Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure hands, mojo bags, nation sacks, trick bags, tobies, jomos, spell packets, Jack balls, and dolls.
BlueFish

Re: Mojo Bag, Conjure Hand, Toby, Gree-Gree Questions & Answers

Unread post by BlueFish » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Hello, I have had my mojohand for about a year now and today I noticed the charm fell off. I can easily sew it back on, but is that okay or do I need to send it back to lucky mojo to have it re-blessed?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:53 pm

You could sew it on yourself. Many people remake their mojo hands once a year...

As one old-time toby maker told me -- "even the best haircut doesn't last forever."
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Good Evening, Kalstar,
Welcome to the forum! Very happy that you are excited! LOVE the enthusiasm! You'll love everything that you will learn here.
Have you read this page yet? www.luckymojo.com/mojo.html
It gives you more knowledge about the mojo hands.
I keep mine close to my body (touching my skin) for at least the first week. Then, I will either put it in my pillowcase, in my bra, in my pants pocket, or in my purse.
And, yes, you can move it around. EXAMPLE: Pillowcase at night; purse in the day, by your skin when you're alone etc. I treat my Mojo like it is a living being with emotions.
If this man and I were in a good relationship, I'd use the Nation sack. If he lived with me, I'd use the Stay with me.
Maybe try a reconciliation spell kit and the mojo for that? www.luckymojo.com/reconciliation.html
This would be my suggestion
I would also suggest a Steady Work spell kit (seems like the stress of your life is causing more tension between the 2 of you): www.luckymojo.com/steadywork.html
Hope this helps.
Wishing and hoping that everything works out for the 2 of you.
And, most importantly, wishing that you find inner peace and happiness
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

katstar

Unread post by katstar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 am

Ah Thankyou for your reply Miss Aida!!!! <3
I didnt see it at first as i couldnt find my own messege woops :oops: . The advice on the mojo hand is great! Ive ordered one and i plan on using it how you suggested (though i might have to hide it away somewhere at night if i am lucky enough to say share a bed with my (ex)/lover... I would be too sad if he saw my mojohand and killed it, ive been saving up for it!!

Ive looked at the steady work products and they look like exactly what i need. I cant afford the whole spell kit at the moment (too broke, spent what i had on mojo hand though!) Not sure if i should wait till i can get the whole spell kit or at least get one item??

Ive made an order for quite a few things from LM and thought in the mean time whilst i wait for the things to arrive to make a honey jar, to sweeten him to me. Im not with him at the moment and so i cannot get one of his hairs. Would it be ok to start the honey jar without any personal concerns such as our hairs, and then when i do see him to add them later? Or would i have to start another honey jar?
Also, as im all over the place i was thinking of using a very little jar like the sample type ones. is it ok to say, get a jar that used to be for jam and use it? or should i get a nice big new actual honey jar?

Cant wait for the luckymojo goodies to arrive its like being a kid and waiting for christmas!!!!! :D

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

Good Afternoon, Katstar!!
Yes, you're absolutely right. I NEVER let anyone see or touch my mojo hands.
The Steady Work oil, incense, bath crystals, candle, etc., will individually help, of course. I just like: "The whole enchilada" when I go for a spell. I just ADORE that spell kit. In fact, all the spell kits are WONDERFUL. BUT, ALL the products are made (and prayed over) by professional root workers. How great is that????
Anyway, yes, you can use the smaller jar. And, yes, you can add personal belongings later. BUT (again, this is just me) if I am expecting to receive personal belongings, then I would just wait until I got them.
Hoe this helps!
Take care and have a wonderful day
HRCC Graduate #1631

katstar

Unread post by katstar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 am

Ah thanks Miss Aida!! Ill get to collecting my honeyjar then and start it when i cant get some sneaky bits :) When i have some spare dolla ill get on that Steady work!!

render123

Unread post by render123 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi all iam also interested in a mojo hand a reconciliation or follow me boy my question is if i only have a picture of him can that be used...i have a pair of his boxers i took once out of his suitcase not sure if they were clean or worn on the trip can i use a piece of the cloth from them? Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:14 pm

katstar, welcome to the forum. Glad you are here and i hope you enjoy te companionship.

Please try to keep your posts ON TOPIC. This thread is about mojo hands and remains only about mojo hands.

If you want general advice or information about honey jar spells, this is the thread for you:

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers
general-honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions ... t5536.html

If you want advice or help with a Steady Work Honey Jar, this is the thread to post in:

Steady Work Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers
steady-work-honey-jar-spell-kit-questio ... 14355.html

If you want advice or help with a Steady Work Spell Kit, this is the thread to post in:

Steady Work Spell Kit Questions and Answers
steady-work-spell-kit-questions-and-answers-t21131.html

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Good afternoon, Render 123,
Yes. You can use all those things. You can even write his name out on a petition paper.
Good luck to you and I pray that you get your man back
Take care and have a great evening
render123 wrote:Hi all iam also interested in a mojo hand a reconciliation or follow me boy my question is if i only have a picture of him can that be used...i have a pair of his boxers i took once out of his suitcase not sure if they were clean or worn on the trip can i use a piece of the cloth from them? Thanks
HRCC Graduate #1631

katstar

Unread post by katstar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:18 pm

thanks catherine!!

summerflower

Unread post by summerflower » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello!
I have a question about feeding the love mojo bag. I see from other posts you can use the oil once a week
to feed it, but also whiskey. Is whiskey the only alcohol that can be used? Also if the man I'm targeting
has problems with alcohol, wouldn't alcohol be a bad choice to feed the mojo? Thanks for any advice.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Hello, Summerflower,
I feel all my Mojo Bags with Lucky Mojo oils. I use the oil that corresponds with the intention of my mojo hand
Find your oil of choice here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html
Hope this helps.
Have a wonderful evening and wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

summerflower

Unread post by summerflower » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Miss Aida!
Thanks so much! Yeah I'm going to dress the mojo bag every Friday with the oils that go with the bag.
I had to order more Love oil since the one that came with the bag was a small bottle. I'm excited
to see how these mojo bags work. This is my first experience with them. :) Have a great weekend! :)

Jules6186

Unread post by Jules6186 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 pm

I've googled and searched and wanted to verify... Mojo bags are traditionally made of flannel but don't HAVE to be, correct? Reason I ask is I'm building a personal power & self-confidence/general love & happiness encouraging mojo for myself and I found this great regular cotton that an interesting mix of purple and pink, which I like for the power and love halves of my mojo. Could I make a bag of this instead? I'm feeling yes but I wanted to make sure.

Also, I'm thinking of embroidering the bag instead of adding charms, etc. My talents lie in the fabric arts and I feel that's more personal to me than just adding a charm. Is that ok?

Thanks!!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello, Jules6186,
I think that embroidering your bag is totally awesome. What a wonderful idea! You're adding extra love and care to it. Spirit will be thrilled.
But, why not add the charm also? Just as extra strength?
Well, the cotton....
It's "JUST" OK, but not traditionally used in Hoodoo. I personally don't use them at all
If you go to this page and scroll down to the bags, you can see what is used: www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html
Hope this helps.
I'm very excited about your embroidery idea!!!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jules6186

Unread post by Jules6186 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:30 am

Miss Aida, glad you like the idea! When it comes to the charm, can it be any I find that appeals to me and the work? I.E. A charm of a heart or a crown. Could I buy one I personally liked somewhere along the way or does there have to be something special about it/done to it? Thanks!!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Jules6186 wrote:When it comes to the charm, can it be any I find that appeals to me and the work? I.E. A charm of a heart or a crown. Could I buy one I personally liked somewhere along the way or does there have to be something special about it/done to it? Thanks!!
Hearts and crowns sound great for a success-in-love mojo. As to "charms I personally like" -- well, there are things that you will NEVER find in traditionally made mojo bags. Crystal points and figurines of deities other than Jesus or the Saints, for instance. Traditional lucky symbols such as lucky clovers and horseshoes might be appropriate.

But hoodoo is also called rootwork for a reason. It's about the roots (and leaves, etc) -- the PLANTS AND THEIR SPIRITS.

When you make a mojo bag, too, you're not just assembling a little pouch of mementos; you are creating a living entity dedicated to and interested in your need. And the mojo, in turn, needs attention and feeding. Don't just rub a little oil on it. Check in with it, talk to it, and let it tell you what you need to know.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Jules6186

Unread post by Jules6186 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

I totally get what you're saying for sure. I've read a bunch of on-line writings in the topic and everything available in Miss Cat's black folder, (which I just got in the mail and am so excited about!) I was more saying, if I found a crown charm at a fabric store, could I put that on it? Or are there specific ones? Like, a mercury dime vs a regular dime. Specific.

Also, I've always been curious as to why hoodoo never seemed to used many crystals and stones. I know it's not traditional and I'm curious as to the history of why. Reason I ask is because I have a hard time shaking my Wiccan roots and working with stones.

Why specifically would you not add a crystal point to a mojo bag?

Would including a small crystal point or another stone or two be "bad" or just non traditional?

So curious about this! :D

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:50 pm

Hello, Jules6186,

It's non-traditional in Hoodoo.

Take care!
HRCC Graduate #1631

caroline_black
Newly Registered

Unread post by caroline_black » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Hello everybody

id really like to get a custom mojo bag, only thing is, im not sure if the customs people at ups would maybe open up the mojo bag making it more or less worthless(or am i wrong in that regard?)

usually they are very careful at customs here in switzerland, they have to open all international shipments, and they do, but for instance, last time i ordered some Oils from LM, and they opened the package, but the oils were wrapped in paper, and they didnt even bother to open the wrapping paper, guess they just took a quick peek inside the package..

what do you think, is it worth the risk?

thanks for any advice..

best
Kim

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Hello, caroline_black ,
Yikes! I hope that doesn't happen.
But, it would be better to e-mail the shop and ask them what their experiences have been with shipping.
Lucky Mojo ships everywhere and knows the "ins-and-outs".
e-mail address: order@luckymojo.com
GOOD LUCK!!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

deedee88

Unread post by deedee88 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi, instead of going to the crossroads six times to master six different things can I just get a custom made mojo to master my talents ? Maybe a mojo bag with master root, king solomon seal and master of the woods. I need to master singing, rapping, dancing, drawing, acting and modeling(yeah it is a lot!). I want to know if lucky mojo can make a really strong mojo bag for me to help with this situation and if they will need my hair etc.

Mrniceguy

Unread post by Mrniceguy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:28 am

Hi I made a mojo bag that I woke up after not feeding for a month or so. It is a love mojo so I dressed it with love me oil to cause my child hood friends sister to love me in a romantic way along with some psychic vision oil. Is it a sign that its working if that same night I had a dream about the family of my target after awakening the mojo bag? P.S I used the psychic vision to aid me in astral travel.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:16 am

Hello deedee88,

Lucky mojo makes all kinds of mojo hands including ones good for increasing performing talents. Have you checked out their page on custom mojo's ? http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html

I also believe that they will will make add other items at your request to a mojo you are having them make. You can always call the shop as well. I rarely have a need to call them but the couple of times I have they were more than helpful!

Peace~

Nathen

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Deedee88, your mojo sounds like a good idea -- but I don't see any problem with going to the crossroads six different times. I would go to the crossroads for the talent that is nearest to your heart, build and wake up that mojo, and go back to the crossroads whenever the opportunity or need arises.

Miss Michaele

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Hello, MrNiceguy,
It could very well be.
Start making a dream log.
And please be more attention to your mojo hand.
Best of luck!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Diablo_1

Unread post by Diablo_1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 am

Hello everyone,

Am new to this forum :D

My question is would a mojo bag ever turn against its owner?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 am

Diablo_1

Nope. What you imagine is the plot of a horror story or video game. It has nothing to do with African American folk magic.
catherine yronwode

starskylady

Unread post by starskylady » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:12 pm

I purchased a good luck mojo bag about 2 years ago and the person who created the bag has since passed away. I would like to know whether it would be okay for me to continue using this bag or should I get another one made? This bag was very active at one time but it is slowing down a little. I had great respect for the person who created this bag and it is hard to think that I may have to replace it.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:12 am

Hello Starskylady,

I am sorry to hear that your rootworker passed away. Did they leave their practice to any one? If so I would talk to that person.

It is normal for a mojo bag to be remade every so often. Some of the pieces in the bag can usually be reused and other parts will need to be replaced. You typically take it back to the person who made it originally to have that done but because you can't you may need to find a new person unless you know all the ingredients, then you may be able to remake it yourself.

Peace~

Nathen

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello, starskylady,
It wouldn't hurt at all to have another one made.
Lucky Mojo custom makes them. They are fantastic www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html
Hope this helps
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Diablo_1

Unread post by Diablo_1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Hello Catherine,

I thought so also but read somewhere online that it could turn on you if you do not look after it properly so I thought I'd clarify.

Thank you

:)

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm

I also have the black cat spell kit.
but I follow the instruction that came along with the mojo and made the mojo before reading the spell instructions.
Do this affect the mojo or spell kit in a negative way?
Will the mojo work without the spell kit?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:39 pm

icebergslim, the mojo's compliment the spell kits. Yes, you can work the mojos without the spellkit, as they come with instructions.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:19 am

Thank you for your help

kaboodle

Unread post by kaboodle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am

Can the triple strength come to me mojo hand work even though my target is not in the same country as me anymore?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Hello, kaboodle ,
Because of the distance, if this were me, I would use the mojo hand AND a come to me spell kit
www.luckymojo.com/spell-come-to-me.html
This will enhance your magical intentions.
Just my thoughts..
Wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

jpbollma
HRCC Student

Unread post by jpbollma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Good evening. I was looking for suggestions on a mojo bag related to my profession. I work in the financial sector in a fairly high stress job. I am not a telemarketer, however I do spend most of my time
On the phone with clients I work with for a month or more at a time on average. I am happy with my job and my compensation. The job is just known has being fairly stressful. You are dealing with a lot of paperwork and stressed out clients.

I was looking at making a mojo bag to enhance peace and calm in order to reduce stress at work. I also wouldn't mind also including items for continued success. Should I use a blue or a green bag? I had a couple herbs in mind like calamus root or black snake root. Perhaps I could make copies of awards I have won and include in the bag? Perhaps Crown of Success Oil? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello, Jbollma,
Sounds like you're on the right track.
But, did you know that Lucky Mojo will custom made a mojo hand for you? www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html
Take a look and see what they offer.
HRCC Graduate #1631

starskylady

Unread post by starskylady » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 am

Thank you so much Natstein. That is what I am going to do.

starskylady

Unread post by starskylady » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 am

Thank you so much Miss Aida: I will have to get a new one very soon.

Sillver9

Unread post by Sillver9 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:20 am

I made a charm or conjure bag using hot foot products and a little doll baby against my noisy neighbor - they didn't move out, but they started spending lots of time away from home which was good enough for me. It worked "like a charm" for about a year. Then I foolishly threw it away. As soon as I did, the problem (with my neighbor) started up again. So I made it again in almost exactly the same way. But this time it hasn't worked at all! Why hasn't it worked? Is there a better product to use or something I should add to it? I put the bag in a certain place, and laid down hot foot powder around the neighbor's door (exactly like I had the first time). Thank you.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:24 am

Your neighbor may be protecting himself now -- or perhaps the people they were spending so much time with got tired of him, just as you have!

It's hard for strangers to discern the subtleties of your situation on a public forum, so you might want to do a divination, or schedule a reading, to see what obstacles stand in your way this time.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:11 am

I want to make my own mojo bag. I have many herbs and many lucky mojo oils. I have follow me boy, come to me, look me over, chupperosa (I hope I spelled it right), adam and eve, commanding, compelling, bewitched, come to me.. a lot of others. I have many different color candles and one of my love's dreads. I was trying to find out how I would go about securing our situation and which steps to follow first or how I can go along moving our relationship along. We have been friends for a little while and he is living with a lady. As far as I know things aren't going well between the two of them and they aren't in a committed relationship (go figure). I don't necessarily want to do break up on the two of them but I want to be dominate over her, the reason being, he might just be a charming canine and though we've made love once, I don't want our relationship to be solely sexual and I want to take my time getting to know him as we have been. I also have many luck oils. What should I do?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Think Follow Me Boy, then Bewitching. To dial back the sexual activity, you might want to work with a blue penis candle wrapped in couch grass.

Once you start to get more of his attention, his other lady will surely try to bring him back to her side, and then you will be stuck with a tug-of-war or Break Up work. I believe you'll want a reading at some point.

And if he's a charming canine -- well, a canine can be a son of a bitch, or a human's best friend. You could be ordering Cast Off Evil and doing confession spells before this is over.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

Temont

Unread post by Temont » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Lol. Thank you very much

BoneDaddy
HRCC Student

Unread post by BoneDaddy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:22 am

Do any of you find that most flannel drawstring bags that can be purchased commercially have strings that are too short for mojo bag use? I would like the an extra 2" of string to make the knot tying easier, especially for those of us with larger hand/fingers. Any solutions besides re-stringing them before I start making my mojo bag, or making my own?

Jeff "Bonedaddy" Albrizze
Student #1859

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue May 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello, BoneDaddy
I am being perfectly honest with you when I ay that I have NEVER had that problem with Lucky Mojo's flannel bags
And, they are NOT commercially made. I personally remember last year when Miss Robin employed someone to hand make them (as they had lost one of their seamstresses).
Find them here (you'll need to scroll down to see them): www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html
I would suggest re-stringing the bag. But, if this were me, I'd just buy new ones from LM.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

AllsingI

Unread post by AllsingI » Sat May 24, 2014 4:50 am

How long does it take for the mojo bag to start working? is it a week a day or a month please share your results.
;)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello, AllsingI,
I have heard that sometimes it takes a week (because for the first week, while you have it close to your body, it is being raised like a baby). After a week of "growing up" and knowing you and your needs, it is ready to work in full force.
I have also heard some people say that it works right away.
Hope this helps.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Ace_BRaven

Unread post by Ace_BRaven » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Five finger grass, a high john the conqueror root, lucky hand root along with a 2 dollar bill does wonders I understand.

tanchan

Unread post by tanchan » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi. Please just edit my post or my title, I am Chinese and it's hard to explain in English.
My rootworker made me a mojo love hand bag with my pic and my ex. lover's pic, and I pin it inside my clothes, we are a contiinent away from each other.
But I forgot to ask if I can work with vinegar breakup spell? I want him to breakup with his fiancee and he comes back to me. Thank you.

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 am

I had someone make me a mojo bag to protect me from crossed conditions. I feel the energy from my bag as I have kept it with me for a week and I speak to it. Though it was made for protection, can I ask it for other things? For instance, if I have the right oil to feed it...can I feed it oil pertaining to a specific purpose?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:03 am

Hi Eternal_Moonlight,

Generally mojos are made for a specific purposes and don't multi-task well. If there's a petition paper in there, it tends to define how the hand will act and within what ciercumstances. A few hands are made for luck in a number of areas - usually love, finances and health (LM's Lucky Red Clover bag for example) - but these tend to be the exception rather than the rule.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 am

tanchan,

I would first ask the rootworker you are working with to see if you should use that jar. But in general yes it is ok to do a break up spell on a person and a love drawing at the same time, so they are leaving that person and coming to you.
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

YOLO
Newly Registered

Unread post by YOLO » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:04 am

Thank you for sharing such a nice idea.

Mel Casey

Unread post by Mel Casey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:43 am

Hello,
I am planning on making my own Mojo bag for Protection I was wondering what is the best color bag to use ?
Bringing light in a world of darkness !
www.supremetransformation.com

RSLove999
Newly Registered

Unread post by RSLove999 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:13 pm

Can a mojo bag be made from any fabric or does it have to be flannel / cotton / leather.

I am very new to learning about hoodoo and my first attempt at a mojo bag i used a bag made from a sheer material. Now that I am reading further I am concerned I ma have made a fopa.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Mel Casey,

This is the problem of a little knowledge not being good enough.

You should know more about how and when colour symbolism entered hoodoo and about the history of leather, paper, metal, and fabric in hoodoo before you undertake to make your own mojo.

Find a teacher, read more, study the tradition. There are so many answers to that question that i feel reluctant to say anything. But the answer, generally, would be red, followed by white or muslin, followed by leather, depending on the maker and the supplies preferred, and the way the maker was taught.

-----

RSLove999,

Again, a case of too little knowledge and rushing in to do things for which teaching and training was not received.

Yes, you made a faux pas -- 'cause you sure did not make a mojo bag in our sense of that term.

Why would you be making a mojo hand if you never had one or saw one? That's your first level of foolishness, right there -- but you were so involved with the second level of foolishness, working with sheer fabric, that you skipped right over it.

I do not recommend a person who is "very new to learning about hoodoo" to be making a mojo bag. It is not "entry-level" work by any means.

-----

Let's use a cooking analogy: You have never made Beef Stroganoff. You have also never EATEN (purchased) it in a restaurant. You don't know if it will be something that you like -- something that "works for you" as food -- but you have heard that other people like it. Which would be more sensible -- to order Beef Stroganoff a couple of times in a couple of restaurants to see if you like it and then try to find a recipe and replicate it at home? -- or to just go on the internet and ask someone what herbal seasonings to use to make Beef Stroganoff when they don't even know if you have all of the other ingredients or even how to cook the dish?

There is a reason that most home practitioners purchase mojo bags -- and it is not laziness. When you consult with a professional toby maker and have a hand made for you, you are getting a lot more than the magical equivalent of fast food -- you are getting an artisanal, lovingly made, and specially prepared spiritual handicraft. In time, you too may become a handicrafter of such items in your own right but making mojos is not easy. There are many traditions to the spiritual side of the work and there are many styles, methods, and finishes to the handicraft side of the work that will never be conveyed to you if you just ask on a forum, "what colour of bag" or "what kind of cloth"?
catherine yronwode

Yoyopanda21

Unread post by Yoyopanda21 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:09 am

Debating on purchasing

Crown of success mojo bag, KING Solom Wisdom Mojo hand, Lucky Mojo Triple Strength Mojo Bag and the cast off evil Mojo bag and or an attraction bag for positive energy

The questions i have are-

Will they conflict with eachother if i get all of them?
Can i put all of them in one mojo bag and wear it on me?

And any experience with these?

And any recommendations?

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Mojo Hands, Conjure Bags, Jack Balls, and Doll Babies in Hoodoo”