• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 pm

mskandi1964 is a copyright thief

Please report copyright theft here: Eliminate thieves and help maintain the online spiritual community as a place of trust and respect.

mskandi1964 is a copyright thief

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 am

MULTIPLE COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS BY mskandi1964:

The web site pagan-place.com is a friendly pagan-centric forum where members can upload files for the public to view. There seems to be no concerted effort to rip off the Lucky Moo Curio Company or my writing at this site, and in fact the site has a firm policy against breaking copyright law. However, a rogue member of pagan-place has violated the site's policy by posting copyright violations at the site.

COPYRIGHT VIOLATION #!

The SUCCESS Sigil and Trained Hunting Money by catherine yronwode was cut-and-paste copied here:

http://pagan-place.com/blogs/1235/1147/ ... trained-hu

The original text, with copyright notice of catherine yronwode, is on this page:

http://luckymojo.com/moneydrawing.html

The copyright violation was uploaded to pagan-palce.com by
mskandi1964 on November 4, 2012 and Filed in Pagan Market Place Blog - # - 605 views

COPYRIGHT VIOLATION #2

THE ALL SEEING EYE as Protection Against the EVIL EYE by catherine yronwode was cut-and-pasted here:

http://pagan-place.com/blogs/1235/1148/ ... seeing-eye

The original text, with copyright notice of catherine yronwode, is on this page:

http://luckymojo.com/allseeingeye.html

The copyright violation was uploaded to pagan-palce.com by
mskandi1964 on November 4, 2012 and Filed in Pagan Market Place Blog - # - 3,541 views views

31 ADDITIONAL COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS BY MSKANDI1964

In addition to the above two copyright violations, a list of ALL of the uploads by the pagan-place forum member mskandi1964 -- all of them uploaded in October and November, 2012 -- will be found here:

http://pagan-place.com/blogs/1235

Every single one of those uploads can be found, via a google cut-and-paste test, to be a copyright violation.

For the good of the reputation of pagan-place.com, it would be a good idea to eliminate every one of those uploads and delete the account of mskandi1964

CONTACT INFORMATION FOR PAGAN-PLACE.COM

This is the contact page for the pagan-place site's admin:

http://www.pagan-place.com/forums/topic ... nistration

The site admin is NyxDarkSky

COPYRIGHT POLICY AT PAGAN-PLACE.COM

from http://pagan-place.com/help/terms

7) Copyright Policy.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Pagan-Place to terminate membership privileges of any member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to Pagan-Place by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Pagan-Place's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached via email address.

GETTING IT FIXED

Nagaiva is contacting the site admin now. We hope for a speedy and cordial resolution.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: mskandi1964 is a copyright thief

Unread postby candiijojo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:44 am

It's reasons like this that I am reminded that I'm fortunate to know that on the Lucky Mojo website I'm reading information that is original and based on the experience and knowledge of the person writing it. Anyone can cover a song... but I'd rather hear it sung by the person who composed it. Thanks for all of the work you do!
candiijojo

Unread postby nagasiva » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 am

I had a nice long chat with Nyx DarkSky after signing up for their site and checking it out. I like Neopagan forums and chats and will enjoy participating in this one.

Nyx was SO NICE, she was apologetic, removed the offending posts, warned the individual in question, and offered to run a banner ad for Lucky Mojo and wanted to know what we thought of their (extremely complimentary) mentions of Lucky Mojo on their site.

They make their focus open-mindedness and the eclectic bunch who participates in Pagan-Place.com seems diverse as well as curious. I found a few old friends from Paganspace.net and was pleased to see discussions on Buddhism, Satanism, as well as the usual Teen Witch, Pagan Morals, and even Neo-Paganism vs. Paganism ("You mean that Matrix guy?") in their forum. Lots of fun.

{444th post!}
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com
nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

I'm so happy to hear this. I know Nyx pretty well. When I read this yesterday I was pretty confident that she would pull the posts, but I didn't get a chance to respond.

Yay for ethics!
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 am

Yes, Miss Phoenix, the pagan-place site owner, Nyx, has been splendid -- the model of a responsible forum owner. Not only did she take the material down, she herself posted a reminder to her forum members about upholding the copyrights of others as a term of participation in her forum.

I know from experience here that it is quite a job to patrol a large forum for copyright violations and to delete them. I have sometimes, while merging topic threads here, found copyright violation posts that were two to four years old that i had never seen and no one else had caught.

There is a lot of work that goes into running a popular forum, and she is doing a great job of itat her forum.

In fact, i am happy that this happened because now i have a fantastic URL to give to pagans who wander in here by mistake thinking that this is a pagan forum! It's pagan-place.com!

Also, this incident gives me an opportunity to thank my own fabulous moderators for helping me here, especially by flagging copyright violations for removal. .

And, finally, it allows me to point a link to my own page on ...

Copyright Violations And How To Avoid Them
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby nagasiva » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm

This appears to have been completely solved.
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com
nagasiva
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Copyright Theft Reports and Results