Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

introduction from uk

spiritf656
Newly Registered

introduction from uk

Unread post by spiritf656 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:37 am

Hello everybody,

Iam a practising witch in London uk, I have some regular clients, I am a grandmother of 4 (so far) ,and mother of three. I am 54.

I had the calling at age 15, studied a bit, got scared, left it alone, though it never left me.

I had my awakening at 36 which was the best time of my life, and since then i have continued to follow my path. I hrough life's contrasts i have lead a colourful and educational life, I am a teacher of positive thinking, and "agony aunt" to all. I have done metaphysical counselling, with a high success rate, especially with people with phobias. The service was and still is free. I use my intuition and intent when spell casting, and when I blacked the eye of a thief (a so called friend) without touching her, i knew i had a "knack" for this sort of thing.

I do not follow deities or give lip service, but accept all others beliefs without prejudice. I believe in the great spirit though i would not follow the Spiritualist religion. I read and write in an ancient (as yet unidentified) language. i must have learnt it along the way. I have surprisingly been told by three different mediums that i was a witch in a past life (not a very nice one) and i am not afraid of the dark in me as i know there is also light, which brings balance, and we always have a choice. I was making talismans beforevi embraised the title witch, although i am called many things, weird being one! i am not too concerned with labels, and what people think of me, good and bad.

i have a big interest in hoodoo and hope to qualify for the course one day, though i am already making gris gris and conditioning oils with
some success.

Well this is the most you will hear me talk about myself as quite frankly it bores me lol. I also have a good sense of humour...well in British sarcastic circles!! i look forward to making friends.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: introduction from uk

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:09 am

Hello, spiritf656 --

Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum. You do sound like one who has led a diverse and colourful life. If hoodoo interests you, we suggest that you start by learning more about the history, terminology, and ways of working within American black culture. That will prepare you for studying on your own, or becoming a student of mine.

If you are "already making gris gris and conditioning oils" i wonder who taught you, because they sure did not teach you to speak our language. Although the African term gris gris is used in some parts of the USA, most of us call these items mojo hands or mojo bags, and we call the oils condition oils, not conditioning oils. If you are currently learning hoodoo from the internet or through personal gnosis, you would do well to take a step back from that and truly seek to enter into black culture first, because hoodoo is a black American practice which has long traditions that are specific and detailed.

Here's a song for you -- i hope you like it!

Mojo Hand - Sam Lightnin' Hopkins (Live Accoustic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQR4_7DBnM
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

spiritf656
Newly Registered

Unread post by spiritf656 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:02 pm

I have to laugh at my hoodoo attemps and naive mistakes.

I have since bought your book hoodoo herb and root magic which i humbly will learn. I have no one teaching me just some books, on hoodoo, but obviously there is a lot to learn in this field. I shall take your advise and read about the history of American black culture. Condition oils do make more sense, than conditioning oil!! forgive my blunders.

Loved the song, my cup of tea so to speak.

may I ask is there any problems with sending your supplies to the uk (meaning through customs)?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:53 pm

Hello, spiritf656 ,

Lucky Mojo has many many clients in the UK. I too have many clients in the UK who order from Lucky Mojo without problems.

BUT, e-mail the shop and ask them (just in case there are certain things that can't be shipped....I don't know if that is a problem) and they will tell you .

order@luckymojo.com

Also, there are a zillion Lucky Mojo forum members here. Maybe somebody will see these posts and chime in with their experiences.

I hope this helps

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “2014 Public Forum Introductions”