Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Catnip Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Catnip Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello, kiyoki ,

Yes, you can do that

Good idea!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

kiyoki

Unread post by kiyoki » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Thank you Miss Aida,

You mean is good idea to do both???

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:55 pm

It is a good idea to do both kiyoki. The easiest way to prepare the herb and fluids is to steep them into tea and then sprinkle the water at the entrance to his apartment, where he will walk in it. Also add some of the water to the washing machine when you wash his clothes; this will ''fix" his laundry.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

kiyoki

Unread post by kiyoki » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:04 pm

WOW, Thank you Aura,

Didn't think about it , washing his cloths with catnip water. So I have to steep them in boiling water?? to make tea?
Thank you very much

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Kiyoki,

Yes brew a strong tea with it and use that in the bath. You can bath in the water then use that water to do as mentioned above then it has you on it, your intention and the catnip. Best of luck!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:16 pm

kiyoki --

Get yourself a copy of aura's very helpful book on spell-casting with herbal teas and baths:

BOO-GRI-HSPB
Hoodoo Spiritual Baths by Aura Laforest
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

HOODOO SPIRITUAL BATHS:
CLEANSING CONJURE WITH WASHES AND WATERS
by Aura Laforest

Hoodoo Spiritual Baths is a clear, concise, and authentic guide to traditional techniques of bathing and cleansing. Learn how to perform a spiritual house cleaning, how to take a magical bath, and how to ritually dispose of bath waters. This practical guide contains clear instructions on how to use easy-to-find ingredients for teas, baths, and washes, plus dozens of time-tested spells and recipes for every condition, including uncrossing, protection, love, sexuality, marriage, beauty, money drawing, business, gambling luck, blessing, and success.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

kiyoki

Unread post by kiyoki » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:20 am

Hi Can i give Catnip tea my boyfriend to drink? Then how many tea spoon should I use? Is it safe to drink?
Thank you

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi kiyoki,

You can safely drink catnip, but it is a mild sedative so he'll likely feel quite relaxed. A beverage tea would be made by steeping 1 teaspoon of the herb in a cup of water. Add a drop of your menstrual blood along with the herb to get the most potent magical effect.
Aura Laforest

kiyoki

Unread post by kiyoki » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you Aura,
I did it (menstrual blood) with coffee. My new situation Is now, He is going to counseling to see it work or not. getting ready for freezer spell got my exs lady's picture today. Do I have to add my menstrual blood all the time or once enough?
Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Hello, kiyoki ,

I personally like to do it s frequently as possible.

When I was married, I did it all the time!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:51 am

In addition to Miss Aida's wisdom, if you haven't checked out the thread on the subject of menstrual blood work yet, it has lots of useful info: menstrual-blood-questions-and-answers-t4800.html
Aura Laforest

Grasshopper

Unread post by Grasshopper » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey rootworkers,

I just have a question - is Catnip by itself effective enough for attraction work? I know some people advice using it with other herbs, but I just want answers to my question.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44 am

Hello, Grasshopper,

Yes, it's effective. But, in Hoodoo, we like to use more than one herb.

But, remember, it only has limited properties. So, that's a reason that we use other herbs: to cover all our bases.

Take care

HER-CAT-LEAF
Catnip Leaf
$3.50

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
HRCC Graduate #1631

karma_13

Unread post by karma_13 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:08 am

I was just on the list of herbs page shopping for more supplies when I came across the herb Couch Grass (bear with me...this IS about Catnip, I promise). On the herb label it says if you want to break up two people, you should take two figural candles, carve names, dress with Hot Foot, sprinkle Dog Grass/Couch Grass on one candle and Catnip on the other. Then burn and move farther apart for seven days. Why Catnip???? Catnip is used to captivate your lover and capture his heart, so if you're trying to separate them and move them away from each other, why use something that will continue to captivate his heart in that relationship?

Thanks!!!

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 am

Hi karma_13,

Great question.

I've used Catnip in this type of work to draw an outside lover to the other person.

That way they are interested in someone new and are more inclined to break up.

Other people may use it differently.

That's just one of the many wonderful ways Catnip can be applied.
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Innocence

Unread post by Innocence » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:12 am

The catnip bath is very powerful and takes instant effect, I tried it out last night.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Hello, Inncocnece,

thanks for sharing this with us!

Here is the catnip page:

www.herb-magic.com/catnip.html

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

kitchenwitch1
Newly Registered

Unread post by kitchenwitch1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:06 pm

I wanted to know if I can add catnip as a herb in your love oils.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:00 pm

kitchenwitch1 --

Yes, you can add Catnip to our love oils. A few already have Catnip in them, by the way, but adding more will not hurt.
catherine yronwode

bchcnyn16

Unread post by bchcnyn16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Question: I am a man who just set a honey jar spell to draw a specific woman to me. Along with personal concerns, I included two rose petals, cinnamon and catnip.

I am now reading that catnip is primarily used to attract men. Does that mean catnip should not be used in a spell intended for a female target? I

would appreciate any information, thanks very much.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:10 pm

bchcnyn16 --

That is an interesting question because the answer is so unexpected:

Not all cats are attracted to Catnip. It requires a specific genetic marker for them to like it. (Some people also get high by smoking Catnip, while other people have no response at all.)

About 50% of cats really get into Catnip and perhaps one-third of cats do not respond to it at all. Of those cats who like it, more are male than female, with neutered males falling somewhere in between the two sexes.

Therefore, some people prefer to use Catnip to magically attract men, as a statistically more probable outcome, using cats as an analogue species.

It takes a real stretch however, to decide that Catnip should "only" be used for magically attracting men and "never" for magically attracting women. That makes no real sense, because, after all, many female cats ARE attracted to Catnip.

People and their excessive rule-making! =(shrug)=
catherine yronwode

bchcnyn16

Unread post by bchcnyn16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Thank you so much for your answer, Miss Cat. You have provided some fascinating enlightenment about the unique nature of catnip, and have given me much valuable insight to meditate upon as I continue to work my jar.

kiyoki

Unread post by kiyoki » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Hi, today my boyfriend and I went couple counselling. first he didn't want go but i request come as a favor I would like to learn. Before I go I took boiled catnip bath didn't dry and put on my cloths and went. After the counselling session we walk back on the way he hold me and squeeze my bum and hold my hand and walk took me out for supper. we didn't had good bye hug or kiss. I asked him do you want to go counselling again? as counselor told us talk and decide. He asked me what you want. I asked what do you want? He is the one who want to break up with me. I said I want to think then he said the same. So cat nip water worked some kind of way. But still he is not really clear to get back with me. I don't want force him or beg him. I have that bath water. what should I do with them? As I can't go to his place. Any other way to use them. I am planing, when I go see him again I will have catnip bath.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Hello, kiyoki,

Well, that is GOOD news.

You would do with the bath water the same as any other Spiritual bath water (and I do remember us talking about a different bath water on a different subforum).

Just do the same

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

neonwaosy

Unread post by neonwaosy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:00 pm

Would have been really nice if LM has catnip oil, that way it can be mixed in body lotion ....just thinking out loud.
When I wear van van, I need not perfume for the day. Sorry I guess am into oil ....a lot

ingtar

Unread post by ingtar » Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 am

I used Catnip in a footbath with some Come to Me oil. My lover contacted me about an hour later and I saw him shortly after that. I now have added it to the candle burning on my honey jar too :)

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello,
Two questions
1) Catnip bath water to sprinkle my ex"s apartment entrance, Can I add my menstrual blood to the water before I sprinkle at the entrance?

2) Mixing catnip with whisky and sprinkle, At my door step or his (Ex's) door step?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:02 pm

awdmoon+

1. yes you can , pour it at the door step, wipe the door and knob if you can.

2. Your doorstep, I think you are referring to the spell where you add the catnip to whisky and pour on door step for 21 days and light a total of 3 red 7 knob candles one knob each day= 21. This would be sprinkled to draw the person to your door.

Some people do take baths and sprinkle the water from the targets door step to their to symbolize the person coming to them as well.

http://www.herbmagic.com/catnip.html

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:40 am

Thank you J82,
I can go in. But it is a risk. That building has a camera. But i can sprinkle at the main entrance while i walking by. I can go in, But I have to be very careful. I will try.
Yes, catnip/whisky spell. I didn't know i have to light 7 knob candles. Can i use regular candles for now. Tomorrow is full moon. I want to it start tomorrow.

I want sprinkle catnip bath water at his door step. How often should I sprinkle bath water at his door step?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:54 am

awdmoon+,

I apologize I did not mean to confuse you! You do not need to do the red candle with it, this is how I was taught to work them together, however yes you can use the catnip and whisky as its own working. But I do think they go well together, two separate workings that support each other and mesh well together one is a candle spell to draw the lover, the other is the sprinkle to draw them to your door.

If you do not have a seven knob candle, you can use tea lights, dress them with the love oil you are using pray over them and sprinkle a light bit of cat nip on it ( no whisky please no fires lol). Use them for 21 days.

It's better to do the job safe and not get in trouble so try your best. Maybe get as close as possible to the apartment, like if their is a hall leading to it sprinkle their where he will walk. You can do it as often as you want.

Bath in catnip soak in it, then save some of the water and sprinkle at his door to your door. A great day is friday for love, and during the waxing moon.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:23 am

awdmoon+

Please do not think of folk magic spells as game rule sets, think of them more as improvisatory dance. Magic is an art, not a lab science.

If you have a seven knob candle, use it as you were told, for that is an emulation of the way one well-learned practitioner did the work. If you do not have a seven knob candle, you may use a series of tea lights, as j82 suggested, or brthday candles -- or divide a plain free-standing candle into seven sections by carving grooves in it or, as is most commonly done, by sticking pins into the sides and burning it a section at a time intil each pin drops.

Your desire to perform a seven knob candle spell of ATTRACTION at the Full Moon uncommon. J82 tried to set you straight by mentioning the waxing Moon. That is traditional. Generally, to draw or attract someone, you work in the days that lead up to the Full Moon, so that as the crescent of the Moon increases or waxes, the love attraction INCREASES and GROWS. After the Full Moon, as the disk decreases or wanes, you work to REMOVE or DIMINISH influences (such as disease or poverty or bad relationships.

Please read this page i wrote about timing by the Moon phases:

http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Finally, getting back to the actual topic of this thread, Catnip is a wonderful herb for attraction, and can be used in baths, to roll candles in, as a tea to drink (or added to prepared teas), and even as a subtle addition to pre-mixed Italian Spices when making Tomato sauce with menstrual blood.

HER-CAT-LEAF
Catnip Leaf
$3.50

I suggest that you also purchase these two books, if you do not already have them, because they will help you understand how herbs are used in folk magic and how candle magic is practiced by conjure workers:

BOO-GRI-HHSC
Hoodoo Herb & Root Magic, Paperback by cat yronwode
$14.95

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

catherine yronwode

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Cat,
Sorry, bit confuse. I read that catnip herb magic written by you on the LM site. It's saying catnip/whisky liquid sprinkle at the door step starting
on full moon?
Please explain.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:10 am

awdmoon+

Aha, you are right -- and so am i -- because it is a 21 day spell! Fourteen days for waning and then seven days for waxing, so it ends on the waxing moon.

I got confused with all the talk of a seven knob candle, thinking it was a seven day spell, thus run through a waning moon only.

My apologies!
catherine yronwode

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you Cat,
your math is right. If i start Aug 26th ends Sep 15th on waxing. Should I light candle too 7 day each, While i sprinkle liquid?
I bought a whisky bottle week ago mix with catnip and let it sit to soak.
Thank you

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:01 pm

awdmoon+

Three seven-knob candles or candles marked into seven sections -- or 21 small candles.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 am

Thank you Cat - J82,
This is new situation, He doesn't want i pay damage off the car, I used it to keep contact with him. He was so nice to me said I forgive you. Then I told him I gave a statement to the police saying i will pay for the damage of his car. Then I told him If you don't want me to pay, the police officer advised me get a letter from you. Then he texted me said will draft a letter on Monday. So i can make him come to my house. I can ask print it and drop it. But he would drop it in the mail box. So i am thinking do something while he come here. What are the suggestions?
Thank you

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 am

awdmoonm+,

When he is over use it as an opportunity to try and collect personal concerns of his, spit maybe on a napkin, hair etc. Also its a good time to give him a drink with your period blood in it. If you dont have any on had you can take a spiritual bath with the catnip water, wash your private parts extra well. Use a cup of it to make some type of food (before he comes), use some of the water in a beverage for him. Dress your body with the oil and make sure its on your hands when you hug him hello. seems your honey work is ding well considering how mad he was a few weeks ago. Dont get angry or jealous again. Good luck tomorrow!

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks j82,
He might doesn't want see me. He would drop it in my mail box. All the time he says i am voodoo lol. When he see me he can't stop him. But i don't want invite him in as he might wonder why i am inviting him as i know him with someone else. Just want to go slow. Any other suggestions with out seen him. Any sprinkles, make him walk over, ect.
Thank you

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:27 am

awdmoon+,

You can sprinkle where he will walk put it right under the mailbox. Also dress the mailbox that he will touch with his hands.

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Can I sprinkle catnip bath water at my front area of the house where he walk?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Yes, you can.
catherine yronwode

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi, Update about my situation. The letter thing didn't work. But we talk by texting. He was nice and good to me. I found part time job. on call. So I could not sprinkle catnip doorstep and light the candle. They called 6 am. Is it fine to do it evening?
I am going to his apartment area to go see my mom. last night I was walking by his building i saw his balcony light on and inside light on too. usually when he is by himself he is not staying at balcony. i am sure that woman there too. Can't tell how i felt at that time. I am trying to hold my emotion. I trying o keep contact, but its so hard. i don't want to show him needy and i am trying to get back. i want to go slow and make him confident That we can make this relationship work. I realized when he text, he is emotionally suffering. He texted me said break up emotionally difficult. Sometime I feel talk to him direct, but I am scared, don't want push him away. I am so suffering.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:08 pm

awdmoon+,

Yes you can do it at night when he is not around but the sunrise was so the sun would rise on your relationship. You can also work with the hands on the clock so do it when the hands are moving upward to draw.

Acting out with jealousy will be the silver bullet to the work, its done. Do not overreact, get mad, act out. He may be with another but that is temporary.

You can use a reconciliation spell kit which has you write a heart felt letter to the person and dress it, this is a great way of being honest and using hoodoo at the same time.

Reconciliation kit: http://www.luckymojo.com/spell-reconciliation.html
Reconciliation book: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooreturnan ... pells.html

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks JayDee,

I am not jealous, its hurts. To be jealous, She is a very very unattractive hard biker woman with tattoos, colorful hair, piercings, hanging on rough biker bars, big drinker and big woman. Sorry, I am not insulting her. I am opposite. I am happy he could not find a woman better than me. But i m sad, last 6 years treated him like a god as our culture treating husbands like a god. He always telling to everyone i treated him like a king. Its make me so sad how could he can do this to me.

Update. Last night I went to his apartment building to sprinkle catnip bath water. I added catnip bath water my menstrual blood mix it. I went inside while someone go in. I went to the parking to check is he out for his bike ride. But surprise, His bike was there. He did not go to his group ride. But i took the advantage, went upstairs to his door and sprinkle bath water door step, door knob, and floor. I heard he cough while i apply water on the door knob its make a sound i had to leave fast. I though he might hear the sound of door knob. However sprinkle at the main door and sprinkle while i walk home but only half of way water ran out.

But i found something! Last few times he went bike ride with group, he took this woman too. But wondering why he did not go to bike ride. He is the president of that group. Other thing is , he is on holiday Sep 1st to 9th. He might going somewhere. I text him to give a cheque but he shout down. I did not bother to text him, i don't want to make him mad and push him. I will keep update.

Thank you

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am

Hello,
How often i sprinkle catnip bath water at his place?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:22 am

awdmoon+,

That really is a personal choice of work question. You can do it over a period of days, do it over 7 days, do it once. Do it during the wax moon to draw him. Sprinkle from his place to your door to signify drawing him to your door.

awdmoon+

Unread post by awdmoon+ » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:29 am

Hi JayDee.

Thank you, I did sprinkle from his place to my place but one the way it finished. I used a water bottle. Its 25 mins to walk from his to my place. I will try again.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:36 pm

awdmoon+,

You can do it when you drive as well. Or select major roads and sprinkle at those crossroads leading to your steps. You want the last bit to fall on your steps.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”