Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Hello, queen of Wands,
If this were me, I would trim the wick on that IS candle.
And I believe you are talking about tearing in regard to the other candle.
These answers should be on this page: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
When I don't have a concrete answer, I will write down what had happened and what the results were. So, if this happens again to you, you will know what it means.
I had a candle that looked exactly like something that a dog runs to. I didn't know what that meant. But, then, my dog won a certain contest a few days later. Now, I know what that particular symbol means to me (if I ever see it again).
Also, you might want to consider buying the book on tea leaf reading (which is similar to candle wax symbols) and can find it here:
www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Love Romance Sex Honey Jar Spell Kit Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Congratulations, Eve!
My suggestion would be to consult with the same root worker.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, queen of Wands,
If this were me, I would trim the wick on that IS candle.
And I believe you are talking about tearing in regard to the other candle.
These answers should be on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
When I don't have a concrete answer, I will write down what had happened and what the results were. So, if this happens again to you, you will know what it means.
I had a candle that looked exactly like something that a dog runs to. I didn't know what that meant. But, then, my dog won a certain contest a few days later. Now, I know what that particular symbol means to me (if I ever see it again).
Also, you might want to consider buying the book on tea leaf reading (which is similar to candle wax symbols) and can find it here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Take care
Thanks Miss Aida.

The spiral had broken off by the time I got home yesterday, it's now almost burnt down and is looking very normal. I'm more concerned about it going out 3 times before finally settling down.
With regards to the honey jar candle, it doesn't look anything like tears to me. I've noticed that the free standing 4 inch candle I light on my honey jar is running and melting a lot recently but the running was always clears up by the time the candle's burnt down. I'm assuming whatever the running wax signifies will not last?

green_bee

Unread post by green_bee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:30 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed..An Intranquil Spirit candle was burnt for me on the altar of MISC (was set on the 4th of February). It was a clear burn with no residue. I did see a lot of signs 2-3 days after the candle started burning and still do. I know I should probably stop thinking about it :? Can the work still fail?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 am

Hi green_bee,

You have - candle divination wise - a very clean burn which is good. But signs and/or movement or not, yes the work can still fail (and obsessing about it won't help). To read more on the manifestation of spell work and ask specific questions on the subject, I suggest you read through the following Forum thread: signs-movement-completion-of-spells-que ... 5027b673f9

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

green_bee

Unread post by green_bee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:26 am

Thank you very much aura!

boadiccearose

Unread post by boadiccearose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:06 pm

I read somewhere thhat it's possible to do a divination on candle wax after they've been burned.... does anyone know about this? I did a dual purpose spell using a black and white candle. I took a picture of the spent wax and noticed that it resembled a cartoon character. Kind of like Goofy. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Catherine Yronwode's and Mikhail Strabo's book, The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic, has 15 pages on interpreting candle signs.

As to shapes in melted wax, many diviners rely on the same symbolism tea leaf readers do. Lucky Mojo offers several books on tea leaf reading, as well as The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic. You can get them all here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Best of luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Cindel25

Unread post by Cindel25 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello,

I had burn a Red Baphomet for a Lust spell in conjunction with rootwork Goetia. I have read this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html for an idea but I do not see anything in details with the type of figure candles. It has burn down the middle splitting the candle in two with one side the wax is still standing and the other side melted. The wax is puddle around the base.

Does anyone have a general idea what this means? This was my first time using baphomet. Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello, Cindel25 ,
Sounds to me like you need to do more work.
I would get another candle and do more work.
Could be resistance from your target...
You might also want to consider a reading on this to see if you might need a different type of spell. You can find readers here:
http://readersandrootworkers.org
OR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
Wishing you the very best
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to not talk about my work too much in the midst of working but this one is so bizarre I can’t help but ask…

I ran out of the 4” candles so I lit a red votive candle on my honey jar the other day, dressed with Love Me, Come to Me, Fire of Love. Now I’ve had a lot of experience burning votive candles and they are almost always very “runny” and take quite a while to burn (14 hours as suggested by the label on my candle and my experience tells me that’s accurate). This one burnt down very quickly (within 7 hours) and very clean, it did not run at all while burning, there was a “lip-shaped” bit of wax forming on the front of the candle, but no runny wax at all. It must’ve burnt out when I was taking a nap in the afternoon, when I woke up and checked on it, it seems the candle burnt out leaving a ring of wax in the bottom which had tipped over and fell near the honey jar, but what’s bizarre about it was, it looked exactly like a female genital – the “lip-shaped” bit of wax was sitting on top of a small oval puddle of wax, with a small hole in the middle, and the wick remain was right in the hole. It was so graphic I couldn’t help noticing it.

My question is, does it mean he’s thinking of having sex with me or is he having sex with someone else?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello, Queen_of_Wands ,
As you know, we don't so candle wax interpretations on the forum.
But I just had to chuckle at this one! LOL
Yes, it sure sounds like it!!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Thank you Miss Aida :)

I have 2 quick questions:
What do I do with the wax remains of candles offered to Saints/deities? I'm currently working with Ganesh and the votive candles I burn for him always leave a bit of unburnt wax. Can I throw it out?

I lit a votive candle on my honey jar the other day but due to the quality of the candle the wick keeps drowning in the wax. It would not stay lit. What do I do?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello, Queen_of_Wands ,
For disposal, look at this page for ideas: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
You might want to trim the candle wax down. It does become a problem with the efficacy of the spell and the outcome when you're constantly fighting with a candle. Things just don't go smooth.
I've never NEVER had that problem with Lucky Mojo candles as they are superior wax. Just a reminder: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
Hope this helps,
HRCC Graduate #1631

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:29 am

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Queen_of_Wands ,
For disposal, look at this page for ideas: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
You might want to trim the candle wax down. It does become a problem with the efficacy of the spell and the outcome when you're constantly fighting with a candle. Things just don't go smooth.
I've never NEVER had that problem with Lucky Mojo candles as they are superior wax. Just a reminder: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html
Hope this helps,
Thanks Miss Aida.

I've been using the Black Cat Brand candles and they are great - never runny, always burns clean. Unfortunately I'm out of those and I live in Australia andI have not been able to find small offertory candles here . The best candles I can find here for this type of work are small votive candles. My other option is tealight candles. I've just ordered 140 candles from Lucky Mojo. Not only is the shipping quite expensive ($65 on average per order), it usually it takes 6 to 10 weeks for my orders to arrive.

I don't think using LM candles in all of my rootworks is viable on a long term basis, and frankly I have limited space to bury my wax remains. I live in an apartment and I've been burying my wax remains under a tree in front of my apartment. I was wondering... Would it be okay if I make tealight candles with the wax remains and light them (for the same purpose. E.g. I'll gather the wax remains from the candles lit on my honey jar, make tealight candles out of them and burn them around my honey jar), so most of the wax is used up and I will be left with very little wax and wick which I will bury in front of my apartment. What do you think?

I'm trying really hard to order all the equipment and tools that I need but where I am I just can't afford to place an order here and there because the shipping costs a fortune. In the last three months I've spent over $250 on shipping alone :( I think I might as well jump on a plane!

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:49 am

Queen_of_Wands, you can also use birthday candles for some of the workings that you are doing. These aren't the most ideal, but they are a viable alternative when you have limited options.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Miss Phoenix wrote:Queen_of_Wands, you can also use birthday candles for some of the workings that you are doing. These aren't the most ideal, but they are a viable alternative when you have limited options.
Thanks Miss Phoenix. Unfortunately I havn't seen any pink or red birthday candles that aren't covered in white polka dots or have white spirals on them yet. I did go out and look for them but these days birthday candles are getting way too fancy. Will the polka dots or spiral ones do?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Hello, Queen_of_Wands,
I certainly wouldn't use them.
Have you tried purchasing the 4 inch chime candles from Lucky Mojo? I know that cost is a factor for you but, these candles are relatively inexpensive.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

fortuna15
Newly Registered

Unread post by fortuna15 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:50 pm

I’ve been working on a vinegar jar to beak up a friendship/courtship (they are not BF/GF) for about 10 days now, 8 of 10 days that I’ve burned a candle on it left no residue; however, last night it left what looked like a heart. I know what it would signify if it were on a honey jar but what about on a vinegar jar? I know there are many pages in this form but I did a search and always came up to the question that is in the vinegar jar forum but the response was given through PM. Your input is greatly appreciated, Wonderful Day to All <3

Queen_of_Wands

Unread post by Queen_of_Wands » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Queen_of_Wands,
I certainly wouldn't use them.
Have you tried purchasing the 4 inch chime candles from Lucky Mojo? I know that cost is a factor for you but, these candles are relatively inexpensive.
Take care
Thanks Miss Aida.
I wasn't talking about the cost of candles, I was talking about the cost of shipping. The votive candles I buy in Australia are $1.00 each. Costwise, the LM candles are way cheaper than anything I can find here in Australia, but I do have to pay $60-$70 to get them shipped here, which I've come to terms with I guess. I'll just have to plan ahead and place an order every couple of months. I'm just trying to work out how many candles I can fit into one shipment.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello, fortuna15,
Just continue burning the candles on the jar.
See what comes up in symbols (and if they are consistent)
Take care

fortuna15 wrote:I’ve been working on a vinegar jar to beak up a friendship/courtship (they are not BF/GF) for about 10 days now, 8 of 10 days that I’ve burned a candle on it left no residue; however, last night it left what looked like a heart. I know what it would signify if it were on a honey jar but what about on a vinegar jar? I know there are many pages in this form but I did a search and always came up to the question that is in the vinegar jar forum but the response was given through PM. Your input is greatly appreciated, Wonderful Day to All <3
HRCC Graduate #1631

RosieM
Newly Registered

Unread post by RosieM » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello all, I've been doing a simple uncrossing spell for three days and on all three days the candle burned the normal length of time, but on the third day the candle burned (4" candle) but it took quite a while to go out. It burned almost completely clean, had a high bright 2-3 inch flame or more the whole time, flickered only lightly once or twice, and when there was nothing but the wick left, the flame went down to a small blue ember. A few minutes later it grew back up into a full flame for a while, dimmed down to a small blue ember and almost went out again, and released a poof of white smoke. It did this three times before finally going out. I think this is a positive sign but haven't seen or read anything quite like it? Any advice?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:33 am

Hello, RosieM,
Here is your answer: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html#signsA1
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

kaboodle

Unread post by kaboodle » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:34 am

Hey guys! So I finally did my first hoodoo spell. I burned a pink, 7 and a half inch candle dressed with follow me boy oil. It took 9 hours to burn. The flame was stagnant at the beginning but the flame grow bigger towards the end. The wax was sort of melting more towards the left and formed sort of curly L shaped layers on top of each other. Then the wick started to lean more towards the right till it fell entirely and then extinguised itself before the last bit of the candle got to be burned. Does this mean anything? I'd like to attach a picture if I could but there doesn't seem an option for this. There's less than half an inch of candle left. Oh and there is one heart shaped wax in the layers.

Ps, what should I do with the remaining wax and my petition paper? I live in a flat and don't exactly have burial ground available. Thanks!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello, Kaboodle,
I'm sorry but we don't do candle wax interpretations on the forum. But...
You can find your answers here on this page: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
As far as symbols are concerned, purchase the book on tea leaf reading (similar symbol meanings as is candle wax) www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
And, disposal can be found here: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
Hope this helps.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

YemayaOshun

Unread post by YemayaOshun » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Hope I'm doing this right by making another thread but tried reading through ppl questions to see if anything similar to my issue.

Third day doing honey jar and to the candle was about to finish or so I thought, but no more wax was left but a piece of wick was left burning. I watched it (luckily) as it was burning thinking that once wick was burned it would go out..then the flame expanded beyond the wick onto the metal lid. I had to snuff it out before it expanded more.

Any thoughts?

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:54 am

MoonGlow, as I am sure that you are already aware, we don't offer divination on the forums regarding candle burns. However, what you describe sounds pretty normal. There is usually some amount of wick left once the candle is done and if there was a thin layer of wax across the top of your jar this could easily catch fire. If you are feeling concerned that this may be a negative sign you might consider a reading.

Best of luck!

branden

Unread post by branden » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 am

I did two come to me spells to attract an unknown person. My candles have not burned clean. The wick ended up on its side drowning in the wax. I also did a series of non related love spells and these burned clean. I'm wondering if it has to me going back and forth subconsciously about meeting someone? I don't think I made my petition too complex.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:51 am

Hi branden,

This can occur when there are blockages/issues between you and attracting a mate. If the candles burned and left the glass black, this can mean you've been crossed up in love. Often however, there's some residue in the bottom, wax build-up and/or dingyness on the glass (not spirit marks); that's usually obstacles or residue (crap) from our past relationships or our personal history that's getting in the way of us moving forward successfully. In this case, that's affecting your love life. You may also simply need to clarify what it is you want with regards to love (cloudiness in the glass would be a good indicator) and if that's the case your subconscious ''yes/no'' can definitely have an impact on the burn. A reading can help ascertain the details of what's going on.

That said, consider a 13 herb bath. Follow that up with 5 days of Road Opener or Van Van baths and a Road Opener Vigil Light. Then redo the love candles, perhaps in tandem with some John the Conqueror: you should get better results unless there's a really serious crossing affecting things.
Aura Laforest

mags76

Unread post by mags76 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Hello, I have just a few questions. I received my honey jar spell kit today (love me). I do have hairs from when my guy shaved his beard. Could I use one of these, although they are kind of short or do I need his pubic hair? Also do I need my pubic hair or can I use one from my head. I do have cinnamon so I would like to add this as well. Would it be ok instead of cooking with the honey, to pour some on his body, lick it and get him to kiss me? Another question I have is how many candles to burn in one day? I see that I should do the candles only on Mon, Wed, and Friday! Thanks for your response!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello, mags76 ,
Use as many personal items as possible. If you have pubic hair and hair from hi or your head, use them. If you have hair from his beard and hair from his head, use them. If you don't have his pubic hair, just use what you have.
Do you plan to open your honey jar? I wouldn't do that.
You can burn as many candles as you want per day. I usually just burn one.
Hope this helps.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

branden

Unread post by branden » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:43 pm

aura wrote:Hi branden,

This can occur when there are blockages/issues between you and attracting a mate. If the candles burned and left the glass black, this can mean you've been crossed up in love. Often however, there's some residue in the bottom, wax build-up and/or dingyness on the glass (not spirit marks); that's usually obstacles or residue (crap) from our past relationships or our personal history that's getting in the way of us moving forward successfully. In this case, that's affecting your love life. You may also simply need to clarify what it is you want with regards to love (cloudiness in the glass would be a good indicator) and if that's the case your subconscious ''yes/no'' can definitely have an impact on the burn. A reading can help ascertain the details of what's going on.

That said, consider a 13 herb bath. Follow that up with 5 days of Road Opener or Van Van baths and a Road Opener Vigil Light. Then redo the love candles, perhaps in tandem with some John the Conqueror: you should get better results unless there's a really serious crossing affecting things.
Thanx this will be my next order if this fails I will get a reading. :)

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:48 pm

I have a rather specific question: I've been "chaining" my altar candles for my vinegar jar and honey jar (well, sugar jar, to be accurate) work by softening the bottom of the new candle with the last flames of the old candle, and then affixing it right there on top of the old wick. What that means is the bottoms of all my candles are always a little smoky (because of the flame from the old candle it's replacing). Is that bad? Should I just soften the bottoms with a lighter or something?

I've also just been letting the wax accumulate on the lids. Sometimes the candle burns almost completely clean and leaves no residue; sometimes it drips some, or I use the burning candle wax for other helper spells I'm running at the same time and it gets on the sides. Should I stop doing that? Is it leeching power away from the honey and vinegar jars if I use the candle wax for other spells?

And, finally, for the honey jar (and, now, picture box jar) I affixed a piece of rose quartz to the lid and burn the candles on top of it. Will that interfere with divination?

So far the flames in all of them have been pretty clear, bright, and quite tall despite the fact that I have to work with both windows in the room open for ventilation (dressed candles are my limit, I can't work with incense). Sometimes the flutter in the breeze but usually don't go dim. Sometimes the flames are quite small right when I light them, but they always grow taller and taller even after the wax has all melted away the wick still goes! And, every now and then, there's a little black smoke but never too much, and usually towards the middle or beginning of the burn.

I use almost exclusively altar candles (the 4" ones that are bigger than birthday candles and thick enough to inscribe with my intention but not so big that they take more than two or three hours to burn) that I dress with LM oils. I'm going to buy some sachet powders and, once I've figured out which spells to use, some figural love and breakup candles. Do you divine figural candles differently than altar candles?

Thanks for your help!

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi! I have a couple questions about opening the jars. I know Miss Aida and other readers have said it's a no-no unless you plan on adding something new, and that's exactly what I plan to do tomorrow: add a mini-lodestone-bag made with cloth from his underwear and stuffed with love herbs (rose petals, cinnamon, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary) and dressed with LM oils, and also a couple hearts cut from his underwear and a few of my pubic hairs. I'm going to do it during the hour of Venus and pray to her and Saint Martha over the candles for the whole hour. Is it okay to open the jar under those conditions? I've opened it a couple times before to add more herbs or new petitions but now I'm going to try to avoid it if I can help it.

The second question I have is if I want to use the sugar (I'm using sugar rather than honey) in candies I plan on making on the full moon and sending him, is it okay to open the jar under those circumstances, too? Or should I pull out some of the sugar tomorrow and keep it in my kitchen so I don't have to open my jar as often?

Thanks!

chelebelle9
HRCC Student

Unread post by chelebelle9 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:09 am

Hello. I just worked a mini honey jar spell earlier this week and would like to keep it ongoing. I didn't pay attention when I ordered the kit that said to order a replacement pack of candles. I have no idea where I can buy candles that small....any suggestions? Or if I order them from the website, will the honey jar still be as effective if I can't burn candles on it for the length of time until I receive them in the mail? Please help. Thanks and Blessings to you all
HRCC Student #1969

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:58 am

ravenmaven, personally, I open my jars when I need to beef up the working, add more herbs for a specific energy, or need to encourage communication, etc, etc. I think the reason for opening your jar sounds perfectly reasonable. With a sugar jar there is some expectation of opening it, because there is often a goal of cooking with the sugar or using it in food. Keep the sugar in the jar until you are ready to add it to something you are making for him. If you need to add something to the sugar I would do that the same as you would with your honey jar.

beautifulcreole1, I would recommend that you order a refill pack as soon as you can, but in the meantime, you can use birthday candles or tea lights. These are not ideal, but they work in a pinch. You can also check metaphysical/occult/religious stores in your area. You might find chime candles in any of these locations. You want to keep the work going, so start with what you can as you wait for your Lucky Mojo order to come in.

chelebelle9
HRCC Student

Unread post by chelebelle9 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 am

HI Miss Phoenix. Uh oh I think I totally messed things up. I didn't want to just do nothing so I went and found the smallest red candle I could find and changed candle holders. I put the wax from the original candle holder in the bottom of the new one. I dressed and prayed over the new candle and then lit it. I thought I read somewhere in this forum that I could switch candle holders. Should I order a new kit? I am going to order new candles today as well. Thanks for your help.
HRCC Student #1969

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 am

beautifulcreole1, this is perfect! Keep going with the honey jar and get some more chime candles. You should be fine. :)

chelebelle9
HRCC Student

Unread post by chelebelle9 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:30 am

What a relief! Thanks Miss Phoenix.
HRCC Student #1969

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello, ravenmaven,
Every root worker is different. But, I always wait until the first candle goes out completely so that I can see the wax symbols.
And I do let the wax accumulate. I've never re-used the wax for other spells.
As far as the rose quartz, that's a tough call. Again, I personally do not want anything interfering with the wax symbols. I would, instead, have the rose quartz sitting atop the jar when I don't have a candle burning.
This is a hoodoo forum and we don't get detailed about the use of crystals but, they do need to be cleaned and charged. Not sure if the candle would interfere with it's own energies. But, I would rather be safe than not.
Figural candle divination is the same as stick candles. Just, sometimes, a little more volume to read!
Sounds like your candles are doing relatively well. Just be mindful of the black smoke and keep diary
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 pm

Ah, gotcha. Thank you! Right now the rose quartz is embedded in the wax drippings - should I just pry it out?

mystikal3025

Unread post by mystikal3025 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:18 pm

good evening everyone.

I was burning a red candle on top of a honey jar to sweeting the mother of my child. Lately my candles have been burning faster. Well tonight, the candle (dressed with sweetening herbs) flared high! Not a lot of smoke but the odd thing was the whole taper candle was on fire with no split in the wick. It got down to the wax and the herbs then caught on fire. Appeared to be multiple flames (the wick was gone) but they all converged together. there was 3 (I inscribe family and marriage on the candle along with our names) How could this be interpreted.

My assumption is while we are split (she in tx me in GA) we will eventually come back together. I am actually going to visit this week.

Any input into this matter (note: I also have a Saint expedite alter currently in place as well - that was just lit) Could this be having a effect - Speeding up the progress? (glass of water has bubbles and flame is just under a inch and jumps around on his red 7 day candle)

mags76

Unread post by mags76 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Hello, I have a few questions about candles. I lit 3 candles (come to me, love me, and domination) on Weds. today is Monday. All 3 candles went out yesterday, Sunday. For some reason, the domination candle burned completely down but it looks like the wick didn't burn all the way. It looks like there is half a string of wick left in the glass. What does that mean? The other 2 candles burned completely and they look ok but all have burned herbs at the bottom. Also, instead of these candles lasting 7 days, they went out early! Any advice and suggestions.

Thanks

Wordsworth1
Newly Registered

Unread post by Wordsworth1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 am

Regarding my glass encased candle (Come To Me), the wick is practically buried in the wax with a very low flame. It burned nicely for the first few days. This is all towards the bottom. Is there any way to salvage/help it? It seems as if it's not burning at all.

d_toval
Newly Registered

Unread post by d_toval » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm

I have a candle light on for oshun I've been asking her to bring someone back to me, the first the candle dances a lot the flame was very low but today is a normal size also today I got another candle for osun and prayed and asked for a sign the candle wick has some sorry or heart shape what does this means?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:06 am

Hi d_toval,
Candle divination is a form of divination just like any other, and since there are very proficient AIRR professionals who offer the service (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... le_Reading) please respect that we don't provide free candle readings here on the Forum.
Also respect that this Forum is dedicated to helping people use Lucky Mojo products.
You'll find the meanings to your burns in the informational page LM has on candle divination, most specifically the melted wax image, here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsB2

Hi Wordsworth1,
It's still salvageable but will take some work. One way to do it is to scoop some wax out to liberate the wick and then slowly feed that wax back in as the burn improves. Another way is to use ''helper lights'' to strengthen the burn, 3 or 5 small freestanding candles (tea lights will do if you really have nothing else) burnt around the main Vigil light to help it out. Left alone, the burn might even resolve itself, it just means that once you start getting results things will probably stall for a while and then either go well (it resolves itself), require active work (the above ways of salvageing the burn) or fizzle out (the flame drowns).
Aura Laforest

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Hello, mystikal3025
You can find your answers here: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
I would advise also to use less herbs and see if I happens again.
You might want to consider a reading on the subject also.
http://readersandrootworkers.org
or
www.hoodoopsychics.com
Take care
mystikal3025 wrote:good evening everyone.

I was burning a red candle on top of a honey jar to sweeting the mother of my child. Lately my candles have been burning faster. Well tonight, the candle (dressed with sweetening herbs) flared high! Not a lot of smoke but the odd thing was the whole taper candle was on fire with no split in the wick. It got down to the wax and the herbs then caught on fire. Appeared to be multiple flames (the wick was gone) but they all converged together. there was 3 (I inscribe family and marriage on the candle along with our names) How could this be interpreted.

My assumption is while we are split (she in tx me in GA) we will eventually come back together. I am actually going to visit this week.

Any input into this matter (note: I also have a Saint expedite alter currently in place as well - that was just lit) Could this be having a effect - Speeding up the progress? (glass of water has bubbles and flame is just under a inch and jumps around on his red 7 day candle)
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Hello, Mags76,
A half a string in the wax may be indicative or either a faulty wick or unfinished business. I'd light another one.
A fast burn means that the work won't last long. See this page: www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
My suggestion is to light more candles.
Wishing you the best
Take care
mags76 wrote:Hello, I have a few questions about candles. I lit 3 candles (come to me, love me, and domination) on Weds. today is Monday. All 3 candles went out yesterday, Sunday. For some reason, the domination candle burned completely down but it looks like the wick didn't burn all the way. It looks like there is half a string of wick left in the glass. What does that mean? The other 2 candles burned completely and they look ok but all have burned herbs at the bottom. Also, instead of these candles lasting 7 days, they went out early! Any advice and suggestions.

Thanks
HRCC Graduate #1631

Justcurious
Newly Registered

Unread post by Justcurious » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:35 am

I lit a man and woman figural candle. It burned down to the base they were standing on. Is that normal or was it supposed to burn all the way down past that point as well?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello, Justcurious ,
Usually, mine burn all the way down.
Sounds like you need to light another candle.
And watch the leftover wax symbols to give you further clues as to what's going on
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

mags76

Unread post by mags76 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks Miss Aida for your response. Should I get these 3 candles set on the alter instead of doing them myself?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello, mags76,
You sound pretty busy with spell work.
You might want to consider having MISC set them for you as: "Back-up" to your work.
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 pm

I bought a honey jar in the beginning of March. Now it has a significant amount of wax on it. I've heard that honey jars are used for long term work and takes time to work. I have seen some movement with the target viewing my photo on a dating profile on two occasions so he is thinking of me, I guess. However, it's been close to two months now and I still haven't heard from him. Is there anyone here who knows how to read the candle wax drippings on my honey jar to tell me if it's a good sign? I look at it, and there are question marks all over my eyes, lol. I have a photo to share. I just want to know what I'm looking at/what it means. Also, I've used pink and white candles (white when I ran out of pink). I've also dressed the candle with the appropriate oil. I don't have the targets hair or fluid - just the honey, paper, and herbs.

MartKeyb56789

Unread post by MartKeyb56789 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 am

I have a purple 7 day uncrossing candle that has been burning for a little over 4 days now. I noticed something very peculiar about it, and there is absolutely no literature anywhere. I do not normally trim the wicks on candles unless they are exceptionally long. In the case of this candle, the wick didn't extend above the jar, so I did not trim it. It has burned beautifully so far. There is one tiny smudge of white smoke on the very rim. Other than that, it's burning very clear. What is odd is the wick. There is a small knot at the top of the wick and flame, BUT the wick extends upwards over an inch and is sort of leaning over and touching the class. The flame daces around a little bit, but nothing out of the ordinary. I have never seen a wick do this. I guess a good analogy would be for the smokers. When you smoke, and the ash refuses to fall off is how I would look at it. The wick just simply won't break off. Does this have any significant meaning to anyone?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm

Hello, Eternal_Moonlight,
Unfortunately, we do not perform any type of readings on the forum.
However, candle wax symbolism is very close to tea leaf symbolism.
You can find several books on the art of tea leaf reading here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Just scroll down to: "Books About Divination"
Wishing you the best
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Eternal_Moonlight

Unread post by Eternal_Moonlight » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Hello Miss Aida, and thank you! One more question, is it possible to open the jar to put more stuff in it? I kind of want to push the petition paper down too as it is close to the top. Maybe that doesn't matter, or does it? =P

Thank you always for your guidance.

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:18 pm

^did you eat at least 3 small spoonfuls of the honey while pray "as this honey is sweet to me, so shall so and so be sweet towards me"..thats what i did and it helped get everything in.

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Eternal Moonlight,

I'm not Miss Aida but I asked the same question for a different reason - "Can I reopen the jar to add ingredients?" - and the general consensus, including from an old post by Cat, was that yes, as long as you open it with intention and for the purpose of strengthening your work it should be fine. If you're especially worried, one thing that helps soothe me is to do it on a day meant for love (Friday, the day of Venus), emotional healing (Monday, the day of the moon), or communication (Wednesday, the day of Mercury). whatever is closest to your intention! Planetary hours also work to the same purpose, if you can't fit a particular day into your schedule.

I hope that's helpful! Again, I'm no expert at all, but for what it's worth there's my $0.02!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:27 pm

Hello, MartKeyb56789
Yes, there is material written abut this here:
www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Look up knotted wick. Personally, I would trim it
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

MartKeyb56789

Unread post by MartKeyb56789 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 am

Thank you for the reply. I have that page bookmarked as I have used it several times in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, it really doesn't address my particular issue. The candle has since gone out, but I've just never seen a candle that left a 2.5 inch long wick after the candle has gone out. There is literally a piece of the which that is burned and completely intact. Maybe it's just a freak occurrence. I've just never seen it. Thanks! :)

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”