Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Oil Lamps Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Oil lamp seems weaker than candle spells

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you to everyone who chimed into this thread. I intend to continue using both candles and lamps, and all the information and feedback helps.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Oil Lamps Questions and Answers

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I have to agree with jwmcclin here, it's fast, free, and powerful. Do it!
Joseph Magnuson

emdeluxe
100% Olive oil?

Unread post by emdeluxe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:58 am

Good morning all-I couldn't find this question in the archives, so I apologize if this is redundant. Is it possible to burn lamps using just olive oil? I'm super-sensitive to kerosene. Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 am

emdeluxe.

You cannot fuel a kerosene lamp with olive oil (it is too viscous and has a different burning temperature); but you can certainly buy or make an olive oil lamp or a butter (ghee) lamp.

For the purposes of this discussion, we are treating ALL liquid-fueled lamps in the same way, regardless of the nature of the oil they employ.

This is the standard-size kerosene oil lamp we carry in our shop:

ALT-LIT-KERO
12" Kerosene Oil Lamp
$20.00

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

heartexalted
Generic Lamp Recipe?

Unread post by heartexalted » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 am

Would this be a good way to work? Buy a 12" lamp and a mojo (and ask for just the bag without fixing it or praying over it) for a particular condition (along with the condition oil). Get some lamp oil and color it in a manner appropriate to the condition. Dissemble the mojo and place the contents into the lamp, along with a petition/personal concerns, condition oil drops, and lamp oil. And then light the thing up!

As a particular example, if I wanted to do a Van Van lamp, I could put into a lamp reservoir the contents of a Van Van mojo, yellow- or orange-colored lamp oil, Van Van oil, and my petition/personal concerns?
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 pm

heartexalted, Yes, i suppose you could do that.You would colour the lamp oil yellow, not orange, by the way. Van Van oil is and always has been yellow.
catherine yronwode

BLUE SCORPIO

Unread post by BLUE SCORPIO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

I have just bought a green kerosene lamp for prosperity in the uk - my situation is that they seem to have dis-continued selling kerosene - can i use some type of oil in the lanmp - if so what oil ?

thanks blue scorpio
BLUE SCORPIO

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Blue Scorpio: Go to the hardware store, or general store, and look for "lamp oil."
Joseph Magnuson

Charisma

Unread post by Charisma » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm

Making my first lamp and have a question of where to place my herbs and where to place lodestones? I only assume my herbs go where the oil is but my lodestones go up top? Please advise. I have a lamp like the one sold at LM 12" Kerosene Oil Lamp. Also on a resistance working of single candle with cubeb berries if saucer broke after burn could that mean I broke the resistance?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Charisma --

In making a kerosene lamp with lodestones, the lodestones go in the fuel reservoir, in the oil. You will need the proper size of lodestones, of course.

This thread is not about divination on candles, so your other query goes unanswered. Please stay on topic. Thanks.
catherine yronwode

Charisma

Unread post by Charisma » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:55 pm

[quote="catherineyronwode"]Charisma --

In making a kerosene lamp with lodestnes, the lodestones go in the fuel reservoir, in the oil. You will need the proper size of lodestones, of course.

Sorry was just adding all at once but do the herbs go in oil as well with magnetic sand? Last question I promise

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Charisma: Yes, everything goes into the oil reserve of the lamp. Everything.
Joseph Magnuson

Charisma

Unread post by Charisma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 am

Thank you Joseph :-)

Charisma

Unread post by Charisma » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Oil lamp is going great! However I have it low to keep continously going but its burning quickly. Oil ran out and wick is all most at its end before a full 2 days.

Rebecca_Alley
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Rebecca_Alley » Fri May 17, 2013 2:36 am

I love the ideas of the oil lamps and am interested in the mini lamps but can not find them on the entire catalog listings. Can you please direct me to the page where the mini and regular size lamps are listed for sale?
Rebecca Alley

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 am

Hi sorceressiam,

You'll find the mini-oil lamps in the shop section on Altar Tools, Ritual Supplies & Household necessities here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html in the section ''matches, lighters & oil lamps'' here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocattools.html#matches

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Rebecca_Alley
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Rebecca_Alley » Fri May 17, 2013 4:11 am

thank you so much for telling me where to find the oil lamps!!!
Rebecca Alley

badgermama1977

Unread post by badgermama1977 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

I think this fits, though it might not technically be true conjure, as I don't know the origins of these songs. If off-subject, feel free to delete.

Okay, this might sound a little stupid, but here goes anyway. When I pray my Psalms over my money lamp each night, and when I refill her, I sing the "lamp songs" I learned on the church bus when I was young. So it's the "This Little Light of Mine" song and the "Sing, Hosanna," songs. Since hoodoo is Christian magic, I thought they fit, and I thought it might help others. So, hey, there you go.

In case anyone doesn't know the "Sing Hosanna" song.

"Give me oil, for my lamp, keep it burning.
Give me oil for my lamp, I pray.
Give me oil for my lamp, keep it burning, burning, burning,
Keep it burning till the break of day.
Sing Hosanna, sing, hosanna, sing, hosanna to the King of Kings.
Sing, Hosanna, sing, hosanna, sing hosanna to the King of Kings."

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm

badgermama,

That's funny, i always sing "Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning," another church song!

Here are two of my favourite singers doing their versions:

Blind Willie Johnson Keep Your Lamp Trimmed and Burning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjHl-57_I0g
(Recorded in the 1920s, with his wife singing the responsive part)

Mississippi Fred McDowell - Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrBhyvpBII
(Alan Lomax recording; McDowell's wife sings the responsive portions)

Mississippi Fred McDowell - Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning - Footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR
(In this solo live version, McDowell plays the responsive part on guitar rather than singing it)

For further consideration, here's a picture of a break-up spell / reconciliation spell with an oil lamp as a helper light:

And here is a picture of one of our recent Hoodoo Heritage workshops where Dr. E. made Rustic Oil Lamps:

Notice that at front left, and also arrayed in a row to the right, there are some antique Chinese iron oil lamps. These are for sale in the shop as well.

You can learn a lot more about how we use lamps in hoodoo in these two books:

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

Relevant chapters include "Oil Lamps" and "Altar Layouts for Lamp and Candle Spells," as well as individual spells utilizin lamps.

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

BOO-GRI-BKFO
The Black Folder: Personal Communications on the Mastery of Hoodoo edited by catherine yronwode
$12.00

Relevant chapters include "Oil Lamps in History and in Hoodoo" by Prof. Charles Porterfield and "Rustic Hoodoo Oil Lamps by Dr. E.

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

badgermama1977

Unread post by badgermama1977 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Miss cat,

Both of those books and Henri Gamache's "Master Book of Candle Burning" are in the order I placed today. I guess I won't trip too hard on whether my little songs are true conjure or not, then, if you sing while you tend your lamps. :) I haven't had the chance to check out the videos yet, but I will tomorrow. Thank you most kindly for sharing them!

~Badgermama

*edited to add proper name of a book*

IamMe

Unread post by IamMe » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 am

I've looked through the inventory and haven't been able to find the green money oil lamp. Is it still available? Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:33 am

Magical1,

Nope, the distributor stopped supplying them alone, only in mixed-colour lots, and since green outsold the other colours 5-to-1, we had to stop ordering hundreds of lamps just to get a few green ones. As it is, it will take years to sell out the other colours! -- and they never did make red ones, either. Such is life.
catherine yronwode

IamMe

Unread post by IamMe » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:53 am

Ah, okay. That's a shame that the company switched their policy. Thanks for your response, Ms. Cat!

amandapropaganda

Unread post by amandapropaganda » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:21 pm

I would like to create a rustic oil lamp from a canning jar for long-term work for enhancing my psychic abilities, dreaming prophetic dreams and to aid in divining while reading playing cards. I've selected all the herbs I plan to use. I have two questions: What carrier oil would you recommend for this lamp? Are there any particular mineral curios you would suggest? I've noticed the 11 ingredients I've selected so far are all dried herbs and roots.
Thank you in advance,
Amanda

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:33 am

Hi Amanda,

A good carrier oil would be sunflower or olive oil. Although there is no need to use any curios and roots and herbs are fine all on their own, items to consider could include cowrie shell which are used for divination (http://www.herb-magic.com/cowrie-shell.html) or a deer astragalus bone (which is used in a set of four for shagai divination).
Aura Laforest

amandapropaganda

Unread post by amandapropaganda » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 am

aura wrote:Hi Amanda,

A good carrier oil would be sunflower or olive oil. Although there is no need to use any curios and roots and herbs are fine all on their own, items to consider could include cowrie shell which are used for divination (http://www.herb-magic.com/cowrie-shell.html) or a deer astragalus bone (which is used in a set of four for shagai divination).
Thank you Aura!

Red Haired Mystic

Unread post by Red Haired Mystic » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I really have enjoyed this thread, as it game me some additional ideas as to what I would add to my lamps.

I also wrote out a specific petition/letter dressed it in oils I used for the lamp, and sewed it into fabric to place under my Guardian Angel lamp. The first few days my oil (it is a small lamp of 6 ounces) would be drained in 24 hours; after that with daily prayer it remains steady versus using all the oil fast.

I love oil lamps! Consistency in regards to your petition and they are beautiful in their simplistic way.
Psalm 1:3 and Galatians 6:9

Pwincess Buttacwup

Unread post by Pwincess Buttacwup » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 am

A question about the kinds of fuel that can be used, if you don't have kerosene on hand or ran out:

Can cooking oils be used in a lamp (e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, etc.)?

On that note, I have some 100% pure roasted walnut oil on hand, the kind for salad dressing. I never use it, and would like to put it into service if it's possible. According to http://www.herb-magic.com/#Herbs-W the black walnut has different uses depending on which of its parts you're using - leaves for cursing and break up, while whole with husks for breaking the power of past love.

What kind of magic energy might my walnut oil bring?

As for my walnut oil, the label doesn't specify if the walnuts were black, Persian, English, or not, just that it's "100% pure walnut oil." There's a drawing of walnuts on a branch, but they're green, probably meant to depict young walnuts. The label also says, "handcrafted in California, in a 150-year old French tradition." If more info is needed, I took a pic of the label and could try to upload it, if it's permissible here.

*Edit: I just found an earlier post from Miss Cat that answers the first bit of my question:
catherineyronwode wrote:You cannot fuel a kerosene lamp with olive oil (it is too viscous and has a different burning temperature); but you can certainly buy or make an olive oil lamp or a butter (ghee) lamp.
I'll rephrase my question: What kind of energy will it bring to me or my spells if I made a lamp out of coconut oil, corn oil, vegetable oil, ghee... or this roasted walnut oil that I have on hand? (See above for description of this walnut oil. I don't know if it was made of black, English, Persian walnuts, or not.)

Thanks in advance for the replies.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat May 03, 2014 8:46 am

Cooking oils can be used in artisanal lamps using cotton gauze as wicking - in more ''commercial'' ''pretty'' lamps, the wicking won't draw up the cooking oils quick enough for a good burn and they'll smoke quite horribly as well. To find out how to make artisanal lamps, there's a great flyer that was written up by the late, great, Dr.E which is available in ''The Black Folder'': http://www.luckymojo.com/blackfolder.html

For the walnut oil, since it is expressed from the nut, it would be good for getting over past issues (mostly love related) as you surmised. If it's gone rancid (which walnut oil can do quite easily), then use it in cursing work.
Aura Laforest

Pwincess Buttacwup

Unread post by Pwincess Buttacwup » Sat May 03, 2014 9:35 am

Aura, thanks so much for your swift reply!

Your answer prompted me to google lamps, and I found a DIY lamp from an AIRR worker's (defunct?) site that makes a lamp out of orange rinds and cooking oil. The site doesn't specify the kind of spells in which this orange lamp would be used, but it must impart a nice orangey smell when lit; I think I'd like to try making it. I know that orange the fruit and its flowers are associated with marriage and fidelity, while orange the color is associated with wealth, success and road opening... Perhaps this orange lamp will be good for general use? Or for love and money drawing in particular?

As for my roasted walnut oil, could it still be used to get over past issues if there's a possibility that the oil isn't from black, English or Persian walnuts? I really have no way of telling from the label what kind of walnuts were used. And when you say "mostly love related" issues aura, do you mean that walnut oil would be to help someone recover from hurts borne from a lover, or to forget the love itself that one has for a lover?

Then again, my walnut oil has been in the fridge for so long that I no longer remember when I bought it. Perhaps it's gone rancid by now. It might be best to reserve this oil for cursing spells, as you've said. Great idea, thanks for that aura!

So I guess it will be another cooking oil for now. Does corn, vegetable, or coconut oil have a place in hoodoo?

Thanks so much for reading my wordy posts.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat May 03, 2014 11:07 am

Hello, Pwincess Buttacwup ,
I know that many people use vegetable oil as a foundation for their lamps.
Coconut oil is used for home and love work.
Not sure about corn oil
Here is what Miss Michaele work awhile ago:

oil lamp for protection- saint michael

New postby MissMichaele » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:41 pm

An oil lamp is an old way of working; the herbs would go right IN the oil reservoir. Since the flame is at the top of the wick and the herbs at the bottom, with a fancy metal device separating them, the herbs will never catch fire.

Lamp oil is expensive, though, and burns faster than candles -- so you might want to look into making a simple vegetable-oil lamp. Dr. E. described a simple design on the Lucky Mojo Radio Hour on January 28, 2012. (Discussion of oil lamps begins about 15:30; Dr. E gives two designs.) You could certainly make one lamp for your whole family, or a simple and inexpensive vegetable oil lamp for each person.

•Dr. E on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour, 1/28/2012
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... -in-format

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #1631

RunningBlue
A newbie's oil lamp questions

Unread post by RunningBlue » Tue May 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi everyone!

I am a newbie, I guess it's got to start somewhere...
So here are some questions on oil lamps ..
How many items? Is it a odd number like in mojo bags?
How does merging "item specifics" work with oil lamps? For example in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic by Catherine Yronwode near the back it has a list of ingredients under specific tasks.. I want to make a protection lamp for Protection, Keep Unwanted Visitors Away, Warn of Evil,Bar People, Return Tricks, and Law Keep Away... and for good measure a silver dime... Alot of the ingredients do cross over to other categories. And how much of what would I need?
And what type of base oil.. I was thinking paraffin oil since its for a oil lamp...

I order some vigil candles to tie me over and to assess the situation..
Hope to hear from you all

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello, RunningBlue ,
Paraffin is fine.
But, I do think that you would have to make more than one lamp. That's a lot to ask of one lamp.
I think there's just too many petitions here. I would prioritize and decide what petitions flow with each other. For instance: protection & unwanted visitors.
Reversal and Return tricks, etc.
However, if the herbs cross over, then you can certainly use them
Every root worker is different, but I like to use Odd numbers. Some people count all herbs as one ingredient, others count them out individually.
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

RunningBlue

Unread post by RunningBlue » Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, RunningBlue ,
Paraffin is fine.
But, I do think that you would have to make more than one lamp. That's a lot to ask of one lamp.
I think there's just too many petitions here. I would prioritize and decide what petitions flow with each other. For instance: protection & unwanted visitors.
Reversal and Return tricks, etc.
However, if the herbs cross over, then you can certainly use them
Every root worker is different, but I like to use Odd numbers. Some people count all herbs as one ingredient, others count them out individually.
Wishing you the best
Thank you so much for responding... I'm just starting and trying to learn and understand.. I am just a egg (for those that get the reference)
Thankfully I ordered "THE ART OF HOODOO CANDLE MAGIC IN ROOTWORK, CONJURE AND SPIRITUAL CHURCH SERVICES" book with the candles, hopefully soon I'll be receiving the order.. Hopefully there will be answers to me questions from it... It'll be sometime until I'll qualify for the correspondence courses.. :(

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 pm

RunningBlue: Perhaps you could make one strong lamp to burn for General Protection and write out a petition for all of the different Specific Protections you have listed above for us. If this is in no way feasible to do, then go ahead and create many different lamps for each very specific purpose. My wife and I have four different lamps we tend...all for very different Conditions.

Also, as a note, not all mojo bags require you to use odd numbers of items. Some use that "rule" and some don't.
Joseph Magnuson

charityrose13

Unread post by charityrose13 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:56 pm

I read on Mama Starr's blog that she made a "Personal Oil Lamp" to help in all areas of her life.She says you can add an array of items in it such as angelica,lodestone,rosaries.I was wondering if anyone has had experience making one of these lamps,and if so what LM products did you include.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello, charityrose13,
What areas of your life do you want to improve?
HRCC Graduate #1631

charityrose13

Unread post by charityrose13 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 am

I'm going though a lot of crappy stuff lately and am already doing some cleansing,protection, & money work. In addition to that I was wanting to do something to help stregthen my faith,soothe my emotions,lift my spirits,etc.Lately I've really just felt at the end of my rope with so much stuff weighing on my mind,and could really use a spiritually jolt.So far I'm thinking:

Althaea
Angelica
Rose Petals or Buds
Lavender
Marjoram
White Mustard Seed
Clarity Oil
Rose of Crucifixion Oil
Rose Quartz
Rosary

Am I heading in the right direction?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello, charityrose13 ,
Yes, this looks good. You're in the right direction.
And here is a list of the herbs (and what they do) if you haven't seen them: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Another idea is to see what Miss cat says in her book (and she has so much covered including spell work)
www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

charityrose13

Unread post by charityrose13 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks for your response, Miss Aida.

Genies_Lamp

Unread post by Genies_Lamp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:59 pm

I've read this thread and learned a little here and there about oil lamps and I am intrigued by them. I have been learning how to create my own using a glass jar and olive oil. I suppose my questions may be more fundamental than just pertaining to oil lamps. I would like to create a FWOP oil lamp that I can protect my whole family with (parent, brothers, sisters and their families - about 24 people). First of all, is an oil lamp an effective way of doing this or would you recommend a different method? Would it be acceptable to have one petition that would be for everyone and then add in each person's picture with their name written multiple times on the back? I don't like the idea of writing out the same petition 24 times, but I'll do it if necessary. If the petition will be the same for everyone can I just use one? Also, I have read of people placing petitions under the lamp or in the oil reservoir of the lamp. What would you suggest in this case? I would really appreciate your feedback and expertise. I want to help more people...especially those I love most and I feel that this may be a great way to do it!

Thanks,

Genies_Lamp

PS I will of course be using Lucky Mojo's Fiery Wall of Protection Oil. What ratio of conjure oil to olive oil would you suggest generally?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Genies_lamp,

Oil lamps were the original candle set for work, then candles became easier and cheaper and replaced the lamps. Still a great and traditional way to work. Im sure if LM still sells them because I remember seeing them on the site for a min. You certainly can add all 24 people, I think the only problems (to me at least) is that, one, you are spreading a lot of energy over a large group of people, two, the container can give signs about the work and when 24 people are in one jar you dont know who or which person the signs are for. (such as with a series of candle, any one of which can be weak and not strong). With a lamp, you may wonder, is that for all the people or just one? same problem you face if you add a lot of people to a honey jar.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Genies_lamp,

Here you go:

ALT-LIT-KERO
12" Kerosene Oil Lamp With Loop Handle
$20.00

catherine yronwode

Setanaya
HRCC Student

Unread post by Setanaya » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 am

Hi there,
Well my hubby has 2 oil lamps that we did not use but now i cannot wait to put them around the house. I do have a questions though, how much LM oil can I add to the lamp fuel? After i add the oil to the resevoir will the lamp give off the scent of the LM oil or not. I really want to do a MoneyHouse Blessing lamp.
Thanks for any advice offered.

Setanaya~

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm

You don't want to put in too much a little will go a long way. Since you are working with Money House Blessing you might consider 7 drops since 7 is the lucky number for money.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Setanaya
HRCC Student

Unread post by Setanaya » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 am

Thanks Miss Phoenix,
the best thing about this forum is you ask a question get an answers plus some helpful tips!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Setanaya,

Just to complete Miss Phoenix's answer, no - your lamp will not smell of the LM oil, the trick stays nice and sneaky :)
Aura Laforest

Splitpea2

Unread post by Splitpea2 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:58 pm

I was thinking of making a love oil lamp since I found mine in the closet I forgot about,but I do have some questions.. I want to make one for love but I also need to bring back my ex so can I put love oils and herbs included with come to me oil or do I have to do a come to me first and then strengthen the love if any one has any advise with what else I can put please let me know... Thanks

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:03 am

Hi Splitpea2,

Come To Me is usually used to draw in a new partner, to bring them in. If you want to bring back an ex, Return To Me is used if there hasn't been a fight while Reconciliation is a good choice if there was friction. For the love lamp, Return to Me, Reconciliation and Love Me would be a good oil combo, but only a tiny drop of each since you don't want the lamp to smoke up or the oils to gum up the wick.

Herb wise, a nice combination to draw back and keep a lover would be a pair of matched lodestones (or lodestone grit if the lamp is quite small), two balm of gilead buds, damiana, honeysuckle flowers and passionflower.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Splitpea2

Unread post by Splitpea2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Thank you so much for your advice..

jackdreher
HRCC Student

A couple of questions on creating my oil lamps

Unread post by jackdreher » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 pm

My first question is I read a lot about using condition oils in lamps but what about just a pinch of satchet powder?

I want to create three seperate oil lamps and place them on my altar and burn them 24/7.

They will be for Financial Abundance, Healing, and Psychic Mastery.

I plan to get three identical oil lamps (clear glass), and place them in three seperate large bowls filled with sand (for fire safety and stability).

For each lamp my idea is to mix together various satchet powders (specific to my goal) and place a pinch of the combined mixture in the reservoir along with a curio (specific to each goal) and lodestone . I then plan to add a hefty amount of the combined satchet powders in the sand surrounding each lamp. Buried in the sand, out of sight, will be a petition paper for each lamp. I also figure I can add/remove herbs and curios from the sand as needed.

I will also keep a seperate glass jar of each of the specially combined satchet powders for when I either need to add another pinch to the lamp when I refill the oil, or to sprinkle on me when i want to tie myself in directly with the power of the individual lamp.

As for curios I am thinking one coin of each denomination for the abundance lamp, and a key for the psychic mastery lamp.

I am not sure of a good curio for overall health. Any suggestions? A John The Conqueror I am sure would be good if it was just for me, but I plan to use these lamps not just for me, but place additional petitions on them for other people when needed.

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello, jackdreher,

I think that's a good idea as long as it is a very small pinch in with the oil. Very small. I'm afraid that the powder may disperse and interrupt the wick saturation. And I worry about clogs.

I love the idea of the sachet powders in with the sand that that holds the lamps. That is genius!!

And the rest of your plan is absolutely wonderful

For overall health, I like: www.herb-magic.com/self-heal.html

Wishing you the best with this. I love the creativity and the energy that you are putting into this

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

jackdreher
HRCC Student

Unread post by jackdreher » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Thank you Miss Aida.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Your lamp sounds amazing, jackdreher!

Keep up the great work!
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

ChokatLily

Unread post by ChokatLily » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:59 am

I have a sort of broad general question.

I'm drawn to simple and discrete work.
in my experience I have found oil lamps and incense and prayer a potent combination..
though the last time I have used this combination I stopped the work before I could see fruition.

I was wondering, is it useful to have one oil lamp always going on for a long term goal, say , to make someone ultimately fall in love with you--or even for you two to be in a committed relationship.

and then to do candles or other oil lamps for smaller goals working towards the broad goal while having the oil lamp for the long term goal, going on in the back all the time?

Thanks so much.

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi ChokatLily,

Some people do it both ways. Let your intuition guide you.

Some workers also us container spells in the same way. So you could really mix and match.

www.luckymojo.com/bottlespells.html and www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html#hoodoofixed
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:38 am

Hi All --

Oh, I'm worried. I just moved to a new flat, and am completely banned from burning candles or lamps of any kind.

I'll adjust re: the candles... but the oil lamp was a long, really necessary working prescribed by Prof Porterfield on the LMCC Hour when I called in for a reading to break the cycle of love/work bad luck teeter-tottering. Now I can't burn it at all, and it will have to sit in storage.

Well... is the working done? Is there any way to take what's been cooking in the lamp and continue it? The roots, prayers, oils, and curios are all in there... I just will not be able to fill it or light it.

I'm up for advice or help on this. I'm saddened already that I can't light things in this flat (manager wants no soot/smoke damage of any kind, so that's that)... but I'm really worried about the lamp intention being stopped....thanks for any recommendations on this...

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello, Doc,

Can you light it outside?

I have a friend who has the same problem. He rented a very small storage unit where he performs his magic, etc.

Wow, I would simply die if I couldn't light candles, etc. This seems to go against our Constitutional rights to practice freedom of religion....

Just saying....
HRCC Graduate #1631

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi Miss Aida --

No, it isn't... technically it's the manager's private property, which I'm renting space in, and they have the right to allow or not allow activities that they think will damage their property. Can't smoke tobacco in here either.

Well, I have a friend who is happy to take my dressed candles to her place to burn, but this lamp is big. Sigh.

So, the candle work will get done, but I don't get the pleasure of seeing it or watching the flame for signs. And burning the lamp outside isn't going to work come winter...

I think the lamp will have to be a big sitting jar spell for a while....again, I'll take advice...

Thanks!

Murphy

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Hey, Doc,

I'm not sure what else I could advise. I doubt the lamp will work with any speed with the fire.

Your friend is a peach

Take cre
HRCC Graduate #1631

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”