Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Working with St-James Questions and Answers

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
leyley1236
Forum Member
Working with St-James Questions and Answers

Unread post by leyley1236 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello i was wondering if u had any information on st james i did some research n he helps those who are struggling with arthirits . I wanna know if there any novenas or prayers to this saint because i would like to work with team but cant find any prayers or anything that has to do with working with him .

MaryBee
Forum Moderator
Re: Working with St-James Questions and Answers

Unread post by MaryBee » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:43 pm

This is a forum for the use and knowledge of Lucky Mojo products. Lucky Mojo does not make products relating to St. James. In your case, I would use some All Saints products (to petition all the saints including St. James) or I would petition Dr. Jose Gregario Hernandez, who is a folk saint and healer from Venezuela.

http://www.luckymojo.com/allsaints.html

http://www.luckymojo.com/drhernandez.html

You can also post a prayer for healing at the Crystal Silence League. Hundreds of people around the world will pray for you for free.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

MoonBreath
Forum Member

Unread post by MoonBreath » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:52 am

St. James the Greater ( the Apostle ) is the Patron saint of Arthritis. When he was led with a rope around his neck for execution, a man crippled with arthritis begged for the Apostle to heal him ... which he did. His relics are said to be in Spain where early Christians took them according to legend. His Feast Day is July 25. Shells seem to be one of his better known symbols.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:00 am

In addition to the All Saints oil suggested, 7-11 Holy Oil is another good choice for working with many Saints. With regards to arthritis and joint problems, another good saint to work with for arthritis is St-Alphonsus Liguori:

St Alphonsus Liguori was born in near Naples in the 18th century and was the founder of the Redemptorist order, he is known as ''The Arthritic Saint''. He was born to a wealthy family and was trained and worked as a lawyer. Following a bitter and humiliating defeat in court, he turned to the religious life and was trained as a priest. Down to earth and pragmatic in his preaching, he was a well-liked and accessible in his works. A particularly bad bout of rheumatic fever left him partially paralysed and he had to be fed through a tube for the last two decades of his life. He was a prolific writer although he only wrote later in life, and his intercession has been known to heal the sick and help one more productively bear chronic ills. His feast day is August 1st.

All Saints oil on brown candles and/or Vigil lights can be used to petition him. A standard way of working with any Saint is also to say a Novena in petition to them. St Alphonsus Liguori is even responsible for establishing the ''Rules for Proper Observance of Novenas'' and published a Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in 1758 that is still in use today. A particularly beautiful prayer, excerpted from the book: “Novena: the Power of Prayer” by Barbara Calamari and Sandra DiPasqua, that you can use for St Alphonsus Liguori is the following:

''Glorious Saint Alphonsus, loving father of the poor and sick, all your life you devoted yourself with a charity really heroic to lightening their spiritual and bodily miseries. Full of confidence in your tender pity for the sick, since you yourself have patiently borne the cross of illness, I come to you for help in my present need.

(Mention your request).

Loving father of the suffering, Saint Alphonsus, whom I invoke as the Arthritis Saint, since you suffered from this disease in your lifetime, look with compassion upon me in my suffering. Beg god to give me good health. If it is not God’s will to cure me, then give me strength to bear my cross patiently and to offer my sufferings in union with my crucified Savior and his Mother of Sorrows, for the glory of God and the salvation of souls, in reparation for my sins and those of others, for the needs of this troubled world, and for the souls in purgatory.

(Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Glory Be).

Saint Alphonsus, patron of the sick, pray for me. Amen.

Say this novena nine times in a row for nine days in a row.''

Blessings and best of luck to you.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”