Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:14 pm

redlocs, your question is answered in this thread Spell timing eclipses and retrogrades
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Pink Moon

Unread post by Pink Moon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:37 am

Can one still do a road opener spell during Mercury Retrograde?

Thank you and blessings!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello, Pink Moon ,
Please read the 3 pages of this thread.
See what everybody says about this (as there are differing opinions) and then make your own decision.
Pay close attention to what Miss cat has posted
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Have you worked during Mercury Retrograde in the past? Did you see amazing results?
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Fri May 02, 2014 2:43 am

Can i found an oil for mercury retrograde in lucky mojo spiritual suplies ?

deaconmillett
Forum Moderator

Unread post by deaconmillett » Fri May 02, 2014 7:06 am

I use Lucky Mojo Mercury oil during retrograde periods to smooth out the rough edges and ease the way.

Many blessings,

Deacon Millett
Reader - Candle Server - Author - Hoodoo Psychics - President of the Board of AISC

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 am

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri May 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello, goldentouch97,
Yes. That's the one!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

goldentouch97

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:45 am

Thanks a lots.

redlocs

Unread post by redlocs » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 am

Hi everyone,
Just want to share a candle recipe that Ive created for Mercury Retrograde because im a Virgo, my daughter is a Virgo, and my other daughter is a Gemini (pray for me :D )

Orange candle
Herbs added: Lavender, Hyssop, Rosemary (Mercury herbs)
Oils: Lemongrass and protection oil (Lemongrass is a Mercury herb, I used protection oil because it was on hand)
Incense: Lavender, Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus is also a Mercury herb and used for psychic cleaning)

Please feel free to correct me or add on because I feel that I am still new to this.

Peace and Blessings.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Hello, redlocs,
I am so happy that I'm not in your shoes! YIKES!
Thank you for sharing your recipes.
And folks can find these herbs here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Please keep us posted on the results
take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

affie

Unread post by affie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi all, I need a little advice on my situation and Mercury retrograde. long story short, my ex and I have been broken up two years now, we now are speaking and have gotten back close. He mentions he misses me and still cares ect, and I've had all this confirmed by two airr readers. I had a come to me candle done last month and it was successful and I've been advised to do a healing vigil candle for him to help get over his hurt so we can move past our past, that is also being done by an airr worker. However in my two readings, the first reader advises me I should follow my heart when it comes to him and listen to the little voice within there and not my head as that just makes me be mean to him and pushes him away, I took that advice and it has worked amazing, but after following that advice I spent a weekend with him (out first in a year and it was amazing!) and I got Mack to my city and he became somewhat distant, so I had another reading to see if it was because he had someone and I was told that heis scared of being hurt again and that he feels like he let me back in so that's the reason for his distance, I was also told also because Mercury would be in retrograde in a few days I shouldn't expect communication from him..... Then something happened last night made me angry at him and I deleted him off all my social networks, so my question is, because of the Mercury retrograde should I just not contact my ex Til it's over? And can someone tell me a bit about why Mercury retrograde would affect our communication?

J-Mo
Forum Moderator

Unread post by J-Mo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Hello affie,

Mercury retrograde is a period of time when the planet Mercury appears to be going backwards in the sky. The planet mercury rules communication, travel etc. so this is a time when things are misheard, communication breaks down and things are just generally chaotic. If I were in your shoes i would tread very lightly with him until mercury goes direct. Have you thought about doing a honey jar on him once Mercury goes direct http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html also, i have known people who use Mercury oil to help ease the symptoms of a retrograde http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html

best of luck!
HRCC Graduate #1850 - Forum Moderator

affie

Unread post by affie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:45 pm

I actually had a healing vigil candle done for him by the airr worker..... So now I'm just waiting for it to be finished burning. Honey jar..... I've considered it but I'm still unsure.

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello All!
Does anyone have any idea whether the blood moons were good or bad times to do conjure? The Bible says that the moon will turn to blood before the great day of the Lord!! They were on Jewish holy days this year (Passover & Tabernacles) and also will be happening on the SAME holy days next year (Passover & Tabernacles) - good or bad in your opinions?? I did some love work (YES, using LM products) and was wondering..thanks!

Reason: Need to edit
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

Juxtapose

Unread post by Juxtapose » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Hello All!
Does anyone have any idea whether the blood moons were good or bad times to do conjure? The Bible says that the moon will turn to blood before the great day of the Lord!! They were on Jewish holy days this year (Passover & Tabernacles) and also will be happening on the SAME holy days next year (Passover & Tabernacles) - good or bad in your opinions?? I did some enemy work (YES, using LM products) and was wondering..thanks!
By this I know that You delight in me, Because mine enemy does not triumph over me - Psalms 41:11

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello, AsherDorian ,

In all honesty, I have never pad attention to that.

Some practitioners do. So, maybe a rootworke who works with the exact moons can answer your query.

We will have to wait and see if anyone else answers

Sorry!
HRCC Graduate #1631

BCAC

Unread post by BCAC » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 am

Hi! First time poster. Had a question about candle magick and how candle spells work during retrogrades? Are there any book recommendations anyone can make?

I'm interested in doing some skull candle magick to help with my mental state, as well as a few other spells (love spell, success in career, etc) and from I know, retrogrades slow things down. How will this effect my spellwork?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello, BCAC,

Retrogrades are a mixed batch --

WHICH PLANET?

Slow planet retrogrades are not too devastating, because they go on for long periods, we are used to them, and the planets themselves are more generalized in their effects than the fast planets. Fast planet retrogrades, especially Venus and Mercury, are more problematic. Mars is sometimes included with those, in part because of its ability to predict wars.

So, speaking very broadly, the retrogrades most astrologers fret about are Mercury (communications), Venus (love), and Mars (activity).

WHAT TYPE OF SPELL WORK?

Since a skull candle deals with the mind, working it during a Mercury retrograde would generally not be advantageous.

If it was being worked for love, attempting the spell during Venus retrograde would also be disadvantageous.

If it was being worked to drive someone into an angry fury, Mars retrograde would delay or slow the procedure.

So, you see, there is no one answer for that question.

TRANSITING ASPECTS OF THE RETROGRADE PLANET TO OTHER PLANETS

But it gets much deeper:

The retrograde planet may be making a "good" (positive, supportive) aspect to any planet in the sky during the retrograde, and that would make the retrograde milder.

Conversely, the retrograde planet may be making a "bad" (conflicting, opposing) aspect to any planet in the sky during the retrograde, and that would make the retrograde more difficult or more negative.

TRANSITING ASPECTS OF THE RETROGRADE PLANET TO THE NATIVE'S NATAL PLANETS AND HOUSES

In natal astrology (birth chart astrology) the person whose chart we are looking at is called the "native" (from nativity, the birth). Each time a retrograde occurs, it will or will not make "good" or "bad" aspects to the natal planet of everyone on earth, and in the case of a skull candle, the natal chart of the target should be looked at: how does the retrograde aspect the native's natal-position planets and in what houses (sectors of the sky) are the retrograde planet and the natal planets located?

For example: if the native's natal Saturn is in the 6th house (health) and it is opposed to natal Pluto in the 12th house (secrets), the person will be prone to having health issues and secret enemies and undiagnosed illnesses. Then if, in addition, Mercury retrograde stands square to the both of these planets from the 3rd house (communication), there will be delays in getting medical help and a health collapse may ensue. If your hope was to use the skull candle for a love spell at this time, it would be inadvisable. If your intention was to cause someone to suffer a relapse of a long-hidden mental illness and a delay in diagnosis and treatment due to lack of communication between medical personnel, this would be a fairly advantageous time to do your worst.

IN CONCLUSION

The subject of astrology is too complex for me to answer your general question with a simple "how it will be" conjecture.

However, you can make some determinations for yourself by seeking out an astrologer who does elections (finds the best times to work a spell) or by applying the principles i have outlined here for yourself.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Godislove

Unread post by Godislove » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:03 pm

There is an upcoming retrograde coming up on the 21st. I need to lay a trick and I won't be able to do it till possibly during the retrograde. Nonetheless I have to drive upon hours to do so. Is there anything I can do to avoid getting screwed up. I was going to do a candle for safe travel. Is there any good aspects I could focus on for this upcoming retrograde.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Hello, Godislove ,

Can't you do your safe travel spell now??

I'm not an Astrologer. So, unless one sees this question, I don't know what to tell you about this particular retrograde. You might want to consult with an AIRR member who does know Astrology.

http://readersandrootworkers.org

Sorry!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Can2017

Unread post by Can2017 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

My FWP supplies were on back order for a while and were shipped yesterday (Jan 15 - as per last call to shop). I'm still doing my uncrossing run so this didn't worry me much, except it's now likely they'll arrive after the MR has begun (Jan 21-Feb 11).

My question is, am I good to proceed with the FWP after the uncrossing work is done regardless of the retrograde, or am I better off waiting till Feb 11?

Also, while on the subject of timing, is FWP considered a waning or waxing type of ritual?

Many thanks,
malamo

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Hello, malamo,

I like Fiery wall during the waxing moon. But, always remember that if it's an emergency, moon phases ought not matter.

Use the FWP regardless of the retrograde. Just start again when it goes direct.

So, you're doing it twice.

I hope this helps

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Can2017

Unread post by Can2017 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:05 pm

Sounds good, thanks Miss Aida!
Best,
malamo

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:42 am

I know it's a bumpy time but I woke up this morning thinking I shouldn't hold off on doing a Jinx Killer--on the bumpiest day of all!
I was dreaming of the Northern Lights and the colors were the jinx my ex-husband called out to me as we separated, cursing my money, my relationships, and my success. And just before I woke I saw it start swirling around like a flock of birds but moving like turbulence in a plane too. And then, just as with a flock, turn quickly and go in the opposite direction and the colors changed in the sky and settled. I know hoodoo is flexible and that's why I'm curious. I had been trying to wait until after the retrograde to do the work. If I use Jinx Killer right now with the focus on the shift from Jinxed to Free, would that work make sense? It sure seemed to be the message. Thanks! Q2B

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Hello, queen2be ,

Do what your spirit is telling you to do.

Mercury in Retrograde is over! FREEDOM!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 am

I've wondered about sending a sneaky dusted & dressed greeting card via snail mail. I thought of including $$$ to ensure the person makes contact with it and dressing the corners (or a five spot) of each of the $$$ bills with a blend of Crossing Oil, Double Cross Oil, Inflammatory Confusion Oil, and Jinx Oil. I'm going to dress the greeting card and $$$ with Destruction, Damnation, Devil's & Black Arts

I had wondered if mailing this in either this year's Venus retrograde or one of the Mercury retrogrades would be more advantageous compared to the waning moon. I had thought that with idea of breaking communication apart with the oilblends coincides with the similar breakdown of Mercury retrograde.

However, An ideal time for them to receive a greeting card without arising any suspicion is during this year's Venus retrograde, (it's their bday during VR) but I dont' know if that's viable timing either. From what I've read here, and I can very well have misread and misinterpreted, but it doesn't seem like Venus Retrograde is that significant of a time, at least to alter my work around it. The other benefit of the this time is the bday is during the waning moon, which might be all i need.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to read and, if you reply, your comments are appreciated! Thank you!! :)

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello Santiago,

My approach to planetary timing is to use it when it is convenient but I do not move my work around a whole lot based on what the planets are doing. Other people will vary of course as this is different with different workers. My advice would be to send dung the birthday, particularly with the moon being on your side. Also doing work during Mercury retrograde could possibly effect your own work as well so you avoid that by doing the work outside of that time! Hope this is helpful!

Peace~

Nathen

Nethaera

Unread post by Nethaera » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:44 am

In regards to the Mercury Retrograde, I have read here on the forum that some suggest it's best not to start any new spells during this time. However, I have also seen it stated that Mercury Retrograde is a good time for breakup spells, causing fights/confusion etc.

My question is, would it be okay to START a breakup spell during the Mercury Retrograde? Or should I wait until Mercury goes direct before starting any spell at all?

Also, would it be pointless to perform, say a skull spell for love during the retrograde and then perform the EXACT same spell with another skull candle once Mercury goes direct just to reinforce the 1st spell in case the retrograde mucked the first one up?

Thanks in advance!

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon May 18, 2015 11:30 am

Hello Nethaera,

There really is not one right answer to your questions. It really can vary form worker to worker. I know of folks who do not do any work during retrogrades and some folks who could care less about where Mercury is or what it is doing. Other folks work during Mercury retrogrades but do things to mitigate the effects of the retrograde such as keeping a Mercury vigil candle lit during this time. Ultimately you will just have to see what works best for you. I honestly do not know how a Mercury retrograde would effect a Break Up work. I suppose it could be helpful in terms of messing up their communication.

I do think it is fine to start your Break Up work during the retrograde and see what happens! You can always repeat the work later as you suggested if you feel it mucked up your work in any way.

Peace~

Nathen

Nethaera

Unread post by Nethaera » Mon May 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Thank you so much, Nathen!

karma_13

Unread post by karma_13 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:04 am

Question about Mercury being in retrograde...

I am doing both break up work on my ex and his current, and also return to me on my ex and me. I initially thought about holding off on all spell work until Mercury goes direct (after June 11th); however, that's a LONG time (like 3 weeks) and I like what Natstein said in an earlier post about doing break up work DURING the retrograde because it could mess up communication between the two of them.

Should I also continue my love work to counter any miscommunications that might happen between the two of us, or what would anyone suggest? I know it's probably entirely up to each individual person and how they feel about the planets and their work, and each rootworker will probably differ on their opinion...but I don't want to repeat work nor do I want it to have an adverse effect if I'm doing something when I should have taken a break.

Can I start a freezer spell during this time? Lay tricks? Continue candles on my honey jar? I'm so confused and I hate holding off wasting precious time...I'm NOT one to sit and wait!

Thanks for your input!!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 20, 2015 9:28 pm

Hello, karma_13,

You can perform any of these spells.

But I wouldn't mess with the communication spell at all until Mercury goes back to Direct. I do know what you're implying but I still wouldn't do it

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

inlove35

Unread post by inlove35 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Everyone,
i have read through the forum about mercury retrograde and I still could use a bit of clarification. I understand it is ok to begin confusion work and even a freezer spell during this time. I wanted to start a chupprosa candle or a stay with me honey jar. So is this ok or do I need to wait? I really like to utilize this time.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello, inlove35

You should be alright to do this.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

EmpoweredbyLove

Unread post by EmpoweredbyLove » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:25 am

Hello All,

I am a Gemini so Mercury is my ruling planet. I am scheduled for plastic surgery on Jan. 16th. This is not a cosmetic procedure but rather a reconstruction one. I have been waiting for this surgery for almost a year, during which I visited the surgeon every two months for assessment of my tissues' readiness for surgery. Last December, he told me the great news that I was finally ready and decided on the date of surgery. This was awesome news for me as my eyes have been really deteriorating because of my lids inability to close all the way during sleep. This causes extreme dryness and resulted in other complications because I do have issues with my eyes in general.

Now, Mercury is and will still be going retrograde during and after surgery. Is there anything at all that I can do to make sure all goes well during and after surgery? I mean, these are my eyes! And my face! But, I really need to get this procedure done.

Kindly let me know your thoughts and advice ASAP as I am only 3 days away from it.

Blessings!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Hello, EmpoweredbyLove

This is what Miss cat says:

catherineyronwode » Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 am

"I am a practitioner of hoodoo and an astrologer.. I do not undertake trips or begin new spells that are about Mercurial situations (literature, communication, short trips, etc.) when Mercury is retrograde, For other situations, i am not as particular"

Since you only have 3 days, there's not enough time to buy any products.

So, if you're uncomfortable, please try a protection spell: www.luckymojo.com/protection.html

If you have any Blessing products, they would also be perfect too

Good Luck
HRCC Graduate #1631

EmpoweredbyLove

Unread post by EmpoweredbyLove » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Thank you Miss Aida! Will try my best to reschedule. If not, I will check out the spell and do it.

FairyGodWitch

Unread post by FairyGodWitch » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I didn't get into retrogrades until this week. I just started working with the moon phases correctly. Does mars retrograde have a bad effect on love work? I wanted to make a doll baby and do other love spells and don't know if I should wait until the end of this month to do it because the situation is dire

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello, FairyGodWitch ,

I am not an astrologer. But, I only worry abut Eclipses and mercury in Retrograde.

Sometimes, I get concerned about Venus in retrograde for love spells. But, not everything else. And my spells still work

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:40 am

Unaware of the Mercury Retrograde and its affects, I have been working for communication these last few days. Including ordering 3x Mercury candles (and Attraction and Influence) to be burnt at MISC.
The Mercury candles have only just been ordered a few days ago.

Will it be worth calling and asking if they can burn all three at once so they all start before the retrograde? Or seeing as it's a run and they're currently being burnt one after the other and generally the work had started before the retrograde (I believe they already lit the first candle) it should still be okay?
Reading through this now has got me quite worried. The person I'm working on will be leaving the workplace just as the retrograde finishes so working on him after won't be as helpful (since as I have no means to contact him).

EDIT: Sorry I have only just seen this post. So I suppose in this case the 3x Mercury vigils can actually help me continue the Attraction/Influence work I had started before the retrograde..

Subject: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Hello, lalyil ,

You just asked this question on a different thread and I had answered you.

PLEASE only post your question one time. This is double posting and against the forum rules.

Thanks for understanding

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Ladee

Unread post by Ladee » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:18 pm

Since Mercury Retrograde lasts 3 weeks, do energies slow down during this time since no spells are to be performed and no candles are to be lit for communication and love? What can be done to at least attempt to keep things strong between yourself and your target? I know these things aren't always guaranteed but I thought I'd ask since I am not knowledgeable about it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:43 am

Hello, Ladee ,

Miss cat says that reconciliation spells can be performed during retrograde.

Also, it NEVER hurts to perform Novenas during this time. I can't imagine that God or a Saint would say: "Well, Mercury is in Retrograde so I can't answer your prayers".

So I always recommend this as being a perfect time for Novenas or just prayers to God or the Saints

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Ladee

Unread post by Ladee » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:57 am

Thank you, Miss Aida.

dreamweaver

Unread post by dreamweaver » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on working spells for causing arguments and disagreements during mercury retrograde? Its not a new target so I'm thinking the retrograde might add to the effects.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello, dreamweaver ,

Yes, many people do this type of work during mercury in retrograde.

Wishing you great success

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:17 am

Hi All -

Doc Murphy here.

Ok, i gotta question: Venus is Retrograde right now. There's a lot here in this thread about magic during a Mercury Retrograde, but what about when Venus is Retrograde? Is there information in the hoodoo tradition about this troubling transit?

Disclosure:
1.i'm having love troubles again (what else, right?)
2. Venus is Ret in my birth chart; i typically have my best love luck during this transit, but this one's the worst ever..my sweetie is mired in his memories of loves past (abuse & pain), and he's grown afraid of a future with me...i guess that shouldnt be surprising during this transit, but man...this is awful right now..
3. What are any of your opinions about doing magic of any kid during Venus Retrograde, especially love & reconciliation magic? Have any of you had good results? Bad rezults? No results?
4. If i did decide to to love magic during this transit, what should i be wary of? What should i try to do, and to avoid? Should i leave it to a professional?

I'd appreciate feedback on this - i feel i should do something, but i also feel just frozen and immobilized magically.. i have a reading set for saturday with my wonderful AIRR friend on specifics, but i am interested to hear what others of you think of magic during this transit.

Thank you all for being here.

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:10 am

Hello magicmurphy,

If you scroll up through the previous pages of this thread, you'll find a post from Miss Cat that address that very question!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Sweet! Thanks! (Couldn't scroll earlier, was on a phone.)

Doc Murphy
St. Paul, MN

----
Update after scrolling and reading: Well, I guess that answers that...
I guess I light a St. Jude candle and pray it isn't hopeless..

Thanks All...

Ravenlove

Unread post by Ravenlove » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello!!

Hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

I have two on-going spells that are worked weekly. One is a dolly (that I just repaired) and the other is a skull.

I did a quickie divination after the repair to see if all was clear and working (it previously was very potent) and was thinking of adding something that came to me in a dream.

M my question is will Merc. Retrograde effect divination, and or my regular weekly workings? They are for love.

I read through the posts but couldn't quite find the answers.

Thankyou, as always!

Reason: Don't need an answer anymore.

Ravenlove

Unread post by Ravenlove » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 am

Hello,

This may seem silly, but I am planning on doing a cleansing/uncrossing and then love bath during Merc. Retrograde, mostly focusing on the phases of the waxing moon (Uncrossing) into the Waxing (Love). I am going to burn some Mercury Incense to raise the vibrations a bit.

Can I do this bath set and be okay, or will I have to repeat the entire process once Mercury goes direct?

Thankyou!!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 am

Hi Ravenlove,

You can continue any work you started before retrograde, but avoid initiating any new spells until after Mercury goes direct again. Cleansing and protection should be done on a regular basis so you would be OK to keep that work going even at this time.

Do not start love spells now. Wait until retrograde is over.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:53 am

Stimulated by the questions and comments about Mercury Retrograde Oil that appeared on a friend's timeline last night, i wrote a rather lengthy (you were warned!) take on what it is and why some astrologers might make and use it. Nothing for sale, no illustrations, and no product endorsements -- just an old astrologer's opinion offered freely to the world.

http://luckymojo.com/mercuryretrogradeoil.html
catherine yronwode

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:11 am

On today's solar eclipse: Miss Cat, I read what you wrote, and I would not dream of doing anything during the solar eclipse. Just about every culture in the world stops everything and waits in awe. Heck, that's what our modern supposedly non-superstitious culture is doing right now.

I'm just wondering how long to wait on the honey jar this evening. You said "several hours either side," so I was hoping that maybe catching some of the new moon this evening (@ 6 pm PST, or six hours after it's over) would be ok. Who knows, my guts may know better than I do when it comes time. I can wait until Wednesday if it's safer.

Or, in other words, the dragon will have pooped out the sun by then and the sweepers will have put it on the compost heap, and perhaps it will be reasonable to worry about Skippy and other more earthly affairs.
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

Sister Jean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:57 am

Hello Honeybeelight,

I think six hours counts as a solid "several hours," so I think you'd be fine to start your spellwork then. Good luck to you in your work!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you, Sister Jean. Ultimately, that is what I did, but first, after the eclipse, I lit a white candle to my Guardian Angel, prayed, and was thankful. I went off and out of the house and did other things for several hours. So that made a nice, clear line, or at least I hoped so.
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

JAD82017

Unread post by JAD82017 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 am

I know love spells should not be started during mercury retrograde but I was wondering if vinegar jars could be started during this time. Thank you :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:03 am

JAD82017 --

Matters of "should" and "should not" are by no means universal, but if one follows the symbolism of astrology as a timing device in spell-casting (and i presume one would not be posting in this thread if one did not), then i would say that spells of diminishment of any kind might well be started during a Mercury Retrograde -- BUT, alas, when Mercury turns Direct, they will be undone again. In other words, they would be short-term spells of reversal.
catherine yronwode

Sapmoss
HRCC Student

Unread post by Sapmoss » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 pm

Thank you Miss Cat I much appreciated your writing on Mercury Retrograde...why some people may not believe in it...why others might try to have an open mind to it...
Unfortunately as you know Candelo now recently replied online on the WWW for everyone to hear his version of events...I loved Cat 's posting and it reflected my experience and understanding. However a certain radio show host thought it wise to respond with more of what was alarming...people "playing victim " etc ....Much twisting of facts to point of defamation. When a person raising the alarm of a form of bullying is branded as such...I ask where does that reasoning end, Bullying is just that and often occurs in front the online world to see. Further public bullying and threats only prove my point. Isnt there a better way to proceed?

We have floods in Texas and nonsense in Neo Nazis fronts in much of the world since esp Trump ...it helps if we stand together...causing this dissension
with slander and misrepresentation is no help to anyone. Bury it and lets move on. Not to mention this matter just proved many peoples points that Mercury Retrograde is indeed a force to be dealt with ...most unfortunately...Miscommunication and misrepresentation...If I never believed it before now I surely would after watching this.

It proved the point that Mercury Retrograde is real...and what astrologers say are its realities...in fact are indeed ..reality...sadly. This whole affair esp on radio show Candelos Corner proved it true. Now may we move on understanding in the future, Public slander only proves that Mercury Retrograde is true. It doesn't help your cause. Let us move on

Now lets move on to healing and understanding... As I hope I have soon,
blessings...xox
cc

Reason: See admin

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”