• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Newsletter

It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:34 am

Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Questions and Answers

Discussiona about hoodoo and conjure spell books, instruction books, grimoires, and books on magic and spirituality.

Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Questions and Answers

Unread postby Odessa » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:57 pm

I just got my copy of Anna Riva's book, Golden Secrets of Mystic oils, from Lucky Mojo. Being I'm in the study stage, I went through and matched all the titles in her book to the Lucky Mojo oil list. I found that some of the oils Lucky Mojo carries are not in the book. Also, some in the book, Lucky Mojo does not carry. So, with that said... If one took the descriptions in the book to something in the Lucky Mojo product line, could one use some of the other spells in the book with a Lucky Mojo oil ? For example.. Lucky Mojo carries Cut and Clear oil, which I would think fits the description of Anna Riva's listed oil," Forget Her or Forget him". In that the description it says, "To help one consign to oblivion painful memories of a lost love or broken affair". (Seems kinda similar, anyway, to a Cut in Clear....)

I do understand that her book is probably describing some oils that are made by different manufacturers. However, I would like to see if there is any way I can apply some of the spells in her book to oils Lucky Mojo carries instead where applicable.

Am I on the right trail here with that thinking? Or are some of these oils described just way too far out of the ball park to match to anything ?
"if someone hands you lemons, mystify them by making a chocolate cake out of them"
Odessa

Re: Golden Secrest of Mystic Oils Question

Unread postby Mama Micki » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:59 pm

If you would tell us which oils you are interested in, we could give the name of the equivalent Lucky Mojo oil, if it exists.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: Golden Secrest of Mystic Oils Question

Unread postby Odessa » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Mama Micki, let me look through the book a little more. I just got done matching so I'd like to take a longer look at the book. I'd certainly love any substitution suggestions!
"if someone hands you lemons, mystify them by making a chocolate cake out of them"
Odessa

Re: Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Question

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Odessa, you are indeed on the right track. Anna Riva (Dorothy Spencer) made her own oils and also described the oils made by a variety of manufacturers. Using oils of similar intent with differing names is not a problem, if you make the swaps intelligently.

BOO-GRI-GOSE
Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils by Anna Riva
$8.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Odessa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:50 am

:) well this is what I will do then to sort them out... I highlighted all the matching oil names I found in Lucky Mojo's oil list. I am now going through and penciling in notes for substitutions based on any key words or usages in the spells and descriptions. What I have left over I guess I will ask on to see what I can use. So far, I have found some of the titles that match Lucky Mojo oils don't always exactly match the descriptions of her same oils. I will keep with with Lucky Mojo description usage in that case and see what could be used that would be better. I am finding it a great way to better understand how the various oils can be used.
Odessa

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:24 pm

You are on the correct track, Odessa. I love this book...and Lucky Mojo oils! :)
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Questiona and Answers

Unread postby funnypupster » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello :)

I just started reading this book. So informative. However, I am bit confused about the proper way of anointing the body. In her book, Anna Riva explained that one should first think about breaking the body into 2 triangular areas (upper body and lower body) before proceeding. So, in order to get rid of something, one should anoint the upper body area in an upward motion. And, if the goal is to attract something, then one should be anointing the lower body in a downward fashion.

I read the Lucky Mojo's way of anointing the body, and it is the supposed to be done in the complete opposite way: upward for drawing things to you and downward for getting rid of things.

Could you someone enlighten me on the subject? Thank you in advance!
funnypupster

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Hello, funnypupster ,
Although this is a FANTASTIC book, I caught the same thing!!!
I HIGHLY suggest that you anoint according to Miss cat's instructions. She's NEVER lead us astray.
Additionally, Miss cat's instructions are EFFECTIVE
Hope this helps!
Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby funnypupster » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:02 am

Thanks! I will continue anointing myself according to Miss Cat's instructions. That's what I've been doing anyway, and it WORKS! :)
funnypupster

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:41 am

The reason for the difference is based in the author's training in a magical system that contains many variations. I could also show you a THIRD variation, in which i was taught, more or less in accord with the 1936 hoodoo classic "Legends of Incense, Herb, and Oil Magic" by Louis De Clarement.

The person who taught me this other way was to visualize two interlocking triangles (like a Star of Daid) and use the upward-pointing triangle (either the palms of both hands or the soles of both feet plus the crown of the head) for "spiritual desires," and the downward pointing triangle, the two shoulders plus the genitals) for "earthly desires." This makes total sense, within the system taught by THAT practitioner.

These variations are echoed in the similar variations found among old-time hoodoo books that give instructions on how to dress a free-standing candle.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby funnypupster » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 am

Thank you Miss Cat for taking the time to educate us! Now I understand the reason behind the variations. It depends on your beliefs. I will continue following your approach. It has been working very well for me :)
funnypupster

Re: Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Questions and Answers

Unread postby DVFunk » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:47 pm

What would be the Lucky Mojo equivalent of Devil's Master?
DVFunk

Re: Golden Secrets of Mystic Oils Book Questions and Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:50 pm

DVFunk,

We are pretty old-school here, so i would go with Devil['s Shoestring Root in Oil, if you intention was to hobble, tie down, or control another's devilish intentions. If, on the other hand, the objective was to send the devilish person far away, i would use Run, Devil, Run.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Books, Pamphlets, Instruction Manuals, and Grimoires in Hoodoo