Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Greetings from Southern Cali!

californiaflame
Greetings from Southern Cali!

Unread post by californiaflame » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi folks!

I want to start by saying how thrilled I am to have found this site. The resources Miss Cat makes available are unbelievable and very generous.
I think it's a beautiful thing that she is shining a light on the wonderful tradition of African-American conjure and helping to dispel all the myths and misconceptions about it, and is so willing to freely share her knowledge and expertise. I have found myself chuckling a few times at her no-nonsense responses to people who don't bother to read FAQs before they post, and clearly have no clue what the site is about. She is fierce in her beliefs and desire to protect the online community and purpose of the website, and I like that in a person and a site owner. Also, she's a h*ll of a writer. Likewise, the moderators and members of the AIRR all seem incredibly knowledgeable and give very thoughtful responses to poster's questions - you can tell everyone is genuinely concerned about people and come here with no judgement. That is also a beautiful thing. We could less judgement in this world. Anyway, I look forward to booking a reading with someone soon, and I hope to get to know all of you at some level in the future.

I have been immersed in the site for the past couple of weeks reading Miss Cat's work and perusing the forum postings. (I'm an educator by profession so it is my nature to throw myself into something 110% and research it to death.) I'm looking forward to receiving my first shipment of supplies and Miss Cat's Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html (which might arrive tomorrow, yay) so I can begin some more in-depth study. The idea of the correspondence course is also very appealing.

A little about me: I'm a bisexual female of Scotch-Irish-Cherokee descent and have been working as a solitary earth-based magic practitioner for some years. I've been interested in magic since I was a little girl sneaking inappropriate comic books into my room and ordering things from the "back pages". Ah, those were the days! I miss Cry of Dawn and Tales from the Crypt. Sigh. *ANYWAY* Sorry, random segue there. :)

My mother's side of the family comes from Appalachia, my father's side from North Carolina and Florida. I was raised Christian and have explored Wicca but have had trouble reconciling the two. When I discovered hoodoo, it was like a light bulb went off in my head. I was like "OH. This is what I've been looking for!"

I live in Southern California with my familiar Sheba, who is a miniature American Eskimo and my closest confidante and road trip buddy. I am passionate about gardening, cooking, music, art, books and writing. I'm a fan of pinup art and classic airbrush art, and have been known to airbrush flames on toliet seats or surfboards. I make glass herb candles and other crafty bits. I also enjoy lighting things on fire and dancing with them, preferably on the beach with lots of drumming going on.

I look forward to getting to know all of you in the months ahead. Blessings!

~californiaflame~[/color]

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Greetings from Southern Cali!

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo forum californiaflame! One of the many services Lucky Mojo offers is this forum, where you can ask questions about how to use Lucky Mojo's spiritual supplies.

Here are a few others...

Lucky Mojo's online catalog includes various hoodoo oils, incense, powders, spell kits, and candles.
cat's online book of conjure craft: How to make mojo bags; lay tricks; burn candles and incense; use baths, washes, oils, powders, herbs, and roots; draw luck, love and money; and take off crossed conditions.
cat's book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic; you will review excerpts from the book.
Please schedule an hour to listen to the The Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:18 am

Welcome!

I know that I have said this before, but if wish I had found this site years ago!

Your post is very well spoken!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:07 am

Welcome to the forums, californiaflame.

Here are some links and bits of information to help you get started. There is a TON of information here.

These are links to general information on Hoodoo and to give you a jumping off point.

Hoodoo History:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Oils:
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Baths:
http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

Powders:
http://luckymojo.com/powders.html

Incense:
http://luckymojo.com/incense.html

Candles:
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Herbs:
http://herb-magic.com

Conditions and how we can address them:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Here is some info on how the forums are set up. It is divided into four parts:

1) News and Announcements about the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and this site.

2) Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies and how to use them, listed in threads by product type and product title.

3) Life Conditions and Situations, with recommended Lucky Mojo products, spells, and advice.

4) The Online Hoodoo Community, including sites, events, and outreach sponsored by Lucky Mojo.

When you post, it helps your moderators, who are recompensed volunteers, if you post in the area of the board that is best suited to the archival of your question or comment. That way moderators will not have to move your post or merge it into ongoing threads.

If you can't find a post you made, it may have been moved or merged. Go to your profile by clicking on your name and "search recent posts" -- you will find it.

Within each board section there are STICKY threads -- ones that always stay "stuck" to the top. These are popular discussion-threads that you can read and add to if your questions or comments fall into one of these oft-broached topics. If you don't see a "sticky" that relates to your question, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant section.

We do have a few "thou shalt not" rules here, and they can be found in the Forum Rules link at the top of each page. Most important for newbies are these four common errors to avoid:

1) Please do not come here asking for our formulas for conjure oils or for instructions on how to use spiritual supplies that you bought at a grocery store or at a competitor of ours; this is the Lucky Mojo Forum and is financially supported by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.

2) Please do not spam the moderators by sending multiple duplicated private messages asking for personal help outside the board; many of our moderators do perform readings and rootwork spell-casting for clients, but they are professionals and you should approach them as you would any other professional.

3) Please do not post illegal copies of material from other web sites or from books.

4) Please do not post put-downs of any group of people based on their religion, race, or national origin, including derogatory comments about religions to which you may have previously been an adherent or comments in which you seek to falsely conflate any religion with the practice of evil sorcery.

Again, welcome!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

californiaflame

Unread post by californiaflame » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 am

magicinthemoment wrote:Welcome!

I know that I have said this before, but if wish I had found this site years ago!

Your post is very well spoken!
Thank you magicinthemoment. :-) And I am not surprised you feel that way, so do I, after just finding it! Ah well,
sometimes we don't come to things until we're meant to. Glad I'm here now though, thanks for the welcome.

californiaflame

Unread post by californiaflame » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:20 am

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Welcome to the forums, californiaflame.

Here are some links and bits of information to help you get started. There is a TON of information here.
Again, welcome!
Thanks Joseph! Great reference email, and I'm sure I will be referring to in the future. There *is* a ton of information! Luckily I love to read. Thank you for the welcome!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:47 pm

californiaflame, have you scheduled an hour to listen to the The Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour? Welcome to the forum.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

californiaflame

Unread post by californiaflame » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:04 am

jwmcclin wrote:californiaflame, have you scheduled an hour to listen to the The Lucky Mojo Rootwork Hour? Welcome to the forum.
Thanks jwmcclin! I sure have, in fact have been listening the past few weekends and even going into the archives. It's my new favorite addiction. :)

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hello, I wanted drop off greetings and welcome. I as well love this site and Lady Cat's information. I'm planning on being a full-time member here. I've learned a lot already.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2013 Public Forum Introductions”