Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo's "Prayed Over" Items

Questions, answers, and discussions about the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.
Angelina2

Lucky Mojo's "Prayed Over" Items

Unread post by Angelina2 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering -- I know that Lucky Mojo items such as oils, incense and "fixed" candles are prayed over, but I wonder how is it actually done. Is there a certain prayer that is said for each situation?

Herbs already have a natural power to them, right? So by "praying over" them, does it empower them more?

Sorry if this is a weird question, but I'm curious.
Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Lucky Mojo's "Prayed Over" Items

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 pm

The prayers we say are appropriate to the item being prepared.

For instance, for Stop Gossip, i might say Psalms 37; for Protction items, Psalms 91; for Court Case items, Psalms 35.

I also pray from the heart, and not as a set recitation, for instance, something like this, "May this Rosemary Herb bring strength and wisdom to the woman of the house who purchases it, and may any and all who use it or come into contact with it find satisfaction in its use, and may it bring to pass thereby the results they desire and require to improve their lives. in Jesus' name, Amen."
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 am

Thank you Cat- I usually also pray from the heart, saying what I feel comes natural-Just wondering how you also pray over items- thanks for your reply!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:42 am

[/quote]
Angelina wrote:Thank you Cat- I usually also pray from the heart, saying what I feel comes natural-Just wondering how you also pray over items- thanks for your reply!
And Angelina you can pray over the items that you receive too! As in: "Crown of Success oil, I pray that you work well for me bringing great success to all of my endeavors, in Jesus' name, Amen."

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:27 am

Angelina wrote:Hi all,

Just wondering -- I know that Lucky Mojo items such as oils, incense and "fixed" candles are prayed over, but I wonder how is it actually done. Is there a certain prayer that is said for each situation?

Herbs already have a natural power to them, right? So by "praying over" them, does it empower them more?

Sorry if this is a weird question, but I'm curious.
Thanks.
I pray over everything and do so in accordance with what I am working with. If it is for cleaning someone up, I like Psalm 51. If it is for protection, I like the exorcism prayer for St. Michael. If it is for love, I like Psalm 45 and the Song of Solomon.

I always focus myself while I am praying to put my will into the work.

Mary

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:15 am

Thank you so much Bri and Mary!

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:31 am

What is the prayer that is usually said over John the conquer 7 day candle and john the conquer root,master of the woods root etc. I bought all these and some seals for help with my stamina I am inreal need of herlp with this.Thanks

TrynaKnowNGrow
Waters

Unread post by TrynaKnowNGrow » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I apologize in advance if this question has been addressed elsewhere, I can't seem to find anything related.
A statement in 'How to use Bath Crystals, Floor Washes and Spiritual Soaps', says " They are prayed over to consecrate them for magical use" I am wondering if this means that each batch made and sold is prayed over before it's shipped? Or...that the practitioner is to pray over it?
I am assuming that individual practitioners would and should pray over it for each intended purpose?
And, as far as that goes, what about all other Lucky Mojo Curios? Are they all prayed over, or is the sole job of each individual purchaser?
Thanks everyone!
~Jes

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Sharona22,

Any prayer of power, faith and belief will do. For much more on prayer in the hoodoo tradition, please see this long thred:

Bible Verses Psalms Prayer Scripture Questions and Answers
bible-verses-psalms-prayer-scripture-qu ... t4879.html

-------

Hi, MamaMojo --

We pray over our spiritual supplies as we make them (see above), but it is the general practice for you to pray as part of casting your spell, too.

We do not pray over the folkloric amulets or statuary, only over the items we make and pack. However, customers often do ask for a prayer to be said as we select an amuet from a bowl of them, or for a blessing to be recited over a curio, and we will do so if requested.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

TrynaKnowNGrow

Unread post by TrynaKnowNGrow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Hi, MamaMojo --

We pray over them as we make them (see above), but it is the general practice to pray as part of casting you spell, too.

We do not pray over the folkloric amulets or statuary, only over the items we make and pack. However, customers often do ask for a prayer to be said as we select an amuet from a bowl of them, or for a blessing to be recited over a curio, and we will do so if requested.
Yeah, I felt real intelligent (major sarcasm lol) because, not more than 30 seconds after posting my question, as I found exactly the answer I was looking for by clicking on "Complete Inventory"! Hey, I was tired and had been reading ENTIRELY too much! LOL
Thanks no less, for answering my newbie question!
My post had to be approved before being posted, so, I couldn't edit it to say that. I do really try finding my own answers, I swear lol

Again, Many thanks,
~Jes

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Lucky Mojo Curio Co. News and Announcements”