Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Benedict Of Nursia.

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
naija4life+
Forum Member

Saint Benedict Of Nursia.

Unread post by naija4life+ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

l was told that St Benedict of Nursia is a very powerful saint.Please has anyone in this forum petitioned him yet,if yes what was the result and how will he be thanked?

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator
Re: Saint Benedict Of Nursia.

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 am

Hi naija4life,

St. Benedict of Nursia is very powerful. He was known to have sent a disciple to walk on water, turn poison wine into clean wine, make water flow from rocks and many other amazing things. He is also known as the protector of people who go into caves or are cavers. He is also known as a patron Saint of Europe.

I find him fascinating particularly because of his gift of inviting a disciple to walk on water and the power he had of protecting the disciple from drowning. To have witnessed this must have been a life changing event.
Very, very powerful because Jesus walked on water.

Since he was known as a hermit, I pay him with written prayers of thanks, clean water and a white candle lit for the symbolism of light in a dark cave.
I keep it simple. Other people might pay him differently.

Here is a link you might find interesting:
http://www.luckymojo.com/patronsaints.html

Great question! Thank-you naija4life.

Susan
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

naija4life+
Forum Member

Unread post by naija4life+ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:17 am

@Susan,thank you so much for the swift reply,l intend to petition St Benedict,please how to l set up the altar? What prayers do you normally use & how long will the prayers be said? l currently have framed pictures of St.Jude & St.Therese on my altar.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 am

Hi naija4life,

You can find out tons of information on altars here:

altars-questions-and-answers-t124.html

Before you set up your altar you want to cleanse the space. You can use Florida Water or Chinese Wash.
http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

Know your intent. Be clear on what you want.
Choose your items. Get a picture of St. Benedict of Nursia. If you can't find one in a store, draw one. I sometimes paint or draw a picture of the person I want represented.
Because his allies are St. Gregory and St. Bonaventure, they both said that St. Benedict actually saw God right before he died. You may want something representing those Saints as well.
He was a hermit who lived in a cave for several years, a monk brought him food.
You might want to place some food such as bread on your altar for him.
You can also put a cup of wine on the altar making sure he knows it isn't poisoned because some monks tried to poison him.
Another attempt was made to poison him through bread but it was said that a raven swiftly flew in and took away the poisoned bread. So maybe a representation of a raven could be placed on the altar as well.
I use little plastic animals for whatever animal a Saint liked or worked with.
You can also read aloud, "The Rule of Benedict" that he wrote on how to live life.
And he was fond of psalms. You can look up psalms 85: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14. Or read the entire psalms.
Put your petition on the altar as well.
A white candle should do.
Some fresh flowers or a fresh plant.
Other good items to use are:
http://www.luckymojo.com/allsaints.html
I like to use incense when creating an altar. The All Saints products are good to use for dressing and fixing your candle.
It is said he wanted the monks to pray a prayer for a week. So you can pray your prayers for a week.
Look for any signs of movement.
If you see signs, pay him with some more food and wine or water.
He has a metal made in his honor, on one side of the metal it says, "May we, at our death, be fortified by his presence. The other side says, "May the Holy cross be my light." The metal shows him holding a cross and there is a raven etched on the medal as well.
I hope that helps.

Blessings,
Susan
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

naija4life+
Forum Member

Unread post by naija4life+ » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:40 am

@Susan,thank you so much,you have given me enough resource to work with.
Remain Blessed.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”