Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
humblekisses
Newly Registered

Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by humblekisses » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Greetings all
I'm working a honey jar spell for me and my guy friend we're not yet committed just yet still in the in between stages. i was burning my red candle today its Monday and near the end of the candle I decided to say one last prayer and focus on my desires while the candle burned. While doing this i noticed the candle started to grow smaller and smaller. I also kind of felt my self starting to float a bit while sitting in front of the flame. :? I'm confused I thought by doing this you are feeding energy to the candle not taking it away. anyone have any answers on this? and can you reopen jar spells im pretty content with mines but i got a pair of his boxers and i wanted to add that to the jar as well

merlin651

Unread post by merlin651 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:25 pm

The candle burned out in 5 days, no strange activity, the ridges all melted away. The candle isn't as clear as I would like, it still looks a little foggy in places but no black smoke. SHould I burn another one?

CrystalClear

Unread post by CrystalClear » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi,

I noticed that in my break-up candles (placed on top of the vinegar bottle) forms like a cone in the middle until the candle is cut in half, the end result is one side of the candle is all gone and the other curls outward. It varies to that and sometimes it has remains of the candle and sometimes it burns the old remains of the candle.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Merlin,

I call that a "meh" burn -- not much joy, but no drama. The white haze, if there are no suggestive shapes displayed on it, I usually interpret as a veil -- as if to say even the spirit doesn't know right now.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Votive candles rarely leave soot or smoke signs. They are too small.

All of these issues are addressed in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."

Any time a candle will not burn through to the end -- it won't stay lit, goes out prematurely, or leaves unburned wax (any kind of candle, any time, any size, any colour) it means unfinished business -- something has yet to be resolved.

Any time you have smoke or wax signs on the back of a glass (either a votive glass or a vigil glass) it means that dark deeds are going on behind your back. (Marks in front mean open opposition, those in back are hidden opposition).

Flaring or dancing light can only be divined if you know which person that candle represents Many choices here, explained at length.

Sine i have no idea how you are dressing your candles, i don't know if you are dressing them "wrong" -- if by that you mean putting on too much oil or too many herbs and causing them to burn in unwanted ways.

Burning candles and reading candles are arts, like sewing or cooking. To learn them well, you may need to stop scanning the internet, and instead settle down with a book or a teacher, or both.

Good luck.
Hi Miss Cat, where is the link to purchase your book? I tried looking for the book and could not find it on the LMJ website.

Thank you,

Starcaster

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:42 pm

You can pre-order it, here. It goes on sale, 6 May 2013.

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

Two-Headed Doctor

Isolte
HRCC Student

Unread post by Isolte » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 pm

I have been burning an influence honey jar for a couple of days and I noticed a distinct heart in the drippings. I am using it to help with my divorce settlement so my husband is more amicable and generous with his money. I have no idea how I should interpret this, any suggestions?

Here is a little background info: I am still in love with him but he filed for divorce. Several readings have proved he is no good for me so I am trying to move on.

I am not burning a love honey jar so I am a bit confused with this heart showing up :?:

Isolte
HRCC Student

Unread post by Isolte » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 am

Update: my heart looks more like a butterfly now!

stelz

Unread post by stelz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:12 am

Just my two cents, signs are personal to the person doing the work. Hearts pretty universally understood as love, pleasure, and trustworthiness. A butterfly could be transformation/change, which seems positive, but it also carries a fickle, flighty meaning. All in all, it sounds like things are still in flux, personally I'd keep working the jar.

Tea leaf meanings are handy for interpreting signs in candle wax, so this would be helpful:
the-black-folder-book-questions-and-ans ... 98#p125339

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm

I agree with stelz in regards to the tea leaf meanings being a great jumping off (or in) point for divination of symbols and signs. Best of luck, Isolte.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

mommabear

Unread post by mommabear » Wed May 08, 2013 11:09 am

Last night I started a moving spell and vinegar Jar. Her's (his soon to be ex wife) candle burnt twice the rate of his and mine. Ours got to the neck, hers to the breast, with sorta of hollowed look inside, it teared down a big puddle of wax. Also I noticed today the wick broke off and for me to relight the candle I will need to dig out the wick. I bought a skull jar that Miss Michelle suggested for the vinegar jar. At one point I had to leave the room, when returning I found that the cork had came off and was laying right next to my candle. I jokingly looked at her candle and said, "you missed!" Not to mention a few other nasty stuff.

sun369

Unread post by sun369 » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

I have a question.

I am burning candles with love spells, but I drove by the house of the guy I love at night and threw the ash right in front of his house, but on the street because I am in the car and I dont want them to notice anything.

So, would this work even if he probably would never cross over it because it is on the street in front of this house. People normally walk on their drive way, not on their front yard.

SilverDaniels

Unread post by SilverDaniels » Tue May 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Ooh!! Good one!!

Although, it would much more effective that you lay the ash somewhere he's most definitely sure to step in. Leaving it on his property would do just fine. However, I would still try to get him in close contact with the magic. I don't think what you've done will be ineffective. But, try making sure you get him in that stuff somehow.

Good Luck & Happy Conjuring!! ^_^
Happy Conjuring ^_^

sun369

Unread post by sun369 » Tue May 14, 2013 2:33 pm

SilverDaniels wrote:Ooh!! Good one!!

Although, it would much more effective that you lay the ash somewhere he's most definitely sure to step in. Leaving it on his property would do just fine. However, I would still try to get him in close contact with the magic. I don't think what you've done will be ineffective. But, try making sure you get him in that stuff somehow.

Good Luck & Happy Conjuring!! ^_^
Nope, not on the property. I am not stupid enough to get out of the car for them to notice me. I just slowly drove past his house, rolled my window down and threw the ash out on the street right in front of his house.

Starcaster

Unread post by Starcaster » Thu May 16, 2013 8:22 am

I would highly recommend all of you order Ms. Cat's book since it answers mostly all of your questions. I received it last week and love it! The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

sun369

Unread post by sun369 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Starcaster wrote:I would highly recommend all of you order Ms. Cat's book since it answers mostly all of your questions. I received it last week and love it! The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
I had her book, but I moved and it is somewhere in the attic that I couldnt find it and hadn't taken time to search for it yet.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 16, 2013 6:41 pm

sun369 --

You may have had other books by me, but you have never had my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic." Your last order was placed with us in January 2012 (16 months ago as i write this), but "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" was released to the public on May 6th, 2013 (less than a month ago as i write this). Even Amazon does not have copies yet!

This is what it is, and what it looks like:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

* Choosing Your Lights: Lamps, Offertories, Jumbos, Figurals, Votives, Vigils
* Altar Layouts and Spell Timing for Lamp and Candle Spells
* How to Read Divination Signs from Candles
* Candle Spells to Draw Love, Sex, Money, and Success
* Candle Spells for Blessing and Protection
* Candle Spells for Reversing, Cursing, Break-Ups, and Hot-Footing
* Private Candle Service Manual for Use in Candle Ministries
* Public Candle Service Manual for Use in Spiritualist Churches

The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic
in Rootwork, Conjure, and Spiritual Church Services
by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
96 pages, $9.00
(Missionary Independent Spiritual Church)

Candle magic is one of the foundational practices within African American hoodoo folk-magic. Spell-casters of every level of experience within the community know the value and efficacy of setting lights, This book -- actually THREE BOOKS in ONE -- is a tremendous value for the money -- $9.00 for 96 tightly-packed pages, filled with history, teachings, traditions, and instructions on how to become a candle magic practitioner.

Here's what's inside:

CONTENTS

Dedication and Acknowledgements 3

SPIRITUAL CANDLE MAGIC FOR THE HOME PRACTITIONER: catherine yronwode

A Brief History of Candle Magic in America 5
Assembling Your Tools 9
Choosing Your Lights: Lamps, Offertories, Jumbos, Figurals, Votives, Vigils 10
Altar Layouts for Lamp and Candle Spells 22
Timing Your Work by the Moon and by the Days of the Week 27
Selecting Your Candles by Colour 28
Basic Ritual Procedures: Inscribing, Dressing, Prayers, Petitions, Disposal 28
Candle Spells for All Occasions 35
A White Candle Love Spell to Attract New Love 35
Lodestones and Red Candle to Attract New Love 36
Commanding Respect at a Meeting With Superiors 37
A Fixed Money Lamp to Bring in Wealth 37
Reconciliation Ritual for Estranged Friends 38
A Skull Candle to Influence Their Thoughts 38
3-Candle Spell for Love, Romance, and Passion 39
Green Candle Job-Getting or Wage Increase Spell 41
Crown of Success Candle Spell for a Performer 41
Blessing for a Family About to Have a New Baby 42
A Mother’s Guiding Light for Her Children 42
Tying a Man’s (or Woman’s) Nature 43
Hoodooing a Man’s (or Woman’s) Nature 44
Green Devil Money Back Spell 45
Keep Your Mate and Break Up an Outside Love Affair 47
Fiery Wall of Protection Spell 48
A Sugar or Honey Jar to Sweeten People to You 49
How to Read Divination Signs from Candle-Burning 50
Divination Techniques: Pyromancy, Ceromancy, Capnomancy, Cero-Capnomancy 50
Learning How to Read Candles 53
Signs Observed While the Candle is Burning 54
Signs Left in the Residue from a Burned-Out Candle 61
Signs Left In or On the Candle Holder 62

MISSIONARY INDEPENDENT SPIRITUAL CHURCH CANDLE SERVICE MANUAL

Altars and Altar-Work: Religious, Spiritual, Ancestral, and Working Altars 65
Prayers: Extemporaneous, Supplicatory, Intercessory, Imprecatory, Affirmative 67
Private Candle Services 71
How to Set Free Emergency Lights for Clients 71
How to Provide Private Vigil Light Services 72

HOW TO CONDUCT A CANDLE LIGHT SERVICE: Mikhail Strabo

Introduction by Rev. Adele Clemens 79
Important Notice and Prelude to the Current Edition 80
The Basic Candle Light Service 81
Message Bearing Candle Service for Spiritualist Churches 84
The Colour Candle Service in Spiritualist Churches 89
A Candle Light Service to Embrace Goodwill and Forgiveness 95
Postlude 96

It may well be of use to you, and i hope that you do order it!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

HappyxBlessed

Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by HappyxBlessed » Sat May 18, 2013 10:33 am

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a honey jar for love and I wanted to know is there a specific prayer that you should say. Or if anyone can give me one that they have used that would be appreciated. Also, is it best to hold the jar in your hand and say the prayers then light the candle ? This would be my first time self casting so I'm a little nervous that I'm going to mess it up. Any advice good or bad would really help me out.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat May 18, 2013 3:05 pm

HappyxBlessed,

Prayers said for love can be freely spoken or recited from scripture.

For much more information on prayers, please see this Forum thread:

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers
bible-verses-psalms-prayer-scripture-qu ... t4879.html

Some people pray when they dress the candle with the oil, or when they put it in the star candle holder -- and it is a common practice to finish the prayer by lighting the candle.

If you are new to sugar or honey spells, be sure you have a copy of this inespensive but essential book:

BOO-GRI-HHSS
Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells by Deacon Millett
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

adriana676

Unread post by adriana676 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I just started a domination candel and its burning strong and clear. I noticed that the glitter came floating at the top and first there was a star shape inside then there was a circle the shape of the star came back and it's still there it looks nice. What does all this mean.....

Leah Rivera
Site Admin

Unread post by Leah Rivera » Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 am

Dear Adriana

While there are a number of very general answers that can be given about how a candle burns and what that all means, specifics, such as the star shape and the circle is more difficult. So lets begin with some things:

One, make sure you've read thru this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Two, seriously consider buying a copy of Miss cat's new book ... see above post.

Three, if you want a divination report from an expert on your candle, next time ask Missionary Independant to set lights for you, as they will send you a report of how the candle burned and what the results might mean. http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... ation.html

Four, when reading your own candle work, experience is crucial, but before experience, your own instinct will guide you. If you feel it looks nice, that would mean something positive.

Five, consider contacting a professional reader from AIRR: http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... ation.htmlor =Hoodoo Psychics: http://www.missionary-independent.org/c ... ation.html and get a reading.
Leah Rivera - HRCC Graduate Apprentice #0896

affie

Unread post by affie » Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am

I have a question about a come to me candle I'm burning. I read in the candle divination section if you don't trim the wick it will get "bulbs" but in my candles case,(glass encased) It burned perfect without any bulbs on it until now, it's almost finished burning and now has a sort of flower on the wick and the flame isn't split into two but forms like a heart, I think it's a good thing. Any thoughts on what caused the flower to form on my wick or should I just take it as a good sign?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 am

affie,

I am sure that you misread that information. Knobs or bulbs CAN form in untrimmed wicks, but they do not always do so and no one has claimed that they always do so. The point that was made was that if knobs do form, you may trim them if you wish to -- or not, if you don't wish to.

Good luck.

P.S. This post, which you made in the Spirituality section, is being merged into the long thread on "Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains," as it relates to divination as a result of wick trimming.
catherine yronwode

purplehippie

Re: How does the honey jar love spell kit I purchased work?

Unread post by purplehippie » Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Kind of piggy-backing off of JustinSane23's question...I have been working a honey jar for an ex for just about a month now. I finally got my reading from ConjureMan Ali and he said while there is a chance, I will need to make him think of me in a different/positive manner if things are to work. I feel that this honey jar has been working thus far, but can I open it to add some more/different reconciliation herbs? There is a LOT of wax build up on it (I started using votives when I was in a pinch, hence all of the wax.)

So would it be OK for me to open it, add some violet, more rose, and balm of gilead to the jar? Also, if anyone has any other healing/positive herbs you can think I should add, it would be greatly appreciated!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator
Re: How does the honey jar love spell kit I purchased work?

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Thu May 30, 2013 6:12 pm

purplehippie

Yup; honey jars can be added to, or tweaked, after they are started. You don't need to clean off all the accumulated wax, just enough to get it open.
Two-Headed Doctor

PinkButterfly13

Unread post by PinkButterfly13 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:27 am

hello everyone :D

I just wanted to double check something, and I couldn't find on the site where it talks about candle divination

I have been burning pink candles on my honey jar for reconciliation for almost a month now, everyday, but today, since it was Sunday, i decided to burn a white candle for a change since white represents all and I read somewhere its good for communication. I have been burning the pink candles all this time and there have been wax left over and has piled up on top of my jar, I should mention that I put the reconciliation oils from LM on the pink ones and the Love Me oil the white one. The flames from the white candle has been very high and large since I lit this morning, and at the end, the flame stayed on, melting all the wax that has piled up from the pink candles, I myself, believe that this is a positive sign, since I can see the top of my jar again,and almost 95% of the wax that left over the pink ones has melted

what do you guys think???

any response would be great and thank you for your time :D
Thank you Saint Martha Lubana for all your blessings!
You are Amazing!

Cherrypie
Newly Registered

Unread post by Cherrypie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 am

It was a double action reversing candle
Green and black dressed with reversing oil
And crown of success on a mirror.
I know I'm going to need to more after reading
That. Looking for suggestions please.
Thanks in advance

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Check the amount of oil and powder you put on that candle. If it's a glass-encased candle smothered in powder and drowning in oil, you might need to scrape some of that off.

If you've been moderate with herbs and oil, the problem might not be you: the wick or candle might be badly made. Try splinting the wick, as explained here: green-eye-in-pyramid-candle-questions-a ... tml#p31425

If it's not the candle or the wick, your target could be fighting back.

You can add some Fiery Wall of Protection powder or oil to the mix -- or surround the candle with a ring of red pepper (whole dried ones or flakes), black pepper, black mustard seed, and salt. Lay some pins on that ring of herbs, too -- pointing outward in all directions.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator

Bubbles4

Unread post by Bubbles4 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:57 am

Hello to all!
I have burned a pink come to me candle. In the end the overlook was of a T Rex and a side view was an obese body with the head cocked to the right shoulder. The body is located in conjunction to T Rex under the T's foot. I've researched like crazy and don't know what I'm looking at. Please help. Thank u. :)

Pink kisses

Unread post by Pink kisses » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:22 pm

I dropped my vigil candle while trying to move it out of the way. It wasn't lit or anything. When I dropped it, it landed on the top, and broke into 2 big pieces, and a few of small pieces. It was for money drawing

1. can I still use this candle?

-The glass did break below where the wax is, so I assume IF I could still use it I'd have to have something under it to catch the wax.

-I still have the glass from an old road opening candle I lit, so can I re-use that (after cleansing it)?

2. is this a bad sign? As I said before the candle wasn't lit yet.

3. I was told I got a $2/hr raise at my job; do you think dropping the candle would have an effect on this?

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello everyone. I had finished burning a Reversal candle for an unknown enemy - good burn, no problems. Then I did a big home cleansing and lit a Saint Michael Vigil Candle for protection. It burned great ... no problems. Then we had to go out of town before it finished, so I put it in our tile shower to finish ( it only had a few hours left ). When we returned, the vigil candle was out, of course. Usually with vigil candles, everything is burned up, but this time there was about an inch of wax left in the bottom and here's a weird thing: the wick was pushed over to one side down in the wax ... like someone intentionally put the candle out. No one came in the house while we were gone, so a person could not have drowned that wick in the wax. Like I mentioned before, this candle had been burning with no problems for days before we left. There are no drafts in the shower stall either. I can't figure out HOW that wick got pushed to one side and drowned.

So ... should I try to heat up the wax a little and dig the wick out to finish the burn, or just start a new Saint Michael candle?

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Bubbles4 wrote:Hello to all!
I have burned a pink come to me candle. In the end the overlook was of a T Rex and a side view was an obese body with the head cocked to the right shoulder. The body is located in conjunction to T Rex under the T's foot. I've researched like crazy and don't know what I'm looking at. Please help. Thank u. :)
Wow! The T-Rex is a new one for me, how fascinating! Obviously the T-Rex wouldn't really have a connection to hoodoo, but I wonder what does this symbol mean for you on a personal level? Does this symbol hold any specific meanings or connections in your life? Since this is such a specific sign it might be something that only you can answer.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:02 am

Do you find that money has a way of "slipping right through your hands?" If so I would get a reading, or do a personal divination, and see if some bigger work should be done. While these things can just be "accidents" I like to read more into them than that.

If you like a Money Drawing candle, while it is missing the top glass the wax will spill out of the vigil container. This is not what I would want for a Money Draw candle.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:37 pm

... Anybody??? ... When nobody says anything, it makes me think ..."Oh dear, this must be REALLY bad" :?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Cat in her new book talks about using and working candles, she would definetly relight to see if it was a burn issue, like was it a LM candle, a cheap alternative? was it oiled and herbed..too much..too little? you said no draft but is it have no air venalation.. My point is you changed the candle burn location then had an abnormality so you have to light another and see if its the candle or the sign to the work. Now sign wise ya ur candle got pushed down and drowned out not a good sign, left wax means unfinished business maybe part will be fixed but part remains. so think about a force/ person/ etc that maybe this applies to and direct burning on them .
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you for the reply j82. :) I put the candle in the shower stall every night when we went to sleep ... it burned just fine the few days up until we went out of town. It burned great all the time we were there - something just went wrong when we went out of town. I was asking for St. Michael's protection for my family in burning the candle - and we were kept safe throughout our trip.

I thought it was a bad sign ... but was hoping for a "natural" reason for the drowned wick, instead of the "supernatural" one I suspect. Since no one wrote in and said "Oh that happens sometimes with vigil candles etc...", I have decided I will move forward. I was planning on burning my Cast Off Evil vigil candle next anyway.

I was just hoping somebody else had experienced this so it wouldn't be so creepy.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 am

Hi MoonBreath,

I have had this kind of burn before. Some of it can be attributed to bad candles, but wax residue - particularly that much - usually means a long-standing and serious obstacle in the way of your petition.

For example (and yes, these are from experience) so you can see the meaning in context:

1 - In a candle burned for someone to heal who had terminal cancel, the wax left a very thick, 1-1/2'' wax left on the bottom. Clear candle glass with no ghosting or spirit marks. The wick was splinted and the candle re-lit. It went out again with 1'' of wax left on the bottom. The wick was splinted again and re-lit once more. The candle went out with still the thick wax at the bottom. A second candle was lit. Same result. Third candle lit. Same result. So on a whole, there was nothing working against this person, there was also nothing to be done for healing the cancer. The person is still alive, very slow progression of the illness, but it will ultimately be their cause of death.

2 - In a candle burned for someone to make it through a recurrence of liver cancer. The candle burned completely clean except for a scorch mark in the bottom. I interpreted the result as being a positive outcome but that there would be a serious scarring as a result of the medical treatment. In real life this translated to surgery requiring the removal of 1/2 the liver and an aggressive course of chemo and radiation. The person has a scar from the operation but is alive and well.

So all this to say: look at what your petition was and what obstacle there is to that in your everyday life. Definitely splint the wick and try to get it to work through: even remove some extra wax around the wick area if necessary and once it's burning well feed it back in. If it really won't make it through the wax, then burn a second candle and see if you can get better results. This will also ensure that changing the location wasn't a contributing factor as suggested by j82.

Blessings and hoping this can help,
Aura
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

MoonBreath

Unread post by MoonBreath » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:27 am

Aura,

Thank you for writing me and thank you for those detailed examples! The case studies were very helpful in explaining how the candle burn relates to real life situations. As per your suggestion, I re-lit the candle ( I had to use a knife to reach down in there and dig the wick up from out of the wax). At first, the flame was tiny and so weak I thought for sure it would just go out, but after about 20 -30 minutes, the flame became stronger and burned for several more hours. In the end, the candle burned down to the glass. In the bottom of the candle, there was the burned out wick with a circle of clear glass all around it. There was left over wax in the bottom edges of the vigil candle encircling the area of clear glass. I'm thinking this might indicate my family is protected, but that we are still surrounded by those who wish bad on us - what do you think? I am doing another home cleanse and burning either my FWP vigil candle or my Cast Off Evil candle next. At any rate, with this and the bird omens from the owls and hawk the other day, I feel cleansing and protection are the way to go now. Thank you again for writing to me. :)

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am

When burning a vigil glass candle is it ok to blow it out if ur doing it for a period of 9 days? I know we should pinch out the candle to keep the spell going but its kind of difficult with the glass candle. Also what's the beat way to dispose the glass from a vigil candle once done? Thank u all for ur response

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am

Hi oneNonly,
Do NOT blow the candle out: this effectively ends the work. If you can't pinch it out, use a candle snuffer. It's a very small investment and a tool you'll use again and again when working with candles. To dispose of the glass, recycle it or use it it as the casing for the burning of another candle (a pull-out) if the burn was very successful.

Hi MoonBreath,
A ring of wax around the edge means obstacles and given the context you are currently in, your divination sounds possible. When someone wishes bad on you however, you'd expect some black streaking or soot marks. You could also have the candle glass read for you by one of the AIRR members who offers candle divination services. That said, as you already surmised, some more Cleansing and Protection can't be bad with the recent omens you've received and I wish you Peace and Blessings as you do the work.
Aura Laforest

Euoi

Unread post by Euoi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello all. I hope you can explain this strange event. I dressed a candle in Follow me boy oil (a loose red candle inscribed with my name and the man I love), and placed on a name paper. I burned catnip, mandrake root, and white copal on charcoal for incense. I recited the 23Rd psalm then lit the candle. I gazed into the blue of the flame and concentra on the man. I visualized us being with each other. The flame then began to turn violet. At first, I thought it was pink. But it became violet. It outlined the wick and soon replaced the blue entirely. I finished my visualizations and it shrunk back down and disappeared. I snuffed the candle out and cleaned up. Does this have any significance?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:16 am

Hi Euoi,

this kind of a sign definitely does have meaning. If you want to be 100% certain of that meaning you could book a reading with one of the AIRR members that specializes in candle readings. You can find those workers here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

As associations and symbols for you to consider, in candle magic using a purple (or violet) candle is done when doing work for power, dignity, control, ambition and mastery. In dreams it has an association with spirituality, intuitive understanding and intimacy.
Aura Laforest

kpo
Newly Registered

Unread post by kpo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 pm

hello,

i have read up on candle interpretations but i have been burning candles recently (not in glass) for my love. right now we had a spat and he is not speaking to me. i have been burning the candles to get us to talking and reconciling. i was using white candles because i ran out of red and i burned 3 white candles seperately (one right after the next). each one the wick went to the right forming an arch. the entire arch was not inside the flame but halfway out. the flame did not split. the part of the arch that was out sometime the flame would go right and burn the outside part of the arch amber and white. the arch pretty much stayed till about 3/4 of the way and then burned off to a regular wick. all 3 did this and im kind of confused. if i can have any insight would be most welcomed. thank you.

oneNonly

Unread post by oneNonly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out here... I burned 2 black skull candles and I got some strange results so was wondering if anyone on this forum can help me out please. SO I started to burn my skulls last Sunday. One for the man I love and the other for the other women (she did some work on him) I know shes been doing magic spells on him so I was already aware its going to be tough. So anyways on Sunday night I started and on Thursday HIs candle was burned out the wick was completely finished and the flame was high an it was Hollow like the skull was kinda half way finish an the inside of the whole head was hollow but like the eyes and mouth was still there,. SO that was Friday I decided not to touch it and continue to let hers finish burning on its own. Her candle was flickering and it was going until TODAY 2 pm! All the wax was going towards his skull I knew she was fighting it especially when my Saucer broke! I wasn't shocked since I knew its a complicated case. So I waited a little and gathered everything and took everything to the cemetery and buried it asked the spirits to help me kill there relationship. Now my question is What do you think that means on his end? I know she is fighting it but since his burned out on its own and faster then hers and the flame was high what should I interpret this as? PLease help me someone. PLease. Thank you.

MelodyMaker
Good signs?

Unread post by MelodyMaker » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:23 am

Started a honey jar on Friday. That first time I lit a pink candle on the top and the wax residue left a heart shape. The second time was today, on Monday and I lit a red candle on top, because I'm alternating between the two colours. This time was a bit different, as it was almost burnt to the bottom, the wick fell over to it's side and melting the remaining wax, including the pink heart from before, but as it was dying down, I got a message from the person I am working it on, and the flame started to get bigger and eventually went into two flames on the one wick, then slowly died down again.

Is this a good sign? I've heard that heart shaped residue and twin flames on one wick are good signs, but it's more towards the fact that it happened when he started talking to me. Does that mean it's working?

littlefudge

Unread post by littlefudge » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi everyone!

I just started my honey pot to turn my friend into my lover. I have read a lot on this board as to how to do it right, and the one message I got was not to worry about whether or not everything was done exactly right. So I'm not going to..for example, I didn't pray as I was folding the paper, but I was visualizing the outcome. But I do have one question...while the candle is lit, what do I do? Do I sit with it and meditate? Do I go about my business while its burning? Should I light it before bed and let it burn while I sleep? Right now my candle is burning and I'm sitting on the couch in another room, but I'm wondering if I should sit with it and watch it burn. I may also add his picture before lighting the candle on Wednesday....

Thanks for your input!

littlefudge

Unread post by littlefudge » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 am

Also...one other question. What do I do with the honey pot during the day when I'm not lighting it? I've read somewhere that you are supposed to keep it in the window so it heats up the contents. At the Koenig it's just sitting on my kitchen table...

Thanks!

Marie86
Newly Registered

Unread post by Marie86 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:05 pm

I am burning this candle to protect my relationship from any negativity. My boyfriend was told that someone did work on him not to be happy with anyone. The candle is more than halfway finished and the wick is curled at the top and there are four lumps under it making it look like an upside down flower.

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a52 ... 1b0390.jpg

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:51 pm

Please read the hundreds of messages in this thread, with many links to a web page filled with traditional candle reading tips. Some of the moderators here will do ten dollar : ten minute readings on candle results. Here is a link to some free reading tips.

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivonation.html

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

ArticWolf82

Unread post by ArticWolf82 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi everyone! I have a quick question I was hoping someone could help me with.

I've read through quite a bit in this thread, and the general consensus seems to be that a slow burn means the work will be slow(er). However, reading on the candle divination page (http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html) says that an *unusually* slow burn can be a bad sign and/or considered a negative reply from the spirit world. At what point is 'slow' considered *unusually* slow?

I'm in the middle of a Lucky Mojo spell kit I bought which uses 6" offertory candles, and from what I can find, the average burn time is around 4 hours. Mine are taking anywhere from 6-7 hours. While I know that is slow, would that be considered *unusually* slow to any of you? Or have the candles themselves changed so that the burn time is different now? For reference, this spell kit is around 2 years old I believe. When I originally bought it, I realized that I had a lot I needed to mundanely work through before using it, so I set it aside until I was in a better place mentally.

I'm hesitant to say it's a negative sign, as - aside from the first candle - the candles have been burning cleanly, with high, bright, still flames. The first candle dripped quite a bit for mundane reasons, but the signs in the wax were good as well. Right now, I'm assuming 'slow to work' barring anyone else telling me otherwise - and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'm not doubting myself, but it *is* an anomaly that I haven't seen before to this extent.

Stampede

Unread post by Stampede » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:38 pm

I've been running a honey jar spell for a couple weeks now, burning the candle on monday, wednesday, and friday. I've been collecting all the drippings into a dish and just letting the wax accumulate. Over time, a large head of wax grew up on the lid of the jar as well as a puddle of wax around it. Last time I burned a candle, however, something entirely different happened. The candle kept burning for much longer than usual, burning down through the layers of accumulated wax and right down to the metal lid! It left some residue from what I presume were unburned wick bits. The result is an odd sort of "wax crater" on the top of the "wax volcano."

I'm wondering, does this mean a sudden change in the condition I'm doing the honey jar for? If so, what kind?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 pm

In matters such as this a divination would need to be preformed to get clarity on what exactly is going on. You can perform a divination yourself if you are well-versed in a method or having a quick reading by an authentic reader such as a member of A..I.R.R.. Be sure to tell them which spell kit you are working. I have had candles burn exceptionally slow before. For example a 4" Altar Candle burn 4 hours while the approximate burn time is 2 to 2½ hours.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

ArticWolf82

Unread post by ArticWolf82 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:52 am

Thank you Papa Newt. I'll wait until the spell kit is over, then see what someone has to say. Have a fantastic day!

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi, Im hoping that someone can help me. I decided to burn two tea light candles for a job. I put a little steady work oil on the candles. A few minutes later both candles were on fire. I'm not sure if i put too kuch oil but I desperately need a job at this time. I've been feeling as if I will have a job soon so this is weird. I did turn on the ceiling fan because of the weather. If someone could please respond that would be helpful. Sorry for the long post. Thanks:)

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:33 am

Hi Luckystr25, it's really likely that there was too much oil on the candles. A tea light can't really take all that much oil. Rubbing the oil on the candle's surface is sufficient (some tea lights you can even pull out of their little container and rub oil on the sides and bottom). I would try again with less oil, or perhaps use different candles.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Luckystr25

Unread post by Luckystr25 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks Miss Phoenix, I will try again! I sure was beginning to wonder... I can stop worrying now:)

Nikki1004

Unread post by Nikki1004 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Hello,
I recently lit a Chuparrosa Hummingbird candle for me and my husband we have been having problems and are currently separated but are trying to work thing out the wick split into 3 I have never had this happen before what could this mean since it's a love candle. Thank you

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:31 am

Hi Nikki1004,

Hopefully you took some photos of what happened which you can use un conjunction with a candle reading from one of the AIRR members that offers the service: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading. That's the best way to get the in-depth kind of analysis you're looking for.

Off-hand however, there are two possibilities which come to mind (amongst a myriad and hence the wisdom of getting a full reading based on the pictures of this wick issue + photos of the glass following the candle burn):
1 - There's a third party causing trouble. Look in the glass to see if there's an initial (a letter) or another symbol indicating infidelity.
2 - There's some issue with children (either wanting one, or the difference between his and your want in this mattor, or problem that a child is causing in your couple).

Keep in mind that the splitting alone is out of context from the rest of the burn, and the overall burn is what will ultimately make the difference.
Aura Laforest

purplehippie

Unread post by purplehippie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 pm

I recently had a reading on the radio show (so awesome!) and my instructions were to "know that my work is working" and stop focusing on it...I am currently doing a honey jar on this situation (it involves an ex)...I have been working on it for almost two months every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Should I let this honey jar "sit" and let my trick lie (as to not always be focusing on my work and just let it, well, work) or should I continue working the honey jar?

QueenofWands
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by QueenofWands » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 pm

littlefudge,

I keep mine on my altar, along with my Saints and other positive spiritual workings...:)

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”