Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week

emuse86
Best day to do a reconciliation Honey Jar?

Unread post by emuse86 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 pm

I have a rather urgent reconciliation issue that needs to be addressed this week. I have missed out on the Monday start day and was wondering if Wednesday was a suitable day to start a reconciliation honey jar with pink candles (I know Fridays are best). I know that honey jars can be slow to start but the quicker I can get this going the better (I am traveling on Friday and I'm hoping to start the cycle of positive energy for my destination). Also - is it okay to begin a reconciliation honey jar during the waning moon? And lastly, I only have a piece of worn clothing from the person, no hair, is that a suitable alternative? Any advice would be much appreciated.

hypnos
Tuesday or Saturday for revenge work?

Unread post by hypnos » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:20 pm

I plan on doing a job found in the Esoteric Archive to get back at those who speak ill of a friend. I am not sure whether to do it in the days/hours of Mars or Saturn. Both these days will happen during the waning moon (I usually care about these things).

MarkiMark1776

Can the Timing of a spell kit be changed?

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:23 am

Hello,

I purchased a Van Van spell kit that I really want to being. I had it for about 3 months. I opened it to read the instructions, but did not open or use any of the supplies yet. The only thing that is preventing me from starting the spell kit is timing. It says to being on a Friday, when the moon is waxing. However, I've been dealing with some matters in my personal life that have kept me from doing the van van kit. I missed that last waxing Friday moon of September, and would have to wait about 3 weeks to begin the spell . I want to begin this spell As Soon As Possible because I'm in a dead end job that I need to get out of and have been suffering from bad luck for years in the career/job search department. Can I begin the Van Van kit during any moon phase on any day? Will that affect how successful the kit will be? I have other spells I want to begin such as Steady Work and Money Drawing kits, but I'm under the impression that I have to do the Van Van first to clear my way so that the other spell kits can work more effectively.

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Can the Timing of a spell kit be changed?

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Im sure many with experience will chime in here but I beleive they have said many follow correspondences but they also will do a working when its needed rather then waiting. Would it help to aligne yes, does it mean it wont be successfull if you dont? no. Have you had a reading and thought about working with a professional to get an oppinion on teh situation. Along with cleansing you, you should also clean the home and do so regularly.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Can the Timing of a spell kit be changed?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:33 pm

I agree with j82-Conjure is a tradition where we do the work as needed-that means in an emergency situation you do what you need to do. With that said, planetary & lunar timing can really augment the work you are doing. Starting on a Friday for instance even if the moon is not in the right phase is preferable to say, starting it on a Tuesday. Starting at dawn as the sun is rising on a Friday can give even more power to the working-so while you can get it started when you need to, you may also find a way to time it well even if its not "perfect."
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Rocky21
Re: Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week

Unread post by Rocky21 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 am

I am planning on doing a Boss Fix Honey Jar. I was wondering if I could start it today Saturday Oct 20th. Should I go ahead and begin it at anytime today.

Or what days of the week Should I start it. Based on the Posts it looks like Saturday's is the day for work related spells, is that correct? because it's also the dark work too.

I'm confused. Please help.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Rocky21,

there are a number of ways of working and days of the week is just one of them. For work-related issues there are a few different days that can suit depending on the angle you're working. Saturday is good if you're seeking justice for having been treated badly - if you just want to generally improve work relationships, Wednesday is good for communications and travel-related jobs while Thursday is great for improving your conditions, pay and respect.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student
Spell Begin During Waxing & End During Wanning

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

I have often wondered the normal protocol of beginning work during the end of a waxing moon (say with 2-3 days left in the cycle) for drawing work which will coincide with the work ending during the waning moon. I want to start candle work on Thursday, which will only give me a few days before the moon is waning, so the work will finish during the waning moon. How does this affect the drawing work?

Thanks!!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Spell Begin During Waxing & End During Wanning

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Priestess Divine wrote:I have often wondered the normal protocol of beginning work during the end of a waxing moon (say with 2-3 days left in the cycle) for drawing work which will coincide with the work ending during the waning moon. I want to start candle work on Thursday, which will only give me a few days before the moon is waning, so the work will finish during the waning moon. How does this affect the drawing work? Thanks!!
Days of the week and phases of the moon do not always synch up. Choose which is more important to you. Personally, I find days of the week easier, and they don't require as long a wait to do work. Of course, not everyone works with various timing methods, just working when there is a need.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Here is a Days of the Week list with some product recommendations. I will be adding to this, so if you are interested in this method of timing, check back:

Sunday (Sun) -
Success, fame, growth, warmth, healing, wealth, men, yellow, gold.
Crown of Success, Healing, Nature

Monday (Moon) -
Dreams, visions, psychic power, divination, home, family, women, black, white, silver.
Peaceful Home, House Blessing, Money House Blessing, Money Stay with Me, Dixie Love, Adam and Eve, Stay at Home, Stay With Me, Marriage, Psychic Vision, Aunt Sally's Lucky Dream, Spirit Guide

Tuesday (Mars) -
Courage, power, energy, war, victory over enemies, red, iron, steel.
Victory, Crucible of Courage, Power, Essence of Bendover, Fiery Wall of Protection, Hot Foot, Run Devil Run

Wednesday (Mercury) -
Communication, writing, messages, travel, trickery, gambling, luck, removing obstacles, orange, lavender, multi-color.
Road Opener, Clarity, Black Cat, Van Van, Safe Travel, Good Luck

Thursday (Jupiter) -
Wealth, power, business, status, success, luck, knowledge, expansion, purple, blue.
Wealthy Way, Crown of Success, Prosperity, Influence, Commanding, Do as I Say, King Solomon Wisdom

Friday (Venus) -
Love, sex, romance, beauty, luxury, money, green, pink, copper.
Love Me, Cleo May, Bewitching, Money Drawing, Attraction, Look Me Over, Come to Me, Follow Me Boy, Follow Me Girl, Chuparrosa, Wealthy Way

Saturday (Saturn) -
Work, limitations, structure, obstacles, death, black, grey.
Steady Work, Law Keep Away, Court Case, Destruction, Compelling, Stop Gossip, Cut and Clear, Boss Fix

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks Mama Micki! That is a pretty detailed list you have provided. VERY USEFUL! I have never seen it broken down like that. Thank you for taking the time to type this up. I am copying and pasting into my "notes" file in a moment. Many blessings to you.
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

What a neat list, Mama Micki! Very useful indeed.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

more rainbows

Unread post by more rainbows » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Is there any best day off the week for uncrossing or jinx removing?

Lady Tatsu
Newly Registered

Unread post by Lady Tatsu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

I was reading through the Black Folder, going over the information on Honey Jars. On p45 it tells you to burn a candle on your jar every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I was wondering why those days in particular?
Thank you for the help and information!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:04 am

Hi Lady Tatsu,
Keep in mind that not every honey jar would be worked on those days, but it is a popular combo for working honey jars. The reason behind this is that Mondays (associated with the moon) is a good day for family, fidelity, femininity and marriage affairs. Wednesday (Mercury) is excellent for communication and swift action. Friday is associated with Venus and is auspicious for all affairs of Love. Mama Micki's list about 4 posts up is also a good reference list to consult.

Hi more rainbows,
Sunday is a good day as it brings in blessings and health. If possible, work by the waning moon to remove the unwanted conditions.
Aura Laforest

stargirl

Days to do Candle Magick

Unread post by stargirl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Are there any days that are 'unwise' to start candle magick? I read somewhere
that Tuesdays and Saturdays were 'bad' days to start a candle if you wanted
to 'bring in something' to you. Any thoughts on that?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Days to do Candle Magick

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Good Evening Stargirl,
Some root workers go by the hands of the clock. Others don't.
Some root workers use planetary influences. Other don't.
Some root workers use days of the week. Others don't
Some root workers use moon phases. Others don't.
I suggest that you go to the search box in the upper right hand corner.
In the dark green area, there's a white search box.
Search: timing. Search days of the week. Search timing planetary. Search moon phases.
Then, make your own decisions about when to cast a spell.
I personally would not use Tuesdays or Saturdays to bring in love, money, etc. BUT if it were an emergency, I do whatever I can and negate all suggestions. But, that's just me.
Read through the forum. You'll learn A LOT!
Enjoy!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Days to do Candle Magick

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Please read through this thread. It includes a list I made indicating which work is appropriate for each day of the week.

spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... 51473bb951

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:12 am

Hi stargirl,

I've merged your post into the thread referred to by Mama Micki.
Aura Laforest

Littlestar

Justice enemy work day

Unread post by Littlestar » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Can you do Justice work not court work Justice work on an enemy on Mondays
Or would you do justice work on same day as crossing work tuesday or saturdays

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Re: Justice enemy work day

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:35 am

Littlestar wrote:Can you do Justice work not court work Justice work on an enemy on Mondays
Or would you do justice work on same day as crossing work tuesday or saturdays
I'd prefer Tuesday or Saturday. You can do justice work on Mondays, of course, if you can't wait any longer; but choosing the right day of the week adds focus and power.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

patientlywaiting
Re: Planetary influence

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Mama Micki wrote:An easy way to work with planetary influences is to use the days of the week.
Here's a quick list:
Sunday (Sun) - Success, fame, healing, wealth, men
Monday (Moon) - Dreams, visions, psychic power, home, family, women
Tuesday (Mars) - Courage, power, energy, war, victory over enemies
Wednesday (Mercury) - Communication, messages, trickery, gambling, removing obstacles
Thursday (Jupiter) - Wealth, power, luck, knowledge, expansion
Friday (Venus) - Love, sex, beauty, luxury, money
Saturday (Saturn) - Work, limitations, obstacles

There are also deities, saints, angels, colors, numbers, herbs, etc. that correspond with each planet.

THIS. I have been searching everywhere for this

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Alright, so I will be making a honey jar and dressing the candle with come to me and follow me boy before I light it.Since I want to bring this person back into my life, I plan on doing this around 12:30 tonight- technically Friday. I will wear some green socks lol.Am I missing anything? I have his hair and mine and will be working this until my red skull candle and other goodies arrive next week.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Patientlywaiting,
Many of us wont start new spells when mercury is in Retrograde.
Otherwise, the spells sound good
Take care
patientlywaiting wrote:Alright, so I will be making a honey jar and dressing the candle with come to me and follow me boy before I light it.Since I want to bring this person back into my life, I plan on doing this around 12:30 tonight- technically Friday. I will wear some green socks lol.Am I missing anything? I have his hair and mine and will be working this until my red skull candle and other goodies arrive next week.
HRCC Graduate #1631

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks and I literally had my jaw drop when I realized MR was occurring- my days have been kind of a dizzy blur, I realized today that the huge blowup causing me to cast this spell to begin with started on the 7th- the first day of MR.

yuri

Unread post by yuri » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:26 am

Good day all,

I would like to just add to the topic.

I have recently started doing all my work with the planets (about 4 months now). I work at sunrise and during the day when possible at the hour of the planets. I have made time for my workings at the hours that are specified and I have had great success with the planets thus far in my business. I also work with the moon phases which to me give a lot of support to the working...

I have made my first order from LM and I am super excited to start full on workings with the planets. I am making a wooden talisman for each planet by engraving the seal etc. on it. I love working with them first thing in the morning. Since I have started doing hoodoo, I find that the morning time and the high noon time is the best for me, since the workings are moving during the day with me while I work...

I suppose in the end it is a matter of to each his own, what may work for one may not work for another due to life and time constraints. But I believe that to get the best out of this you need be dedicated and love what you do........ :D

Thank you Jupiter...

patientlywaiting

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for this post! I am new to all of this so any new way to try something always piques my interest!

MarkiMark1776

Wednesday vs. Saturday for Uncrossing spells

Unread post by MarkiMark1776 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading contradictory information about the proper day to cast an Uncrossing spell. Most sources online say that Saturdays are the best day to do work regarding removing obstacles, jinxes, etc. But in some spell/correspondence books and other online sources, it states that Wednesdays are the best day to do this kind of work. I know that an Uncrossing spell should be cast as soon as possible and timing doesn't always have to be taken into account, but since my supplies won't arrive for another few weeks, I have time to choose the proper timing of it. So what is the proper day to cast an Uncrossing spell, Wednesday or Saturday?

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Wednesday vs. Saturday for Uncrossing spells

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:25 pm

If it was me I would do it as soon as it comes in.. why live crossed up waiting for a specific day? I thought of saturday as a cursing day personally. Waning moon to take things away. You are getting focused on the wrong thing, who cares about a day when you are cursed! I would also add that a good ol house cleaning should be done as well. One reason you may read contradictory information is that many people were taught different ways to do things, its not that its contradicting you just were not taught as they were. A person who uses saturday energy to cast off evil may be significantly different then a person who uses weds energies.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Wednesday vs. Saturday for Uncrossing spells

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello, MarkiMark1776 ,
Saturday and Tuesday.
Here is the webpage that Miss cat wrote regarding this.
http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html
I am also moving and merging this to the appropriate subforum. Please read the posts there also.
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:25 am

Hi, all! There are two minor changes in my circumstances that are affecting the timing of my spell work, (simultaneous love and break up work) and I wanted to run them by you for ideas.

1) Time of Day: I cannot work at dawn for love-drawing.

First, I've started a medication that makes it difficult to get up at dawn to do love work. Second, there is a minor issue with my room mate: The smell of candles bothers him. That leads me to wanting to do the majority of work when he's not around, so either during the day on weekdays while he's at work or late at night when he's asleep.

For these reasons I'm effectively losing mornings to work in, which is a blow to my love work.

2) Is time of day really important; isn't intent more important?

Do you think doing love drawing work at night is less effective than the afternoon, or is the difference determined largely by intent?

3) Planetary Symbolism: I cannot work on Saturdays against my enemy in a breakup spell.

Because my room mate is home on the weeends, I am also losing Saturdays, which is a blow to my breakup work. Working solely at night isn't as big a constraint. I actually feel most powerful and focused at night, even for love work. But losing Saturday for the breakup work is tough. I work my sugar jar on M, W, and F, but now I only have Tu for breakup.

I've read through this thread and others that lead me to believe as long as my intention is strong I can use another day - but which other day?

4) Planetary Symbolism: Can I substitute another week day by "subverting" its planetary symbolism?

Thursday feels awkward - since it's a money day I tend to use it for wishing financial success on the relationship I want, but could I use it to wish financial curses on the relationship I want to break up? Can one subvert planetary influence in intent during the spell that way (I.e. Wednesdays for promoting communication in love work AND creating misunderstanding in curse/breakup work)?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 am

ravenmaven: One other option is to look into another practitioner or worker doing the work for you, if the appropriate times cannot be met. I suggest looking into this if it is a possible option for your continued work.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:54 am

Ravenmaven,

It is not uncommon to do work when you can or need to. But if you select a system of timing, you should abide by it.

That being said if you cant do work in the morning then do it when you can.

Not all workers use the planetary days of the week, some use the moon and its sign its in to do work.

There are many ways to adapt the work and still use the planets. For instance, you could work by a chart of classical planetary hours. Look this up on the web.

Some people use the hands on a clock to time their work, having the hands drop they do negative or sending away work, and the hands rising while they do drawing or prosperity work.

How are these all "a blow to" your work?

With a look at it like that it seems the days of the week not the spirit of the work and the natural herbs is doing all the work here! Why cant you burn the candle on Thursday and do your other work. It's not uncommon to have different works going at different times on separate work spaces.

As for intent, yes that is important as natural talent and the connection with the spirit of the work. Praying and getting that prayer answered. I work mostly in the afternoon as well, mainly because I work super early and I feel more energized in the afternoon.

Tradition is the morning because the sun is rising on you so its bringing it to you.

Not sure if I helped at all with your question.

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank you, Joseph! Sadly I don't have the budget to have a practitioner do work on my behalf, but I'll definitely keep that in mind.

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:10 am

And ...

5) How crucial is it not to skip days?

I fully intended to do intense breakup spell work today but I got hit by really bad fatigue and wasn't able to work, let alone do spell work.

If I do the work at midnight tomorrow(Wednesday as it becomes Thursday), and additionally on Thursday at midnight (as it becomes Friday), would that be appropriate?

I could tailor the wording to emphasize miscommunication on Wednesday, and pray over it for success in my aims on Thursday.

Unless you think I should just wait for next week? :/

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:03 am

Dear ravenmaven,

You are engaged in so much "special pleading" that you are fighting your own work at this point. Based on my experience with black American folk magic and its effectiveness in achieving a break-up at the same time as a love spell, i think you are wandering away from your focus on the work.

1) Time of Day: I cannot work at dawn for love-drawing.

If you cannot work at dawn to draw in love, you have lost a powerful natural ally, the Sun. You will be working without the energy of the rising Sun. Is your little intent to get your lover back stronger than the intent of the Sun, which holds our entire solar system in check and rises in our sight every morning like clockwork, as predictable as the play of light and shadow and the seasons its north-south movements mark? I doubt it. I'd guess at a bet that the sun is a whole lot stronger than you. It is in recognition of the power, majesty, and regularity of the rising of the Sun that we work at dawn to draw love. We harness our small human energies to this greater, larger energy, like plugging our weak little cell phone into the big electrical grid to charge it.

2) Is time of day really important; isn't intent more important?

Yes, in the practice of hoodoo folk magic, time of day is "really important." I am not speaking here for other folk magic systems, only for conjure.

I am not saying that as a rootworker you cannot work "against the Sun," or that in hoodoo all magical work must be done "with the Sun" to be effective.

I am saying that if you, as a root worker or spiritual practitioner, wish to take the Sun into consideration, then the Sun must be accepted as the one who sets YOUR time, not vice versa, because the Sun works for you every day, with a will and power that sustains your very life. Think of it, before you were born and got your intentions together and after you die and your intentions are but memories, the Sun will still be rising every morning at dawn.

So let us weigh that against your intent.

"As the Sun rises in the East =(inexorably, inevitably, daily, with dignity, with life-sustaining power, with unstoppable force)= bring my lover back to me!"

Compare that to --

"When my room mate is asleep, bring my lover back to me!"

The latter prayer might better be performed without ANY timing aspects. Certainly excusing your timing as being due to your room mate is weak and self-defeating. Your intent is seen as less than your room mate's. You will not build up much magical force that way.

So either work according to the timing you want, or don't work by that system of timing.

Working according to your room mate's timing is folly.

3) Planetary Symbolism: I cannot work on Saturdays against my enemy in a breakup spell.

Saturday is the day devoted to stern, lawful, restrictive, gloomy, dark, powerful Saturn. If you cannot bring that type of energy to bear on the work in alliance with that planet, then it would be better to abandon excuse-making about it. Saturn is the law-giver. We work with Saturn against enemies to enforce natural law; it is especially effective when a transgressor have broken up a legitimate marriage.

4) Planetary Symbolism: Can I substitute another week day by "subverting" its planetary symbolism?

This is a ridiculously narcissistic notion. You are going to try to "subvert" the energy of Jupiter, the gigantic hot gas ball of expansive, generous, enlarging, benevolent financial energy and seek thundering Jupiter's alliance as you "wish financial curses on the relationship [you] want to break up"? HAHAHAHA. You think you are bigger than Jupiter, that you can "subvert" Jupiter? Oh, child, don't. Just don't.

5) How crucial is it not to skip days?

The reason we work in a pattern of days is to demonstrate, by our oaths and vows, the imposition of our will upon the fabric of the days and of time. For those days -- be it three or seven days, or a week's work of days, or a year's worth of Sundays, our intentions are fixed to a purpose and by our focus and faithfulness to our intent, we seek to bring the larger world into conformity of our will. For those times we assume the grandeur and power of an entity as strong and regular as the Moon or the Sun, or a force as mighty and regular as the tides or the seasons.

If we "skip a day," we fail. That is all. We fail to manifest a simple power of regular repetition that even a dog can manifest when it wakes you up every morning asking to be let out to pee.

When you "skip a day," where will your dog pee? On the rug. Oops. The dog "made a mistake." And so do you when you "skip a day" in your spell work. Now clean up the mess and start over.

I hope this helps.
catherine yronwode

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Thank you for your insight, Cat! Incorporating many different approaches from the forum to my practice is delightful but also sometimes overwhelming, so strong opinions help me recalibrate.

I'll admit, I'm getting decent to really great results from my love work regardless of the way my practical concerns get in the way of scheduling. I made a reconciliation sugar jar that worked almost instantly, which was a huge surprise to me, and I was only able to burn candles and pray over it at night rather than at dawn, so I'm reluctant to start the jars over if I'm getting movement from them. I'll look into it, though, anything (within reason) to make my work stronger!

But I'm totally fine starting my breakup work over. I was already going to, and other rootworkers encouraged me to keep working with my current jars until my new order of ingredients arrives from LM.

That being said, I thrive more on consistency in general, so I'll try to work something out with my room mate. (Maybe I can burn candles when he's out, but pray over them at dawn?) My spell work is important, but not getting kicked out of my apartment is also important. :P

And no matter how fatigued I am or out of it due to my medication I won't skip days in the future, even if it's just to give the vinegar jars a good shake! Actually, by that metric I haven't really been skipping days at all, I just don't always have the health to burn candles and pray, because I use a lot of energy when I do.

Perhaps the key here is to try a different method of timing, since the mundane aspects of my life seem to be in conflict with day of the week work? Should I try going by hands of the clock instead?

I will try to follow your advice to the letter, inasmuch as my circumstances (health, room mate) allow! Thank you for your time!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello, ravenmaven,

To answer your last question, that would be up to you.

See what works for you and what doesn't. Maybe even get yourself a notebook and write down your spell timing and what was successful and what wasn't.

Wishing you the best
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:07 am

Thank you so much, Miss Aida! You're always so encouraging.

I've started keeping a spell work journal and I'll make a note to try different techniques in regard to timing. I think I'll try to go with planetary hours as well as days. That affords me a little more flexibility and other rootworkers seem to have lots of success with them, and when I started working I felt a lot of power drawing from them.

Miss Cat, I am a little confused about what you said regarding skipping days, and what I meant by subverting planetary influences.

1. Obviously it's not ideal that I can't work every day, but one AIRR rootworker I hired for a reading and advice told me it was all right to gradually do less work (I.e. breakup work every day, then every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, then every Tuesday and Saturday, then every Saturday).

A. Does that also conflict with "skipping days"?

B. I always do intensive love work at least once a week and breakup work at least once a week, and I shake my sugar and vinegar jars every day. As a baseline, is that okay? I'd obviously prefer to work every day, but until I also need to adjust to my medication and work and all that boring everyday stuff. :P

2. The same rootworker told me that since my breakup work needs more oomph, I could tailor my prayers to certain days - specifically to burn candles on Wednesday and pray to impede communication and Thursday to pray to Jupiter to ensure my success. They said Wednesday and Thursday are more "neutral" than Monday and Friday, which are more love and healing oriented, and Tuesday and Saturday, which are curse oriented, and so I could do both love and curse work on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't want to contradict what you said, I'm just trying to clarify it for myself so I can set a schedule. :D

Thank you again!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:08 am

Ravenmaven, what is striking me about both of your posts here is your lack of familiarity. You don't seem to quite understand the notion of "timing" in hoodoo. Hoodoo is not just a set of spells, it is part of a spiritual practice deeply tied to culture. Similarly you show a lack of familiarity in regards to what exactly the planetary associations of the days of the week are.

You are confused about "skipping days." What you are not getting is that when you commit to doing work for a certain timeframe be it 3, 7, 13, 21 days or more you are making making an oath that you keep. You are working in repetition to build enough power to enforce your will onto the very fabric of life. When I tell a client that they need to do bathing work for 13 days every day at dawn and they commit to it, but then come back and say one day they were just too tired and did it at night. This tells me that they lack the will power to overcome their own fatigue much less their condition. If you lack the will power to see through waking up and doing work then how on earth do you expect your will to change reality? If you lack the strength over your own weaknesses and doubts you cannot hope to succeed against the much larger forces of life.

This has absolutely nothing to do with ending the work or "winding down." This is completely different. Sooner or later most work comes to an end. If I commit to doing work for 21 days and stop at the end of that, I am not skipping the work, I am merely bringing the work to its natural conclusion. If you commit yourself to working in a certain fashion for a dedicated period of time and you cannot see that through for whatever reason, that is a problem.

Timing comes down to drawing upon the natural power of the forces of nature and building power by repetition and invoking the timing symbolism you are working with.

In regards to planetary associations you are confused too. There is nothing "neutral" about Jupiter which rules Thursday. Jupiter is quite literally known as the Greater Benefic in astrology. Working with the planetary associations of the days of the week has nothing to do with subverting, it has everything to do with invoking the power of the celestial bodies whose movement and force are like the tides of the sea. You learn how to ride the tide to draw upon its natural awesomeness. You can't over rationalize the tide.

A quick understanding of those days:

Sunday-Ruled by the Sun which rules matters of fame, success, joy, healing, family, and personal growth
Monday-Ruled by the Moon which rules matters of emotion, healing, family, psychism, the tides, dreams, and visions.
Tuesday-Ruled by Mars which rules matters of war, conflict, destruction, strength, vitality, and competition
Wed-Ruled by Mercury which rules matters of business, transaction, communication, travel, luck, and learning
Thursday-Ruled by Jupiter which rules matters of success, justice, religion, authority, prosperity, higher education, and growth
Friday-Ruled by Venus which rules matters of love, sex, fecundity, fertility, as well as luxury
Saturday-Ruled by Saturn which rules matters of time, discipline, punishment, restriction, old age, and death

To work with these forces you do not "subvert" them. You need to understand how to work with them. For example, you can do work on Wed in order to bring luck, to improve communication, or to open roads. On the other hand Mercury as a trickster can also be called upon to make those roads and communication difficult. This is what your rootworker likely meant. If you want to attack someone's finances then you work with Saturday the day of restriction, not with Thursday which is about growth and prosperity.

What I see you doing is you are stretching your thinking in order to accommodate *your* situation rather than learning how to tap into these forces through understanding. If you can't time your work then fine work by need alone. But don't try to stretch and mangle the meanings just to rationalize your situation. Over thinking is a killer here.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 am

ravenmaven,

1) SKIPPING MEANS SKIPPING. If your doctor says "Take this medication every 4 hours and you skip a dose, that's BAD. Why, because you don't retain enough of the medication in your system and the illness may come back. But if your doctor says take one pill every 24 hours and you do so, that's GOOD. Why, because that's all you need in you to keep the work of healing going on. The frequency was set differently and you did not "skip" three 4-hour intervals; you took the pill every 24 hours.

A. Setting an adjusted schedule with a reduced frequency over time is not the same as "skipping days." Say you grew up in a house with an old fashioned oven that had to be cleaned once a week or it got full of gunk. Now they have self-cleaning (so-called) ovens and you only have to clean them once a month. You are not "skipping" three weeks of cleaning -- you have set your frequency to once-a-month cleaning.

If it was unclear above, let me explain again in terms of medications, by analogy. Think of a three-times a week regimen (Monday - Wednesday - Friday) as three doses of medication in the week. If you skipped Monday, you skipped a dose of medication. Setting a weekly schedule (every Friday, for instance) is NOT the same as "skipping a day," because if you set a once-a-week schedule, you would have to skip an entire WEEK (one Friday) to have "skipped a day." Likewise, if you set a once-a-month schedule (the first Sunday of the month, for instance), you would have to have skipped an entire month to have "skipped a day."

Get it?

B. I am not talking about a "baseline" of daily work and until now, neither have you been doing so. This topic is not about how OFTEN you do what you do, it is about effectively working with Planetary forces as exemplified through the days of the week. See the thread title.

I think this is the source of our communication problems -- you do not seem to fully engage with the idea of planetary forces. Shaking up a spell once a day is a DAILY event; it is working by the TIME OF DAY. This thread is about Planetary influences, the aid and assistance you may receive from the rulers of the seven sacred planets, represented in some cultures (such as ancient Greek and Roman religions) by seven deities and in other cultures (including Judaism and Zoroastrianism) by the seven Archangels. There is another thread about timing by time of day.

2. Wednesday and Thursday are not "neutral." That is foolishness. I think you misunderstood. Yes, there are days that are "neutral" with regard to specific petitions or desires, but that does not make their days ipso facto "neutral days."

I think you are all up in your own little work of break up and love, and you are not seeing the big picture of how planetary energies actually are employed in magic.

Every planet is supportive of a given range of petitions. Every planet is oppositional to a given range of petitions. Every planet is neutral to a given range of petitions. Let me explain by using a few samples.

A. Say you are man who has no children and you are an honest gambler or a crooked gambler or a thief. In all three cases, your planet would therefore be Mercury and your best day Wednesday. You might also want to target Thursday, dedicated to wealthy Jupiter. The night from Wednesday going into Thursday would be a good time to do magical work supportive of your career. But Monday is the day of the Moon. It is watery, female, dedicated to the womb and to sailors at sea. You have no interest in that and none of that going on in your life. With respect to your work, therefore, Monday is a "neutral" day.

B. Okay, now flip the script. Say you are a woman who is pregnant and you are also a oceanographic sailor and you live on the sea. What day do you work? Why, Monday, of course! Monday is not at all "neutral" to YOUR cause. And Tuesday? Totally off your map and "neutral" to your cause.

Do you see?

The statement you made that "Tuesday and Saturday [are] curse oriented" is shorthand, and, in terms of teaching newcomers, it is too short and too abbreviated to help them learn. Let me unpack it for you:

Tuesday is Mars-day -- War, curses of fire and sword, the hammer blow, the striking fists!

Saturday is Saturn-day -- Darkness, gloom, depression, restriction, binding.

Yes, those represent two kinds of curses -- but they are NOT by any means the same.

Also, Tuesday rules blood. You can work to heal blood diseases on Tuesday, and healing is not a curse.

Likewise, Saturday rules control of growth. You can work to restrict the growth of cancerous diseases on Saturday. And that is not a curse.

I hope this helps you clarify your thinking about the planets and the days of the week.
catherine yronwode

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:41 pm

That was VERY helpful, thank you so much! My apologies for any misunderstanding or mangling of practices. For what it's worth I really am seeing movement, so I know I'm doing okay - but I do tend to overthink things, as demonstrated! Guidance is much appreciated, thank you CMA and Miss Cat!

The bit about planetary influences being "neutral" in regard to *certain petitions or intentions* clarified SO MUCH for me, thank you for that, I've already taken notes in my spell work journal!

CMA, do you think given my current (and hopefully temporary) chronic fatigue and medical conditions it might be better to set twice-weekly goals of candle burning and do extra work when I can?

Miss Cat, while it's not ideal, my medication timing prevents me from getting up at dawn like I used to for love work. If I work at night, will that undermine my prayers because they fall outside of traditional timing?

As for the curse work, I'm reconciled to beginning the breakup work anew. I'll deploy the current jars as soon as I have what I need to make a new one.

In your estimation, if I'm seeing decent movement - but not SPECTACULAR movement - on my sugar jar and love doll, should I start those over? My gut says no - I feel bad about skipping days on it, but I have put a lot of energy into them and they're quietly responsive. But I defer to you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

ravenmaven,

Working by the time of day and clock hands has its own topic thread. I have written there extensively and i do not wish to digress into that topic in this thread on planetary influences. Please read that thread for more responses to your question, and if you have further questions, ask in that thread. Thanks.
catherine yronwode

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Will do!

ravenmaven

Unread post by ravenmaven » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I just wanted to say, thank you CMA and CY for steering me right earlier! I'm on a new medication that gives me a lot more energy, and I've streamlined my spell work so I do breakup work FOR SURE at least once a week and love work for sure at least once a week. I think I will see much better movement and outcomes now, especially in my breakup work once I start the jar anew!

Blessings!

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am

What's the best day for the blessing weight loss mojo bag? I've already done it on Saturday because Saturn is supposed to deal with losing things and getting rid of things. Is that the best day? I wonder if Sunday, Tuesday, or Friday are best, Sunday because of blessings and health, Tuesday because of athleticism, and Friday because of beauty.
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:03 am

Hello Luckbewithme876,

Any of the days you mention would work fine for the reasons you mentioned though I think Saturday would work better than the rest. Part of this kind of depends on how you plan to work with the weight loss. If you plan to do it through portion control than maybe Saturday, If you plan to workout a lot than maybe Tuesday. Sunday is good for about any positive working in my book. But for just general weight loss and or a multi-pronged approach to doing it I would work it on a Saturday.

Peace~

Nathen

venusblue

Doll Babies for Love and Healing

Unread post by venusblue » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:55 pm

I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong forum, as it's a question about doll babies but also about moon phases. I got my herbs from lucky mojo, and have put the herbs and most of the other stuff I am using in, when I'm ready to seal it up I'll put the remaining herbs and papers I wrote. I feel like I should do this tomorrow, on Friday, despite the whole Mercury Retrograde because I think I should start working the doll before my husband has the meeting with his old boss about a job that would probably be the end of any reconciliation. But I know tomorrow is the new moon and was curious as to any thoughts anyone might have about that? I do tend to consider moon phases and astrology quite a bit in general in my life, but my gut tells me this is too important to fret too much about it this time.

I'm trying to take a step back and not get too caught up, I'm worried that the stress of being in such a difficult place in life right now is mucking up my thinking.

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate
Re: Doll Babies for Love and Healing

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi VenusBlue,
Typically in Hoodoo, you do the work when you need it rather than wait for astrologically auspicious occasions. Sometimes things just can't wait that long, but of course if you have the moment then seize it.

Timing in hoodoo follows one of several patterns:
* Moon cycles - waxing moon for anything you want to increase, waning moon to decrease
* hands of the clock - the hands of the clock in a downward motion (hands between 12 and 6 on the right side of the clockface) for things you want to get rid of and in an upward motion for things you want to increase (hands between 6 and 12 or the left side of the clock face)
* Moon in the signs - this is probably derived from the farmer's almanac regarding planting by the signs, but corresponding with the rulership of the signs.
* Other astrological phenomenon - while this may not have been as common, traditional rootworkers often knew about and had access to astrological charts and ephemeris.
* Days of the week - for instance doing money work on Friday. This could be because of the rulership of the day by Venus or the simple fact that most people got paid on Fridays.
* Rising and setting sun - not so much a timing as a direction, but to bring something to you, throw it toward the rising sun. To get rid of it (e.g., an uncrossing bath) toss it toward the setting sun (west).

I'm sure there are others, but most of these can be leveraged within a day or two or even during the day to help boost your work.

Best of luck.
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

venusblue

Unread post by venusblue » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:24 am

ProfessorAmes,

Wonderful information, thank you very much.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello, venusblue,

You hit the jackpot with this answer!

Professor Ames is an Astrologer !!!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

crazycatlady
HRCC Student

Best day to start spell with multiple intents?

Unread post by crazycatlady » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:55 pm

I understand which days of the week are the best to start different types of spells. My question is, what if I were doing a single spell with more than one intention? For example, a come to me or love spell with a break up using figural candles. I know that a love spell should be done on a Friday and break up spells can be done on a Tuesday or Saturday. Another example: I am considering a success/failure spell between two people using figural candles: a white figural candle dressed with Crown of Success and I Can, You Can't oil along with a black figural candle of the other person dressed with Jinx and Confusion oil. A success spell should be done on a Sunday, whereas a jinx or curse should be done on a Saturday. Should I choose the day of which intent is more important? The love aspect is the primary intent, so should I start the work on a Friday? As for the latter spell, it is more important to me for that certain person to win, so should I start that spell on a Sunday?

Shaunlaveau

Re: Best day to start spell with multiple intents?

Unread post by Shaunlaveau » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:42 am

Hi,

Personally when it comes to spell that have many desired effects, I would suggest that you spread the work out over the course of several days. For example If I was going to do a break up I would use a seven knob candle for the break up part and on the last day of the seven knob I do the come to me ritual. So it probably best that when workings like that arise you spread them over several days.

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Best day to start spell with multiple intents?

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:09 am

crazycatlady ,

It is not uncommon to work to spells at the same time one to repeal and one to draw. IF doing break up and its a moving candle from one to a new person then I would do friday. If doing two different jobs then start on the respective day, or you can do one on friday during the rising sun to draw the love and the other on the sunset to take the love away.. both use friday both use the planetary influence and the sun but in a different way to effect the work.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello, crazycatlady ,

Just for a change of thought (as rootworkers do things differently), I would start my break up on Saturday then slowly move the target toward you. By Friday, his candle and your candle would merge..

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Classy

Unread post by Classy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:28 am

Hello everyone. I have a question. This morning, Thursday, July 16, I went and blew some Reconciliation and Return to Me Sachet Powders toward my boyfriend's home - it was dark. My boyfriend is unrelenting and is being unrealistic with his decision to say that we're done...he is angry because of a text that I sent my friend that had her first cousin's name in the text (her first cousin, who is also my friend (in a non romantic way), I believe, is in love with me). The text was really innocent, but when my boyfriend asked to see the text, I knew that he would misinterpret and form his own opinion about it. I didnt let him see my phone to read the text, and i ended up deleting it. Now, he won't talk to me - he has my number on call block. On my way to his house this morning, I checked the Planetary hours, and I didn't change the date from yesterday, and I blew the Powders actually during the end of the hour of Mars. (I realized this when July 16 popped up on my phone an hour later - I put in the table for the date, July 15, which I thought that it was). Is this ok? Will Mars, I guess I can say, understand? I did pray over it, read Psalms 32, and asked that my boyfriend will unblock my number and that he will forgive me, call, text, and come to see me all of the time, and reconcile with me. Am I ok with doing this mistakenly during the hours of Mars on a Thursday? I really want him back - I love him so...

Thank you for your help.

Classy

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Hello, Classy,

That's absolutely fine.

Although many rootworkers do indeed work with these hours, I NEVER pay attention to planetary hours and the spells work just fine.

I hope your spell works expeditiously.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

StasiaOB
Newly Registered

Timing?

Unread post by StasiaOB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:48 am

Hey everyone! New here - what a great site! I found the forum after ordering some spell supplies.

I have a question...when you perform a spell, what do you consider to be the most important in relation to the timing of your spell?

Do you try to begin your spell on a day when

The Moon is in the appropriate zodiac sign for what you are doing? (i.e., Scorpio or Capricorn if it is black magic, Leo if it is for luck, money, charisma, etc.)

Or, do you think it more important to time it with the phase of the Moon? How powerful is the Full Moon regardless of the sign the Moon is in?

Or, are there other things more important to you when timing your spells appropriately?

Or (lol) does it even matter to you at all?

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts as I typically tend to go with the zodiac sign.

S

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Hello, StasiaOB,

Welcome to the forum.

If you get a chance (and wish to do so) please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

We realize that you are new, so please be mindful of where you post. Please don't randomly post anywhere.

Every page on the forum has a search engine. Just go the the upper right hand corner. In the dark green area, there is a white search box. Just type in your key words and you will get a gold mine of links!

I have taken your post to the correct subforum. Please read through these pages.

For planetary questions, check out this page: www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

For moon phases, here's another page: www.luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Now, many rootworkers many not follow some or all these guidelines. And many do. So, it's solely up to you to decide what to do for your spells.

Wishing you the best

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

beauty41

Unread post by beauty41 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Hello!:) so i have a dilemma. I am planning on doing a love me spell. I will also be using mercury oil with this work. Now, my original plan was to do it this coming Friday(waxing moon ) (sept 18th.)early morning. But i just found out that we go into mercury retrograde this Thursday. My work is to lure back someone from my past, and ive already completed the reconciliation spell kit and honey jar back in june,and u continue to work the honey jar.so my question is if i do my love spell this Friday, will it cause my target to focus on loving me more/ the love he had for me, or is it best to start before the retrograde cycle? Thanks so much in advance!:))

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”