• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 am

Spells for Help With Horse, Donkey, or Mule

Spells for Help With Horse, Donkey, or Mule

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:38 pm

Hello, everyone! I have the feeling that now or within the coming months would be the perfect time to start a honey jar for my horse and I to further strengthen and reinforce our bond. I want it to be one that encourages trust, health, and calmness (as she can be a bit of a hot head), friendship, and of course keeping us in tune with each other- she's already great with me, I just want this to further bring about the positive aspects of her temperament.

So far on my possibilities list:
Tranquility Oil (calming)
Healing Oil (for good health, and to help her with any past traumas she's experienced)
Peony Root Oil (health)
Chaney Root (health)
Golden Seal Root (health, wisdom, strength, beauty)
Sage (wisdom, wards off the evil eye)
Cloves (for friendship)
Mercury Oil (for open communication)
Comfrey root (for safe traveling)
Deer's Tongue (open communication)

I'm also considering Van Van Oil. What about Master of the Woods, and Master Root? Do you think either would have a place in this job?

I would put the ingredients in with a hair strand from both of us.

Suggestions welcome! Also, does LM ever sell their honey separately? If not, what kind of honey does the shop favor? I had trouble finding herbs and oils geared specifically towards trust, but I think I found many in that list that work trust into their purpose.
Wild at Heart

Re: Honey Jar for My Horse

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Any suggestions, or opinions? Do all of these seem in alignment with my goal?
Wild at Heart

Unread postby Brooke » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:01 am

Hi Wild At Heart I have often wondered about making a honey jar for my horses as well.
Brooke

Unread postby aura » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:28 am

Hi Wild at Heart,

although nothing prevents you from adding oils to a honey jar, personally I prefer sticking to herbs only in the jar and then using the oil to anoint the candles I burn on top. You could use a white candle on Monday with Tranquility oil, a yellow or orange candle on Wednesday with Mercury oil, a red candle on Tuesday with healing oil (I think you get the picture by now :) ).

On the health angle, you've got the roots covered, but on the friendship angle - I'd add:

2 balm of gilead buds (to make sure any fights you have are gotten over quickly)
althea (its a great soother of spirits)
solomon seal root (helps with wisdom in dealings and it adds yet more health to the mix)

I'd also think twice about putting chaney root or master root in there - personally I've found it them very ''head-strong'' and ''aggressive'' in feel - sarsparilla is a little softer and does much the same thing for physical vigour as the chaney root and like I mentioned above, solomon seal root might be more suited to your goals than master root.

And do make sure you have personal concerns from both you and your equine friend!

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey, Brooke! Now we get to find out. :)

Aura: Oh, those are great suggestions! Exactly what I was hoping for when I made this thread. I will make note of those additional herbs, and reconsider the latter mentioned two. I may still get Master of the Wild root, but to test on its own, not for use in this HJ. Thanks also for the suggestions of colors and days, that's much appreciated- it's pretty much the spiritual equivalent of a work out, haha. :D

Thank you.

I think I'll also add borage flowers (calming, tranquility), since I may not be adding the oils to the jar.
Wild at Heart

Unread postby aura » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Borage is a great idea!
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Since your beloved horse can't talk, add some jasmine flowers or anise seed so you can understand each other on the psychic level.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Lovely. We actually already do that naturally (I think it's part of why she responds so well to me), however there's no harm in accentuating that. :) Plus I have been wanting to get jasmine flowers. Thanks!
Wild at Heart

Unread postby Miss Bri » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:49 am

I like the idea of your honey jar but I would also make a two mojo hands to connect myself and my horse-I would place one around her saddle and I would wear the other-especially when working with her.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 am

Hmm, that sounds good, too. I don't use a saddle, but maybe I instead make a charm to link to the mojo, which can then go on her bridle. That way I also wouldn't have to worry about anyone touching or seeing her mojo.
Wild at Heart

Help improving the relationship with my horse

Unread postby MelissaA » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:22 am

Hi, I'm new. :)

I want to improve the relationship, particularly under saddle, between me and my horse.

Background:
I am a "returning rider" -- meaning I've recently returned to riding after many years (nearly all of my adulthood) away. I've owned this horse since 2004, when he was 3. I rode him only a few times, because early on I came off, broke a finger, got very scared, and gave up riding. I eventually rehomed him. Now many years later, he has been returned to me, more mature and much better trained, "coincidentally" right after I began taking lessons again and was planning to buy a horse of my own.

But we have challenges. He is mature and better trained, but he is still a sensitve horse. And I -- the problem in the equation -- am *extremely* reactive and lack confidence. Both of my trainers believe that he and I *will* be a good team; this isn't a poor match. I just have some work to do to fix my issues and be worthy of him.

What I'd like to accomplish:
* I want us to become close partners, mentally and emotionally inseparable
* I want to improve our communication -- I need to really be able to feel what he's doing and about to do
* I want to increase my confidence / decrease my fear
* We need to trust each other implicitly

Methods and ingredients:
My mind jumps automatically to mojo bags and candle work. I'm flexible, though. It doesn't need to be unnecessarily complex. Just effective.

I have two identical centaur pendants that could be turned into talismans. If I put together a mojo bag, I would have hair from both of us -- unfortunately, my hair is only a couple inches long so I can't braid the two together -- and a photo of us together that could be used as personal objects.

Other ingredients (herbs, candles, stones) I could get as needed.

I would really love to hear all of your ideas!
MelissaA

Re: Help improving the relationship with my horse

Unread postby Brooke » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 am

Hi MelissaA
As a returning rider myself that does not have the confidence I used to I have thought about using crucible of courage on myself but as the only horse I have now is not sound for riding I havent needed to. Horses sense fear very easily and will often try to get the upper hand if they can once they know the rider is nervous. Other products that might be good for your situation could be tranquility this could be used on you and your horse to promote calmeness between the two of you, .
Brooke

Unread postby aura » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi MelissaA & Brooke,

you may want to check out the following thread: honey-jar-for-my-horse-t17993.html
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MelissaA » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Wow! I love the idea of a honey jar for a horse -- I hadn't even thought of that. At the end of the thread, a mojo was mentioned. I was thinking of doing that too. Has anyone tried it?
MelissaA

Unread postby Morrigan 27 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:05 am

Hi MelissA,
I was just looking back at your old post. How is your relationship going with your horse?
I am new here also but a old hat with horses. I showed for years and have 5 horses. I went thought the fear deal but we are 1....I got Cipriana when she was 3 and now
she is 22.

Blessed Be,
Morrigan
Morrigan 27

• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals