• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 3:39 pm

St. Cosmos and St. Damian

Discussions about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.

St. Cosmos and St. Damian

Unread postby Janis » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Today we celebrate St. Cosmos & St. Damian's day in Rio de Janeiro, and they are related to children, health and prosperity here. In this day people who are thankful to them go to the streets and distribute candies to children in small bags with their figures, asking the Saints to bless and protect their kids, homes and jobs (usually shops). St. Cosmos & St. Damian are also syncretised to the Ibeji and even to Exu Mirim in Candomblé/Umbanda. So first I want to ask the Saints to bless us all and our homes, bringing prosperity and good health. Secondly, I have a small doubt: I didn't find any specific oil to anoint a novena candle for them (or a simple offertory pink or blue candle), so I wondered if it would be ok to use Angelica Root oil, or if there is a more indicated oil or herb. Also if it would be fine to anoint a holy card (with their figure and or prayer) with this oil (to keep in the child's room for protection).

Thank you,
J.
Janis

Re: St. Cosmos and St. Damian

Unread postby Papa Newt » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:02 pm

The best oil to use if you do not see a specific oil for a Saint would be All Saints Oil.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure