• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 am

Stamped Brass Charms for Mojo Bags Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.

Stamped Brass Charms for Mojo Bags Questions and Answers

Unread postby bluesprof » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:22 am

All the mojo bags that I've purchased from LM have had small cat charms sewed onto the bag. I understand the relationship and function of the cat and the charm in this regard. My question is, if in making a mojo bag one puts LM Black Cat hair in the bag, and even puts (non LM) a real black cat bone in the bag, and the feeds the bag with LM Black Cat Oil, is the Black Cat Charm on the outside of the bag necessary?
bluesprof

Re: Stamped Brass Charms for Mojo Bags Questions and Answers

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:27 am

It depends on what you mean by necessary. If the bag maker is setting that charm with prayers and intentions and maybe even anointing it with some oil then it becomes a magical item in its own right and could increase the efficacy of the bag overall. But, there are many old fashioned, traditional conjure bags that are made without charms on the outside.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Symbols relating to time.

Unread postby themagos » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:02 pm

What would be a good curio to represent symbolically time or a season. I want to use it similar to like throwing the bones? This might entail a few of these objects. Example. I have a very old fossil that I use (depending on it's position) tells me if we are looking at something in the past or not. One day a friend asked me about this and I have searched this site but I might have missed it. So, I called the office and the kind lady asked me to post it on the Forum. I'll keep looking but appreciate the assistance.
themagos

Re: Symbols relating to time.

Unread postby Priestess Najah » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 am

Hello TheMagos,

I find keeping things simple works the best. To represent time have you considered a watch? In working with the watch, you may find the way the watch lands to represent the past or the future. Or you could use an old watch for the past, a new watch for the future. To represents the seasons, you may try using nature - such a roots, twigs, flowers, stones - anything that you gather during a season.

Hope this helps.
Priestess Najah

Re: Symbols relating to time.

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Lucky Mojo sells little stamped brass charms to sew on mojo bags -- and one of them is a clock.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby icebergslim » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:14 pm

I also have a black cat mojo bag but I can't tell if it is working. The reason I say this because I haven't won the pick3 or 4 lottery. I talk to it a few times. I even fed it with oil and smoke at the same time one night. I thought I would have better luck even in scratch off tickets.
What am I doing wrong?
icebergslim

Re: Black cat stamped charm for mojo bag

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 am

icebergslim wrote:I also have a black cat mojo bag but I can't tell if it is working. The reason I say this because I haven't won the pick3 or 4 lottery. I talk to it a few times. I even fed it with oil and smoke at the same time one night. I thought I would have better luck even in scratch off tickets.
What am I doing wrong?

You cannot expect to win every time you play games of chance. That's why it's called gambling. Don't limit yourself as to where money is coming from. Try doing some general money drawing work.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:00 am

These are small charms, varying from tiny (the Skull, the Owl) to substantial (the Clock, the Crown, the Lovebirds in a Heart). All are one-sided (hollow on the back) except the Heart with Arrow, Mano Cornuto, and Praying Hands, which are two-sided. In addition, a clever person with a tube of Automotive Goop brand glue could make the Money Bag charm two-sided if desired, as the silhouette is reversible. The most common use for these charms is to sew them on mojo bags for various conditions. If we were minding our pennies and dimes, we would price them all out differently, based on size, complexity, and cost to us, but we simply can't be bothered, so they are all the same price, regardless of size or whether they are one- or two-sided. $1.00 each. See full list at

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets ... itedstates
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo