Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

FAQ for MISC Candle Ministry Altar Services-at-MISC

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator
FAQ for MISC Candle Ministry Altar Services-at-MISC

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Anything and everything you wanted to know about Missionary Independent Spiritual Chur's Candle Ministry Altar Services can be found right here on this FAQ page. Of course, if you have a question that isn't here, please check the MISC candle services web page:

Candle Ministry (dot) Com
http://candleministry.com

or give us a call and we will be happy to help!

707-887-7808, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Pacific Time.

Note that we do not take candle orders at this phone number. It is also the number used by our readers, so if we cannot come to the phone because we are giving readings or tending to candles, please be kind enough to call back later.

FAQ

Will you let me know when my candle is lit?
No, you will not get confirmation when your candle is lit. Your confirmation is your order confirmation. The candle will generally be dressed, fixed, and lit on the day after you order it, as the orders are processed from our online shopping cart in batches, and each batch goes to the lab or to the church at the end of the day, ready for work the next day. Over a holiday weekend it may take 2-3 days before your candle is lit. If you order a candle to be held back to be lit on a specific day (the change of the moon, a court date, an anniversary or birth date) we will prepare it and hold it until that date. Since the candle is not shipped, you will not receive a shipping / tracking / customs number by way of confirmation -- your payment is your confirmation. When the candle is finished, we will perform a divination on the results and this will be sent to you in email as a "candle report."

How long will it take to get my candle report?
This depends on several factors. Remember, we light your candles within 1 to 3 days of you placing your order. They are 5 - 7 day vigil candles, so they burn an average of 6 days. Sometimes they take longer, and if they need to be re-lit this will extend the burning time. Once they are finished burning it will be another 2 to 3 days before your candle is read. If you have been waiting longer than two weeks feel free to call the Candle Ministry and check in.

Can I choose my candle setter?
Yes, of course. There are several deacons who function as candle setters at the church, but we don't all work every day, so keep in mind that requesting a specific candle setter may delay your candles getting lit. However, if you like working with a specific candle setter, just ask; we are all available to set your candles if requested.

Can you tell me more about my candle report?
If you have questions about the specific meanings connected to your report we are happy to answer clarifying questions, but anything beyond the basic candle report would require a more in-depth reading. These private candle readings can be scheduled with Rev. Ernest for a small fee.

Can you read my candle for me over the phone?
Yes we can, although this is not a part of the regular candle service and it would require you to pay $15.00 for a ten minute candle reading by Rev. Ernest. Call the church to arrange this when you order, or make a note of it at the end of your petition (for example, "Hold for Rev. Ernest"). Keep in mind that a candle can only provide so much information; if you want or need more you can call the church for a longer reading with one of our readers.

Can I pick the day for my candle to be lit?
Yes, as long as it is more than one day after the day of your order. Many people wish lights to be set on special days such as holidays, court dates, or anniversaries, or on a regular basis, such as the first day of every month. If you need a candle to be set and burning at the moment that any important event begins, please take time zone differences into account. We are on the West Coast of the United States, so if you have a court date or job interview at 9:00 AM in New York's Eastern Time Zone, we will not be able to light your candle in time for you on the date you requested, as it will be 6:00 AM here in California. Therefore, please request that the candle be lit at least one day before your important event, so that it will be burning well at the time of the event.

Will you tell me how my candle is burning if I call and check in on it?
No, due to the number of candles that we burn here at MISC we are unable to give you updates on how your candle is burning. Plus, the glass will change as the candle burns.

Will you write my petition for me?
No, we will need you to write out your petition and include it with your order. We will attempt to contact you if your order is missing a petition, but orders that come through without a petition will be burned with a blessing for your desires to come to pass. On your petition we will need to know your name, the name of the person for whom the candle is being set, and your request for the candle. Birth dates and photos can help, but they are not necessary.

Can I send pictures with my order to be placed on the candle?
Yes, please send any photos that you would like used to photos@missionaryindependent.com -- and send them on the day that you order, not the next day, please.

Do I have to send pictures with my order?
No, you do not have to send pictures, but your petition should at least include names of people, and any other information you have, such as birth dates. Pictures do make the work more easy for your candle-setter to focus on. We creatively cut and craft the pictures, too, depending on the situation.

Will you tell me which candle to light?
We can offer you brief help with choosing the right candle here at the forum, but more in-depth or specific information would need a reading in order to determine your best course of action. This forum is a good place to ask for suggestions. Ultimately, you have to determine which candle you think it best.

Can I have more than one candle lit?
We will light as many candles as you request. We can also set your candles in "a run", which means that we will automatically start the second candle one week after the first candle. We offer runs of three, seven, and thirteen candles at a discount. A run of thirteen candles will burn for one-fourth of a year. If you want a run of candles set, please note this on your order.

Can I leave a tip for my candle setter?
Yes. Our candle servers are happy to accepts tips. You can add this to your order. Tips are split between all of the workers, including the invoice writer, the candle deacons who prepre and tend the candle during the time of its run, and the reader who interprets how it burned. There is a special tip button with a pull-down menu and you can select the amount you wish to tip.

Can I leave a donation for the church?
Yes. There is a donate button on the church website, if you would like to make a donation to our ongoing work of setting free lights for those in need.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: FAQ for MISC Candle Ministry Altar Services-at-MISC

Unread post by nagasiva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am

This FAQ is very helpful to those who come to the forum in search of contact with MISC. Thanks for posting it.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Communication With MISC

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Here is how to contact MISC:

Order candles here with Paypal and upload your petitions at the same time:

http://CandleMinistry.com

If you wish photos attached to your candles, email photos here:

photos@missionaryindependent.org

If you wish to communicate with a candle-server about your service, email the deacons here:

candles@missionaryindependent.org

For all other church communications, email pastors here:

church@missionaryindependent.org

Telephone for direct information:

707-887-7808

Click here for Candle Ministry Services at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church

World-Wide Prayer Network at The Crystal Silence League

HRCC Graduate #1631

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “FAQ for Candle Ministry Services at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church”