the target's already existing feelings toward the practitioner, or does the honey jar/sweet jar simply produce the desired effect?
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu May 16, 2013 12:04 pm

If I may be so bold, your question springs from a kind of rationalist, materialist mindset -- a desire to scientifically account for every single variable.

Magic is much more slippery than that, because it involves the intangible Spirit.

To return to your original question, either situation is possible. Love work is much easier if your target is not entirely cold and closed off to you, of course. But it is also possible that love can be kindled where none existed.

Spells fail when they are poorly thought out or when the situation is misdiagnosed (sweetening work on a wife beater, for instance). There are other causes, too -- Dr. Johannes was extremely informative on this subject on last week's Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour.

Here's the link; the teaching starts about 16:15:
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour of May 12, 2013, featuring Dr. Johannes

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Witchyone

Unread post by Witchyone » Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 am

MissMichaele wrote:If I may be so bold, your question springs from a kind of rationalist, materialist mindset -- a desire to scientifically account for every single variable.

Magic is much more slippery than that, because it involves the intangible Spirit.

To return to your original question, either situation is possible. Love work is much easier if your target is not entirely cold and closed off to you, of course. But it is also possible that love can be kindled where none existed.

Spells fail when they are poorly thought out or when the situation is misdiagnosed (sweetening work on a wife beater, for instance). There are other causes, too -- Dr. Johannes was extremely informative on this subject on last week's Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour.

Here's the link; the teaching starts about 16:15:
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour of May 12, 2013, featuring Dr. Johannes

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
Thanks for your reply, Miss Michaele,

I really didn't think that my question sound like that since this is not my thinking, but I have to respect your perception of it. I've been practicing magick for about 16 years now...started out learning Wicca. Only a few years ago, did I discover hoodoo, conjure and rootwork...I'm still learning after having practiced hoodoo for only a few years but I am experienced in magick, so please take no offense to the question. Its merely an attempt to understand something and there's nothing wrong with that. You see, I ask because from doing work on someone, I've been getting great signs and movement and I wanted to understand if the signs and movement was due to the fact that he already has some feelings for me, which would account for the signs and the movement to begin with, whereas previous work on others before, who may not have had feelings for me, garnered no results. This tells me that I'd personally, have better success working on someone whose feelings already existed for me, and whether or not to attempt the work on a given individual (love cases). Just wanted to gage if this man's feelings has anything to do with the signs I get,...or not.

But in understanding that rootwork and conjure is different from Wicca, as well as its magickal components, I also wanted to understand how the magick in rootwork and conjure works as opposed to merely assuming that its all lumped up into the same category as Wicca or any other magickal system. This would hardly be fair on my part, being a magickal practitioner as well as retaining the knowledge that all magickal systems are different.

But I believe that I get the basics of what you are saying...there's no rhyme or reason with magick...it just is and its essential magickal functions come not only from our own will and intent but the proper use of the herbs, roots, oils and candles we employ, as well as other components such as spirits or deities, days of the week, planetary hours, etc. Basically, you're saying that magick is a natural, mysterious wonder and tool and cannot be placed in any defined category...got it.

Thanks again, Miss Michaele. I'll keep that instead of question how this works and how that works, lol. Magick is definitely a natural phenomenon that can't be explained in so many categories, and you are right about that!
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Witchyone wrote:I really didn't think that my question sound like that since this is not my thinking, but I have to respect your perception of it. I've been practicing magick for about 16 years now...started out learning Wicca. Only a few years ago, did I discover hoodoo, conjure and rootwork...I'm still learning after having practiced hoodoo for only a few years but I am experienced in magick, so please take no offense to the question. Its merely an attempt to understand something and there's nothing wrong with that.
No, certainly not. And I hope you haven't taken offense at my answer. I seem to have stung you by mistake.

When I spoke of a rationalist worldview, I certainly didn't want to call you out. We do, though, live in a materialist culture, and it creeps into everything, even when we are trying to connect to the Spirit.
But I believe that I get the basics of what you are saying...there's no rhyme or reason with magick
Well, rhyme, certainly; the Doctrine of Signatures, the Law of Contagion, and other principles of spell design, do function sort of like rhyme in poetry, I think.
...it just is and its essential magickal functions come not only from our own will and intent but the proper use of the herbs, roots, oils and candles we employ, as well as other components such as spirits or deities, days of the week, planetary hours, etc. Basically, you're saying that magick is a natural, mysterious wonder and tool and cannot be placed in any defined category...got it.
Well, you're right, but I was thinking of other things. These things, the things you mention, have their own power; they individually believe in themselves. And when we bring several of them together, they find their places in our work and form one entity -- as in (my favorite example) Rudyard Kipling's story, "The Ship Who Found Herself."

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Tue May 21, 2013 12:20 am

Witchyone wrote:I hope that this is being posted without having been asked by another. If so, then moderators, feel free to merge.

I have a general question about love work in conjure. There are many spells in the love category that work for some and not others, depending on what one wishes to accomplish. But let's say that a particular spell (such as a honey jar/sweet jar) is used and produces favorable signs as well as movement. Is it safe to say that the signs and movement are due to the practitioner's gift of conjure, or the fact that their target does already feel something for them, which allows the container spell to work in the first place? In other words, does the rate of success with signs and movement with any particular love work depend on any feelings already existing within the target (for the practitioner)?

I do understand that having the right ingredients and components to the spell actually helps, but assuming that everything that goes with the honey jar or sweet jar has been constructed properly...does the appearance of positive signs and movement take place because of the target's already existing feelings toward the practitioner, or does the honey jar/sweet jar simply produce the desired effect?
This is a classic "hen or the egg first?"-question. The procedure is reflecting a living process, not a static "law".
In any case the signs and movements are of minor importance since they only give weak indicators. Often because the practitioner did not put up a reasonable time frame for the spell to wield results within and because they lacks that point of perception which gives them full belief in their spell.
The result, or lack of result is the compass.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

cheekybunny
HRCC Student

Unread post by cheekybunny » Thu May 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi,
After a reading with Cat, she suggested that i try a more loving approach to magic with someone who is very resistant. I can't seem to get through to him at all. The compelling products haven't worked, neither has the wax poppet. So i tried the loving approach and still no movement. Looking for suggestions. Thanks

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Thu May 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Were the Compelling Products suggested to be worked with for the more loving approach? How are you speakingto the poppet when you work it? Do you demand whatever it is you are working on this person for? Without knowing a whole lot you may want to consider also working with Influence Products as well as Tranquility, or Bewitching (depending on how you are working this and the nature of the work), to calm the mind as you work the person.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 am

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was such a thing as an unreadable person.

I have had readings from three different readers. I'm not sure about the first one, but I know for sure that other two are legit (they are friends of AIRR workers). But all of them said three different things about my situation, and their reasoning behind what they said were really off. I also had one reading from an AIRR worker (for a different situation), who gave me sound advice, but in the end, it wasn't really their advice that got me what I wanted (they weren't even able to tell if I would get what I would want or not, they just gave me advice on how to get to my goal).

Now I don't mind bad news, but the bad news has to be supported by something (same with good news). But bad news (or good news) reasoned with something that I know to not be the case just leaves me baffled.

Some examples:

1) One said that my target was unhappy when we came to this new place. Which is off because after we came here, she couldn't stop talking about how much she loved her new job and felt so at home here and was thinking of settling here and staying indefinitely.

2) Another said that we are likely to have a "friends with benefits" situation. But this person is has such a hard time being intimiate (even had a girlfriend that she never even kissed!) that the thought of her having sex with a friend is just so out there.

3) I was told that they sensed I would soon reconcile with an estranged family member. But I am not estranged with any family members at all. I get along with my family really well.

There are more, but I think you get the point.

So yeah, always after a reading, I'm always left with a question that goes like, "But how is that so if..." And I'm just left with questions about the reading rather than having my actual answers questioned.

So I was wondering if it was possible that there was something about me that's just unreadable? I want to hire a rootworker but I want it to be someone who can accurately tap into my situation, and so far I've had no luck. Am I blocked? Is there a way to unblock myself? Or is it a matter of finding that one reader that is actually able to read me accurately? It's like I've never had an accurate reading in my life and I really really really want to have a reader who I can go to regularly who just knows what's going on and can answer my questions instead of baffling me with reasons that don't line up at all with what I already know for sure.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 am

Getting a reading is like looking into the stream of the person's life. The flow of information of what was, what is, and what could be is flowing together all at once, and the reader, focusing on your question, will "dip in" to see what is going on. Now, just like any stream, if there is a lot of activity it will start to cloud up and soon the water is no longer clear. Which is exactly what happens when you go from reader to reader to reader with the same question.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:35 am

Iv had readings like that and at the time (as I look back) I was shopping for answers I wanted to hear not what I was told. I also have found that sometimes readers pick up on things and mesh em together..example I was told by a reader id meet a guy at a gym and he would be Italian.. well two weeks apart I met an Italian and a guy at a gym ( not Italian) both which I exchanged numbers and casually dated for a few weeks. Info was not wrong, just not what I expected. Also pay attention to the cards that come up in the reading major v. minor. My experience the major cards tend to be fate and things that are meant to happen (good or bad) and after it, you will be altered in some way, minor can changed based on choices and decisions. Just my imput!
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

AnnieB

Unread post by AnnieB » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks for you input, Papa Newt and j82!

I do know that there's such a thing as being over read. I guess I gave the impression that I went from one reader right after another, which isn't the case. These readings were spaced around 1-2 months in between, which I figured would be a good enough rest in between. But I'm still constantly getting answers that seem to not make sense to me :(

As for shopping around for answers that I want to hear, I am indeed trying to be careful regarding that. Like I said, I will accept answers that I don't want to hear, considering they are backed up with reasons I can understand. For example, if I was told that my ex doesn't want to get back together with me because of something I did, then yes, that is acceptable. But if I were told that my ex left me because they were unhappy with their life when I can see everyday that they are the happiest they have been in a while during the time of the breakup, then there is clearly something amiss.

On the other hand, a about 6 years ago I started reading Tarot cards. I did pretty well reading for other people but my readings for myself were always inaccurate. I stopped reading 3 years ago but then I recently just picked up a new deck, and tried reading for myself again with it. My readings seem to make sense now, although for many things, there is no way to check if I am correct.

However, early this week I asked what's in store for me this week and the cards told me that I will feel the need to get emotional and that I should be careful and be ready to control it. I thought to myself, I don't think this will happen as I've been quite good at keeping my emotions in check lately, but I wrote it anyway in my tarot journal and forgot about it. Then sure enough, yesterday, it did happen and I had a (very mild) argument with my target. Luckily I suddenly remembered the reading and did indeed control myself before it became a big fight and things were smoothed out pretty quickly.

So maybe things have turned around and I can actually read for myself now. Still, it would be nice to find a reader who can catch me accurately so I can compare my notes to theirs for additional insight..

branden

Unread post by branden » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:36 pm

I hope I'm making sense. When focusing on a particular person even though in my petition I ask that this person be truthful, etc. Is there some sort of trade off. Like I would get this but not that?

starry moonlit night
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by starry moonlit night » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi brenden,

No, magic doesn't work like that. Whatever you state in your petition, that's what will happen. Visualize what you want, and BELIEVE in it.

You can read more about how spells work here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

Hope this helps
Proud Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1824

branden

Unread post by branden » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanx :)

Euoi

Unread post by Euoi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Hoodoo relies on herbs, roots, minerals and such to accomplish goals. Now, most forms of modern magic instruct the magician to "raiseenergy"prior to spells. This is lacking in hoodoo. While other traditions may use herbs and the like, energy is still raised. Now, how does hoodoo work then? If energy isn't raised, does the magic work purely because the practitioner uses his/her pure will and focus to attain these desires?
Is it the praying, recitation of psalms, or other statements of intent that essentially being the spell together to work?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello, Euoi,
This page may help you understand Hoodoo www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html
Hope this helps.
HRCC Graduate #1631

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 am

Hello Euoi,

Keep in mind that every herb, roots and mineral has Spirit. When you work with them you're asking the Spirits of each to move with a specific intent or direction. You tell them what you'd like them to do. Your petition states the outcome desired. The personal concerns of the person you're working on link everything to the target. You also ask God to Bless your work and to see it done if it be justified. If Spirit and God's will aren't Power or Energy, I don't know what is :)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 am

Hi Euoi,
Euoi wrote:Hoodoo relies on herbs, roots, minerals and such to accomplish goals. Now, most forms of modern magic instruct the magician to "raiseenergy"prior to spells. This is lacking in hoodoo. While other traditions may use herbs and the like, energy is still raised. Now, how does hoodoo work then? If energy isn't raised, does the magic work purely because the practitioner uses his/her pure will and focus to attain these desires?
Is it the praying, recitation of psalms, or other statements of intent that essentially being the spell together to work?
It's called prayer. :-)

Many workers will pray before they start their work. For some this could be saying Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be. For others they have a specific Psalms that they will work with first, and some just will call upon Divinity and speak from the heart before beginning. Then as Aura has mentioned, the worker will work with the spirit of the herb, root, or mineral towards the specific goal.
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Euoi

Unread post by Euoi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 am

Thank you guys for your answers, they really helped me to better understand hoodoo!

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am

I just love what has been posted here. I am a little late to this conversation and when I read the question about raising energy I started to formulate my answer in my head. As I read down the thread everything that I was going to say had already been said. What an awesome community!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

EXPERIENCINGWICCA
Newly Registered

Unread post by EXPERIENCINGWICCA » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 am

hi,

I do not believe in oils or potions or if they take effect. but I believe in spell casting.

I'd like to wonder why others believe in spell casting, yet I ponder why celebrities aren't affected with magick at all or have encounters with magick. their popularity is their own gain.

but to my point is. I read articles here that had been cursed because there hair was touché, I cant help but wonder why celebrities who had had stylist and others compliment them in their hair, have a lot of people envy them and touch their hair do not encounter such situations.

are this hollywoood stars invisible from dark forces, negative curses hex and such? :D

it's really difficult to have a high-profiled life. does that have anything to do with their stars which include not having to encounter such tihings, i want to ask.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:50 am

Hi EXPERIENCINGWICCA,

I don't mean to be harsh here, but if you don't believe in working with oils or powders or baths or any of the other staples of Hoodoo: you're in the wrong Forum. Along with Prayer, those are the bread and butter of spell-casting in this tradition which we would appreciate you not discredit.

This isn't a place to debate magical beliefs but a place to ask for help on how to perform traditional conjure work and what's needed to do that effectively.

And who says the stars don't use magic? They may. They may not. If they did, they'd certainly be well advised not to talk about it! Just an idea to consider. And if you think that stars are impervious to negative situations: have you looked at their personal lives lately? Hardly story-book material in most cases.

All that said, if there is any spell-work advice that you seek in the matter of your own social popularity or with regards to your own friendships, please feel free to ask.

Blessings and Success to You.
Aura Laforest

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:25 am

Hello all,

About a year and a half ago, I was employed and spoke to a rootworker respected by this community about seeking a better job. I was proscribed a lodestone spell and the divination suggested I would find new employment within a year.

Seven months thereafter I lost my job. About a year after the initial working, I was still unemployed and recontacted said rootworker. I was told the problem was that I lacked resolve but the divination was that if I kept things up with the lodestone I'd get two offers within a few months.

I got two offers, but both were rescinded immediately after they were made (both hiring projects collapsed). Its been a year and a half since I started and I've now been unemployed about a year. Doesn't seem like much of anything is sticking. Any thoughts? Time to give up magic?

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 am

mthwgrmn, When you run into obstacles it is easy to feel like the magic isn't working and as soon as you start to doubt the work you are in trouble. You were told that you would get two offers and you did, however, there seems to be something up since those were pulled before the jobs could be made official. I don't think it is time to give up the magic. I would say it is time to shake things up for yourself and maybe refocus. Do a cleansing of yourself and your home. Keep working with your lodestone. Perhaps look into a Steady Work or Crown of Success mojo. Double check your resume and make sure that it is in tip-top shape. Reach out to your network and see what else might be out there for you. Do some prosperity work.

There is a ton of free information here on the forums and on the LM website. Scour over that and see what else sticks out for you. And maybe it is time to talk to your rootworker and let them know that you are feeling this way and want to add some fuel to the fire. Since they know more about your situation they might have the perfect option to bring work your way.

Also, check out the Crystal Silence League, where free prayer is available. It helps.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks for your advice.

I've already had my resume checked by professionals twice, my home cleansed, my network has been reached out to, the Crystal Silence league is already praying for me, a friend made me a steady work mojo back when I lost my job, and my rootworker knows about my situation. I've also been keeping up the lodestone work without fail.

So it goes.

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:42 am

gravel root in my shoes while going for an interview has done pretty well by me, also dusting the resumes with crown of success powder before handing it over.

i would say it did work since you DID get 2 offers. something just seems to be blocking your way and you should deal with that

you might want to take a bath with vanvan crystals, dump water at crossroads and dont look back..also burn a Road Opener candle. that or have the misc church burn a steady work or road opener candle for you. oddly enough i find them burning a candle to be more effective since well they are experts and know what herbs to add,what to say and stuff like that.

good luck!

oh and you can try to get on the radio show where they will do a free reading and let you know whats getting in your way.

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:42 am

Were it me, I might think about an astrological reading to see if this is a planetary situation that is causing a long period of unfortunate luck. That kind of thing could last a while. I believe someone who called into the last radio show was going through something along those lines. If you are also you'll want to get some specific rootwork instruction from a member of AIRR who specializes in that form of divination. Just an idea.

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

Sarafina and Candiijojo,

Thank you both for your advice.

One thing I'll mention is that the rootworker I asked help from feels part of the problem is that I want more help. Basically, this person's opinion is "you've got a lodestone, your friend made you a mojo bag, asking for more help is just adding too many ingredients and undermining yourself."

What do you (or anyone else reading this) think?

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:56 am

i say get yourself on the radioshow and find out whats really the case and def consider the gravel root and other stuff for interviews. The most important thing is getting blockage removed

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:22 am

Sarafina, that's a great idea.

Mthwgrmn, here's the sign-up thread for next week's radio show:

Radio Show Pre-Call ID: March 23rd, 2014
forum.luckymojo.com/radio-show-pre-call-id-march-23rd,-2014-t27549.html

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:33 pm

The radio show isn't really a good option for me. Thanks for the idea, though.

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:53 pm

^why not? I really think getting a reading from 3 experts will tell you what you need to know because honestly no point in doing this and that is you are blocked/jinxed.

consider it and good luck

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Not to mention they are all members of AIRR, which can help you feel comfortable knowing they are all experienced and trained through cat's program. Anyone can call themselves a rootworker, and maybe your guy was ligit, but you haven't mentioned that he was or wasn't a member of AIRR.

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm

The worker is a member of AIRR and I don't doubt her/his legitimacy. Radio isn't an option for me - seriously, trust me on this one. I would consider almost anything else though.

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:41 pm

well then like i said give yourself a cleansing with vanvan bath crystals and ask the misc to set a road opener and/or steady work candle. use gravel root for interviews and dust resumes and yourself with crown of success.

let us know how it goes.

BlakPrincessUK

Unread post by BlakPrincessUK » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:52 pm

I would suggest that you continue with the cleansing. I don't know how many times you have cleansed yourself and your dwellings but maybe it needs to be repeated. Also i know its difficult to stay upbeat in this kind of situation but doubting your magic will not help the situation. if you don't have any specific oils then a white candle and olive oil can perhaps help. You can pray for clarity and tranquility of mind while waiting for your break through.

I have has 3 readings with 3 different AIRR workers. Each reading was on point. They told me things that were painful to hear but they were always accurate.

Try to keep your spirit up.
Best of luck to you

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:51 am

Addendum: I have a one week temp assignment starting tomorrow. That's not exactly great, but after a year of unemployment, it's definitely a start.

That's magic for you, I guess; it literally manifested right after I posted here.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:53 am

mthwgrmn wrote:Addendum: I have a one week temp assignment starting tomorrow. That's not exactly great, but after a year of unemployment, it's definitely a start.

That's magic for you, I guess; it literally manifested right after I posted here.
That's the spirit!

Sometimes, after a long run of bad luck, it takes time for your life to turn around even after cleansing and blessing work have been done. You might see only a trickle for a long time, only to be surprised when it eventually turns into a river of blessings. I know that's been my experience in some aspects of life.

Keep posting prayers at the Crystal Silence League -- we're all praying for you and would like to continue as long as you need it.

Good luck and God's blessings,

Miss Michaele

BlakPrincessUK

Unread post by BlakPrincessUK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:56 pm

mthwgrmn wrote:Addendum: I have a one week temp assignment starting tomorrow. That's not exactly great, but after a year of unemployment, it's definitely a start.

That is great news.

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Addendum to my addendum:

The temp job that was offered me was cancelled. No job for me.
That's the kind of results I've been getting. Every time something manifests, it collapses.
I think I'll go beat my head against the wall now.

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I wrote a very long petition asking to attract a job offer from a company for x amount of dollars as an annual salary (a range between such and such), and I wanted to start the job smoothly and not be fired from it and leave on my own accord for a better job when it comes. So I ask for this to happen during a specific time and date and got a candle report that said it burned cleaned and steady and it looked like my luck was going to improve. It didn't happen until two months later. The company I wanted an offer from sent me a job offer with a salary that's within the range I asked for in my petition "on paper." However, after seeing my first check and how much taxes were taking out, it doesn't amount to the salary I asked for in reality, it's much less than I thought it would be.

Also, when I started the job, it did not start smoothly as I asked for in my petition and it has been very difficult every since. I hate my job, I wish I never accepted the offer, and the people I work with I overheard bad mouthing me in very vulgar, rude manner. They are all employees because they know the CEO of this very, very small company, and I'm really the first employee they hired that they don't know personally. There's no HR dept. to complain to. So there is definitely a cult feeling here, and I hate my co-workers and environment because they won't allow me to fit in :cry: . I, by no means am ungrateful for having a job. But when people go out of there way to judge and disrespect you when all you want to do is work, it forces me to look elsewhere. I see my fault was focusing too much on attracting a great job offer, and not a great job. What could I've done differently to make my petition work in my favor? What candle should I burn now to get me out of this awful job asap and into the great one I've been searching for all this time?
Last edited by MissMichaele on Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Retitled for clarity

duchess
HRCC Student

Unread post by duchess » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:05 am

Hi mthwgrmn,

As everyone has counselled here, it's really important not to give up. Be heartened. You've had some manifestation and that's a really good sign.

Several recommendations:

1) Try a different approach to your situation: Maybe loadstone work is not your thing. Maybe you should try candles or oils or laying powders or saint work...etc. While it's really important not to throw too much at a situation, it's also okay to experiment with what works for you. Not everyone is going to have the same success with the same types of workings. Hoodoo is a system and you have to keep practicing and working at it until you find what works for you.

2) If you are not feeling a connection with your worker, it's okay to try someone different as long as you let everyone know in the situation and are graceful about it. A rootworker-client relationship is like every other type of relationship. Sometimes you are a really good fit for one another, sometimes not. I got readings with several AIRR members and had small things done for me before I developed a long-term relationship with a rootworker I adore and really click with.

3) Manifestation can be a weird thing. We talk about the three days/three months rule and that is pretty true but I have to say that I've had things manifest almost immediately. I've also had things that take years to manifest. I'm working on a situation now that I had literally given up on and packed up the work. Almost exactly nine months after I had literally stopped all work, I am now seeing some pretty spectacular manifestation. That it's happening this way is partly due to a lack of patience on my part and partly due to the fact I got in the way of my own work. More experienced workers tend to see quicker manifestation but that's not always a hard and fast rule.

4) You have to work as hard at your rootwork as you do at stuff in the real world and vice versa. If you are doing a reconciliation case, you don't argue with your ex. If you are looking for a job, you keep putting yourself out there. Your attraction work *is* working; it sounds like you need to address keeping these opportunities. My recommendation is to get a reading on what is preventing these positions from coming through. Maybe the issue is as simple as doing some crown of success work or making a honey jar with some fish hooks.

The lesson to learn from all of this is that rootwork is a commitment and we don't always know how it's going to go.

Keep at it, keep learning, keep practicing, and don't give up.

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 am

Duchess:

It's hard for me to say I've had any manifestation, since the original intent of my working was for a better job and none of the (non)-results I did get would have qualified for that (all were worse than my old job by any metric, although I'd happily take anything over unemployment, obviously.)

Regarding your first point, I did a lodestone rite purely on the recommendation of my worker. S/he divined that I would get results within a year, then after a year passed and I was laid off, said "stick with it and you'll get results within a few months." I don't have a problem with saying lodestones aren't for me, although that's on my worker, who not only prescribed such but insisted that resolve was the issue and that I needed to stick with it.

I'm inclined to agree with the rest of your points, though.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:49 am

Hi MarkiMark1776,

Your situation is regretable and unfortunately illustrates that what you think you want may not really be what you thought it was (the grass is always greener on the other side...). You did get the salary you asked for from the company you wanted, that said, the reality is less than ideal for all the reasons that you are currently living. These are distressing events to say the least and my heart goes out to you.

As things stand now, working with Boss Fix and Stop Gossip can help make things run more smoothly in your place of current employment.

To aid in your finding an ''ideal'' place of work, another run of Steady Work with some Road Opener can help as could a full Steady Work spell. When you write your petition, specify salary range (after taxes!), benefits desired and work ''atmosphere'' but don't limit where those opportunities for income can come from by targetting a specific company (unless you're certain that's where you want to be). Make sure you then follow up in the mundane world by sending out fixed résumés, applying for interesting positions and perhaps contacting a placement agency or meeting potential employers in person. Also keep in mind that all jobs will have some people you won't get along with and have tasks that you won't enjoy doing - begin by deciding what you can and can't live with, but be realistic in your expectations.

Finally, consider keeping a jack ball or High John root as a pocket piece to help you have more influence in work and job-hunting, as well as in life on an on-going basis. They can also be fingered discreetly whenever you're having a really rough time and they supply a helping hand.

Blessings and Success to You.
Aura Laforest

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:02 am

mthwgrmn,

Sorry you are having no joy in the job world.

Have you noticed that you are repeating a certain emotional / logical / social stance here in post after post? It was identified by the psychologist Eric Berne as "Yes, but ..."

You state a problem. We offer free help. You say, "Yes, but ..."

We offer a different approach and a different form of free help. You say, "Yes, but ..."

We offer further help, as best we can, considering that you are rejecting everything we suggest. You say, "Yes, but ..."

We offer an alternative approach. You say, "Yes, but ..."

At some point it looks to me like you are more interested in proving us wrong, useless, or ineffective than it does like you are coming to this forum for help with your practice of hoodoo folk magic.

Here's the thing (and why this thread even exists at this forum): We know that folk magic does not work for everyone. Just like medicine does not cure every sickness, prayer does not answer every need, and calling a plumber does not fix every leak, some situations and some people cannot be fixed.

I hereby declare you one such individual and your condition of joblessness one such condition. You are free to go now. You have not been helped by conjure. You need not ask for any more offers of help from us. We need not offer you free radio readings or suggest spell-work. You need make no more forum posts. We need not make any more attempts to put a band-aid on your obviously serious case of badness which we have been unable to solve. Hoodoo is not right for you. Divination is not right for you. We are not right for you.

May God bless and keep you.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:16 pm

catherineyronwode wrote: At some point it looks to me like you are more interested in proving us wrong, useless, or ineffective than it does like you are coming to this forum for help with your practice of hoodoo folk magic.
Im very much inclined to agree Miss Cat. He was told he would get two opportunities and it DID come to pass yet he decided that deny that happened and just claim it doesnt work. It's so obvious that he's blocked..every opportunity he gets ends up disappearing or going badly, one would think he'd be open to a cleansing and road opener supplies, not even that but to turn down a radioshow with FREE readings and rootwork suggestions from knowledgeable experts, im baffled. Im stumped on what he's looking for or hoping to hear.

anyway sorry for the rant, just typical capricorn who hates when people have the opportunity to help themselves and make up all sorts of excuses against it..plus the sheer dismissal of my many tips turned me off..done now.

mthwgrmn
HRCC Student

Unread post by mthwgrmn » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Tone can be very difficult to gauge online. If I've been unwittingly rude or dismissive, I sincerely apologize. Especially with this week's recent bit of bad news, my despair and not my wiser side may have been speaking.

Mea culpa.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Good luck as aura posted excellent advice. As for the Jack Ball (http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html) scroll to the end of this page and read more about it. It is a wonderful tool to have.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

vmadone

Unread post by vmadone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:46 am

Omg, the situation is similar to mine at the moment.

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Upon seeing the title I thought steady work candle didn't work when in fact it actually did work, you just didn't ask for the right things in your petition so title is a bit misleading

I suppose what you could do now is do another Steady Work candle and ask for what really matters. Factor in taxes as you shouldn't expect a candle to do that for you and mention the type of workplace you're hoping to find. As of now I'd follow all that aura mentioned.

Good luck.

MarkiMark1776

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi all,

Aura, thanks for the wonderful advice on how I should handle this situation. I will be looking into the Boss Fix vigil candle, the Steady Work kit with some Road Opener supplies, and especially that Jack Ball suggestion because they sound like exactly what I need!

And Sarafina, "Disappointed in Steady Work results. What shall I do now?" wasn't my original title for this thread. I see a moderator changed the title for clarity. I did forget to mention in my post that I didn't use a Steady Work vigil candle. I used an Attraction vigil candle to "attract" a job offer that led to this job at the specific company I work for now. I apologize for leaving that out (my mind is all over the place). I hope that I explained the situation more clearly in my post here.

And if anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to chime in.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:54 pm

MarkiMark1776, I'm the moderator who changed your title. I, too, thought you had used a Steady Work candle. I'll change it again to "Disappointed in Attraction job spell results," shall I?

Your original job-attraction spell actually looked pretty well-designed to me. Something's blocking you and you need to move it out of the way -- then do some more Attraction work and then maintain it with Steady Work and Boss Fix (to keep your boss and workmates sweet to you) when you have a better job.

Do some Money Stay With Me work, too, to make those paychecks stretch farther.

In the meantime, spray some Peace Water and Boss Fix oil in the bathrooms at work. You can say Psalm 133 as you do it. It's a short one, but even the first verse, "How pleasant it is for brothers to dwell in unity" will have some power. Or you could open the bottle of Peace Water as soon as you get it and whisper the psalm into it.

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”