Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Re: Blue vs. Red

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Zee Rohour wrote:I understand the concepts about heating something up with pepper, and cleansing with salt. I don't quite understand the idea of blueing something or redding something. Could someone point me the right way on blue vs. red when laying a trick?
The color red, of course, has long been associated with love, romance and sex. It's also a strong color of power, which is one reason why mojo bags are often red.

It can also be angry color, as illustrated in this page on War Water:
Blue is a peaceful, healing color, especially in its lighter shades. This is why Peace Water has such a charming blue tint.
Bluestone has also long been used for spiritual purification. It consists of copper sulfate, which is toxic and which was long ago readily available to farmers. (For that matter, I was able to buy it in a drugstore without prescription the last time I needed it, almost 20 years ago.) Nowadays spiritual workers use non-toxic alternatives: anil balls or laundry bluing such as Reckitt’s Crown Blue.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Blue vs. Red

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Hello, Zee Rohour,
I am moving this topic over to candle forms, shapes, COLORS.
You can get a better idea by looking at this subforum along with this page (which explains color symbolism in magic) www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

thedestination

Re: Candle Choices: Shapes & Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

Unread post by thedestination » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello! I an in the midst of a rather tangled situation and wanted to get a little outside help so I wanted to order one of the vigil candles from LM to be set for me. However I need some help with where the best part is to start. I can't order a series at the moment so since I can only pick one I want it to count.

My ex lover isn't paying me any attention

He's with his girlfriend who I despise. I'm working a war water nasty jar for them with lemon, nails, pepper all that jazz and feeding it continually. I feel like it could use some extra oomph though.

I want him restless and obsessed and NEEDING to come back.

So I don't know if I should focus on getting some extra helping breaking them up or getting him to head my way. Thank you so much for the assistance and the time helping me!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:59 pm

thedestination wrote:Hello! I an in the midst of a rather tangled situation and wanted to get a little outside help so I wanted to order one of the vigil candles from LM to be set for me. However I need some help with where the best part is to start. I can't order a series at the moment so since I can only pick one I want it to count. My ex lover isn't paying me any attention.
He's with his girlfriend who I despise. I'm working a war water nasty jar for them with lemon, nails, pepper all that jazz and feeding it continually. I feel like it could use some extra oomph though. I want him restless and obsessed and NEEDING to come back. So I don't know if I should focus on getting some extra helping breaking them up or getting him to head my way. Thank you so much for the assistance and the time helping me!
You can try a Breakup candle for them and a Reconciliation candle for the two of you. I would also suggest a reading to see what your chances of success are.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

tanchan

Unread post by tanchan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:56 am

I burned a black candle today, the wax was a perfect heart-shaped. I hope this is a good sign that my vinegar breakup jar spell is working.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:11 am

tanchan wrote:I burned a black candle today, the wax was a perfect heart-shaped. I hope this is a good sign that my vinegar breakup jar spell is working.
Divination of a blackened heart can indeed signify that a break-up spell is working.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm seeing more & more types of Reversible candles available. Would a skull shaped Reversible candle be good for casting the influence of my estranged husband's mother & current girlfriend off of him? On teh other hand, I'm afrain that the negative work I've done could rebound on me.
HRCC Student #1989

tanchan

Unread post by tanchan » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:19 pm

@ Joseph Magnuson, thanks for confirming this, as of now I have no news about my ex, but I got readings and both readers told me that my ex's engagement has been ruined. I am doing my vinegar jar just for a month, never told my readers that I am doing vinegar jar spell. it is fast to manifest if this is really true.
I also feel different as if like my anger is not that much anymore. My 1st black candle I burned a month ago made a hissing noise and it was popping, with no left over wax. my 2nd candle had a heartshaped wax too but the wax melted , even the wick got burned too, the 3rd candle was burned yesterday and it was perfect heart-shaped. I will update you guys reading if I ever get news about my ex's engagement :-) Since I have not confirmed from anybody about his engagement, do I continue to work on my vinegar jar and black candle?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello, Alyssah,
Yep. I would be afraid that things would bounce back to you.
Just my thoughts
take care
AlyssaH wrote:I'm seeing more & more types of Reversible candles available. Would a skull shaped Reversible candle be good for casting the influence of my estranged husband's mother & current girlfriend off of him? On teh other hand, I'm afrain that the negative work I've done could rebound on me.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:56 pm

Hello,Tanchen,
YES. Continue the work!
Take care
tanchan wrote:@ Joseph Magnuson, thanks for confirming this, as of now I have no news about my ex, but I got readings and both readers told me that my ex's engagement has been ruined. I am doing my vinegar jar just for a month, never told my readers that I am doing vinegar jar spell. it is fast to manifest if this is really true.
I also feel different as if like my anger is not that much anymore. My 1st black candle I burned a month ago made a hissing noise and it was popping, with no left over wax. my 2nd candle had a heartshaped wax too but the wax melted , even the wick got burned too, the 3rd candle was burned yesterday and it was perfect heart-shaped. I will update you guys reading if I ever get news about my ex's engagement :-) Since I have not confirmed from anybody about his engagement, do I continue to work on my vinegar jar and black candle?
HRCC Graduate #1631

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:51 am

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Alyssah,
Yep. I would be afraid that things would bounce back to you.
Just my thoughts
take care

Thank you! I think I'll just stick with working on reversing back all the evil that has been sent my way, then. I have to admit, the skull style of reversible candle keeps attracting me. I wonder if using it with some Cast Off Evil & Healing would be good for conditions like PTSD & Depression?
HRCC Student #1989

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:31 pm

AlyssaH wrote:I have to admit, the skull style of reversible candle keeps attracting me. I wonder if using it with some Cast Off Evil & Healing would be good for conditions like PTSD & Depression?
You can Heal and Cast Off all kinds of Evil with that combination on any sort of candle, added to grooming or laundry products, or (powders) strewn where the target will walk. Lots of people use it for addictions, too.
Miss Michaele

LoveFlows2Me
Lodestone vigil candle versus other attraction candles ?

Unread post by LoveFlows2Me » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:03 pm

I can't seem to find much on the Lodestone glassed encased vigil candle. What is the difference between this candle and other love attraction candles such as Come To Me, Attraction, Love Me, Return to me etc? It seems Come To Me & Love Me are the most commonly used ones in a relationship. Was curious what anyone's experience with Lodestone vigil was (used to attract love) I'm trying to learn the subtle differences between all of these. And how would one petition for a specific person using the Lodestone vigil? And which psalm?

I've only used Love Me LM products, there's so many products to choose from so I'm trying to educate myself before next purchase.

Thank you for any info.

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Lodestone vigil candle versus other attraction candles ?

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Lodestone candle can be used to attract anything that you want to like the stone attracts the other stone ( love work) or the power ( what you want ie money etc).Come to me would be dressed with herbs and oils specifically known for bringing a lover to you and prayed over it in that manner. Attraction is like lodestone it can be used for multiple things the label kind of helps indicate its uses such as attraction you see all these things being pulled in. You can light it with a single specific intention or a general I want to draw it all in. The candle really would depend on what exactly you want to do. Is this a new love , an old love? Are you working with lodestones in this working? I would burn it while working a lodestone at the same time. I would dress the lodestone with the proper condition oil. you could always use a lodestone candle with love oil in it as well to set the tone.. like lodestone candle with come to me oil in it. that tells what you want done in the work.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Papa LeRoy
HRCC Graduate
Making Candle

Unread post by Papa LeRoy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:15 am

I'm start making my own candle. ? Is can one use Lucky Mojo oil in mixing with melting wax before pouring in holder

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:30 am

Hi Papa Leroy,

Yes, you can add a bit of an appropriate condition oil to the melted wax. Another really traditional way to work is simply to fix a taper by rolling it in melted wax, herbs and a bit of the condition oil.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi,

I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately and I am very grateful for all of the help I have from everyone here. I have another question, following some advice on some work I could try involving influence and crown of success products. So before I place my order I was just curious as to what colour candle would be best for this when working with these products? I am either going to order both oils, or one in oil and one in sachet powder to dress the candles. I know I could always use a white candle, but I do like to use colours as I feel it gives me more of a definite focus.

Thanks x

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 pm

maria84 wrote:Hi,

I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately and I am very grateful for all of the help I have from everyone here. I have another question, following some advice on some work I could try involving influence and crown of success products. So before I place my order I was just curious as to what colour candle would be best for this when working with these products?
Depends on what you want to succeed in and why you want to influence others: to give you a job? Green (the money color). Love you? Red. Cooperate with all your desires? Purple (mastery).

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 pm

:D Thank you, looks like purple it is!

Dark2Madness

Birthday candle use

Unread post by Dark2Madness » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:43 am

Has anyone tried using birthday candles for a quick burn in case you cannot burn inside your home for what ever reason? If so how do you set the petition and the herbs and what do you do for clean up?

MoonBreath
Re: Birthday candle use

Unread post by MoonBreath » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:41 am

I have used them many times. I take a toothpick and write a short, simple petition directly on the little candle ( while saying it aloud ). I apply whatever oil is appropriate to the situation and roll the candle in whatever herbs I can ( like, the last one I did I rolled in cinnamon sugar ), then put larger plants/ leaves around the candle as it burns. I say a heart-felt prayer, recite the 23rd psalm, then end it in the name of the Father, Son, & Holy Ghost. This method has worked very well for me.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Hello, Dark2Madness ,

I am glad that this has worked for Moonbreath.

I've also seen other people do this

But, my thinking is that I would only do this in emergencies where I cannot, under any circumstances, light a candle.

I just can't imagine how this would work well with such little burn time. But, that's just me.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

mage

Any benefit to having multiple candles burning at once?

Unread post by mage » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 am

Does anyone have any ideas about whether burning multiple candles for the exact-same petition at-once adds exponentially to the overall energetic completion? Or should just one be sufficient? Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Any benefit to having multiple candles burning at once?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 am

mage,

You did not say what kind of candles you are using, so there is no one way to reply. Think about it this way:

1) There are many, many, many candle spells in which one uses anywhere from one to one dozen candles, all lit at once for one petition. The candles may be named or linked to certain symbolisms (e.g. a person's name, a sign of the zodiac, a condition such as wisdom) and the candles may be fixed or moving during the course of the spell.

2) You speak in terms of "add[ing] exponentially to the overall energetic completion" of a spell. This is not something i understand, nor do i want to. Folk magic of the kind we practice in African American hoodoo is about contact magic and symbolic linking. Candle magic rarely if ever involves contact (the target person does not touch the candle), but it always involves symbolic linking (the candles are named for and/or identified with people, locations, spirits, conditions, and so forth). How you deal with those aspects of the spell will determine how many lights you set or candles you burn.

Here are some of the ten thousand examples, off the top of my head:

1) ONE STATIONARY LIGHT: If you set a light for a man to be faithful, you dress that faithfulness candle (e.g. a Stay With Me vigil light) with that desire in mind and affix his picture or name paper or a petition pager bearing his name to or under the candle. You may use one light for that.

2) ONE CENTRAL CANDLE AND TWO STATIONARY HELPER LIGHTS: But if at the same time you also want to link the situation to him through astrological means, and he is an Aries and you are a Leo, you may burn an Aries vigil light on one side and a Leo vigil light on the other side as helper lights. They reinforce and stand guard on the primary petition.

3) TWO CENTRAL MOVING CANDLES AND FOUR MOVING HELPER LIGHTS: Using the same love example as above, you may start with a pair of pink human figural candles to symbolize the union, and dress them with Stay With Me Oil, then surround them with four helper light candles, one each for Aries (red), Leo (yellow) Mars -- the ruler of Aries (red), and the Sun -- the ruler of Leo (yellow). Dress those four candles, respectively with Aries Oil, Leo Oil, Mars Oil, and Sun Oil. Light the pair first, then the outer four, and as they burn, move them closer and closer together until they touch, then bind them with thread so that they burn out together, Meanwhile, at the same time as you move them together, slowly spiral in the four outer candles, clockwise, until they approach the central candles, binding the relationship through astrological symbolism of fire and passion and loyalty and dignity.

4) ONE STATIONARY CENTRAL CANDLE AND SIX STATIONARY HELPER LIGHTS: Now let's flip the script. Say that your central petition is to help a child in school. You may select a central candle of King Solomon Wisdom, or Crown of Success, and dress it with the oils of those names, plus Crucible of Courage Oil. Then you would select, say, six helper lights -- the school principle, the class teacher, the school counselor, the school librarian, the school nurse, and the school bus driver. Unite them in a protective circle by dressing them each with Protection Oil and Guardian Angel Oil. Light the child's candle, then the helper lights. Observe how the helper lights burn, and if any of them does not perform well, start a honey or sugar jar on that person, or select another guardian-helper at the school and perform the spell again.

5) BURNING IN RUNS BY OVERLAPPING CANDLES, TWO AT A TIME: Next, let's say you want a man to reconcile with a woman. You burn one Reconciliation candle. Your plan is that when it goes out, you will light a second one, and when that burns out, you will light a third. This is called a "run" of candles. But you don't like the fact that there is a gap, say while you are away at work, between the end of one candle and the lighting of the next. You know that the candles burn for about five days. So every three days you light a new candle. In this way, after the third day, there are always at least TWO candles burning on the matter, and they overlap the way you would lay rows of bricks in a wall. Only at the very end of your run, which could last for a year or more should you wish, would you again return to having but the one candle alight, and that would be the last candle.

6) SETTING CANDLES IN A TRIANGLE: Finally, we come to the very old tradition of burning candles in a triangle. This is a type of spell that involves THREE candles, and it is so common and oft-used that it has its own thread at this forum. The item in the center of the triangle may be another candle, but just as often it is something else, for instance a mojo hand that is being fixed, a statue of a venerated entity, an amulet that is being prepared for use, a doll baby to represent a person, and so forth. Please read more about burning candles in a triangle here:

Setting Candles in a Triangular Shape
setting-candles-in-a-triangular-shape-t11295.html

In other words, there are thousands of reasons to burn more than one candle on a single petition.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

mage

Unread post by mage » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks so much Catherine!!

I have been burning reconciliation candles on-again, off-again for a few months now.

However the other day my gut "felt" that I should burn two, side by side; for whatever reason that just felt right.

But then I began to question whether burning another negated the faith I had in the first. And knowing about the traditional magical laws dealing with Threes in association with positive outcomes, I'd wondered why I'd felt so-strongly about two at-once rather than three.

But my heart was very lifted to read what you just covered in-relation to reconciliations candles! It appears I'm on the right track! I just hope the two that are almost burned out are still going by the time I get home from work before I launch the next batch.

Thanks ever so much!!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:27 pm

monsterofmud wrote:I have been burning reconciliation candles on-again, off-again for a few months now.

However the other day my gut "felt" that I should burn two, side by side; for whatever reason that just felt right.

But then I began to question whether burning another negated the faith I had in the first. And knowing about the traditional magical laws dealing with Threes in association with positive outcomes, I'd wondered why I'd felt so-strongly about two at-once rather than three.

But my heart was very lifted to read what you just covered in-relation to reconciliations candles! It appears I'm on the right track! I just hope the two that are almost burned out are still going by the time I get home from work before I launch the next batch.

Thanks ever so much!!
I just love it when Miss Cat draws on her decades of primary and secondary research :)

There is one kind of situation where I burn candles in pairs for love work: when the target's or client's family disapproves of the match and have spiritual gifts. They are often praying against my client, so I burn a protection candle alongside each love candle.

Miss Michaele

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:01 am

Hello,

I was just looking at the candles available at the LM store and I was wondering what the witch figural candle could be used for? I really quite like it, I have been given a black cat candle recently also so I was thinking of a working that may incorporate the two?

Thanks

JayDee
HRCC Student
Re: Candle Choices: Shapes &An Forms, Colours, Wax Types, Safety

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:39 am

AngelKitty,

I wonder the same thing for the witch candle. A few years back I was in a shop and the owner told me to use the red witch for love work to draw a person but gave no explanation why. I have always been confused by that figure candle and how its used. Id love to understand as well!
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:44 am

I'm glad it's not just me then! :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Hello, Angelkitty,

It is used for breaking up a marriage or a relationship.

The witch's power assists in this spell.

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

AlRam

Help with candle burning

Unread post by AlRam » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:40 am

Hi Good day,
I need some information please.
What is the difference between using regular size colored candles( for example red or pink ) and using the large candles like the one encased in glass jar or even the ones not encased in the glass jar? I know the one encased in glass you cannot write the person name on the candle.

what is the difference between using annointed candles and annointing the candles yourself?

I am trying to get someone to come to me or at least start calling me so the door to communication can be open again. I do not have anything personal that belongs to her but I can see her where she works or even take food for her to eat.
I made a petition paper using brown paper bag and I placed it on a table with aluminum foil over it to prevent it from burning and I lit a regular red candle ( the ones that lights whole night for approx. 7 hrs )with her name written on one side and come to me on the another side.

I dress the candle with come to me oil by stroking it from the base upwards then I light the candle and place it on top the aluminum foil ( no candle holder.

I have been doing this for seven nights with each night a new candle but same petition paper.

Do I need to change the petition paper each night? and how to I speed up the process for faster results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate
Re: Help with candle burning

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi AIRam,

Candle choice is usually dictated by the situation and need. If you have to leave a candle unattended, then a glass enclosed candle is safer or you could choose a smaller candle that will burn more quickly. I also like glass enclosed candle because they allow for interpretation of the smoke and hazing and wax on the container itself. Bare candles can also be read by divining the left over wax remains and the flame behavior.

There's no difference really between anointing the candles yourself or having them prepared. It's purely preference.

Keep the petition the same for all of the burns for consistency. Also be extra careful if you're leaving these candles burning while you go to bed. It doesn't take much to tip one over, especially if they aren't in a candle holder.

Good luck and burn safely.
Professor Ames - HRCC Graduate #1694

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi
Thank you, but if I use a glass enclosed then what do I when I have to write the person name and command on the side of the candle, also is it ok to use brown paper for the petition paper and can I write more than one name on the same piece of paper because I have two names for the person but not sure which is the birth name.

I also have a honey jar with two petition paper inside but the candle I am burning on top burns with a lot of wax. it may be a soft wax candle because today I got a harder candle that burns with less wax, which is the better to use?

What do I have to do for faster results or to know what I am doing is successful?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi

1) You can write the person's name outside on a vigil candle, or not, as you prefer; you can also paste a photo on the candle if you wish. You can use any kind of paper for your petition paper; brown paper bag paper is the most common. You can write more than one name on the paper.

2) The type of candle you use on a sugar or honey jar is far less important than your proper preparation of the jar, your prayers over it, and your regular tending to it. Some people like a lot of wax buildup and they "read" the wax for signs (this is called ceromancy). Others prefer a clean or waxless burn.

For more information, please see my book, "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo

$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi,
What is the best way to annoint or dress a candle as I am left- handed.
and what is the best oil to use Come to me, commanding or bend over
and do I need to use the power as well?

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Hi AIRam,

I don't think it matters which hand is dominant, but to draw someone to you anoint from the base up to draw to you. I generally use the "kindest" oil first, which in this case is the Come to Me. If they are resistant, then I'd move to Commanding or Essence of Bend Over for more coercion. I"m not clear what you mean by using the power though.

Hope that helps.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:42 am

Hi Thank you,
sorry I meant using come to me powder on the candle as well as the oil.
If I use a glass encased candle what do I do about writing the person name on the side?
Can I have more than one name on a petition paper?
Is there a way for faster results especially for the person to call?
If I place a drop of come to me oil or power in her food would that help or make things bad?
I was reading online about using semen in food for someone, how does this work?

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:55 am

Hi
I have another question, is it better to use one 7 day glass enclosed come to candle or one 7 day candle where I anointed it myself or light one smaller candle each night. and what color do I use for a come to me spell?

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:02 am

Hi
If I were to use a glass encased come to me candle how would I dispose of the remains afterwards including the glass jar and petition paper?
Also is parchment paper better to use than brown paper?

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:15 am

Hi AIRam,

I'll try to get all of these into one response.

Yes, after you oil the candle you can powder it as well if you want. People also will roll a candle in pulverized herbs, too. It's just a different way of working.
For the glass encased candles, you can tape the name paper on the outside or I've also seen people write directly on the glass with a special marker. I generally write out the petition or write on their photograph and glue or tape it to the glass candle.
Yes, you can have multiple names on a petition paper, just be sure they are all about the same condition or petition.
Oil or powder in food, even in small amounts is often detectable, but not impossible. I usually reserve the oils and powders for direct contact and put the oil/powder on things they will touch like a doorknob or places that they will step across, like the threshold of a door.
There's a whole article on using body fluids in food here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/bodyfluids.html

Here's a thread on using menstrual blood, but similar process for using other body fluids:
menstrual-blood-questions-and-answers-t4800.html

As far as the choice of 7 day enclosed (I assume you mean prepared) candle vs. one you anoint yourself - it's entirely up to you. Both are effective and used about equally. For love, pink or red is the preferred color. If you can't find either of them, then using a plain white candle is always a good bet.

To dispose of the remains of the glass encased candle, I just wrap it up and put it in the garbage. If there is some remaining wax or herb residue, you could take that part to the crossroads or bury it in your front yard to draw her to you.

Parchment vs. Brown Paper - Parchment probably was the preference listed in older magical texts and grimoires that came into hoodoo, but was not readily available to most practioners, so they substituted brown paper. Either is entirely acceptable. Some people like the 'specialness' of parchment, others like the down home feel of brown paper taken from a paper bag and torn on all sides (not cut). Again, this is entirely a matter of taste and preference not a matter of which is better or not. They both work equally to convey your intention.

Hope that answered all your questions.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi,
I have a question.
If I started to burn a yellow candle for attraction on top a petition paper, how long do I have to wait before I start to burn pink then red candles over the same petition paper?
Do I anoint all of these with come to me, compelling or commanding oil.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi I have another question, is there a spell for her to feel that she needs me in her life or needs my help?

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Hello, Angelkitty,

It is used for breaking up a marriage or a relationship.

The witch's power assists in this spell.

take care
Thank you Miss Aida. Are there any spells on LM to go with these candles? I haven't been able to find be so far.

Thanks again.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi
which is best when placing a name or petition paper in your shoe, do you place under the inner sole or on top?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:59 pm

Hello, AlRam ,

Just for future reference, please make sure that you are posting in the appropriate subforums.

Your petition paper questions ought to be posted in the petition paper subforum.

And spells questions do not go on this subforum. Just go to the upper right hand corner of any page. In the dark green area, there is a white search box. Just type in the words for your search (example: petition papers) and you will be taken to the correct areas)

For petition papers, go to: petition-papers-and-name-papers-questio ... 39s60.html

Yes, you can put the paper under the inner sole.

Yu would use 3 different petition papers because the wax ought to be burning into the papers. And, yes you can anoint the papers.

To make her feel a certain way, try an influence skull candle spell: www.luckymojo.com/influence.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Hello, Angelkitty,

I would treat this candle as if it were alive and helping me.

I would even bless and name it. I would start a little relationship with it. Write your request on the candle along with a petition paper under it. It is a helper candle. So, treat it like it's alive and helping you.

As you burn it, talk to it. When it burns out, thank it for it's help.

In other words, it's my own personal witch!!

That's what I would do.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:00 am

Hi
Thank you, I am using smaller candles that usually burns out overnight, I was thinking to use seven smaller pink candles the ones that burns out overnight on top the petition paper( one each night) and the same thing but with red candles. I would anoint the pink candles with come to me oil and the red candles with command oil. As I am changing from pink to red do I need to change the petition paper because I would place it under an overturned saucer each night and then put everything away next morning until it is time to light the candle again. Am I doing anything worng here?

Also I have a honey jar spell where I does burn a red candle on top but the quality of candle I was using used to leave a puddle of wax on the lid. Recently I change the brand of candle and I noticed last night when the candle has burned 3/4 of the way one of the old wick from the previous candle got lighted somehow causing the lighted candle to melt lengthwise so i pinched out the flame from the old wick to prevent the candle from melting before it can finish burn but the candle that has reach 3/4 burned out shortly after so I lighted it again and it burned completely out melting the puddle of wax leaving the lid clean. I checked other forums but found nothing about this. What do I do? Shall I dispose of this honey jar and start over. The only thing in the jar is a petition paper.

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:13 am

Hi,
Another question can a white candle be anointed with come to me oil and lighted or does it have to be pink or red?

Shantilly

Unread post by Shantilly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:47 am

A white candle can be used. The colour of the candle helps reinforce in our own minds what it is for.

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 pm

I would even bless and name it. I would start a little relationship with it. Write your request on the candle along with a petition paper under it. It is a helper candle. So, treat it like it's alive and helping you.

That's what I would do.

Take care

Thank you Miss Aida. Would I be right in thinking that I could do the break up spell from LM and have a black witch candle burning alongside the black Eve candle to back the work up or should it be used as a separate spell all together?

Thanks again.

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi Angelkitty,

I would do the Witch candle a few days after the Break Spell from Lucky Mojo. This will continue your work after you finish the original spell.

Good Luck!
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Thank you once again for your help Ms Melanie. I will do it that way :)

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:32 am

Hi
I have a question, when I am writing someone name on to candle to burn over a petition paper, do I write the person name lenghtwise on the candle as well as the command or do I write it in a circle or spiral around the candle?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Different people do it different ways, both methods are used AlRam. Experiment and see which works best for you (gives you results).
Aura Laforest

AlRam

Unread post by AlRam » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:38 pm

hi I was read somewhere that if you are writing someone's name on a candle to draw that person towards you then you write the name from the bottom of the candle upwards, is this correct?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Some do it from the bottom up. Some do it from the top down. Both are used and both have found success in the hands of different workers. Some write up or down. Some spiral around the candle. Some vary it depending on the case. It depends on how you were taught and what works for you. Experiment and see. You'll find more on that and working candles in general in the following thread: candles-trim-carve-load-petition-pray-d ... t9108.html
Aura Laforest

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:44 am

That's what I would do.

Take care

Thank you Miss Aida.

Would you baptise the candle as you would a doll baby?

Should I dress the candle in break up oil or should I mix other oils like influence etc? Also in my moving candle spell I sprinkled asafoetida, black pepper and poppy seeds on the black Eve candle. Should I do the same with a witch candle?

Thanks again x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello, Angelkitty,

Now, every root worker does things differently.

But I am using this as a helper. So, I would use influence on it or (I would prefer) Commanding www.luckymojo.com/commanding.html

And I would definitely baptize and name it.

It's a good candle!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Angelkitty

Unread post by Angelkitty » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you once again for your help Miss Aida. It is very much appreciated.

I have just one last question. As this black witch candle is being used as a helper candle for a break-up spell, where would be the best place to dispose of the wax remains?

Many thanks again. x

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Hello, Angelkitty,

I'd keep her with the rest of the work.

Keep them together

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”