Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
TawanaNicole
HRCC Student
Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:27 pm

I was wondering since the two additional books were added to the required purchases just in the past week or two, would one have to re-purchase them if they have them and purchased them from Amazon?
TawanaNicole

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Luckbewithme876 wrote:I wasn't sure whether this should go in the required purchases thread or not, so feel free to move it. About buying the textbooks, is it required that I buy them all from this site, or can I buy them on Amazon? I've already bought Herb and Root Magic book from here, but am missing the other two textbooks. The reason I ask is because it would be less expensive to buy from Amazon, since I the extra ten dollars for shipping isn't an issue.

Good Evening, Luckbewithme876,
Why not order the books from Lucky Mojo when ordering your required products?
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:36 pm

Satinice1 wrote:I was wondering since the two additional books were added to the required purchases just in the past week or two, would one have to re-purchase them if they have them and purchased them from Amazon?
When you are ready for your interview with Miss cat, you will be talking to someone from the Lucky Mojo shop first. Just explain to this person that you already have the required books.
Take Care and have fun in the course. You will LOVE it!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Miss Aida wrote:
Good Evening, Luckbewithme876,
Why not order the books from Lucky Mojo when ordering your required products?
I could do that, it's just that it's a little cheaper on Amazon, and the required purchases already add up to 90+ dollars. But if it's preferred that I buy the books on this site, then that's fine too.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:18 am

I for one would encourage you to get the books from the shop. There is a list that keeps track of all the required purchases for the course that is looked at when you purchase the course. So say you bought Money Drawing Incense from a shop that carries Lucky Mojo products. Since you bought the Incense from another location and not Lucky Mojo they will not have it marked down that you have one of the two self igniting incense required, and thus you will not be able to have the interview with Miss Cat. Just my thoughts on it.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:07 am

Papa Newt wrote:I for one would encourage you to get the books from the shop. There is a list that keeps track of all the required purchases for the course that is looked at when you purchase the course. So say you bought Money Drawing Incense from a shop that carries Lucky Mojo products. Since you bought the Incense from another location and not Lucky Mojo they will not have it marked down that you have one of the two self igniting incense required, and thus you will not be able to have the interview with Miss Cat. Just my thoughts on it.

Thanks for your response Papa Newt and yes that makes since that's why I do intend on purchasing my items from Lucky Mojo. I questioned the books that were recently added to the required purchases as they were already purchased from Amazon months ago before they became required. I will take Miss Aida's advice and wait until I finish with my purchases and find out then.

Happy Conjuring!
TawanaNicole

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:34 am

Ah yes, I miss read your post. Terribly sorry about that.

Best of luck!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:17 am

I have always allowed folks to buy books elsewhere. Often the books i write are their introduction to me and to our shop.Nothing about that has changed.

I added more books because i want students to have as much specialized and personal knowledge as possible. Those who have taken the course are familiar with the extensive references t my web pages and to pages of HHRM, The next time the course book is reprinted, i will include references to TAOCAM and TBF. I may also add the Hoodoo Jukebox / Conjure Jukebox to the required materials as well, as part of the culturl immersion methodology.

The books sold via the Lucky Mojo shop are signed by me; those sold via Amazon are not. Amazon raises and lowers their prices at random intervals -- sometimes the titles are cheaper than at our shop and sometimes more expensive. Recently for instance, they listed the "cat yronwode's hoodoo jukebox" CD at $13.10 -- but we have a $12.00 list price on it and have always sold it at that price. On the other hand, their shipping is generally cheaper than ours: They have specialized packing boxes that save packing labour and they have contracted bulk shipping rates due to their size; we do not have specialized packing, and our labour costs for packing are higher, as are the shipping rates we pay.

Such is life!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Princess_LoveDiva

Unread post by Princess_LoveDiva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi guys

I just wanna say I've been thinking about it for a long time but after watching videos on YouTube of the LM store I would love to become one of Cat's students. I could easily max out my card in there. Admittedly I don't think I'm ready as yet - i can be impatient and I get easily emotionally attached but I'm working on it!

Until then I'll continue to lurk, ask questions and burn my candles. LM rocks!
.~* Love, Peace and Positivity *~.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Okie-Dokie, PrincessTumbles!
And you're right: LM does indeed ROCK!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Colette
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Colette » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm

I was a Lucky Mojo customer for a few years before I enrolled in the course...and I made sure I bought every required item, including Cat's book, from the Lucky Mojo store. I live in Asia, so the shipping charge is pretty darn high. It's nice to be able to save money getting something from another retailer, but I'd buy it from Cat's store and do whatever is required to enroll... It's only fair that we respect who we want to study with, no?
HRCC Graduate (#1610G). Tarot reader. Practitioner of Hoodoo and Daoist magic.

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 am

i wanna know if all the course is illustrated with pictures.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25 am

Hi goldentouch97,

The coursebook is a textbook and doesn't have illustrations. There are links given to Lucky Mojo web pages with images on them. To get further hand's-on visuals, students who graduate are encouraged to attend the apprenticeships at Lucky Mojo which are really the best way to get the practical experience. Many photos are already included here on the Lucky mojo site. These can be consulted as required.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:58 am

thanks a lots

Angel212

Unread post by Angel212 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Cat, I would love to do your correspondence course. There is no doubt in my mind about it. It was lucky mojo that introduced me to root work and my first reading was with Conjureman Ali. Since then I haven't looked back. It has become a major part of my life and helped me on the most difficult times of my life. I have one question in my mind. If I am living in Ireland would I have to order all that's required for a lesson well in advance? As shipping takes time to arrive in Ireland. Regards Aisha.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Hello, Aisha.

All the required purchased must be made, as explained above, before Katrina will set you up for an interview with me. After the interview, your clien record is marked as "OKAY" to order the course book at your convenience.

So start simple, purchase what is required at a rate that is comfortable to you, then ask us set up the interview. We will talk, and if everything is all right, you will be on the list and able to purchase the course book whenever you want after that.
catherine yronwode

Michelle
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Michelle » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:00 pm

I have received my fourth purchase. Now I need to make that phone call! Michelle

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:21 am

Michelle,
That's great news!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Michelle:

That is wonderful to hear! Best of luck to you and I hope to see you successful and enrolled soon...
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

relampago9

Unread post by relampago9 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:16 pm

greetings~

i am writing to get a firm understanding of what the purchase requirements are for the correspondence course. i have purchased LMCC through a local retailer - which i understand does not count toward the purchases. plus i do want to support LMCC and explore my own potential!

so if i am correct...

- the required purchases for the course must be spread over a minimum of 4 invoices
however
- these do not count toward the "purchases" that qualify one to be accepted by catherine as a student?

i apologize if this seems to be a silly or naive question or it is explained clearly else where but i have read through the course info and still don't *quite* understand. thank you for clarifying. :D

blessings!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Good Evening, relampago9,
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

The required purchases for the course count as the required purchases. But, you still have to pass an interview with Miss cat.

The required purchases are a prerequisite to the interview. Passing the interview guarantees acceptance.

Is this what you are asking?
HRCC Graduate #1631

magdalynaa
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by magdalynaa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 am

Hey, everyone!

I'm working on my required purchases, and I have a question about "coercive" products -- Controlling, Domination, Essence of Bend Over, etc. Would those products be considered harming and/or negative?

I'm having SO MUCH fun testing out the products I've already ordered! HHRM has been awesome, too. I've been able to identify a lot of plants already growing in my yard, and I've got a "harvest wall" with all my finds neatly bagged and labeled.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:11 am

magdalynaa --

No, Controlling, Domination, Essence of Bend Over, and the like are coercive, but they are not negative or harming.

I have been asked to "make the list definitive on the web page" but i do not do so, for the simple reason that the act of replying to the question, no matter how many times i see it, keeps me alert to the fact that althugh anyone can use my free web pages, buy products, and enjoy themselves on this forum, if a person wants to learn the actual history and methodologies of African American hoodoo, he or she must accept it as a complete and whole system of magic, and that includes harming and even killing enemies through sorcerous means.
catherine yronwode

magdalynaa
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by magdalynaa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 am

catherineyronwode wrote:if a person wants to learn the actual history and methodologies of African American hoodoo, he or she must accept it as a complete and whole system of magic, and that includes harming and even killing enemies through sorcerous means.
Indeed, and I'll go a step further and say that the four month waiting period for buying the required purchases has made a big difference for me in that respect. I'm understanding, with time, how those products can fit into my hoodoo "big picture."

Thanks for your help.

(and YAY! this means I can get five oils... the four required oils AND one of the coercive ones that I've been wanting! :D )

relampago9

Unread post by relampago9 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes Miss Aida, you answered my question . I think I was confused as to whether or not I needed to have a separate purchase history with LMCC before even making the course purchase requirements. And yes, the interview with Miss cat is one that I look forward to!

Okay off to make a first purchase. :D My shopping cart overflow-eth.

Thank you!

Jean-Marie

Unread post by Jean-Marie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:35 am

Is Break-Up oil considered an oil of negative work? It's sort of like jinxing someone's relationship, right?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 am

Hi Jean-Marie,

Break-Up would count as a ''negative'' oil, Hot Foot is another good choice to have around.
Aura Laforest

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 am

Ya see, folks? What did i tell you?

This question about negative oils arises repeatedly, is almost always launched in its own thread (which i repeatedly merge into THIS thread) -- and when it comes up, it exposes the preconceptions in a prospective student's mind-set.

Negative oils, negative bath crystals, negative incenses, negative sachet powders: items crafted with the intent to destroy tranquility, dash hopes, damage happiness, and to hurt, harm, and kill.

This is a course about the history, theory, and practice of African American hoodoo.

It is not a course in how to find a job or get your boyfriend back.

If you want spells, go to any of my hundreds of FREE "Hoodoo In Theory and Practice" spells page at luckymojo.com; search out the relevant topic thread in this very extensive forum; sign up to have a reading and rootwork prescription on our weekly radio show; and buy copies of "The Black Folder," and "Hoodoo Honey and Sugar Spells" and "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," and "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."

If you want to take the course, you have to have a reason for it -- and that reason should be centered upon a desire to understand the full history and structure of hoodoo as a system of black American folk magical practices. Lt's look at this practically: If you don;t have any black friends at Facebook, you are not deeply enough connected to the black community to benefit from studying black folk magic. Start with friends, enter into the culutre, , read the free pages, and then apply to join the course.

Regarding negative work: There are no systems of folk-magical practices anywhere in the world, in any culture, in which concepts like revenge, theft of goods or luck through magical means, induced illness, destruction of happiness, and blasting to death do NOT occur. Hoodoo is not centered on those negative concepts to the exclusion of others, by any means, nor is every practitioner uniform in his or her conceptual or practical relationship to negative forms of work, but to pretend that such negative forms of work are miraculously absent from hoodoo, alone among all other worldwide forms of folk-magic, would be a gross untruth.
catherine yronwode

Jean-Marie

Unread post by Jean-Marie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks! Maybe I'll get both. I'm not much of one to do negative work but I do want to be familiar with the oils so I can get a better understanding of rootwork in all its incarnations, not just the happy pleasant stuff.

::Edit::

Ha, I guess Ms. Cat wrote her reply at the same time I was writing mine. I couldn't agree more.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

If I can humbly offer my opinion on Catherine Yronwode's Correspondence Course. My opinion comes from two perspectives, first from a practitioner who was raised in this tradition. While I do not nearly have the experience of Cat, I learned conjure and hoodoo hands on from actual culture bearers of this tradition--like cat did herself. My second perspective is as an academic involved in history and anthropological research.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that there is no course like what Cat is teaching. Nothing comes close. I'm a relative late-comer to the hoodoo online scene and when I ran across Lucky Mojo, I knew I had to take the course. I knew plenty about hoodoo having inherited my teachers practice years earlier, but I submitted myself as a student and have absolutely no regrets. Not only is the course the single most comprehensive survey of various traditional hoodoo and conjure practices, but its scope and quality is worthy of graduate-level university courses.

I'm a down-home, traditional Virginian conjure man and am proud to be a graduate of Cat's Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:30 am

Hi Miss Cat and Everybody!

I've already asked another member of this forum if she thought I'd be good at this (hoodoo/rootwork), and she said she didn't know (it has to be my choice) but also reminded me of the purchases I'd have to make, and therein may lie the problem:

I'm on SSI. I make exactly, no changes at any time during the month until January when we get our 4% COLA.

I'd love to be a student (I may be a DRUID teacher, but I'd much rather use Hoodoo/Rootwork for magick, as it works, it's predictable AND, believe it or not, Pagan Magick requires me to -- in my view -- insult the Goddess, Who's already pre-programmed anything that's from the Earth to know what to do; I shouldn't have to tell it what to do until my spell-recipe's completely mixed, then it needs programming...maybe). Even teachers learn all the time.

So, any suggestions on how to go about this in such a way I don't break my proverbially tiny bank?

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!
Sharon Athena, Druidess (1973)
Mikhail Nikolaievich Simonov, Major, Russian Imperial Army (1884-'43)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:33 am

Hello, Sharon Athena,
I hope you don't mind but, I removed the part of your message that says how much money you'll be getting. That's something (for your own safety) that you don't want the world to know!! Just trying to protect you.
Here is an array of money spells for you: www.luckymojo.com/moneyspells.html
I hope this helps!
Take Care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Sharon Athena

Unread post by Sharon Athena » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:56 am

Miss Aida,

Of course it does, and I thank you most kindly for everything (YOU know what I mean)!

A thousand warm thank-you's!
Sharon Athena, Druidess (1973)
Mikhail Nikolaievich Simonov, Major, Russian Imperial Army (1884-'43)

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Sharon Athena,

Please read: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

And also read Catherine Yronwode's free online book, " Hoodoo in Theory and Practice".

There are many students who have taken Miss Cat's course, "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course" who did it on a shoe string budget.

Here is a list of free spells to help you with money work : http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html

Buy one thing at a time or as much as you can afford until you have the required items.
There are future students doing that very thing right now.

There are many people on this forum who also practice Pagan Magick.

Good Luck!
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Sharon Athena,

Just want to let you know I LOVE your enthusiasm! Your positive energy is great!
Very nice to meet you here!

Many Blessings to you! :)
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

battievamp

Unread post by battievamp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:21 am

This message is for more than one person from the various answers above. Thanks to all who responded to my post, very helpful. :)

We did create two separate accounts, as suggested. When we place an order we print them off, and he keeps his order forms separate from mine. One of the orders never arrived so I called the shop last night, and apparently it was cancelled because of a credit card name, mailing address conflict. The friendly shop keeper helped me sort it out and I replaced the order... :)

Thanks too for the advice on "not waiting for Mrs. Cat to 'not' be busy", that's exactly what I was doing." So, I will take that advice and not wait. I'm still going through the history section, as I'm very interested in how this all started, where it came from. Sometimes I have to read things several times, but the history is fascinating, and some of it reminds me of things from my own childhood, not necessarily related to "Hoodoo" but reminds me of it none-the-less.

Sorry for the double post, it was a mistake on my part. I will try not to repeat it. I think I realized I did it, right after I did it too...

As for my order history and not having to wait: Smiles

Thanks again for all the help... :)

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:52 pm

I had my interview with miss cat tonight and at first I was so nervous. After 5 minutes of talking, I felt so relaxed and Miss Cat is a doll !! It was a pleasure to have my interview directly with Miss cat as she is so fascinating.

I am thrilled to pieces as i got accepted into the HRCC!!!
(Doing the happy dance)

Thank you Miss cat for taking to time to talk to me.
I am so excited and thank you for all the advise and knowledge.

Magicinthemoment

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Congrats Magicinthemoment!

If y'all want to learn and study with The Best, it is right here with Miss Cat:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

I wish I could stand up on a soap box and preach about this. I have been fortunate enough to study,to learn, to attend multiple apprenticeships and to get know Miss Cat. It is an honor and a pleasure.

Make the trip to see your teacher too y'all, it is worth it. Take the time and make the time--because time is fluid, and it does slip away.

Be Blessed All!!!

Miss Tammie Lee
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Magicthemoment! CONGRATS!!
Looking forward to your posts on the Yahoo Groups.
Take care!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:15 am

Miss Tammie Lee - thank you and, yes, I do plan on visiting Lucky mojo.

miss Aida - I understand that I will get an invite to the yahoo group. As soon as I do, I will be posting.

Thank you all!!!!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:39 am

magicinthemoment: Congratulations and welcome to the course.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Would Cast Off Evil Oil count as a protective oil? It seems like it would, but I just want to make sure of it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello, Luckbewithme876,
I don't think so.
These will :
http://luckymojo.com/products-fiery-wal ... ction.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-protection.html
Hope this helps!
Take care and have fun in the course. You will L O V E it!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks again, Miss Aida. ^^ I already have FWoP from the kit, so I'll order the Protection oil whenever it comes time. And yes, SO looking forward to the course!

KittyLove

Unread post by KittyLove » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 am

Hi There,

Can I send Ms. Cat cash in canadian funds via mail for HHRC? It's almost time!

Thanks,
Thank you St. Michael for keeping us safe!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:47 am

I believe all purchases need to in American dollars. Call the shop.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Mama Micki is correct. See the web site:

HOW TO ORDER FROM LUCKY MOJO
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatorder.html

We accept
Visa
Mastercard
American Express
Cash
Postal money orders
Commercial money orders
Personal checks -- These will be held 21 days to clear
Payment must be in U.S. Funds only.

So there ya go1
catherine yronwode

magicinthemoment
HRCC Student

Unread post by magicinthemoment » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 pm

OMG!!!!

Received my gorgeous book!!!!

Thanks you Miss cat and the lucky mojo family!!!

I love it!!!!

I just sent a request to join the yahoo group!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

(Doing the happy dance)

Magicinthemoment

Michele Jackson
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Michele Jackson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:03 pm

It is a beautifully bound book isn't it. Welcome to the course!

Michele
magicinthemoment wrote:OMG!!!!

Received my gorgeous book!!!!

Thanks you Miss cat and the lucky mojo family!!!

I love it!!!!

I just sent a request to join the yahoo group!!! YAHOO!!!!!!

(Doing the happy dance)

Magicinthemoment
Michele
Student #54GA

Sola Rite

Unread post by Sola Rite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 am

So, I finally have all that is required (and much more) before applying to the course, :D wonderful!
Now I am uncertain about some things;
1. Do I place the order for the course first (with "I agree with the terms") and ask for an interview after that or vice versa? I have seen both variations stated. And can I ask for the interview via email?
2. Since I live in Sweden I am a bit worried about having a telephoneinterview lasting an hour or more. The cost will probably be more than my required purchases and the course together! However, it will be worth it to get accepted for the course.
3. I do not know any African American but understand that I could get help in contacting (and Hopefully befriending) someone of that extraction. My question in regards to this is; could this contact be done through corresponding via email? Would that be acceptabel for homework # 2? The problem with expensive telephoneinterviews returns. :|
Thank you for a fantastic site!
Sola
May your days be Blessed!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 am

Hi Sola Rite and congratulations on your deciding to undertake the course!

1. You place the order with ''I agree with the terms'' first and then ask for an interview date. Booking the interview by phone is usually your best bet.

2. Consider getting a Skype account, they have really reasonable arrangements for the distance vs. regular phone companies. That could be a more cost-effective alternative for you.

3. Once again, please refer to answer #2. Email contact is a good first step, but trust me when I tell you that it's not the same as talking to someone in person. A lot more comes out in a chat than in a letter. You should also address that concern directly with Miss Cat when you do your interview to be accepted into the course.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Sola Rite

Unread post by Sola Rite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 am

Thank you very much, Aura, for your speedy reply.
I thought I read in this forum (or one of the others) that Miss Cat didn't "do" Skype. Has this changed?
Even if not, I Will look into Skype for the chance of conversing with who ever would be willing to help me with the Homework #2 problem.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Sola Rite,

Miss Cat doesn't do Skype calls. However, if you have Skype for a fee it is possible to call a land-line, it's just that those calls aren't free; they are however quite competitive as compared to a regular phone service provider.
Aura Laforest

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am

Just to clarify; i do use skype for camera-connected and audio-only calls with co-workers and friends, but i do not use it as a telephone service, and i do not use it for course calls. In order to keep to my very full schedule in order, i handle certain matters in a routinized way that cannot impinge on my home life. Limiting course calls to the shop or church phone lines is one of the ways i do that. I have a lot of stuff going on, am busy all the time, and just have to set a certain set of boundary-limits with folks who want access to me via personal or private means, such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks for understanding and i apologize for any inconvenience this causes anyone.
catherine yronwode

Sola Rite

Unread post by Sola Rite » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi Miss Cat and Aura,
I quite understand the need to preserve some vestige of " private zone" in your daily life. :) I just hope I can get à time for the interview that is not in the middle of the night for neither you nor I. :P
All the best to all of you.

ambrose1

Unread post by ambrose1 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:38 pm

I am highly interested in taking this course and have begun my journey in meeting the requirements to be considered. I am curious to know though if I were to order the any twelve oils (names listed at time of purchase) would count towards the four required oil purchases if it included oils from each required field? I would like to become more familiar with as many of the different oils in these areas as possible since each have their own properties for the purposes of the workings. Or would it be suggested to simply choose one of each of the four listed and later incorporate more?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi, Ambrose1,
Yes, it counts (as long as the required oils are inclusive and you've met all the requirements in your allotted time).
Hope this helps.
Can't wait to see you on the Hoodoo Course Yahoo group!!
Take care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

ambrose1

Unread post by ambrose1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:39 am

Thank you Miss Aida. I was hoping that would be the case. I like being thoroughly familiar with the items I'm working with and considering the different properties involved in the various oils I thought this would be the best way to familiarize myself with the effects while building a supply of necessary products for my workings. Thanks again.

samantha
Newly Registered

Unread post by samantha » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 am

I've just made my first purchase order from Lucky Mojo, in an effort to start building my customer history in order to eventually apply to take the Correspondence Course! There were actually a few items on my personal shopping list that I needed already, and then I added on a few of the other purchase requirements. Living in New Orleans, I've been spoiled with easy access to many of these ingredients, but am very excited to start pursuing a formal training with this course! A friend of mine graduated and had wonderful things to say about it, and I am so enthusiastic to begin!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Welcome, samantha.

Send my greetings to your graduate-friend, and my thanks for recommending my course.

I look forward to getting to know you.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”