Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hello from NY!

ny_flybaby
Hello from NY!

Unread post by ny_flybaby » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:59 am

I have come to a crossroads in my life and now realize that I want to help people overcome their obstacles and heal in life. I have some experience in dealing with spell work, but not hoodoo/rootwork. Now that I know a little about hoodoo/rootwork, I think it is the most practical, accessible and flexible form of the work for me. I look forward to learning more and becoming proficient.

As a child, I was interested in ghosts, angels, demons, etc. I had a great-aunt who, with her husband (my grandfather's brother) moved to NY from SC to follow my grandfather and his other brother up north to make their fortunes. She used to tell me stories of them exorcising demons from people at church and sometimes actually seeing the angry demons they exorcised. I was particularly fascinated with the descriptions of what they saw. She also did what I now recognize as southern folk magic.

As a teenager, I was interested in magical topics. However, I knew of no way to find others, so I was a solo practitioner who never learned very much. I could only get information via mail order and I remember waiting weeks for things to arrive. I used to buy books from England, I used to buy charms and readings from California, and I used to buy from from other publishers). I stopped when my family (brothers and sisters) made fun of me for it, made my life unbearable because of it, and called me an evil "witch." I had a little crystal ball too, but don't know what happened to it. I also remember actually calling rootworkers from the classified ads section of "The Enquirer" (and other publications like it). I remember my mother complaining about strange numbers appearing on the long-distance portion of the telephone bill, so I stopped.

As a teenager and young woman, I read tarot cards. Now I have forgotten all I used to know (and lost my original Rider-Waite deck). It has been so long and now I am trying to teach myself using books. I also miraculously found a tarot deck that I don't even remember owning while checking the back of a shelf for items to sell at a garage sale. It was a well-used Thoth deck. I don't remember ever reading Thoth, just Rider Waite. I checked and all the cards are there. Very curious.

As a young woman, I became somewhat proficient at I Ching. I taught myself from a book, translated from the original Chinese, which I cannot find (and cannot remember the title of).

At various times in my life, I have petitioned the Saints, not by spell work, but by using Catholic prayer card instructions.

I would say my only experience with something hoodoo related was once when I was in my mid-twenties, I felt strange and oppressed, like something negative was hanging closely around me and I couldn't shake it. I went to a shop and found something to bathe in (a bottle of liquid to be poured into the bath). Afterwards, I threw up red liquid and felt the negative energy was gone.

I also have had a lot of tarot readings from various people and out of all of them, only found two that were accurate for me, one who was a teenager or in her early twenties, and one who was an older woman. One time I went to a tarot reader that a lot of people swore by, and he was honest and told me that I was very closed off and difficult to read. Tarot is an art form, though, and there are many ways to interpret the cards, so for some of these readers, maybe the cards pulled were "right" but their interpretation was off.

I have contacted psychics from online and I found one of them I think had a gift, but not enough to be a steady customer of. Another one I got a reading from in December 2013 and my husband got a reading from in January 2014, who was supposedly using tarot, astrology and numerology for our readings, gave us a lot of hope, but nothing she said ever even came close to being true and listening to her even threw us off the path we should have been on. I suppose she was not the right psychic for us (she had a lot of glowing reviews from other people). I was happy to find Lucky Mojo and also subsequently learn about AIRR and find out about the members. If I have any other non "in person" readings, it's going to be from AIRR. Psychics on the internet are risky. I was reading a thread on this forum about copyright violations, and some of these people are bold and steal writings and pictures outright just to pretend they are proficient and get people's money. Thankfully, I have not found a name on there (yet) that I have personally unknowingly dealt with.

Well, this is getting pretty long, so I will close here. It will be nice getting to know you all!

Nidia2

Re: Hello from NY!

Unread post by Nidia2 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Welcome! And thank you for your desire in wanting to help others, its admirable and kind.
That's one heck of an experience! O.o
You will be happy with AIRR readers, I have never been disapointed and continue to learn and be amazed by their work.both with personal readings and the lucky mojo radio show. I wish you the very best on your journey, enjoy and again, welcome to the forum! :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Hello from NY!

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:54 pm

Hello, NY_Flybabay!!

Welcome to the forum and to the Lucky Mojo family!

I am posting the most popular threads and some forum rules for you to look over.
And we are looking forward to seeing you on the forum.
If you ever have any questions, we are ALWAYS here for you.
Enjoy!!

These are links to general information on Hoodoo and to give you a jumping off point.

Hoodoo History:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Oils:
http://luckymojo.com/oils.html

Baths:
http://luckymojo.com/baths.html

Powders:
http://luckymojo.com/powders.html

Incense:
http://luckymojo.com/incense.html

Candles:
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

Herbs:
http://herb-magic.com

Conditions and how we can address them:
http://luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

Here is some info on how the forums are set up. It is divided into four parts:

1) News and Announcements about the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and this site.

2) Lucky Mojo Spiritual Supplies and how to use them, listed in threads by product type and product title.

3) Life Conditions and Situations, with recommended Lucky Mojo products, spells, and advice.

4) The Online Hoodoo Community, including sites, events, and outreach sponsored by Lucky Mojo.

When you post, it helps your moderators, who are recompensed volunteers, if you post in the area of the board that is best suited to the archival of your question or comment. That way moderators will not have to move your post or merge it into ongoing threads.

If you can't find a post you made, it may have been moved or merged. Go to your profile by clicking on your name and "search recent posts" -- you will find it.

Within each board section there are STICKY threads -- ones that always stay "stuck" to the top. These are popular discussion-threads that you can read and add to if your questions or comments fall into one of these oft-broached topics. If you don't see a "sticky" that relates to your question, feel free to start a new thread in the relevant section.

We do have a few "thou shalt not" rules here, and they can be found in the Forum Rules link at the top of each page. Most important for newbies are these four common errors to avoid:

1) Please do not come here asking for our formulas for conjure oils or for instructions on how to use spiritual supplies that you bought at a grocery store or at a competitor of ours; this is the Lucky Mojo Forum and is financially supported by the Lucky Mojo Curio Co.

2) Please do not spam the moderators by sending multiple duplicated private messages asking for personal help outside the board; many of our moderators do perform readings and rootwork spell-casting for clients, but they are professionals and you should approach them as you would any other professional.

3) Please do not post illegal copies of material from other web sites or from books.

4) Please do not post put-downs of any group of people based on their religion, race, or national origin, including derogatory comments about religions to which you may have previously been an adherent or comments in which you seek to falsely conflate any religion with the practice of evil sorcery.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “2015 Public Forum Introductions”