• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:54 am

Ouija, Mystic Eye, Board Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Ouija, Mystic Eye, Board Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby Laslo Zand » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:21 pm

as something of a novice i was wondering...

i know some workers use tarot, pendulum, dice, playing cards, and naturally gifted physic readings ect for divination. but how many pro use oujia or the mystic eye board for client work? :roll:
Laslo Zand

Re: Divination Tools: Divination Tools: Spirit Boards, Ouija, My

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm

I think you are trying to take a survey here and I doubt you are going to get many responses. Different professionals do different things. The professional workers that I know that do use Ouija boards do so primarily to contact spirits, not for divination for a client or case.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Re: Divination Tools: Spirit Boards, Ouija, Mystic Eye

Unread postby path2success » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:02 am

Hi Everyone,

1) Is there a divination tool or any other technique/books at LM which can help one to determine if he/she is filled with positive/negative energy at any point in time?

I'm doing a lot of meditation, trying to be positive most of the time, using affirmations and prayers, using oils, casting spells and yet I haven't seen movement to the extent I would like to see..So I wonder if I'm -ve subconsciously...

2) Also can I ask a AIRR rootworker to work on me, to enhance my spell casting abilities... or increase my manisfestation powers by working on my mind...

I've seen the spell casting categories and I'm not sure if this is something I can request for...

Basically looking for long term spiritual empowerment of myself...
path2success

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:18 pm

If you have a divination method that you favor, you can of course use it to help you determine how you are doing spiritually. Some readers find it challenging to read for themselves, though, and there's nothing wrong with getting someone to do that kind of divination for you. That being said, learning the pendulum is very easy and you can make all sorts of charts that can help you measure different things - including your general energy levels or spiritual wellbeing.

If you're not seeing movement in your work, have a professional read for you on the matter &/or do some good deep cleansing and Road Opening work to help you get clear. Then try again.

Yes, there are works that can be done to help enhance your natural spiritual abilities - they utilize products like Psychic Vision and Master Key. Those kind of works often get catagorized as "personal power" work, so you can see what AIRR workers do that kind of thing and contact them for aid.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Ouija Board Questions and Answers

Unread postby DestinyAndFate1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi, does anyone ever use a Ouija board to connect to spirits, or for answers if so is it dangerous?
DestinyAndFate1

Re: Ouija Boards

Unread postby trish76 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

I have actually used the Ouija board on several occasions. I find I prefer using it alone...the friends I have used it with have a tendency to yank that little planchette to the answer they want lol. I personally was not afraid, but that is likely due to ignorance rather than bravado. I have always been able to get answers from it....that were proven to be accurate. Now whether that information came from a spirit or were my own psychic inclinations and intuitions coming through...I do not know. Depending on what path, if any, you follow, and the belief system associated with that, would determine whether or not if you feel it is dangerous to use the board. I know people who insist it's "from the devil" and would never go near one, and I know others who use it as if it is just a game, and don't take it very seriously.

The Lucky Mojo site on the Ouija board does say that if you are new to mediumship work, you should be with a trusted friend...in order to prevent any lasting effects on your psyche. (They sell the Ouija Board as well).

http://www.luckymojo.com/ouija.html
trish76

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:49 pm

If you do not know, or are not protected-- do not invite in. NO.

See Trish76's advice above last sentence.

I will be happy to provide you with links where this is not for newbes.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DestinyAndFate1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 pm

Miss Tammie Lee wrote:If you do not know, or are not protected-- do not invite in. NO.

See Trish76's advice above last sentence.

I will be happy to provide you with links where this is not for newbes.

So would doing some protective spells be wise if your using one, I'm not thinking of using one, but just want some general info on it.
DestinyAndFate1

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Talk to Miss Cat about this. Please. This is a door that you can open, and you may not understand, like or be ready to understand; there are entities that you can invite in-- and it can be dangerous. Book a ten minute reading with Miss Cat and please don't work with the board until you do.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby DestinyAndFate1 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Miss Tammie Lee wrote:Talk to Miss Cat about this. Please. This is a door that you can open, and you may not understand, like or be ready to understand; there are entities that you can invite in-- and it can be dangerous. Book a ten minute reading with Miss Cat and please don't work with the board until you do.

Alright, thanks.
DestinyAndFate1

Unread postby Newathoodoo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 am

I've had a OUIJA board since I'm 14 and I never knew you should cleanse before and after using it. I was wondering how accurate it is, I have asked the same questions about some people and it always gives me the same answer.
Newathoodoo

Unread postby bedatcheeky80 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:49 am

Miss Tammie Lee wrote:Talk to Miss Cat about this. Please. This is a door that you can open, and you may not understand, like or be ready to understand; there are entities that you can invite in-- and it can be dangerous. Book a ten minute reading with Miss Cat and please don't work with the board until you do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Most people will tell you that it is not dangerous but there are elements that needs to be considered. I read once that an individual invited a psychic vampire and latched onto her (an unwilling contract) causing ill health. Whether this is true or not, I am aware it is a medium that open doorways to the spiritual realm that can be dangerous.
bedatcheeky80

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 am

Ouija is a door, and it is up to the practitioner to learn who to let in, so to speak.

These Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers site may be of help in understanding Spirit Guide contacts.

Category:Working Within the Spiritualist Tradition
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _Tradition

Category:Mediumship
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Mediumship

Category:Spirits and Spirit Guides
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... rit_Guides

List of Spiritualist Organizations
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/L ... anizations

We carry ouija boards at the shop:

DIV-SPI-OUIJ
Ouija Board, Glow-in-the-Dark, with Planchette
$40.00

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Newathoodoo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks Miss Cat
Newathoodoo

Re: Ouija Board Questions and Answers

Unread postby GoodLuckNatalie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 pm

My great-grandmother used a Ouija board alone and she was a Christian and from what I understand a pleasant nice lady. I think she had what protection she needed. I've used one with my mom and my ex-husband and although we seemed to get answers, they weren't exactly informative or malevalent-seeming.

I'm a pisces - it seems like really doors are everywhere. Automatic writing, some types of meditation, dreams, graveyards, the internet, just the random doors you find in daily life between the physical world and what I think of as the spirit world.

Then again, I'm kinda half-cray. I've seen the ghost of my cat twice and seen Jesus briefly in my rear-view. So maybe the Ouija had something to do with that.

Then again, maybe it was all those times at slumber parties turning around in circles in a dark closet with a mirror, saying "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary." That couldn't have exactly invited the fluffy happy spirits to hang out. :)
*Pisces Sun, Sag Moon, Gem Rising*
fan of show, CSL member, happy customer, hopeful future student
GoodLuckNatalie

Unread postby Newathoodoo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Well I've been cleansing my hands lately before and after using the Ouija Board. I just ask questions about how people really feel about me who I know.
Newathoodoo

Unread postby nana664 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 pm

I had a cute little ouija board keychain years ago. Too bad I lost it. It was a great conversation piece.
Thank you St. Anthony, for all you've done for me
nana664

Unread postby ckolb » Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm

I get surprised how many people fear ouija boards; I have my wonderful glow-in-the-dark ouija board because someone else (a teenager) won it in a "white elephant" christmas party and his dad said he would absolutely not be allowed to take it into their house!

For me it's just the same as any other tool, for example any precautions you use for skrying your crystal ball should be used with you ouija, or anything you would do before automatic writing; but it's weird because nowhere near as many people seem to be so worried about either of those tools.

Coming I do something similar for most of actual sit down work. It's not specifically set, but it's usually something like:
-relax fully in mind body and spirit
-ring a bell and follow the tone into "the silence" (sometimes I do this later, sometimes twice)
-light altar candles, zodiac candles and incense to the glory of god
-purify my space and my self through prayer and the use of holy water
-pray to God, my guardian angel, my ancestors and any spirits I feel are appropriate for their help and protection
-often I will enter the silence again (as described in Strabo's book on prayer) which will lead into the work at hand

At this point, I'm set. I abbreviate the above for shorter work of course.

ALSO, if you are sensitive to suggestion ,,,make sure not to watch the movie "Witchboard" right before you attempt to use the ouija (unless your into that kind of thing!)
“Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat.” -Ben Hecht
ckolb

Unread postby Fixerkitty » Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 am

I collect talking boards. The only Parker Brothers one I'm missing is the 1972 edition. I've got the 1966 one that has William Fuld's name on the box, though the box has heavy damage. The contents are fine, though. I have the 1992 PB edition and both glow-in-the-dark editions. There are differences in the planchettes, though not the board and the box--and I'm wondering what genius thought it'd be a good idea to put hard plastic caps on the planchette's feet instead of felt pads in the latest edition. It's a shame, too, as I like that planchette's design better. Oh well. I also have the bright pink one they made in a limited edition. I don't like that one as it is quite thin and cheap feeling. It feels like it'll snap in half if I lean on it wrong. *sigh* It stays in the closet in the original box. I also found the Emily one (not PB) and it's really cute, though small and pretty much useless as a talking board. I'm always looking to add to my collection. :twisted: ;)

Anyway, the Ouija is a tool, not a toy, though it's sold as the latter. I always banish before and after, as well as ask that any information I get is truthful and useful for the highest good. Incense and candles help, though I won't be burning many candles here until October. It's supposed to be 104F today. I keep my house around 80-82F and I don't want the A/C working any harder than it has to. So candles are optional, but I would use whatever method you know to mark off sacred space.

I use it more as a divination tool than anything else. The information I get is dicey at best. Sometimes it says things that are completely off and have no connection to reality. Sometimes it's dead-on right. I have no idea what the answers will be ahead of time. Is this because of spirits? I don't know. Is it my own subconscious playing tricks? I don't know. There's no way to tell. I write everything the Ouija says down so I can go back and check it later for accuracy. I always use the board by myself, though. I get better results that way. Groups tend to have a dominant personality, often not who you think it is, that will often subconsciously control the Ouija session. Great for thrills, but not real results.

Above all, what you'll get out of the Ouija is what you bring to it. That's not saying there are bad entities out there--there are, but most of the bad stories are just that--stories. I hear things like 'the Ouija made me haunted,' or 'the Ouija brought a poltergeist in,' and I'm far more likely to tell them to put it away and go see a shrink to find out why they're crying out for attention like that. I have plenty that goes bump in the night around here--it's called three cats. They don't have anything to do with Ouija, except to hang out and watch while I use it, as well as occasionally pat at the planchette with their paws. Sometimes they'll sit in the middle of the board if they don't feel I paid proper attention to them. This gets them kicked out of the working area. *shrug* If you take it seriously, don't treat it or the forces you deal with as toys, and are honest with yourself, I think it will serve you well. This holds true for any form of divination, not just Ouija.

Good luck!!
Beneath my feet I can feel
That I'm a slave,
Slave to Gravity
--Neuroactive
Fixerkitty

Unread postby path2success » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:09 am

Thank you Devi, you addressed all my concerns.. Guess it's time to learn the pendulum...and contact AIRR!
path2success

Protection When Using Spirit/Psychic Boards

Unread postby DeborahHarris » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:13 am

What LM products (baths,oils, powders ect.) would be good for protection when doing spirit board divination? Thanks in advance.
DeborahHarris

Re: Protection When Using Spirit/Psychic Boards

Unread postby -JR- » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am

Hi Deborah,
I would try Protection products and Spirit Guide products to welcome in friendly/helpful Spirits. You could dress the board and planchette with powder or oil depending what it's made of. Your hands, of course, can be dressed as well.
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-spirit-guide.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/products-protection.html

Hope that helps!
Jim #1613G
-JR-

Re: Ouija, Mystic Eye, Board Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby Euoi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:54 pm

I don't trust Ouija boards unless I've done a summoning rite to question a specific spirit. There are simply too many "astral nasties"who will deceive you and pretend to be your dead relative, an angel, demon, or what have you. Ouija boards are also great if you've yet to again physical manifestation in evocation. The spirit can communicate through the board.
Euoi

Unread postby MaryBee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:27 pm

I agree with Euoi. I don't use my ouija board when trying to contact ancestors; I can't be sure if it's a trickster. I rely on my cards and dream work to make sure I'm talking to the right people :)
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Jenny » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Nah, personally I wouldn't mess with Ouija board.
I just feel it's more to it than people think there is. I agree with previous posters about dangers of opening 'portal', for unknown entities that can claim to be your relatives or friends and gain your trust... if session is not closed properly then whatever is summoned might stay in this dimension and cause many problems to the person involved. I would just say it's dangerous especially for newbies. I wanted to get one but something just kept telling me to leave it alone, which I did.
Jenny

spirit boards, talking boards, Ouija

Unread postby liminalSister » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello everyone!

I wonder if any of you use a spirit or talking board (Ouija) for divination. I have always has a soft place for the technique as it was my first brush with mediumship as a child
and I value the intimacy of the technique (within reason and with caution, of course).

I'd love to hear thoughts or experiences from those of you who use a spirit board.

Warmly,
Madeleine
liminalSister

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Hello, liminalsister,

We sure do have a lot of friends, customers, and clients who work with spirit boards of various types. We carry a few in our shop. Here is one that not too many folks are familiar with -- The Mystic Eye. It combines the talking board idea with the pendulum concept, making for a unique form of spirit board:

DIV-SPI-MYST
Mystic Eye Board with Magnetic Pendulum
$22.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby liminalSister » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi Catherine!

Oh! that looks fascinating! I love the pendulum (I wear one often) but I have never used it for divination. I will have to check this board out! Thanks for the information!

Warmly
Madeleine
liminalSister

Re: spirit boards, talking boards, Ouija

Unread postby Charls » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:01 pm

liminalSister wrote:Hello everyone!

I wonder if anywondering how you got on with it? use a spirit or talking board (Ouija) for divination. I have always has a soft place for the technique as it was my first brush with mediumship as a child
and I value the intimacy of the technique (within reason and with caution, of course).

I'd love to hear thoughts or experiences from those of you who use a spirit board.

Warmly,
Madeleine

Hi Madeleine

Did you get one of the pendulum eye spirit boards? just wondering
Did you
Charls

Unread postby Charls » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Just wondering how you got on with it?

I have a Ouija board when my dad first brought it Home ' the glow in the dark Ouija game ' I swas surprised and said " Dad they're proper bad sh## they are! " and the next thing a glass on the kitchen side smashed all on its own, only me and my dad in the room no one near the glass. Another time me and some friends spjoke to a guy on what would of been his 21st birthday but he was murdered the night before. ( oh my as I just wrote that last sentence my phone vibrated for like a minute for NO reason as if incoming call but there wasn't one) I agree they shouldn't be messed with I was young and stupid. Loool also candles went out on their own, that's happened to me too when doing candle magic when I not bothered to cast a circle
Charls

Unread postby Susan Barnes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:52 am

I always quite liked Ouija Boards. But I never had the experience, Charls, of a glass smashing on its own!
Yikes! Sounds like you're a natural conduit to the spirit world.

But when I work with them now, I make sure I'm fully protected with either Fiery Wall of Protection
or I will take a 13 herb bath after.
httP//www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000
Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

vision board

Unread postby erclvrb18 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:05 am

I have read many places that a vision board alone is a spell but is there something to help boost the work of a vision board?
erclvrb18

Re: vision board

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Hello, erclvrb18 ,

Welcome to the forum!!

We realize you are new here. But please keep your questions on the appropriate subforums. Just go to any page on this forum. In the upper right hand corner there is a dark green area with a white search box. Just enter your key words and the search engine will take you there. We would appreciate this as splitting, moving, and merging posts to the correct area is tedious ad time consuming for the moderators. Thanks

Anyway, here is my suggestions (and I use it all the time....buy it by the 4 ounce bottles!!)

www.luckymojo.com/psychicvision.html

Wishing you the best with this

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

PostThis post was deleted by Miss Aida on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 am.
Reason: posting from other places

Can Ouija Boards be used for good, and if so how can I do it

Unread postby Lemac » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello Lucky Mojo Forum,

I'm looking at getting into Ouija Boards. I have played with them in the past and have had some very terrifying experiences with them.

The only reason why I'm considering using them again is because I need guidance to help 5 family members who will be…lets just say they need my help.

I'm desperate.

Is there a way to, lets say program (pro-lack of a better term) a Ouija Board to only allow good spirits to come though? Would saying a prayer before playing with one help, and if so, which prayer?

Thanks.
Lemac

Unread postby Miss Aida » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello, Lemac ,

Although I personally don't use them, you could try using Fiery Wall of Protection products (oil, incense, candles) on and around your board: www.luckymojo.com/fierywall.html

After you are finished, light Tibetan Ghost Purging Incense around your house to get rid of the "unwanteds" www.luckymojo.com/tibetanghostpurgingincense.html

And here is an array of psalms that you can choose from for prayers: http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _of_Psalms

Good luck and please be careful
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards