Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Multi-Page Thread Links

Ask here for help or report problems with the Lucky Mojo Forum.
J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Multi-Page Thread Links

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Just a heads-up. Clicking the multiple page indicators on the new posts page does not take you to that page, but to page one -- just the same as if you had clicked the thread title.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Multi-Page Thread Links

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Thanks for mentioning this -- we are aware of the problem, and our site administrator (Art Roberts, a.k.a. "Forum Support") is trying to resolve the issue.
catherine yronwode

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:51 pm

I noticed the same thing with the "First unread post" link not working quite right too. It just takes you to the top of the page.

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Yes, there does appear to be a problem with the "Page X of X" link. There are other links on there that can be used while while this is being worked on.

Just to the right of the "Page X of X" link, both above and below the thread, there are buttons that will allow you to go to specific pages. Just click on the page number you want to go to.

There are also "Next" and "Previous" links at the bottom of the thread just above the quick reply box that will take you to the next or previous page in the thread.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:08 pm

I've noticed that this has improved. If you click on "page x of x" from the list of new posts, then you do continue to go to just the first page as noted, but once you are there you can click on the individual page links to navigate within that thread.

SilverStar

Link to specific page of thread doesn't work

Unread post by SilverStar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:10 am

I always encounter this problem when a thread is long enough to have several pages. When I enter a part of the forum, like Altar Tools for example, and click on the small numbers next to the thread title (for example "Protocol for offerings" is 2 pages now and I click on the number 2) it gives a 404 error. Can this be fixed?

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: Link to specific page of thread doesn't work

Unread post by nagasiva » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:31 am

Yes, this is a known issue that is already being working on.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

pixie
Forum Member

TECH HELP NEEDED: viewing individual posts found in a search

Unread post by pixie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 am

I'm having a problem viewing individual posts that come up after searching on a term. For example, I searched for any posts containing "bipolar" and returned three (the first posted by "sunnyone") within the 73 page "Working With and Disposing of Honey Jars" thread. When I click on any of those posts, I am taken back to the first post on the first page of that thread.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to get to these individual posts outside of a painstaking search through 73 pages?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: TECH HELP NEEDED: viewing individual posts found in a search

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 am

My wife and I were just lamenting this last night. I had a quick honey jar question about candle wick piles. I did a search and found 2 posts that piqued my curiosity and seemed to answer my question...alas, clicking on those posts brings you to the first post of the thread...in this case a thread that is 70 pages long!!!

Nagasiva, is there a way to fix this??

-Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:37 am

This is cat, not nagasiva, and i have not yet found a way to solve this problem. The best i know is to notice the DATE of the post i want and then to rummage through the pages looking at the top date on each page until i circle in on the date range and then on the exact date and post i am looking for.

I KNOW there is a way to program this into our software, but i am not a developer and although i have asked many times for tech help, i have so far been unable to find a developer who can handle this and the other tech problems we know exist in the software.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:55 pm

THANK YOU, Cat! I can't believe I hadn't thought of that! That will make it much easier to find the post actually! Until it gets "fixed" this will do nicely! Thanks again for the help!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

euphemia
Forum Member

Unread post by euphemia » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:45 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:This is cat, not nagasiva, and i have not yet found a way to solve this problem. The best i know is to notice the DATE of the post i want and then to rummage through the pages looking at the top date on each page until i circle in on the date range and then on the exact date and post i am looking for.

I KNOW there is a way to program this into our software, but i am not a developer and although i have asked many times for tech help, i have so far been unable to find a developer who can handle this and the other tech problems we know exist in the software.
Oh...darn. What a good idea. I hadn't thought of that either.

I just ran into that problem myself. I was searching the honey jar thread -- which is now a whopping 101+ pages long. Eek!

babygirl
Forum Member

Unread post by babygirl » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi, I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this, but I am having problems sending PM's. It says they were sent, but they never leave my outbox and I am not getting replies, and I know they would have replied. If there is anyone that can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 am

babygirl wrote:Hi, I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this, but I am having problems sending PM's. It says they were sent, but they never leave my outbox and I am not getting replies, and I know they would have replied. If there is anyone that can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!
If a pm is in your outbox it means the person you sent it to has not opened it yet. It was sent,just not read.

babygirl
Forum Member

Unread post by babygirl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Ooooo. Ok thank you.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice
Broken Mechanics with the Website

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:37 pm

I have noticed something broken in the navigation of the forums.

When attempting to go to the most recent page of a large thread, and clicking the "Newest Post" or newest page number links. Instead of going to that newest page, you are taken to page 1, the oldest page. Once here you then try to click on the latest page, but instead only skip about 4 or 5 pages at a time. This makes for hard navigating when doing this in a thread with more than 100 pages.

Getting this fixed would be a huge thing for me personally, since I do a lot of time responding to and going to posts in these large threads.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

Pwincess Buttacwup
Forum Member

Unread post by Pwincess Buttacwup » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:24 am

I too experience the same technical problems as everyone has voiced on this thread. Plus, clicking on "Jump to Post" or "x of x post" doesn't do anything for me. They still take me back to page 1. If searching for the desired post via Google, it either returns no results, or it does but clicking on the result still brings me back to page 1.

It looks like this thread was last active over a year ago. Has anyone since discovered any clever workarounds to this glitch? I'd love to hear it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:02 pm

I have no clue!
But, if you find a way to do it, let me know!!!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Forum Technical Help”