Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Buddha - long time helper

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
Caliban
Lucky Buddha - long time helper

Unread post by Caliban » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 pm

One of my all-time favorite Lucky Mojo acquisitions has been the Big Eared Lucky Buddha, which I have had for... I am not sure how many years, now. He lives on my car dashboard, wears a jade bead bracelet which I offered to him as a necklace, and has given me excellent luck with travel in general. I have had no accidents, no traffic tickets, made better time on road trips than I had any right to expect, and have had one flat tire in maybe ten years. I don't know if my Lucky Buddha can claim credit for all of this, but his presence has certainly not hurt!

He has not been able to offer total protection for my car, though, which has been broken into and burgled several times. However, at no time has my vehicle been damaged, nor has the car itself been stolen. No one has taken the Buddha, either. :D I don't expect any lucky piece to be able to do everything, however, and he has more than delivered on the task to which I intially assigned him - safety on the road. Especially important when I had to travel cross country several times a year, when due to multiple complications I was driving on expired tags and a suspended license without insurance! I don't recommend that - but I never had any hassles.

In addition to all of the above, this item is simply a lot of fun and always makes me smile. As advertised and highly recommended!
"You taught me language; and my profit on't is, I know how to curse." -- The Tempest, Act 1, Scene 2

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Lucky Buddha - long time helper

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks Caliban for the sincere testimony.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:45 pm

That was a great post! I love reading customer testimonials. That is a great item as well! Thank you for sharing!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:24 pm

TaoAndZen, this is most informative. I've been offering him fruit in gratitude for his help; he does a lot of the financial heavy lifting around our house.

I have a little golden Buddha carrying a big string of cash and a bag, both hanging from a peach branch over his shoulders. You can tell it's a peach branch because there are peaches on it. I've heard of "the peaches of immortality," so I believe this is another symbol of good health.

I hadn't thought of anointing the different symbols he carries with him -- that's good to know.

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Tao And Zen, thanks so much for this essay on Chinese folklore. I really enjoyed the many uses of the peach tree and its parts. I've never seen a Banyan leaf or tree except in pictures.

As you know from Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, hoodoo's only use for the peach tree (the leaf) is for school success. What a contrast :)

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”