• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:22 am

Spells to Support LBGT Children Family Friends

Spells to Support LBGT Children Family Friends

Unread postby maduro01 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 am

I recently told a friend that I am bi-sexual. He looked at me with a feeling that made me feel so alienated. Then, he said, "NO THANKS!!!! I appreciate if you don't come near me ever again."

How do I get him to accept homosexuality while feeling secure with himself and who he is as a heterosexual?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Re: How Do I Soften His Stance On Homosexuality?

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:05 am

What an ass! Do you really WANT to be friends with someone who is so small-minded??
I've had situations where a friend suddenly makes an insanely homophobic or racist remark, and I've been shocked but extremely grateful as I had a window into their true character and could cut them out of my life immediately without wasting any more time or energy on such a person.
This remark may have been a gift in disguise, saving you any more emotional energy that you may have invested in this person.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Re: How Do I Soften His Stance On Homosexuality?

Unread postby maduro01 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:07 am

jujugiggles wrote:What an ass! Do you really WANT to be friends with someone who is so small-minded??

I definitely can't argue with that opinion.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!
maduro01

Spells to Support LBGT Children

Unread postby candiijojo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm

He has been dealing with a lot of self image issues, as well as a diagnosed mental illness. He has been assured by his father and I that he is loved and accepted regardless! And that God still loves him, too. I think that now that he's shared this with us and knows he's not alone he can start huge heal his self esteem. I am likely going to get a reading done concerning him and possibly something along the lines of a birth and/or natal chart, I'm not sure yet.... but for the moment I want to know what I can do for him to help him accept what an amazing young man he is. If you have been in his shoes or in mine, please share!
candiijojo

Re: My 14 Year Old Son Came Out Today...

Unread postby aura » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:35 am

Hi cadiijoj,

There are many LBGT's on the site and many of us have gone through the sometimes painful, sometimes wonderful experience of coming out to their parents and negotiating that reality in our everyday lives. It's wonderful that you're supportive and helpful through that soul-searching and forging of identity that's so hard for any teenager - gay or straight.

A birth chart is a great plan since it can give great long-term work ideas and help understand strengths, weaknesses, trends and determine careers and activities best suited to his temperament.

On the Conjure side, John The Conqueror, Nature, Crucible of Courage and King Solomon Wisdom are a good combination to help him re-build his self-esteem and move into his own personal place of power. Power products are another good choice. Bath crystals combined, the oils combined in Rootworker's special and worn as a personal scent are all good ways to use the products. Another great one would be to have a jack-ball made for him. Luck Mojo makes great ones: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html#jack

Blessings to you and your family.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby brthrchristopher » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello,
I just want to say Thank you for being supportive of your son, and helping cross over the first of many obstacles in being young and gay in this day and age. Good for you! and Good for him for coming out to you, as that also indicates he loves you and wants you, his parents to continue being a part of his life.

As a gay man, I totally agree with everything Aura has given above as a good way to support him. I particularly think that John the Conqueror and Nature will be of assistance in helping him to conquer obstacles he will face as a gay teen, and in coming to understand his own inborn orientation and it's natural expression without being all knotted up from challenging and confusing experiences that often happen as a teenager. Power with King Solomon's Wisdom will also be a great boon along side those first two. The Rootworker's special is a great way to get all of those combined together for him, to use on a regular basis, either for himself, or for you to work with candles and other means.

You might also look into public support organizations for LGBT people. If you live in an area that has a LGBT center (many large cities do) you can check that out. You might also look into his school for a LGBT student Alliance (sometimes also has other names like Queer Alliance or Rainbow Alliance) and perhaps PFLAG, a group that is also the help support Parents and Friends of LGBT people.
brthrchristopher

Unread postby candiijojo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Thank you, both, so much! I will follow that rootwork advice for sure! I am so proud of my child....I know that finally telling his family what he's been having to go through all alone took tremendous courage. I'm so thankful that now he's no longer carrying the burden of secrecy. That's too much for one person to shoulder alone. I am also thankful for the mundane world advice, which I will also follow.
candiijojo

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:39 pm

candiijojo: The world can only benefit from having more parents like you. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby candiijojo » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you, Joseph. I was fortunate enough to have been raised by a mother who didn't accept the bigotry and racism that is often seen where we're from (Oklahoma). It's true that peace begets peace. I am thankful to her that she taught me that people are people..... we're all deserving of love and personal freedom to live our own truths and that God's love is bigger than man's hate. I hope I pass the same lessons on to my children.
candiijojo

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:47 pm

candiijojo: You are doing a great job so far! Best wishes and best of luck to you and your family.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Naught1usMax1mus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:36 am

Speaking as an LGBT adult, may I congratulate your son on having the courage to identify and come out at his age. That took a lot of bravery, and he will need to be braver still. While thankfully students today are a lot more tolerant, there will of course still be problems that go hand-in-glove with being in high school, especially if you are weird or different -- even in this geek/nerd OK day and age. Keep a very close eye on his behavior, grades, etc. particularly if there are sudden or noticeable changes. It sounds like you have a good dialogue open, it is so important to keep it particularly as he goes through not only his evolving life but also his physical changes. Being gay can also be unfortunately molded by movies, TV, magazines and celebrities now, just the same as women (and men) obsessing over weight, looks, fitting in, etc. I'd say definitely work with PFLAG and find a group that you can all go to (not just him, you don't want to make him feel even more isolated). PFLAG often has events, etc. Another organization that is so important is the Trevor Project, which is dedicated to prevent LGBT suicide and depression. They also have events and chapters. This will be both a worrisome and exciting time for you.

I came out to my mom in an airport restaurant, on my way to Alaska for 8 months so in case there was nuclear war I could but distance between us. There wasn't. In fact, she wasn't surprised. I asked her why she'd been so negatory about it, she remembered my first experience (see below) and just wanted to make sure I was happy. She cares about one thing: That I am not alone in my later life. I'm not.

My dad, that was something else. Our family is in no way uptight, but I wondered about what he would say. We were taking a walk, and I just told him, and he mulled it over, and said, "Well, that's not the way we did things when I was a young man, but if you're happy, that's fine." He loved my partner very much, and in fact the last time I saw him, in our in-home hospice setup, he squeezed my hand and said her name three times, and I knew he was telling me to say goodbye from him, to her. So, I am happy and know I have support. That makes all the difference.

And don't forget, while it is not a 'choice,' many young people go through phases of gay, straight, asexual, etc. while they are trying to define who they are. That is part of growing up. Remember, the young brain doesn't stop forming and growing until age 25 so you have a while to get through. Always remind him, if he has problems, It Gets Better. It does.

I hope it's OK to make a small plug -- George Takei (Star Trek and many many other projects) has a hugely popular facebook page for both fans and friends. He and his husband Brad are very outspoken and champion everyone looking for equality.

If he has a relationship, be careful here. Be sure to have the young man over for dinner. Listen to your intuition and gut. There are unfortunately those, just like with straight students, who are older, more experienced and will take advantage. My first relationship (at aged 20-22 years) was a disaster. My second (and THE ONE), has been running strong for almost 18 years now, and we were both in our early 30s when we met. As with most young people, every heartbreak is a planet-killer, every tribulation is the worst thing in the world. Ride it out, it gets better.

As far as LM products, I would not only perform Crown of Success anointings on him, I would encourage him to take hyssop or Cast Off Evil ritual baths regularly as part of his routine. A daily hit of Fear Not to Walk Over Evil will help protect him as well. Fiery Wall of Protection for EVERYONE, him, you and your husband, your cars, house, property, etc. I would use Clarity and Road Opener combined to keep his mind clear and his opportunities always before him. The most important things are to talk to him, to support him, to love him, and not to let worry get in the way too much -- unless something seems off. Then worry like a mama grizzly!

Good luck to him and all your family.

Mary Thomson
HRCC #1398G
Naught1usMax1mus

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Parents, Children, Relatives, In-Laws, Friends