Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Good Evening, SPookyredhead,
I think you've done a marvelous job with your interpretations! COngrats!
Wishing your husband a speedy recovery. And also wishing you the very best (because people just don't realize the hell that the wife goes through....more emotional turmoil than the patient. So, my hat's off to you. You're a wonderful, thoughtful wife and he's lucky to have you).
Good luck to the both of you.
Did anybody recommend having the Crystal Silence league pray for him also? It's a free service and they do wonderful work www.crystalsilenceleague.org
Wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Spookyredhead
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Spookyredhead » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:28 am

Awww...thank you so much for the kind words. :) I actually did post to the CSL for prayers but that was over a month ago. I do think he's getting better bit by bit. According to some divination I've done, the "work" is working!
Thank you Blessed Mother for answering my prayers.

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 pm

I looked for an answer to this question on the candle divination page and throughout this thread, but have not seen this addressed (forgive me if I have overlooked it).

I am burning a black 4" candle on top of an LM breakup jar, for a friend of mine who is in an unhealthy relationship. I had carved the candle with both of their names and dressed it in LM breakup oil. I have had a couple of readings through AIRR which indicate that their split is inevitable but not imminent, and that I could speed it along with some breakup work to help my friend extricate himself from this situation. I was even told that the work I had done in the past is moving things in the right direction, so that encouraged me to continue for my friend's sake.

My question is this...about halfway through the burn, the flame developed a very obvious "halo" which was much stronger and more evident than the typical faint glow you tend to see around a flame. I have never seen a candle do that before. This was like a secondary, larger flame enveloping the first, and it lasted for several minutes before disappearing. The inner flame remained tall and constant throughout, and there were quite a few sparks within it.

I know what the sparks mean from the divination page but I have not seen any possible explanation for the strong halo. I read elsewhere that it may be a sign of an "impending storm", but I wanted to get a more trustworthy interpretation from my friends on this forum.

Any idea what this might mean, if anything?
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 am

Hi Damiana64,

given the complexity of the situation and the history you already have with AIRR readers on the case, I'd get a quick candle divination from one of them that has read for you and offers the service since they'll be able to interpret the results within the context of your work. The final outcome of the burn also may change the meaning of the halo, but it definitely sound like there is something stirring.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:13 am

Thank you, aura...I agree that it would benefit from divination within the context of the work and I will contact one of my readers for their interpretation. I should have mentioned that the candle burned cleanly to the end. I was just perplexed - and utterly mesmerized - by this intense halo, and wondered if anyone else had experienced such a thing as it was new to me. Thanks again for your response!
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:34 am

Hi Guys!

My St Catherine cande is acting crazy!!! All my altar candles came from the same maker and have a similar candle holder, Ive burnt t lights for her in this one before and she was always happy :) but today she is all over ... here is a video let me know ur thoughts! Ive also added shots of the other candles for comparison :)

here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrNoSHt_ ... e=youtu.be

Let me know your thougths please... as always im fairly confused :)
Bless it Be!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 am

Hi berlingreen,

If the specific candle you burnt didn't have a wick-issue (overly-thick/knotted wicks can burn like that), then that was a very strong burn - borderline fire-hazard.

On the divination page, the corresponding section to check out is the following:
''The candle flame flares, dips, bends, or gutters repeatedly '' - http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1, first bullet point
Aura Laforest

prayerandwill

Unread post by prayerandwill » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:44 pm

So I've always used the same size candles, always, and I load them and inscribe them and dress them the same every time. Usually I get a pretty reliable burn. But tonight, I tried a new spell and I got some very weird results.

I'm sitting here right now and watching them burn. It's two candles-- one red, for my lover (inscribed with his name, DOB, and some commands) and one pink, for me (similarly inscribed, but with very different commands). His dressed with love-drawing, dominating, and love uncrossing oils and mine dressed just with love uncrossing oils. I bound them together with some white cotton, prayed, and set them on top of the honey jar I've been working for a while. I've never done two candles at once like this, but I asked that we be romantically bound-- that we be equal in love and faithfulness, ad that both increase beyond what we've ever been. Then I lit the candles.

They immediately flared up higher than I've ever seen candles go. They're flickering rapidly, no sound, just a little stream of smoke-- but they're doing it in perfect tandem. Same exact height, they lean the same way when they lean, same smoke trails (though mine is smoking a little bit more) and the same burn rate. The very tops have melted together and there's a little pink in his and a little red in mine. What does this mean?

Side note, as long as I'm asking, what would a puddle of wax shaped like a crab generally mean? Thank you for your help!
Thank you, St. Jude, for all that you have done on my behalf and all that you have inspired me to do

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:31 am

Hi greenregret,

Candle divination is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading) please respect that we don't provide free candle readings here on the Forum.

That said, a lot of information is available. As Miss Aida has mentionned previously, looking up tea-leaf (tasseomancy) ''dictionaries'' on-line can give you some insight into the significance of the crab. Look also into astrological associations/qualitites of the Cancer sign.

For the flames dancing and flaring, the meaning is covered in the informational page on candle divination, in this subsection here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1, first bullet point.

For the two candles melting together, you asked for a binding, the image is pretty eloquently self-explanatory ;)

Blessings and Success in your work.
Aura Laforest

prayerandwill

Unread post by prayerandwill » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Thank you very much ^^ I
Thank you, St. Jude, for all that you have done on my behalf and all that you have inspired me to do

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 pm

I have recently burned a St. Michael Archangel candle for revocation to keep away all unknown enemies. There was black soot at the top of the candle. Should I keep burning the candle for St. Michael until it's a clear burn?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Hello, Maduro01,
Yes, keep burning it. Can't tell the whole story until the candle has burned down.
Have you read this page? www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
This page will give you more insight.
Hope this helps.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

sun369

Love Honey Jar For An Existing Love

Unread post by sun369 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 pm

I want to do something different. I want to make a love honey jar for an existing love. Can someone tell me the recipe of this ? Thanks

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Re: Love Honey Jar For An Existing Love

Unread post by Mary Bee » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Read up on honey jars here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html

Lucky Mojo sells a great honey jar for love, with a special herb mixture included, along with a candle, a candle holder, and an oil to dress the candle.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:48 pm

And here it is --

SPL-HON-LOVE
Love, Romance, Friendship, Sexuality, Fertility Honey Spell
$18.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Love07
Newly Registered

Unread post by Love07 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:53 am

I had lit a return to me candle this Sunday night the flame was low and dancing and has black mark on top but clear in the rest same goes for the rest of the days but now Wednesday morning when I woke up the wicked curled and the top is unburned but the bottom is burned. I am scared what is this means?? I took a picture but I'm not sure how to post it in here. Please help

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm on my second St. Michael the Archangel candle. I thought I only needed one, because the black soot was done after 3/4 of the candle was finished burning. The rest of the candle was a clear burn. However, when I got home, the bottom of the candle was busted after the candle completed it's burn. I take it, St. Michael isn't done with my unknown enemies.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:11 am

Hi maduro1,
Please cleanse the space the busted candle was in with some Chinese Wash before beginning more work. You could also consider setting a trio of candles this time: St-Micael the Archangel, Reversing and Fiery Wall of Protection. The combination may well help clear away the last of this stubborn mess.

Hi Love07,
Candle divination is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading) please respect that we don't provide free candle readings here on the Forum. Should you want your pictures interpreted, please contact one of them.

For the flames dancing and flaring, the meaning is covered in the informational page on candle divination, in this subsection here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1, first bullet point.

For the wick, you may want to consider the advice in the following subsection of the candle divination page: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... l#signsA10
Aura Laforest

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:58 am

Aura,

Thanks so much. I failed to say that I had St. Clara's vigil candle burning right beside St. Michael the Archangel. She's still burning, leaving nothing but a beautifully clear glass. St. Michael took four days to burn.

I will definitely clean that spot. :)

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:15 pm

I just finished burning a love candle. The powder from the candle was left on the glass, spelling out my last name three times on the glass. I am going to do my research on what this could mean.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:54 am

Good Afternoon, Maduro01,
We don't give interpretations (as you know) on the forums. BUT...
I just wanted to say that something similar happened to me with an oil lamp.
The chimney of the lamp had areas of haze. It spelled out my first name!
After that, I had really good luck in the area of the intention of my lamp.
So, that's pretty awesome that your name was spelled out!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am

Thank you Aida!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:58 am

maduro01 wrote:I just finished burning a love candle. The powder from the candle was left on the glass, spelling out my last name three times on the glass. I am going to do my research on what this could mean.
WOW! I've never seen anything like that!
Miss Aida wrote:I just wanted to say that something similar happened to me with an oil lamp. The chimney of the lamp had areas of haze. It spelled out my first name!
After that, I had really good luck in the area of the intention of my lamp.
So, that's pretty awesome that your name was spelled out!
It occurs to me, maduro01, that since your last name was spelled out, the blessings you're praying for might extend to your whole family. Or your ancestors might be interested and involved in your work.

If you can boil it down to one question, a ten-minute reading might help :)

Good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

felifel
Newly Registered

Unread post by felifel » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello,

I have a white candle currently burning and noticed a burning wax smell and some crackling (the smell keeps reappearing). When I looked in the candle I noticed two dead winged bugs floating at the top of the wax :shock: and some burned black parts of the wick inside the white candle wax. I have never experienced the dead bugs or wick in the wax. What does this mean. Please help, I am kind of concerned. Thank you!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Good Morning, Felifel,
May I ask from where these candles were purchased?
The reason that I ask is because this happened to me once, YEARS AGO, before Lucky Mojo existed.
Let us know!
HRCC Graduate #1631

felifel
Newly Registered

Unread post by felifel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:50 am

Thank you for your response! I just purchased them from the grocery store while randomly doing some grocery shopping.

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:59 pm

fellifel, sounds like what you are dealing with is inferior products. However, dead bugs can be a sign that there is outside interference with your working. To be on the safe side you should probably start over using products that are higher quality. Here are a few links for candles and how to read their signs.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Euoi

Unread post by Euoi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi all!

I am praying a novena to Santisima Muerte for the return of a lover on the behalf of a client. This is the second day and I come in to check if the candle has burnt through the day's section. The flame is 4 inches high with black smoke coming out. Might this have any divinatory meanings?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Good Evening Euoi,
Have you looked at this page at all? www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
These things are explained here.
You might want to "Doctor" that (just check out the page for instructions and signs)
Take care!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

AascS
Newly Registered

Unread post by AascS » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 am

Burning a seven knob wishing candle and the wick sank below the fifth knob on the fourth day forming a deep hole in the candle. will my spell be effective or is it a faulty candle. using a white wishing candle for the return of my missing boyfriend
AascS

elNinolobo
Newly Registered

Unread post by elNinolobo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:44 pm

I have a 7 day candle burning and everything was going fine, burning perfectly. When out of nowhere a fly appears floating inside my candle. It really cold here now, so there are no flies out and about and also there have been no flies in my house for a long time. Im trying to seek some answers on what this could mean? anyone help will be greatly appreciated. I can also give further information on the candlework if needed. Thanks Much! :geek:

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:07 am

Hi elNinolobo,

Candle divination and the interpretation of signs and omens (like flies) is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... _and_Omens) please respect that we don't provide free candle or omen readings here on the Forum. Should you want the meaning of the fly interpreted, please contact one of them.

On your own end, you can research what the meanings and associations of the fly are and then evaluate how those pertain to the situation you are working on.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

simply_sweet

Unread post by simply_sweet » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:38 am

I would like thoughts on this photo

-This is the lid for my vinegar jar. This is what happened after the candle burned down. The image that was made appears to be a heart. The heart melted on top of the sad face that I drew.

I took this as a good sign but when I thought about it... hearts represent love. Could this mean my efforts to sour this relationship won't work? ... or is this a good sign

Please, any feedback I would appreciate.

http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=10901210504

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:23 am

Hi simply_sweet,

Candle divination is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading) please respect that we don't provide free candle readings here on the Forum. Should you want your pictures interpreted, please contact one of them.

You may also find some insight by reading through this long thread on candle divination that I've merged your post into as well as by reading through the informational page on candle divination here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

simply_sweet

Unread post by simply_sweet » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks Aura but with all due respect, I was not asking for a reading. I was simply asking if anyone else has experienced having a heart manifest from a vinegar jar spell and any thoughts on the matter. In my defense, I have seen others post pictures of pecuilar things to occurr who sought the knowledge of other members. I did not realize I was doing any harm or breaking any rules.... I'm very new to vinegar jars and would really appreciate a little help.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Please don't take it as an afront simply_sweet. You didn't do anything wrong nor did you break any forum rules. Some may offer you their experience but my post simply serves to remind that you may not get any such help either, for the reasons stated.

I also suggest you look at the link to the divination page as it offers ''leads'' on how to go about researching your signs, as does this thread.

You might also want to consider signing up for the Radio Show where you can get a free reading on the subject as well as targeted advice on working your jar, interpreting the signs from it and how to best proceed for your specific set of circumstances.

Blessings and Success in your work.
Aura Laforest

branden

Unread post by branden » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 pm

I did a road opener. Well a series the first one burned cleaned. However I carved and dress the candle from wick to base like it was mention in a thread. (Waning moon)This candle burned cleaned. In reading the information on using road opener products it was stated that it should be done during a waxing moon. Therefore improving your conditions etc. The carving and dressing from base to wick. Phew make a long story short the candle didn't burn clean. Should I follow this up with another candle or should I do an uncrossing candle first?

Treegnome

Unread post by Treegnome » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been doing come to me spells as intuition has prompted me to do so to bring this guy closer that I am beginning to have a small budding start towards a relationship with. My last one burned quite well giving me signs to what needs to occur before things can continue on. As that has passed I lit another asking for much the same to get an idea what needs work, it's a small jar candle. The glass has burned clean and is on its last bit of wax to burn through at the bottom. I dressed it with roses, lavender, cinnamon and my own personal concerns.
Several intriguing things happened, the wick has leaned towards the right curving over just about the whole burn and there was a tiny 'clump' of amber in the middle of the wick for a tiny portion of time, the wick has actually formed a small arch and the flame itself has split off into two flames, one on each side of the arch. I am curious to know if anyone else has ever experienced this and if they may know what it means?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:13 am

Hi branden,
If you don't have any mess to uncross, just follow it up with another road opener candle.
And don't get too caught up in the directionality of candle dressing as there are many ''right'' ways to do it including the one you have described, the opposite of what you have described, and even dressing the candle half-and-half in both directions: it depends on who you've read and what you've been taught - but adepts of all methods have had success in their works.
Also keep in mind, road opener is a formula that can be used in either moon phase depending on wether you are opening opportunity (waxing) or removing obstacles (waning).

Hi Treegnome117,
Candle divination is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading) please respect that we don't provide free candle readings here on the Forum.
Some of the signs you have described are pretty typical and you can find their meaning on the informational page on candle divination here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html; specifically:
flame splits in two + the amber ''knot'': http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... l#signsA10
Aura Laforest

luckykat

Unread post by luckykat » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:14 pm

catherineyronwode wrote: You can FEED him food cooked with the honey. Or put it in tea or coffee. (Honey is better in tea, sugar in coffee, in my opinion.
If I use some honey from the honey jar to make him something (thinking of adding it into gingerbread cookies for Christmas ;) ) should I reseal the jar and keep working it, or consider it "done" and lay it/deploy it? I've seen advice both ways whether or not to open jars. When I've done honey jars to sweeten people (with great success!) I've always kept them sealed up and then when I felt like things were "done" I buried or put the contents in a potted plant.

Should I consider this one done when I use it this way, or close it back up and keep working it as well? Or perhaps do a reading over it to ask?

Thanks much!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello, Luckycat,
I personally would consider it done. BUT others will still work it.
My advice to you is to keep working it and see if it's lost its effectiveness. If it has, then you know what to do
Wishing you the best
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

smrnad
Newly Registered

Unread post by smrnad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey guys,

So i'm completely new to spell work. I've read a fair deal about honey jar spells and I've started my first love honey jar spell about a month ago. The strangest thing happened. I had the usual candle wax mount on top of my honey jar and the other day the top of that completely burned right through to the lid and left behind a bare circle and the candle thread remainings... does anyone know what this means? Have I done something wrong?

http://tinypic.com/r/4qixhu/5

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:18 am

Hi smrnad,

Some of the signs in your photo however are pretty typical and you can find their meaning on the informational page on candle divination here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html; specifically:
lots of running and tearing of the wax during the burn: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA3
the tearing on the side of the jar: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsB2

You might even want to book some magical coaching to give you a better handle on what to expect in honey jar work and how to interpret your candles with regards to your specific work. Two other great resources for both the jar and the candle are the following books:
http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohoneyandsugarspells.html
Aura Laforest

Desiree2014

Unread post by Desiree2014 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi

Quick question, couldn't find it on here but, I realized that with most container/glass encased candles, at some point, when the candle is melted mid way, the flame tends to jump around alot. I read somewhere that it's due to the lack of oxygen or something....I don't know really.

Here's where my candle question comes in, I am burning a skull candle and it melted everything in the middle part and now the skull is creating an outer "shell" and now the flame is "in" the skull but the flame will not stay still at all (keeps jumping, guttering, flickering).

I have 2 other free standing candles and they are strong, and high (the flame is longer then the candle actually) bu there is no jumping/guttering like the skull candle.

I guess what I am asking is- would you view it as "effective work" or scientific?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:03 am

Hi Desiree2014,

the interpretation of the jumping and/or guttering flame is provided in the page on candle divination here:http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1
Aura Laforest

Desiree2014

Unread post by Desiree2014 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 pm

aura wrote:Hi Desiree2014,

the interpretation of the jumping and/or guttering flame is provided in the page on candle divination here:http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA1
Hey Aura!

I think you might've misread my question. I am not asking for candle flame divination but instead if I should take my flame jumping and guttering as the work being effective or if I should also think about the chance that it may be the flame acting crazy because it is "inside" the candle? Like I said, I read that flames tend to jump and gutter in containers (like glass encased candles) due to the lack of oxygen that isnt getting in and there's no circulation so it's like the flame is "gasping" for oxygen.

I am not doubting my work but rather it's something i have experienced with regular scented container candles

Does that make any sense? lol

(I guess in the long wrong, the movements will speak for itself)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Hello, Desiree2014,
If you look at the page that Aura sent you, it'll tell you that Spirit is trying to communicate with you. That's what the dancing flame means.
Concentrate on the candle flame and try to accept the message spirit is trying to give you.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

mommabear

Unread post by mommabear » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:58 am

Hoping to get a few options here. Last night beyond my normal Friday Honey Jar work I was motivated to do a little extra candle work. I had a cheap 12' taper candle (not a LM product) fixed with oils & herbs (all LM products) placed on a stoneware ashtray with the petition under the ashtray. I thought there would be a wax mess left over since it was a cheap candle and had herbs on it, but I was wrong. It burnt all the way done leaving no wax. The weird thing was the ashtray was broken in half, but there was nothing on the petition under it. It has a slight signs of heat, but no wax. I am pretty sure the ashtray broke from the heat. I would like to hear others option on this.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi mommabear,

The meaning of the break is quite dependent on what the burn was for to begin with. What was the petition you were burning the candle over?

Generally speaking, you'll find the different divinations for a break on the candle divination page here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsC3 and as you'll see, the meaning is quite related to the context of the work and can vary a great deal.
Aura Laforest

mommabear

Unread post by mommabear » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Aura, The petition was for a friendship to move onto a committed relationship.
Like I said I was not expecting the candle to burn so clean. In the past, if I used a cheap dollar store candle covered in oils and herbs it will tear up and burn really fast leaving a big mess. For that reason I try to only use LM candles, but last night I felt compelled to do the work and this was the only 12' I had in red. My Target had a ruff last few days and I knew he was exhausted and was asleep like rock so I took advantage of his heavy sleep. For the first 2hrs of the burn there was NO tears and a good flame, I went to sleep not long after that. I have had holders break before from heat, but they always leave a mess of wax behind all over the petitions, this one did not. That is what I thought was strange.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:28 am

As mentionned mommabear, a break can be a really good or a really bad sign. If the break was clean with no soot or charring on the glass and no wax mess - it can often (but not always) signify a breakthrough, in this case (based on your description) probably due in part to their defences being down in sleep and exhaustion and influence on them thus more easily accessible.

The best way to confirm what the sign meant in your situation is to continue your work on your friend and see if there are any signs and movement in the coming weeks. Use that and then write down the sign and the conclusion. This way you can build your own dictionary of candle interpretation.

To be certain on the meaning, you can also get a reading from one of the AIRR members that offers the service here (ideally in that case, you'll have pictures to provide, but it isn't always necessary): http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading
Aura Laforest

mommabear

Unread post by mommabear » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:55 am

Thank you Aura. Hope your have a wonderful weekend and Holidays.

greeneyes2

Unread post by greeneyes2 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:04 am

The strangest thing ..
I was burning a plain purple vigil glass candle that had been smoked with tobacco,sage and dragon blood to get my intent started now with a petition photo and a personal concern. (I am getting started on my confess the truth from my husband)

I already know this is going to take more than 1 run.. The flame has been low all 7 days until about 3am.. the wax residue was thick on all the sides until about 10am, It finished all the way.

the end result thick wax residue dissipated..... is now a hazy light purple that has a clear glass band at the base and .. a Clear Heart shape on one side..plain as day ..the clear Heart ..everything else is hazy light purple 1 clear band and the Clear Heart shape . Have you ever seen a clear Heart shape on a vigil glass candle?

What would this mean? This is the right method and you are on the right path .. or it is hitting his heart?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 am

Hi greeneyes2,

But in answer to your question, yes I and many others who regularly work candles have seen hearts, dollar signs, letters of the alphabet and lots of other different types of shapes plainly apparent in the wax of either a vigil or taper. Images in wax are read much like tea leaves, and there's actually a section addressing hearts on the candle divination page here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsB2 (although the section refers to free-standing candles, the same is true of vigil lights and markings against the glass).

As a side note, to get a stronger burn on your candles, you can also work with helper lights around and/or tied to the main light. This can often help when the burn is difficult/resistant.

Sounds like your headed in the right direction though: keep it up!
Aura Laforest

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:02 am

I'm confused. Perhaps someone can explain to me. I am doing a come to me spell kit on this guy I like. Now according to spell divination page here on lucky mojo it states that if a candle takes forever to burn out then this indicates some sort of obstacle in the way. However a few paragraphs after I was reading that if your candle is taking forever to burn and has no wax left over after the burn it could mean that the candle work is working just very slowly but you can see your results with due time. My problem is this is my 3rd day of doing candle work. Day one I lit the candle and it took 2 hours to burn out with no wax left over. Day 2 it took (again) 2 hours to burn out with a puddle of wax (no specific image found in the wax). So I am confused. Tonight is day 3 of me going to light one of those pink stand up candles. So like yea I have no clue what to expect or if this is working or what.

I guess my question is- If the candle is taking 2 hours to burn completely but has no wax left over but on the 2nd day it burns and has a tiny bit of a wax puddle left over then what does this mean? Why would it take this long to burn in the first place? Does this mean I have to do another reading? The spell kits I have done on other people in the past have never take 2 hours to burn a complete candle it's usually done within an hour but these ones are taking 2 hours to burn.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi johnnyr860,

Now the 4" Altar Candles that do come with the Come to Me Spell Kit normally have an approximate 2 - 2½ burn time. So if it is taking two hours to burn is common. However I have had those things last over 3 hours before, and that, with knowing the general burn time, told me there was obstacles/resistance in the work. From experience those type of candles have burned in less than an hour which were a very good sign as well.

In my opinion one do need to take the basic information of a candles burn time in consideration as you divine. Also, having a tool such as a Pendulum is a great tool on hand to make sure if what you are seeing is resistance or not.

Best of luck to you!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Papa Newt wrote:Hi johnnyr860,

Now the 4" Altar Candles that do come with the Come to Me Spell Kit normally have an approximate 2 - 2½ burn time. So if it is taking two hours to burn is common. However I have had those things last over 3 hours before, and that, with knowing the general burn time, told me there was obstacles/resistance in the work. From experience those type of candles have burned in less than an hour which were a very good sign as well.

In my opinion one do need to take the basic information of a candles burn time in consideration as you divine. Also, having a tool such as a Pendulum is a great tool on hand to make sure if what you are seeing is resistance or not.

Best of luck to you!
My question now becomes what does it mean if the candles leave a puddle with no signs or images in the puddle just a random small puddle of wax at the end? Tonight was day 4 and for the past 3 nights in a row the candles have left a puddle of wax for each but on the first night there was no puddle left behind at all. As the candle was burning I checked it out a few times just to see what was going on and noticed there was no wax running down the sides or anything. It's when the candle gets to the bottom part that it forms a candle puddle with the little bit that is left over of the wax.

However when I read spell divination page it says spell casters and root workers will look for signs or images within the puddle of wax right before and right after the candle goes out. I did both and saw no signs and or images just a random blob of nothing left in the puddle. Is this a good or a bad sign for my spell work? All candles have burned within the 2 hour time frame I quotes before which is good but the puddle of wax with no signs or images has me confused as to what this means since I have nothing to go by. Thanks again for the help.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:38 am

Hello, Johnnyr860,
Unfortunately, we do not give candle wax divinations on the forum.
However, I performed a search for you and found some posts which address your query: search.php
I have personally had folks ask me for a reading on their candle wax because they didn't see anything. Usually, I do see something. That's not to question your proficiency. But, once in awhile, we just don't see it. Just the other day, I saw nothing in a puddle of wax. Well, when I took a picture of it to send to a client, the symbol was loud and clear in the photo! LOL !
Anyway, hopefully, the thread that I provided might give you an idea.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

greeneyes2

Unread post by greeneyes2 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:14 am

I agree Miss Aida..a Photo can be worth a 1000 words.

The naked eye can not see everything ..it is amazing what a photo will capture.

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Johnnyr860,
Unfortunately, we do not give candle wax divinations on the forum.
However, I performed a search for you and found some posts which address your query: search.php
I have personally had folks ask me for a reading on their candle wax because they didn't see anything. Usually, I do see something. That's not to question your proficiency. But, once in awhile, we just don't see it. Just the other day, I saw nothing in a puddle of wax. Well, when I took a picture of it to send to a client, the symbol was loud and clear in the photo! LOL !
Anyway, hopefully, the thread that I provided might give you an idea.
Take care
Terrible thing has just happened. My spell kit has completely gone up in flames! Tonight was night 7 of doing the come to me spell kit and I lit my very last candle and just like the directions stated I let the white one burn along side the pink one. About 10 minutes later the pink candle fell over and the sachet powders and everything else on the tray have caught fire. The flame was so big it was like someone soaked the candle in gasoline before lighting it because that is how big the flame was a fire hazard for my entire apartment and within about 20 seconds the wax from the last pink candle and the white candle had burned out into nothing and any wax puddles I had seen from the past few days were nothing but liquid.

I had no choice the thing was too high in flame which is strange because I dressed my candles with the same come to me oil I always used and did not use any different amount. I had no choice I had to throw a cup of water to put out the flame as it was too much of a fire hazard and I didn't know what was going to happen. Does this mean I have to buy another come to me spell kit and start the whole process all over or can I just finish what I have already? My mojo bag was already put together before the candle fell over so I was able to get the mojo bag set up and dress it.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”