Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

MissMarisa Says Howdy!

MissMarisa

MissMarisa Says Howdy!

Unread post by MissMarisa » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi everyone! Finally, something I've dreamed of since the beginning - Lucky Mojo forums are finally here! YAY!!! :mrgreen:

I'm Marisa, HRC student #527 (G). I live in Portland, OR in a 100 year old house with my husband and 3 cats. I will soon be initiated as a priest of Yemaya in the Lucumi/Santeria tradition. Shortly after my graduation I tried my hand at professional rootworking with the launching of ladyhearted.com. Well, I soon found out that I was way out of my league. I wasn't yet ready to deal with the psychological aspects of professional work. People expected me to wave my magic wand and solve all their problems, and I just couldn't handle it. So I shut down the site, and now just do amateur work for friends.

I'm going to wait until my initiation to see what Yemaya and the other orishas have in mind for me before I even think about attempting professional work again. In the meantime, I am studying to be a birth and post-partum doula with the Childbirth International program. I hope to someday combine doula work with rootwork. Til then I am focused on the initiation process.

So good to be here and to see some folks I know! Hope to spend lots more time getting to know everyone and sharing our knowledge. Many thanks to cat and nagasiva for all their hard work, wisdom and generosity! Blessings to all!

Phoenix333

Re: MissMarisa says howdy!

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:40 am

:::waves at Miss Marisa:::: Hello, my LJ friend! (Hint, i have an interest in Carl Jung)

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello, nice to meet you. Having just recently used the services of a doula (just over a year ago) and being a self-learning student of rootwork, I can see wonderful ways that the wisdom of rootdoctoring can round out a doula's services. Best wishes with that.

Avalon

Unread post by Avalon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:33 am

HI Marisa! :mrgreen:

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “2009 Public Forum Introductions”